[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 1.41 MB, 1634x2316, MegaMX2Promo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.8231001 [Reply] [Original]

In the MMX series, do you feel like the games try to make the point about the Mavericks not being the bad guys? I kind of feel bad killing all of them aside from Sigma and his personal goons. Also X1 > X2 > X4 > X3

>> No.8231023

>>8231001
Even in the first game I felt they did this with the cast roll at the end of the game - the way that each defeated Reploid sprite suddenly disappears followed by a delay before their name disappears letter by letter gave it a certain emotional weight that their presentation wouldn't have had, had everything just vanished at once. The regular Mechaniloid names just scroll past with little fanfare.

>> No.8231029

>>8231001
yes

>> No.8231065

they're either manipulated by a virus or cucked by political manuevering. in x4 and x8 they were genuinely good people that made some poor decisions
x6 is kind of interesting too because most of the mavericks there survived attempted murder by the state for knowing too much. if anything counts as justified rebellion that would be it

>> No.8231103

>>8231001
For the most part they were just reploids with flawed programming or corrupted as a result of the zero/sigma virus. They didn't have free will so it was the acting in a manner contrary to their programming that caused them to be labeled maverick. So technically they aren't bad per se, just corrupt and therefore dangerous.
Which is a key point when you juxtapose it with what 'X' is - the OG reploid with legitimate free will. The idea that he could "choose" to go maverick at any time created internal conflict within X.
Even Sigma and the other Maverick hunters, despite being closely based off of X's design, we're strong and resistant to the zero virus, but not strong enough to prevent it from evolving its code and causing Sigma and co. to go Maverick.

At least until X8 anyway- where the copy chip allows reploids to go maverick at will as a result of embedded Sigma code in the chip. Those guys are assholes and deserve a fully charged X buster to the face.

>> No.8231182

The mavericks were never evil to me. They just wanted independence. The wily/zero virus increases robot aggression, when merged with sigma's intellect it turned into a revolutionary idea virus that spread all over the reploids. They just dont want to be humanity's slaves anymore and evolve independently. Took X until X8 to question the morality of what hes doing.

No wonder MMZ starts with the tyrant copy X oppressing the shit out of reploids in the name of humanity to the point organized resistance was formed. They were literally throwing reploids into trash compactors to be crushed. Shit was so fucked up they resurrected zero in order to clean up the mess.

>> No.8231185

>>8231065
Yeah. X6 was interesting. Alia's narration is full of details that are easy to miss. Reploids being disposed of.

>> No.8231209

X1 chads rise up

>> No.8231331

>>8231065
Actually the poor fucks got killed and got revived with their personalities intact because Wily under the guise of Isoc was there to assist Gate. Many were killed by Alia in fact, like Blizzard Wolfang

>> No.8231372

>>8231001
X3 > X1 > X2 > X4. The Mavericks never feel like they ever had souls or personalities, so I don't feel bad. I know Dragoon changes after you kill him and stuff, but still.

>> No.8231376

>>8231209
>basic bitches RISE UP

>> No.8231674

>>8231331
Wait, ALIA killed them? The goddamn navigator murdered those fucking mavericks?

>> No.8231728

>>8231001
I feel like they were kinda going for this but it wasn't implemented very well. The mavericks in the first game are all basically X's coworkers that went crazy and started fucking shit up so it's no wonder the guy doesn't like fighting. It's just that the games are so light on the story and as a player you don't really have any reason to see them as anything other than a boss to defeat so that angle doesn't really work out.

>> No.8232237

>>8231001
Never felt it. But it did look from X4 ownwards that they were trying to be like "there is no black and white, only nuances of gray" bullshit. Most likely in the previous games as well, but you'd have to read the manuals for that I guess, the games themselves were really light on story telling.

>> No.8232360

>>8231674
>Alia: Blizzard Wolfang. An ex-investigator of the North Pole area. One day, his team members were attacked by Mavericks. Although Wolfang was able to defeat the Mavericks, his team members were annihilated... Researchers who oppose Gate schemed to dispose of Wolfang and took advantage of the incident... They made it look like an accident, Wolfang was thrown into the cold sea... ... I did it! But I was deceived into doing it...
>Alia: Ground Scaravich. An ex-treasure hunter. He was devoted to the research on an ancient site. He also had lots of research data on ancient robots. Gate took care of Scaravich in exchange for the ancient data. Gate improved his knowledge from him. Then Gate had him go to a forbidden area. It was the place you were both discovered. I saw Scaravich enter the place... I felt bad, but I disposed him. Gate didn't seem to care... I didn't want to remember this...

>> No.8232382

>>8231185
Most of that owing to the bad translation that mangled up details like Scaravitch finding X's discovery site as the reason he was terminated.

>> No.8232383

>>8232360
Interestingly in the Japanese dialogue, Scaravich mentioned he found "others/other stuff similar to X and Zero". Had the series not changed writers byet again after X6 I wonder where this would've led to (although a popular theory is that this was foreshadowing for Axl, Rockman X7 had been confirmed by the director shortly after the release of X6 and Red did find Axl in another underground lab like X and Zero)

>> No.8232394

>>8232382
Yeah, the mangled English translations and lack of outside information in English like the Chou Hyakka books made it imposible for fans at the time to know this, but in-Universe X being an ancient robot is supposed to be a state secret and something not even X knew prior to a certain point, hence Light to him just being "the capsule doctor who helps him". Only Sigma and another high ranks like Signas knew of X and Zero's origin

>> No.8232436

>>8231001
In X1, they all seem to have done it for free will, loyalty or coerced to. X2 and X3 were infected by the virus, X4 it's when it became gray again because Split Mushroom using the Biolab Tower to send phoney radio communications and Cyber Peacock sending fake data led to red herring fake orders like destroying a city for no reason or building a space station with a giant laser (and a cartoony skull, Wily's calling card).

X6 they're not Mavericks, they're not infected nor malfunctioned, they're doing it out of loyalty to Gate (except Heatnix, he's just an asshole).

X7 they're malfunctioning and X8 they're doing it out of free will but seem to be hive minded.

>> No.8232445
File: 92 KB, 177x255, 1480926634557.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>8231001
>do you feel like the games try to make the point about the Mavericks not being the bad guys?
X4 puts a very big question mark on what is grounds for branding a reploid as a Maverick. The Repliforce felt threatened and tried posturing against the Hunters as to prove their innocence. X5's reploids are almost entirely corrupted against their will by the virus. X6's reploids are mostly innocent as well, but Gate blackmailed them back from the grave to do his bidding. Some Reploids in X8 refused to be decommissioned out of spite for the Jakob space elevator and the New Reploids basically making them obsolete.

>> No.8232534

>>8231001
This might come across as pedantic but Maverick shouldn't be interchangeable with "boss character" since the term wss supposed to refer to robots that began acting violently and attacking others due to malfunction (hence the Japanese name Irregular), the government in-Universe began using it as a Red Scare term in X4, basically going "Repliforce are malfunctioning, all of it, the entire army."

>> No.8232557

I wonder what would Sigma do if he was suddenly cured from the virus and realized how much shit he did to everyone. He' d probably went nuts again instantly.

>> No.8232575

>>8231001
Antagonist does not mean irredeemable shitbag.

>> No.8232585

>>8232557
Sigma seemed to hate humans from the beginning. The Maverick virus only makes Reploids act independently of their assigned tasks and turn violent when challenged. When acting independently makes a Reploid hate humans specifically (like Sigma), it seems very different than going Maverick out of a normal malfunction and just hate everything equally (like Vile). Most other Mavericks seem to attack whatever they feel like, and some hate the Hunters. Sigma, however, specifically wants to nuke humanity so that they'll stop dragging Reploids back.

>> No.8232631

>>8232557
If I recall correctly the "plot twist" in X3 was that Sigma the reploid is no more and that all that remains is the virus with Sigma's memories and a twisted version of his personality. Compare how cold and calculated he was in X1 to how wacky he became in X4, at some point he stops giving a fuck about Reploid evolution and supremacy and just seeks to reproduce and propagate itself. After all, dropping the space colony Eurasia does fuckall gor reploids and their evolution, it's all about infecting more.

>> No.8232661

>>8232585
Well, it's not just hatred for humans anymore. Dude is mental as fuck, he's a literal hate machine. I wonder if he at least could feel remorse for hating X and his selfishness causing trouble for everyone. But considering his state by the end of X series, that probably wouldn't happen anyway.

>> No.8232670

>>8232661
His state in X8 is s perfect representation of what Sigma was all along after X1. No more pretending to be a reploid revolutionary, just a virus wanting to propagate more and more, destroying it's original host like the bunch if scrap barely held together by the virus.

>> No.8232672

>>8232661
Yeah he went mental around X4 because (I think) everytime he's rebuilt his programming is corrupted further, being replaced by the virus to keep it functioning, until eventually he's mostly just the virus and not anything resembling a sapient being ("THE BADDLE HAZ JUSD BEGUN! DIE! XXX! JUSDIE, X!").

>> No.8232691

>>8232672
If we take his unexplained revival in X4 as "Wily did it" (hence the cartoony skull in Final Weapon's Engine Room), it wouldn't be farfetched to believe Wily hasten the lose of Sigma's original self to the virus even further, assuming he wasn't gone already by X3.

After all, in X2 (again, according to the Chou Hyakka book), Wily (as Serges) kidnapped Magna Centipede and infected him and his plan was for Centipede to hack into all comm systems and broadcast the Sigma Virus globally (a plan he'd attempt again more successfully in X5).

>> No.8232703

>>8232585
The whole point of Reploids are their free will, it's just deeming the "wrong choices" as "they're malfunctioning" and destroying them on the spot became a handy propaganda tool for the human government. Dr. Weil during his youth always knew reploids being inherently free minded was risky and that's part of why he wanted to control all reploids globally using the Sigma Virus vaccine program Mother Elf by reprogramming her into the Dark Elf.

>> No.8232718

>>8232436
In X4, the actual Mavericks have the Sigma emblem on their life meters while the Repliforce rebels have their own emblem, so it's kind of both.

>> No.8232720

>>8232703
Reploids had limited free will due to them being imperfect copies of X. They really can only operate within boundaries set in their programming, sort of like certain instincts that humans have that they'd never go against (like self-preservation) unless they were, well, malfunctioning. X is the only robot in his own level of free will. It's debatable if even Zero can match it.

>> No.8232735

>>8232718
I know anon, the only true Mavericks in X4 were Split Mushroom (who was sending fake radio communications), Cyber Peacock (which was fucking with Network communications) and Magma Dragoon (the true culprit behind the fall of Sky Lagoon and handy distraction.

>> No.8232752

It upsets me that they went with the Saturday morning cartoon tactic of "it was Sigma all along" for the X series. It was fine in the classic series because it fit the aesthetic, but X was supposedly trying to be more mature. Even more irritating since they had some good plotlines going that didnt need Sigma at all. X2 would've been fine had the villains just been the X-Hunters trying to resurrect Zero as a way to strike back against X who they believed was too heavy-handed in his way of dealing with the Mavericks (and Sigma) in X1, and X3 would've been fine with having Doppler, the seemingly good scientist with nefarious ambitions, be the only major villain. X4 similarly would have been fine without having Sigma acting behind the scenes, prodding the Repliforce into doing something stupid.
Don't get me wrong, Sigma is badass and probably one of my favorite videogame villains ever, but the seriously should've been more conservative with his return. At the very least keep him out of 2 and 3, to make his return in X4 more of a surprise. Better yet, keep him absent until a more involved revival in X5 to make for a good sendoff for the series.

>> No.8232756

>>8232735
Which is more than most X games do to differentiate between factions. Usually, the Sigma emblem is reserved for Sigma himself and all other bosses share whatever emblem they fight under.

>> No.8232763

>>8232752
>X-Hunters
That was Wily seething, it had nothing to do with X being heavy handed or not, he was doing all he could to spite Light.

>> No.8232764

>>8232752
X4 wouldn't have worked without Sigma pulling the strings. The plot starts with a false flag.
X2 and X3 could've not had him, yeah. The also should've brought back Vile one more time.

>> No.8232773

>>8232764
I disagree with X3, it was the key moment where we find out the original Sigma created by Dr. Cain is gone and all that remains is Wily's virus mimicking him like John Carpenter's The Thing.

>> No.8232779

>>8232773
X3 is just Sigma being rebuilt by Doppler though. Doppler built a fuckton of reploids before he went maverick. It'd make sense if it was Virus Sigma from X2 instead of Kaiser Sigma in the final battle.

>> No.8232780

>>8232764
>Vile
Oh boy, many threads ago this was brought up how the Japanese Rockman X8 site and it's Japanese wiki article source retconned Dynamo in X5 and X6 as forms of Vile to explain why in X8 he was Vile Penta (VAVA V/5).

The Japanese Rockman fandom had a field trip with it going "lmao Capcom retconning the bad games'.

>> No.8232784

>>8232779
Dr. Doppler in X3 after you defeat him outright tells X "the true identity of Sigma is actually a computer virus!" And after you defeat Kaizer Sigma, the virus form from X2 chases you as you try to escape the area by wall jumping, wanting to infect X.

>> No.8232797

>>8232780
>retconned Dynamo in X5 and X6 as forms of Vile to explain why in X8 he was Vile Penta (VAVA V/5)
Yeah that was fucking dumb and I refuse to accept it.
>>8232784
>"the true identity of Sigma is actually a computer virus!"
I remember that line. When I first saw it as a kid I thought that Sigma had digitized himself into a virus for future-proofing. I see now that it might have been the virus posing as him.
Kaiser Sigma is the 2nd form of X3 though. His second form in X2 is the wireframe virus IIRC. His first form in X3 had a shield, and the first form of X2 was Wolverine.

>> No.8232805

>>8232764
Well, X4 makes it clear by way of the Repliforce that Reploids can effectively go "maverick" of their own free will, so they could've had Dragoon pulling the Sky Lagoon stunt for some other motive beyond Sigma. I don't know, maybe he harbored resentment for X destroying Flame Mammoth, like Squid Addler wanting to avenge Launch Octopus. Again, I just think some of the plots could've been retouched a bit for some more diverse stories in the more mature series versus the "Mr. X was Wily, I mean Sigma, all along!" schtick.

>> No.8232814

>>8232797
Yeah what I mean is that in X3, Sigma has a third form, the virus which is the wireframe from X2. Thing is, prior to Doppler's line in X3 and then seeing the Wireframe again, unless you lived in Japan and bought the guidebooks, you'd get no context on what the fuck was the Wireframe in X2 or the wireframe enemies in both games. Sigma served a narrative function for better or worse in X3.

>> No.8232823

>>8232805
Repliforce was made to supplant the need for defense against mavericks because there were too many for the Hunters to take care of. If they went Maverick on their own it'd be kinda stupid since they were allowed to create a paramilitary group in the first place. You can see in the intro cutscene that even though they are armed, they refuse to go maverick.
>Sigma: "You guys should rebel before the Hunters lock you up."
>General: "Fuck off."
>Sigma: "Guess I'll have to pull a 9/11 on 'em."

>> No.8232828

>>8232814
The little epilogue in X1 kinda hints at this, referring to Sigma's spirit surviving, in need of a new body.

>> No.8232831

>>8232805
Dragoon himself says it was a matter of pride, that he wanted a true fight to death with X and Zero and not just a sparring training match. And then, Sigma approached him.
The English version muddled terms s bit, but narratively speaking, Maverick/Irregular are kept only for malfunctioning reploids as a matter of government PR. "Reploids are perfectly safe second class citizens, if they don't obey they're malfunctioning".

Sheldon was wrongly accusing after he kiled Dr. Jim, the reploid he was supposed to project, but Jim had began malfunctioning and turned violent, but the Hunters shoot first and ask later, Sheldon was killed before he could explain himself. X in his dialogue really laments it, that "if I had been there..."

>> No.8232834

>>8232828
Yeah, the sequel stinger.
However, DNA resurrection is illegal and very finicky in universe, only Wily was capable or doing it properly (see: all those times he's revived Zero), for all we know that stinger was the last time we saw the "true" Sigma before the virus completely tool over.

>> No.8232838
File: 239 KB, 946x768, Screenshot_20211013-143604_Chrome.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Classic Sigma or pinhead Sigma?

>> No.8232840

>>8232838
Classic, I'm mad about this replacement

>> No.8232843

>>8232838
Prototype has the better head design but the final version has a better designed body sprite.

>> No.8232849

>>8232840
It's a shame because beyond the design change, they apparently didn't bother to, or didn't have time to, properly animate the new design.

>> No.8232871

>>8232838
The final design is fine. The prototype looks like a dollar store toy.

>> No.8232874

Legendary video game characters

>> No.8232879
File: 31 KB, 494x536, x2sigma1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8232871
The prototype sprite could use some touch ups, but the final one is terribly off-model.

>> No.8234129

>>8232879
It's okay to have his model evolve over time. He looks very stoic and refined in the final build. IM.O

>> No.8235806

>>8231001
Braiking Boss had better defined goals than Sigma Balls.

>> No.8235819

>>8232691
>Wily did it

Seriously, what the fuck with this guy
Almost everything shit in main Mega Man universe happened because of him and he keeps doing it even after being dead

>> No.8235836

>>8235819
If you got no credit for doing half the work towards the biggest technological advancements of the zeitgeist, wouldn't you be mad?

>> No.8235923

bumping for extreme interest

>> No.8235925

>>8231001
>do you feel like the games try to make the point about the Mavericks not being the bad guys?
Have you heard of the tragedy of Blizzard Buffalo, anon?

>> No.8237449

Would a tranny reploid be a maverick? Would X kill it?

>> No.8237460

The real question is: why are robot furfags a thing?

>> No.8237469

>>8232831
Autist/write fag here. An idea that's been floating around my head is that, as imperfect copies of X, reploids are more often than not emotionally stunted manchildren/sociopaths. For example, Magma Dragoon thinks nothing of the people he kills from dropping Sky Lagoon.

>> No.8237520

>>8231728
>It's just that the games are so light on the story and as a player you don't really have any reason to see them as anything other than a boss to defeat so that angle doesn't really work out
Going from X3 to X4 was jarring as fuck due to this, but it made me love the series even more, I actually enjoy crazy plot.

>> No.8237542

>>8237520
Mega Man was my first game, so seeing X4 get this serious story blew my fucking mind. Thank God the gameplay rocks.

>> No.8237769

I've been playing Megaman games since I can remember, though some of the more story-heavy ones (X4-5-6) only as a kid, so maybe it always just flew over my head, but I've always been confused about the lack of humans in the series. There's always talk about Reploids becoming crazy and killing humans, and the moral topic of Reploids being slaves, but I can't tell when the background characters are either. It becomes even more confusing with the fact that Reploids bleed red oil.

Case in point, Ciel is human but everybody else are Reploids. It's hard to tell any physical or mental difference. Also, I just found out she's 12 years old and it made me chuckle.

>> No.8238647

>>8235925
No I have not

>> No.8238660

>>8238647
Blizzard Buffalo used to be a sculptor reploid, whose job was to make wondrous ice statues to decorate his home city during winters. One day, he met a lonely child, who was making a snowman by himself, and became his first friend, helping him make many different sculptures for fun. When Dr. Doppler's insurgence began in Megaman X3, Buffalo was infected by the Maverick Virus through his ice horns (which acted like some sort of antenna downlink system connected to his brain) without even realizing it.

Driven mad by the Maverick virus, Buffalo froze the entire city, killing hundreds in a rampage against his own will. When X arrived to stop him, he found Buffalo in immense pain from the Maverick virus, unable to stop himself from attacking him, and he was forced to fight. Moments before Buffalo killed X, the child showed up to stop him. Buffalo remembered who it was, and his brain went haywire as he struggled to stop the virus from attacking the child. Realizing that Buffalo was not himself, X took the opportunity to shoot his horns out, saving him from the Maverick virus once and for all.

Even after being saved, Buffalo still begged X to kill him off, as atonement for his sins, but X chooses to save Buffalo instead, forgiving him for what he did. Likewise, the child forgives Buffalo for the things the Maverick virus forced him to do, even though he would suffer the guilt for the rest of his life. Determined to set things right, Buffalo decides to join the Maverick Hunters, even though he was not built for combat, and even though his effectiveness was average at best, X was still very happy to have him fight alongside him.

