[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 246 KB, 424x387, 1630377476411.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
32159979 No.32159979 [Reply] [Original]

Why don't the holos just come out and tell people that they want to be normal streamers, split this parasocial nonsense and tell them that they are donating to normal streamers instead of idols? Because this goes against their grift.

>> No.32160166

>>32159979
If it's true that unicorns don't hold any power or are the loud minority why aren't they openly mocked and ridiculed by the creator? if they hold no power why are they not expelled from the community? Becase deep down they are the ones who put you where you are, remember your fucking place and learn that ridiculing the audience that put you where you are will just keep bringing these people to go after you harder and it's righteously applied. For being emotional grifters

>> No.32160473

>>32159979
You know "normal streamers" operate on people becoming parasocially attached to them right? That isn't something unique to Hololive or idols or vtubers or even female streamers. There are dudes that sit there donating to big male streamers who think they are really cool guys and imagine that they are like their friend and wish they were them. That's a parasocial relationship just as much as anon on this board imagining Mumei is his girlfriend or whatever.

>> No.32160661 [DELETED] 

>>32159979
>Why don't the holos just come out and tell people that they want to be normal streamers
BIG MISTAKE for an idol based company to undergo Nijification, Because it's AGAINST their target audience.
Imagine you join a Pokemon group just to find out they suddenly turning into Digimon group.
But it will be fine after the reformation is completed.

It's fine for Nijisanji or Vshojo because their audience are cucks (or whatever you call this)

>> No.32160881

>>32159979
>Idols = fostering parasocial relationships.
You cucks aren't even trying anymore.

>> No.32161153

>>32160166
>If it's true that unicorns don't hold any power or are the loud minority why aren't they openly mocked and ridiculed by the creator?
Because it's rude. They have to be more subtle like when Kronii called you guys maidenless.

>> No.32161191

>>32159979
they want to have their cake and eat it too, just typical women behavior. It's not enough that they're making high 6 figures basically fucking around and pretending to be an anime character, playing games like maybe a few times a week while conforming to rules set to them by the corporation they work for (which isn't even that strict), they still want more. As a man, I honestly would love such a golden opportunity to live comfy by just playing games and chatting and raking in enough money to support my entire extended family for life, female big corpo vtubers really take things for granted and this will always be the one thing I hate about these big name vtubers that end up starting some drama that eventually destroys them because they aren't satisfied with living in extreme luxury and comfort

>> No.32161270

>>32159979
Because they love money, just like we do

>> No.32161381

>>32161191
>As a man, I honestly would love such a golden opportunity to live comfy by just playing games and chatting and raking in enough money to support my entire extended family for life,
You too can have this? Do you not see Luxiem boys making millions a year in superchat alone?

>> No.32161975

>>32159979
>>32160166
bro your name field

>> No.32162840

>>32161381
>Sell your soul to zhang pander and fujofanservice to play some gacha games and the flavor of the month streamer game.
That looks like hell instead of a gamer paradise.

>> No.32163131

>>32160881
NTA but he's not wrong. Idols have a bunch of different attributes that aren't just muh seiso. Why do idols have meetups and handshaking events? Why do you get rewards for buying their merch? Idols are all about cultivating parasocial relationships as a business model, it doesn't go agaisnt the normal girls trying to be stars element in is how they make their money.

>> No.32163738

>>32163131
Regular streamers do all that stuff too though. They do fan meets at twitchcon or whatever, they sell their merch. Most online content creation where you as the person are at the forefront of the content is about creating a parasocial relationship.

>> No.32164132

>>32160473
That's kind of the point. This hyper-awareness of parasociality is just causing unnecessary conflict.

>> No.32164832

>>32161153
>being so subtle you spend most of your time insulting your entire "good" fanbase and then throw one minor jab to your haters at the end
Yeah, that worked out great. Other Holos don't feel the need to dance around this subject and just deal with it explicitly and move on.

>> No.32164976

>>32159979
>they want to be normal streamers
But holos are market as vtuber celebrities and not your average normal streamer.
The career of a holo is a promise of growth as a streamer, singer, content creator, etc. not just some random vblog of a person.

>> No.32165196

>>32160473
Normal streamers also tell off parasocial simps all the time. Not just girls, but also guys. That said, the one time I’ve seen a male fleshtuber (Ludwig) tell his audience “I am not your friend. You’re like a guest in someone’s house during a stream, and if you’re annoying, the host can kick you out just for not wanting you around.” That said, the context was him explaining why getting banned from his girlfriend’s chat was grounds for getting banned from his chat too if they were saying gross shit to her.
I don’t find vtubers shitting on parasocial unicorns if they go too far to be bad at all. I do find the fact that some vtubers act as if they think most or all vtuber fans are like this irritating though

>> No.32165580

>>32165196
>I don’t find vtubers shitting on parasocial unicorns if they go too far to be bad at all.
You didn't pay attention to what happened to Vox, he immediately backtracked when he saw his chink fans abandon him.
You either pander to unicorns or you accept that you won't be living lavishly anymore.

>> No.32166360

Parasocial relationships have no issue with them anymore than knowing the name of a cashier at your family mart and saying hi. But some people and especially streamers (and unironically their more parasocial viewers) go to the extreme and point out people who abuse parasocial relationships as the norm despite being untrue

>> No.32167997

>>32159979
Because that would leave Gura in a tough spot since she's the only one that dabbles in GFE and unicorn pandering.

>> No.32169155

>>32167997
Gura just want to be an idol
All detractors should just move to vshojo

>> No.32169256

More importantly, why do retards keep forgetting that pretending you're friends with a male vtuber is also a parasocial relationship?

>> No.32169305

>>32167997
Gura went to hololive to become a idol and see CGDCT so she is being true to herself

>> No.32169622

>>32166360
It's worse because the original concept was more specifically about unambiguously inexistent relationships. Like between fictional characters or Walter kronkite or something. A lot of extremely online creators have genuine a ( if hugely asymmetrical) relationship to their fans.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action