[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 611 KB, 2107x997, MythBreakers.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5592507 No.5592507 [Reply] [Original]

Previous thread
>>5536452

Character creation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPyOZkyIosc
Kiara's character intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hB5QuSYBKw
Ina's Character Intro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXwW-g6P3zI
Amelia's character intro
https://youtu.be/CLvdLn_S4uA

Gura's character drawing (member's only) on 6/28 8 PM EDT, 1 AM GMT
Gura's character intro on 6/29 5 PM EDT, 10 PM GMT

Gura has finalized her character and she is "bottom-heavy" and has "size 7 shoes"

>> No.5592547

Aw damnit I forgot the subject

>> No.5592561

>>5592547
Quick. Remake it before you can't delete it

>> No.5592588

>>5592561
It's too late

>> No.5592642

>>5592588
Ah well. Luckily the image has the title so it'll still show in searches.

>> No.5592733
File: 954 KB, 904x1179, Granny Stitch.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Reposting cos it was at the end of a dead thread.

>>5569694
I don't even think milquetoast makes sense even then. As you say WtA is "all the themes all the time" it's not exactly got much nuance in many of them because it's just doing all the things. Forsaken has a handful of themes it really explores from a lot of angles, which lends itself to stronger nuance. Harmony, Kuruth, Siskar-Dah, and a few other bits are all really strong mechanical backing for those themes too. CofD games on the whole are way stronger when it comes to making themes matter IMO, but you might have been talking about 1e.

I didn't say Pentex isn't easier to grok, I just don't think it's as fun or interesting. I don't really think something like an idigam is any harder to grasp than a bane is either, and something like a host has better physical presence and lends themselves to weird horror better IMO. There is plenty of gonzo in Forsaken too, pretty much every major antagonist they have easily ranges from exceptionally serious and dark to wacky and dumb. There is a magath* called Granny Stitch who believes herself to be beloved by all humans and responsible for their evolution and every subsequent breakthrough. She lures people to adventure and discovery but also tries to protect them from the fear of the unknown. She's also a hideously fat old women in a rocking chair clothed is the ears and wearing jewerly made out of the eyes of people she "saves" from their own curiosity. Because "saving" them involves keeping them from all the exploration that brought them that fear in the first place, and they can't explore if they're blind and deaf. Her realm is also really weird, it's a cozy cottage that is supernaturally safe. It's impossible to hurt yourself through accident, if you fall the ground cushions you, flames barely tickle, etc. So you're in a place of total safety with a hideous monster that wants to keep you there forever. She also lives in the woods, would have been great to set in outside Mython for Watoto.

*I can explain more about magaths if people want that info. They're pretty fun. Actually, happy to go into Granny Stiches abilities more if people want to know the sort of stuff she could have pulled out. As well as what her weaknesses are.

>> No.5592878

Why didn't Mori run Geist? She could even flavor it as a not-Persona 3 adventure

>> No.5592913

>>5592507
What the fuck is this thread about
Was it supposed to be a /x/ thread

>> No.5592940

>>5592913
The TTRPG

>> No.5593060

>>5592878
If I recall, she wanted Geist but I can assume she knows it's too much info for complete newbies to tabletop, so Hunter being the absolute simplest and straightforward splat in WoD is a better option.

>> No.5593090

>>5592878
would be cool if someone dies at the end of the first season session and Mori made them into a Bound

>> No.5593109

>>5592932
In CofD (nWoD 2e) that's the math. You were looking at nWoD1e where that is indeed the case. There started using 1e but switched over pretty quickly. They're still using 1e sheets though, so things are probably gonna stay kinda weird.

>> No.5593141

>>5593090
It would be cool, but it's a lot of extra work for both the player and the GM. Not to mention it's a massive boost in power.

>> No.5593154

>>5593109
Mori did say she'll be correcting the sheets over the Merit stuff and some stat specifics, so we'll see

>> No.5593192

>>5593141
if it's at the final session, you can just make them into a Bound, then start a Geist session on Season 2 where others roll up their own Sineaters and their surviving Hunter chars become recurring NPCs
maybe even let them roleplay as them during appearances

>> No.5593237

>>5593154
I must have missed her saying that. Good news though. Hopefully they'll update things like Aspiration, Touchstones, and the like too. I'd love to see Virtue and Vice get more action too. 2e really makes that stuff more engaging and interesting.

>>5593192
That's work, although I can image Calli telling them that a being approaches them with a bargain and they just nope out and die because of the wyrm stuff.

>> No.5593341

>>5593237
I don't think they'll go super deep into the corrections, but I seen a fairly exhaustive post on Reddit yeah, I know, 'go back' etc. that pointed out where Calli/the girls introduced accidental mixups between rules/merits from different editions, so she might be going off that
don't remember the link though, but seemed pretty informed, even linked to sourcebooks iirc

>> No.5593834

People are going to call me a newfag but i need to ask. What is "tiara" going for when she adds "ara" at the end of every sentence? I'm completely aware of the ara ara trope, so i guess what im confused about is how does only one ara modify the context , compared to the usual "ara ara".

>> No.5593957

>>5593834
it doesn't, it's just a speech tic
it's a fairly weeby thing to add, but Kiara makes it relatively nonintrusive

>> No.5594002

>>5593834
She wants to become pekora. Her obsession is still there

>> No.5594083

Four more days to Gura's episode. I hope the shrimps will leak something from character drawing stream.

>> No.5594111

>>5593341
It's funny because that exhaustive post was from a fa/tg/uy who posted it there for visibility

>> No.5594221

>>5594002
That makes so much sense now peko

>> No.5594261
File: 313 KB, 914x886, munch [sound=files.catbox.moe%2F8q7nxv.mp3].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5592507
So...how broken are characters that start with magical powers and shit?

>> No.5594361

>>5594221
A unique suffix at the end of your speech is Japanese thing there's no perfect English equivalent. But it's very common in anime and manga.

>> No.5594428

>>5594261
Assuming you mean staying as a Mortal, in a group of Mortals, and also avoiding free minor templates. Not broken at all, it takes Merit dots the same as anything else so you're not getting them for free. They often cost Willpower to use as well, which means less chances to add bonus dice on important rolls. You can get 5 dots in Telepathy off the bat if you like. Lesser templates complicate things.

>> No.5594444

>>5594261
Not super broken as you can get magical seeming skills with a shitload of points (Tiara's bird handling) which can kind of imitate the more impressive supernatural merits like Telekinesis

>> No.5594478

>>5593834
You know peckers verbal tic thing with like pain peko

Except now its pain ara

>> No.5594498

>>5594261
The thing about WoD is that the GM can always throw something at you that will stomp your ass flat regardless of how many dots you have in whatever. Like the Hook that was jacking up Yuul is so far beyond human it wouldn't matter if she had 5s in all her stats/firearms/athletics. She wasn't winning that fight. It's all about scaling things to the characters and keeping the conflicts fun and plausible. Other than that almost anything goes.

>> No.5594517

>>5593192
Hows the matchup with 4 sineaters vs a seriousmode vamp or something? Or nsybe even za Hook

>> No.5594852

Been keeping tabs on the viewer numbers because I'm a mentally ill faggot with too much time.
NO video on ANY of the involved channels has thus far fallen lower than 3rd place as far as viewers in that 5 week period go.

>> No.5595072

>>5594852
Is that good?

>> No.5595145

>>5594517
The Bound are stronger than Vampires are by default. A significantly powerful Kindred could wipe the floor with them depending on their exact set up, and how powerful the Sin-Eaters were in this scenario. Something like a Gangrel Elder with Bones of the Mountain (flesh to stone, very hard to kill) would be pretty unstoppable for a while but The Bound have the awful habit of not staying dead. Dying also unleashes their Geist, and you have to kill that or the Sin-Eater doesn't stay dead. A vampire could have a much harder time with the Geists, they get a few extra tricks but Kindred don't have much that lets them effect ephemeral beings innately. Ephemeral beings only take bashing damage from all sources, unless it's inflicted with their Bane (specific weakness) or it says it does more to ghosts. But they're harder to kill than just dealing damage, they'll reform later if they still have Essence (ghost juice) so the whole thing is kinda tough.

The Hook is a tanky motherfucker. Even though Sin-Eaters have a could couple of powers that would let them hurt it, they still have to do a lot of damage. He hits hard, and he rarely misses. Similar deal with the Geists though, hard to kill them. He'll still roll over a lot of them, you'd need a decently powerful group to take him on. Even then he's harder to kill than they are, so it wouldn't be great news either way.

>> No.5595566

>>5595072
>Is that good?
Extremely good. The only things that beat it are Zatsudans and super highly clipped shit like Ame's 3D stream.
Even the most penny-pinching people at Cover must be considering this a success.
So unless Calli loses interest this is going to become a consistent thing, because none of the girls have had any amount of negative impact from it. Quite in the contrary.
Mythbreakers is safe. Hell. I'd argue it's thriving.

>> No.5595785

>>5594111
trust me, I figured that much

>> No.5595813

>>5594261
not that much but I'd totally let Gura start with Castigation -> Mark of the Beast to have some devil trigger shit

>> No.5595862

>>5595566
Also the second most watched TTRPG stream after Critical Role so it's doing well in that sphere as well

>> No.5595883

>>5592878
>Why didn't Mori run Geist? She could even flavor it as a not-Persona 3 adventure
Because being a supernatural template is living hell to do with utter newbies.
Also as much as I love WoD the vast majority of splats have only tenuous reasons to be together.

>> No.5595918

>>5595566
the one good trait of Calli's autism is that she doesn't really fall out of love for anything that she got hooked on
she is a lock for a GM and she'll continue to put that amount of work, it's honestly down to the girls to get bored and that's less likely once they actually get to interact and plan with eachother

>> No.5595943

>>5595883
No more so than any group of mortals has.

>> No.5596027
File: 456 KB, 1920x1200, c3668648d3643bcd9acc3065350563d1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I was going through VtR character creation to kill time, and holy shit how can they even deal with a vampire with obfuscate? I was just trying to make a hacker Mekhet loli but holy crap Obfuscate 3 turns you into a WoW rogue on steroids.

Vic could easily murder all of them.

>> No.5596035

>>5595566
They haven’t even had a group session yet. People love collabs but so many boring games have dragged them down. Think back to random indie games or clubhouse or even lethal league etc. Evem if you don’t like TTRPGs it’s a collab where Mori is super excited and invested. There are no perms issues. Fanartists are making lots of good content which Mori can use for her sessions. If you told me 10k+ people would watch a stream of CoD based on fucking Changling I’d have thought you insane. How many people even know Changling exists?