>> No.8238665

>>8238660
Unfortunately, Buffalo would meet his end in Megaman X4 by sacrificing himself to save X from Frost Warlus, impaled by one of his Frost Tower spikes right in front of X. Of all the suffering X had seen up until this moment, Buffalo's death was enough to shatter his peaceful ways, and drove him over the edge. It was the first time X became cold, unhinged and murderous in his life. He would go on to destroy the entirety of Repliforce while Zero was busy fighting Colonel and Iris, killing both Storm Owl and Magma Dragoon at once, splitting Double in two with a single attack, among a myriad of other dead Mavericks he left in his wake. X would only snap out of his agony-fueled berserk mode when a wounded and defeated General, the one who killed his own officer Frost Warlus along with X, embraced him in a hug, telling him that he understands his pain, before sending him off to stop Sigma with a salute.

Buffalo's frozen corpse can be still be found in the background when you play Frost Warlus' stage in Megaman X4, encaged in a coffin of ice. Most of his life was unwarranted pain, and his entire stage and theme song reflect that, which is why it's so out of place with the rest of the series' music. The child is probably still waiting to see him again.

This was even hinted at during gameplay. In the August prototypes of X3, when X takes more than 6 bars of damage at once, usually from boss attacks, he'll take a knee for a few seconds to recover from the attack. Unlike most other bosses, Blizzard Buffalo will actually pause his assault and let X recover, should he take too much damage and become stunned.

And that just one of many reploids who went maverick against their will.

>> No.8238671
File: 29 KB, 480x360, 629586B4-1DD3-4226-B08A-4949F43D5469.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8232718

>> No.8239232

Pepe would be a neat maverick

>> No.8239242

>>8237769
Gameplay vs story segregation, there's no "need" to show the humans from a gameplay perspective it can be inferred they're the ones driving the cars escaping in Central Highway or inside the buildings in Sky Lagoon and the Brazilian city intro stage of X5.
The Space Colony Eurasia had human population inside but they had to be sacrificed during the Earth Crisis.

In Zero 4, humans show up because they have a larger role than "first class citizens", finding themselves on the rebel side.

>> No.8239245

>>8237769
Ciel's actually 14 in Z1, 15 in Z2 and nearly 17 by the time of Z4, she's the product of her grandmother (Weil's coworker) experimenting on Ciel when she was an embryo

>> No.8239251

>>8237469
If I recall correctly this was canonized by the Audio Dramas made by Inti, by 23XX during the real X's ruling of the world, reploids would be created in children forms and taken to school to study alongside human children and be modified as they grow up. Before owning a bakery, Andrew was a teacher.

>> No.8239259

>>8235819
Wily absolutely hates Light and the society Light's lifework created. In the Battle Network timeline this hatred remains a constant, his EndGame plan involved hacking on all countries military networks and launching every single nuke in the planet. All to spite Dr. Light.

>> No.8239272

>>8232780
What the fuck? Lmao Vile and Dynamo couldn’t be further apart in characteristics. That’s such a bizarre connection to make, that’s like saying Axl was really the second coming of Duo from MM8. It would’ve made more sense to just say ‘yeah they rebuilt Vile a few more times off screen and X defeated him again/the copies were a failure until the 5th’. It actually makes more sense that way since X doesn’t seem particularly taken aback when he returns in X8 given how he hadn’t appeared for 5 games. That way when X sees him and isn’t exactly surprised it makes sense considering he would’ve appeared many more times off screen. Retconning Dynamo into being him is fucking stupid.

>> No.8239284

>>8239272
To be fair, the angsty angry Vile everyone thinks of came from the failed reboot Maverick Hunter X, prior to that he was just as much of a living shitpost as Dynamo himself, especially his Japanese dialogue.

Have you heard his Japanese X8 voice? It's how I imagine all Anons sounding like.

>> No.8239291

>>8239272
Oh it gets better. In the Japanese script, when Layer tells Zero he heard from X about the Zero Virus, Zero goes "Sigma and VAVA made a Virus based on me..."

>> No.8239293

>>8239259
Gotta find it funny that MM11 makes Wily look like the most bitter maniac ever. Man creates a world destroying virus and creates the most violent and aggressive robot ever created, and still pulls strings from the dead to the point of wiping out a huge chunk of the earth’s populace all because the research team picked Light’s idea over his

>> No.8239295

>>8239284
Haha holy shit, just looked that up. That’s hilarious. Totally makes the character come off as some deranged meme

>> No.8239302

>>8239291
Wow that’s fucking retarded

>> No.8239303

>>8239295
To give a bit of further context, if I recall correctly, since resurrection is finicky shit in-Universe, Vile came back rather weirdly as far back as X3 mixing kanas in his speech or something like that. I just prefer jolly shitposting Vile over edgy teen Vile.

>> No.8239312

>>8239293
It's funny because we always knew it was because Light's research was chosen over his but didn't knew the details until 11 told us Wily wanted to overclock robots and Light snitched on him.

>> No.8239314

>>8239303
So does that imply he’s speaking in some sort of weird quotation throughout the game? My knowledge of Kana is extremely shaky so I’ve got no idea how that would come off in game and it doesn’t seem to come off any different to his normal dialogue in the English edition

>> No.8239316

>>8239314
I imagine considering his speech in X1 it was or cur he didn't came back quite right. Zero 3 did something similar with Copy X having his speech "lag" like windows media player running for 5 minutes on Windows 10.

>> No.8239330

>>8239284
Vile is cool in all his appearances except that fucking japanese voice.

>> No.8239336

>>8239303
X3 Vile was neither jolly nor edgy teen. He was outright subsisting on desire for revenge, basically a robot Darth Maul, and it's fucking great

>> No.8239347

>>8239293
That's what I was wondering about initially >>8235819

Okay, Light pulled a douchebag move and is guilty, but Wily is just completely obsessed.
Also he could easily kill Light on some occasions but he didn't do that

My guess that initially, he didn't plan as far as to create virus and stuff, but after few defeats from Mega Man he went into anger spiral, making new plans on top of old plans and ultimately got to the point when he just couldn't stop anymore.

>> No.8239354

>>8239347
Wily just wanted to prove to the world he was Light's superior, not the other way around. He used all his creative juices building Zero and you could argue he won a phyrric victory after Zero sacrificed himself to stop Ragnarok while X's reputation became stained by the population at large thanks to Copy X (and humans being unaware that was a copy).

>> No.8239361

>>8239347
>>8239354
Wily sympathized with Light's idea to give robots a soul when the institute of robotics turned the latter down. They worked together for years, but Light ended up in the spotlight while Wily got jack shit.

>> No.8239375

>>8239361
And 11 gave us that extra salt to the wound by snitching on Wily by bringing up his Double Gear project to the Research board at the RIT when they were students. He Light sealed humanity's fate right there.

>> No.8239390

>>8239347
>>8239354
Didn't Capcom retcon Wily's virus to be an accident created from a rushed and sloppy programming job while developing Zero?

>> No.8239391

>>8239347
>>8239354
I like to go with the idea that his first several schemes were typical mad scientist take over the world shtick until it happened one too many times and he totally loses it. In Zero’s opening in X4, Wily says something like ‘he’s the reason I keep going’ or something along those lines. The way I see it, Zero wasn’t just the ultimate killing machine but also the ultimate one last fuck you to Light. He’d create one more machine before he died that would not just kill Light but prove itself as the strongest machine ever made, with the maverick virus helping even the playing field along with it. He’d prove he was the best by killing Light with his ultimate machine and be recognised as the strongest and greatest scientist the world had ever seen by the fact he had not just made Zero but put any robot he wanted under his control with the virus. Obviously he died before that plan could come to fruition. Really makes the classic series much darker in aspect. Capcom can try and make Wily jist look like a goofy scientist with a chip on his shoulder like MM11 implies but that in turn makes his turn to mass murder even more freaky

>> No.8239415

>>8239245
Where is this mentioned?

>> No.8239416

In Megaman's lore, two scientists, Dr. Light and Dr. Wily, studied at the Robot Institute of Technology together, developing the future of robotics for the betterment of mankind. Despite graduating together, Light had always received more praise from the scientific community than Wily, and never once noticed his struggle in achieving the recognition he deserved for his hard work, sometimes even having Light "steal" all the recognition for their team work at times. The jealously eventually led Wily to take matters into his own hands, stealing and reprogramming Light's robots to give them free will and convince them to help him take over the world, claiming that they'd be disassembled at the end of their useful lives if they didn't rebel.

>> No.8239420

>>8239415
The Zero complete works but that was released years after the games came out so it’s canonicity is debatable

>> No.8239427

>>8239415
Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works set her age at 14 for Zero 1 and that she created Copy X when she was 8 years old.
Zero 2 takes place one full year after Zero 1 and Z3 happens 3 months after Z2 while Z4 is set I forgot how many months after Z3.

>> No.8239435
File: 113 KB, 882x962, Mega Man X Development Document translated.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8239390
No, the virus was completed, it was Zero's program that was broken and didn't finish programming, Zero acted violently and wouldn't obey any order. the idea was to recode Zero using the virus so he'd be obedient, but the virus made Zero loop back from being evil to good because he was already "the baddest robot".

>> No.8239439

>>8239420
It was written by Makoto Yabe and Takuya Aizu, so it's canonity isn't really up for debate, if anything it filled us on plot points the games didn't touch because Makoto Yabe didn't want to step on the toes of the Mega Man X dev team.

>> No.8239441

>>8239439
Ah fair enough, wasn’t aware

>> No.8239446

>>8239435
Wait, I'm a retard, both Zero AND the virus are incomplete. Fuck. The "Zero Virus" from X5 is supposed to be final, actual complete virus.

>>8239441
I understand why being suspicious of non-game sources, but I've always been interested in Mega Man Japanese books like complete works and chou hyakka since they're usually written by the devs themselves, or the devs dropping bombshell revelations as part of their development notes.

>> No.8239452

>>8239446
Yeah that’s understandable. Given how an anon above said capcom retconned Dynamo into being Vile you can tell why i wasn’t certain to trust it

>> No.8239459

>>8239452
Ah, that was also me lol. Yeah, I think the Japanese Rockman fandom are right thinking Capcom felt like distancing X8 from the games that harmed the IP's credibility but making Vile into Dynamo doesn't change anything.

Although it does make me wonder how, had they been made, Maverick Hunter X5 and X6 would've handled his character. As separate from Vile? As an alias or different persona?

>> No.8239463

>>8239446
To me, sourcebooks are fine for filling in details, but if there's a conflict between what they say and what the game says, the game takes highest priority in canon over any external source.

>> No.8239486

>>8239463
Problem with Mega Man X is that it changed hands every so many games, while Zero remained thoroughly Makoto Yabe's territory from Z2 onwards after the Z1 writer passed the baton and notes to him. All while Takuya Aizu oversaw everything and either accepted or rejected, OR reworked ideas.

X1 had a a team of devs which were MM5 devs, including the plannet. X2 were people who would leave Capcom after finishing that and 7 to form Inti Creates (hence Inti always dropping easter eggs of those two specific games on their own), X3 was Minakuchi Engineering after Capcom bleed their new Mega Man-focused talent, X4 was a new team, that then left to work on what would become BN, X5 was an outsource job to a group called Value Wave the writer of X4's plot IIRC was promoted to director of the games up to X7. X5 and X6 had the same writer.

Then X7 had a separate writer. Then X8 had ANOTHER writer. And you get shit like how the X5 writer was concerned about comitting or not to the Colony drop, X6 and Z4 had to patch it with "oh no, the shuttle succeeded... it SAVED the earth. But a good chunk of the colony still collapsed WOOPS" despite X5 going "we succeeded WOO!". The books are necesary to make sense of this shitshow, as far as the X series goes. The Zero books are, as Makoto Yabe told Ucchy in his interview for Rockman Unity, not wanting to step on the X teams' plans and preffering to leave details vague and then fill them up on art books like the Chou Hyakka books had done back in the 90's.

We got interesting tidbits from him though, he kept Model A ambiguious intentionally (as in, up to interpretation if Albert made it out of nowhere, or Albert always had Axl's data and is simply an egotistical faggot) because he didn't knew what Axl's fate would've been, but when designing Model A and the Megamerged form, the bottlecap on the helmet's forehead and Model A's forehead is supposed to be a seal to keep Lumine at bay. That was his logic when designing Model A.

>> No.8239496

>>8239391
I've always been curious as to the events in between Classic and X. Fans have been speculating for years about the fate of the original gang, and for a long time many liked to converge on the idea that Wily eventually completed Zero, turned him loose, and Zero killed them all or some shit. Mega Man: The Power Fighters all but hints at something like this. Maybe it's a bit edgy/fanfiction-y, but maybe a scenario where Zero cuts loose and kills Wily, is fucking unstoppable, and Mega Man, Proto Man, and Bass end up doing some crazy self-sacrifice maneuver just to shut him down. Or maybe he just ends up destroying them without breaking a sweat, and Light, already hard at work on X, is forced to turn him on before he's ready, and he brutally destroys Zero, leading Light to have some doubts about the whole "free will" thing, hence the "seal him up in a capsule for 30 years" thing.

Obviously they'll never do this because it would imply forever closing the door on Classic Mega Man.

>> No.8239508

>>8239496
Zero killing everyone was a fiction written by Dave Anez that was made for use only within the context of his webcomic, Bob and George, but people took it as "canon" despite that never been his intent, it was just his personal little animation project.

The canon events according to the Chou Hyakka Rockman & Rockman X book (and later used as a plot point by the novelization Rockman X: Irregular Report) was that, after Wily doing his saturday morning cartoon villain shit for so many years, the government got fed up and outright banned robots and Light's robot research. Robots were decommisioned and Light built X on an underground secret lab basically illegally. With Roll gone (and Auto, but Auto wasn't created at this point of the franchise's history) he had no one to look after X after his death.

It's been discussed that Mega Man works on a stable time loop: Mega Man is ultimately doomed to become Quint and be destroyed by his past self and whatever future Wily does without Mega Man around was bad enough for the government to ban robots and replace them with Mechaniloids, who have no personalities or programming beyond their tasks.

>> No.8239512

>>8239391
Something interesting about Wily is that, in the Japanese Rockman X4 FMV, when he shows up in Zero's program as a dream, the original dialogue he says
>Destroy him! My enemy! My rival! My.... PURPOSE!
He became to defined by his hate for Light and Mega Man, he thinks his spite is his only purpose anymore.

And that spite is why, as long as he's around, and as long as Zero's IC Circuit (what X2 called Control Chip and X6 called DNA Sample) is around, he will NOT let Zero just stay dead and will repair him as many times as needed, under the guise of Serges in X2 and as Isoc in X6.

It's actually funny how in X6, if Zero defeats High Max, Isoc nuts so hard he dies.

>> No.8239518

>>8239420
Is there a good comprehensive timeline of events leading from end of X into Zero that make sense and outlined well? If not can one be provided because everytime I read or watch/listen to shit on the subject it seems to contradict itself several times over.

>> No.8239525

>>8239518
There's the CD dramas and a handy timeline Inti made for the Rockman Zero Collection back on 2010 when it released for the Nintendo DS.

Be mindful it skips X7 and X8 because Yabe was still not sure what would be of Axl.

>https://megaman.fandom.com/wiki/Rockman_Zero_Collection_Timeline

>> No.8239526

>>8239496
Inafune denounced Superadventure Rockman from canon because he hated that people were actually shown dying. He sure as hell would never have supported the idea of Zero killing anybody in the Classic era.

All you need to know is that Light built X and Wily built Zero to counter him, but both died before their creations were finished.

>>8239512
If Serges was so important, then why is Agile the X-Hunter you fight last? Generally, in MMX, the leader of the enemy faction is always the last boss before Sigma.

>> No.8239530

>>8239526
Honestly, if I were to take a wild guess, it was due the development of X2 and 7 happening at the same time and under a severe deadline of 5 months. They probably finished the last stages and bosses and added them as such. I mean, the final stage recycles Morph Moth's stage.
Especially because there was supposed to be another, fourth X-Hunter, but they couldn't add him in time.

>> No.8239532

>>8239508
>>8239526
Canon or not, that seems a pretty lame end to the Classic cast. Again, call it edgy fanfiction for edgy McEdgelords, but I still would've much preferred original Mega Man going down in a blaze of glory against Zero. Maybe throw in a bit of Bass teamwork in there, but we probably have enough of a Goku/Vegeta thing going on there as it is.

But eh, maybe it IS too much for the generally goofy tone of the Classic series.

>> No.8239540

>>8239530
>I mean, the final stage recycles Morph Moth's stage.
Magna Centipede's stage, you mean, and the early cutscenes also show it as being the X-Hunters' first hideout.

>> No.8239541

>>8239532
I think this is an issue not even past or present devs want to tackle. Classic Mega Man is strictly as saturday morning cartoon, Inafune was mad when helicopters got destroyed in Super Adventure Rockman, the pilots weren't seen parachuting safely like in G.I. Joe.

Mega Man X takes, by comparison, a way darker turn, and even Wily himself, as the puppermaster in the shadows, became a much darker character. It's a jarring tone shift. The book explaining that robots were simply banned is, in the end, the only plausible route they could go, unless the new team feel like breaking that, and having one last blaze of glory. But this brings another issue, Capcom's love for sequels. I think what we know works for the best interest of everyone. All we need to know is that one day robots will get decommissioned, but until then we can get as many sequels as Capcom feel like giving us.

>>8239540
Yeah, Magna Centipede, my bad.

>> No.8239572

>>8239541
>Wily himself, as the puppermaster in the shadows, became a much darker character.
Personally, I don't see Wily as he's portrayed in Classic as any kind of puppetmaster. He's too petty and shortsighted for that kind of long-term planning, and MM11 has only reinforced that comical tone to both series' detriment.

However, I can see Wily making his own AI like Light did for the capsules, one that over the decades has become so obsessed with its mission to complete Zero at any cost that it's willing to do things that the actual Wily would never dream of doing (like the entire colony crash of X5).

>> No.8239584

>>8239572
I meant in the X series. When he brings Sigma back from the shadows as Serges, or implied in X4, being the person who planned the colony drop, approaching Gate after Gate was infected by Zero's IC Circuit...

The classic Wily was spiteful and cranky but Wily in the X series with his virus is responsible for a lot of murder.

>> No.8240847

Itt: autism

>> No.8241105

>>8240847
welcome to /vr/

>> No.8241295

>>8240847
>>8241105
Now to be fair, Mega Man lore is entertaining autism. There's shades of a good story fucked over by either the game's genre, change of writers or sequels, but what's good is good.
Plus, modern movies, shows and vidya suck, this is infinitely more entertaining

>> No.8241474

>>8241295
Hey I’m not complaining. Probably the only game series I can think of where I like the lore despite the villains being robot penguins, dreidel machines and train death cyborgs

>> No.8241486

>>8239508
The cannon ending is lame sadly

>> No.8241493

>>8241486
Ehhh it’s not that bad. Of course it isn’t going to be as over the top and action packed as Zero murdering everyone but the idea of most of the main cast being forced out of commission and Light/Wily being forced to continue their work underground is a pretty gloomy and bitter end all things considered. That being said you can always make up some extra lore. I like to think Bass naturally refused to be shut off and disappeared into the wild, becoming some sort of renegade machine trying to blend into society as a human like some weird blade runner type shit. Same with Protoman.

>> No.8241524

>>8239526
>If Serges was so important, then why is Agile the X-Hunter you fight last?
I think they were running with the idea of Wily as an overarching antagonist who's mostly working from the shadows, hence why in X4 he only shows up in a dream/vision to Zero and in X5 he doesn't appear at all except as a voice.

>> No.8241543

>>8241524
And then X6 mostly pisses X5 away. There is Isoc, but I feel like he was a retcon to X5 as the "old man" Sigma was working with.

>> No.8241649

>>8241474
>train death cyborgs

>> No.8241658
File: 65 KB, 1280x720, 451763EA-649E-4C8D-83EA-A03D6A199776.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8241649
You know it

>> No.8241661

>>8241543
Isn’t Isoc implied to be wily anyway, since they share looks, VAs and both have a raging hard on for Zero

>> No.8241718

>>8241661
Most likely. Isoc could easily be one of the Reploid shells that the Wily AI has manifested in, especally given how he self-deletes when cornered rather than risk a confrontation with X and Zero. The point is that this Wily isn't the same person as the Wily from Classic who's mostly a comical joke. Assuming he's an AI copy like Light, the past century has driven him even more crazy to the point where he's become something totally different from the human he's been designed after, something that unlike the real Wily won't go soft at the though of genocide in the name of finishing Zero.

