[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 217 KB, 910x497, 65598784.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
62905892 No.62905892 [Reply] [Original]

What went wrong to Anycolor's overseas business?

>> No.62906132

>>62905892
They brought it upon themselves.
They chose China, they chose to stream on China prime time killing the western audience.
Then they chose to release 10 trillion livers despite their audience was shrinking.

>> No.62906505

>>62905892
>What went wrong to Anycolor's overseas business?

Nothing went wrong. They are just getting the numbers you would expect them to get now. There was no golden age of NijiEN where the content was actually good, it's always been a group of average variety streamers. No Pomu is not the "MGS" streamer because she was about 6 months late copying the MGS variety streamer fad and her fanbase evidentially forgot it happened and think the resurgence in MGS interest (which started before she even played it for the first time) was all due to her.

The reason their numbers were high for a few months was because Anycolor was one of the few non-Chinese streamer groups that could work basically unrestricted in China for a few months, so Chinese people watched them while they waited for bans to be lifted in China on more interesting non-Chinese streamers.

What do you expect? Outside a handful of streamers Anycolor picked up very early on who pretty much just succeeded in spite of Anycolor rather than because of it, almost every Anycolor streamer does garbage numbers. The only reason Anycolor makes money is because their contracts basically are: "You make money, we take a cut. You lose money, well, sucks to be you."

>> No.62906590

>>62905892
Their EN management too greedy and stupid, therefore killed all momentum and motivation from livers

>> No.62906664

>>62905892
Pretty sure anybody else would get more views with a korone mocap off collab

>> No.62906734

>>62905892
Because most of their fans who started watching them back in 2022 got bored of vtubers, going back to kpop/tik tok/etc.

>> No.62906901

>>62905892
they chose the screeching twitter trannies

>> No.62906921

>>62905892
those top 2 have jp ccv buff obviously but niji en has no connections to jp. like this poster say >>62906132 they probably chose china as a globohomo marketing instead of japan and failed. its actually pretty hard to get jp and en together because of the language barrier, also theres no "localisation" unlike other media, but holo has managed to try and achieve it. its actually a bit innovative and advanced to do it without any localisations.

>> No.62906931

It's almost like they destroyed their community by allowing cliques to form, cliques that hate and mock said community.
Same shit happened in KR and it killed the branch and most of the bigger ones fucked off because of it. (and I am glad she did, Bora is much happier in VSPO)
Now the same thing is happening in EN.

ID I'm still not even sure why is collapsing.
But it sure seems there is something that went on behind the scenes because many of them are interacting outside of the company in some form.
So either the previous management being nuked caused a lot of stress for everyone, or some clique existed there too and they no longer have a "strong arm" against the parent company managers so they are dropping out (heavy rrat though, so take that with several hundred grains of salt)

Anycolor simply don't give a shit about non-JP branches. And the community noticed.
Sucks, but it is what it is.
I've washed my hands of them and I hope the talents find better employment elsewhere where they are actually appreciated.

>> No.62907068

>>62905892
>all those buff streams around the homo debuts
Kek

>> No.62907468

>>62905892
Let their talents not just be unlikable but outright self sabotage openly and keep pretending it wasn't clearly happening.

The key moment IMO was the Vox meltdown, it was a crystallized gem of everything off about NijiEN - Vox was doing a literal BFE RP date stream for his fans. Ok sure, nothing wrong with that. Reimu wants to go ask him some random stupid thing she could have looked up in a minute. IIRC it is mentioned he is doing a date stream, she does not care and goes and does it, raising a giant red flag. Vox in the middle of his stream directly tells his viewers to hold tight while he stops to talk to Reimu, a reciprocal red flag that chat doesn't like yet he pretends it's no big deal. Shortly after the backlash for such a faux pas he doesn't say sorry but makes a stream to go on a tirade berating his viewers for being parasocial to him telling them to take their meds and touch grass. This coming from a guy knee deep in parasocial pandering is quite something.

Basically nijiENs seem to literally think they can do no wrong, they definitely have a fucking ego to them and have 0.0000% respect for their viewers in the slightest over anything. The viewers can straight up be fucking right about something (like Kyo the other week) and the liver would probably go out of their way to avoid admitting it. If you are an entertainer hoping to keep viewers it's not a good idea to constantly telegraph that the viewers' participation, thoughts, desires for content, anything really does not matter and all everyone is here to see is nijiEN be a snotty discord circlejerk clique. Why are they even on the air then if the audiences' presence and thoughts mean nothing. They don't respect not just what being a vtuber is but what being a media personality is. I would say management is at fault for letting it all get this bad too these people do have their own free will and should, -should- have had the fucking common decency to understand what is reasonable for their roles, but fucking don't, and if they try then it gets ironed out of them from peer pressure. Sad all around.

>> No.62907504

>>62906505
>No Pomu is not the "MGS" streamer because she was about 6 months late copying the MGS variety streamer fad and her fanbase evidentially forgot it happened and think the resurgence in MGS interest (which started before she even played it for the first time) was all due to her.
This isn't just Rent Free, this is entirely Free Real Estate.