My greatest worry is it all seems to high on Mori and her GM/ST skills. And she’s busy af. But anyone who includes the mark of the Wyrm in a tutorial session clearly has a deep love of it. I hope the fact it could be a major commercial success for Cover and Paradox becomes more apparent to her. She didn’t seem to think much of it during her after party

>> No.5596166

>>5596027
And keep in mind that vampire are considered the weakest of the supernatural creatures.

Humans need to preps a lot to kill anything.

>> No.5596176

>>5595918
Yeah, it's actually quite crazy that 1 on 1 tutorial games were so good already. Once all 4 are together it should be hilarious.

>> No.5596237

>>5596166
>And keep in mind that vampire are considered the weakest of the supernatural creatures.

Maybe in first edition since they came out first. It's not looking like that at all in 2e.

>> No.5596242

>>5596027
That's only vampires, anon. You should see how many machinegun shots a werewolf can take in war form.

>> No.5596259

>>5596027
Wait for the day.
Vampires are easy as fuck to deal with for informed humans

>> No.5596268

>>5596027
You *can* still track them although it's not exactly easy. They do only get the one surprise attack too. Either way it's very strong vs mortals, but this is why Hunters don't go up against things statted up using their own books often. Hunter really isn't balanced for that sort of thing, although they do get a fair few tricks to help out with this. A couple of Tactics and Endowments can make dealing with threats like that much easier.

>> No.5596332

>>5596237
Only because Deviant came out. VtR2e made them a lot stronger, and nerfed some broken stuff, but they're still not better than anything but Deviants

>> No.5596733

>>5592733
CofD's smaller assortment of themes are on-the-nose but the themes themselves are not always the most interesting to explore for every situation - constraining. It's why I call it milquetoast in comparison to Apocalypse. That's sort of the give and take of making a toolbox system that simultaneously has a purposefully narrowed scope compared to a more constructed system that's meant for wider stories. Personally I just bounced off Forsaken because it felt a little too much like Sim-City with claws and the majority of inspiration and enjoyment I got from the setting had to be majorly frontloaded in spite of the setting rather than because of it. I'm not a mind reader or a SEApsionic, but I'm suspecting that the reason Mori chose the Wyrm over the myriad of antagonists from Forsaken is because she finds the Wyrm and its implications more interesting for a Hunter group.

Fomori/Banes/Wyrm/Pentex on the surface are immediately interesting concepts that lean hard into body horror and the idea of a wider conspiracy that infests the world like a cancer. Pentex as a conglomerate corporation is morally fucked. The lowest and vulnerable rungs on the corporation are routinely over-worked, exposed to disgusting health hazards yet are strung along by the idea of corporate unity and belonging. The middle management and upper management are faceless heads of a hydra that mirror the dark and abused god they serve, thinking that by exploiting the system they can somehow karma houdini their way into sipping luxuries in a new age. Humans willing open their arms to chthonic powers because of a crapshit world where greed, ego and exploitation let you climb above anyone with a moral compass. The Wyrm isn't the sole reason the world is shit, it's everything. The Wyrm itself is the product of abuse from his sister God the Weaver. Banes share the vitriol of their god and spread across the universe to spread misery and blight if only to dull his infinite pain.Pentex is a fun villain that still leaves room for nuance without just becoming an elaborate and unengaging setting piece that requires a book report to convince you why it's worth looking into.

At the end of the day we're discussing what themes are going to work for a mortal Hunter game and so far I'm really glad Mori decided to use the Wyrm and I can't wait to see what she's got planned next.

>> No.5596815

What's the difference between cofd and world of darkness?

>> No.5596841

>>5596027
This anon (>>5596268) pointed out an important part, the Hunter line has its own dedicated books of enemies that players can fight in a relatively fairer ground, that are lowballed versions of the other splatbooks. They can still kick an unprepared Cell's ass with ease, mind you, but they won't absolutely demolish a party like an actual Forsaken's wolfbro or a Requiem's vamp.

>> No.5596851

>>5596815
So so much. Are you asking because you're just curious about it, or are you asking to decide which of the two to play?

>> No.5596934

>>5596733
>I'm not a mind reader or a SEApsionic, but I'm suspecting that the reason Mori chose the Wyrm over the myriad of antagonists from Forsaken is because she finds the Wyrm and its implications more interesting for a Hunter group.
NAh, it's cos she knows oWoD better. She was using oWoD dice rules to start with because she thought that's how WoD worked.

>> No.5596944

>>5596851
curious and I might want to play with some anons. I've only played vampire the masquerade bloodlines before and I tuned into Watoto's tutorial the other day. the wyrm sounded cool but is that something from another game?

>> No.5597055

>>5596944
If you're after a game to play it really really depends. Do you really love VtM:B and want to emulate that as close as possible? What are you looking for from a WoD game? What do you like in RPGs in general? What have you played before, and what do you like/dislike about them? Does rules jank bother you?

>> No.5597060

>>5596934
desu OWoD's dice rules are shit but the lore is gold.

ran a Mage the Ascension game using the conversion guide OPP released where you used Awakening mechanics and it was really fun. no one gave two fucks about the wankery that was awakening's lore since it was a straight downgrade. makes me wonder if Mori was thinking of Reckoning instead of Vigil though with the dice thing...

>> No.5597106

>>5597060
The lore was retarded which is why it was good and fun.

>> No.5597242

>>5596944
>the wyrm sounded cool but is that something from another game?
Whoops. Yes, this is from a game they're not playing. It's not even in the same setting as the game they're playing. The Wyrm is from oWoD and the game they're playing is CofD. Prominently it features in Werewolf: The Apocalypse.

I'd take what other anon says with a fairly large grain of salt. You'll hear the exact same from people who prefer CofD to oWoD. Well, they won't tell you the mechanics are shit, but the rest of it you'll hear. Lots of people prefer the fluff and setting of one to the other, it's not an objective thing in any way. Especially if you're comparing CofD to oWoD. CofD is the 2nd edition of "New World of Darkness" and nWoD's lore was way close to oWoD's in a lot of ways and as a result it felt like it was trying to be different while being terribly afraid of being different. Generally made it kinda bleh, but CofD basically fixed all of that.

>> No.5597295

>>5597242
what's werewolf the apocalypse about? is there a reason why mori used it?

>> No.5597378

>>5596027
>and holy shit how can they even deal with a vampire with obfuscate?
Trip wire, generally speaking.
But yes that's the point. Hunter is stupid lethal to the point it offers dialled down versions of certain monsters.
>>5596035
Yep she seems to kind of miss just how hard she's knocking it out of the park. Pretty funny really.
>>5595862
>Also the second most watched TTRPG stream after Critical Role so it's doing well in that sphere as well
Oh. Yeah. That's a really good point, actually.
I really hope a lot of new players & GMs arise from this. Back when WoD used to be pretty damn weeb before gulping down the WE AM SRS >:( koolaid and subsequently dying.
If just 5000 new players arise from this it'll cause a ripple effect that should make for a really itneresting new well to draw from.

A lot of That guy stories arise from people not being on the same page aesthetically and in terms of overall needs. Liking Vtubers should allow for a decent amount of overlap that'll then solidify into a proper scene that is not merely there for retarded geek cred points.
>>5595918
Here's hoping she can train others.

>> No.5597463

>>5597295
NTA.
Werewolf is about being shape changing ecoterrorists trying to save the planet from BPNestleMonsantoPfizerGoogle.
Calli used ti because The Wyrm (the lord of the aforementioned Evilbad Evil McDastardly megacorps) is a pretty damn evocative enemy.

>> No.5597643

>>5597463
>trying to save the planet from BPNestleMonsantoPfizerGoogle.
I'm sold.

>> No.5597736
File: 3.05 MB, 2000x1435, 1623101503270.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5596332
They sure as hell are especially if you include blood sorcery book that basically turns them into mages.

Vampires main problem is that they have a lot of weaknesses. You can raid them during the day etc. But they also have by far the best and easiest to use tricks to control humans. Your completely new freshly embraced vampire can match a mage with 4 dots in arcanums when it comes to manipulating humans. They also regain their mystic fuel the easiest. And with 2e they can almost match werevolves in direct combat, especially if you are playing vamps with a bit of experience. Give them silver and it's a coin toss.

And while it's true that mages or demons can invoke some crazy shit their powers are also the most dangerous to use.

>> No.5597754

>>5597643
it was a pretty clear cut entity to set against a anti-corporate conspiracy goblin

>> No.5597835

>>5596268
>They do only get the one surprise attack too

They can just pay 1 blood and disappear again. Humans can't lash out so they can't break obfuscate. Also only the one you attack will be able to see you, others need to roll trying to notice anything.

>> No.5597877

>>5597835
>They can just pay 1 blood and disappear again.
Did something change for VtR because I remember them having to break line of sight to disappear unless they have very advanced disciplines.

>> No.5597916

>>5592507
Ok this has been bugging me; Vic ran and left Tiara only for her to meet up with Not J-chad that led her to go toe the Bar which is fine but Watoto met up with Vic and Yuul around the same time in said bar.

What I'm wondering is if they'll point out a time gap between when Tiara entered and when Vic and Yuul met Watoto? Might be a bit of a plot hole when all of them are meant to meet up.

>> No.5597956

>>5597916
Remember that Tiara waited for her owl and locked up the shop.
She's probably the last one to arrive

>> No.5597976

>>5597736
Yeah, Vamps are better at some things than other splats are. That doesn't make them stronger overall.

>> No.5597997

>>5597916
There's always a possibility Tiara's session was on a different day. Vic was doing a different janitor job during Yuul's session

>> No.5598007

>>5597877
Nothing about line of sight in 2e. They can vanish right in front of you now.

>> No.5598068

>>5597976
Blood Sorcery was buffed to heavens with it's book. Vampire mage can easily match human mages now while also having all normal vampire powers. Just like Tremere in oWoD.

>> No.5598075

>>5597378
If you told 2018 Mori that people would be comparing her favorably DMwise to Matt Mercer, she'd probably laugh at you and tell you to fuck off

And well, here we are

>> No.5598103

>>5598007
I'll be honest that just sounds retarded and an oversight.

>> No.5598115

>>5598075
She'd probably still say that.

>> No.5598123

>>5597997
>>5597956
Your right, so that could be maybe a day or two for all we know, since Vic was already in Yuuls school when they met and had that van chase against the hook.