>> No.8241723

>>8241661
>>8241543
It's "implied" with the subtlety of a jackhammer. Not only does he have Wily's japanese voice actor, he insists calling Zero a robot, not a reploid (and Gate does the same with the knowledge X and Zero are actually ancient) he's the only motherfucker who actually understands how Zero works and was the one who helped Gate make the Nightmare, which incidentally depending which Nightmare you fight, you get some Nightmare Zeroes that speak like Wily in the Japanese version (using "washi" pronouns, same as Isoc, old man pronouns) going alll "WHERE IS MY ZERO?" with the implication being that Isoc fixed Zero elsewhere but once Zero woke up he walked away (the meme scene where he fixed himself he actually says "when I came to my senses, I already had a body". He tells the same to Dr. Light he talks to him in the capsule at Infinity Mijinion's stage, but when Zero presses on the issue of WHY he's alive, Dr. Light dances around it and tells him to not think too hard about it).

>>8241718
Indeed, Wily in the X series is absolutely an AI backup of Wily's personality and memories just like the Dr. Light AI, but the Wily AI has extra bitterness built up from a century after the original Wily's death and the realization he's not human anymore, so why fucking bother keeping humans alive?

>> No.8241726

>>8241718
Yeah that makes sense. It’s funny that Capcom is sort of trying to downplay Wily and write him off as a silly old man who’s jealous of Light, but that makes his form in the X series even weirder because it makes him look totally deranged

>> No.8241741

>>8231001
Of course. There wouldn't be a moral conflict otherwise.

>> No.8241742

>>8241726
To be fair, in the timeline where Dr. Light studied networks instead of robotics, Battle Network, Wily wanted to nuke the entire planet out of hatred for the society created by Light's research when it was picked over his robot research and his contributions to SoulNet were glossed over.
Wily's been always rather deranged. I guess the issue is "presentation", and it's because of insisting classic Mega Man to remain strictly a saturday morning cartoon, even when it's small issues become reasons for global war by the time of... say MMZ (in Rockman 3's manual they mention the Energen Crystals, what became the "Energy Elements" in Mega Man 3 and Energy Crystals in Zero and ZX, it became established they're a rare energy source on earth and the MM3 robots were on space colonies in the galaxy mining them off other planets, this seems just an irrelevant excuse plot from a Japanese game but it's actually funny how this little blurb became the driving force behind the Zero series, when Mega Man turned dark)

>> No.8241765

Remember how gigantic Sigma was in X7? That shit didn't make sense.

>> No.8241785

>>8241723
Kind of fun to think about when you realize a lot of X6's story uses zombie apocalypse tropes, complete with necromancy.

>> No.8241798

>>8241742
So let’s recap
>Wily and Light work together on robotics during their college days over their shared desire to give Robots souls or something along those lines
>Wily comes up with the double gear system which is promptly shut down by Light, which proves to be the final straw in their relationship and Wily storms off
>40 years or so pass and Light’s personality theory has caused a robotics boom, Rock and Roll are built along with the first 6 robot masters
>wily throws a shit fit, reprograms them and tries to take over the world. Rock becomes Mega Man
>the events of 1-5 and debatably Super Adventure happen with a soccer match or two inbetween
>at some point in this series of evengs, Wily travels into the future, reprograms Rock into Quint, heads back home
>Bass is built, MM6 and 7 happens
>Wily loses it and starts planning Zero
>8 happens and then the Power Fighters games, Wily begins designing Zero and the Maverick Virus
>the rest of the classic games take place in this time frame
>30 or so years pass, because of the Quint incident the world government outlaws robots and millions of robots are scrapped (auto maybe survives)
>Light begins work on X in secret, and Wily with Zero
>Zero sealed away because he’s too unwieldy to control
>Light and Wily transfer themselves into AIs and both die with their machines more or less complete
>X is discovered a hundred or so years later, Reploids created
>Zero is uncovered, having come into contact with the Maverick Virus
>Sigma contracts the virus which spreads across the world
>Zero’s programming overwrites itself and he becomes good
>Maverick uprising
>Wily AI finds its way into Serges’ body who rebuilds Zero after his death
>Serges dies
>X5 happens and Wily either transfers into Isoc or confronts Sigma directly and the two work together
>Zero dies again, Sigma is killed again, Isoc begins working with Gate on the nightmare as well as reviving Zero
>Isoc self terminates after Gate is killed

>> No.8241801

>>8241785
Gate's plan was pretty impressive in hindsight.
>Seeks to purge all the inferior Reploids who can't comprehend his genius
>Lucks out with finding Zero's data and gets Isoc on his side (the latter having written off Sigma as a failure and seeking a new "partner")
>Creates a new virus from his work and releases it under the claim that Zero's undead corpse is spreading it
>Declares to all the inferior Reploids that his creations will protect them, when they're really just leading them to the slaughter like lambs
About the only real mistake Gate made was reviving Sigma, because we all know Sigma is not a team player.

>> No.8241808

>>8241801
Did Gate always plan his mass genocide or did getting the virus just push him into doing it? Alia’s comments point out he always seemed flippant towards other people’s fates and he was awfully cold. Why exactly was he snooping around the Erasure crash site anyway?

>> No.8241815

>>8241808
From what I recall, Gate always nursed a grudge over Reploid society because he and and his work were beyond their comphehension and got erased, while X and Zero were even more incomprehensible and yet they were allowed to remain. The virus may have released his hesitation to act, but the hate was always there.

>> No.8241816
File: 336 KB, 1241x813, 965.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8241798
Wily's bitterness built up over years of work with Light, seldom being recognized for his work on their projects.
MM8 was the turning point where Wily finally had an advantage over Light when the Evil Energy arrived on Earth, which he uses to create the Wily Virus. This is arguably the beginning of the X series.
>>8241801
Isoc (Wily) was manipulating Sigma
Sigma was manipulating Gate
Gate was manipulating the reploids
And Gate is a reflection of Wily.
The cycle is complete.

>> No.8241820

>>8241798
Quint part is purely hypothesis not supported by further developer commentary or notes (although it makes sense, all we know is that Wily did something bad enough to warrant robots getting decommissioned).
Other than that and Isoc/Wily self-terminating/vanishing after Zero defeats High Max and not Gate... yep, you got it, anon.

>> No.8241821

>>8241816
Sigma had nothing to do with Gate's actions. He was mostly just along for the ride as a spectator until Gate re-released him as a final Fuck You to the world.

>> No.8241830

>>8241808
The virus changes a reploid's disposition at best into acting violent, or forces them to at worst. In it's "original form", the virus made robots just go violent, but because Zero was already violent from the getgo, Zero basically had a stack overflow of how evil he could get (hence him screaming in pain in X4 holding his head after getting infected) and this caused him to loop back into going good.

Like when you go past hex 255 and go back to 0, Zero's programming is like an NES game.

>> No.8241836

>>8241815
I see I see. One thing that always kind of confused me about Gate’s plan was the whole nightmare investigator thing. So he makes the virus and plans to use it to create a utopia for high class Reploids. So he (or Isoc) resurrect or reprogram 8 reploids he once had under his command and uses them to do… something? I understand Isoc intentionally creates a call to arms to the populace to defeat the Nightmare virus which is actually a plot to get them infected by it but what will that do in hindsight? I know Isoc says that the virus makes some reploids “malfunction or delete themselves” but that wording implies it only happens to some reploids. Did he just intend to keep some of them as slaves or just play the long card and hope that they all died

>> No.8241841

>>8241821
Sorry I switched Gate and Sigma around

>> No.8241843

>>8241830
Ah see I always interperated that as the virus putting Zero under control as some kind of fail safe? Like the Wily symbol flashes on his forehead gem and he has a mad screaming fit, like the virus or whatever was keeping him in check and Sigma breaking the gem unleashed the virus which he contracted

>> No.8241847

>>8241836
The Investigators and High-Max were to lull the Reploids into false security so that the virus will massacre them. Why wouldn't they listen to the ones proven to be stronger and able to fight the virus?

>> No.8241851

>>8241847
Ah right that makes sense

>> No.8241854

>>8241843
The virus was meant to fix his cognition program, but Wily didn't finish coding it before croaking. The Zero Virus from X5's endgame is supposed to be the finalized virus and is the reason why if you get a bad end, Zero awakens as his true self.

Wily was willing to cause human extinction to fix his shitty spaghetti code.

>> No.8241857

>>8241830
As funny as that sounds it would be implausible for Wily to fuck up his own hardware that bad. Zero probably shorted out after Sigma smashes his helmet crystal. Zero's system has been in that half-broken state you have when you plug two hard drives with windows installations on them and both use the C: letter, but only one can work at a time and the system files get corrupted. When Zero is "fixed" by the X-Hunters in X2 and again by Wily in X5, he turns evil full-stop.

>> No.8241869

>>8241854
Right so
>Wily makes zero and virus to control machines across the world
>Zero too unwieldy, Wily seals him away with the virus installed in him to keep him under check in case he goes totally insane
>Virus takes hold of Zero while fighting Sigma, stack overflow makes Zero good
>sigma breaks gem and releases Virus, gets it and starts the maverick wars

Also
>IF Z=GOOD THEN GOTO EVIL
>GOTO VIRUS
>GOTO Z IF GOOD

>> No.8241871

>>8241857
Wily in Classic often cuts corners in his work, either due to budget, lack of resources, or simply not having all the needed knowledge. He was no doubt rushing so fast to finish Zero before Light completed X that he skipped over a lot of crucial steps, which only messed Zero up more in the long run.

>> No.8241875

>>8241857
>As funny as that sounds it would be implausible for Wily to fuck up his own hardware that bad.
You're right. This is a constant with both Robot and Internet timelines. Wily is a GENIUS when it comes to hardware, Light's superior.

It's SOFTware where he falters at. Bass, Ballade, Tengu Man and King are all due to his shortsight when making coding. He goes the simplest route possible and it ends up biting him in the ass because his AI ends up finding loopholes where he becomes expendable.

I'm not taking this out of my ass either, this has been stated in several official sources, such as:
>Chou Hyakka Rockman & Rockman X
>Mega Man Zero Official Complete Works
>Rockman X1's Official Development Document (shared by the planner on social media no less, translated by the people at ProtoDude's Rockman Corner).
>Rockman Zero Collection Timeline

Inti-Creates and Capcom have used the Japanese word "purify" to fix Zero's memory, "purify his mind", and the Collection's timeline clarified "his cognition program was broken and Wily couldn't fix it".

>>8241869
Wily is the Yandev of his time.

>>sigma breaks gem and releases Virus, gets it and starts the maverick wars
This is also what I believe, but the Timeline website says Zero wasn't infected when he awakened, Zero was infected DURING the fight and Sigma managed just to knock him out and get infected as a result. But the virus was already around them, being broadcast from Wily's still-functioning computer.

>> No.8241882

>>8241857
Wily cutting corners tends to come back to bite him in the ass on a lot of occasions (Bass frequently rebelling being a good example). I like to think Quint’s shitty weapon and his goofy design was a result of a rush job to get Rock reprogrammed as fast as possible

>> No.8241883

>>8241871
He was mostly stealing Light's robots though. He rushed Bass and Bass turned out with better stats than Rock after his own upgrade.

>> No.8241885

>>8241875
Ah the computer broadcasting makes sense, so was the W symbol flashing on his forehead and making him break down just a built in fail safe?

>> No.8241886

>>8241885
Nope, it was basically just a telling point of "Zero's now infected", and probably Wily going OBEY OBEY OBEY on his brain, but Zero was having a stack overflow essentially.

>> No.8241889

>>8241883
The only robots that were truly Wily's own were the sets from 2, 5, 7, and 8, and even the 7 and 8 sets were at least half stolen from other sources. Many of his Mechaniloids are utility robots that he hastily retrofitted into combat roles. His strength is more in modifying others' robots than making his own.

>> No.8241890

>>8241875
>Zero wasn't infected when he awakened, Zero was infected DURING the fight and Sigma managed just to knock him out and get infected as a result. But the virus was already around them, being broadcast from Wily's still-functioning computer.
That puts a big question on Wily's competence though. Zero was made with the absolute best hardware design Wily could muster and set off to go berserk, yet a reploid made by Cain managed to 1v1 and subdue him. Zero had the massive migraines before he could kill Sigma and Sigma used that chance to smash his helmet crystal. Wily definitely implemented the Wily Virus in Zero, it wouldn't make sense for the Virus to fuck his shit up right after he wakes up, it'd just make the whole project a failure.

>> No.8241891

>>8241886
Understandable. Funny how you can think one thing for ages and then it all turns out to be Incorrect ahah

>> No.8241895

>>8241890
In fairness, Sigma hardly subdued him. He was basically dead in the water and was seconds away from getting his head ripped off before Zero had his autism fit

>> No.8241904

>>8241890
Plus I think the design document states that the virus was incomplete at the time while Zero was, dying before he could finish it. Maybe he literally died in his lab and rotted away while his computer kept blaring on in the background with the incomplete virus broadcasting which Zero ended up catching when he woke up.

>> No.8241909

>>8241890
Sigma was losing the fight, he purely won because he got lucky when Zero hot infected. Sigma was missing an eye and an arm and part of his Plastic skin while Zero was fine and dandy

>> No.8241919

Right according to the Zero complete works, the virus came out from Zero’s pod which means either Wily intentionally infected him with it as some control measure or it made its way in there during the development process without Wily realising

>> No.8241921

>>8241919
The pod
Was connected to the computer band Chou Hyakka did said it was meant to fix Zero's cognitive program however Wily died before finishing the virus.

>> No.8241929

>>8241919
>>8241909
>>8241904
>>8241895
The virus was already in Zero's pod before he woke up.

>> No.8241945

>>8241929
I don't doubt it, but Zero was probably off and thus still not infected at the time. He was accidentally activated by Gamma's Unit when they went investigate the laboratory in the forbidden area broadcasting the virus

>> No.8241969

Just in case people missed it:
>>8239435 This post has the translated version of the Development Document used when planning Mega Man X, the original was posted a while back on social media by the planner.

>>8239525
This post has the timeline which quickly covers stuff like Mega Man 10 ("a virus from space") and X5 alongside X6.

>Receiving information of Zero awakening from his capsule and causing violence, the Maverick Hunter Sigma finds and intercepts him. During this incident, Sigma is infected by the unknown computer virus leaking out from Zero’s capsule, but at the same time Zero, having his armor destroyed in the battle with Sigma, also becomes infected with the virus. As a result, Zero’s personality completely changed, and he would end up working as a Maverick Hunter.

>> No.8241972
File: 369 KB, 1092x1080, MM2WoodMan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8241890
>That puts a big question on Wily's competence though
You don't say.

>> No.8241976
File: 3.79 MB, 1280x5640, How I met your Wily.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8241969
throwing this as a bonus

>> No.8242063

>>8241976
>Wily basically helped develop the theorem for not just then current robots, but by default X and all reploids, but Light and Cain would get all the credit

No wonder he went fucking insane

>> No.8242115

>>8241976
Damn, young Wily looking pretty based.

>> No.8242150
File: 135 KB, 1166x1382, 1631402933765.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8231103
>corrupted as a result of the zero/sigma virus.
This never should have been a thing. It's not interesting. Very limited dramatic potential. It should have only existed in X5, when Sigma deliberately infects reploids all over the world and you get to interact with some of the doomed reploids who want to die before they lose their minds.

>> No.8242176
File: 457 KB, 600x1054, 171.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8242150
Robots going bad because of a computer virus is a very obvious trope to use. It'd be more interesting if the virus actually caused damage to the reploids over time until it eventually cut their lives short, and some of them started going violent out of desperation, panicking when the only people who show up are the Maverick Hunters trying to contain the virus by sacrificing the infected ("no one will help me, so everyone else can go to hell").

>> No.8242190

>>8242176
Sounds a bit like Casshern.

>> No.8242192

>>8242176
I feel that’s what they were going for with the Nightmare virus, given how it slowly drives them nuts and makes them panicky. If I remember correctly, Commander Yanmark in the Japanese version at least is extremely jumpy and thinks X has come to put a bullet in his back and fights him out of what is essentially self defense given how X immediately launches at him afterwards. Obviously it was Gate pulling the strings and making him act up but still

>> No.8242196
File: 119 KB, 900x1200, A8D196EE-37B6-4A8E-9777-01C60B8B64B9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8242190
Wait until you see the early design for X

>> No.8242205

>>8242196
>that fucking C

Come the fuck on man.

>> No.8242219

>>8242192
Yammark is jumpy because someone from his own unity sabotaged his flight wings and made him crash with no survivors.

>> No.8242227
File: 1.09 MB, 3264x2448, 18291AD2-CE00-4350-B265-16402FEB2A8D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8242219
They dropped the C but kept the collar and wings on the helmet

>> No.8242231

>>8242227
>You can see a bit of Zero in him
Inafune is such a fag

>> No.8242240
File: 151 KB, 626x931, 06195DFF-1114-48AC-A967-445DE3A29242.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8242231
Can only find Magazine scans of this one, so I’m not entirely sure if it’s legit or not but it looks like Inafune’s art style

>> No.8242250

>>8242240
I remember thinking that design looked awesome back when I was a kid, and wondering why he didn't look like that in-game. Looking at it now, it seems over-designed.

>> No.8242251
File: 945 KB, 3264x2448, 6B61C6A7-C0D4-4EB4-8C6B-4C55019691BF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

And this is the art I think he submitted that eventually became Zero

>> No.8242258

>>8242251
There’s a weird drawing of Zero and X without their helmets which reveal they don’t have any hair, just armor plates. Need to dig up the photo

>> No.8242263

>>8242258
It's on the wiki

>> No.8242264
File: 22 KB, 640x198, 11234C30-943B-489A-BFA0-277C22B34038.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8242263
That it is

>> No.8242304

>>8242205
Mega Man haa never been original. The fire breathing blue dogs from Mega Man 2 are named Friender and MMZ's story about "I AM A FAKE!?" was lifted straight from Hakkaider

>> No.8242324
File: 112 KB, 215x256, AliaArtc2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8242176
>Robots going bad because of a computer virus is a very obvious trope to use.
Yeah, but it shouldn't be the main cause. It's an issue you explore in one story while examining free will. The other stories should be about differences of opinion and perspective.

>> No.8242327

>>8242304
It's one thing to be unoriginal. But that design is straight-up HARRY POTTER OBAMA bootleg territory.

>> No.8242334

>>8239572
I could see in the hypothetical "Zero kills everyone " plot, Wily had found "immortality " by digitizing his brain waves or fuck becomes a cyborg bit by bit(something i wish the MM series had delved into before ZX) and his own modified control program virus upgraded into the Zero virus drove this AI upload insane, or hell maybe the whole Maverick virus was created as a result of a merging between the original robot virus and a converted electronic copy of a sentient human consciousness. Maybe thats even how X got his true free will, being based off a human intelligence.

>> No.8242339
File: 328 KB, 1600x1959, princess_sigmia_by_rockmiyabi_dcocavj-fullview.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8232752
>It upsets me that they went with the Saturday morning cartoon tactic of "it was Sigma all along" for the X series.
I often fantasize about this series being recreated but as a long running anime or something covering several seasons. Largely it would not re-use any villains. Instead the Maverick Wars would be the backdrop to explore questions and moral/philosophical issues around artificial intelligence, state control, free will, decadence, transhumanism, and such.

I'd have the Maverick Hunter's mission statement gradually expand in each season, the net catching all "mavericks" get bigger and bigger. By the very end, the main cast of Maverick Hunters would be labeled mavericks as well, replaced by new creations, having gone rogue after the human government that overseas them began ordering them to target humans for "retirement".

There are so many interesting ideas you could cover with the whole premise and setting. It's too bad it was never anything more than some action platformers.

>> No.8242363

>>8242339
I think they were definitely wanting to expand the scope a tad with the Maverick Hunter X reboot. Too bad that went nowhere.

>> No.8242371
File: 271 KB, 546x458, 1617289808326.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8242363
If you were rebooting the series, how cool might it have been to introduce a character like Signas or Alia a bit earlier? To have "Mavericks" from later games turn up in the earlier games? Like Blast Hornet, Web Spider, and Volt Kraken can show up as friendly support characters in the earlier games? Or stories.

>> No.8242414

>>8242324
That was X4's duty but it was poorly executed

>> No.8242437

>>8242371
The manga does that to an extent, but it still goes by a game to game basis. Might be in this thread or another one but an anon mentioned that in the X4 manga, Blizzard Buffalo from X3 becomes a Maverick Hunter and stays with the cast for several chapters before Frost Walrus murders him and X sort of loses his mind and goes on a merciless killing spree and even takes some enjoyment of executing the Mavericks. I know Double appears before X in his true form well before the reveal he’s a double agent to mock him, and the General calms X down from his bloodlust and salutes him before blowing up in the finale. Shame it hasn’t been translated, it sounds like a decent read

>> No.8242452
File: 836 KB, 1000x1192, 1632354542982.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8242414
It should be like this:
X1: Reploid Revolution with Sigma announcing a call to all arms to any reploid that desires the freedom to makes its own decisions and live its own life

X2: Continuation of X1's story. The surviving "Mavericks" are largely criminals and outlaws, falling in with the revolution out of necessity. First question about "what is a Maverick" since renegades like Bubble Crab and Wheel Gator aren't in this for any ideological reason nor are they crazed killers.

