[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 198 KB, 1010x682, 1634392125554.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
27291772 No.27291772 [Reply] [Original]

I need you all to understand, all you newfags, that the orange woman used to be based as fuck. Go watch some of the old Asacocos, I think she started subbing them in April. They were funny as hell, featured a ton of Holos who otherwise had no exposure, and were well made.

She was great for getting together collabs, she was the highest earning and fastest growing Holo, and she genuinely cared and looked out for the others. The Holohouse was the greatest idea ever, those early streams of her and Kanata discussing what they would do, and then when Comet joined, hype meters went through the roof. She did English quizzes with Haachama which are some of the greatest Holo collabs to date IMO. She did the hair removal streams. She made dirty jokes and got Holos that were usually super stiff to loosen up and be comfortable. She read every single superchat and made that a thing. The blue flushing superchats are also from her.

She healed Watame of numberfagging. She talked to Aqua after smash autists went crazy. Her 3D reveal was unlike any before or after it, it was a fucking event, and entertaining as hell. And she blew the fuck out of China and rid us of that goddamn bugman branch

And yes, in the end all she could do were the Reddit reviews and they were fucking terrible and I hated them and I've never been able to sit through even a full clip of one. But you have to understand, that's not her fault. It's management. Management and youtube. Without her, there would not be an EN branch or at least not as you know it, she showed there was an EN base out there hungry for Holos. Without her, the ENs you love so much wouldn't have tried to be Vtubers, you'd have some generic twitch whores.

Coco was the pillar's pillar. She talked Marine and Haachama down from graduating when they despaired over her leaving. Fubuki was ride or die for Coco. Holohouse was an oasis of safety in an otherwise lonely megacity for country bumpkin introvert autistic Holos making the long trek in like Aqua and Rushia, a tradition that Noel and others now carry on. I am even convinced that had Coco been there, Rushia would not have graduated as she would have been there to talk her down.

I guess this wall of text is just to say that I know it seems hard to understand who Coco was and what she meant to people. It's been a year since she graduated, and anyone who has joined since then might not understand what she was. Not to mention there are always a bunch of revisionists trying to change the narrative, either seething Chinks or mentally ill SEAnigger prudes. But Coco was special. She really was. I love and miss that bitch so much.

>> No.27291857
File: 232 KB, 500x1589, 3721.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Agreed, reddit meme review is peak hololive content

>> No.27291924
File: 274 KB, 506x567, 1611269070439.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>27291772
This but for Artia.

>> No.27292068

>>27291772
Letting her go is cover's biggest mistake ever. If only another corpo recruit her and she do her miracle again.

>> No.27292318
File: 3.04 MB, 10000x10000, the eternal saviorfag.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.27293155

>>27291772
Reddit dragon was pretty based. Her content never really appealed to me but the things she did for hololive and its members made me respect her like no other.

>> No.27293373

I MISS THIS BITCH
Kson is not really inspired like when she was coco
Just guessing but I think she still have a job at clover, shes rich as fuck

>> No.27293435

>>27291857
Fpbp

>> No.27293437

>>27291772
Don’t care, orange dragon bad

>> No.27293479

>>27291772
So sad that she had to die of Chinkgma...

>> No.27293589

asacoco was good
Dropped her after she started meme reviews
Weird how she went from really well prepared content to the laziest shit ever.

>> No.27293635
File: 32 KB, 357x524, 1648714536806.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Coco was basically Hololive's counselor/therapist because the managers were too fucking garbage to do anything themselves. That crazy bitch kept all the other crazy bitches in check and told them how to quit being so fucking Japanese so they don't stress out as much or potentially harm themselves. Literally saved some of the girls by giving them unironic American wisdom, it's kind of incredible actually.

The reddit meme shit was definitely bad for sure, but she was close to eventually quitting around that time anyways so whatever. Now she just does whatever and collabs with whoever the fuck she wants without issues.

>> No.27293980

>>27293589
Why bother preparing stuff when it's going to get shot down?

>> No.27294175

>talked Marine down from graduating
not quite, Coco was asleep and tired from post-grad, Kanata was the one who talked her down. marine went home after that, with coco still sleeping

>talked haachama down from graduating
mmmmmmm the haachama thing was also a silly thing where they all just had a normal lunch together earlier this year, and from that very mundane lunch, no deep conversation, haachama just had an epiphany all on her own about how Coco doesn't have any weird negative feelings towards her regarding the China blowback, so that's when Haachama got back into the groove of wanting to continue her work staying with hololive again

besides that, yes i remember everything you said. no worries anon, some of us were there the entire way just like me. there might not be any revelatory new content nowadays, but she's still a paragon today as an independent and I love her very much for it, she is still making new friends, still shining among in collabs, trying new things little by little, and restoring the things she's lost (e.g. having an anime 3D body).

and of course I'll follow her to the ends of the Earth, and support every decision she makes on how she decides to move forward with her new channel.

the ARK streams will still go on the second monitor though...

>> No.27294183

>>27291772
I went to go back and rewatch her 3D debut and it made me cry so much. The world is so unfair.

