[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 2.23 MB, 1824x847, Fish can't fight.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5295378 No.5295378 [Reply] [Original]

How can someone be this bad at fighting games?
She can barely pass the tutorials.

>> No.5295438

she's not good at fighting games, she deserves to die

>> No.5295462

>>5295378
Fighting games are a garbage dead genre because new players struggle at the fucking tutorial.

>> No.5295490

Lack of intelligence is common in aquatic creatures, please andastad

>> No.5295506

>>5295462
Git gud zoom zoom

>> No.5295551

I think you don't watch many vtubers. They are all bad a games with a few exceptions. They were probably casual players until they started vtubing as a job and the style of their gameplay reflects that.

>> No.5295563

>>5295506
Enjoy your dead lobbies.

>> No.5295604

>>5295563
Enjoy not having friends to play games wuth

>> No.5295650

>>5295462
You seem to be bad at videogames,,,please go back to /v/

>> No.5295663

This game makes no fucking sense. I like the music and the artwork but I really don't see how this is any fun.

>> No.5295745

>>5295378
Very cute and annoying little sister steals your controller and tries to play a game she can't understand

>> No.5295851

>>5295663
>fighting games makes no sense
lmao you just hit the other guy until he loses all health how much more sense do you need?

>> No.5295897

>>5295378
Oh, Guilty Gear is just brutal in general.

This is the easiest one in the series but it's still autistically strict on timing.

>> No.5296008

>>5295663
?
>>5295851
This.

>> No.5296090

>>5295378
Well, she honestly has no idea about what she's doing. What did you expect?

>> No.5296101

>>5295378
Stream is coming to an end.
In 2 hours she barely made it past the "easy" missions.

I hope she sticks with it though.

>> No.5296335

>>5295378
why would she play a fighting game if she didn’t know what she is doing,,,, come on fish....
fighting games also are unironically shit because over the years the “fan base” got so used to ideas like frame perfect guards and escaping combos and shit like that the slkill floor got higher and higher until right now it’s only autistic 35+ years olds left in the so called “community”that just spam maybe 4 character out the big rosters and only win or lose not based on skill but how many meds they are on (really drugs are a big thing in the fgc)
this is coming from someone who used to dedicate my life to it for maybe 15+ years now.
Fish dont play this stinky game!

>> No.5296433

>>5296101
Same
And that she starts playing with viewers so I can completely destroy her like the disgusting noob that she is.
She'd probably get off to it too.

>> No.5296512

>>5295378
She is better than half you shitters already.

>> No.5296947

>>5295378
Never watched someone so terrible streaming GG.
She should just go back to casual games and stop this embarrassment.

>> No.5297134

>>5295378
Beginners

>> No.5297228
File: 913 KB, 1925x1925, 1610238557067.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5295462
Guilty Gear attracting the most new players is such a fucking problem. The game has super strict timing windows and isn't lenient about inputs at all compared to other modern games. They immediately give up because of this. I wish there was a modern game like SF4 that was appealing to noobs with as good as a tutorial as this game has.
Also the fact that Finana isn't actually reading the hints or trying to comprehend what the game is trying to teach her isn't helping.
I knew she was bullshitting when she said she played fighting games in general, the average person doesn't have the drive to get bodied in online for months on end until they cat win some matches. Her whole debut stream was bullshit, she just listed popular shit. She'll never get even halfway decent with her attitude. I think she's actually going to waste 200 bucks on a fight stick thinking it'll make her better too.

>> No.5297774

>>5297228
>she's actually going to waste 200 bucks on a fight stick thinking it'll make her better
yep and ryuguards will pay for it.

>> No.5298040

>>5297774
I just hope she gets a hitbox

>> No.5298351

>>5297228
>she's actually going to waste 200 bucks on a fight stick thinking it'll make her better too.
That could be what shes thinking but she said she had a bit of experience with 3D fighters so maybe shes used one in the past and prefers it. I got a brand new RAP4 for $70 and even though i think im actually worse using it over pad, its a lot more fun

>> No.5298455

>>5295378
You say that when the Holo girls spend 3 minutes trying to pass an iron door on minecraft?

>> No.5298508

>>5298040
Nigger it doesn't matter what the fuck she's playing on. She skipped the stand and crouch block tutorial because she didn't read the text explaining what she was doing and has trouble doing quarter circle motions. If she doesn't learn basic things on pad she's just going to waste her money because an intermediate player could probably double perfect her on a racing wheel controller. She has to put time in learning basic skills before wasting her money. She should probably also move to an more beginner friendly game.
But we all know she's going to waste 200 bucks on a qanba stick and then get double perfected by her fans and never touch the game again.
>>5298351
I'm fucking gold rank in Tekken. Trust me she played those games for a few hours and then gave up. She doesn't understand the 2D basics that also apply to 3D games. Everything she said about 3D games in her debut stream was a fucking lie to pander to people.