X3: Doppler Town is a fake Utopia. To enforce his peace Dr. Doppler uses a virus that lets him force reploids to do his bidding. Maverick Hunter is attacked after Blast Hornet sends a warning about the true nature of the place. When confronted with the imminent destruction of his own Dr. Doppler drives most of the reploids within his domain mad, preferring to burn his creation to the ground than set his people free. Jones Town.

X4: Context of the conflict could be modified. I don't think Maga Dragoon causing it all on his own fits, so there does need to be a greater purpose. It could ultimately just be paranoia as the leadership of Maverick Hunter fears that Repliforce will replace them and so they arrange to "prove" that Repliforce are a danger to humanity and need to be destroyed.

X5/X6: I wonder that the events of X4 shouldn't be the prologue for a storyline that combines these two plots. The destruction of the orbital weapon replaces the colony. The General's noble sacrifice is subverted since the true villain always intended for the weapons destruction to spread a virus around the world that would cull most reploids. Could be Dr. Gate or give us a young Dr. Weil.

X7: Solid premise, bad execution.

X8: Probably doesn't need many changes either.

X9: Continue the theme of reploid evolution but now combined with that metal in future series that lets humans and machines merge.

X10: Maverick Hunter are now the Mavericks.

>> No.8242465
File: 301 KB, 408x410, maverick1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

daily reminder sigma did nothing wrong

>> No.8242471

>>8242452
Concept: X5 has the Eurasia Incident take place as expected. When the X6 plot beats role around, Isoc drums up that the nightmare virus is being caused by Zero somehow which makes the Earth Government distrusting of the Maverick Hunters since “one of their own” somehow has the power to cause mass delusions/make reploids turn maverick, along with their knowledge that the colony and the sigma virus spread around in an attempt to awaken Zero’s true power

>> No.8242476

>>8242471
Not a bad idea, though I was avoiding the whole Zero sub-plot, which kind of took over the series for a while. Didn't want Sigma as a recurring villain. I do like the incident being used to undermine Maverick Hunter though.

>> No.8242483

>>8242476
Yeah obviously it’s up to you. If it was a seasonal thing then it would get tired pretty quickly with Sigma reappearing every few episodes. I remember watching this podcast thing on YT where the hosts talked about a possible X9 story and one of them mentioned that it would’ve been great if Sigma stayed dead past X5 which would make his semi return as the villain in X8 all the more impactful

>> No.8242486

>>8242452
I don't agree with your X10 pitch because eventually they'll become a shadow government first as Neo Arcadia, and later as the Elysium, with the highest ranking Maverick Hunters being designer First-Class Purge Officers, scheduling the execution of carbons/decoys if they reproduce past an acceptable number

>> No.8242494

>>8242483
>I remember watching this podcast thing on YT where the hosts talked about a possible X9 story and one of them mentioned that it would’ve been great if Sigma stayed dead past X5 which would make his semi return as the villain in X8 all the more impactful
Yeah, albeit if he was to return it shouldn't be as a virus. Rather as a symbolic manifestation of his warnings to X at the outset of the series finally having come true. >>8242486

>>8242486
>I don't agree with your X10 pitch because eventually they'll become a shadow government first as Neo Arcadia
I love the premise of ZX series but never played it. I'd rather see everything come full circle at the end of the X series instead, with Maverick Hunter as we know it forced to become Mavericks themselves.

>> No.8242516

>>8242476
>I was avoiding the whole Zero sub-plot, which kind of took over the series for a while.
Granted, I'm not sure how you could avoid it without totally rewriting Zero's origin. Maybe if it was a gradual thing that only came to its climax at the very end?

>> No.8242518

>>8242494
ZX games are great. If you like the Zero series you’ll like these. They’re more Metroid-ish and there’s a lot of walking one place to the other but the gameplay itself and the megamerging shit is the tits

>> No.8242521

>>8242516
Then again, was it ever necessary for the Light/Wily plot to rear its head in the X series? Part of me feels that Dr. Light's cameo in the capsules in X1 should have been it. Nothing after that.

>>8242518
Maybe some day.

>> No.8242530

>>8242521
It is theorized this is why Dr. Light never directly spoke to X prior to X5 beyond "this parts do this, go now" and why he avoids talking to Zero about anything that could tangentally relate to Wily. Dr. Light surely does NOT want X or Zero to be defined by the mistakes of himself and Wily, nor be dragged onto their feud.

But Wily is too stubborn to let go, even after death.

>> No.8242532

>>8242518
>>8242486
>>8242483
>>8242471
A few years ago after reading an old thread like this one I came up with my own concept for "Mavericks" in a new game. I'm not a visual artist, so all I can do is write a brief bio for them and describe their capabilities (and more vaguely their physical design). Would be nice to have a feedback.

I did have at the time a vague idea for the plot of the game they'd appear in, but didn't include it here.

>https://pastebin.com/qsUsgXJy

>>8242530
If it were up to me Dr. Light should have just been a hologram with those pre-recorded messages, but I'd have only had his capsules found in the first game/story. Or else have just a few of them spread across the series. Wily I'd just leave as the dream that Zero has.

>> No.8242551

I personally like the connections with the classic series and think the concept of Wilys presence, be it a highly altered viral form of his digitized consciousness stretched arguably all the way to the ZX games, fits well with the games. Assuming Carbons in Legends are some type of biomachine hybrids descended from the biometals/cyborg humans/reploids with organic components of the ZX games, it would be fitting to have the Wily Virus/Presence representive of this perverted combination of the human mind and machine, born from a robotics arms race during their introduction to the modern age.

>> No.8242553

>>8242516
Not the op who posted his X10 concept but here’s how I would structure. Think of this as a 50 episode tv show or something. 2 seasons

EP 1-12: X’s discovery, history on Reploids. Maverick Uprising. Zero DOES NOT DIE, but is out of commission for the next few episodes, didn’t want him dying twice. Maybe some background on Vile while we’re at it.

EP 13-26: X-Hunter’s arc. Serges is replaced with Isoc to provide better gateway to later stories, though he acts from behind the scenes and doesn’t face X directly. Sigma hailed as a martyr and some bizarre cult around him forms lead by the X Hunters as a means to stir up distrust for the Maverick Hunters. Several Mavericks posing as MH officers commit acts of terror to sully the name of the Hunters. Repliforce is formed as a sort of alternative by Dr Cain. Iris and Colonel introduced here

26-39: Repliforce rebellion caused by mutual distrust and political wrangling after Dr Cain dies of natural causes. Final Weapon is replaced with Eurasia, as other anon suggested. Sigma Virus introduced here as being some sort of puppet master. History of Zero revealed

40-50: Eurasia incident. Isoc basically revealed as Wily, colony causes serious damage to earth, Zero becomes a maverick and X is forced to stop him, though he still sacrifices himself in the finale to stop the Sigma virus/abomination. World begins being rebuilt, X has no memory of Zero and plans to build a sanctuary for reploids and Mavericks which becomes neo Arcadia. End on a very bittersweet note

>> No.8242561

>>8242553
That's a pretty good treatment, Anon. I like it.

>> No.8242562

>>8242452
Actually X2 could've been about the Maverick Hunters clearing out mavericks internally, since most bosses in that game were ex-Maverick Hunters (also Morph Moth had unique evolution powers for a reploid and no one knew where the fuck he came from).
X4 was fine though maybe Dragoon should've been a Repliforce officer who went rogue because he was sick of X - a mere maverick hunter - telling military-type reploids like him what they can or can't do.

>> No.8242563

>>8242561
Thanks. Shame there was no high kino X anime but a man can dream, at least there’s Day of Sigma

>> No.8242575

>>8242553
Oh and another thing. Magma Dragoon is there from the start. Starts off as strong and trustworthy soldier who X and Zero both admire, becomes more bitter as series progresses because of Sigma, the reploid he studied under, betraying the hunters and X’s special treatment until the Sky Lagoon incident. X refuses to believe he was the one who could have done it and when he confronts him and they duel to the death, the tech team analyses his body and find out he was never infected by the virus, and his programming was all in good shape meaning he did everything that he did of his own accord

>> No.8242580

>>8242486
Mixing ZX's plot with X's plot is a bad idea. MMX doesn't bleed into the Classic series much except for the Zero cameo.

>> No.8242602

>>8242575
>Oh and another thing. Magma Dragoon is there from the start
Definitely. Same with Magna Centipede, Web Spider, Blast Hornet, and Volt Kraken.

>> No.8242626

>>8242562
Thing is, Repliforce were founded by Dr. Cain to be the Hunters' support, not the other way around. Both are palamiritary law enforcements.

>> No.8242630

>>8242580
But gotta keep consistency, you can't have the Hunters suddenly be the Mavericks because of the role they'll have onto the future, lest you find yourself retconning shit a lot in future episodes.

>> No.8242762

>>8241658
That's a robot, not a cyborg.

>> No.8242776

>>8242762
That's a Robot, hence the term "Robot Master".

>> No.8242920
File: 505 KB, 906x1807, Rawkmang ecksfor.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Now that the dust has settled, which was the superior port

>> No.8242985

>>8242920
PS1

>> No.8243017

>>8242985
>>8242920
Saturn

>> No.8243225

>>8242920
Unlike Mega Man 8, both versions are identical, except for saturn using dithering to fake transparency.

>> No.8243718

Wacky lore thread

>> No.8243931

>>8242339
Tell me more anon that sounds like a kino idea

>> No.8244167
File: 603 KB, 816x588, vava&sigma.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8239291
I like to think the English localization genuinely thought Zero saying "they" (Vile and Sigma in context) was just a typo, and that they were correcting it by referring to "he" (just one of them, ie. Sigma). Or, also a very distinct possibility, the English localization was translated from an early Japanese script, as Mega Man X8 actually came out some time before Rockman X4. Clyde Mandelin coined the term "transcreation" in his A Link Between Worlds article on Legends of Localization as a possible reason why the Zora Queen is treated differently between the English and Japanese versions - a similar thing may have happened here, where the Japanese changed the script late in development and the English localizers didn't get the memo or couldn't update it in time. Either way, Dynamo still appears in the odd crossover spinoff, not to mention X Challenge, so I think it was ultimately a failed retcon attempt forgotten by Capcom.

>> No.8244198
File: 191 KB, 519x1285, X4SpotMedia.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8244167
>Mega Man X8 actually came out some time before Rockman X4.
I meant Rockman X8 (by over two months at that), but speaking of X4...
>>8243225
Saturn version has more going for it than that. The Sky Lagoon Area 2 and Magma Dragoon Stage has a neat heatwave effect in the background. The Eregion boss and Frost Walrus Stage themes have an opening crescendo. The music actually loops properly. The loading times are overall faster than the PS1 version outside of the initial boot-up. Downside is the transparency is missing so the Sky Lagoon Area 1 searchlights look rather meh, and a tiny portion of the top and bottom of the anime cutscenes are given "widescreen" black bars so part of the visual is cut. The Saturn version was actually the lead platform in this case, which is why the Japanese commercial used Saturn footage. Really though, it's down to which control scheme you prefer.

>> No.8244272

>>8244167
>Clyde Mandelin coined the term "transcreation" in his A Link Between Worlds article on Legends of Localization as a possible reason why the Zora Queen is treated differently between the English and Japanese versions
You mean how fat Oren is implied to be her true form in Japan and that got changed to a curse in the US?

>> No.8244278

>>8244198
The saturn version plays slower than PS1.

>> No.8244493

>>8244167
Tell me about the Zora queen how ia ahe treated differently between versions?

>> No.8244505
File: 127 KB, 1000x407, X vs Zero.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8242553
Based.

I'm actually a wannabe screenwriter and was beating out an idea for a short TV series/edgy anime taking place before X1 as a writing exercise, kind of like the Day of Sigma but with more character development and robot fights. Also I came up with a plausible take on what happened between Classic and X which hasn't been done before AFAIK.

>> No.8244516

>>8244505
>Also I came up with a plausible take on what happened between Classic and X which hasn't been done before AFAIK.
Wekk, canon sources already mentioned here say robots were banned between classic and X, replaced by mechaniloids, but what waa your take on it?

>> No.8244547
File: 381 KB, 650x1394, LoLpr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8244272
It was something about needing the magical gem in the pool to contain her power. The idea of "transcreation" isn't even entirely a new one - way back in Super Mario World, there's an enemy called a "Fishin' Boo" that's based on the game's Fishin' Lakitu. Mario fans were convinced that the Boo reference was a localization change and they're just supposed to be Lakitu ghosts unrelated to Boos since their original Japanese name is "Spook". Then the gigaleak happened, and it turned out that the English name is based on an early Japanese name, "Fishing Telesa" (Fishing Boo), so the concept was always a Lakitu/Boo hybrid all along. And Super Mario World released in North America nearly a YEAR after the Japanese version, so they had every reason to believe it was invented in localization (same with Yoshi's Island's "Super Mario World 2", which was learned via gigaleak to have been based on the Japanese title "Super Mario Bros. 5" before being shortened to "Super Mario"). Granted, this example is Nintendo here, not Capcom, but I'd imagine it's not unheard of to see similar instances across the industry, and things we wouldn't even know about to boot.
>>8244278
Not according to the Mega Man RTA Leaderboards. Quote: "The US Playstation version is considered the "standard" version. Faster original versions (PC, Saturn) will have loads converted to match. Slower versions (Japanese PS1, PS3) will not, but will still be listed." The PlayStation version is the more common original version so it's the standard for convenience sake.
>>8244493
https://legendsoflocalization.com/fat-beauty-and-a-link-between-worlds-localization/

>> No.8244574 [SPOILER] 
File: 462 KB, 1076x1050, 1634489061991.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8244516
Basically that but the catalyst is Megaman eventually getting sick of Wily's shit and just fucking killing him. This event leads to the term Maverick being coined and causes robotics to stagnate. Additionally, the analysis of Megaman's brain is what allows Dr. Light to develop true Sentience for X. I was also thinking:
>A "real robot" treatment - e-crystals replaced with Helium 3, Reploids occasionally breaking down and needing repairs/spare parts, which can be played for both drama and comedy
>Overpowered OC that serves as a crypto-ironic commentary on overpowered OCs
>How Sigma built up his mechaniloid army without anyone noticing
>References to the Zero series, a maverick kills an infant Dr. Weil's family and we meet Andrew during his baker days
>Dr. Cain's efforts to cover up Zero's origins from the government
>>8237469 and the implications thereof

So far I came up with an overarching plot - """someone""" keeps building purpose built combat mechaniloids that can't be traced to any known factories and is handing them out to mavericks (mostly random nihilistic spree killers) for shits and giggles. Sigma runs the investigation personally whilst becoming radicalized. I don't know, if I actually get around to writing this I want to try something "deep" while still having an "edgy silly early 90s anime" feel.

>> No.8244619

>>8244574
Classic Mega Man killing Wily, I know the translated Mega Man 7 did that thread so you're using that as a basis? Although you could introduce the term Maverick even earlier than that, during King's revolt.

>> No.8244639
File: 47 KB, 720x834, Autistic zoomer skeleton.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8244574
>>Overpowered OC that serves as a crypto-ironic commentary on overpowered OCs

>> No.8244649

>>8244574
If megaman kills Wily you can't just fucking bring him back as Serges at all. He should wound him, thus making even the robot who's protecting humans a big liability.

>> No.8244652

>>8244574
ngl senpai, the OC idea is terrible and never give audiences too much credit, even if it's ironic people won't be able to tell

>> No.8244653
File: 39 KB, 599x600, 1592957505820 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8239508
>>8239532
>>8241486
Light's robots being decommissioned like nothing is even more sadder to me than the autistic over-the-top fan theory for me. I don't like it one bit.

>> No.8244657

>>8242553
No X3 rep? C'mon man, at least throw Dr. Doppler in there. Maybe as Cain's "successor"? Pretty good otherwise tho.

>> No.8244662
File: 41 KB, 460x422, Please be patient I have autism apu.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8244619
I know. I never actually played Megaman and Bass, did King actually kill anyone canonically?

Also I think that even if Wily's robots did kill people, I think this hypothetical incident that I'm ripping off from 7 would cause more of a panic amongst the populace - a robot that was created with the purpose of killing is one thing, but a "good" robot like Megaman disregarding his programming/orders is something completely different IMO. I also think that combing that incident with the coining of the term "maverick" would demarcate a clear line between the classic and X series - no more Megaman, no more Wily, just Dr. Light, his secret lab, and a world that doesn't want anything to do with him.

>>8244639
>>8244652
>Arsenal Apustaja
>Was programmed with the mind of a child with the intention of him being able to organically grow into maturity, with the idea being that this will lead to greater mental stability and wisdom than most reploids
>Segmented fingers instead of White gloves, each finger tip has a small buster so he can shit out a ton of rapid fire shots
>Can combine them for a Kamehameha/charge shot
>VOTOMS pile bunker fist
>200 Decibel sonic screech/REEE which can instantly kill humans, shatter glass, and disorient reploids
>Can launch a bunch of tiny missiles because anime, by shooting them all off he becomes
>Extra powerful thrusters because he's a frog and frogs can jump high
>"rucksack" which plugs into his back, equipped with auxiliary rocket launchers, a "micro enigma" plasma cannon, extra thrusters to improve his mobility, and an auxiliary reactor to power these
>Is beloved by navigators because he's the closest thing to a cute child that humans will let near them

Basically a shitpost, but one that would sort of make sense in context.

>> No.8244673
File: 418 KB, 785x643, hfhgf.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8244653
They've always been decommissioned. They're really scared of it too but they can't refuse the order to jump into the grinder when their time is up. Either they work knowing that they'll be put down one day or they get tricked into fighting.

>> No.8244675

>>8244649
>>8244649
I like the idea of Serges not necessarily being uploaded Wily, but a copy of Wily's memories that was uploaded into a reploid/computer., if that makes sense - a distinct individual that is Wily but isn't Wily at the same time. Perhaps between 20XX and 21XX he could've been dormant in a computer, Bass' last orders being to take care of said computer/storage device until a body that could interact with the world becomes available. This explains why Zero was still incomplete when he was uncovered by Sigma. Assuming Wily's uploaded mind was still conscious for 100-ish years but unable to interact with the world also explains his more murderous nature in the X series as opposed to the classic series.

>> No.8244676

Mega Man threatening to kill Wily in Mega Man 7 was just an invention of the English translation. It's not in the original script.

I don't think the ending of the original series needs to be so dramatic. I'd imagine that as Wily's health declined his schemes became fewer and fewer. Perhaps he learned of Dr. Light's final project and began work on his own. There's no final battle or massacre; both scientists just retreat into their labs hidden away from the world and try to finish their masterpieces. Light dies of natural causes and with him gone Wily's motivation to attack the world is gone for good. Shortly thereafter, he dies as well.

Mega Man and co live in peace until they wear out.

>> No.8244679

>>8244662
King doesn’t kill anyone, no. He just talks a lot of flack and cuts Protoman in half

>>8244657
As much as I like the idea of Doppler pulling off some kind of cult town a la Jonestown, and Bit and Byte getting fleshed out into the complete nutters they are in the Manga, X3 doesn’t really have any of an impact on the overarching plot, bar Sigma being revealed as a virus whereas each of the other games at least have a certain plot thread carry over into the other

>> No.8244682

>>8244675
He could be a copy of Wily but Wily probably didn't have that idea until right before he died. There's no evidence of it until power fighters.

>> No.8244691

>>8244679
>X3 doesn’t really have any of an impact on the overarching plot
Doesn't need to. Like I said, the point of the series was to explore the issues mentioned previously. The impact of X3 is the exploration of the subversion of free will to achieve peace.