If Vic just happens to run into Guras character tutorial then chances are he would show up way before he sees the other characters.

>> No.5598172

>>5592507
Man, with all this discussion I wonder what you would all think when they decide to drop the sessions at the end of the story? It could not just interest them at all in the end.

>> No.5598249

>>5598172
I would be really sad, but this series has already inspired the ID girls to try a TTRPG as well.
Also, there's so much enthusiasm from all the girls (besides maybe Ame) that I doubt they'll stop.

>> No.5598263

>>5598172
How do you mean?

>> No.5598396

So whats the endgame here, Moririn getting called in by Paradox to write an official Mythton setting book?

>> No.5598446

>>5598172
Ina's already on board for further TTRPGs, she wants to run a CoC one herself. Something will probably follow up, even if it might be Ina GMing for the IDs or something.

>> No.5598461

>>5598396
Mori always was pretty open about the endgame
have a common thing for the girls to bond over as they were drifting away doing their own shit and organizing full collabs was a hassle no one wanted to deal with, except Kiara, who got bullied away from doing it by /here/

>> No.5598472

>>5598068
Explain?

>> No.5598501

>>5598396
Mori is super passionate about TTRPGs and can't find a group in Japan because they only play CoC

>> No.5598532

>>5598446
I can't really see Ina running a session competently, she tends to go near catatonic when met with unexpected situations, she's not a particularly great storyteller and her delivery tends towards monotone
she'd probably get the art and mood on point tho

>> No.5598544
File: 760 KB, 1280x715, no one cared who i was until i put on the mask.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5596733
>Fomori/Banes/Wyrm/Pentex
Bane????

>> No.5598607

>>5598501
>>5598446
Would love to see girls, be it EN or ID, playing CoC. They are fun as hell.
>>5598461
I hope they will have sessions when they got to Japan. Playing face to face have a whole different feel to it.

>> No.5598646

>>5597754
and now he's it's fucking servant.
Way to loose, Ame.

>> No.5598718

>>5598461
>>5598501
Sorry i meant if this actually snowballs in popularity and the WOD parent company reached out to Cover to renegotiate

Mori is a big dork who just wants to write some cool adventures with her genmates, but Paul Marketing is ever looming

>> No.5598754

>>5598646
Watoto isn't a man of thought, Watoto is all action, you got valuables, Watoto will trade for without question.

>> No.5599011

>>5598472
Both blood sorcery and Theban sorcery have a magic creation system similar to Mage now. They are a bit less potent but also don't invoke Paradox and are generally easier to use. Vampire mage can fuck you up from miles away just like awakened Mage now.

>> No.5599361

>>5598718
At most, maybe they get a few nods in future editions.

>> No.5599375

>>5597295
Apocalypse is about basically "ecoterrorists vs capitilism", the werewolves are the ecoterrorists. They're also angry bigots a lot of the time. Filled with angst and rage, fighting in a lost war against all sorts of nasty stuff like the Wyrm and it's minons, a lot of which are tech and pharma companies. They had a global network of tribes, had laws about territorial respect, got along with spirits and generally were tree-cops. They were created by Gaia as warriors in the aforementioned war, their whole purpose is basically being killpigs. They also shouldn't fuck each other. Generally just a bunch of fatalistic sad sacks, very 90s, kinda all over the place in a lot of ways too. It's kinda hard to talk about in broad terms because it's big and has little in the way of really strong themes that I haven't mentioned. I really quite like WtA but it is what it is.

Forsaken (CofD) werewolves are a whole different thing. Uratha are half-spirit half-flesh, they're not human but raised by them and require them to keep grounded, incredibly territorial, pack focused, self-appointed guardians of the World of Darkness from the spirits that live in the Shadow. The reason they're "Forskan" is because pre-history the material and spirt worlds were much closer and guarded by Father Wolf. Father Wolf fell in love with another great spirit, Luna, and werewolves were their offsping. Eventually Father Wolf grew weak and failed to uphold its duties so some werewolves killed him to take his place and this rent the two worlds apart and shattered Pangaea. Luna cursed all werewolves, and the Forsaken seeing all the damage they cause pledged an Oath to her to take up Father Wolf's mantle. Now they maintain the balance between the two worlds. Their are those that want revenge against them for the death of Father Wolf too. The wolf theme is much stronger here, with lots of emphasis on the pack (and no Garou Nation), they aren't sad half the time, and the stuff that does make them sad is generally more interesting IMO.

The half-spirit thing for example, its a theme in both games but WtA doesn't really do much with it. In WtF as you're torn between the two extremes of Flesh and Spirit you have a stat called "Harmony". It goes from 0-10 and at 10 you're all about the Flesh, at 0 you're all about the Spirit. As you drift towards either extreme things get bad, it makes the Death Rage more likely, it effects how you shapeshift (either makes it very painful, or forces you to take new forms all the time). At 10 it prevents you crossing over into the Shadow, the realm of spirits, and at 0 you are stranded there unable to cross back. This stat can swing pretty wildly too, so trying to keep yourself in tune with your dualistic nature is a big thing. Garou don't get anything like that, they get Rage and that's what it sounds like. The shapeshifting mechanics in WtF2e are also so much better, and it's the major thing that stops me going back to oWoD woofs.

She just likes Pentex and the Wyrm, I imagine. That and I think she must just be far more familiar with it than anything in Werewolf the Forsaken. It's not really like anything that happened in the session couldn't have been done with WtF fluff, it just wasn't. Could have easily been a Maeljin instead of the Wyrm, or an Idigam, or a could have been a weird sort of Shard of an ancient primordial god too. There is always a good bit of overlap between the two gamelines, so stuff in WtA and WtF are always very different but very similar too.

>>5596815
Okay as a better answer to your oWoD vs CofD question. Chronicles of Darkness is a whole new set of games based upon oWoD game lines but entirely separate from them, and doing their own thing with new lore. Chronicles of Darkness is the name for all the 2e games, before this it was "New World of Darkness".

The setting is modern day now, not the 90s, the rules have had a total overhaul. Its engine is based on the oWoD rulesets (they're actually good now), there is a bigger focus on toolbox design so you can pick the bits of lore you want, there isn't much of a metaplot, all the game lines are built to be compatible to allow crossover play, the mechanical design as a whole is a lot more interesting, the games aren't nearly as edgey for the sake of it. So all in all they're very different beasts.

Individual game lines follow the same name scheme but with a different subtitle. So WoD had Vampire: The Masquerade, Werewolf: The Apocolypse, Mage: The Ascension, etc. CofD has Vampire: The Requiem, Werewolf: The Forsaken, Mage: The Awkening, etc. Not every WoD game has a CofD equivalent (Wraith: The Oblivion, Kindred of the East, or Orpheus) but it also has it's own game lines too (Promethean: The Created, Geist: The Sin-Eaters, and Deviant: The Renegades. all three are fantastic too). The comparable game lines will also have massive difference in lore, tone, mechanics, etc. They always have a lot of overlap, but always a load of difference too

>> No.5599477

>>5599375
You forgot to mention Beast

>> No.5599490

>>5598532
Roleplaying games are exactly made for the introverts to go out and act like people they're not, as a GM it's a lot of storytelling, reading source material for setting and rules, and reading your players to keep them interested and motivated to play. Ina is a a huge nerd, I'm sure she is perfectly capable of covering at least the two requirements, for the other it does rely on your players to not be dicks and in front of an audience I doubt anyone would be mean or rude to her and ruin the show.

>> No.5599494

>>5599375
I'm pretty sure she went with Apoc stuff over Forsaken cause Pentex/Banes pair up better with natural medicine conspiracy nut than trying to fend off nature spirits

>> No.5599507

>>5599477
No, I opted to not include it cos it's universally hated and I needed the characters.

>> No.5599514

>>5592507
Mori gives some of her thoughts, hopes and concerns on the TTRPG. From her last stream.

https://youtu.be/3SOq4r7VWHM?t=719

>> No.5599516

>>5596815
CoD/nWoD is the reboot, oWoD is the original. Which one is "better" is highly personal, and a contentious issue. At the barest bones, oWoD has a much more defined backstory and lore, which some find suffocating, and nWoD has a more open world for the players and storyteller to define, which some find aimless. nWoD has more developed and iterated upon gameplay as a consequence of being the newer edition, but whether this means "better" is sort of divisive. In all, Calli's decision to homebrew splice the two together might be great or terrible. We shall see.

>> No.5599561

>>5599490
while I generally agree, the problems I pointed out for Ina are particularly specific regarding GMing while streaming, the impact of having a general public you're also expected to immerse and entertain makes certain traits into bigger obstacles

>> No.5599748

>>5599507
>universally hated
Citation needed, and no, /tg/ doesn't count.
dont quote the goddamned manifestos either
afaik its only because of the creator's background that dragged it down, it is a legitimate game in its own right

>> No.5599928

>>5598718
Honestly the most I'd expect would be a reference in a future source book or an invitation to a convention to be an exhibition session.
Which would honestly be pretty damn cool.

>> No.5599955

>>5599516
I doubt it's going to be a problem for Hunter. Hunter is as grounded in canon WoD lore as GM wants. It even has an entire chapter about making your own versions of supernatural enemies after all.

>> No.5600022

>>5592507
Man, I remember when I wanted to make my own homemade splat using anime-aesthetics and wanted to use /tg/ to critique it
I never got to finish it and I lost the files when I moved, now I no longer have time to get back to it

>> No.5600050

>>5599494
Maybe, but given she went with oWoD rolling rules I'm pretty sure shes just way more familiar with the game. It's a really basic thing to mess up and I have to assume it's because of familiarity with the oWoD system and an assumption it worked the same here. I don't think she's going to really get into Pentex much, or even really give the Wyrm more of a role than just being spooky. If she is it's weird she's either going to be focusing on the thing that got the least screen time so far, or she'll be trying to use all the bits introduced. I think these preludes are just "here is stuff" rather than "here what the chronicle proper is about". I could be wrong and Pentex will feature a load but I kinda don't see it. Nothing I mentioned as CofD alternatives to the Wyrm in the role we've seen it are nature spirits either, it's also not exactly hard to replace just the Wyrm bit and keep the Pentex references. Plenty of bad pharma in CofD as it is, and one of the major tribes of Uratha have humans as their sacred prey because of things like Pentex.