>> No.5298520

She was clearly making progress so if she stick to it i would be really happy. She need to stay away from online mode for a while tho

>> No.5298645

>>5297228
Anon, SFIV was way harder than Strive

>> No.5298755

>>5298508
Calm down schizo. Just because shes played them and likes them doesnt mean shes an autist about it like you mister gold rank lmao

>> No.5299160

>>5298645
People like you are insane. You don't need to know how to do 1 frame link optimal combos to beat the average player in online back when SFIV was being player. You can do super easy non optimal combos and do fine. Meanwhile every autist a few months from now will know how to do optimal RC 1 frame combos and all the crazy tight movement tech because that's required to win matches in GG. GG always loses their entire noob player base after launch because of this.
>>5298755
Listen, it doesn't matter what you think. She's not reading the fucking tutorials. She doesn't understand what she's practicing. She won't be able to apply it in a match. She's going to waste 200 bucks on a stick. Get bodied and never touch the game again until the next GG is released. This is basically the entire life cycle of every GG game. It bleeds beginners like crazy. Screenshot it, I'm willing to bet hard cash that's what she's going to do.

>> No.5299785

>>5299160
FADC input-wise is harder than RCs. SF4 also has a stricter combo system, even some veteran players still struggle with the fucking trials in SF4. Guilty Gear is still gatlings and gatlings are infinitely easier to do than links. SF4 combos take more timing and precision to do, even outside of 1-frame links. SF4 also had longer movesets, choice of supers in Ultra. Strive is literally the easiest fighting game in existence outside of novelty games like Divekick and Rising Thunder. Hell I'd argue even Jive has a higher skill ceiling since some pros were doing tight microwalk links and they admit they're difficult to do, I remember watching streams of top level guys struggling to do those advanced shit in Jive. Strive is too basic, shallow and there's no execution at all.

>> No.5301257

>>5299785
Fighting games aren't only combos and offence. Did you see how much trouble she had understanding crouch and stand blocks. Now introduce air dashes, superjumps and jump cancels and all the mixup options that creates. This overwhelms a beginner when they keep eating certain shit and they quickly give up.
In unranked Tekken I face intermediate ranked players that can do optimal incredibly tight bullshit. But they don't know basic defense like ducking certain jab strings and lose to me spamming it over and over attempting to teach them to do it. Concentrating PURELY on how hard combos and other hard execution shit is a fucking noob attitude.
Non animu fighters might have harder execution requirements for optimal shit but they have simpler mechanics, especially when it comes to defense. And there's a bigger player base of noob and intermediate players because of this. You can have gaps in your knowledge and not get absolutely assreamed. You'll lose yes but it won't feel as bad and humiliating, and you'll feel like you're making progress. There's just less shit you have to memorize and practice to not get completely bodied as a complete beginner and you can practice all that optimal shit later down the line. Right now she has trouble with basic movement and defense. And movement and defense is way more autistic in animu games than non animu games period.
You're just concentrating on top level shit that doesn't matter at intermediate levels.

>> No.5302119

>>5301257
I dont even disagree with you, but youre so far up your own ass its amazing. Do you give unsolicited advice to randos at the gym too?

>> No.5303118

>>5302119
No, I have a burning and seething hatred for people that concentrate on nothing but offence and have no idea how to defend because they keep adding me on steam to call my characters cheap and "for scrubs" and then never learn fucking anything. If I can even drill it into one person's skull that basic movement and defense is over 9000 times more important than stupid optimal combo shit, and that there's more nuances to it than just moving your character from point A to point B, I'll die a happy man.
And this thread is specifically about chuubas and how they should be learning fighting games. How is it unsolicited. I just gave my opinion like other people did and my personal experience of seeing people giving up on fighting games because of its autistic movement options.

>> No.5303346

This is why girls don't play fighting games.

>> No.5304767
File: 1.25 MB, 627x1818, salmon pink.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5303346
they do, though. pic related is a professional tekken player.

>> No.5305252

>>5295378
fuck you faggot leave my masochistic exhibitionist fish princess alone

>> No.5307415

the total nonstop autism on display itt is why noobs don't stick around fightan gaems much past release

>> No.5307528

>>5304767
I can count the number of female players of fighting games with my hands but can count the number of greasy autism neckbeard virgins using grains of sand on the beach.
Fix yourselves.

>> No.5308288

>>5307528
sure, there's a lot of people who look like you who play fighting games but there are girls there too. but just like every other video game genre that isn't utterly casual, men outnumber women. this becomes even more pronounced when things get competitive, which is the realm fighting games dwell in.

>> No.5309592

>>5298508
Why are you so mad bro

>> No.5311378

>>5295378
Fighting games are really hard to learn.
I'm sure I would be dog shit and look like a god damn fool if I tried to learn how to play an RTS with zero experience, all while trying to stream.

>> No.5312280

>>5298508
Based fighting game autist

>> No.5312745
File: 371 KB, 553x677, 1624073009967.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>5298508
how the fuck are those quarter circles and zigzags reliably done?

>> No.5313173

>>5312745
I never had trouble doing quarter circle motions on gamepad, stick or hitbox. But Guilty Gear (and every other arcsys game really) tends to be really finicky about inputs, more than any other modern fighting game and I might sometimes get a DP (zigzag motion) instead of a quarter circle motion when playing on pad.
DP motions aren't hard on stick or hitbox. But on gamepad it really depends on the game. They're easy in modern capcom games because they mostly accept any input that involves mashing down, downforward and forward as long as you end in downforward. Guilty Gear doesn't, I have no advice besides practicing until you find a way to be consistent.
Really, that's another reason that arcsys games are really bad games for beginners and keep dying. They're the only company that have yet to implement some kind of shortcut motions to have inputs be more lenient on gamepad.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action