[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 472 KB, 2048x1432, 1414258181606285318_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7235059 No.7235059 [Reply] [Original]

HoloEN TTRPG General

Previous thread: >>7112128

Building or maintaining a Mythbreakers art folder? Please contribute to the booru if you have nothing else to do.
https://holo.booru.org

Current campaign listed below in chronological order:

Character creation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPyOZkyIosc
Kiara's character intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hB5QuSYBKw
Ina's Character Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXwW-g6P3zI
Amelia's character intro
https://youtu.be/CLvdLn_S4uA
Gura's character intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MiGxbsKyO8
TTRPG Recap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxvoFyeC-Do

Official Mythbreakers playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLB8Nt5W7hnKA-nna_2FcXRSeg0un0dogU

SESSION 1, PART 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2970h417AzI

>> No.7235089
File: 1.76 MB, 3000x3000, GM-Calli-by-Voxii.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7235059
For newfriends / fa/tg/uys: this is a Chronicles of Darkness (CofD) homebrew being played by the fabulous ladies of Hololive English, running under the Hunter: the Vigil module. As most of the players are new to the world of tabletop RPGs, this campaign is being played as more of learning experience, with fun and entertainment the primary goals.

THE CAST:

>Mori Calliope
as The Storyteller.
Everyone's beloved, buxom, pink-haired, adorably awkward boomer reaper. A solid journeyman in playing tabletop, she is the acting GM and organizer of this campaign.
>Takanashi Kiara
as Tiara
An explosively extroverted phoenix and savvy owner of the moderately popular fast food franchise, Kiara Fried Phoenix (KFP). Her experience in TTRPGs is limited to a small amount of DnD played as a child. Her character is Tiara, a nobly born foreigner with a talent for handguns and communicating with birds, particularly her pet owl, Uhu.
>Ninomae Ina'nis
as Yuul
A soft-spoken, sweet-natured priestess of the Deep Ones, also a talented artist whose character renditions has fueled the flood of Huntermyth fanart. A newbie in the realm of TTRPGs. Her character is Yuul B. Alwright, a sleep-deprived college student with a talent for academics, crafts, and vehicular homicide.
>Amelia Watson
as Watoto
An animal-loving time traveler and detective with a rough-and-tumble approach to life. Yet another newcomer to the realm of TTRPGs. Her character is Watoto, a paranoid, conspiratorial dealer of herbal concoctions and drugs who holds his own with rough street charisma and his fists.
>Gawr Gura
as Scout
An infectiously amiable shark, long-time resident of the underwater kingdom of Atlantis. She is also new to TTRPGs, but don't let that fool you, her roleplay and improv performance so far has been nothing less than masterful. After going through multiple drafts and iterations, she has settled upon the party's final character: an illiterate, tough-as-nails country blacksmith named Scout, a melee and survival powerhouse.

>> No.7235118
File: 1.06 MB, 4000x3658, Scout-and-Yuul-by-drawn2noodles.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7235059
Some WoD Lore from a humble /tg/ anon for those here not familiar with Hunter: The Vigil.

>What is World of Darkness
World of Darkness is a Urban-Fantasy Horror brand and setting created by White Wolf Publishing and now owned by Paradox Interactive Yes, that Paradox. The brand is famous for such games a Vampire: the Masquerade, Werewolf: the Apocalypse, Mage: the Ascension and even some vidya such as VTM:Bloodlines.
The setting takes place in a gothic-punk interpretation of our modern times in which the supernatural is real. Ghosts, Fairies, Vampires, Werewolves, Wizards, ect... its all as real in WoD. These beings all hide from humanity under the veil of secrecy. As to why, humanity once dropped two nukes on itself in order to deal with other humans causing problems. If humanity ever found out about the existence of the supernatural, it would probably go to lengths that would make WWII look like a Sunday service. So the supernatural see fit to exists in the shadows and within the corner of your eye. Silently feeding off off an ignorant humanity.
Setting-wise just think of the movie Blade, the Underworld series or a more Grimdark version of TV shows like Supernatural or Buffy and you've got a rough idea of what to expect.

>Who are Hunters.
An easy answer is just me telling you to "go look in the mirror". Hunters are just average Joes and Janes. Folks that have had a peek behind the veil and seen the supernatural. Whether they saw a young girl get snatched by the boogieman, figured out their boss is in fact a literal blood sucking demon, or accidentally clicked on the wrong webm on a mongolian basket weaving forum. Either way the true nature of the world has been revealed to them and there is no going back. Some folks try to feign a normal life, praying that the revealed horrors never notice their newfound awareness they usually do. Some become reclusive shut-ins, praying that they'll be eaten last which they won't be. Others carve wooden stakes, meltdown silver heirlooms, and grab grandpa's double barrel shotgun.
Hunter is about those folks, sworn to banish the darkness, drive the rats from their holes, and Light Up The Night. All while trying to maintain their sanity. Let's face it, watching a vampire magically reshape your friend's skeleton as if his bones were made of play-dough while your dog's blood begins to boil out of each and every one of his orifices, is not good for ones mental health. Especially when that shit happens almost on a monthly basis. It is World of Darkness after all.

>Why is it called Hunter: The Vigil?
Because hunting is a never ending cycle. One day a human sees the supernatural and becomes a hunter. The human becomes a fire in the darkness turning the shadows back. The hunter continues to hunt, his sanity slowly grinding away at the horrors they've seen and the sins they've committed. One day they may save a young boy from becoming some bloodsuckers midnight snack. They take the boy under their wing and teach them the trade. A flame is kindled. Now two flames work keeping the darkness at bay. One day the hunter's luck runs out or his mind breaks under all the horror. The hunter dies but the boy, now a man, goes on. Carrying the flame that was given to him by the hunter. The vigil marches on and the cycle begins anew.

>> No.7235148
File: 455 KB, 2939x1731, TiaraXWatoto-by-s9mu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7235059
Hunters generally organize themselves into organizations that can be divided out into three tiers. Cells, Compacts and Conspiracies.

>Cells
From the lone wolf to the local book club. These groups are made up of a handful of hunters who have come together to deal with the nightmares pray on humanity. Whether its the ghoul down the street selling vampire blood to kids, werewolves killing humans for sport, or the haunted mansion at the top of the hill that needs to be investigated. These guys are often humanities first line of defense against the creatures of the night. Their small size means they are quite agile and stealthy in the field and can go years without being detected by their targets until they strike. Yet Cells are typically isolated in terms of support, operating on limited resources and scraps of knowledge. As such they often take on threats with the resources they can get their hands on. Casualty rates can be quite high in an already ridiculously lethal profession. In the end Hunter Cells either get destroyed, disband after the threat(s) have been dealt with, or they survive and continue the hunt and may even later grow and become Compacts.

>Compacts
Two hunter cells oblivious to each other kick in the door to a vampire haven at the same time, hilarity ensues. Two cells make contact discussing witch covens on /x/ and arrange a meet up. However it happens, sometimes hunter cells run into other hunter cells. Most hunters agree that there is safety in numbers and that taking on the supernatural is a lot easier when you have n+1 members at your back. So they start to coordinate, share resources, and work to cover a larger area. For these groups, the hunt never ends. Compact members stand ready at a moment's notices for the call to mobilize. Compacts tend to operate on a regional scale but aren't large enough to become full nation spanning conspiracies.

>Conspiracies
Here be ye BPRD, Delta Green, SCP:Foundation and the lot. Ultra-secretive, these organizations can span entire nations and even reach across the entire globe. Before you ask, yes the Pope is involved. They have the money, the men, the means and their men are equipped with all the latest toys to take on almost any threat anywhere. These guys are who the monsters fear when they hear a bump in the night. Seriously, according to NWoD lore in 2008 the NSA cracked Shreknet which was the super-sekret darkweb used by vampires to communicate with each other across the globe. Needless to say the fallout was biblical, the clans were decimated and several clan elders were killed in coordinated surgical strikes across the globe led by various groups such as Taskforce: VALKYRIE, The US Governments response to the Supernatural, and the Malleus Maleficarum, a holy order led by the Catholic Church told you that hunt monsters.

>Some Notable Compacts and Conspiracies
There are a lot of compacts and Conspiracies in WoD lore, both old and new. I'll list a few over the next few days while posting WoD and Hunter Lore.

The Union
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9chF9gYZqI
An all American compact made up of a rag-tag collection regular average Joes who work hard protecting their homes and families from the things that go bump in the night.
Arguably one of the newest compacts on the scene. Forming back in the early 2000's though some groups can trace their origins back to individual cells dating back to the early 1900's forming out of various labor unions. The Union tends to opt for a more defensive NIMBY posture regarding the supernatural. They don't actively hunt supernatural creatures unless they come knocking on Union turf at which point The Union will swiftly brings the hammer down. Cells range from your average (if up gunned) neighborhood watch to backwoods militias operating out of a compound in the country.

Night Watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByT0FErPgfQ
Started by a homeless Vietnam Veteran, the son of a murdered cop, and their gang-banger buddies in the lawless ghettos of Pittsburgh during the 1980's. These guys got sick and tired of watching their friends, family and neighbors get eaten by vampires and decided to take the fight to them. Their first raid against a vampire haven and their ghoul stooges was such a success that it led their neighborhood to rise up in revolt against their bloodsucking overlords and drove them out of the city. Made up of the homeless and downtrodden. These guys patrol the streets and protect the meek from those that would make a meal out of them. They also fight crime and work to clean up communities they set up shop in. They run several community outreach programs to help folks get back on their feet, clean up the streets, and keep kids out of prison. Though these are often a cover to recruit new hunters.
Imagine the Guardian Angles from New York City during the 80's and you've got the right idea.

>> No.7235247
File: 2.82 MB, 2800x1890, HoloMyth-by-yellowgreen.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7235059
Finally, OP's special message to the fine ladies of Hololive English (implying they'd ever be caught dead visiting this dump):

A massive, Mori-melon-sized thanks to each and every one of you for all of your hard work in the creation of the Huntermyth series. This is a truly unique phenomenon for both the tabletop and vtuber community. Your collective efforts have blessed us with incalculable levels of joy, inspiration, and entertainment, and no amount of gratitude could ever hope to match it.

And a very, VERY special thanks to Mori Calliope, chief architect of this project. You are truly an exceptional person and one of the best DMs to grace the realm of tabletop. We love you so much for all you've given us so far, and pray that this campaign will be just one of hundreds, no THOUSANDS of the Huntermyth series.

>> No.7235360

>>7235247
Why do you keep including this cringe af post in the OP dump?

>> No.7237036

>>7235360
Tradition. Are you really worried about cringe on /vt/? You shouldn't be.

>> No.7237067

>>7237036
not that anon, but I'm pretty sure no one reads it. It's alright to leave out

>> No.7237115

>>7235360
https://streamable.com/m4s4vr

>> No.7237282

>>7237067
>>7237036
I'd especially leave out the third one, mostly because it seems completely irrelevant to the chronicle. They aren't interacting with the Union or the Night Watch and don't even seem to be at the level of tier 2 cell where those things start becoming relevant.

