[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vt/ - Virtual Youtubers

View post   

File: 31 KB, 370x515, wotakoi-key-image-370x515.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17236572 No.17236572 [Reply] [Original]

Hello /vt/, I will start managing an indie vtuber group and I need your opinions.

What do you like/dislike about western vtubers?

What practices you dislike from vtuber companies?

Don't worry, I'm not gonna shill or reveal who I am working with, I just want to use this information to improve the product as I am investing both time and money into this.

>> No.17236599
File: 43 KB, 236x300, smile.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

*cums on you

>> No.17236638

>>17236572
No feedback.

>> No.17236680
File: 24 KB, 890x653, 1637532537653.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ban any male interaction with the girls
don't let girls shit on their fans
simple as

>> No.17236764

>>17236572
>What do you like/dislike about western vtubers?
I greatly dislike the fact that they are westerners
>What practices you dislike from vtuber companies?
I absolutely cannot stand companies that block collabs, suspend innocent chuubas, or force streams and projects between members that have zero synergy together

>> No.17236847

inb4 leanposting

>> No.17237041

do not hire anyone under 30 because they will not have any personality beyond making "funny" voices and talking about memes they saw

>> No.17237102

>>17236572
>Don't worry, I'm not gonna shill or reveal who I am working with
I mean yeah, if your situation was real (and it isn't) they'd fire your ass for pandering to this schizo infested shithole.
That being said >>17237041 gave the best advise that could be given.

>> No.17237579

>>17237102
OP here, I'm asking other websites too, and I don't know why you think this is so incredible, anyone and their mothers can make a vtuber nowdays, even with zero costs, not that I'd recommend it.

>>17236599
Noted, adding to our recruitment form.

>> No.17242294

Niche games are good for building a niche audience, but not good for growing large

>> No.17242449

>an indie vtuber group
how can i join?

>> No.17242560
File: 129 KB, 1125x1115, 1624755342044.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I hate zoomers. It always devolves into similar game choices. Hire someone from the Silent Generation.

>> No.17242629

>>17236572
don't leech off bigger chuubas
don't hire mentally ill hikineets
don't let them base their entire personality around sex
don't let them interact with vshojo

>> No.17242659

>>17236572
Hello Cover intern, please tard wrangle mori. Good job though on hiring cunny for purple cunny.

>> No.17242680
File: 221 KB, 705x585, 1612828980915.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17236572
Don't hire menheras, dramawhores, or anybody who wants to pander to /here/
Tell your girls to make lots of shorts for the algorithm, but don't let them do shit like the attached pic even if it does get views
Tell your girls to actually do their Twitter reps
Go ask /ppg/ what they don't like about their management and they'll give you a good primer of what not to do

>> No.17243248

>>17236572
I don't watch western vtubers because a big reason I watch vtubers is to help me learn japanese.

As for the second question I don't know what I specifically dislike but my advice in general would be hire people with experience and talent who know how to entertain and let them be a part of the character creation process, Don't just hire some streamers because they have a bit of an audience, hand them a model and leave them to it. Also look for people who want to do more than just stream games, or if that's all they're going to do make sure you have a good variety of game tastes between your talent.
I guess a big thing is deciding who you want your audience to be, do you want a more normie vshoujo audience or do you want people more genuinely interested in vtubers and japanese culture, you'd want to hire very differently depending on which you want to target