>>5599748
Nah, the game is fucking shit on it's own. The fact it reads like rapist apologia and is written by a sexual abuser does make it worse in retrospect though. There will be some people that like it, but the initial draft got a lot of push back that lead to hasty re-writes making the final thing really messy. It's just a bad game. You can go give it a read if you like but you're not doing yourself any favours. If you want a non-/tg/ source the FATAL and Friends reviews are usually a good read through and the Beast one will go over it in a lot of detail. You can even find the writers talking about it somewhere, pretty sure Dave Brookshaw wrote something on it's troubled development. I'll see if I can dig that up.

>> No.5600112

>>5599375
Honestly I think you are underselling Pentex. It is easily the greatest fucking setting element White wolf came up with.
It's a carricature of capitalism played entirely straight.
Also Werewolf the Apocalypse is the only gameline where you can tell your players "Pentex stole the spirit of Christmas and is torturing it to turn it into the Grinch" and they'll just accept that this is definitely something that Pentex would do

>> No.5600339

>>5600112
Oh I definitely am underselling it, but there was a lot to cover and I wanted to cram it into one thing. People have been talking about it in this thread though, and they popped up briefly in the game so I wasn't really going to say anything they hadn't heard.

>> No.5600431

I hope they meet the black cat mayor

>> No.5600503

I hate Watoto. I hate how Watson plays. I hate Watson.

>> No.5600950

>>5600503
t. woof

>> No.5601061

>>5600431
Watoto will 100% try to assassinate the mayor

>> No.5601138

>>5600503
Could you elaborate? I'm not a teamate, but certainly Watson was my least favorite from holomyth. Her gremlin streams and particularly watoto have been my favorite moments from her so far, and I'm reconsidering my appreciation of her content, it just feels like I'd have to lurk too much into her streams just for the good moments, while the rest is very normal gfe and goslings crying in chat.

>> No.5601311

>>5601138
When she gets invested in a game her streams get really good. Definitely recommend her Outer Wilds and Obra Dinn play throughs

>> No.5601368

>>5601311
Knowing nothing of these girls outside of the RPG, those two games being stuff Ame is really into surprises me after Watoto.

>> No.5601504

>>5601368
She likes investigation games (La Noire was a pretty good playthrough as well) and REALLY likes space. Outer Wilds became her favorite game I'm pretty sure.

>> No.5601590

>>5601504
Actually, now that makes sense. The whole Watson thing didn't click as I've see them on 2 streams total. Didn't really come up in them

>> No.5601733

>>5601590
Watoto also has a lot of points in detective stuff and high wits.

>> No.5601780

>>5601733
Yeah but I took that mostly as conspiracy nut stuff. Not legitimate detective.

>> No.5601902
File: 228 KB, 547x1609, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5594444
Ehh, the Animal Ken stuff is being played very fast and loose. It's basically just the Animal Speech merit at this point. Its not a big deal really but it's not exactly how the skill works. Skill description and Animal Speech merit attached.

>> No.5601914

>>5601780
You cannot uncover truths without some investigation anon...

>> No.5602057

>>5601914
You misunderstand. I mean the theme. I didn't take the Skills they chose as playing to the theme of detective, but rather conspiracy nut.

>> No.5602097

>>5601902
Where's the merit from? I don't see it in the CofD rulebook

>> No.5602221

>>5601902
I mean given her speciality in birds Tiara has effectively 5 dots in Animal Ken for interacting with them.
Which is described as "can all but speak to animals" which is for my view close enough to how Mori is playing it, especially since it's mostly to Tiara's specifically trained pet owl while her effect on random birds is way lessered

>> No.5602248

>>5600050
>Maybe, but given she went with oWoD rolling rules I'm pretty sure shes just way more familiar with the game.
I'll say this, it is possible to find old videos of her playing Vigil. Like 2012-2014 era. Not going to link any. Didn't watch it for very long because the GM's voice was both irritating and sounded like he was using a microphone simultaneously on the opposite side of the room and down his throat. So I don't know if that guy mixed lore or not, but she did mention that HtV was her introduction to TTRPGs, so I wouldn't be surprised.

genuinely wasn't even trying to stalk her or anything, youtube just decided to recommend me some random hunter game (possibly because I've been watching a lot of them as of late) and I was like Hey, I know this voice.

>> No.5602346

>>5602248
Were you faggot that kept spamming it in global and morig?

>> No.5602608

>>5602346
Nope!

Didn't even realize it had been posted here.

>> No.5602620 [DELETED] 

>>5602097
Shit, knew I forgot to mention something tehre. It's from the first Dark Eras, you can find it one pages 247-248. 248 also includes the wonderful Skin Thief minor template which you should take a look at while you're there. Although that whole big, and it's Companion and Dark Eras 2, are crammed full of great ideas. For those that don't know Dark Eras is a collection of historical settings for various gamelines, typically they're cross-game, settings. You've got stuff like Werewolf and Mage in pre-history Pangaea before the Werewolves ruined it. There is Vampire, Hunter, and Changeling in King Arthur's Britain. You've got There are also a lot of Supernatural Merits in Hurt Locker. The wodcodex site is also great for looking up sources. Here is the page with Supernatural Merits, although it doesn't include all the lesser templates.
http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Merits,_Mortal_(2nd_Edition)

>>5602221
I remember it being a lot more like actually talking, rather than the more intuitive sense of Animal Ken. I could be mistaken, but either way Animal Ken shouldn't be coming across as supernatural really.

>>5602248
Oh yeah, I know she started with Vigil but she must have played a good deal of oWoD for the dice mechanics to stick, and probably some WtA for Pentex and the Wyrm unless that was just reading books/wiki. It could have just been mixing settings, it's not like people don't run nWoD/CofD rules for oWoD's setting, but that doesn't explain the dice thing.

>> No.5602704

>>5602097
Shit, knew I forgot to mention something tehre. It's from the first Dark Eras, you can find it one pages 247-248. 248 also includes the wonderful Skin Thief minor template which you should take a look at while you're there. Although that whole big, and it's Companion and Dark Eras 2, are crammed full of great ideas. For those that don't know Dark Eras is a collection of historical settings for various gamelines, typically they're cross-game, settings. You've got stuff like Werewolf and Mage in pre-history Pangaea before the Werewolves ruined it. There is Vampire, Hunter, and Changeling in King Arthur's Britain. You've got viking age Werewolves and Sin-Eaters. Aztec Demons. Vampires and Promethens during the Black Death. Loads more of those too. There are also a lot of Supernatural Merits in Hurt Locker. The wodcodex site is also great for looking up sources. Here is the page with Supernatural Merits, although it doesn't include all the lesser templates.
http://wodcodex.com/wiki/Merits,_Mortal_(2nd_Edition)

>>5602221
I remember it being a lot more like actually talking, rather than the more intuitive sense of Animal Ken. I could be mistaken, but either way Animal Ken shouldn't be coming across as supernatural really.

>>5602248
Oh yeah, I know she started with Vigil but she must have played a good deal of oWoD for the dice mechanics to stick, and probably some WtA for Pentex and the Wyrm unless that was just reading books/wiki. It could have just been mixing settings, it's not like people don't run nWoD/CofD rules for oWoD's setting, but that doesn't explain the dice thing.

>> No.5602766

>>5602704
Thanks anon. Sounds like some nice reading before bedtime

>> No.5602780
File: 1.10 MB, 2551x3579, 1f9d23436112bd6bfc4bf726ff25c903.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

It's a bit crazy how they are not out of tutorials yet and those streams are already a massive success.

Ina should GM CoC next. Or maybe Kiara some DnD.

>> No.5602821

>>5602780
I hope this inspires the other branches to do some campaigns too instead of just one shots

>> No.5602845

>>5602780
CoC would be fun, I feel like D&D would be a slog and be fairly boring though. I'd like to see more wod stuff too. Lots of games they could play and maybe have a wider story seen through a lot of different eyes.

>> No.5603044

>>5602780
Neither Ina nor Kiara actually have much experience with TTRPGs.
I doubt that would work out. And I say that as KFP

>> No.5603714

>>5602766
Don't mention it. I'd be happy to give a recommendation or two from each book if you, or anyone else, would like.

>> No.5603869

>>5602780
I don't see Ina as a potential GM but she may enjoy playing CoC with jps once she does her reps

>> No.5603950
File: 886 KB, 2894x4093, 8065650c6eb8d0c9596e96111c7a8444.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5602704
Actual Evil Eye merit, holy chuuni.

>> No.5604125

What if Watoto goes Frenzy, guys?
Is Mori going to back down from lore or is there a genuine possibility that #mythrapes may become a reality?

>> No.5604290

>>5604125
I hope Mori uses the Freak Legion supplement

>> No.5605180

>>5601368
>those two games being stuff Ame is really into surprises me after Watoto.
Watoto is a character you'd expect from Ame if you only watch clips, but not something you'd expect from her if you watch her streams avidly. It's a mistake.

>> No.5605305

>>5605180
I had no expectations. Like, I'd not seen *any* vtuber stream at all before this. I knew they were a thing, but that's about it. Watoto was fun IMO, it's not a perfect character but Ame has good comedic timing and she made me laugh a couple of times. She's having fun, Calli is having fun, hopefully the other three will too when they all play together. As fun is the aim, I'm happy with what she's made.

>> No.5605486

>>5601504
Holy shit you've no idea how badly I want her to continue Sam & Max. Culture Shock is a horrible hook, I know- even back in the day Telltale used to give out Episode 4 for free as a better introduction to the series- but Season 2 in particular is PERFECT for Ame.

>> No.5605557

>>5605180
Ame tends to go for meme gremlin when she doesn't know what else to do, but she's at her best when she's really invested in something, whether it's a game like those 2 or just one of her rants about fishes or something.
If Watoto dies or they start a new campaign, I hope she makes a character that's more reflective of that side of her next.

>> No.5605579

>>5605180
Which leads me to believe Ame is pulling a sort of long con with Watoto. Setting up the camouflage mushroom and hiding money from his family makes me think Ame wants him to be the sort of fellow that looks stupid but is more clever than he appears. Which leads me to wonder what the endgame of the Wyrm thing is going to be.

>> No.5605834

>>5603950
Not to come across as a buzzkill, and I'm sure I'm missing parts of the reference, but the evil eye is some pretty ancient folklore in this context. Ancient Greece kinds of ancient, although it's a pretty prolific idea. Essentially the idea is that a person can cast a curse with a stare, generally bringing some form of misfortune. In CofD's case it causes paralysis the victim. The evil eye is warded against with various talismans, the most common of which would be a nazar or the Eye of Horus. Works the same in CofD the Merit doesn't work on targets with protective charms on them. So it's not really the anime-esque edgey magic eye thing. You could certainly use it that way though. Interesting mechanical effect of the Evil Eye Merit is that it's one of the few Supernatural Merits not to cost Willpower to activate, which means you can use it as much as you like, but instead it makes you lose your defence on the turn you use it. So it makes you pretty vulnerable, and it also doesn't work on any warded target. Hopefully a part of that was interesting.