>> No.7237545

>>7235247
>>7237282
I'm inclined to agree here, omitting the last one because it's not contributing meaningfully to the overall thread. The second to last one because it's early yet in the series so it's extra information that won't matter for a good couple of months at least.

>> No.7238118

Aww sweet, a HoloEN ttrpg collab
>Kiara says something
>Yuul t-takes... ahhhh, takes f-forever, hmm i don't know, takes... forever, to say, shit? Maybe? P-possibly?

Watoturned it around so hopefully they can too.

>> No.7238709
File: 84 KB, 830x795, 1521984212073.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Why is Mori so stingy with equipment? Kiara was given the weakest revolver in game.

Also she keeps talking about her Gunslinger merit. When taking it was kinda pointless since as of Hurt Locker updated rules every semi auto weapon can fire in bursts including all pistols.

>> No.7238785

>>7238709
That's how newbie hunters are. It will make the powerups they get after more satisfying

>> No.7239135

Daily reminder that in HtV you can canonically gain powers from just straight-up eating what you hunt.

>> No.7239169

>>7238709
She's not stingy with equipment, the game is.
In my last HtV game I was a cop but there was no real way for me to actually have my service weapon available without investing points I didn't have into it.

>> No.7240892

>>7239135
>Haachama as a hunter

>> No.7241670

>>7239169
This is why you always get high resources.

>> No.7242960

>>7241670
>This is why you always get high resources.
We had super high resources on accident because our German player just flat-out misunderstood how OP 6 Resource dots are but we were in some blue state so getting a gun for me was not possible.
Was actually pretty funny because we both kind of autism'd pretty hard with him trying to get barely-not-banned guns and me hanging around outside the shop in my uniform making people nervous as hell.

>> No.7243418

Currently binging through all mythbreakers content, bear in mind I have only watched Pekora, Nyanners, and Korone in any real capacity and don't really know any of the current players. And I have to say, this Kiara lady seems fucking retarded, is that like a bit or is she just like this? I don't even dislike her exactly, I'm just baffled. Even Calliope is talking to her like she has downs.

>> No.7243584

>>7243418
German ESL, prease undastand

>> No.7243896

>>7243584
Oh okay, I would have sworn she was american but this makes sense

>> No.7243935

>>7238709
The worst revolver is one of two revolvers, and that's what she's specced into. Not much room to get a much better weapon outside attachments. Hurt Locker rules are optional too, and this group barely has the basics down.

>> No.7246037
File: 746 KB, 765x985, Scout Sheet Tutorial.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7235360
>>7237545
The last OP post was a last minute thing I whipped up while drunkposting over two weeks ago. I didn't expect it to last past a single thread, but whether it stays or goes is fine by me. I don't expect any of the girls to peruse this general, but let's be honest here: this general is probably the best place on this schizophrenic, gibbering shithole of a board.

All the fans really appreciate this project, and more than anything I want them all to be fully aware of that.

>> No.7246094
File: 1.45 MB, 1320x1685, Tiara Sheet Tutorial.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Reposting the character sheets because data is fun.

>> No.7246143
File: 676 KB, 606x768, Watoto Sheet Tutorial.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7246194
File: 1.04 MB, 915x1173, Yuul Sheet Tutorial.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7246698

>>7240892
>somehow becomes a drider in a fucking WoD game....

>> No.7247901

>>7246698
Probably very possible with Deviant

>> No.7248044

I was really certain Yuul would be sired in order to save her life. First aid is a cop-out.

>> No.7248693

>>7248044
Mori running a game saying it's Cell-tier Hunter but turns out it was a Mortals game leading to Vampire would be a nice switcheroo. Only a seer would see that coming.

>> No.7249770

>>7247901
>>7246698
Yeah, you could do it. You'd probably want 5 dots in Monstrous Transformation and then do 4 2 dot Variations, with those being Brachiation, Gigantic, Lash, and Deadly Ichor.

>> No.7249892

Gura is actually triggering me.
Play a fucking RPG Goorah

>> No.7249951

>>7249892
Anon, think of the numbers...

>> No.7252188

Still thinking about how Scout could've bullied Yuul when the latter referred to distance in "kilometers".

>> No.7252657
File: 259 KB, 1326x1326, Scout&Yuul.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7252188
>YA DAMN SACRILEGIOUS CITY RAT, THE METRIC SYSTEM'S THE TOOL OF THE DEVIL! MY FORD GETS FORTY RODS TO THE HOGSHEAD AND THAT'S THE WAY I LIKES IT!

>> No.7261366
File: 1.54 MB, 772x1228, this crazy fucker.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ebump

>> No.7263031

>>7243935
If they wanted, they could make a revolver using rifle rounds or something

>> No.7265285

Wyrm doko?

>> No.7267086

This is cool I guess but I'd much prefer it if they played a game people actually knew like D&D, no one I've met even knows what a World of Darkness is. I know this general shits its pants on Arcadum but he could have done a few sessions for them and they'll have gotten hooked.

>> No.7267408

>>7243418
Just finished watching her tutorial; holy fuck if Tiara isn't the biggest karen I've ever seen.
>seconds away from dying
>feral vampire? on top of her about to start eating her alive
>instead of trying to think of ways to escape or survive she starts gloating about how she's going to get a janitor 'fired from his job hwahaha'
never mind that she's too dumb to realize he is only pretending to work as a janitor for the sole reason of being there to help her.
the last thought on her mind as she's about to die is how she's totally going to screw over some fucking janitor as revenge for the consequences of her own actions.

>> No.7267642

>>7267086
Fuck off Arcadrone.

>> No.7267757

>>7267086
>i don't know this game therefore no one plays it.
retarded anecdotal take. Learn the game if you want to follow along instead of bitching about them not playing the one you know
>Arcadum
mid tier GM at best. If you're fantasizing about having someone from the outside, at least pick a good GM.

>> No.7267908

>>7267086
Jesus no. This project only exists because Mori couldn’t play WOD in Japan and has a passion for it. A D&D campaign by a “professional DM” would miss the point entirely. I very much doubt this group of autists would even agree to it. Their group collab time is too valuable anyway to waste it on the likes of Arcanum.

>> No.7268317

>>7267408
I fucking love her

>> No.7268812

>>7267408
I know she’s the best right?

Her stream is underrated I feel. Tiara’s definitely got some unlikable characteristics while still being coherent. It gives her a chance to warm up to her objectively crazy teammates while still being prickly with strangers. I feel like she strikes the best balance between rolling with the gameplay while also trying to act in a way that feels “realistic” for her character.

>> No.7268855

I NEED WatoTiara

>> No.7268891

>>7267408
>the last thought on her mind as she's about to die is how she's totally going to screw over some fucking janitor as revenge for the consequences of her own actions.
HOLY BASED

>> No.7268910

>>7267757
>mid tier GM at best
I wouldn't ever rate him mid tier. He's easily a 3-4 out of 10 in terms of GM ability and 1-3 in terms of streaming ability. The only thing he ranks high in is how much of a cult his dedicated viewerbase is.
>If you're fantasizing about having someone from the outside, at least pick a good GM.
This. There are a great number of GMs that blow him out of the water that linger in the 15-40 live viewer range. They're running games, not shows, and aren't actively trying to sellout like Arcadum does.

>> No.7269123

>>7268910
Just they're not well known doesn't automatically mean they're diamonds in the rough. Professional GMs are just a fucking cancer for the hobby.

>> No.7269274

>>7269123
I agree that Professional GMs that run for money/clout/numbers are cancer. However, some Professional GMs simply are "Professional" because they actually care about their craft and are invested in bringing the hobby to the masses. It's the difference between sponsored streaming and regular streaming. Arcadum is firmly in the former camp, where all he cares about is furthering his brand by jumping on the VTuber bandwagon and letting his cult bully other streamers into playing with him.

>> No.7269331

>>7269274
It's so cringe how Arcadum is shilled everyone. If you're unaware of who he is, you'd think he's some fucking force of nature with a large interconnected universe of esoterica and wonder...when he's just a fat retard who plays dungeons and dragons.

>> No.7269373

>>7269331
Exactly. He throws his weight around (literally, RIP Chair #4) like he's god's gift to D&D and that playing with him is a transcendental experience. When in reality he got kicked out of Adventurer's League and runs cutscenes, not games.

>> No.7269495

>>7268812
>>Her stream is underrated I feel.
Really? Its one of the most praised ones.

>> No.7269637
File: 82 KB, 500x500, shitbird.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Are you guys looking forward to shitbird dragging down another session by being a cringy retard attention whore?

Looking forward to Ame having to constantly try and salvage the wince-inducing shit that regularly vomits out of shitbird's mouth, to prevent the room from turning into dead air and uncomfortable laughs?

>> No.7271663

>>7269373
He got kicked out of what?

>> No.7271804
File: 292 KB, 2000x2400, E7XsKfIVIAYG1H3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Kiara's roleplaying was pretty good last stream. If anything, she's playing the sort of character I just don't like in cartoons, the obnoxious prick, pretty well. I have nothing against Kiara but I'd want to strangle Tiara if she was near me.

>> No.7271910

>>7271804
>but I'd want to violently hatefuck mating press and impregnate Tiara

>> No.7274483

>>7271663
You know how game stores used to have tables where people could play, and it was either Yugioh, Magic the Gathering, Warhammer, or D&D nerds using them? The latter is what I mean. Adventurer's League was/is the "official" way to play D&D where anyone can join up at any time and play through a module. But here's the thing: Only the most socially-inept, friendless, min-maxing fucks do it because they don't have other friends/a group to play with. And Arcadum got kicked out of that for being a shitter.

>> No.7277142

>>7267086
I give this bait post a 7/10. Pretty good hook but you tried a little to hard.

>> No.7279035
File: 458 KB, 1500x1200, E7aG1t0WQAUVEqw.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7282923

It's a real shame most of the Chronicles of Darkness is so shitboring, but Hunter the Vigil is excellent. So glad she picked this game.

>> No.7283168

>>7282923
Terribly unbased of you, bumpfag

>> No.7283881

torn between wanting Mythbreakers to be regular and consistent content vs a once-a-month full group collab gem. i know all of the girls have their own schedules, but their chemistry is just so good together that i want more.

>> No.7287355

>>7283881
biweekly seems a good enough compromise

>> No.7289753

>>7282923
Yeah, nWoD just doesn't have a defined world. But is has good crunch. I'm glad she's taking the best of both worlds.

>> No.7289920

>>7289753
>nWoD just doesn't have a defined world
What does that even mean?

>> No.7291554

>>7289920
Some people like the metaplot based cancerous tumor oWoD had hanging around its neck. I dunno why.
nWoD got rid of it in favor of doing more personal games, instead of every game being about the Technocracy, the Elder Vampires, or the Wyrm.
Which has made nWoD's lore a lot more light and hands-off than oWoD's heavy meta-tumor. A completely pointless complaint IMO since you can just bring the oWoD tumor into nWoD if you want it.

>> No.7291647

>>7267086

If it was actual regular D&D I'd probably pay attention to it rather than whatever this game is.

>> No.7291754
File: 84 KB, 1868x676, nWOD & CofD mechanics.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7267408
I can't tell if this is just commentary or criticism of Kiara's performance. Isn't having a distinct personality, even one that can be repulsive at times, an objectively good thing for the project overall?