>> No.8244698

>>8244662
>did King actually kill anyone canonically?
Of course not, Inafune hated the idea of anyone dying in classic, it's a Saturday morning cartoon. However Wily did program King to act in name of robot supremacy to serve as s new distraction and source of chaos cause at face value, King was treated in universe as the first robot to rebel against humanity

>> No.8244703

>>8244662
I think the best way to approach the whole ‘earth turns on Mega Man’ concept is honestly the Quint debacle. As much as Inafune tends to sperg over the classic series being a Saturday morning cartoon, he’s not wrong. Having Zero kill everyone or Mega Man blowing Wily’s skull open doesn’t fit the tone of the series that gave us Toad Man, Charge Man and Spring Man. The idea that the Earth government shits itself when Mega Man, the incorruptible hero that saved the world countless times was able to be reprogrammed into a weapon of destruction that caused mass havoc and chaos, along with the expiration date for all robots, causing them to cease all robotics development and shut down every machine with a personality is not just more understandable, but also quite sad and effective

>> No.8244731

>>8244691
That’s fair. I’m sure I could work Doppler in somehow but trying to keep it as tight as possible to match a set episode limit, as well as cover the super important fan favourite arcs a la Repliforce and Erasuire, it was a omission I was forced to make

>> No.8244734

>>8231001
and failed miserably, unless you are robo furry, if thye wanted to feel bad for the villains robot dont make it generic bad animals

>> No.8244737

>>8244734
Storm Eagle did nothing wrong

>> No.8244748

>>8244734
Storm Eagle was blackmailed by Sigma, he did not want to take part of his rebellion

>> No.8244752

>>8244731
Space Colony Eurasia crashing onto Earth can't be skipped, it's a crucial part of the story that has repercussions not only in X6 but all the way to ZX and ZX Advent

>> No.8244757

>>8232703
is almost like Ai was a bad idea and morons keep building death machines just because we need a plot for the game

>> No.8244760

>>8244676
>Mega Man threatening to kill Wily in Mega Man 7 was just an invention of the English translation. It's not in the original script.
Mega Man threatening to kill Wily was always part of the MM7 ending. The localization only changed Mega Man's response to Wily when he invokes First Law.

>> No.8244763

You know, after some consideration and analyzing the Power Fighters ending again, I wonder if Wily made Zero based on his discovery of Evil Energy, and his "other project" is his attempt to transfer his consciousness into a robotic body. According to Duo in MM8, the Evil Energy is actually a sapient alien substance that absorbs evil within robots minds and then multiplies as to infect more robots. Dr. Light found out that performing a full analysis of it was impossible (much like Zero's system). An entity made out of pure energy is an interesting concept since it can be a power source, be translated into electrical signals (and be transmitted as a virus) and even be converted into mass. Due to this method of replication, the original source can only be harnessed by beings of pure evil. The Wily virus made from it probably works in the same manner, "absorbing" Zero's destructive programming when he fought Sigma and had the migraines, and then spreading to Sigma and the rest of the reploids. Only someone who's pure evil could have it in their system and not die from it (like Wily in robot form).
It's really somber when you lean back and realize how dark the lore gets from Classic to X. No wonder Duo's so worried about this shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJPp3QVcD6w&t=49s

>> No.8244765

>>8244757
See >>8241976

>> No.8244768

>>8244752
I know. I’m saying I wanted to focus on that and Repliforce as they’re extremely important plot points that effect later games whereas Doppler Town brings up neat ideas, but would fill up the episode count and leave less room for those parts, hence why I opted to skip it when thinking up arcs and stuff

>> No.8244770

>>8232834
"dna resurrection" since when rebuilding a robot need such complicated and retarded wording?, is fixing my car dna fuckception too?

>> No.8244778

>>8244679
>X3 doesn’t really have any of an impact on the overarching plot
X3 was about innocent reploids losing their minds and being forever unable to stop themselves. Doppler was the best reploid scientist around and was also Cain's best friend. He was sure he'd fine a solution to the maverick problem but his tragedy proved the opposite very quickly. He was Gate before Gate, but with good intentions.

>> No.8244782

>>8244737
He was goaded into rebelling by Storm Owl, who was teasing him with back-handed compliments about Eagle's status captain of a WHOLE SINGLE SHIP where-as Owl was getting an entire fleet.

It was just pride.

>> No.8244785

>>8237460
because capcom fucked up making his pity the robots things a failure, i feel bad for the classic era ones but the sentient ones makes me laugh

>> No.8244786

>>8244748
>Storm Eagle was blackmailed by Sigma, he did not want to take part of his rebellion
No, Eagle attacked Sigma and was defeated. Submitting after that. It was Sting Chameleon, in MHX, who was being blackmailed with "hostages".

>> No.8244787

>>8244778
Ah shit I wasn’t aware of the deeper lore. Always thought it was surface deep Doppler corrupted by Sigma stuff.

>> No.8244789

>>8244770
Robot Masters and Zero work under more realistic tech called IC Circuits, they're the chips you pick up from the beated Mega Man 1 bosses.

X works under unexplained irreal technology called a DNA Soul and that served as a basis for reploids. Because Zero runs on older tech, as long as his IC Circuit works, he can be brought back. DNA Souls, not so much. All that is known is that when a reploid dies, his electronic consciousness might appear in Cyberspace.

>> No.8244790
File: 258 KB, 1310x864, Sting Chameleon.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8237460
Realistically speaking, some environments in which reploids work are not ideal for humanoid body structures, and a lot of animals are better suited for certain places than humans. For example Sting Chameleon had the abilities of a chameleon like the gripping fingerprints that he could use to easily stalk along trees and optical invisibility for stealth scouting missions.
Not all of them are animals. Most are still humanoids and look a lot like X. Mechaniloids with different shapes (like spider robots) for example are more fit for heavy duty work that takes advantage of their bodytype like construction or terraforming.

>> No.8244792

>>8244757
>is almost like Ai was a bad idea and morons keep building death machines just because we need a plot for the game
If I were in the MMX universe I'd be that guy who keep saying that we could end these wars if we'd just stop building reploids. That the survival of our people is in jeopardy.

I'd be ignored of-course.

>> No.8244796

>>8244786
It’s funny really cause when you fight him in game, he brings up the hostage thing as if it’s a joke like “well MAAAAYBE there’s hostages involved” and he seems to be really off the deep end, probably the most out of control maverick in the remake

>> No.8244797

>>8244786
Chameleon was blackmailed? He seemed loyal to Sigma's cause

>> No.8244798

>>8244787
Dopple Town was built as a safe haven for reploids, and Doppler promised he'd find a solution that would save them all, so they wouldn't have to live in fear of malfunctions and viruses ruining their lives (and the Maverick Hunters ending them) or being killed by Mavericks themselves.
He's the only character in the series who does this, too. Nobody else has tried the same thing before or since. Doppler was a casualty, really.

>> No.8244801

>>8244768
>I know. I’m saying I wanted to focus on that and Repliforce as they’re extremely important
Bring in Repliforce right after the conclusion of the first Maverick Rebellion (X2). Have them provide support during the Doppler Incident.

Maverick Hunter: Special Operations
Repliforce: More like the Army/Navy/Airforce

>> No.8244804

>>8244786
>>8244797
Sting Chameleon couldn't give less of a shit about hostages. He's a douchebag and a coward who uses underhanded tactics and dirty tricks to succeed at his job. If a few people have to die so he can complete the mission, so be it. He was most likely on board with the idea of going Maverick.

>> No.8244805

>>8244792
There's a lot of government interests involved, including the saving of costs. X8 epilogue says despite Lumine going Maverick and society pushing for a ban on next gen reploids, after some time, the ban was lifted because shape shifting robots were just cheaper than building specialized units.

Incidentally, it is believed the Eight Gentle Judges themselves are products of this ban lift, since they shape shift between two preset forms

>> No.8244807

>>8239251
is almost like the smart robots were a mistake

>> No.8244813

>>8244807
You don't say, humanity will go extinct after ZXA

>> No.8244815

>>8244797
>>8244796
Well I'm just going by the dialog. I agree that Chameleon not being a true believer is a bit of a surprise, but it's an odd choice by the writers to throw the hostage concept in there.

Perhaps in this theoretical rewrite we've been talking about though, it should be Eagle who is blackmailed. Could explain why, at the last minute, he rebels against Sigma by making his entrance to X with the destruction of his own ship, sending crashing deliberately into Spark Mandrill's power plant. However he insists on being destroyed as a Maverick to preserve his honor and atone for the destruction he has taken part in.

>Armored Armadillo
There should be at least someone at Maverick Hunter who insists he's not a maverick and that the only reason he's involved in the rebellion is because he was programmed to loyally follow the incorruptible Sigma, and thus it's all Dr. Cain's fault.

>> No.8244816

>>8244801
Yeah my intent was to introduce them during the second of four acts. It would go like this

>Act 1: X discovered, reploids built, sigma rebellion and his death
>Act 2: X-Hunters form a sort of cult around Sigma. Serges is replaced with Isoc. Terror attacks committed by Mavericks disguised as hunters causes Dr Cain to form Repliforce as a clean “alternative”
>Act 3: Repliforce coup, Zero’s background revealed, Final weapon replaced with Eurasia which leads directly into
>Act 4: Eurasia incident, Zero becomes Maverick, Sigma virus destroyed, X has no memory of zero and plans to build Neo Arcadia

>> No.8244824

>>8244816
>Terror attacks committed by Mavericks disguised as hunters causes Dr Cain to form Repliforce as a clean “alternative”
Sigma rebelling and taking most of the prime hunters with him is reason enough to replace Maverick Hunter. Though the terrorist acts idea is great, I think it should be saved for later on when Red Alert and the New Generation reploids roll around.

The X5 cast, Alia, Signas, and Lifesaver, ect, should be introduced right from the start, though Signas wouldn't be the leader yet.

>> No.8244826

>>8244815
Chameleon was lying about the hostages, anon. He uses dirty tricks to get X to hesitate during the fight.

>> No.8244830

>>8244824
Yeah that was the plan. Having Alia and the crew pop up in the last 10 episodes seemed pointless. Wanted to give Magma Dragoon more screen time too, as well as have Double and Douglas have some form of comradery which is shattered when Double turns out to be a raging killing machine. Flesh them out you know

>> No.8244831

>>8244826
Fair point. Been years since I've seen that scene.

Regardless, the hostage concept should be used for another of the rebelling Maverick Hunters.

>> No.8244840

>>8244830
Magna Centipede should be a supporting character during the X1 events, but get captured near the end and disappear, only to return in his brainwashed form during the events X2.
>we could see Overdrive Ostrich' accident
>Volt Kraken, Web Spider, and Blast Hornet should appear from the outset as supporting characters who don't join Sigma

>Magna Centipede, Web Spider, and Blast Hornet are all part of the Special Unit that Zero commands
>None of them went Maverick of their own choice
>All based on "bugs"
Interesting.

>> No.8244845

>>8244824
>>8244830
Signas was appointed CO of HQ after the previous unseen commander was dishonorably discharged after the Repliforce Incident. Maybe introduce Signas as a second in command prior to that.

There was ba popular theory Dr. Cain created Signas based on the best of Colonel and Sigma to be the ultimate leader, you could use that.

>>8244840
Wait, wasn't Magna Centipede part of the 17th Elite Unit?

>> No.8244853

>>8244845
I toyed with the idea of Signas actually being a refined version of Sigma in his original design, being based more on defense than brute strength (hence why he’s got quite a blocky appearance). After Sigma goes apeshit and rebels, Signas is quickly built to serve as a replacement for the head of the Hunters but with more tweaks to his design and coding to give him a strategic edge too. Just snowballing though

>> No.8244854

>>8244792
From a utilitarian perspective, what can a reploid do that a robot master can't?

>> No.8244862

>>8244845
>Wait, wasn't Magna Centipede part of the 17th Elite Unit?
I recall him being part of Zero's unit. I might be mistaken, but we are imagining a new version of canon events, so I say all the "bug" designs should be part of the Special Unit under Zero's command.

Signas idea is solid.

Here's another idea though: why not push the Repliforce "revolt" back a bit? Let them star alongside Maverick Hunter as good guys for at least one major plot, participating in it (including their well known commanders who die in "X4"), before the whole civil war happens.

>>8244854
A reploid can revolt of their own free will, but perhaps in theory, it is harder to make them go berserk or rebel against their free will too.
Let's ignore MM9 for a moment. You can hack a robot master and easily use them for your evil schemes. You can't hack a reploid though. You can maybe convince them to participate or you have to pay them off or blackmail them or otherwise coerce them if they won't willingly join your hairbrained scheme to TAKE OVER THE WORLLLLLD~

>> No.8244869

>>8244854
kill people lmao

>> No.8244871

>>8244854
Robot masters are computers that can talk.
Reploids are AI with machine learning.

>> No.8244872

>>8244662
stupid frogposter

>> No.8244873

>>8244862
>A reploid can revolt of their own free will, but perhaps in theory, it is harder to make them go berserk or rebel against their free will too.
>Let's ignore MM9 for a moment. You can hack a robot master and easily use them for your evil schemes. You can't hack a reploid though. You can maybe convince them to participate or you have to pay them off or blackmail them or otherwise coerce them if they won't willingly join your hairbrained scheme to TAKE OVER THE WORLLLLLD~

To extend this thought. It should be established early on >>8244816 that reploids CANNOT be hacked. You can't just inject code into one's "brain" and mind control it. They have their base design parameters and their personality on top of that, but not known hacking technique can subvert it. Hence why reploids going berserk are considered flaws since it is not possible any virus could do so. Reploid software/machine brains are too robust for that.

Hence, later one when a virus is discovered that CAN affect a reploids mind and make them an obedient servant or a mindless killer it is a big deal and changes the whole landscape.

>> No.8244876

>>8244854
According to the development document they were allowed to thrive for behavioral research. Dr. Light wanted robots with free will so they could carry out tasks in a more nuanced way and think things through before carrying out their duties.

"I've been tasked to cut down this tree, but upon further analysis, this tree is acting as a support to this cliff, it could be dangerous. I better report back", while a Robot Master like Cut Man would go "haha Rolling Cutter goes brr- OH NO AAAHH"

>> No.8244879

>>8244862
Yeah that was another thing I had in mind. The Repliforce are introduced during the second arc as a sort of clean alternative to the maverick hunters and both parties help each other out and have a strong relationship. Iris and Colonel are brought in at this point and we get several episodes focusing on building their characters, especially in regards to Zero’s interactions with them. Dr Cain sort of enforced a rule where they will both work together and be equal soldiers. However, when Dr Cain dies, infighting breaks out on who should replace with the other which spirals into the coup which triggers Eurasia

>> No.8244884

>>8244879
Obviously these are just basic plot points that I haven’t fully thought out, so things might overlap or contradict each other in hindsite. It’s all up for restructuring

>> No.8244885

>>8244873
Let us not forget though that the earliest reploids like Vile went Maverick due to flaws on their electronic brains, before Wily's computer began broadcasting the virus. Dr. Cain did not understand X's design and changed some parts with off the shelf parts.

The very earliest reploids were lacking a suffering circuit like X's too, to act as their moral compass.

>> No.8244886

>>8244879
Does this have Repiforce going into revolt of their own free will then? I always liked the tragedy of it in MMX4; that Repliforce was more or less forced into it by Sigma's meddling. Now personally I think Sigma should stay dead after X1, but his adherents or someone else manipulating Maverick Hunter and Repliforce into open conflict is still a good idea.

>> No.8244893

Furthermore, robot master are much inferior to reploids spec-wise. Reploids get work done much faster. They built multiple orbital colonies around Earth in less than 100 years.

>> No.8244898

>>8244893
>Furthermore, robot master are much inferior to reploids spec-wise.
Obviously, but that's because they were built more than a century before the first reploids were. Technology in general had advanced.

>> No.8244901

>>8244886
I intended to have Isoc meddle behind the scenes. He also oversees the X Hunters from the shadows (who are now Agile, Violen and a new character) and prods Repliforce into staging the coup by manipulating the uneasy relationship with the Hunters

>> No.8244902

>>8244886
Repliforce's revolt in the game proper was completely out of their own will, but General clarified it wasn't an insurrection nor rebellion against humans.

It's just, Split Mushroom and Cyber Peacock were sending fake orders to make the Repliforce be seen under a worse light, like ordering Jet Stingray to destroy a city, while there's the implication Wily had his own hand on the design and orders of Final Weapon, hence the skull in the background of the Engine room

>> No.8244909

>>8244901
>Agile, Violen and a new character
Bring back Vile as an X-Hunter?

>>8244902
>Repliforce's revolt in the game proper was completely out of their own will
Yes, but a free will subjected to someone deliberating orchestrating events to force them into making that choice. It was much an act of free will as is retracting your hand from a hot surface.

>> No.8244914

>>8244909
Ooh that’s a good idea. I was gonna have him survive until the end of the first season (around 26 episodes), so having him join this elite unit that is dedicated to killing X seems right up his alley

>> No.8244916

>>8244886
>Does this have Repiforce going into revolt of their own free will then?
Yes.
>"Crash this ship with no survivors and I'll help you fight X for real" - Sigma
>"Sure" - Dragoon
>"Colonel, you're in the crime scene right after it happened. We need to ask you some questions" - X
>"Am I being detained?" - Colonel
>"Stop resisting" - Hunters
>"We didn't do any of this. If you want us gone then we'll leave the planet then" - General
>"STOP RESISTING" - Hunters

>> No.8244927

>>8244916
>Somebody advocates not acting in haste against Repiforce' revolt
>Suggests that they be allowed to peacefully leave
>Truth comes out that the whole thing was a Maverick scheme by Sigma loyalists
>High Command says it doesn't matter since the idea of a reploid nation anywhere is not an option

A moment where X is forced to grow up a little bit more and realize how cynical the world can be. First seeds of real doubt in his mind.

>> No.8244931

>>8244927
This makes sense, one of X4's poorly executed ideas is the use of the term Maverick as a red scare tactic. The human government did NOT take kindly on reploids wanting their own country band promptly classified them all Maverick, declaring the entire force was malfunctioning.

>> No.8244947

How are reploids created? How do they develop their personalities? There must be some random element in it. Like, you can design a reploid's physical capabilities and some kind of baseline for the personality, but there must be limits. You can't predict how the final result will come out. Kind of like Mass Effect's "Blue Box" AI, which have a quantum computer at their core that is unique and can't be copied. Also takes years for an AI to develop in Mass Effect. Something like that for reploids? A learning process?

>Design complex battle reploid
>Finest weapon systems available built into it
>incredibly powerfmind
>but when activate it quickly decides to dedicate its life to reviewing 150 year-old episodes of Kitchen Nightmares on Youtube

>> No.8244992 [SPOILER] 
File: 89 KB, 621x661, 1634497512924.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8244947
>Be picrel
>Doesn't want to hunt mavericks
>Only wants to play Quake and Doom

>> No.8244998

>>8244992
Don't want to hunt mavericks?
Want to play violent video games!?
Sounds like a maverick to me.

>> No.8245003

>>8239526
As far as I'm aware, he just kinda sternly wagged his finger at the game in retrospect, his personal dislike doesn't mean he decanonized it or anything. It's advertised in the Japanese 8 after all.
>>8244763
Maybe the Japanese version said something else, but when Duo was explaining Evil Energy in MM8, he said the word "person" with an on-screen image of Dr. Wily, the implication being it affects humans too. Which, come to think of it, might make it somewhat similar to Roboenza, assuming Mega Man was right that Wily caught Roboenza at the end of MM10.

>> No.8245009

>>8245003
I read a fan fic years ago where Wily became evil because he was exposed to what was implied to be Evil Energy while dismantling a space probe or satellite that he and Dr. Light had recovered.

>> No.8245035
File: 235 KB, 891x1863, MMIIED.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Reminder that Rockman & Forte and Mega Man 10 reconfirmed the Game Boy games as canon, and Mega Man's thirst for Wily's blood in the first three or so gets memory-holed.

>> No.8245095

>>8245035
Imagine the catharsis Mega Man would feel when he finally pulls off Wily's lower jaw and then his head.

>> No.8245096

>>8241742
lol why didnt copy x went ot space to mine what a dork, teenage robots amirite?

>> No.8245118

>>8239293
In most of the Classic series, Wily is painted as something more of a lovably evil, doomed to fail and it seems like they're borderline accepting of that fact, Saturday morning cartoon villain, along the lines of Team Rocket from the Pokemon anime or Dick Dastardly from Wacky Races, than somebody truly nefarious or even seriously threatening. Yeah, sure, he fights and all that, but at the end of the day he's always cartoonishly begging for forgiveness with a "Drats! Foiled again!" level of anger. The concept of him having the ability to put humanity at any true risk from beyond the grave is a bit silly, but obviously more in line with the X series dramatic tone.

>> No.8245134

>>8245096
Over exploitation across 4 centuries (from 20XX to 24XX), in the artwork of Neo Arcadia from Complete Works there are several space elevators whose duty was to transport workers into the mines of other planets, however the resource simply wasn't there anymore as it used to. That's why Ciel was adamant about developing the Ciel System, whose final result is the Quantum Refractor. It needs only 10 Energy Crystals to cause volcanic force on an engine using Earth's own volcanoes to refine the EC into a Refractor.