>> No.5606109

How do you think Ame would have done if she didn't make a joke character?

>> No.5606159

>>5605579
>looks stupid but is more clever than he appears.
>Int 1 dot

>> No.5606213

>>5602780
>>5602845
>CoC
How do you even play it

>> No.5606369

>>5606159
Along with 3 Wits and 4 Manipulation.

>> No.5606427

>>5606159
>>5606369
He might be genuinely retarded, but he have something akin to streat-smarts and high wisdom. And he is sacary mf

>> No.5606625

>>5606109
Her character has stopped being a joke, like, half-way into her tutorial.

>> No.5607080

>>5606213
Imagine what you've seen of the sessions so far but with a lot more investigation, more cult shit, less overt monsters, and people losing their grip on their own sanity. The core CofD book really isn't too far off all in all, outside of the stylistic differences.

Mechanically it's about as basic as a system comes for it's core dice resolution. You have Attributes and Skills rated 0-100. When you make a roll for an Attribute or Skill you roll 1d100, if you roll equal to or under the value of your Attribute or Skill then you succeed. If a check is more difficult it will give you a penalty, if it is easier it'll give you a bonus. If you fail a roll you can choose to push your luck and reroll it, if you fail again bad things happen. Attributes don't effect your chances with a Skill, they're primarily used for scenarios where there isn't a Skill to cover the task, so they're basically Skills of their own with a few different rules attached.

When you successfully make a roll you can put a check mark next to that skill. Each Skill can only have one check mark next it it, but at the end of the session you roll a d100 for each Skill with a check mark. If you roll *over* that Skill you can increase it by 1d10 points. So the higher your Skill the harder it is to improve. This doesn't apply to Attributes. There are other systems, like sanity and luck, but thats the basics. Pretty simple stuff.

>> No.5607812

>>5604125
She likely is legally obligated to not do that bia her contract, and she's a nice girl who wants to terrify and excite her friends not traumatize them.
Why would you think that?

>> No.5607881

>>5606159
In this day and age, being near illiterate can be overcome easily with technology, with that being said I wish he traded his points from politics into computers.

>> No.5608115

>>5607080
Sounds fucking awesome. Calliope would be a great GM for this genre.

>> No.5609813

Any news on the Status of Watoto? Will Watson remain with Watoto or will she rewrite them or maybe wipe the slate clean?

>> No.5609992

>>5609813
I find it incredibly unlikely that she would change characters. There's a possibility that she might learn to be a bit more vocal, but the next time we'll see him the gang is going to be together.
I'm hoping that her character works better in a group setting.

>> No.5610168

Would Vic and J-Chad know what the mark on Watoto's hand means? If they do, how do you think they'd react?

>> No.5610257

>>5610168
Assuming J-Chad's cell is not new, shoot on sight. Vic would be indiferrent though.

>> No.5610432

>>5610257
I don't it to be honest. Wyrm shit is pretty high level for Compacts to know much about, and I'm not even sure he belonged to one of them. However, if Ame did wanna switch characters for some dumb reason it would be a fucking incredible way yo kick off the chronicle. A tense scene of arguing, a quick execution, and then you introduce her new PC as they help clean up the mess of her old PC.

>> No.5610498

>>5610168
It really depends on the specific character to know that much of Garou-related lore. Vic did refer to The Hook by name but there's no guarantee he also knows about a millenia-old lnowledge, despite being shared amongst werewolves as common sense. As usual per hunters, if there's a weird mark it's usually solved by showering its owner with bullets and fire.
I'm going to assume that Mori will have the NPCs not knowing what it is, and the mark of the Bane isn't something that can't be explained as a tattoo. Following the official material, cutting a deal with a Bane straight up marks you with a gigantic yelling pulsating target for all Garou, but depending on how the actual game will go Mori might just have it hidden and activate when it's the right dramatic time.

>> No.5610698

>>5610498
True Fae are often embodiments of fairy tales or urban legends. Knowing the name of The Hook isn't a big deal, the Hook literally has a page on Wikipedia. Not even in game, like IRL Wikipedia. It's pretty much 1 for Occult knowledge. We also don't know the exact role of the Wyrm here. It might not be as ingrained into woof culture, as this is CofD, she might just want it for Pentex. Especially because Uratha wars means a pretty snappy death. Hunters, despite the name, are easy prey got woofs.

>> No.5610981

>>5609813
Why do some of you guys want Watoto gone so bad? I enjoyed his shenanigans.

>> No.5611028

>>5610432
That would be a bold move on Mori's part, showcasing how cold and cruel the World of Darkness can be, specially when Hunters can display how much they don't know about the monsters they kill and prefer the Shoot First Research Later approach. But I don't think that'll happen, my prediction is that she'll dilute how strong a Bane's corruption can strike and have Watoto turning very, very slowly, just so they can plan the one moment he'll heroically sacrifice himself before becoming a Fomori.

>>5610698
I might be recalling incorrectly, so I would need to rewatch Yuul's session, but to me Vic mentioned The Hook as if he knew them as the actual legit True Fae instead of a Slasher that inspired the legend.

>> No.5611042

>>5610981
It is 95% when will he die given he made a deal with the Wyrm.

>> No.5611150

>>5610981
It's not bad, but it's the least good and it feels like Ame limited herself making the character. Combined with the easy out Mori gave her, it more plausible than the others.

>> No.5611193

>>5611042
Not that anon, but Mori can whip up some lore that justifies how Watoto can get healed before turning into a Fomori too. If that'll even happen, as far as we know being a servant of the Wyrm only implies that a favour will be collected at some point, which might involve complete obliteration of his soul and body. But we don't know what she has in mind for him yet.

The fact that Mori pulled this in her game is already an interesting turn, for people who know WoD lore she gave out a full sandbox of things to theorize what she can do next, to twist what's written officially.

>> No.5611231

>>5611028
I don't think it'll happen either. I don't even expect a switch. But it would be amazing and a great subversion of expectations. I also think it'll shut the crybabies who have been all "Calli is such a shit GM for going easy on them. I'm a bad ass and would have killed them all by now". The only real downside I see with this idea is some people might get salty they died, expecting this game to be all horror super heroes. But that can be soothed with some after session OOC of them just saying it was planned and how much fun it was.

As for the Hook thing, you could be right there. I kind of remember it more like the classic Hunter "urban legends aren't just legends" attitude.

>> No.5611250

>>5610498
>>5610698
I'm expecting him to say "Watoto servant of Wyrm" or something to that effect when asked about it.

>> No.5611376

>>5611250
And then he gets shot

>> No.5611420

>Everyone assuming they know anything about Calli's setting and going full-bore on meta

Nobody has any idea what this means and are assuming the worst case scenario.

>> No.5611474

>>5611420
Real talk, is anyone really doing that at all?

>> No.5611502

>>5611250
Doubtful. Watoto has lied to his own dad about how much money he made. I doubt he'll have much compunctions about playing things close to the vest.

>> No.5611679

>>5611420
The game is clearly based on the book's established setting, if not a bit of a mish mash of oWoD and CofD. She might leave stuff out or rearange some cosmology, but overall going meta is inevitable. Of course people will theorize stuff, and of course pulling out Wyrm is a big deal. You dont put cthulhu in your setting and dont expect him to fuck shit up in cataclysmic levels

>> No.5611829

>>5611250
It'll be met with "What?" or "WHAT?"

>>5611420
Like I said up there, it's an interesting turn that Mori is pulling things from different things from the old and new WoD books. Sure that for people who know this stuff it might feel like "I clapped because I know what it is", but I'm more interested in seeing how she'll flip those into something else.
To people who don't know, it'll be a wild ride of an entire new world unveilling around the characters, with the girls and the audience learning along.

>> No.5611864

>>5611420
We know what it could mean and have reason behind the assumptions.
Besides, it's not a bad thing. I can totally Watoto going out in a Badass way. And then Watson comes in with her new character and the game continues.

>> No.5611895

>>5611864
Of course it's a bad thing to discuss where a story we're excited for might headed. It's "meta" and that's always bad in nogameland

>> No.5611956

>>5611895
>Don't discuss about the things we are all excited about, its bad
what

>> No.5612006

>>5611956
Exactly. Yet someone always feels the need to be a buzzkill.

>> No.5612025

>>5612006
again,
what

>> No.5612084

>>5612025
NTA but he's agreeing that that's a dumb thing to complain about, but some people will still do it.

>> No.5612125

>>5612084
Oh gotcha, my bad

>> No.5612148

>>5612025
The first thing was sarcasm about the dude complaining about this """meta""" discussion.

>> No.5612255

>>5612148
It's hard to tell sometimes with how much autismo some fa/tg/uys can exhale around these threads

>> No.5612345

>>5598646
One flavor only.

>> No.5612400

>>5612345
It sounds like "Serve me for the rest of your life" is a valid favor when dealing with this guy.

>> No.5612424
File: 12 KB, 300x212, 1536619596587.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Who else is feeling orders of magnitude more confident and excited about Gura's mystery character after experiencing the Watoto tutorial?

>> No.5612487

>>5612424
I can't contain my excitement. Gura seems like she's really into this, so I can't help but share the same energy as hers.

>> No.5612501

>>5612424
The character itself is still almost an entire unknown beyond those little excerpts, but it does sound like she will be able to play with confidence.

>> No.5612536

>>5612424
Will she really play as a child, as the foot size indicates? How hard is it?

>> No.5612565

>>5612400
One "serve me for the rest of your life" flavored mushroom cocktail coming right up.
Joke aside, it seems the wyrm prefers Watoto than whatever Pentex is planning with the plants.

>> No.5612668

>>5611042
But that makes things more interesting.

>> No.5612784

>>5612565
Exactly my point. It's a waste to kill Watoto off early. Save him for the climatic betrayal in the final session, where he double-crosses the party and the Wyrm at the same time in service of the only cause he will ever truly serve: Watoto.