>>7269495
General consensus on the tutorials are Scout>>>Yuul=Tiara>>>Watoto.

>> No.7291811

>>7291754
C'mon anon, if you're going to screenshot my stuff at least do it in Tomorrow. Yotsuba B makes my eyes bleed. Also, you might want to name that Health mechanics, that's the only thing included there.

>> No.7291877

>Bait
If it were D&D it'd be a lot less interesting, least of all because all of them would be substantially less into it. Call of Cthulhu or maybe Cyberpunk Red would work for cashing in on popularity if they got someone like Seth to run it for them.

>> No.7293050

>>7267086
ZOOMIE ZOOM ZOOM ZOOMER ZOOM ZOOM ZOOMIE to you too, you little shit.

I'd prefer they did OMage but Calli's afraid of NMage so i cant imagine it being any easier.

>> No.7293312

>>7263031
you mean, like an obrez?
or a .454 Cassul?

>> No.7293388
File: 67 KB, 1366x768, 1541329101135.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this guy can fuck right off.

>> No.7294399
File: 112 KB, 600x337, 7d7dd4fad6e9684aa0dd7fb3c72e248a11ff5681.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7294732

>>7294399
who's the perp in blue?

>> No.7294792

>>7293312
Something like that would be cool, hell why not go with some sniper rounds?

>> No.7294831

>>7235059
>people still drawing watoto with green skin
AHHHHHGGGGGGHHRHRGHHG

>> No.7294865

>>7294831
get as mad as you want, anon, it's Ame's fault for posting the Ame goblin pic before the ttrpg streams started, you can only blame her.

>> No.7294918

>>7294732
Gura's first unnamed chuuni courier character

>> No.7294926

>>7294732
The wagon kid, probably.

>> No.7294985

You guys think Ina is getting that inspiring spark in GMing Call of Cthulhu after seeing how Calli does it? Because damn, her enthusiasm in wanting to teach the girls is so strong.
Also, I'm here assuming she'll do it way after Mythbreakers is done.

>> No.7295017

>>7294792
>sniper rounds
sniper is a role, not an ammo type.
if you really wanna bust ass with a pistol:
>use an OverPressure version of the smaller caliber guns in a longer barrel.
>use .233 AR rounds
>use 20 gauge shotgun slugs
>convert to full auto and pray

>> No.7295065

>>7294792
Because that would be insane. Mechanically, a 1 point bump to damage and initiative penalty is about the best you can expect any usable revolver to have. That's over the heavy. Anything more is just insanity, both mechanically and narratively.

>> No.7295070

>>7294985
Do you have links w a timestamp or clips?

>> No.7295273

>>7295065
>what is a Colt Python?
>what is a .357 Magnum?
>what is a .454 Cassul?
>what is a Smith & Wesson 460XR?
all quite usable.
also, Big Iron was a real gun that used RIFLE parts.

>> No.7295303

>>7295070
It was in her debut, one of her objectives was to play CoC with the genmates.

>> No.7295385

>>7295017
>>7295273
Why not go all out with the .600 Nitro? Sure it costs 50+$ to fire a single round, but if we're going overkill we should go all the way.

>> No.7295538

>>7295273
I'll be honest. I've no idea why you said that to me.

>> No.7295799

>>7295538
Lol.
Each of those is a very large caliber revolver that will killfuck a human hit by it within 20 feet.
Python is the sanest choice up there.
....other same choices are the .44 Magnum and Colt Peacemaker (not the 45-70 version)

those should each easily do 3-5L damage in nWoD.

>> No.7295971

>>7295799
Yes. I know they're large caliber revolvers, but that's not anything I was saying. I wasn't saying you don't get big revolvers, I'm saying you don't really get revolvers using what anyone would call a "sniper" rifle cartridge, then I said that doing more than 3 damage with a revolver is nutty.

nWoD damage numbers do not translate to CofD, the math is different.

>> No.7297377

>>7295273
>>7295385
>>7295799
Would be nice if Calli offered Kiara the chance to acquire a few super powerful rounds to use in a pinch, maybe as a reward if their first mission is a complete success.

Or for Scout to get something like link below. I WANNA SEE SCOUT MELEE ACTION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNzOAqsvOww

>> No.7297505

>>7297377
It's cool in theory, but its the sort of thing that basically becomes a non-reward. Especially in groups with breaks like this, and being so RP focused.

>> No.7298982

>>7297505
And specially considering how the combat encounters up until now are far from being a direct fight, as Mori didn't ignore the fact the PCs can't fight anything without preptime.

>> No.7300053
File: 703 KB, 561x684, Tiara Revised.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7297505
I think my message was poorly conveyed. Not some video game style "get bear asses, get bing bing wahoo from immobile questgiver", more like:
>first mission is going extraordinarily well
>Tiara dipping and dunking on all of Calli's attempts to trip her up
>comes up with an unexpected solution to the core problem
>GM slips in a little reward in a plot-friendly manner, maybe a better gun or unique bullets or the like

This is me assuming Calli is a fair GM, which seems so thus far.

>> No.7300273

>>7300053
Don't worry, I knew what you meant. It's just that stuff like a limited amount of special rounds tend to be a non-reward for the reasons listed. Its so easy for them to just never get used and never be relevant.

>> No.7301906

>>7243935
In case you didn't notice Mori is not using weapon tables from CoD she's using the one from Hunter. She gave Tiara a .22 revolver.

>> No.7302058

>>7295799
.308 hunting rifles do 4L. Weatherby does 5L.

Revolver calibers are nowhere near that.

>> No.7302188

>>7301906
CofD doesn't use specific weapons, the .22 is just a light revolver there. It's still a .22 revolver though.

>> No.7302243

>>7302188
The point is she said it lacks 10 again rule. Which is exactly what Hunter version does.

>> No.7302297
File: 141 KB, 1280x720, Vanitas lolivamp bite.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a feeling the moment Mori actually throws a real enemy at them and plays be the rules they are all going to die.

>> No.7302332

>>7302243
Well that's gonna get dumb quick then. But also means they might be using the wrong damage rules, which is gonna make things suck for the girls when combat happens.

>> No.7302526

>>7302332
They were always using wrong damage rules. She never added successes to damage.

>> No.7302544

>>7302058
The only CofD gun that does 5 damage is chambered in something around a .300 Magnum round of some description.

>> No.7302586

>>7302526
What was even the point in swapping over?

>> No.7302740

>>7302586
No idea. They never fixed the sheets or anything.

>> No.7302766

>>7302526
Damage/armour rules are one of the best changes. The nWoD ones are retarded.

>> No.7303248

>>7302740
That we know of. Haven't gotten an update about them since the tutorials, but I've been trying to catch a Calli stream to ask her about it.

>> No.7306142
File: 16 KB, 272x93, 1627308500493.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

yeah, we need to see new sheets.

>> No.7309858
File: 103 KB, 430x450, tigerseyed10inked.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Spill it, you want to try playing a game like this too, don't ya? Not like I'm using this to gauge interest or anything, of course.

>> No.7309896

>>7309858
It made me interested in playing a TTRPG, yes

>> No.7310031
File: 706 KB, 825x824, _hunter_bloodborne_drawn_by_mocha_mochamura_022caf91da217903959a84a304ef4881.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302297
Can't wait. I want their neurons firing.

>> No.7310159

>>7294732
Mystery Dark Lady

>>7294918
Correct

>>7294926
See above

>> No.7310557

>>7310031
All four of their collective neurons?

>> No.7310880

>>7309858
It made me interested in the hunter side of WoD

>> No.7311863

>>7302766
Everyone knows cannons are more accurate than snipers

>> No.7312422

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8dpoO9cbmc

>> No.7313299

>>7309858
I've always kinda liked the more nuanced approaches to fantasy horror in media, and seeing their playthrough of this has definitely inspired me to think about getting into this as a first TTRPG, especially since I've always wanted to roleplay but have had an awful time of finding people to do it with (or timing has gone awry because my schedule is always awful for everybody else for some reason).
I like the idea of essentially acting out a Lovecraft story. I even have a pretty good idea of what my first character would be. Maybe I'll whip up a sheet.

>> No.7315685

>>7293050
Oh god if they did OMage or Changeling the Dreaming I'd flip the fuck out in joy.
>>7291647
ventilate yourself.

>> No.7315807

>>7315685
Who would gravitate toward Sons of Ether?

>> No.7315837

>>7291554
NWoD's lore is really uninspiring, for the most part they frontload all the tumours onto character creation and the type of characters you're allowed to play - all Changelings are rape victims, no Geist is allowed to be an Elysian because muh storyteller character and you have moral stats for everything.

OWoD actually had some cool organisations and plots that people used because hey, they're cool organisations. It's not the scale of which you're trying to exaggerate anymore than "Exarchs / God Machine intrudes on your chronicle" is either. It's just a strawman invented by a bunch of nogame forum fags from the 90s that NWoDcrones latch onto.

Hunter the Vigil is rare in the NWoD in that the story is actually leaps and bounds better than it's predecessor, metaplot or not. Mummy the Curse is also in this category. Requiem and Forsaken are total footnotes and the only reason people bring up Awakening is to magefag.

>> No.7315906

>>7309858
Hell yeah brother

>> No.7317283

>>7315807
Ame and Kiara would love playing Etherites. I think Ina strikes me as someone who might like the Order of Hermes, especially house Flambeau.

Gura? Definitely an Akashic with a demon sword.

>> No.7318008

>>7291877
>Cyberpunk Red
As someone who was on the beta team for it, and who ran multiple short groups for it, even I wouldn't recommend it. I'm not going to go on a /tg/ level rant here, but basically it was rushed out to capitalize on the 2077 hype before it was revealed what a fucking nothing-burger that was. There's a great number of problems with the system, including DC values, all of Netrunning, vehicles rules, and more.

>> No.7320190

>>7309858
d10 may not be one of the original platonic solids...but they are the Best Dice

>> No.7320383

>>7318008
>beta tester.
i call bullshit": Pondsmith had his most loyal fans in that pool, and you are definitely an anti.
...that said.
If you really wanted to knock CPred, why not tell a truthful statement like "it's pretty much a reformat of CyberPunk 2020" or, " the art was made to appeal to Twitter" or, "it's a 60 USD book that should have been a few pages lighter and 45.99"
The DC values work that way for a reason, choomba.

>> No.7321612

>>7315837
NWoD is actually really useful as a toolkit of ideas and stuff to use in OWoD games, but yeah, it's general lore sucks.

NWoD's limited lines are usually pretty good, at least regarding 1st edition. I'm not familiar with second.

>> No.7322198

>>7291554
Sweet lord this post's spicy enough to make my eyes water. Well done.
>>7282923
GTSE is pretty interesting as is DtD but neither are all that great in terms of gameplay and would've been a nightmare with beginners.
Overall though agreed.
>>7315837
>It's just a strawman invented by a bunch of nogame
Pretty much this. Some of the metaplot was utterly TERRIBLE but you never had to use it and neither id you have to make everything about this or that Methuselah waking up.
>>7293050
>HoloEN
>Mage'
>any Mage
I now know the meaning of fear.
>>7309858
I haven't played in ages and a group of people that like vtubers would be far better than the random Roll20 normies I had to make do with last time.