>> No.17243423

>>17236572
They're not Japanese

Hiring Western whores

>> No.17244235
File: 83 KB, 795x697, C2qC7rQXcAIZi2R.jpg large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17236572
This thread still has a bit of potential
You are there to support the girls and if you do your job well we shouldn't even know you're here. You are not Yagoo, you are not even A-Chan, and nothing turns me off a corpo more than attention seeking from their founders/staff at the expense of the girls. Even Hololive goes too far, especially with the Omega tranny.
Secondly, you need to actually help these girls, especially with tech issues. You can tell when a chuuba is struggling and not getting the help she needs from management, it will leak out into their streams. It's much better for them to have one or two mods in chat who will tell them that their audio or video quality's off instead of having to tune it according to random posts in their chat.
Personally I find Tsunderia as a great model for small corps in that they create an environment where the girls have ample opportunities to colab, but most of them are more than happy streaming solo for their audiences. Don't get me wrong, a community that feels like a real group of friends is a massive boost for any vtuber whether corporate or indie, but I would be hesitant at hiring too many personal friends who want to stream together all the time.
Niji EN in particular has way too many impromptu colabs for my liking, same with Holo EN after the inclusion of Council. It's one of the things I dislike the most about Western vtubing because frankly I'm a picky watcher and will follow the girls that I watch for THEIR content. Something like a 6+ member discord party twice a week has no appeal to me, spare it for the special occasions.

>> No.17248638

>>17236572
I like different cultures and smart western streamer with actual hobby and skill. I don't like vtuber who bring her personal issue on stream. I also don't like chink gook and seamonkey
What practices you dislike from vtuber companies?
Forcing vtuber to make audience pay, forcing vtuber to gain number at all cost, throwing vtuber under the bus for management incompentent, forcing vtuber to change her voice

>> No.17248912

No western artist, doesn't matter if it's shit or high quality all western art is garbage, even Tenma is better than anything else anyone in the US can make

>> No.17249588
File: 76 KB, 500x700, onnanokosuwari2016021215-500x700.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17236572
I like vtubers that fart a lot, loud and stinky.

Every stream should sound like this:
BRAP
BRABRAP
BRRRRRRAP
BRAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAP
BRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP
BRAP BRAP
BRAP

Then she should proceed to describe in great detail the fragrance of the fart.

>> No.17249808

recruit prostitutes as vtubers and then have the simps bid for her pootang on a weekly basis

>> No.17251960

>>17242560
Wtf he's built like a mutant ninja turtle

>> No.17252589

I like co-ed collabs, because it doesn’t feel like a boys/girls only club which excludes people for things they can’t change without expensive drugs and surgeries.

Make being an “idol” nowhere near a top priority, because with that comes unicorns and dogshit rules to punish people for being human. If the chuubas are funny or entertaining in a way that isn’t meant to exclusively tug at my pants, I’ll sub or donate.

>> No.17252876

>>17236572
>What do you dislike about western vtubers?
social justice bullshit, real life bullshit, other drama and attention seeking bullshit. i avoid western vtubers like the plague. I only follow my friends for support, and now Luxiem because we FINALLY get some english speaking VTubers by a company. Took them fucking long enough.

>What do you like about western vtubers?
Other than speaking english, nothing. Fuck western vtubers (except for Luxiem). they get into it just to cause drama and post their shit opinions on twitter.

Too many collabs, not enough merch. I really love Luxiem and im so thankful that there's finally some male tubers out there but they're getting drowned out by the endless collabs. They just got started but i feel like nearly all of their streams are collabs instead of showing me what's special about each of the characters. more solo streams and if you're gonna have a collab, have it be within the same group/wave at least. Also I like buying merch, have a nice fancy booth at a convention like AnimeNYC did for hololive. and put some effort into the merch, dont just make generic acrylic standees. make hats and bags or something. cost doesnt matter, weebs have money. look at love live fans for proof.

>>17243248 and >>17244235 also have good advice

>> No.17252990

>>17252876
*finally get some MALE english speaking VTubers by a company

>> No.17253331

>>17236572

1. Dumbing down content
2. Branding that caters to actual kids

>> No.17253485
File: 109 KB, 800x676, marimite.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17236572
My theory is that chuuba watchers just want to watch live anime characters, that's it.

So it's important to decide what genre the chuuba will be sets it. Yuri? Shoujo? Shonen? For example hololive is sets as a yuri idol anime imho, so that's why there was lots of backlash when conner came into the picture, its like someone forcing a shonnen character into a yuri anime.

My 2 cents

>> No.17257020

>>17252589
Kill yourself tranny. Even over the internet women will always cringe at the sound of your deep voice doing a poor muppet impression. Even under an avatar you will never pass for a real woman.