>> No.62908102

>>62906132
And the dramas also didn't help either

>> No.62908113

>>62905892
For NijiEN, management chased after quick unstable profits over long-term growth and development.
As soon as they saw how much money LucNox was pulling in from chinks, fujos, kpopsisters, and twittersisters, they dumped the rest of the branch and focused solely on LucNox and chasing after those non-vtuber fanbases.
This obviously rubbed regular vtuber fans the wrong way, especially with how LuxNoc was able to get away with a lot of shit because of their big profit numbers. And thus regular vtuber fans stopped watching the branch.
And unsurprisingly, the chinks, fujos, kpopsisters, and twittersisters that took over the branch, have more and more stopped watching, because to them it was all just another seasonal fad.
So now you have a branch that no regular vtuber fans will pick up because of garbage management and mishandling of talents, and an ever-shrinking fanbase of chinks/fujos/etc who are moving on to their next seasonal fad.
And of course, the company is not doing anything to try and remediate the issue. Just look at the bullets management itself unloaded into the branch's head back at the beginning of the year: the Zaion termination bullshit, attacking vtuber news channels with DMCA takedowns, and infamous AR Live announcement & immediate cancellation - all coupled with management seemingly disappearing for 8 months after all that went down.
And while some talents are responsible for setting a bad image for some of the bullshit they pulled, it ultimately falls on management for not disciplining many of the talents because their minds are squarely focused on immediate money.

>> No.62908190

As a western guy:
>I don't think Nijisanji EN's content appeals to me, so I don't watch them.
>Hololive EN's content DOES appeal to me, so I watch them.

It's that simple.

>> No.62908832

>>62908190
Based taste

>> No.62908892

>>62905892
anycolor just plain sucks at explaining outside of japan, every single time they try the fail and NijiEN is just following the trend

>> No.62909016

>>62907468
>The viewers can straight up be fucking right about something (like Kyo the other week)
The viewers are not right in throwing a shitfit about a joke. Retards who think that way are much better sticking to twitter and reddit than crying on 4chan.

>> No.62909097

>>62905892
I dunno it's almost like they've been steadily destroying their own reputation for the majority of this year

>>62906505
>she was about 6 months late copying the MGS variety streamer fad
I do not recall an MGS fad

If you mean MGR, that game is an immortal meme that resurfaces in the zeitgeist regularly.

>> No.62909169

>>62907468
>Shortly after the backlash for such a faux pas he doesn't say sorry but makes a stream to go on a tirade berating his viewers for being parasocial to him telling them to take their meds and touch grass. This coming from a guy knee deep in parasocial pandering is quite something.
that is so not how it happened, and the fact that you think it is renders your entire analysis invalid. He initially tried to remain silent on it and push all the blame to Reimu, it took basically half his company publicly shitting on his fans for being death threat sending obsessesed retards for him to cave on that, and then he went crawling back to the same audience a week later.

If anything the problem with that isn't that he thinks he can do no wrong, but that it exposed how the top dogs of nijiEN just plain do not care about the other people in the company, and that leads to the kind of clique building within the fanbase that destroys any sort of fanbase unity within the branch, which leads to the situation so common in nijiEN where fans of one chuuba actively hate another

>> No.62909268

>>62905892
The genuine answer is that people just get tired of drama every other week.

>> No.62909387

>>62906931
ex-ID got zero support from Anycolor after they shut down NijiID. When the branch still existed, the 2view ID livers were able to make some cash from sponsorships and other deals. With that gone, they only had nonexistent donations, so it was no longer worth working for Niji.
Riku has been waiting for the leaves to fall off the dead branch.

>> No.62909735
File: 108 KB, 463x453, 1676398331906094.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>another shitty bait thread posted by a retarded ESL on 4chan
Should've gatekept the English language.

>> No.62909811

>>62909387
Man that sucks. The few I watched in ID were fun as fuck as well.
Sadly I expect the ones I still watch will likely drop out sooner or later.

>> No.62910067

>numbers numbers numbers

>> No.62912486

>>62910067
>WAAAAAAH DON'T TALK ABOUT NUMBERS WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>> No.62912702

>>62912486
This but unironically.

>> No.62912731

because no yugo or nina, they were collab/content geniuses

>> No.62915794

>>62912702
nijiseethe

>> No.62916137

>>62905892
They donated their livers to China.

>> No.62916942

>>62916137
kek

>> No.62917596

>>62907504
That anon isn't wrong though

>> No.62918842

>>62907504
NIJICOPE

>> No.62920825

>>62905892
While I agree with your point, someone has been botting the shit out of FWMC, Fauna and Mumei streams for weeks now. He goes extra hard on FWMC karaokes for some reason.

>> No.62920890

>>62920825
>Big numbers
>"Muh bot"
Cope

>> No.62920947

>>62920825
The only botted streams yesterday were the homos

>> No.62920963

>>62920825
Proof or fuck off.

>> No.62921086

>>62905892
Why are numberthreads allowed outside of /#/?
Why hasn't SEA been rangebanned yet?

>> No.62921139

They relied on pandering to the chinese. But more than that it's the constant DRAMA. HoloEN can be boring or the girls refuse to stream but none of them ever come on stream sucking a dude's dick callign their fans pedo incels. The only holos who approached this are kronii and mori and amelia and all of them have SHIT ccv now. Drama is fucking poison for viewership because people watch anime girls to unwind after a hard day of being a neet or wagie or student or retiree or wahtever. Even recently their views were inclining a little when they stopped yabbing for 5 seconds, but then Kyo decided to piss off twitter and Luca decided to rape all the new girls and suddenly niji's numbers are going down again.

As long as DRAMAWHORES are in the company they will always be on a downward trajectory because no one wants to watch weird flip guys in anime man masks starting shit on the internet for no reason.

>> No.62921318

>>62921086
this board would be dead if that ever happens

>> No.62921412
File: 588 KB, 1920x1080, 1700396669377709 (1).png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>62921086
Real Mindbroken nijisis LMAO

>> No.62923930

>>62909735
nijicope

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action