>> No.7322343

>>7321612
>NWoD's limited lines are usually pretty good, at least regarding 1st edition. I'm not familiar with second.
NTA but pretty much all 2nd editions can be seen as universally superior versions of said gameline as far as mechanics go.
Lore you'll always have to use a pastiche of things for but shit like Requiem 2e or Geist 2e are incredibly smart games.

>> No.7323238

>>7322343
I like a lot of 2e's stuff... except for beats and conditions. I really don't like how "gamey" they feel. 2e's combat is pretty buttery smooth, though. Oh, I also don't like the move away from statting out NPC's, but in effect it's almost the same so it doesn't really matter.

>> No.7323272

>>7321612
NWoD had a really good idea in not insisting on cross splat. Some OWoD books baked into that assumption whilst other ones didn't, and the ones that didn't were criticised. I think OWoD lore + NWoD mechanics is honestly really fucking good. KOTE plays like a stringless violin in OWoD but the NWoD homebrew conversion is excellent.

>> No.7323322

>>7323238
What's the difference between 1e and 2e combat?

>> No.7324021

>>7320383
First name in the playtest credits. Then do your google reps. I was very vocal during playtesting (especially netrunning) but was otherwise ignored.

>> No.7324116

>>7322198
You want fear, try "HoloEN" and "Exalted".

>> No.7324140

>>7323322
1e has the weapons "damage" add to the relevant dice pool. That is, a shotgun adds more dice to shooting someone than a pistol (with the shotgun also rerolling more dice than the pistol). Each success rolled is a point of damage. Armor is a penalty to the opposing dice pool.
As of the God Machine rules update, this is not the case. First, it has rather nice rules for quickly dealing with minor characters who wouldn't be a real threat, by just treating them as a skill roll like any other. Attack rolls work the same, except you don't add your weapons damage to dice pools. Instead, you take your successes and add it to the weapons damage. Armor works to absorb that damage. It's simple, logical enough, and quick. It also produces the results you would expect - Rifles deadly. Shotguns deadly. Body armor mitigates this (but a rifle round to the chest is still going to hurt). Bigger guns also impose an initiative penalty. Automatic weapons work by just adding more dice to the dice pool to hit. Also, all the weapons from the Armory book can more or less be converted over, by just removing a point of damage and adding an appropriate initiative penalty. Armory covers the vast majority of calibers, so if you want to import the vast majority of common firearms, you can, and it's very easy to stat them out. That said, I'm not a huge fan of saying that all melee weapons deal lethal damage - A clubs ability to break bones is already represented in damage rollover.

>> No.7324219

>>7324140
I've been looking over tilts and conditions again, and honestly they aren't as bad as I remembered - I probably won't use them as the game intends, but they seem useful for classifying damage and negative effects quickly. I still don't like the beats system.

>> No.7324541

>>7324116
At least with OMage Calli might understand and enforce Paradigm, though frankly she might have to use the sphere (or resonance)+arete rule hack for fast casting.

Exalted is just dinos piss heroin roll 20 dice for damage

>> No.7324615
File: 639 KB, 1280x720, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7324116
>You want fear, try "HoloEN" and "Exalted".

>> No.7324698

>>7323238
Oh fuck off I typed out an explanation and then lost it. Or maybe it was deleted idk. I'm tired.
TL;DR: Yeah beats are shit.
Conditions are great as a way to make the subtler approaches you need in UrbFan easier to work with without having to renegotiate it with the ST each time.
>>7324219
Oh neat.

>> No.7325408

>>7324116
I would love to see HoloEN play Paranoia

>> No.7326057

>>7325408
God yes!

>> No.7326107

>>7324021
>nice 5D chessmove.
i see you are trying to Doxx someone you don't like.

>> No.7326258

>>7326107
Fine. I'll even put on my trip then. This isn't the first time I've spoken about this either.

>> No.7327213

>>7315837
Just for people who might not know, this is terrible bait. Like maybe 2/10, if that.

>> No.7327291

What are the chances of getting some official Huntermyth merch from Hololive?

Those streams actually made me like Ame and Calli more. Kiara is still unlikable, but at least I can tolerate her speaking now.

>> No.7327347

>>7327291
Scout and Yuul body pillows when?

>> No.7327412

>>7324219
I think beats might be one of the best bits from the new edition, it's just the bit that takes the longest to get to. They're a really good way to generate interesting drama because they incentivise you to make the most interesting drama. That being the stuff that is going to suck for your PC, but is fun to play. There is just a bit of a speed bump to get over to having it click.

>> No.7327426

>>7327213
Just for people who might not be aware, this anon is actually really butthurt. Go easy on him.

>> No.7327485

>>7324116
They'd give up unless they played Quixalted Extended, a rules hack far superior to the base games and totally customisable.

>> No.7327498

>>7327426
Oh c'mon. You know it's bait as well as I do "Changelings are all rape victims" Is the most braindead nogame take there is. You get more freedom in a CofD game to make just whatever then you do in oWoD, and I love oWoD. It's just tired bait.

>> No.7327521

>>7324541
OMage and Exalted 1e/2e/3e are complex for different reasons.

OMage's sphere systems needs you to basically understand the rest of the WoD lines and the world in a way few other OWoD games do.

Exalted plays like shit and has a lot of fiddly rules.

>> No.7327530

>>7327213
Not bait if it's true. CofD has some excellent material in it's sourcebooks, but it's worldbuilding and core is weak as fuck.

>> No.7327538

>>7267086
>I wish a fucking MALE eceleb guided these girls with no interest in roleplaying before being dragged by their genmate into doing it
Holy mother of cancer, how much of a holo newfag are you?

>> No.7327551

>>7327498
NTA but CtL is literally based on all Changelings being abuse victims. The core book expounds on this in great detail.

>> No.7327706

>>7327521
1 is perceive, 5 is create, the other are varying degrees of manipulation. Like you can literally pick vampires out of a crowd with life 1. You don't need to know the other games for that. But Mage does step on everyone else's toes a lot. Mages meddle. It's their thing.

>> No.7327709

>>7327551
Is rape the only kind of abuse there? The answer is obviously no, as anyone with even the briefest knowledge would know the gamut of the durance is infinite, and that's why it's bait anon.

>> No.7327890

>>7327709
They also know about things like Playmates. Who didn't really suffer at all. Their biggest problem is their Keeper just got bored of them. Now they're bummed out about it. Totally all rape though. Just impossible to make anything else.

>> No.7328166

>>7327709
>>7327890
>it's not rape it's just abuse victims gawd it's a metaphor
yeah it's still Changeling the Rapening though.

>> No.7328288

>>7235059
One of my favorite things to put on Hunter players is "monsters that fight human evils" like "Malkavian against USSR-style political psychiatrists," "a pack of Black Furies tearing a human (trafficker) apart," or "Shitbag CEO being ruined by Virtual Adepts."

I hope Calli throws this one at them sometime.

>> No.7328296

>>7327890
Well yeah, it's bait. It wouldn't be bait if it was true. They're also salty about fucking Tyranny not having proper rules in the core book. They're basically saying "Why doesn't the core book let me play the bad guys?". No core book every really lets you do that one. If Geist gets a Night Horrors book it'll be in there, just like it was for the Pure, or Belial's Brood, or Tremere Liches. That's where those rules go.

>> No.7328636
File: 121 KB, 400x390, 1376405024660.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7327291
Fumos. Must have fumos of the cast.

>>7327538
The only one you could reasonably argue got "dragged in" was Ame, and not because she's unwilling, just that she's your typical zoomer whose patience levels can only handle Apex kinds of action.
-Ina's debut goal stated her interest to try out TTRPG.
-Kiara has played before as a child, and despite what her detractors say, she's the most eager member when it comes to group collabs.
-Gura. Gura likes to perform, she also loves Calli and would do anything for her. So long as the series endures, Gura is a hard lock for the sessions.

>> No.7328695

>>7328288
>they encounter a pack of Black Furies
This would be fucking HILARIOUS

>> No.7328768

>>7327890
I often go with "child soldier" concepts in changeling desu.

>> No.7328844

>>7327890
>My character actually LIKED being raped
even more cucked than being raped and hating it.

>> No.7328982

>>7328768
Child soldier is a fun one. I've got a bit of a fondness for the repetitious sort of durances. Like the Changeling whose durance was just making really good shoes, but no matter how many shoes your made they weren't perfect enough. That sort of thing can be worked into characters in fun ways. Just pointless stubbornness and exceptional skill in an area.

>>7328844
See? That's better bait. Short, sweet, but still displaying total ignorance. You're learning, bud.

>> No.7329093

>>7328844
see
>>7328768

What boy doesn't want to be a soldier, heroically fighting monsters and saving the day?

Vibes of the last starfighter here, but the gentry literally cannot understand why this is a bad thing.

One day, your term of enlistment was up, and you went home with no other real skills but warfare.

>> No.7330026
File: 60 KB, 477x328, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Oh, so it is actually possible for Tiara to learn how to speak with birds without losing her humanity, just have to use some optional rules. The gang seems to be inside the Hedge already so there's an opportunity for her to pickup a goblin fruit

>> No.7330133

>>7329093
That's life when you enlist as infantry (never do this).

>> No.7330390
File: 61 KB, 462x365, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7330026
The easier way is to just pick up the Animal Speech Supernatural Merit. She could have had it at chargen if they knew what game they were playing.

>> No.7330822
File: 34 KB, 417x199, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7330390
There are actually a lot of cool merits that better fit the character concepts, just that it was a lot to take in for a two hour stream. Yuul, for example, might be better served with Crack Driver, allowing her to have a massive 10 dice pool for her drive (which she'll still somehow fail), rather than automotive genius, which she has never used once.

>> No.7331059

>>7330026
It just makes them insane instead. IDK why you posted that so out of context.

For those not in the know about Mirrors, that excerpt is from a section called "Mind Over Matter" and deals with an alternate set of rules called "Forbidden Lore" which deals with giving Mortals a power stat called "Reason". Essentially this set of optional rules for a style of game Calli isn't running lets you acquire powers off of supernatural templates but at the cost of your sanity. Basically every scene she wants to talk to her bird she'd gain 1 Insanity, when she hits 10 she loses 1 Reason. The more Reason you lose the more insane you start to become. It's essentially Mythos magic by way of nWoD and because you can guarantee Tiara isn't ever going to visit a therapist she's either going to go insane fast or have perpetually no Willpower.

>>7330822
Yup, which is why I'd like to see them have a bit of a tinker with their sheets. I think they're missing out on some fun. Peopel also have stuff they don't qualify for, and won't likely ever use.

>> No.7331161

>>7331059
Just learning a forbidden lore power costs a reason, and reason 9 is already -1 of social rolls.