>> No.5612889

>>5612536
You mean mechanically? You basically just take the Merit called Small-Framed and you're good to go. It's a drawback Merit so it gives you a bonus and a negative. It makes you sneakier, which is mechancially represented as a +2 to any roll in which your small size wpuld help you hide or go unnoticed. The drawback is it drops your size by 1, which means 1 less Health, and people might not take you seriously. 1 less size is closer to a teenager than a child, but eh. Coincidentally though nWoD 1e does have a while book for playing as children called Innocents. Not super compatible with Hunter though and it's very much built as it's own thing.

>> No.5612960

>>5611150
Not really, the kid at the beginning offered a FREAKING ARTILLERY & the guy at the black market wanted to make a bomb already. It's clear from the start that the session is about full blown war disregarding common sense & Watoto is against teleporting banes & Pompadour Man with his elite soldiers.
After a rewatch & getting used with the autism, this might be my favorite session so far.

>> No.5615527

>>5612960
>the kid at the beginning offered a FREAKING ARTILLERY
I think I missed this bit.

>> No.5615834

>>5612960
So many plot hooks have been crammed into every 1:1 session. Watoto has a contact and family friend who has access to military grade stuff, which along with Yuul’s high grade crafting makes a lot of stuff plausible in case they need to give Tiara a heavy duty sniper rifle or improvise and IED with an old artillery shell.

Also I have to give Mori props for actually stopping Ame from using be mushrooms as straight up magic but did say maybe they could slightly improve stealth. She also made it clear the guy only traded a gun for it because Watoto’s dad was a good customer. Which helped establish their dynamic. She also set a limit on how many times the mushrooms could be used. Then later she let her do a retro craft roll to determine their effects and through complete bullshit luck Watoto’s mega mushroom gave her ninja level stealth out of nowhere. It was a hilarious moment but now Watoto has hard evidence his mushrooms work. Is it actual magic? Placebo? Hallucination? No one knows but it’s basically an alternate willpower mechanism and while it’s pretty strong it’s also pretty fun. If I were Mori I’d house rule that anyone but Watoto has a negative 2 on the craft roll so when a skeptic like Yuul tries them they rarely work while Watoto runs around punching out Vampires once a session

>> No.5615944

>>5601311
>Obra Dinn
Materwelonz playthrough is infinitely better. If anybody wants to see that game streamed, watch Materwelonz, not Shitson.

>> No.5616119

>>5615944
Or you can watch both. And play it yourself first, since it's not replayable enough to do it afterward.

>> No.5616726

>>5599375
Hmm, thanks for the explanation. I think I'll look into Apocalypse because that sounds a lot more fun. Where can I go to find some of the books?

>> No.5616842

>>5600050
I remember when Mori first namedropped Magadon and a slew of CofD guys were coping really hard and saying she wasn't going to include Pentex. Or if she did, she wouldn't name the Wyrm or Banes.

And then she did.

Forsaken's backstory isn't as interesting as you'd like it to be, unfortunately. Apocalypse's enemies need a single elevator pitch to sell them while Forsaken's need a 8 hour seminar with a free gourmet buffet at the end to sell. I can't wait for Mori to include more wacky and fun shit from the Wyrm's rogue gallery - but then again, I can't wait for whatever Mori is going to do next. CofD or OWoD. Now please stop fucking astroturfing and next time when some anon asks a question don't give them a loaded answer.

>> No.5616893
File: 426 KB, 1600x3100, 1624405421780.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5612536
>as the foot size indicates

I'm guessing this whole thread is male, because I've seen this comment multiple times. Females are NOTORIOUSLY self-conscious about their feet size. A huge chunk of cultures value females with somewhat small / petite / delicate feet, and the optimal ideal of the female form usually includes small feet. Size six or seven is not unusual for a female adult. Even if it isn't the proper shoe size, some women will actually wear shoes a size too small.

Oddly, the only reason I know about this is because of my devotion to King of the Hill, where the main female lead has 16 1/2 size feet and has several episodes dedicated to her neurotic feelings surrounding her huge feet.

>> No.5616924

>>5602780
Kiara should run fucking Exalted, fuck D&D we've had enough of that shit. They could legitimately play the Holomyths in that game.
>Gura the Lunar Changing Moon/Dragonblood Water Aspect Beastfolk
>Watson the Getimian Spring Caste
>Mori the Midnight Abyssal
>Ina the Infernal Horizon

>> No.5617430

>>5616924
>Gueststar Roboco as an alchemical

>> No.5617543

>>5617430
I would fucking kneel to the centre of the earth.

>> No.5619210

>>5605305
Ina's going to laugh her ass off at every Watoto line. She's already constantly referencing Watoto in her own streams (mostly just laughing at the name itself).

>> No.5619295
File: 311 KB, 571x585, 3a8033042ab297b54166f42e4177fe94[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>prof wants you to get rid of janitor
>janitor actually leaves on his own
>mission already accomplished
>make a narcotic to put him to sleep
>not use it at all and run him over in your car like a homicidal maniac instead
why?

>> No.5619373
File: 921 KB, 1280x720, 【クトゥルフ神話TRPG】ホロの奇妙な共闘【ホロライブ公式】 1-41-6 screenshot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5602780
I think the most likely way that Ina would get involved in a CoC game is if she's invited by Fubuki, since Fubuki plays CoC with her own group of vtuber friends as well as organizing one-off sessions for Hololive once every so often (see: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vy2kIKmDJU for a full 3D Call of Cthulhu session she GM'd). I think the best case scenario is that Ina plays a few games of CoC in Japanese with Fubuki, then comes back to GM a game with HoloEN/ID some time down the line.

>> No.5619384

>>5607881
It makes more sense thematically that way. He can't read so he can't use computers but his conspiracy theorist family probably taught him all about how the corrupt government works

>> No.5619468

>>5605180
You're completely wrong about Watoto being something that Ame wouldn't make, or whatever you're trying to say.
Watoto has a shitty speech impediment, which makes him sound retarded, and he's been completely brainwashed by his upbringing to believe in all kinds of conspiracies, but he isn't some fucking meme gremlin.
He's pragmatic and has his own sense of what is actually real, separate from his upbringing, as shown by the fact that he assumed his father was somehow losing it when he started to talk about invisible shadows, and offered him medicine. His inner monologue also showed concern for her mother for doing shit on Footbook.
He's resourceful and cunning, as shown by his money schemes and initiative for bartering and offering to make the bomb for profit. And the setting of the bomb and subsequent trade after he fell and knew he's fucked.
He's extremely caring in a pragmatic way, as shown by him immediately wanting to mercykill the creatures, and the latter half of the session being focused on him trying to save his family.

I honestly feel like he is a sort of mix of the fat kid and the conspiracy nut from Hunt for the Wilderpeople, Ame's favorite movie. Besides his odd exterior, he'll probably be the most considerate person in the group.

>> No.5619560
File: 412 KB, 1714x515, E4lVaoKXIAM_41l.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5619468
This concept really fits that
https://twitter.com/YKTNlife/status/1407750303252987911
He also drew the parents as the trailer trash they seem like
https://twitter.com/YKTNlife/status/1407788920331554828

>> No.5619577

>>5615834
Watoto's herb farm also burned down so now he's out of resources. I imagine there will be a small time skip for Yuul to heal up and Watoto to grow a couple more mushrooms but now he's going to be limited in how many he has per session so he can't just say "I use a mushroom" for every situation

>> No.5619582

>>5619468
>I honestly feel like he is a sort of mix of the fat kid and the conspiracy nut from Hunt for the Wilderpeople
Oh, you're right. That explains a lot.

>> No.5619645
File: 2.29 MB, 2000x1424, 1624264074633.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>posters that are arguing over which of their shitty werewolf game has the most depth
Go to fucking /tg/ to whine about why Mori should have used your shitty irrelevant game's lore, this thread is for Hunter the Vigil and how much we want to fuck Yuul.

>> No.5620159

>kiara: bit fantasyish but believable, stays grounded
>ina: normal as they get, might or might not be a ghoul
>watson: missed the point of "normal" in character design by small margin, becomes a sludge fomori aka technically superpowers
>gura: missed point completely initially, likely to end up as magical OC too if didn't revise into normal bean
feels like Mori is doing a bit of wish fulfillment on characters not being exactly normal humans for those who wish it doing monkey paws where she can get them like with watson
would be funny to see gura with warewolf related super power and have to duke it out with Watson again like in A Way Out

>> No.5620329

>>5619645
part of me wishes that Ina's design was that of Yuul's even if it's relatively normal urbanwear

>> No.5620363

>>5620159
>missed the point of "normal" in character design by small margin
She missed the point completely and I doubt she even watched the other tutorials or she would have realized that her character does not fit into this world.
Who am I kidding? She would not care either way. She just want to do her retarded shit which only her retarded fans think is funny rather than complete cringe.

>> No.5620474

>>5619577
Watoto actually has some healing powder that can heal even mental derangement, no not a homebrewed mushroom, it is from Mori. He can use that for Yuul.
I agree that it seems Mori does intend for Ame's session to be a full-blown war, which is ironic since it is the only session so far without single combat but the highest death toll.

>> No.5620515

>>5612784
Kino

>> No.5620612

>>5612889
Mori actually mentioned playing a campaign of Innocents before to Gura (not by name but said everyone played children)

>> No.5620646

>>5615944
I actually watched her due to Outer Wilds and I liked both her and Ame's playthroughs

>> No.5620653

>>5620159
Gura is doing a member's stream to design her character in the coming week, and is also going to corral Mori into a discord call to make some updates to her character/make sure it's up to snuff. I'm pretty sure that she'll surprise a lot of people by how seriously she's taking it.

>> No.5620661

>>5620329
Ina's design is pretty meh but Yuul is godlike.

>> No.5620698

>>5620363
on design side i would find it the sheet misguided but in the end okish if i were doing a fling
greenish skin hue? maybe closer to earthen but then she might've looked like an innsmouth inbred without fishy parts
gremlinish? movement impediment, would either be a hunchback and/or retard, either feels like a death sentence vs supernatural
mushrooms? pure placebo that works only for her, would work better in % system where she could discard a lower dice tho for "mushroom dice" so 30 and 4 + "7" would either be 34 or 37
but hey, ultimately it's not my game

>> No.5620739

>>5620653
not a chumbud so i'll miss it

>> No.5620831

>>5620363
>does not fit into this world.
Ah yes, the world where a kid is selling you artilleries. Artilleries on top of a plastic wagon. Artilleries on top of a plastic wagon pulled by a fucking dog.
Surely a midget with a speech impediment is out of this world.