>> No.17257177
File: 22 KB, 320x180, mqdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17253485
Imagine being a livecuck.

>> No.17257272

I'd like a lot more openly Christian vtubers. Many vtubers are afraid of being openly Christian because of corpo rules or go completely schizo because they're indie and have no manager to keep them grounded. Also one major problem with corpos is that none of them will hire me. Please, I need a job.

>> No.17258727

>>17236572
there's some sound advices dropped in this thread. for me personally I just would like to add that getting serious about the games you actually play is kinda important. It's not a sin to open "wikis" or watch a Gameplay Tips video and acknowledge the fact during livestreams, especially FOR Roguelite games or Sandbox games that isn't linear (Terraria). It shows passion, and I personally think it reduces backseating even though I know chat should behave and vtubers are maybe too busy to do this shit. It's more enjoyable to watch someone be decent at games. But there's no need to act "blind" for games. if anything, one thing I'd like to see more from vtubers is them making polls that say:
>"I've played ______ before but I love it so much, would you guys like to watch a stream of me playing it and experience it together with me?".
If the viewers are fine with it, go for it.

related to point above about chat, for the love of gods PLEASE have MODS on livestreams. I know as indies you might have less money but later down the line, antis and annoying people will exist, sometimes suddenly. You need proper infrastructure to deal with it. We don't want a Coco-Situation 2.0, it's a shame to the community how bad that was handled. If you can't hire that many mods, then don't release so many talents. Having more talents doesn't necessarily translate to more money in my opinion, and overlapping stream times means there's less mods available to go around. but maybe I just don't know about the business.

>> No.17259004

>>17236572
Copy what VShojo did and bring somewhat successful 3view indies together to merge their fanbases and grow. Twitch is the most optimal site for streaming and you can start a YouTube channel for further growth and profit.

If they're unintersting or can't make me diamonds or spams boring games.

Taking a big cut of profit from what chuuba earns.

>> No.17259011
File: 921 KB, 280x256, 1634972415358.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You'd be retarded to consider any opinion provided on this schizophrenic hate-fest of a board
You might as well ask this on lolcow and kiwifarms at this point

>> No.17259161
File: 145 KB, 993x675, veisoda.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17259011
This. /vt/ is a toilet. You're suppose to piss and shit in it.

>> No.17259170

>>17259011
>inb4 they seriously do it.

OP did already say they're asking in other websites too (>>17237579)
it doesn't hurt to have additional opinions if they have enough braincells to sift through the shit.

>> No.17259232

>>17257272
I would definitely watch an openly religious noel-like paladin that take the crusade super serious and recites bible passage to calm herself.

>> No.17259607
File: 52 KB, 520x1157, FJ_WbY7aMAA-hDS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17236572
SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER SHOTA VTUBER UUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>> No.17259769

>>17236572
Try to discuss and help your chuubas arrange event streams and larger collabs. It often feels like even Holomem are left on their own. Also as a previous poster has stated, try to encourage other types of content than vidya. A good example is Millie from NijiEN who has done streams that really engages her audience. Those streams often reaches 3x her average ccv.

>> No.17259941
File: 803 KB, 3500x1976, 1643259085026.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17259607
THISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

>> No.17260985

If you're planning on doing YouTube ads to give the girls exposure, try making a funny short clip instead of doing some shitty showcase like I always see whenever I get an ad for some chuuba's channel.

>> No.17267187

>>17236572
Check out the small corpo Project Hikayat. DO NOT do whatever they're doing; they're a good example of bad mistakes

>> No.17267281

>>17253485
>My theory is that chuuba watchers just want to watch live anime characters, that's it.

>So it's important to decide what genre the chuuba will be sets it. Yuri? Shoujo? Shonen? For example hololive is sets as a yuri idol anime imho, so that's why there was lots of backlash when conner came into the picture, its like someone forcing a shonnen character into a yuri anime.

The takeaway from this sounds like, "make chuubas be the embodiment of crossover media like Project X Zone" to smooth things over.

>>
Name
Subject
Comment
Action