>> No.7331251
File: 137 KB, 966x362, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7331059
>For those not in the know about Mirrors, that excerpt is from a section called "Mind Over Matter" and deals with an alternate set of rules called "Forbidden Lore" which deals with giving Mortals a power stat called "Reason". Essentially this set of optional rules for a style of game Calli isn't running lets you acquire powers off of supernatural templates but at the cost of your sanity. Basically every scene she wants to talk to her bird she'd gain 1 Insanity, when she hits 10 she loses 1 Reason. The more Reason you lose the more insane you start to become. It's essentially Mythos magic by way of nWoD and because you can guarantee Tiara isn't ever going to visit a therapist she's either going to go insane fast or have perpetually no Willpower.

That's not reason works. Once she's purchased an ability with reason, she no longer has to spend reason to use it. Sure she'll be as nutty as Watoto but people are shipping the two together anyway, so it's a natural development

>> No.7331277
File: 42 KB, 677x1024, 1626802259763m.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7235059
https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Promethean
Considering Dr. Oopsie's mad scientist nature and desire to make human life out of inanimate material, what's the likelihood of her arc culminating in creating a Promethean(probably a clay or stone one considering her desire to make life out of nothing) and the party being tasked with hunting it down once it escapes or Oopsie going mad with power and potentially creates a bunch.
It could definitely have a interesting outcome of either good ole fashion violence or finding out that the prometheans are fully sentient and didn't ask to be created so they send it off to go on a pilgrimage walking off into the sunset with the hulk ending theme playing

>> No.7331331

>>7331251
That's exactly how it works. I didn't say it costs Reason to use, I said it gives Insanity which then removes Reason.

>A character begins with zero Insanity and each time she uses a power she gains a point (not dot; this is not a permanent score like Reason) of Insanity as a result. The original cost of the power is completely replaced by gaining a single point of Insanity. If, for example, a Mage rote is listed as costing 2 Mana and one point of Willpower, the cost for the character that learned that spell as Forbidden Lore is still one point of Insanity (gained, not lost).
>When a character reaches 10 points of Insanity, her mind snaps from the strain imposed on it by Forbidden Lore and she automatically loses a point of Reason.

Using powers gain through Forbidden Lore does make you insane.

>> No.7331390

>>7331331
You know what, I'm dumb and thought that the Insanity section was not part of the Forbidden Lore section

>> No.7331434

>>7331390
Don't worry about it. Mirrors is fucking huge and the layout of nWoD books was never amazing.

>> No.7331507

>>7328288
>a pack of Black Furies tearing a human (trafficker) apart
As the law dictates, at least one of the girls gotta have her character go horny towards the beefy wolfladies. My bet would be Kiara just because it's her gimmick, but Mori is doing a sike and have one of the Furies get an eye on Yuul because she smells like an untouched bottom.

>> No.7331837

>>7235089
wasn't Kiara playing Der Schwarze Auge instead of DnD?

>> No.7331851

>>7331277
I think Dr Oopsie wants to create a Fetch.

>> No.7332094

I, personally, prefer twink watoto

>> No.7332269

>>7331851
>tfw Dr Oopsie IS the Fetch

>> No.7332890

>>7331851
I dunno Fetches are literally just a not all that there clone of another person which isn't all that impressive to creating unique life, however considering the cross rules between promethean the created and changingly a promethean made by a mortal attempting to mimic the fae is not all that out of the picture since its possible for a fetch to get their very own human soul by getting some pyros and going on a pilgrimage

>> No.7332934

>>7332890
Or to be said in a more concise matter Oopsie may see a regular ole fetch as a dead end or not enough in order to make a whole ass human

>> No.7333006

>>7332890
An Unfleshed, or possible Extempore, made from a Fetch could be really cool though.

>> No.7333048

>>7330133
>That's life when you enlist as infantry (never do this).
*Never do this if you don't know people that can get you into contracting after your first tour

>> No.7333126

>>7331507
My second bet would be the Furies thinking the gang are keeping Watoto as some sort of charity work. He does look like a Metis if you squint enough.

"All in all, you're all pretty good. You should give your man-pet a bath though."

>> No.7333280

>>7331277
>Considering Dr. Oopsie's mad scientist nature and desire to make human life out of inanimate material, what's the likelihood of her arc culminating in creating a Promethean
I've been saying that since Yuul's game. Also that creating a Promethean is one of the most evil things possible in the setting.
Do you know I Have No Voice and I Must Scream?
It's basically that.

>> No.7333317

>>7333280
>Also that creating a Promethean is one of the most evil things possible in the setting.
This is such a fucking meme.

>> No.7333417

>>7331277
Aren't prometheans constructed out of reassembled corpses? Maybe if Watoto and Tiara were to die their bodies could be combined into a functional human being?

>> No.7333421

>>7333126
Wouldnt' they smell the taint of the Wyrm on him? There's no way they'd be able to work with woofs

>> No.7333637

>>7333417
Only some of them. Frankensteins are always multiple corpses, Galateids are occasionally made of multiples, and Ulgans are but it's the just one person that got ripped asunder and then remade. An Extempore could possibly be too, but that'd be a little weird. Osirans and Tammuz aren't reconstructed, and the Unfleshed are made of inorganic materials.

>> No.7333676

>>7333421
Yes, I forgot that detail.

>> No.7333716

>>7331837
If she was playing DSA her character would be more well-rounded because it trains you through bullying and beatings to pick up as many different skills as you can.
There's a running gag (which I think is not that far from the truth) that in DSA it's perfectly viable to run a party exclusively composed of professional whores, because the breadth and scope of the skill system as well as the design of the encounters the game recommends makes it entirely viable to scam, fuck steal and bully your way to success.

So just going off her performance so far I suspect it was indeed D&D or another system of a similar philosophy.

Fun little detail, if a little apocryphal: DSA originally comes from an attempted project to localize D&D back in the day.
Germans being Germans in both engineering and lore sensibilities* however took hold, and as time went on the iterative changes gradually gave rise to a game that was far more grounded in the idea of the folk hero.

*(Germany has its own equivalent to Wuxia called Schelmenroman [Prankster's Tales] that arose from the 30 years war. It always deals with the adventure of a stupid or mentally disturbed individual whose intrepid charm and readiness to experiment leads them through the darkest of times. They're never shining heroes or paragons of morality, instead they're people either blind to or accepting of the cruel absurdity of life who treat the situation with a mixture of naive humour and aggressive trial and error).

>> No.7333739

>>7333676
You didn't forget, it's not something Woofs get by default.

>> No.7333813
File: 411 KB, 1000x1480, 1627351565617.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7333280
Eh it's really shitty to the promethean forcing them into an existence that objectively hates them especially if you don't take responsibility and help them through their pilgrimage, but I wouldn't say it's the worst things to do in WoD/CofD with pentex as a major example, poor fucking were roaches.....

>> No.7334195

>>7333813
You've also got the implication of the divine fire actually forcing demiurges to do it too.

>> No.7334523

>>7333637
>Galateids
On a note regarding them their progenitor was specifically made from a stone carving
>>7333417
Technically you can make quite a few lineages except Frankenstein's of non organic material but they have to spend a extra pyros everyday to maintain being animated aswell as a few other downsides, but they're alot tougher for it

>> No.7334573

>>7334523
>On a note regarding them their progenitor was specifically made from a stone carving
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhh. Maybe. The only thing is very up for debate, there are like 4 different version of that story in the PtC books. I'll paste them in later.

>> No.7334629

>>7333813
You can make the exact same argument against human life tbqh

>> No.7334636

>>7334573
>The only thing
That whole thing*
No idea what happened there.

>> No.7334920

>>7334629
That's the point really, or atleast that's what I think is the point regarding the original Frankenstein book, it was his inability to handle the responsibility of creating new life that damned him, Adam is very analogous to many real people who've been neglected and or abused by their parents and rejected by society.

>> No.7335166
File: 1.82 MB, 1280x720, 1627730932110.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7302297
I really wonder if Mori is going to kill any of them for real if dice say so.

>> No.7335336

>>7320383
I'm playing a Red campaign for over a month now and rules suck dick.

10% chance to fail spectacularly at everything. Really weird gun rules with numbers that make no sense. Deadly combat from previous editions completely neutered with everything being a HP sponge. It's really not a good game.

>> No.7335490

With the amount of homebrew content for the original CP2020, there's little reason to use Red.
That being said, in the game I'm in, we're using the 77 setting because we're fags. Red having pseudo postapocalyptic setting instead of the one in the game is also an odd choice

>> No.7335640
File: 958 KB, 1200x709, 90736449_p0_master1200.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7334920
On another note that hammers this for me believing that WoD also goes along this line of thinking, is that through playing promethean the main goal for everyone's character is going through the pilgrimage and completely the great work, which is basically developing as a person and learning how humanity works and eventually with this development they may be able to achieve a human soul and become a person, in essence the goal of the game is to as a child does grow and develop into a full fledged member of society, this is also compounded with the villains/evil promethean faction who are basically people who due to the harshness of life refuse to grow up and instead seek to lash out against society whenever they can for dealing them such a terrible lot in life in essence they are manchildren, well the type of manchildren who bomb their community center or shoot up a school

>> No.7335888

>>7323238
Beats are annoying as shit, yeah, conditions I really like. As much of a meme as "depth" is they really do add some of that and make it easier to track who is doing what to whom.
Which is especially important in UrbFan because the core assumption of the genre (and considering its age, for good or ill, WoD *is* the genre to a large extent due to how much of its influence bled into the wider culture indirectly) that you'll be using a lot of subtle and mind affecting abilities, a fair amount of modern or fantastical chemistry and non-lethal means of taking people out because unlike in high fantasy you're not the highest moral authority by virtue of your strength or religious affiliation.

In essence, they allow you a certain granularity and subtlety that you'd have to otherwise renegotiate with the ST every time you do.
I wouldn't want or see a need for it in, say, a Star Wars game, but WoD is fundamentally about navigating natural and supernatural needs as well as the constraints of the modern world, all while having a secret that even staunch pacifists might kill you over/people more powerful than you will kill you to keep.

On that note though. I find it interesting that Sin-Eaters adhere to the masquerade. I know why from a meta stand point but lore wise it feels like the kind of thing you'd keep discrete but not secret. All your natural enemies are Somewhere Else and while you don't have to tell everyone that you're immortal being an exorcist is not such a strange thing if you don't run awry of the wrong brand of evangelical.

>> No.7336060

>>7335888
>Beats are annoying as shit
What's wrong with them?

>> No.7336929

>>7335888
>I find it interesting that Sin-Eaters adhere to the masquerade
They don't, at least not in the same fashion. Even then not all of them do. Sin-Eaters aren't really a secret, they're just a secret society. Even then that terminology can be strained to breaking point. It's often less "Sin-Eaters don't let people know they exist" and more "Sin-Eaters don't let people know what they do". The lore reason for why is pretty simple though, if you notice the dead then the dead notice you. They've also got more than their fair share of enemies if things were public, any two-bit necromancer, concerned citizen, worried politician, or religious official might not be so eager on letting people talk to the dead, or they might be all to eager to do it themselves, or hell, even join them. Mourners and Necropolitians both seek worlds where the dead and the living are always in contacts.

>> No.7337869

is Geist an edgier Shaman King?

>> No.7337925

>>7337869
Not at all, Shaman King could be way edgier.