>> No.5620927

>>5620653
You like she took her birthday stream super seriously? Look how that turned out.
I am not questioning her resolve, but in her case that is often not enough.

>> No.5621034

>>5620653
She is doing that one day before the tutorial. Literally last second. If she took this seriously, she would be done with her perp already.

>> No.5621081 [DELETED] 

>>5620831
Go away, Rebecca.

>> No.5621205

>>5621081
Do you have to pull out the dox shit? For what purpose.

>> No.5621233

>>5619295
Yuul becomes a different person behind the wheel

>> No.5621727

>>5619468
That's a really great summary. Watoto has a lot of character when you think about it.

>> No.5621819

>>5620927
She's already remade her character, wrote a whole backstory, new stats, new mertis/flaws based on backstory. All it needs is a look over by Mori now (which the old one needed as well along with having no solid concept).

>> No.5621831

It’s becoming clearer and clearer that Mori’s WoD in addition to borrowing freely from multiple editions is a little more dark comedy horror more than straight up grimdark. More Cabin in the Woods, Fallout, or TTS than TCM, the Road, or 40K if that makes sense. Which I think I like since it allows for some more lighthearted and comedic moments, some 4th wall breaking, while allowing room for awesome and heartfelt moments too. I still don’t love Watoto but with a good design and a minor edit of his sheet he fits pretty well in such a world.

If only he had a design. Ame just pick one!!!!!

>> No.5621946

>>5619468
Okay. You’re selling me on it. A huge part of the problem is with no design I thinks peoples mental image drifted to the most annoying goblin art from twitter. If the concept you outline was reinforced with good art everything Watoto does comes across differently. I can buy that

>> No.5622536

>>5621946
I like Green Bobby Hill the best so far
>>5619560

>> No.5622680

>>5596027
Wait until you read Mage and see how a fresh Mage can
>Make everyone forget about her, even if she is actively attacking them
>Bend an entire room to her will with no way for them to resist
>Read minds and speak telepathically
This is 3 different disciplines made stronger, and all available with just Mind 2, which is available not just at character creation, which assumes a year of training, but as soon as the Mage awakens.
And yet people think Gura's session is gonna use actual Mages

>> No.5622774
File: 66 KB, 269x273, KFBANE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5620363
I agree that the character was made for meme purposes but the wyrm thing might be what it needs to give it a more serious tone. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and wait to see how Watoto reacts to whatever Calli decides to throw at him.

>> No.5622787

>>5610168
>Would Vic and J-Chad know what the mark on Watoto's hand means?
Really really unlikely. Wyrm shit is really deep lore that even (please let's not go there please please please it's just an example) really experienced Mages in the setting it comes from only understand conceptually, and the people who fight the Wyrm are really not forthcoming or prone to asking for help. Justifiably, arguably.
> If they do, how do you think they'd react?
Kill.
Things the Wyrm is like from other settings:
-The Skaven & the Horned Rat from Warhammer
-Every single Captain Planet villain but 8000 times more competent and evil
-The Joker crossed with the evil incarnations of Venom
-Hollows from Bleach

>> No.5622898

>>5610168
Unlikely.
It's a very werewolf specific knowledge

>> No.5623002

>>5622680
Awakening and Ascension mages still routinely get dunked on by humans with guns. Mage strength comes immense prep.

>> No.5623059

>>5610168
Only a very small amount of Vampires in VtM ever knew what the Wyrm was. If Mori's using VtR but wishes to keep the same level of secrecy, very few groups in VtR would be clued into it too.

But he might sure as fuck smell something is off with Watoto.

>> No.5623138

>>5610168
>Nice tattoo, where do you get it?
>WORM AYLIENS.
>Haha, this guy is bonkers.

>> No.5623201

>>5623002
True enough. I think it's cool how both Human splats(Hunter and Mage) need prep time to really get going

>> No.5623339

>>5623059
>smell something is off with Watoto
Well yeah, he canonically smells like an open sewer

>> No.5623387

>>5623339
Mixed with weed and psychedelic mushroom. He's hard to be in close proximity to.

>> No.5623577

>>5623339
Watoto is already a morbidly obese green dwarf trailer trash religious weirdo with a monocle and tinfoil hat who speaks in sentence fragments with a speech impediment who smells terrible and who babbles on about conspiracies and his magic mushrooms potions that will make you invisible so government agents can’t see you (that that exact scenario literally happened is my favorite part of her run).

He’s already pegged the weirdness meter by existing. He barely passes for human. The mark of the Wyrm will just put him at 12 instead of 11 on a scale of 10

>> No.5624100

>>5621034
"Last second" is still more seriously than I've seen some players take character creation.

>> No.5624169

>>5623339
>Nobody realizes you are a ferectoi because you already smell like shit.
Pentex, take a note.

>> No.5624657

There aren't many worse beings in CofD for Watoto to have made a pact with, right?

>Mage
Exarchs are bad, but they have a vested interest in keeping reality around. They just want more power by making life even worse for the average person.
Abyssal Entities would probably be just as bad. If not worse.
>Changeling
True Fae might be especially bad, but only because we know The Hook is around Mythdon.
He could have made a pact with the Wyrd, but that would probably just force Watoto to move the plot forward occasionally.
>Beast
Fuck off
>Demon
A stigmatic in the party sounds cool, but like the Exarchs, the God-Machine very much wants to keep reality around. Beyond that it's intentions are known only to the ST.
>Geist
I doubt the party will go anywhere near the Underworld, but it is Mori we're talking about so you never know. Might be bad for the same reason True Fae are.

I don't know the other splats, so if anyone has some thoughts I'd be happy to hear them.

>> No.5625500

>>5624657
Probably not! Even if Mori brought in some OWoD stuff, only a few things could be 'worse'.

High Umbral demons, which is a conglomerate of every afterlives hell, take great pleasure in torturing people that they made pacts with for all eternity. They don't want to destroy the universe, but after a few millennia in Hell, you'll wish they did. Individually speaking this is the worst choice to make since they really want to put you in an eternal torture pit, while Banes just want to destroy the earth to free the Wyrm from his pain.

Yama Kings from Yomi Wan are in the running, what with such loveable afterlives such as "The Infinite NTR Session" one or "The Hell Where You Get Skinned Alive Forever". They do want to take over the universe and sometimes they might treat you with respect if you're noteably useful.

Onceborn and Neverborn. Maddened dead gods who want to plunge everything, including the Wyrm, into Oblivion. Most of their powers aren't useful on earth and you could conceivably gyp your way out any 'deals' you make with them. But if they succeed, everything is dead forever.

The Unnamed, an entity who is willing to turn the cosmos into a nightmare pit forever using any means necessary. If you're useful to him he, like the Yama Kings, might treat you with respect in the new dark age. You'll just have to get used to your harems of body-horror succubi and the fact you've forever damned humanity.

>> No.5625687

What power does the wyrm give watoto other than survivng the explosion?

>> No.5625760

>>5624657
Watoto wheeling and dealing with dangerous dice demons would have been pretty entertaining.

>> No.5625810

>>5625500
I'm sure those are just parts of the wyrm's heads.
They kinda contradict each other sometimes.

>> No.5625930

>>5625810
One said that High Umbra demons are Banes who gained too much individuality from the Wyrm and fucked off to the High Umbra.

>> No.5626269

>>5625687
Well it gives him the power of being a sworn enemy for werewolves

>> No.5626412
File: 155 KB, 512x512, Gura Q.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I like the concept of cute girls, preferably Vtubers, playing an RPG like this.
But I will not watch this because I cannot stand Ame.
Does somebody know another group doing something like this?

>> No.5626516
File: 16 KB, 534x248, 1619936658869.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5626269
Yes, yes I do.

>> No.5626599

>>5626412
You can at least watch others' 1 on 1 tutorials.

>> No.5626607

>>5626516
meant for >>5626412

>> No.5626666

>>5626599
I did and I will watch the Gura one but after that I am out.

>> No.5626714

>>5626412
Ane isn't even in the game, it's been all Watoto.

>> No.5627243

post your sheet

>> No.5627291

So, anyone keeping tabs on each character's inventory? Best I got is:
>Tiara
-Phoenix Pendant
-Birds
-Guns in transit
-No money
-Apartment?
>Yuul
-Pizza
-Chloroform
-No money?
-Apartment?
>Watoto
-At least $50
-Hi-Point
-Cocaine
-Burned out trailer

>> No.5627480
File: 276 KB, 200x131, 1617976143786.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Please have Gura encounter a mage.

>> No.5627718

>>5627480
No way unless it's a friendly Mage.

>> No.5627813

Did any of the girls take Resources or are they all broke?

>> No.5627834

>>5627291
Watoto has some healing powder. He got it in Sweaty Cheeks Alley.

>> No.5627861

>>5627291
>Tiara
lost her owl i think
technically still has a job and rent was covered for a month?
>yuul b impregnated
collage dorm
a hole through her torso
>watoto
stall on ass slappin street
>>5627834
that's the cocaine

>> No.5627950

For the STers ITT, how would you handle a new player going into erotic detail about what what their character looks like, down to even shoe size and a fat ass?

>> No.5627956

>>5627813
Yuul has two dots in resources, but honestly she seems broke as well... I mean, she's a college student.

>> No.5628120

>>5627861
>technically still has a job
Anon all the birds are gone. She lost her job for sure.

>> No.5628170

>>5627956
she might have some low tier scholarship considering her constant work with Oopsie

>> No.5628182

>>5627956
Grad students often have money but still live like grad students because they spend their lives in their offices and doing work/research. I could see Yuul having a nice chunk of money from her family in the bank and a sweet classic car, a few select expensive accessories but otherwise living like a harried academic. Two dots is basically regular middle class with a house and car but it’s not particularly wealthy which would be four dots.

>> No.5628396

>>5627480
Considering the escalation this far I expect Gura to get dunked on by an Archmage.

>> No.5628709

>>5628396
under the assumption of it being still OC donnut steel i could see
>accidentally killed a wyrm aligned entity/True Death'd a vampire that broke the masquerade
>it left an imprint on her of some sort
>is hunted by a warewolf or a local cell of camarilla as witness who knows too much
>as a result she has to be on the move constantly and can't connect with people to not endanger them
so far Mori tried to have them face their insecurities of some kind and isolationism would work for Gura
don't remember if that was also the case for Ame since discussion devolved into edition grugging, and debating if watoto breaks the 4th wall masquerade

>> No.5628714

>>5628182
Except we have seen the sheet and it doesn't have ressources

>> No.5628730

>>5628396
>A vampire cult, a True Fae, the Wyrm, and one of the less than 100 Archmages all take an interest in a single Hunter cell before session 1 even starts
Can you imagine the shenanigans?