>>8244947
The equivalent to a Blue Box AI from ME would be their DNA Soul.

>> No.8245137

>>8245118
It makes sense when you understand that the tone of a series is tied to the protagonist.

In "reality" the events of the classic series are probably just as dramatic, high stakes, and grim as what comes later. However Mega Man has child-like perspective, so we just don't perceive that.

>> No.8245152

>>8231182
>No wonder MMZ starts with the tyrant copy X oppressing the shit out of reploids in the name of humanity to the point organized resistance was formed. They were literally throwing reploids into trash compactors to be crushed. Shit was so fucked up they resurrected zero in order to clean up the mess.

I heard that originally Megaman Zero was going to have the real X as the villian and it wasn't going to be a copy but I dont know how true true that is. It sounds better though.

>> No.8245158
File: 142 KB, 512x640, coff-e-tank_6clr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245035
Where do you guys put the World / Game Boy games in the classic series timeline? Common sense puts it in release order, but the problem with that is it puts V between 6 & 7, and pretty much nothing can take place there due to Wily being jailed for once. (I'd also argue that I shouldn't take place between 3 & 4 since Wily is presumed dead - Mega Man was too bust daydreaming of Proto Man to see the saucer in the distance to the right at the end of 3, and when told Wily's behind it all in 4, his initial reaction is stunned silence.) The most common timeline theories I see put them at the earliest point they can be when you factor the Robot Masters that show up in each game and the state of the Mega Buster over time, but as 9 & 10 show, the Mega Buster's upgrade isn't set in stone. I like to put them all sequentially between 5 & 6, and that's because it satisfies two conditions: 1) 4's intro directly states that Mega Man thwarted Wily three times in the past, which only leaves room for the previous three NES games, and 2) V's intro confusingly states that Wily had been defeated for the fourth time (same in Japanese version), obviously referring to the Game Boy games, but with those games taking place between the NES games, the only way that makes sense to me is if it meant Wily's fourth CONSECUTIVE defeat in a row. For similar reasons, I put both Xtreme games between X3 & X4 - Doppler says that he can't believe X defeated Sigma twice in the past, even though I'm pretty sure Capcom confirmed Xtreme's timeline placement as between X2 & X3, which retroactively means the good doc can't count.

>> No.8245164
File: 162 KB, 1670x926, Megaman lore.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245118
One trope that's criminally underused is when the main villain of the Saturday morning cartoon finds an incredibly dangerous weapon he shouldn't have found and unleashing it upon the world, unaware of the fact that what he just did will cause death and suffering on an unimaginable scale - way beyond his comparatively tame plans to win against the heroes - ruining the world for centuries to come.

>> No.8245183

>>8245152
>I heard that originally Megaman Zero was going to have the real X as the villian and it wasn't going to be a copy but I dont know how true true that is. It sounds better though.
I believe that is the original concept. Would have been cool.

Of-course, at one time Zero was X for Mega Man X. I like to imagine an alternate X series where Zero is the protagonist and he's fighting reploids built off of X. A Wily robot saving the world from descendants of Light.

>> No.8245192

>>8245152
>>8245183
X is the one robot who knows the most about suffering and how not to cause it. He spent 30 years in a pod learning about it. Having him become a main villain would've been absolutely fucking retarded and a betrayal of his character that was built over the course of the entire X series - arguably the most important part of the timeline in the entire franchise.

>> No.8245195

>>8245192
>Having him become a main villain would've been absolutely fucking retarded
Not really. Depends on your POV. Plenty of people with good intentions cause great suffering.

>> No.8245208

>>8245195
X knows he loses his mind when he gets too powerful, that's why he discards his weapon chips and extra armor after every conflict. He refuses to become president of the world because he knows he's a soldier, not a politician, and he only governs Neo Arcadia (which by the way turned out fantastic while he was in office) because there's no one else to do that job. Going "if you don't do as I say, you die" is Zero's modus operandi.

>> No.8245217
File: 109 KB, 320x240, dontberidicoolis.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245152
>>8245183
For better or worse, Copy X was part of the post-X6 rewrite. On one hand, it's a shame because X4 hinted that Zero would be the one to have to put down a Maverick X. On the other hand, it'd probably have been very out of character since the whole point is that X had all that time invested to pass Light's ethics reliability tests that the subsequent Reploids did not. It'd have to have been very tricky to pull off right if they kept X as antagonist.

>> No.8245221

>>8245158
Technically, the GB games were never meant to be canon to the rest of the series. Just disregard any time the games say "Wily was defeated X times", as it's simply a result of different development teams not being coordinated.
>MM1
>MM2
>MMIGB
>MM3
>MMIIGB
>MM: Wily Wars
>MM4
>MMIIIGB
>MM5
>MMIVGB
>MMVGB
>MM6

>> No.8245227

>>8245221
Oh, and in regards to Wily Wars, only the Wily Tower part happened.

>> No.8245228

>>8245217
I think it would make sense for X become an antagonist as originally envisioned for the Zero series but doing so would also be very cynical. Just depends on what message you want the series to have. X become a tyrant was likely a result of his sense of hopeless and desperation at the ceaseless war. That's a very grim message.

>> No.8245240

>>8245228
X turning evil is very obviously Inafune wanting to get rid of X because Capcom told him not to make Zero the protag of MMX.

>> No.8245251

>>8245240
>X turning evil
Evil is subjective to a large degree.

>> No.8245254

>>8245251
Anon, look at Copy X and remind yourself that that was meant to be the real X. You're calling that subjective?

>> No.8245258
File: 89 KB, 556x764, 24212_back.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245227
The whole plot of The Wily Wars is that Wily's using a time machine and now Mega Man has to relive some past adventures. It's in the Japanese manual too. Now, what other game had time travel in the plot? Mega Man II. That implies it's the same time machine. (Wily Tower, I assume, takes place in the present, except this time Mega Man kept his weapons.)

>> No.8245259

>>8245254
I haven't played any of the games after X5 and only sort of vaguely remember the plots from watching reviews or ClementJ let'splays.

>> No.8245267

>>8245258
And the intro of WW has the Robot Masters crashing Dr. Light's demonstration of Mega Man, with no mention of time travel.

>> No.8245270

>>8245221
>Technically, the GB games were never meant to be canon to the rest of the series.
Dr. Wily's Revenge is about Wily reviving robots that Mega Man previously defeated, and the "rematch" theme runs through the sub-series up until the last one.

>> No.8245279

>>8245270
>the "rematch" theme runs through the sub-series up until the last one
Forgetting that all the MM Killers and even Quint come back for rematches in the Wily stage.

>> No.8245281

>>8245259
Copy X caused mass reploid genocide because he thought they were the source of the maverick problem. If anything, the real X was questioning the Maverick Hunters for going full gestapo on reploids as was clearly demonstrated in X4. See how that doesn't work?

>> No.8245287

>>8245281
>Copy X caused mass reploid genocide because he thought they were the source of the maverick problem.
They are...

No reploids = no mavericks.

>> No.8245290

>>8245287
You do know X agreed to let Cain copy his data to make the reploids in the first place, right? X1 manual.

>> No.8245292

>>8245290
Your point being?

>> No.8245293
File: 42 KB, 368x223, mm3_pastrm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245267
So? The intro's a reference to Mega Man 3 artwork of the Robot Masters from previous games. It was supposed to highlight the "compilation" aspect of the game. Also, not every game in the series even has an intro, which forced some of us to read the manual back in the day. We didn't pretend those games were plotless.

>> No.8245295

>>8245279
I was referring to the main Robot Master lineup?

>> No.8245296

>>8245292
X doesn't kill innocents before they even do anything bad. That's retarded.

>> No.8245306

>>8245296
They aren't innocent.

>> No.8245309

>>8245217
>>8245152
>>8245183
>>8245192
>>8245251
For what it's worth, regarding the anon calling evil subjective, the bad end of X5 was supposed to be the canon ending, X would be working for the betterment of human society to create Heaven/Elysium (or Neo Arcadia, as we got), however after being factory reset by Dr. Light to block any input data on Zero (and we see in that bad end X goes kinda mental any time Zero is mentioned), Dr. Light would've inadvertibly been undoing the 30 years of ethical tests programmed onto X's Suffering Circuit, in essence undoing his moral compass.

Although this makes me wonder who was originally going to be the Cyber Elf X who gave Zero his saber back before X6 was made behind Inafune's back, forcing a rewrite. Dr. Light, maybe?

>> No.8245316

>>8245306
>t. Copy X
The real X even meets the copy, and canonically looks at him like he was looking at walking garbage.

>> No.8245317

>>8245290
>>8245292
X didn't agree to jackshit. Dr. Cain actively lied to him about his origin and didn't even activate X as soon as he found him, instead activating him when reploid society was more or less formed.

Although the novel Irregular Report isn't canon, it uses this plot element from the old kodansha-capcom books. X doesn't know of his past until he discovers the Light capsules.

>> No.8245323

>>8242176
and makes the whole replid thing moot, if making them animals wasnt already, funny how only the human ones are strong

>> No.8245327

>>8245317
>X didn't agree to jackshit
He did. He even had an argument with Cain about how they should be built. If he didn't agree with reploids being a thing that would've been a very big point of his character but at no point does he protest their existence.

>> No.8245332
File: 417 KB, 1280x1726, KODANS~1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245323
apparently them being animals also has to be something of cultural preservation
by 21XX most of the genuine nature has died off (hence the biotech forests in every woodland stage in the X series) and most animals are under risk of extinction. Neon Tiger was built to preserve some of the last remaining species. The future is very much a fucked up place.

>>8245327
The US manual isn't canon, manuals back then had flavor text not present in their original Japanese counterparts.

>> No.8245336

Man it’s kind of nuts to think the series that started as haha defeat the robot with the scissors on his head progressed into a story where mass genocide, dictatorships and human rights became important plot points

>> No.8245341

>>8245327
The official story is that X did not knew of his origin as some ancient robot Dr. Cain found, no one except very high members of society and law enforcement (like Sigma himself) knew of this detail, and it's the reason why Sigma began taking great interest on X's potential.

All other spin-off sources (the manga, the novel, the remake) derived from this plot point mentioned by the developers themselves

>> No.8245343

>>8242437
remember that, the ultimate armor is X default armor but is evil armor, when general blows himself out, good fourth armor is under ultimate

>> No.8245358
File: 1.52 MB, 500x280, badboxart-megaman-sfxt-gif.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245035
MegaMan: I'm home!
Light: Welcome back, Mega! How was you latest adventure?
MegaMan: OH MAN So first I had to fight Wood Man, Air Man, Metal Man, and CLASH Man all over again! (I still say it's Crash Man, fag can't get his name straight.) The I found Wily's castle, and as luck would have it, Dr. Wily was RIGHT THERE! At first I was like, "OK bro, what's the catch, I iced four of your guys, got no more stages?" But lo and hold, the asshole gets me in a trap door as I'm about to nab him, forcing me to go through Top Man, Hard Man, Magnet Man, and Needle Man! And afterwards, there was a gay version of me on a pogo stick or something! I chased him through time and space or some shit, then I found Wily in a dinosaur midget! Then Rush and I chased HIM and I finally nuked that motherfucker! Shit was so cash, ya should've seen it! I think that might really be the last of him this time! Aren't ya proud?!
Light: ...I'm gonna have to patch some of that recent behavior of yours, pottymouth.

>> No.8245363

>>8245332
>The US manual isn't canon
When was it made not canon, if it follows the plot that Cain made reploids out of X? It wasn't going to be some secret military project to make a bunch of robots similar to X, and they needed his data to make the reploids in the first place. X being fine with reploids being copied from him makes more sense than a lot of the crazy disjointed shit they wrote for X5.

>> No.8245370

>>8242553
where is the humans sotp being bitches and take their own initiative?, this whole tunr humans into machine is always forced into them what with those who rebel or those who might invent it?

>> No.8245374

>>8245323
>and makes the whole replid thing moot, if making them animals wasnt already, funny how only the human ones are strong
Just a stylistic choice for the series. It would be thematically weird if you had the animal designs as the 8 bosses but then other mavericks were also animal designs. Design segregation communicates a character's role to the player.

>> No.8245378

>>8245370
Considering Axl's guns and how efficient the human reploid designs are, I see no reason humans couldn't don power armor that would give them the same abilities as reploids.

>> No.8245379
File: 645 KB, 873x584, Area Zero is the place during the Maverick Wars where the Space Colony Eurasia crashed.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245363
The US sources usually made up their own lore like Wily being Light's assistant or Serges talking about some prophecy that are not present on the Japanese manuals, the Japanese-published books like the Chou Hyakka series nor the newer Official Complete Works books. As such, the Japanese developers never took them into consideration and considering how to this day very few Japanese bother actually learning english, they most likely did not knew of these additions done in the late 80's and the 90's. While funny flavor text for when game plots were just an after thought to justify your actions in-game, they weren't the intended developer story

>>8245336
Mega Man lore is WACK.

>> No.8245385

>>8244765
still stupid idea, i dont want trucks with sentience

>> No.8245386

>>8244805
i fial to see how magic robots are cheaper than industrial equipment a person can use

>> No.8245389

>>8244813
and ppl are happily terminated by the cult that is the goverment in zx, what a stupid series

>> No.8245392

>>8245386
Mass mobilisation, workers that don’t need to take sick days, can work fresh out the factory, stronger than humans, can be made on mass

>> No.8245398

>>8245389
Yeah ZX is gay for multiple reasons.

>> No.8245403

>>8245363
Referring to Mega Man X? Yeah, the Diary of Dr. Cain has a few issues, namely that it started the whole confusion over the definition of Reploid (it's supposed to invoke a "replicated" human, thus why X is technically considered one in practically every other source despite Dr. Cain inventing the term, not a "replicate" of X's design, which the diary falsely suggests). It also goes from the digging of Light's lab to the start of Mega Man X in approx.1 year, which is way too short of a timeframe. There's a reason Maverick Hunter X and Irregular Report ignore it. It DID get translated into Japanese for the Western-made PC port, but I still wouldn't put too much stock in it.

>> No.8245408

>>8245385
Vehicle enemies don't have sentinence, they're mechaniloids, their AI is comparable to current Google cars

>> No.8245410

>>8245134
ironically shuttles would be cheaper, alt history of ppl settling mars and saying fuck off to reploids when?

>> No.8245414

>>8245410
I imagine my own X9 that takes place on Mars. Elon Musk-like character founds a colony there but also takes in some reploids. Discovers the bio-metal stuff from later series and it causes problems. Goes crazy (supposedly) and MH goes there to destroy him and his followers.

>> No.8245419

>>8245134
this crystal crap kinda shows how going against nuclear power is a mistake

>> No.8245424

>>8245414
>biometals in 21XX when they were created between 23XX and 24XX by Ciel
We really don't need to make this timeline even more confusing

>> No.8245425

>>8245152
copxy is too retarded to realize he should have just stopped reploid production and told humans to stop living like in wall-e, but inafune wanted his early 2000 egde

>> No.8245427

How much of an impopular opinion whould I have if I say I pretty much prefer a MHX 2 or a re-remake of the original than an X9?

I just want this story to make some sense.

>> No.8245430

>>8245424
Let's say bio-metals were created from a different metal discovered prior to that which had similar capabilities but wasn't the same.

>>8245427
MHX is pretty hit and miss with me. I do like its story though, mostly. I hate what they did with Vile. I'd be fine with a continuation of that continuity though.

>> No.8245437

>>8245228
the message is dont build smart robots you egdy fucks

>> No.8245438

>>8241798
Robot Masters were presumably decommissioned already when Wily jumped to the future. He's able to steal Megaman and turn him into Quint because the world was so at peace 30 years in the future that Megaman had permanently been reconverted into Rock.

>> No.8245439

>>8245403
>>8245379
Point stands that X wouldn't do this >>8245296 and if he disliked the idea of reploids it would've definitely been implemented in his character because it's an opinion the main character would have about the existence of what are basically his children, who are dying in droves in every game.

>> No.8245440

>>8245439
>Point stands that X wouldn't do this
He would.

>> No.8245445

>>8245440
He would not. He's trusting of people and gets betrayed many times because of it. The only people he'd kill without a second thought is Sigma and Vile because they're unrepentant. Hell, he even tries to spare and forgive Gate of all people.

>> No.8245447

>>8245279
Didn't they only get "rematch capsules" in MMV?
Crazy Theory Alert: How much of a stretch would it be if only MMV was canon and it took place between MM4&MM5, thereby making it the only canonical time Megaman met the Killers (and Quint)?
>>8245327
Wasn't the argument Cain had with his own reploid?
>>8245403
iirc I think the Japanese version rewrote a few parts to make a bit more sense in-lore, but not by much.

>> No.8245448

>>8245374
basically human strong anime thingy

>> No.8245451

>>8245445
>He would not. He's trusting of people and gets betrayed many times because of it.
He learns and becomes cynical and self righteous after his zealous methods work and do create peace. For a time.

>> No.8245452

>>8245378
samus would wipe the floor with them, hope she doesnt blow up earth too

>> No.8245458

>>8245451
Your headcanon.
I already told you he ruled Neo Arcadia peacefully. Copy X fucked everything up.

>> No.8245460

>>8245392
they are still magic robots that make mgs NANOMACHINES logical

>> No.8245463
File: 173 KB, 1280x720, 84C72ED1-4F4E-4BBC-9C9B-103A41F2ED35.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

To be honest I kinda like X’s English voice in X4. It fits his innocent and naive character, even if that’s clearly not what the dubbing directors intended in the slightest. Helps that Ruth gives a better performance than basically everyone else in the cast that isn’t called Sigma

>> No.8245464

>>8245408
was a dumb reference, im still talking about reploids, put 2 and 2

>> No.8245468

>>8245463
Plus he looks a bit more feminine in the cutscenes because of the style of them so it kind of fits that too

>> No.8245471

>>8244673
funny, how the " simple robots" act like reploids

>> No.8245474

>>8245463
Honestly X's voice in MHX was the perfect choice. His japanese voice is also good.

>> No.8245475

>>8245438
30 years was an American invention, we don't know how far it the future it actually is (namely, there's apparently a version of Light and Wily in that future, and realistically they probably don't have another 30 years in their own time). I don't always agree with their interpretations, but Reploid REVO did an excellent video on Mega Man II GB detailing how it's probably the original future timeline that branched into a new sequence of events after the time travel.

>> No.8245482

>>8245164
and thats why warhammer 40k forbids AI and calls it "Abominable Intelligence," or Silica Animus.

>> No.8245494

>>8245403
>There's a reason Maverick Hunter X and Irregular Report ignore it
In MHX Cain talks about Sigma that he made reploids out of X like it was no secret.

>> No.8245496

>>8245463
His voice in X4 is laughably bad. It doesn't fit him at all.

>> No.8245504
File: 688 KB, 1986x1348, ArchieToo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245403
Sigma is also supposed to be Dr. Cain's first Reploid, which the Journal botched up by implying it was some other Reploid. In fairness the novelization also changed it up and made it a separate Reploid named Alpha.

>> No.8245512

>>8245504
Sigma being his first reploid makes no sense. He should be one of his last reploids. The US manual makes more sense in that regard.

>> No.8245518

>>8245504
Wasn't Sigma supposed to Cain's FINEST reploid, not first though? The first batch of reploids went Maverick due to defects on their electronic brains like Vile, while Sigma was so advanced he wouldn't go Maverick because of production defects, until the virus infected him.

>> No.8245524

>>8245512
Sigma isn't his first, anon must ve confused. All sources say Sigma was built much later when the very first mavericks happened and Cain pitched the idea of a reploid law enforcement.
Even the Rockman Zero Collection Timeline seems to support this

>> No.8245529

>>8245494
Because Sigma already knew due to his position.
Signas also knows, when Lifesaver begins to put two and two together regarding Zero and the virus and their shared origins, Signas dismisses him after failing to dissuade him (rather poorly) and orders him to keep his trap shut.

>> No.8245536

>>8245529
The whole thing about keeping X in the dark about his origins and creator have nothing to do with him knowing that Cain wanted to make reploids. I'm talking about the latter.

>> No.8245543
File: 246 KB, 524x612, 5762483368.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245494
Referring specifically to the timeframe: in Day of Sigma, Cain also tells Sigma that he's extended his life artificially to see how Reploids in society work out and fears he's on borrowed time. Which means it's at least been many years since he discovered X, throwing the American-made diary out the window. Similar case in Irregular Report, except he found X when he was much younger and so he isn't on a life support system.