>> No.7338669

>>7337869
I'm happy to talk about, and answer any questions on, GtS but I'm curious as to what your ideas of it are. I always find that GtS catches people off guard with how Sin-Eaters all tend to operate. So I'd like to hear what you imagine it's about before I actually tell you anything.

>> No.7340881

>>7338669
from what I read, it sounds like a game where a generic campaign will be about a bunch of emos going around talking with ghost, kicking some asses and coping.

>> No.7341251

>>7333421
>>7333126
>>7333676
>>7333739
Furies can access sense Wyrm rather easy.
Poor, Poor, Watoto

>> No.7342103

>>7331277
I'm actually thinking Oopsie is an Ensorcelled, if only as an explanation as how she's able to pierce through the fetches' masks. She might've made a deal with a changeling and resulted in her and her studies being a target for the Gentry.

>> No.7342746

>>7340881
That's half right. There will be ghosts to talk to and asses to kick, but there will also be Carnivale and samba beats, Dia del los Muertos and sugar skulls, Halloween bonfires and candy apples. Geist is the most upbeat of any WoD or CofD game out there. It can certainly be somber at times, there might well be rage and fury, and no one will tell you thing won't get miserable. It's a game about death, and that always involves tragedy, but it's not a game of wallowing in angst it's about celebrating the life that lead up to it and all the pleasures thereof. You died once, you're going to die again, but for right now you're alive and life has a lot to offer. There are a lot of poor saps who died, stayed dead but left something of themselves behind. So you'll help those move on to something else if you can, because Geist is a game of empathy as well. It's not just the dead you'll be helping either, you got a second chance to right the wrongs of your own life. So there is always hope that things will be better, you'll be healing broken things where you find them, and taking joy in all that life has offered and has yet to offer. There will be rough patches and hardships, as there are in any story, but at the end of the day it's all about hope, joy, and empathy and righting the wrongs of the past to make something better in the future.

>> No.7343089

Would an Awakened be able to sense Watoto's pact upon seeing him, or would it require casting spells?

>> No.7343400

>>7342746
For some reason this post reminds me of Disco Elysium. Sounds like a good setting. Could any other beast be a geist too, like a werewolf or a mage?

>> No.7343579

>>7343089
Assuming we're using CofD rules it'd require Active Mage Sight of the Spirit Arcanum to notice it, and then would really require Focused Mage Sight to actually tell you exactly what the deal is. So only a Thyrsus could do it for free, any other Path would need to have taken a dot in Spirit and then also spent a point of Mana when using Active Mage Sight to use Spirit Sight.

>> No.7343774

>>7337869
>is Geist an edgier Shaman King?
If you wanna compare it to anime then Yu Yu Hakusho or the first half of Bleach's first season would be a better comparison.
Though I'd say a better comparison is Jet Set Radio Future meets Dresden Files and a more down to earth take on John Constantine.

You're a no-good layabout exorcist with a 90s skater vibe.
Your powers come from the fact that you were such a cool and interesting character that the Beyond decided to bring you back after your last stunt in order to see more of your antics.
Grossly simplified but yeah.

>>7336929
Yeah ok that's fair enough.
>>7336060
>What's wrong with them?
It introduces a number of uuncertainties and metagamey considerations into the equation that skew too far into a FATE Lite direction. I say that as someone who likes FATE.

>> No.7343870

>>7342103
>I'm actually thinking Oopsie is an Ensorcelled, if only as an explanation as how she's able to pierce through the fetches' masks. She might've made a deal with a changeling and resulted in her and her studies being a target for the Gentry.
I still maintain that a Lost offloaded their own Fetch on her.
It's the current year. Maybe through the Darknet.

>> No.7347054

>>7343400
GtS is a lot of fun, certainly could use Disco Elysium for a basis of it too. Lots of political stuff in both too, although of different sorts. I think you're asking a different question to what you're actually asking. So I'll answer both for you. To clear up some terminology though. There are Giests, which are poweful ghosts whose human identities are largely lost to the power of the Underworld. Then there are the Bound, these are people who die and make the Bargain with a Giest, which ties to two together, in order to come back to life. Then you have Sin-Eaters, these are a subset of the Bound who protect the dead from the Underworld, Reapers, and others that would do them harm.

So what I think you're asking is can a Werewolf become a Bound, not if they can die, leave a ghost, and then that ghost become a Geist. No, a Werewolf or other major template can't become a Bound/Sin-Eater. So a Sin-Eater can't become a Vampire, or a Mage, and Mage can't become a Werewolf, etc. etc. As for can the ghost of a Werewolf become a Geist that can then make a Bargain with a dead mortal to being a Bound? That's 100% a thing that can happen. Ghosts aren't actually the people they're ghosts of. If I died and then there was a ghost of me, I didn't become a ghost, my death made a ghost. They're copies, of varying accuracy, of the person. You don't even have to die to make a ghost, significant trauma can spawn one too which is very interesting. What that means is a Werewolf could make a ghost when they undergo the First Change, that ghost could become a Geist and then make a Bargain with someone. That Bound could then end up meeting the Werewolf who made their Giest. You can also end up with ghosts of buildings too, rarely, which means you could probably have a Giest that is a building. Although I'm not actually sure how that'd work.

>> No.7347278

>>7309858
I've been wanting to play a TTRPG for a long time, so yeah.
but I don't have friends and don't want to meet strangers, so I'll stick to watching

>> No.7348272

>>7347054
Sounds way diferent than all the other White Wolf games, Also pretty fun. Thanks anon.
One last question, how high are the sin-eater on power levels?

>> No.7351134

>>7348272
Pretty much every CofD game feels unique when you dig into the specifics. The only one that doesn't is VtR compared to VtM, because they're still both ostensibly about politics. Even then though VtR is much more about the interplay of different factions and alliances than inter-factional conflicts. Even if VtR is pretty heavy on that if you want that sort of thing too. Striges vs Sabbat is also very different. HtR vs HtV has a similar thing going on there I guess. But that's all neither here nor there.

There power level depends a bit on edition, and who you ask. First edition had them be fairly powerful, mostly due to some fucky balancing, but 2e nerfed them a fair bit but they're still very strong. They're around as powerful as a Werewolf or Changeling is. Their abilities are a little more rapid fire than either though, and outside of a Werewolf in its war form they're much harder to put down. They've got the best innate healing abilities outside of Mummies, have a nasty habit of not staying dead, their Geist can pop out and act on its own with all the same magical powers the Sin-Eater has and more, and they get pretty easy access to aggravated damage, some powerful mind control, and just a lot of utility powers all around. They're not quite as flexible as Werewolves or Changelings are, which both have a very broad range of abilities, and they've got a few more things to worry about when it comes to using their powers too.

>> No.7352015

>>7348272
Sin-Eaters are arguably the most powerful splat on account of having vastly fewer restrictions and compulsions.
Note that I'm not talking about "Who would win in X" because that's retarded and gay but in terms of "What can X accomplish when they set their mind to it?"

Sure there's Mages but Mages get cucked at every corner by reality itself and still have to preptime shit if they don't wanna be noscoped.
Sin-Eaters on the other hand get a contract and can then (mostly) act with impunity.
This is only partially by design, mind you.
There'S something of a mismatch between the idea of the game and the utterly idiotic levels you can push things to.

>> No.7352472

>>7352015
They're not any more free than anything else in their rough grouping, and they're certainly not stronger than Mages, Mummies, or Demons.

>> No.7352696

>>7347278
You won't get friends without meeting strangers first, anon

>> No.7354739

>>7348272
If you want to see their powers, this is a good link for that.
http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Keys_and_Haunts_(2nd_Edition)

>> No.7356074

>>7354739
I'll explain something about that, because it's a little deceptive. All splats have unique power structures, but it kinda makes it look like Disciplines. Which is to say it looks like a list of discrete powers at each dot, but that's not how Haunts function. Instead the actual effect of the Haunt is just on the first dot of them. Every subsequent dot opens up an optional way to improve the main function by spending more resources. So for something like The Shroud, you can't just activate Vision of Mist to fly you need to activate Don the Shroud and Vision of Mist alongside it.

You should check out 1e's stuff. Its a glorious mess.

>> No.7357290
File: 1.48 MB, 1494x1024, shopping cart vehicle.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7361018 [SPOILER] 
File: 84 KB, 800x600, 1627794671637.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7364918

>>7343774
>It introduces a number of uuncertainties and metagamey considerations
You're going to have to expand further than that for me. I kind of don't get it.

>> No.7370207

>>7291754
>yuul=tiara
your post is bait.

>> No.7371062

What are the character's ages?
I think we only know Scout's.
Scout = Old enough to be shot at, too young to drink in America
Yuul = 24-ish
Watoto = Watoto
Tiara = ???????????????????

>> No.7371870

>>7371062
Scout is 18-20

>> No.7372183

>>7371870
>Scout is 18-20
Yes that's what I said.

>> No.7372305

>>7372183
Yeah I'm just clarifying for anons who might not know the ages in the US

>> No.7375566

>>7371062
yeah,
Scout is 18, but might as well be 15 and chippy.
Yuul was 26
Watoto has Watoto age, but was living with parents, so 16-36, i guess.
Tiara hasn't written down an age, but i'd guess 20-25 as a range.

>> No.7375629

>>7375566
>Tiara hasn't written down an age, but i'd guess 20-25 as a range
for some reason I have an image of her being older, maybe because of that "ara" thing

>> No.7376346

>>7267086
>. I know this general shits its pants on Arcadum but he could have done a few sessions for them and they'll have gotten hooked.
If Arcadum ran the sessions they'd never want to play again.

>> No.7376430

>>7376346
Imagining Gurame putting up with that garbage is hilarious, I would like to see how they would deal with it. No hate against the girls, I just find the scenario funny.

>> No.7377882

>>7348272
>One last question, how high are the sin-eater on power levels?
Very high. Geist was when White Wolf gave up on game balance. That's not my opinion by the way, in 2009 the writers came out and said that trying to keep things balanced was hard and restricting.

Geist, Demon, Beast and Mummy are much higher in power level than Vampire, Werewolf, Promethean and Changeling. Mage's can be ridiculously strong though.

To give a solid example, Prometheans were designed to be the toughest splat (their whole theme is endurance after all). They have the power to come back to life once and doing so resets their main stat down to 1 (so you could lose up to 9 points of it) . In contrast, Geists can come back to life five times, it costs them a point of their morality equivalent. That's if you can kill them at all, because they can effectively ignore damage.

>> No.7378303

>>7327706
You're thinking of Awakening, Ascension is nowhere near that streamlined. In fact, Awakening and Ascension all have weird little fucking rules about interacting with antagonist splats that you won't know unless you find a forum post somewhere or pick up an unconventional splatbook.

>> No.7378538

>>7377882
Geist is a lot more fun than Mummy strangely enough. My only criticism with Geist is that a lot of the Dominions feel like ass.

>> No.7378626

>>7378538
Oh and ghosts as antagonists/allies have shitty powers, which makes troupe play hell.

>> No.7378708

>>7378538
I'm really trying but I just can't seem to figure out what the Thing of Mummy is supposed to be.
Like you're a person that's been awakened and you do a task and then you die again.