>> No.27294297

>>27291857
go back

>> No.27294755

>>27291772
She is a reminder that Chinks are truly a disease to humanity. I miss her too, hololive is just not the same since she graduated. I will never forgive those subhuman Chinks.

>> No.27294784
File: 462 KB, 800x800, 1654705050594.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>27294297
Go back where?

>> No.27294791

>>27293635
I agree with this take. The woman was in the company for only like a year and a half (and also was almost bottom of the list in solo content audience),
Her collab content triumphing and her being the therapist for over half the holos says more about their creativity and mental state than hers. A sane mature person in a world of fragile mentally ill people.
What i can't deny is she was great at establishing her own unique niche style and brand, there was no one (that i know of) doing things in a similar style to her.
She also was the prime saviourfag; all the connections she established helped a lot of members who were completely clueless to make themselves known (despite the company buff),
doing what would forge the hololive box thing when people watch whoever is streaming in the company instead of just following a single holo, which is a huge net positive for all.
And although reddit meme review was cringe capital, i'm a bit grateful for her to make some holomems step outside their box and have them interact with the overseas fanbase over the language barrier in the peak EOP pandering days. That was fun and felt like a bridge between two fanbases.
Overrall, a great team player.

>> No.27294797

>>27291772
THE LEGEND OF LEGEND OF LEGEND OF LEGEND
based

>> No.27295120

>>27291772
Link me asacoco

>> No.27295159

Well yeah she started the push for vshojo collabs, shes a legend!

>> No.27295742

Raid
Back to your discord tatsukeks.

>> No.27295971
File: 302 KB, 600x648, 5af.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I miss Coco a lot, her Meme Reviews were one the most entertaining streams I've ever watched.

She made Hololive what it is today by getting into trouble with management so that talents could have more freedom and less shackles, being basically a mom to the other talents by always helping them to deal with their problems and feel more confident and being responsible for the creation of the EN branch and the expansion of Hololive brand in the overseas.

I wonder what would have happened if she didn't graduate. Since she was the therapist at Hololive, she was a very big pillar that was broken, and we can cleary see the effects of her absence left like it happened with Rushia's situation, maybe Coco could help Rushia and prevented her from doing what she did by calming her down. She could also help Gura with God knows what is going on with her behind the scenes and the reason why she haven't been motivated to stream.

I wonder how would be her interactions with IRyS and Council, IRyS and Coco would be great friends. If Coco was still around, she could offer emotional support to IRyS with her problems and have a great chemistry together.

I wish there were other talents Coco her but that will never happen, she was one of a kind.

>> No.27296416

>>27291772
Hero among Heroes
Legend of Legends
The literal Jesus Christ of Vtubing
See you in 499 years, my Eternal Kaichou.

>>27295971
If she didn't graduate we'll be seeing a lot more JP-EN unity collabs. Current Hololive's branches are isolated, overregulated ghettoes

>> No.27296985 [DELETED] 

>>27296416
Facts. JP-EN collabs rarely happen since Coco left and when they happen usually Kiara, IRyS, Calli or Bae are involved. We don't have other EN members collabing with JP and that's really sad. The only collabs with another branch that happens are with ID and it's because everyone there speaks english except for Kobo. We need someone like Coco to organize more collabs with JP, they're too isolated from the other brances. I wonder what's stopping EN and ID from doing more collabs with JP.

>> No.27297061

>>27296416
Facts. JP-EN collabs rarely happen since Coco left and when they happen usually Kiara, IRyS, Calli or Bae are involved. We don't have other EN members collabing with JP and that's really sad. The only collabs with another branch that happens are with ID and it's because everyone there speaks english except for Kobo. We need someone like Coco to organize more collabs with JP, they're too isolated from the other brances. I wonder what's stopping EN and ID from doing more collabs with JP.

>> No.27297204

>>27291772
Absolutely based man.
I do think oldfags outnumber newfags in the current state of the hobby though, but in the future this knowledge will be important to carry forward.

>> No.27297236

>>27291772
No watch Eilene instead.

>> No.27297292

>>27295120
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y8cEnbk1I4&list=PLw58RgSzDmjr7hbo0zrfaQ027uMc6WHfO

>> No.27297346

>>27291772
>reddit meme reviews are not her fault
>proceeds to do it after graduating as Kson
Yeah, fuck off back to /r/eddit. Rewriting history and trying to make her seem like some kind of Jesus is pathetic.
>muh EN branch
And look at the state of it now. Lazy and not streaming. Thanks Coco for the freeloaders leeching.

>> No.27297361

>>27293980
Management eternally proves to be the greatest enemy

>> No.27297381
File: 606 KB, 989x559, m.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Man...

>> No.27297389

>>27291772
retard nigger rushia hasn't graduated she got sacked those are two different shit

>> No.27299079

>>27293589
asacoco got banned though

>> No.27299108

>>27294755
there was a chinese vtuber on bilibili that made a video crying about coco graduating, and her channel got shut down, and later shit had to make a statement about how she loves the ccp

>> No.27299127

>>27295742
>>27295159
back to nga zhang.
coco wanted melody to collab before Vshojo was even created, she was indie at the time.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action