>> No.5628770

>>5627291
Do we know what happened to the pistol Tiara stole? I cant remember if she lost it at some point

>> No.5628799

>Know absolutely nothing about the lore or rules or WoD or whatever other acronyms there are
>Sit back and enjoy the streams

>> No.5628820

>>5628714
https://youtu.be/bXwW-g6P3zI?t=929
It's right there, though. 2 dots in resources.

>> No.5628870

>>5628730
Actually now that I think about, just those first three alone would basically guarantee an Archmage would be interested in this group. Think about all the potential quintessence they could get from them.

>> No.5628913

>>5628709
Family "in other timeline" seams consistent with other two.

>> No.5629086

>>5627950
It's not common but also not that rare. People usually think about stuff like this but keep it to themselves unless asked.

>> No.5629206

>>5628770
Did a quick listen-through, I think she still has it.

>> No.5629886

Let's talk about the actual elephant in the room here: which of you are starting to read on the WoD books because the itch of curiosity was too big?

>> No.5629982

>>5619295
"I panicked"

>> No.5630039

>>5629886
i can barely get my group for 1 game we already have running due to Cthulhu being in campaign-prep "development hell" for like a year and a half now
the top layer of lore is interesting but all the shit posted here about deeper mythos makes me actually disinterested

>> No.5630087

>>5629886
I did, but only for the purpose of fucking around with the character sheet. I have no interest in actually playing a TTRPG, but minmaxing stats is fun.

>> No.5631023

>>5628820
Does anyone have Tiara's and Watoto's character sheets? I want to save these and compare them to the revisions they'll be doing before the first session begins.

>> No.5631044
File: 1.58 MB, 1728x1080, watotosheet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5631023

>> No.5631097

>>5631023
https://twitter.com/moricalliope/status/1397338578502381574?s=20

>> No.5631127

>>5631044
it sounds like it's about to do some heavy-ish changes based on the fact that Mori for once actually admitted it on the stream

>> No.5631309

>>5619468
This is probably the most level headed comment I've read in all of /vt/, thank you for being so objective and clever on your remarks.

>> No.5632620

>>5631127
He's missing an entire mental dot for one.

>> No.5633040

>>5629886
Me

>> No.5633067

>>5592507
>Gura has finalized her character and she is "bottom-heavy"
She's disabled, isn't she?

>> No.5633086

>>5626412
>>5626666
If it makes you feel better, judging by the tutorials, Ame is going to be sitting quiet in the corner the whole time while everyone else organizes with only the occasional "watoto grunts" to remind people that she is still there.

>> No.5633112

>>5633086
So a typical EN collab?

>> No.5633247
File: 697 KB, 2200x1528, 1615946589558.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5633067
only if you consider having a delicious ass a disability.

>> No.5633523 [DELETED] 

Choco...

>> No.5633652

>>5629886
I'm an OWoD fag and I've started to read Hunter the Vigil and it's really damn good. It's a shame Awakening, Forsaken, Requiem and Lost are such conceptual downgrades from their predecessors, but Vigil has gone above and beyond to shit on Reckoning and even outstrip Shih. I'm running a game for a few buddies now based on Dead by Daylight.

>> No.5633655

>>5616842
I'm not gonna change how I answer question to placate your whining. Beast is shit. Forsaken is more fun. Cry about it some more.

>> No.5633742

>>5633655
who gives a fuck about beast? the author is a pedo. Forsaken is shit though and no amount of rhetoric-laden essays will ever claw Forsaken out from being a discount teenage mutant ninja werewolves. Have another sip of Cope-A-Cola on the house, nogame.

>> No.5633748

>>5633652
I like that there's conversion books so you can pick and choose what parts you want to use from both settings. It makes a lot of sense for Hunter too as it's way more immersive to not know what the fuck you're up against when having your preconceptions fucked with by the ST

>> No.5633804

>>5633748
The conversion books are a fucking brilliant idea. It actually makes Demon the Fallen SOMEWHAT playable. Not completely, but somewhat. And it makes it really easy for players new and old to learn about how to play the other splats.

>> No.5633879

>>5633652
>and even outstrip Shih
The only good Hunters in oWoD are from Hunters Hunted(2)

>> No.5633960

>>5633879
Shih are neat and the only Hunters that actually make the supernatural element cool rather than tacked on.

>> No.5633976

>>5633652
I very much felt the same until the 2e books. It's a shame they had to stick so close to oWoD in 1e because it just feels like not!oWoD. No one wants that. 2e really reevaluated the whole line though. So much more distinct and fresh in 2e. Also didn't help that so many people acted like nWoD was supposed to be oWoD because WW shot themselves in the foot marketing things.

>> No.5634020

>>5633742
It's fine that you like WtA more, but you don't have to be a sperg about it. Stop getting upset over games, anon. Just try and keep the thread chill.

>> No.5634413

>>5633976
Continuing to call it World of Darkess was a fucking mistake.
Paradox made the right decision to force the Chronicles of Darkness rename when they bought White Wolf, even if it was in service of reviving oWoD

>> No.5634574

>>5634413
Yeah, it should have always been Chronicles. "New World of Darkness" does not describe it well enough, and it spawned a massive fucking system war. Probably the worst one there ever has been. People complain about system wars for stuff like D&D 4e but nWoD had game stores putting up signs in their windows. Literally saying shit like "We don't play nWoD here!!" in a fucking GAME store. It was a crazy time. Worth it though, I'm of the opinion every CofD game (except maybe Mage in some fluff parts) is just flat out better than the oWoD counterparts. I know it needed nWoD to get to CofD but had CofD as it is released back then and been called CofD I think it would have been much smoother.

>> No.5634975

>>5634574
The thing is that it wasn't called "nWoD". It was just called "WoD".
Like the e1 core book is literally just called "World of Darkness". Both the n,o and c prefixes are purely fanmade.
I also disagree with your assessment of CofD being through the bank better than WoD but lets not get into that.

>> No.5635095

>>5634574
Take >>5634020 's advice and don't sperg about edition warring anon.

>> No.5635304

>>5634975
Oh god, you're right. Been calling it nWoD for so long in my head all the blue books say "New World of Darkness" on the cover. But its THE World of Darkness. Jesus, they made such a mess of that launch.

Also, so long as you're not going to be like the angry "I can't handle other opinions" anon up thread, I'm more than happy to hear what you've got to say on oWoD vs CofD. Not like the thread isn't at bump limit.

>>5635095
They're both me. And I'm not edition warring, I'm literal saying edition wars are stupid. People are allowed opinions, and I'm not saying oWoD is bad. oWoD is great, I just think CofD is better.

>> No.5635377

>>5635304
You've been reiterating it for a while and it's like, dude, we get it. I like CofD too but it's total BM to keep bringing it up.

>> No.5635381

>>5635304
>I'm more than happy to hear what you've got to say on oWoD vs CofD. Not like the thread isn't at bump limit.
Nah it really doesn't belong on this board and i got tired of nogames on /tg/ a long time ago. At the end it comes down to me personally prefering the general setting flavor

>> No.5635458

>>5635381
this. CofD's toolbox thing isn't really all that interesting to me and the lore doesn't quite inspire the same amount of stories as OWoD does. Most of the mechanics are better and more streamlined, which is why I use the conversion guides.

>> No.5636125

>>5635377
I didn't bring it up, some other dude brought it up and I agreed with them about it. The girls are also playing it, hard not to talk about it.

>>5635458
I feel like people oversell the toolboxy nature of the games.

>> No.5636669
File: 3.65 MB, 1125x1474, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5616726
You can find everything here.
>r3br@nd <dot> ly /WOD-CODpt1
>r3br@nd <dot> ly /WOD-CODpt2
>r3br@nd <dot> ly /WOD-CODpt3
replace the "3" with an "e", the "@" with an "a", the "<dot>" with a ".", remove all the spaces and it's case sensitive.

Werewolf games are in pt3. For WtA you've got two general options. You either start with Revised core book or you start with the 20th Anniversary core book. They're basically the same game, 20th has a couple of tweaks but is pretty much just a compilations of Revised material to from a much larger core book. 20th games can really overwhelming because of this. The two book has a 250 page difference. So I'd generally suggest Revised as your starting point, but if you like a table of contents, an index, and a lot more words I'd go with 20th. I'd still give Forsaken 2e a look though, there isn't a reason to choose a game just off of my shitty explanations of them when they're both free to read. There is also a Translation Guide for that can help you port stuff between the two if you find you end up liking Forskaken's mechanics but Apoc's fluff. That's a pretty popular thing to do, although it's a touch more complicated. Either way, hope one of them ends up being really fun for you. If none of them end up being your thing but you kind of like the idea of something else in that setting there are plenty of games for that too. I can give suggestions in the next thread if that ends up happening.

>> No.5636800

>>5633112
Unironically yes but hopefully the nature of TTRPGs will force her to interact more. You kind of have to account for yourself once the action ramps up.

>> No.5637335

>>5634574
Funny that you mention 4e, because I think it had the same problem.
4e is, imo, a great game and probably my favorite edition of DnD, but jesus if someone in marketing just went "This is a pretty big change, maybe we should call it "Dungeons and Dragons: Tactics" or something instead of 4e" I'm sure so much edition warring would've been avoided.

>> No.5637898

>>5637335
4e is a weird game. I know it's not a bad game, but something about it just sort of doesn't draw me in. It feels kinda flat, I guess. I don't have any idea what it is that makes me feel that way either, it just doesn't hook me. 4e at least had the benifit of being a new edition of a game that change a lot in new editions, rather than a whole new game that's a reboot of a game that changes only a little between edition (yet people act like it's a new edition). I love that 4e exists though, especially because I know that without it my favorite RPG, Shadow of the Demon Lord, wouldn't exist. The author of that game worked on 4e a lot, was then on the 5e team from the start, and his experiences with 5e basically lead to him wanting to make his own thing. Which is weirdly similar to CofD now I think about it.

>> No.5638386
File: 103 KB, 872x1034, n_original[sound=files.catbox.moe%2Frf4mdu.mp3].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP next time don't fuck up the tittle

>> No.5639230

New Thread
>>5639218
>>5639218
>>5639218

>> No.5639776

>>5617543
>Wyrm
please, Agartha is waiting for you.

>>
Name