>> No.7378987
File: 3.36 MB, 1177x1527, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7378538
Have you played MtC2e?

>>7378708
It's about biblically powerful time travelling amnesiac paladins, with a cult at their back, on a quest from a strange god.

>> No.7379322

>>7377882
Prometheans have never been the toughest splat, they're just the most enduring splat. They get very little in the way of mitigation for anything, they just ignore wound penalties and exhaustion. Coming back from the dead once is their only impressive trick, and it's balanced out by their total lack of innate healing. Vampires have them handily beat in toughness because they've got access to a really solid reflexive heal, which Promethean's only get though a Transmutation they're not guaranteed to have access too, and they also have universal access to Resilience. Prometheans aren't tough, they're persistent.

>> No.7380343

>>7309858
started my own campaign because of it so

>> No.7382387

>>7378987
Yes, I've only played MtC2e. It doesn't feel all that fun compared Geist and leans waaaay too heavily into its designated themes. I prefer Geist because it actually generates stories.

Would loooove if Mori included a Geist in the game.

>> No.7382718

>>7382387
I think it's more of a case of you not liking its themes. Geist is way heavier on them. Memory is certainly prominent, but I wouldn't say it's nearly as much as hope and joy, self vs service, and empathy is in Geist. I kinda don't get what you mean by that other bit though. Especially given that Mummy gives you all of time to play with, a myriad of Judges, and a broader set of antagonists. It's obviously cool if it's not your game, but I don't really think your complaints are exactly true.

>> No.7386528

When is the next session?

>> No.7386799

>>7386528
This upcoming Tuesday

>> No.7392083

>>7379322
>total lack of innate healing
They had the best healing in the game if they have a fork and a mains outlet, but I see your point.

>> No.7394049

>>7392083
I'm not even sure that's true, I guess at the time it was. 1 agg and 1 bashing a turn isn't all that crazy, although it is free.

>> No.7397120
File: 398 KB, 480x1461, Loli Gura is canon.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.7397264

>>7397120
Is this the thing people thought could kill the Hook?

>> No.7399894

That'd be a fun side-project, adapting the holomem to WoD's supernatural creatures/characters. Like Suisei being a Charmer slasher, or Haato as a Shulpae hunter eating monsters.

>> No.7405258

>>7397264
No, it's a Gura joke meme thing

>> No.7405645

>>7399894
Saw some autist on the subreddit give a bunch of holos D&D monster stats months ago. You can probably out-autism that, right?

>> No.7408544

>>7399894
That'd be a nice idea. WoD's splats are honestly more interesting than the basic monster stat blocks since there's always more to them than meets the eye.

>> No.7412111

>>7397120
Do enemies always have different Virtue and Vice than what PC can chose?

>> No.7413810

>>7376346
Why does /vt/ hate him so much? From what small stuff I've checked out, sure he seems to be a more shounen type storyteller, but for groups that don't have even a lick of TRPG experience, isn't he a decent introduction to it?

>> No.7414952

>>7333716
>If she was playing DSA her character would be more well-rounded because it trains you through bullying and beatings to pick up as many different skills as you can.
She was playing a pre-gen'd character with her family a long time ago.
It's genuinely more likely that it was DSA than DnD

>> No.7415069

>>7376430
Gura is the type to just not show up anymore.
Though I'm pretty sure Kiara would tear him a new asshole onstream

>> No.7415397 [DELETED] 
File: 444 KB, 474x773, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OH NO NENE IS BEING EATEN BY AN ENDERMAN

>> No.7416512

>>7405645
Most of the WoD's player character stat blocks are easy to build.
>>7408544
I'd need to brush up on Changeling stuff though, specially since there's a lot of animal-eared girls there who could fit the bill.

>> No.7416559

>>7412111
i have noticed the designers have their liberties, yes.

>> No.7416627
File: 390 KB, 3032x1760, 37c3db091673b03e9409606d45b2cf28.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Reminder that Session 2 is tomorrow at 5PM EDT / 9PM GMT
How do you think the squad will get out of the hedge if they haven't already?

>> No.7416632

>>7412111
>>7416559
In Chronicles, Virtue and Vice are no longer tied to the seven virtues/sins, specially to creatures whose worldview aren't human.

>> No.7416862

>>7405645
I think I'll go stat them as vampires

>> No.7417332

>>7416627
100% Ina will find a way.

>> No.7419025

>>7417332
so, Ina is life?

>> No.7420537

>>7394049
Vampires needed to spend 5 vitae and two days to heal 1 aggravated. Werewolf regeneration didn't apply to aggravated at all.

Mages healing was better but you needed Life 3, and healing aggravated was always vulgar.

>> No.7420746

>>7420537
Yes. That is what I said.

>> No.7424747

>>7412111
>>7416559
Other Anon sort of explained it, but this is a bump so I'm going into detail. CofD doesn't tie Virtue/Vice into Christian morality. Because it's both needlessly restrictive, and doesn't make any sense. Actual people, which are what characters emulate, aren't so cut and dry like that. Nobody really maps to one of 7 good and bad things. The game also just has very little to do with Christian myth so treating that as the default or objective morality really doesn't track at all. It's just one of those weird holdovers from oWoD.

Instead a Virtue is simply the trait that epitomises you at your best, it's the stuff you do that leaves you satisfied with who you are. Competitive, Generous, Just, and Loyal are some examples of Virtues. Your Vice is the thing you turn to to avoid dealing with all the terrible shit in the world, it's a short-term comfort against a long-term problem. Ambitious, Arrogant, Competitive, Greedy. As you may have noticed Competitive appears in both lists. That's because while one person might be at their best in the thrill of an honest contest of skill, another might just really want to make someone else lose. Lots more freedom to make interesting characters, and it also opens up options for Horrors too. So, Pretty, Pretty Princess has a Virtue that wouldn't really be right for a human character but does work for their role. Humans and Horrors both benefit from the new system in that they can tailor the play experience more than the old system could too, because these traits have gameplay impact the choice of Virtue/Vice does let you shape the sort of stuff you'll be doing in game.

>> No.7424820
File: 103 KB, 1280x720, 015f425673a1e7428613597cd48762406bdf4b5d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7413810
Here's how Calli runs her campaign (or so she says she will try):
>Homebrew, mixing and matching from editions
>Somewhat loose with the rules to accommodate her newbie genmates
>Open to custom-made merits / flaws; Gura asked if that was acceptable and Calli assented, so long as they weren't a blatant attempt at metagaming
>Willing to show danger to the players, but not to screw them over unfairly
>Willing to hand out deaths if deserved
She knows her group, her audience, and her own capabilities as GM. Most vtuber fans aren't WoD experts themselves, so this works perfectly. She is vtubing's "primus inter pares", and I wouldn't be surprised if she was allowed to cameo over with the Vshoujos or the Nijiniggers to host their games, should she find the time.

Arcadumb isn't able to feel the pulse of his group. He's what you would call an auteur GM; he does it for himself, everyone and everything else be damned. He's railroady because he's less interested in giving his groups an adventure than he is in telling his grand stupid legendary tale. Dumbfuck should just write a book if that's what he wants to do.

I could easily see Amelia exploding on him within three sessions and calling him a fat fucking loser in front of 30K viewers.

>> No.7424875

>>7424820
Woops, meant to add Calli is vtubing's primus inter pares as a GM, not the whole community.

>> No.7426210

>>7424820
I don't think the girls would revolt after one stream, they just wouldn't be back. A huge part of their engagement is collabing with their friend/genmates, just like how most people who have played TTRPGs have suffered campaigns with friends who maybe weren't great players/GMs but were still fun to hang out with. Though it would be fun to see Mori as a player, it's hard to see who could GM for her in any realistic scenario.

>> No.7426265

>>7424820
I would welcome wholeheartedly Mori dropping her random indie games for more of her as a ST/GM, even if it were with non Holo groups. Music/rap/TTRPG is a weird niche but it plays to her strengths

>> No.7426327

>>7426265
I'd be fully on board with Calli just doing music and TTRPGs.

>> No.7426385

>>7424875
There's several indies out there that GM just as good, if not better, TTRPGs. They just don't have the benefit of corporate backing and/or large fanbases. Hence, indies.
>>7426210
You all need to stop putting Mori on a pedestal thinking "no one can match their brilliance" or some such. That how you get the Mercer Effect and nobody wants that. She's just a VTubing GM. Anyone could GM for her if they knew their stuff and knew how to entertain (i.e. not be That GM)

>> No.7427723
File: 774 KB, 2190x2834, Cartbreakers2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7426265
>>7426327
Calli has vidyas that she likes, but Cover can't get permissions for them. I do support the idea of her being less pressured to stream games, barring the occasional collab here and there. Shoot, I'd kill for a few worldbuilding streams where she's working on her setting and just chatting with her viewers. It wouldn't be much different from Ina's drawing streams. She's really reignited interest in the setting, and these threads are plagued with questions everyone wants to ask her.

I know you're in here, Calli. Worldbuilding / construction streams. Right now.

>>7426385
>You all need to stop putting Mori on a pedestal thinking "no one can match their brilliance" or some such
Her GM'ing gets its fair and rightfully deserved criticism, but it's been buried by her first attempt. She came out swinging and blew away everyone's expectations. As the sessions progress her shortfalls will become more pronounced, but so far she's done an amazing job, considering her TT rezoomay.

If I had to offer my foremost critique, she tends to fumble around with the backdrop stuff a bit (music / strobe lights, etc). Ideally she'd go the T90 route and get some henchmen to manage all that while she performs.

>> No.7429105

>>7427723
>She came out swinging and blew away everyone's expectations
She's a good GM, but she's not incredibly and I think it's kind of sad everyone thinks all the people involved are braiddead. Why does anybody watch these people when you all seemingly think they're retarded?

>> No.7429520

>>7429105
Fuck off Meritfag. Nobody is calling them retarded but you.

>> No.7429648

>>7429520
Saying shit like "blew away everyone's expectations" is just fucking insulting. Your expectations have been blown past by Calli being a pretty good GM. You lot talk like you're impressed she can tie her own shoes. I expected here to be a pretty good GM because she's not a moron and has played games before, and she is a pretty good GM.

>> No.7429760

>>7426385
I don't mean she's super amazing. I mean literally I can't think of a scenario where either someone from Holopro or an outsider is her GM since she will want to play with HoloEN, JP/ID don't have the language skills/GM experience, and Gen 1 isn't going to collab with a random indie GM for 3-4 hours x 10 sessions. Unless one of the girls gets super into TTRPGs and eventually wants to try her hand at running a campaign, but they are extremely busy as it is and organizing large collabs with the top vtubers on the planet is hard. They can only really do it due to Gen Unity and friendship.

>> No.7429906

>>7429760
>Gen 1 isn't going to collab with a random indie GM for 3-4 hours x 10 sessions
All it takes is people hyping an indie up until it gets their attention. That's how Arcadum's cult works in getting new, unsuspecting streamers to join his shitshows. And if it works for the fat piece of shit, it can certainly be made to work in a far more benevolent fashion to let Calli actually play again.