>> No.8245545

>>8245536
The issue is that X was introduced to reploid society more or less formed and his co-workers and brethen see him as flawed because of the deep level if worry he feels. It's why every thinks of X unimpressive and were very dismissful if him unless they had government level if authority to know of X and Zero as "the reploids that can't be analyzed" like Dr. Izzy Glow

>> No.8245564

>>8245543
Able city was built during his lifetime, anon. For all we know, Reploid society could very well be set up in 1 year due to how fast it is to mass-produce something that can be mass-produced. For all we know Able city might've already been there before the reploids were made. Cain likely dies within the same century where he discovers X in the SNES trilogy.

>> No.8245574

>>8245447
The Killers and Quint are fought as you progress through the Wily stage. They don't have capsules.

>> No.8245583
File: 733 KB, 775x1879, 1of2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245524
Hold on, I was mistaken that it was mentioned in the Japanese manual, but there are indeed a handful of official sources as seen HERE, in this very autistic document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GEMA8ZqMJTAk_3w6BSCDvZmPWQyer5V2vmyI8lV4y60/edit?usp=sharing

>> No.8245589
File: 478 KB, 759x1674, 2of2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245583

>> No.8245594

>>8245583
>>8245589
>Taiwanese spinnoff mobile gacha game
Capcom can't be serious

>> No.8245597

>>8245594
>>8245583
Don't take Taicom's X DiVE too seriously, they have added statements in their game that contradicts Japanese sources. Plus, it's a game that takes place within a game, so yeah.

>> No.8245620
File: 286 KB, 615x950, dr_cain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245564
IIRC X DiVE implied that Cain's still around by referring to "the doctor" in one of the events. When Capcom eventually makes X9, I have little doubt they're going to have Dr. Cain make an unceremonious and unexplained return, serving a similar role as classic-series Dr. Light.

>> No.8245624

>>8245620
Again, take Taicom with a gigantic grain of salt, they're painfully known to make up their own shit (like calling MMZ a paralle universe) and using fan-art instead of the official Capcom assets (which led to hilarious backpedalling to credit the fan artists lmao)

>> No.8245628

>>8245620
I don't think most people who're not big fans even remember Cain. We saw him in like 2 games and one remake.

>> No.8245629
File: 302 KB, 920x670, megasupport.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245594
>>8245597
You guys fail. It specifically says X DiVE did NOT mention it.

>> No.8245641

>>8245629
Maybe I am becoming retarded, the hootvirus got me.

>> No.8245661

>>8245620
He has rather stylish shoes.

>> No.8245690

>>8245564
After advanced robotics was banned for so long? I don't think so. Irregular Report was much more realistic in this regard, having Dr. Cain discover X, reverse-engineer him for years, introduce bits and pieces of his tech to the world through places it'd be better appreciated like the medical field, eventually announce the development of reploids (which he still got shit for from the govmint but he ultinately scraped by thanks to his reputation), develop the first reploids full-time, and THEN, FINALLY, activate X and integrate him into society.

>> No.8245712

>>8240847
I've been on this site a long time but MegaMan lore is the best Vidya autism by far. I fuck with these guys, man.

>> No.8245728

>>8245504
I don't like the idea of Sigma being first. I know in Mega Man, it's basically a tradition that being first means finest, but they never played up that angle for Sigma. Seems like it'd make for some obvious drama. The fact that it seemed to have only been a thing around X6 or X7 really tells you the loss of direction the X series was in.
I do, however, like the idea that Double was made by Dr. Cain, even though it was apparently only mentioned in the US manual, go figure.
>>8245620
I still for the life of me can't understand why they replaced him in X5 with a supporting cast that was only meant to last one game.

>> No.8245730

>>8245728
>I still for the life of me can't understand why they replaced him in X5 with a supporting cast that was only meant to last one game.
He barely appeared in the games before that with very little dialog.

>> No.8245735

>>8245728
old man dont sell waifu toys

>> No.8245737

>>8245728
Because for an organization called the Maverick Hunters they sure weren't showing any other characters besides X and Zero.

>> No.8245746
File: 10 KB, 108x98, angry Z-Saber noises.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245309
>X6 was made behind Inafune's back
Now, that's something I really don't think is true. Call me off topic, but I hate the idea that Inafune had Hideo Kojima levels of directorial ownership of the Rockman brand.

First, production-wise, Inafune had pretty much washed his hands of the X series, effectively ditching X5 (OCW says he left early on) to go working on DASH 2.
His next big Rockman-related project after that was Battle Network, and the year X5 launched was when Inti Creates pressed him until he agreed to vouch for them in developing the first Zero game, which itself was originally built with the assumption that would it be a one-off.
X6 and Zero 1's stories also have no connection whatsoever beyond a completely assumed one based on plot points that were introduced well after both games had released.
The prospect of Zero getting a sequel, IINM, took Inti by surprise and left them with the task of explaining a lot of the Zero series' world.

>> No.8245750

>>8245735
Wasn't Alia designed last? I think the devs were resistant to the idea of a chick chickin' up the team.

>> No.8245787
File: 583 KB, 684x840, 1632353914987.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245735
>old man dont sell waifu toys
I want to marry Alia.

>> No.8245813
File: 118 KB, 709x709, 35A32AE6-B806-47E9-BDC8-AAFB646F31BB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just finished replaying X4 (Saturn version, Japanese). Fuck bros why is it so good? Such a perfect game, I don’t think the series ever topped this outside of debatably Zero 3 and MM9, but that’s just my opinion

>> No.8245867

>>8245746
By Inafune's own account, he found out about X6 near release, and this prompted MMZ1 to be rewritten last second, it was further supported by Takuya Aizu's own account

>> No.8245875

>>8245867
What exactly did they change for the plot? Was it changing X into a copy or was that decided earlier? Ot was it stuff about Zero’s body or whatever

>> No.8245884

>>8245875
Changing X for copy X and adding the ghost by the end, it seems he's the last thing added to the ROM

>> No.8245909

>>8245884
Wasn't the change from X to Copy X prompted by Capcom disapproving of X being the main villain, though?

>> No.8245917

>>8245909
According to them, no

>> No.8245926

>>8245909
Apparently it was an internal decision. X was originally suggested as the main villain as a joke and they actually ran with it for the full dev cycle until it was sort of mutually agreed on that making X the villain wouldn’t be sort of a betrayal to younger audiences who considered him a hero so they quickly swapped out X with the copy

>> No.8245939

>>8245926
So, how does that line up with this? >>8245867

>> No.8245989

>>8245939
Dunno. All I know is the official Zero works states that was the case with one of the game’s directors explicitly saying that’s what happened

>> No.8245994

>>8245939
They at least changed the idea of Zero being "revived" to being "reawakened" due to X6.

>> No.8245995

>>8245939
Besides, Making X a copy because of X6 doesn’t make sense. Inafune’s issue was them bringing Zero back from the dead which sort of threw a spanner in the works with what he was planning for the character

>> No.8246005

>>8245995
But Zero dies in every ending of X5. How was he expecting to start a Zero series ignoring that?

>> No.8246034

>>8246005
They were going to revive him there and explain things later but then he comes back In X6 so instead of them bringing him back to life, they reawaken him instead. Because of this, the Elf Wars background has some silly stuff where Zero goes into stasis, gets his body stolen by Weil, gets a new body, stops Omega and then goes back into stasis again, which I presume would’ve been explained smoother had they not fiddled about with the intended plot

>> No.8246054

>>8245475
The point still stands that it was far enough into the future to where Megaman was no longer needed, implying that he has no more Robot Masters of any sort to fight. My objection is more to the idea that it was Quint's creation that led to the decommissioning of Robot Masters. It smacks of "Cataclysm" nonsense.

>> No.8246072

>>8246054
It's purely an idea based on the concept of stable timeloop and the only factual evidence being the japanese artbook from the 90's simply stating that Wily did something bad enough to warrant a robot ban.

Quint just fits nicely in the equation because no Mega Man in the future = Wily got free reign to do that something bad enough.

>> No.8246104
File: 508 KB, 936x613, Obsolete Man.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8246072
I suppose, though there's also the awful existence of Rockman Shadow that fits the bill of "Wily Robot goes completely nuts and kills everyone". I'd always just assumed that Drs. Light, Wily, and Cossack were essentially once-in-a-generation geniuses whose deaths meant that no-one could ever really improve on Robot Masters, so they were too outdated to kept developing after a while. Hell, even the new Mr. Rockman comic points out that 8ft themed robots become too silly when you can just design a smart truck or something with a third of the parts and better utility.

>> No.8246116

>>8246104
>be gutsman
>strongest robot around
>renowned for your strength and strong personality
>as time goes on you’re replaced by a truck that does your job but better
>now obsolete, your expiration date is rapidly approaching
>thus is the life of Gatsu

What a sad tale

>> No.8246123

>>8246104
Rockman Shadow and the Wonderswan game fills a very awkward ambiguously canon spot, worse so than the DOS games.
Yes, Capcom licenced it, it was made in Japan, albeit by Bandai and no one in the team had prior Mega Man experience (you can tell from enemy design alone) nor Inafune oversaw it on any capacity unlike Rockman World 2. It's an odd piece of history.

It might be silly, but remember, Dr. Light's research was for the sake of behavioral knowledge, to create partners for mankind, not just mere tools.

>> No.8246125

>>8245221
When is Rock Board?
When are the arcade games?
When is Rockman's Soccer?

>> No.8246140
File: 49 KB, 509x755, 1346890268234.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8246125
>Rock Board
Before MM5
>Arcade Games
Power Battle is after MM7, Power Fighters is after R&F, which happens after MM8
>Roccer
After Rock Board (the real estate deals end up being the Soccer stadiums).

>> No.8246158
File: 97 KB, 516x1549, a764ea904cdd1beb32b1bd08c9f99a17.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8246140
>Power Fighters is after R&F, which happens after MM8
Why not just after MM8? The game advertises MM8 in Duo's ending anyway. Got nothing to do with RM&F.

>> No.8246169

>>8246158
It kind of make sense for Wily to start work on Zero once King turned out to be yet another dud.

>> No.8246271
File: 38 KB, 450x504, Duo1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8246158
The game itself is an ad for MM8, but it's chronologically after it. Remember, Duo looks like THIS before he crashed on Earth. I put it after R&F because its been some time since Duo was on Earth, Bass is used to fighting alongside Megaman, and Light is aware that Protoman never had his faulty core fixed after putting his legs back on after King cut him in half.

>> No.8246284

>>8246271
You know what wasn't explored yet? Everything related to Duo. He should come back in X9 and set the game in space colonies.

>> No.8246291

>>8246284
Imagine him passing by during the Earth Crisis. The infection could be seen from space. Imagine Duo going "nope, fuck this, see ya"

>> No.8246308

>>8246291
It's his job to stop it before it spreads to space though. Sigma's on the Moon already and Jakob is still working. He'd be mad as hell that Earth got fucked up despite his efforts in MM8, but then team up with X to fix this shit a second time. Since there's no one around who can get rid of viruses he'd be in for a lot of work. He'd also recognize Isoc during the history catch-up briefing.

>> No.8246347
File: 1.32 MB, 1530x1382, Duo_Concept.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8246284
Since Duo got used as the final boss for Battle Network 4, they probably felt that he had been "used enough" in the 2000s. I also assume that Duo would just go nuts and fucking purge everyone Elf Wars on forward.

>> No.8246351

>>8246347
Isn't that High Max?

>> No.8246358

>>8246351
No, that's the planet destroyer Duo from MMBN4. His mission is to make an outline of the entire universe and destroy all sentinent life forms that contain evil energy within themselves, as they pose a threat to the universe.

In BN4 and 5, Evil Energy is being used to create Dark Chips

>> No.8246360

>>8246005
they changed the plot a million times. copy X was real X, they didn't know axl existed etc
at one point i believe you just played as some cheap knock-off zero and omega was the closest thing to the real zero, but with a new personality since zero was completely eradicated in X5
of course X6 exists and iirc inafune didn't want his hero characters to permanently die or become evil. the final plot isn't as radical as the original concepts but it's nice that zero gets to do something by himself for once

>> No.8246362

>>8246351
>High Max is simply Duo created by mortals and their own self-centered "morality"

Makes you think.

>> No.8246364

>>8246358
The design is HI-MAX beat for beat but they named him Duo even though it looks nothing like him. They already have MMX characters in BN and yet they didn't use him.

>> No.8246382

>>8246364
Probably because MMBN takes place in roughly the same timeframe as the classic series, so events from the classic series had to be reflected in BN one way or the other. Duo and evil energy just made sense to use on BN.

>> No.8246401
File: 101 KB, 343x400, normal_zeroproposal2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8246360
>cheap knock-off
You're playing as the real Zero, he's just in a spare version of the new body he got during the wacky Elf Wars. Omega was just occupying Zero's original Elf Wars body and had all of his old moves. Honestly, I wish that Omega's body had LITERALLY been Zero's sprite from the X games, because it does make the whole twist really confusing.

IIRC, though, X6 was suppose to lead directly in to MMZ1. The original idea was that, much like X before him, Zero had just been forgotten in his tube for 100 years until Ciel wakes him thanks to X going crazy after all these years.

>> No.8246405

>>8246382
Fucking inafune trying to make the cool characters evil while pushing his donut steels.

>> No.8246416

>>8246405
To be fair, the plots of BN were on Mr Famous himself, Masazaku Eguchi, alongside another dude whose name currently escapes me (but wasn't involved on BN4, go figure), Inafune had no involvement on BN's plot (he was more focused on MMZ after all).

So if you gotta blame someone, blame Mr. Famous

>> No.8246421

>>8246401
Apparently, Omega using Zero's sprite might have done something to do with cartridge space, although Aizu did say at some point he "didn't consider" the idea of using X series Zero as Omega's sprite.

Omega's sprites aren't 1:1 to Zero (except when you play as him with Model OX), for example, his buster sprites are different from Zero's, because he's turning his arm into an actual armcannon (Z-Buster).

That said, Omega is an odd case, because he's Zero as Wily envissioned, he's the real Zero, after Weil fixed Wily's spaghetti code.

But the corrupt "good" version of Zero's cognitive program prevailed.

>> No.8246438

>>8246421
When you put it like that, I guess Omega is technically the "real" Zero. But you're still playing as the Zero you know and love from the X series; hence why the twist is so confusing at first.

>> No.8246445

>>8246401
yeah i know. zero's consciousness was moved into a new body, and omega uses the original body.
i'm saying that, iirc, one draft of the story didn't involve zero's consciousness at all. you played as a brand new blank slate character, and ciel simply assumed you were zero because you look like him. not sure if this was just Copy Zero or zero clones were mass produced or what.
and yeah omega zero should have had boob lights and bulky shoulder pads to sell the look

>> No.8246459

>>8246438
I think in a poetic way, it's Zero fighting everything he was ostentively created for, denying what was meant to be "his fate", not letting that define him and carve his own path as his own self with his own heart.

>>8246445
Remember when Ciel says that "You ARE Zero, you proved it by saving me from that Golem"? In the Japanese version, when Zero asks "what if I'm not the Zero you're talking about?" the original answer "You saved my life and that, to my eyes, makes you Zero". Ciel herself was never sure and both rolled with it.

>> No.8246471

>>8246459
>I think in a poetic way, it's Zero fighting everything he was ostentively created for, denying what was meant to be "his fate", not letting that define him and carve his own path as his own self with his own heart.
Meanwhile X was built to guarantee peace and yet everything keeps crumbling around him. If those narratives were intended (and you know they weren't, at least until the next official lore book) maybe I'd excuse X turning into an antagonist to achieve peace by force.

>> No.8246478

>>8246471
I know they weren't but what you bring up makes it funny because, after Zero went to sleep again and X was alone hunting down the Dark Elf (until he managed to seal her in the center of Neo Arcadia's dome at the Yggdrassil), he says in the last scene of Zero 1 at some point he just stopped giving a flying fuck and all he was just waiting next was the next enemy to destroy. "So much pain, so much sadness" or something to that effect.

>> No.8246489

>>8246478
Yeah he got tired of it and just retired to Cyberspace. Seeing people die en masse time and time again, watching close friends get infected, having to kill some of them himself out of mercy, for 100+ years would tire even robot Jesus out.

>> No.8246494

>>8246489
>having to kill some of them himself out of mercy, for 100+ years would tire even robot Jesus out.
Which is the justification for him becoming a tyrant.

>> No.8246501

>>8246478
that speech actually works well even through the localization standards of a GBA game about a robot with a laser sword
>Cyber-elf X: Since you disappeared I've been fighting this war alone against an uncountable number of Mavericks for nearly a hundred years... Battle after battle... So painful and so sad... But the hardest part was when I discovered that I no longer cared about fighting enemies...
>Cyber-elf X: I'll leave this world to you... Please allow me... to rest in peace... for a while... ......... I'm sorry, Zero...
>Zero: So be it... But that's why we are the best partners... I'll do what you want... Rest for a while. I will handle it, you can count on me. I won't stop! When an enemy appears... I'll terminate it....

>> No.8246515

>>8246494
You know you can get simply tired of trying to make people listen instead of instilling the stick policing on their asses. X had more than enough stress relief shooting Sigma & friends dead over the years. Suffering circuit and a saint's patience really don't let him go full tyrant unless someone who's not Light's hologram rebuilds him wrong after catastrophic damage or if he wears the Ultimate Armor for too long.

>> No.8246528

>>8246515
That's the thing, the bad ending of X5 was the tipping point, Dr. Light's hologram would've rebuild him, but also factory-reset him because "you've suffered too much" and go mental any time he got any sort of data input on Zero. In that ending, Dr. Light essentially undid the ethical tests.

>> No.8246537

>>8246528
I'm sure the suffering data learned in his original pod was cached in a backup that they put back into X. That's why X6 starts with him waking up from a new pod at Hunter Base, isn't it?

>> No.8246546

>>8246537
No, the pod at hunters base is a mass produced pod where all hunters sleep in and be recharged while not out on missions and patrolling, essentially chargers like the chairs in Plastic Memories.
X's pod is in the Forbidden Area, under heavy government security (remember, Ground Scaravich managed to sneak in and Alia shot him to death because he discovered too much about X and Zero)

>> No.8246556

>>8246546
>Alia shot him to death because he discovered too much about X and Zero
I feel like this series could do a lot more with Alia's background in implied combat abilities. It's strange that she is mostly a scientist and then a sort of dispatcher because apparently she is an effective killer.

>> No.8246560

>>8246556
That's the weirdest and most fucked up thing. She killed Wolfang by pushing him to the frozen ocean (remember, he's several times bigger), shot Scavarich with god-knows-what for the kill and probably was the person who sabotaged Yammark's flying engine.

God damn reminder:
>Alia: Ground Scaravich. An ex-treasure hunter. He was devoted to the research on an ancient site. He also had lots of research data on ancient robots. Gate took care of Scaravich in exchange for the ancient data. Gate improved his knowledge from him. Then Gate had him go to a forbidden area. It was the place you were both discovered. I saw Scaravich enter the place... I felt bad, but I disposed him. Gate didn't seem to care... I didn't want to remember this...

You do NOT fuck with Alia, she fucks (You).

>> No.8246563

>>8246546
I mean the original pod was a simulation pod. It shouldn't be hard (in fact it should be essential) to build a pod that simply backs up information and downloads it back into Reploid memory banks. They couldn't possibly be just fucking sleeping in them and then writing down reports by hand instead of uploading memories of events.
>>8246556
>implied combat abilities
You can play as her in X8.

>> No.8246569

>>8246563
Remember, X is notorious for being incapable to be analyzed, not even Cyber Peacock can crack into his mind when X digitized himself to enter Cyberspace in X4 and X's apparently lack of limits in his design was enough for Peacock to go "WHAT HOW COULD THIS BE", X's pod probably just recharges him.

Izzy Glow also, before fully going Maverick, decides to fight X for the glory of being the first capable of analyzing and understanding X.
No one would be capable of doing this until Ciel's great grandmother decided to play god and experiment on Ciel as an embryo

>> No.8246572

>>8246563
>You can play as her in X8.
Yeah but that's just a gameplay gimmick. Alia is apparently a competent assassin.

Maybe in Anon's rewrite of the series she should replace Double. That way Zero and X can both fight their love interests.