>> No.7430038

>>7429906
No way. A full gen collab for 3-4 hours with someone outside Hololive would be tough. (Has that ever happened with EN btw?) Committing to 40+ hours of collab streams with a random indie, using up half of their group collabs for months? Why would they ever agree to that? Because collab beggars are trying to pump Arcanum?

>> No.7430192

>>7430038
>using up half of their group collabs
I wasn't aware they were limited. Either I've missed a very crucial detail all this time or there's not actually a limit. In any event, going indie (not the fat faggot) is likely the only shot Calli has at being a player rather than a GM. If she wants it bad enough then she'll make it happen.

>> No.7430292

>>7430038
Exactly, anons forget that holos (and niji for that matter) are on a clock. Vshojo can afford to collab with Arcadum because they're all independent and around a manageable timezone where they don't have to stream on a tight calendar (like how holomyth's Session 1 had to account Ame's own stream on the same day).

At best, if Niji calls someone outside to run that D&D thing, it's gonna be an one shot and that's it.

>> No.7430314

>>7430192
Mori explicitly said the session were biweekly so as to not monopolize group collabs. I wish they were weekly but understandable.

>> No.7430385

>>7430192
>I wasn't aware they were limited.
The girls are extremely busy

>> No.7432029

>>7427723
I know Calli likes those RPGMaker horror games, is a shame I am a pussy so I can't really watch horror. What more does she like? I am kinda new to the world of vtubers.

>> No.7432368

>>7416627
I'm getting some Osamu Tezuka vibes from that rendition of Kira in phoenix form.

>> No.7432794

>>7427723
>Shoot, I'd kill for a few worldbuilding streams where she's working on her setting and just chatting with her viewers.
For obvious reasons she can't really do that in a public stream.

>> No.7433955

>>7343774
>Beats
I like Beats as a reward for making bad choices, personally. Currently my Princess game has had every player eat a dramatic failure resulting in a comedy of fuck-ups for a Beat.

>> No.7434148

>>7429906
>That's how Arcadum's cult works in getting new, unsuspecting streamers to join his shitshows
If there was a hint of a risk that they would fall into that kind of trap, I would personally send every EN girl a warning packaged in $500 supa.

>>7432029
Bloodborne that I know of, but I can't think of any others. She gravitates towards games that grab her interest, not any particular genre or system. There's a reason "Ya boi isn't too good at games" is a well known quote by her.

>> No.7434157

>>7433955
I'm a big fan of how they manage to take the feel bad out of some stuff. It's nice to have something awful happen and go "ooh, XP" instead of just groaning. Awful stuff happening to your PC shouldn't really ever be awful for the player, because the bad stuff is usually where the fun drama ends up being.

>> No.7434287
File: 1.19 MB, 3000x4000, 1622130315185.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7432029
She's a big fan of the Souls series and famously had a shitpost begging stream where she spent an hour repeating "ATLUS VIDEO GAME COMPANY PLEASE LET ME PLAY PERSONA 3" while a distorted version of the game's theme music played in the background. She's also a big Castlevania and Metal Gear fan. She recently talked about she's been trying to get perms to do Revengeance since before she debuted and still asks now and then to no avail.

>> No.7434515

>>7413810
I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I disliked him after checking out the Nyanners attempt. He drops a lethal encounter on a bunch of first timers, after four sessions of RP, kill one of their characters, and then has them sit out the rest of the 3 hour session. That's how you gut someone's interest in a game.

I already know some /tg/ anons would go "WELL THAT'S HOW THE DICE ROLLED" and they're right. That is how the dice rolled. But if you want to keep first timers engaged you don't straight up kill them in their second fight ever.

>> No.7434846
File: 310 KB, 2252x1468, Yuul&Chad2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7434157
I can't remember where it is in the first session (gonna rewatch it tomorrow), but Ina rolled a bunch of 1's and Calli offered her a chance to turn the action into a dramatic failure for a beat, but she declined. Probably still jittery after that date with Hook. On that note, what the fuck it Ina's problem? She either rolls high or shits the dice, no inbetweens.

>>7434515
The more I hear about this guy, the more I'm convinced he's what happens when some greasy That Guy gets into a position of popularity. I'm sure the vtuber community could do loads better plucking some smalltime indie with an average 40 views per stream. They'd be so stoked at the opportunity, they would try their best to make it a fun, memorable campaign.

>> No.7435067

>>7434846
>I'm sure the vtuber community could do loads better plucking some smalltime indie with an average 40 views per stream. They'd be so stoked at the opportunity, they would try their best to make it a fun, memorable campaign.
Smalltime indie GM here. Can confirm I'd put in 300% making it as fun as possible even if I only had 2views.

>> No.7435086

>>7424820
>and her own capabilities as GM
I feel like she is still surprised people like the content at all, but maybe that's just concernfagging.

>> No.7435162

>>7434846
>I'm sure the vtuber community could do loads better plucking some smalltime indie with an average 40 views per stream.
They should go for AJ Picket or The Gentleman Gamer. Both have a very wide range of games they enjoy, love flexibility in storytelling and have a very high powerlevel when it comes to fiction, non-fiction and RPGs.

>> No.7435320

>>7434515
Am /tg/ anon, never seen anything by Arcadum so I'm not one of those rabid fuckheads that can't help but sperg out about how bad they hate him. So, assuming the session played how you said, because fuck if I'm gonna check, that is some of the worst GMing I've heard of on a show like that. It's not even got anything to do with them being first timers outside of the difficulty of the encounter. 4 sessions of just RP is a big red flag. It can be fine if that's what your group is into, but most groups aren't and so it speaks to an inability to both structure sessions and pace encounter types. Next up, killing a first timer in what I'm assuming was the first major combat is just bad form. Games like D&D give you plenty of outs for that sort of thing, you've got fortune systems, death saves, healing out the ass, and more ways to almost guarantee someone doesn't die regardless of the dice. On the note of the dice, it doesn't fucking matter how the dice roll. A GM's dice rolls are only as valid as the GM opts them to be, if a roll is going to make a session way less fun then you fudge it. And obviously the major problem is killing a PC and having that player sit the session out. You always ALWAYS make sure there is a backup for this, either have a pregened sheet ready to go, have players make back up sheets, or just give them an NPC to play as for a bit. Any GM worth anything can make a character appear in any scene they need to be. There is no excuse to make a player unable to play for that amount of time.

>>7434846
But that's also part of the magic of Beats, a solid third of the things you get them for are opt-in or based on an OOC choice you made. So a Dramatic Failure is typically really bad but they only occur when you choice for them to, in which case you get a beat, or you're way in over your head. It's a wonderful little carrot always dangling over the game. Except in this case to get the carrot you have to get the stick as well. You get to decide if the stick is worth it, and if it is you tend to make something fun happen either way. The Beat is there to make the fun thing actually fun, instead of having the fun no be realised because of the shitty thing that happened.

As for the other bit. That is the account in these threads I've believed so far. The rest have been one maybe two anons seething HARD. Which basically makes them all seem incredibly untrustworthy.

>> No.7435326

>>7435086
Let’s be fair: running a Hunter:the Vigil campaign with anime girl newbs was a gamble and it could’ve gone very, very badly. Having fun with friends isn’t a high bar but they are essentially performing for an audience of tens of thousands. I know I was pleasantly surprised.

>>7435067
A smal indie gm collabing with all of HoloEN gen 1 for like 30-40 hours would basically be like finding a moderate sized lottery ticket. Part of the reason it’s unlikely to happen.

>> No.7435358

>>7435162
>The Gentleman Gamer
You probably should mention that dude if the kind of forever angry anons bitching about Arcadum are here from WoD gen.

>> No.7435383

>>7435326
No need for all of Gen 1, but your point stands even with just a couple of them or even just Calli herself

>> No.7435400

>>7435358
>You probably should
You probably shouldn't**

>> No.7435547

>>7435320
Mori has already planted enough escape hatches that it should be pretty hard for anyone to straight up die. Especially since going cross splat in WoD requires some finagling anyway Vic, Jchad, hell Dr Oopsie riding a Promethean, the brohood, or any one of the supernatural powerhouses in Mythton could show up before someone actually bleeds out. Watoto could also pull straight Wyrm fuckery out of his ass if need be he basically has twice already. After four tutorials and session one the world feels inhabited enough that it would feel like a Chekhov’s gun instead of cheating. Which is to her credit

>> No.7435775
File: 2.45 MB, 1091x1531, Tiara Tutorial Extra.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7435086
I'm certain she didn't expect it to take off like this. The immense reception, truckloads of fan art, and a dedicated general here and on LE LEDDIT must've been both a shock and a huge morale boost.

>>7435067
>>7435162
TTRPG is a niche community, so there's a very real chance for the little guys to ascend. GM'ing for the holos is an overreach due to their fame and Cover's protectionism, but regular sessions among other indie vtubers is certainly up for grabs, should the opportunity arise. I'd love to see tabletop revived as a spectator event; big enough to pump life into the hobby, but vtubers are fortunately niche enough to keep out the worst of the normie scum.

>> No.7436165

>>7435547
>Watoto could also pull straight Wyrm fuckery out of his ass if need be he basically has twice already.
One would be, presumably, him setting the Hedge on fire when that's not supposed to work. What's the other?

>> No.7436199

>>7435775
>TTRPG is a niche community, so there's a very real chance for the little guys to ascend.
It's still a very slow burn all things considered if you don't have players that aren't well-known or connected on social media. Or if you don't whore yourself out or run buff systems. I've been at this for 3+ years now, and I only got above 1k subs on YouTube several months ago. I still don't have 1k on Twitch. But the key reason is I'm running niche TTRPGs with mixed casts of VTubers and IRL folks alike. "Normies" are rather receptive to such a combination, though you do get the odd person that whines about "them darn cartoons on the screen"

>> No.7436986

>>7436165
I’d say him using a magic mushroom to stealth in plain sight and avoid some Pentex goons could be interpreted as either insane luck, actual magic mushrooms, or the Wyrm helping him out. But it’s not as clear as the hedge, granted

>> No.7437012

>>7436986
I don't get why people think the Hedge had anything to do with the Wyrm.

>> No.7437451

>>7437012
I simply assumed it was a lightning in a bottle feat of will. He rolled high, so his gasoline fire breath attempt was performed so well and so proficiently he managed to torch everything. Isn't that what happens in tabletop, descriptions of events being tied to the success of the roll?

>> No.7438027

>>7437451
It was an Exceptional Success on trying to torch the Hedge, the Hedge acting weird is part of it's whole thing. It's not just plants chilling out, the whole realm is reactive and at least semi-intelligent. Interacting with the Hedge isn't just about you doing something to it but also how it *chooses* to shape itself in response. The Hedge retracting its Thorns in response to an Exceptional Success is just standard Hedge stuff really, its a weird place. It's not exactly how it works in a strict RAW sense, but it's good enough for a Hunter chronicle where you don't care about Changeling rules. And, yes, the descriptions of an action should be reflective of the amount of successes, although mechanically it doesn't change anything unless you get 5 successes. Which they did do.

>> No.7439468

>>7434148
>>7434287
damn she has good taste, hope she manage to get that permit for MGR.

>> No.7440255

>>7436199
It's okay, anon, I'll look you up on twitch and drop a follow.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action