>> No.8246582

>>8246556
you can play as her and the other two (knockers and loli) in X8.
i always assumed she just engineered some accident like a cave-in rather than having to dodge their patterns with wall kicking and dash jumping. actually i'm pretty sure she just locked a door or something and they were left to die
>Blizzard Wolfang: Yes. I came back for this important mission. An error cost me my men and problems for Gate. To add to that disgrace, Reploid Researchers trapped me and... Nevermind. What's done is done... This is my mission. I'm sorry but I will delete you! Maverick Hunter!
i love this espionage angle though where the government is planning hits on people who know too much

>> No.8246613

>>8246569
>X is notorious for being incapable to be analyzed
Yeah but Cain managed just enough of Light's godlike programming to make Reploids. Gate got close to fully decompiling Zero and could potentially understand how X works. Lifesaver also figured some stuff out when fixing them.

>> No.8246615

>>8246572
>love interest
Alia's just a coworker. True fans know that X's one and only waifu is Marty.

>> No.8246619

>>8246613
All Lifesaver could decipher was that the virus made Zero even stronger, like it was overclocking him.
Dr. Cain was the most brilliant mind of the 22nd century according to the books, but let's not forget he was an archeologist, not a robotist. It's amazing he managed to create reploids while not understanding Dr. Light's work, honestly.
Gate didn't figure out how Zero worked, and Zero was fixed by Wily/Isoc, however, with the help of Isoc, Gate did manage to make his own strain of the Zero Virus, the nightmare.

X and Zero are just too "super speshul" in universe.

>> No.8246626

>>8246619
Didn't Gate figure out like 99.98% of Zero's data with Isoc's help? He even made his own unanalyzable reploids.

>> No.8246652

>>8246626
Gate figured out the virus and Isoc and Gate built High Max together with what Gate "discovered", but you could argue it was Wily actually telling him the answers to use him as a new handy partner or puppet since Sigma failed so many times.

>> No.8246898

This is a really fun thread with unfathomable autism

>> No.8247060

>>8246421
>But the corrupt "good" version of Zero's cognitive program prevailed.
Pretty much. It’s been suggested in interviews that Omega’s personality was actually Zero’s original programming, so he technically is the OG Zero if he’s the one Wily coded.

>> No.8247331
File: 449 KB, 1750x1750, dbg3yti.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8246572
>love interest
ngl when you first get to the maverick selection in X6 and they're all "um, ehto, Ekkusu, watashi wa..." "Nani? Eria..." "*blush* N-nevermindo, justo be carefuro," I thought to myself "hellyea this is gonna be the game where the blonde bitch not only gives us space with her nagging calls but confesses her love for us and sucks our robodick isn't it." Then it turns out she was just trying to findvthe right time to tell X about her history with Gate and how she totally iced his mavericks in cold oil. cough.

>> No.8247528

>>8246362
since when humans have the plot relevance to create stuff in the x series lol

>> No.8247612

>>8246494
and saying enough if enough, reploids were a mistake..."evil" x can work like that, debating with zero how thye are the source of everything and and that maybe they too have ot disappear along reploids

>> No.8247624

>>8247612
Then Zero kicks his ass and X realizes he lost his way and gave up on hope. Finally he understands peace is perhaps never a permanent thing, but something you strife to create and maintain while you can, but you can't hold onto it forever.

>> No.8247639

>>8246560
she i sa maverick in all rule

>> No.8247770

>>8246898
Been a long time since I've seen a thread like this, honestly. Shitposting kept to a minimum, and the autism was informative as fuck. Even the cringe factor was hardly there, unlike, say, what happens with Sonic or Zelda.

>> No.8247903

>>8247331
>>8247639
Like I said she should replace Double in the re-boot

>> No.8247912

>>8247770
Unlike Sonic or Zelda, Mega Man usually has a very clear idea of what it wants to do with the plot, so there's not as much autistic headcanon to fill in the gaps.

>> No.8247932
File: 133 KB, 120x120, dbkb8xw-1ac6d392-d888-4e43-8024-07d0c4c4b2f7.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8247912
Well with Mega Man X there was definitely the intent to have an overarching plot. Of-course the execution was... not great. However there is enough there with enough substance and world building to flesh it out and feel invested.

>> No.8248328

>>8247331
Anon, if you answer every single one of her calls, save every Reploid, and never get hit, ALL AS UNARMORED X...You get a secret ending where X completely rawdogs her.

>> No.8248468

>>8247903
oculd be cool, also imagine x making his origin public to shit on alia and the goverment

>> No.8248481

>>8247612
Again, as tired as X is of fighting, reploids are basically his kids. If anything he'd vouch for reploid factories to be shut down and a new ban on production of further models until existing reploids simply run out eventually.

>> No.8248501

>>8248481
yeah but sadly zero series wont exist if the series had logic

>> No.8248509
File: 193 KB, 500x373, zero-i-hid-mysl-whi-ltriod-to-repair-mysel-x6-43670756.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8247912
>Mega Man usually has a very clear idea of what it wants to do with the plot
nah it's like zelda where the intent radically changes in every new game. maybe worse since there's so many mega man games and they didn't have anyone in charge of the general direction
look at mega man 9. it came out 15 years after mega man x and retcons the everloving shit out of it. the whole point of X is these new robots have free will and they can ignore their programming. except in 9, these old robots have free will and ignore their own programming. awesome. it's like if tingle could use the master sword

>> No.8248520

>>8248501
>Reploids are outlawed after Lumine's uprising
>Rogue reploid factories keep churning out maverick reploids
>X starts purging them
>X has to make the decision of killing reploids who are still being built, some of which are still not even mavericks
>Maverick Hunters tell him to pull the trigger and that they'll keep it under wraps for the sake of "peace"
>X thinks long and hard about it, but still does it
>But it was an unauthorized order given by someone in the Hunter HQ
>Information leaks out to the public and the Hunters label X a maverick for killing innocent reploids as to maintain order
>Dishonorably discharged from the Hunters, X now has to fight an uphill battle alone to prove his innocence
>Concepts of plausible deniability and unethical wetwork done in secret to solve the Maverick problem are introduced and X is at the center of it
>X loses his patience with the Hunters and gets rid of the entire organization just to make sure there's no more warmongers on either side of the Maverick wars
>Zero is in a pod for his 100-year sleep already so he misses all of this

>> No.8248527

>>8248520
>>Information leaks out to the public and the Hunters label X a maverick for killing innocent reploids as to maintain order
This would never happen unless reploids now had more political power than humans.

>> No.8248531

>>8248527
They either sacrifice the one who did it or the entire organization suffers. They already blamed Repliforce for Dragoon's insubordination in Sky Lagoon.

>> No.8248538

>>8248531
No, you are missing the point. Maverick Hunter killing reploids is not going to taint the organization in and of itself. Only if that mistake is costly to the humans. So the human government would just endorse X's actions.

>> No.8248547

>>8248509
No, the Robot Masters work under the 3 laws, both the Mega Man X text left by Dr. Light and Rockman 7 are clear about this.
The second law is "seek self preservation unless it contradicts first and third". The 9 Robot Masters let Wily help them once they found out of the expiration date approved by the human government and seeked to avoid it to keep realizing their tasks. This incident still aided Dr. Light's research and was the catalyst to make X get tested for 30 years cause Robot Masters getting duped by exploiting their preprogrammed behavior and reprogrammed as weapons is one thing, but a robot with true free will chosing to be actively malicious was too dangerous.
Mega Man himself doesn't have free will but he has a prime directive with a broad selection of actions he almost looks human.

>> No.8248560

>>8248538
Well then, X would rethink that order, and his disobedience would be viewed as an indirect contribution to the Maverick threat. Imagine him coming across a reploid that was branded a Maverick in a rogue factory and they just beg for their lives. In gameplay.

>> No.8248562

>>8248520
better than magic digital fairy

>> No.8248565

>>8248560
>In gameplay.
Sheeit, X5 and X6 get close to that.

>> No.8248578

>>8248547
Robot masters are easily corruptible because Asimov's laws of robotics are painfully flawed in the first place.

>> No.8248582

>>8248578
Exactly.

>> No.8248585
File: 2.77 MB, 314x220, X is fucking mad.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8248565
>>8248562
By the end of the game, X has had enough of war. Being blamed for it was the last straw, and he decides to get rid of both Hunters and Mavericks. If it was done right, then him becoming an antagonist without options might be convincing.

>> No.8248850

why are the Japanese maverick names mostly stupid? Just call him Chill Penguin, Penguino or whatever he’s fucking called sounds retarded

>> No.8248853

>>8248850
They're supposed to be like their "actual names as citizens" or something along those lines. Plus it sounds cool to them, it has that tokusatsu edge.

>> No.8248858

>>8248850
To a native Japanese speaker the Japanese names probably sound better.

On a somewhat related noted, Grizzly Slash is a way better name than Crescent Grizzly.

>> No.8248890

Bump limit again. Until next time.

>> No.8248932
File: 112 KB, 280x264, RosenkreuzstiletteFreudenstachel-IrisScene.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8248509
>That pic.
Always remember that line was added in localization, that Zero in all honesty does not know how he came back, that Dr. Light does not know either in some conversations.
Which kinda begs the question why Isoc is looking for him if Wily really repaired him and they're really one and the same, don't it?

>> No.8248953
File: 184 KB, 745x524, whatatoad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8245035
Well in fairness, Mega Man always haphazardly blows up his own machines with him inside it, it must always be a given that he has an auto-escape hatch. If Wily didn't evacuate his machines every time they blow up in his face Mega Man would've broken the Law many times over. He just miscalculated that time.

>> No.8249180

>>8248509
>>8248932
Him not knowing is actually the original, "I hid myself while trying to repair myself" was a subtitle added in the english version

>> No.8249402

>>8248932
rosenkewoifnbweqfbeqwofbewfo
the fuck with that name

>> No.8249405

>>8249402
It's German

>> No.8249426

>>8249405
i know but what i supossed to mean, is so long is either something badly translated and or pretentious

>> No.8249521

>>8231001
They are not the villains. It's just that a never answered why a robot can empathize with humans. Removing the Astro Boy tragedy when they wrote the character was a mistake.

>> No.8249531

>>8247331

>they start to fuck
>can't have babies
>depression

Megaman X another mistake was using saturday morning plots and characterizations. Despite being influenced by blade runner

>> No.8249537
File: 107 KB, 600x954, Vent's mom.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249531
It was more inspired by Neo-Human Casshern, which in itself was a children's anime (although an amazingly violent one, just like GoLion which was localized and censored as Voltron).

>wanting kids
They're 5 centuries too early, we would see reploids capable of sexual reproduction once technology advanced enough and humans augmented themselves to be on par with reploids.
Pic related is from the art books, it's Vent's/Aile's mom, drawn by the mangaka of the Rockman ZX manga.

>> No.8249593

>>8249537
i wonder if those are real....the reploid triangle says no

>> No.8249603

>>8249593
Considering how the whole point of humanoids is that reploids and humans became undistinguishable from each other barring the triangle, super science made it at least posible to nurse, I imagine.

I mean, story-wise, this is the origin point of what will eventually be the Carbons, who do nurse and get pregnant as well.

>> No.8249616

>>8249603
all of it because they refused ot stop building the danm robots, who does anyway

>> No.8249627

>>8249616
The government, but because they're robots with as much free will, agency and emotion as humans, it looked outright immoral to treat them as objects, and that was the lesson learned after the first shot fired by Craft from Ragnarok not only destroyed the parlament building, but it decimated the regional area where the human government lived, basically after Z4, humanity became leaderless. You can read about this on the wiki, Mega Man Knowledge Base, it's an epilogue panphlet bundled with Remastered Tracks: Rockman Zero 4 -Physis-, written as a news article in-universe. It's called "Eden's dome: It's sin and resurrection".

So because of "us treating reploids like shit caused the rise of Weil" mentality after all was done, Ciel basically made both Reploids and Humans "the same" as humanoids. Because it was immoral to just keep building them and treating them as tools.

Yes, I like this autistic lore.

>> No.8249668

>>8249627
I'd be more versed in MMZ's lore is the character design and the elf meme war weren't so fucking gay.

>> No.8249690

>>8249627
then why the fuck build them

>> No.8249692

>>8249690
back in the day smelly otakus worship it so much i feel alone playing the other series it was pathetic and autistic

>> No.8249703

>>8249690
Humans are going to make themselves extinct one way or another. In the end it's all Light's fault anyway.

>> No.8249724

>>8249668
A shame you don't like the character design, it's literally Kamen Rider 555.
People treat the Elf War at face value thinking it's literal magic, but they're called that because only reploids can see them similar to in old tales, only children with pure hearts could see elves. They're in reality the result of reverse-engineering the Sigma Virus, confirmed by Inti to be the same exact thing as what the wireframe enemies in X2 and X3, and the Sigma heads in X5 were, only benevolent.

>>8249690
Dr. Cain was enamored with the idea of reviving Dr. Light's research of robot behavior and giving machine "souls".
Also, because of agency means more nuanced judgment. See: >>8241976

>> No.8249731

>>8249703
BN timeline, by 220X, humanity is doing well and surpsingly nature doesn't seem to be fucked like in the main timeline. The fate of mankind seems dependant on Dr. Light's choice of either robotics or networks, and thus, dependant on his sex life, with the factor being Yuuichirou existing or not.

>> No.8249742

>>8249724
>it's literally Kamen Rider 555
Spandex robots do not work. Like, at all. At least not on the male ones, the girls are fine. The reploid design in MMX was already timeless and the girls looked cuter there anyway.
Also the elf wars suggest that Sigma stuck around way past X8, and the Archie comics even show Axl being there during the Elf wars as if his condition as a new age reploid was nothing to worry about.

>> No.8249758

>>8249742
Mega Man X and Classic literally use a spandex.

>> No.8249771
File: 100 KB, 1280x720, snapshot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249758
Actually X has lightweight Titanium-X alloy skin (both the armor and the turquoise areas). It's metal, even if the drawn material make it kinda look like normal, yet durable fabric to protect internals, like the ones used to protect robot arm articulations from dust in factories. Still, it sure as hell didn't look like spandex.

>> No.8249774

>>8249426
>First of all, you're throwing too many big words at me. Now, because I don't understand them, I'm gon take them as disrespect

>> No.8249779

But this is x4 X. In the 93 game the outfit is a spandex with shoulderpads

>> No.8249786

>>8249779
You're not going by the manga are you? The Titanium-X alloy thing is from X1 and the Rockman X Daizukan sourcebook.

>> No.8249796
File: 481 KB, 390x588, cc4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249786
But that was just what they wrote. The design is just a spandex with shoulderpads. Kamen Rider was the same thing, but received an update that is more faithful to what was written.

>> No.8249801
File: 104 KB, 1200x675, maverick_hunter_lead.0.1489292727.0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249786
This one is faithful to his description.

>> No.8249809

>>8249742
The black parts on MMZ-Zero aren't spandex though, if you look at high quality scans of the artwork you'll see it has some panel lining and connection joints for articulation. It IS molded, however, on the shape of muscles since reploids are more human-like by that time in the future. We see X advance and be an in-between step between both designs in CM.

>> No.8249810
File: 100 KB, 800x584, 3850a4f1daf2fcb27f53a91e59e01555a4a4220a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249796
In fact it's not even necessary for any part of a reploid to have flexible material except the torso. Their upper arms and upper legs don't bend, and neither does a human's, and their synthetic musculature would be contained within the cylindrical armor parts for those for extra protection. That's why they went with titanium-X alloy, which at the very least doesn't come off as spandex, while MMZ made it clearly (and it's bad).
We could also surmise that the details were simply not translated well enough since Nintendo's depiction of Rock makes him look 100% metal.
>>8249801
Never ever.

>> No.8249831

>>8249810
This is not practical at all.

>> No.8249837
File: 1.80 MB, 1920x1080, latest.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249831
Hydraulics and synthetic muscle can be contained within hard metal casing just fine, anon. Articulation couplings stick just outside the extent of it.

>> No.8249851
File: 1.24 MB, 1000x1538, ForceAwakensR2-D2Fathead.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249837
So mega-man is this thing here

>> No.8249857

>>8249851
He is a robot, as you can probably tell.

>> No.8249860

>>8249668
>I'd be more versed in MMZ's lore is the character design and the elf meme war weren't so fucking gay.
Yeah, I could never get into it for that too.

>> No.8249862
File: 100 KB, 1280x720, BLOW.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249857
So how does mega man manage to walk on surfaces. Does it mean that the planet replaced all the structures with some kind of special metal, that the organic earth was modified in the laboratory?

>> No.8249864

>>8249860
A shame, the games are really fun, and the audio dramas are entertaining (and available with english text on YouTube).

>>8249862
You jest, but as it was mentioned earlier, is that by 21XX, nature was absolutely fucked up to the point it's all biotech and many reploids like Neon Tiger were built for preservation since a lot of animals were already extinct or going extinct.

This is why in Zero 4, it's a humongous deal that real actual nature began to grow a-new in 24XX, in the Eurasia's crash site no less.

>> No.8249865
File: 64 KB, 1920x1080, GoldenGoodnaturedDragonfly-poster.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8231001
WTF, capcom solved super powers. You just need to modify the planet. like a video game

>> No.8249867

>>8249864
>A shame, the games are really fun, and the audio dramas are entertaining (and available with english text on YouTube).
Yeah I've seen let's plays and they look like good games but the art style clashes with the story in my opinion.

>> No.8249869

>>8249862
>So how does mega man manage to walk on surfaces
With his metal feet.
When I meant that his arms and legs don't bent I meant the structure, between the elbow and the shoulder/between the hip and the knee. Don't be dense about this, you're implying you can break your femur in half and pretend it can bend because your skin and muscles hold your leg together.

>> No.8249874

>>8249869
There's nothing friendlier than mega man destroying babies for just kissing them.

>> No.8249880
File: 266 KB, 1100x640, Toru Nakayama Kamen Rider Faiz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249867
I disagree, it really looks what Kamen Rider looked at the time when the stories were darker and more serious (like Agito, Ryuki or Faiz) but I guess I just like that aesthetic in general.

>> No.8249883

>>8249874
woah
>>8249880
Kamen Rider's bodysuits at least look decent and not absurdly skintight with prominent thongs like MMZ. It's just the guy's artstyle that'd gay I guess.

>> No.8249889

>>8249880
>I disagree, it really looks what Kamen Rider looked at the time
I don't care if it looks like Kamen Rider I care that it makes all the characters look like pre-pubescent children (with a few exceptions).

>> No.8249896

>>8249883
But Zero isn't wearing a thong. He's wearing a thick sort of underwear based on classic Mega Man's according to himself. Although I think it's all because, as he said in his interview with Ucchy in Rockman-Unity, it came to be because he saw the first illustrations of MegaMan.EXE and thought to himself "ah, so this is the new Rockman, this is the future of the Rockman series" and took that as a template initially (you can particularily tell comparing his boots to MegaMan.EXE's).

>>8249889
>I care that it makes all the characters look like pre-pubescent children
Ah, I guess that's what we get thanks to Inti getting a notorious lolicon doujin artist for the series lol. Can't deny though, he does awesome mecha design.

>> No.8249904
File: 217 KB, 1472x882, z5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249896
>Zero isn't wearing a thong
Anon.
>He saw the first illustrations of MegaMan.EXE and thought to himself "ah, so this is the new Rockman, this is the future of the Rockman series"
So neither the producer nor the director told him to do his research on the actual series MMZ was going to be a sequel to?

>> No.8249908

>>8249904
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rL7m3n_4KLc

>> No.8249910

>>8249904
>So neither the producer nor the director told him to do his research on the actual series MMZ was going to be a sequel to?
Oh, Aizu did, Aizu was deeply involved in the process (although he wasn't drop named, he just let it as "the producer" since Capcom doesn't really like Inti much since they're all ex-Capcom employees, therefore "traitors" because muh guroriousu Japanese honoru).

Compare MMZ Zero to the classic Inafune Mega Man, that fucker had THICK diaper-like underwear.

Apparently, the main issue was letting Inafune agree to Zero's redesign, Inafune is WAY too proud about Zero since he designed him all by himself, but after lots of reworking and back and forth with Inafune, he greenlit the final design.

Earlier Zero designs had more in common with the X series design of the character, funny enough.

>> No.8249912
File: 301 KB, 489x409, X5Reploids.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249904
Look, the metal tighty-whities has always been a thing and it's just something we accept. You don't need to pick at it like that.

>> No.8249914

>>8249910
>>8249904
A fun aspect about the final MMZ Zero is that, if you just got the silhouette of his bust at a profile, front or 3/4's angle in solid black, it's the same (or almost the same) as the silhouette you'd get from X1 Zero.

>> No.8249934
File: 499 KB, 728x1151, vava.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249910
It's not just Zero but the entire cast. I shit you not when I first heard about MMZ and looked up the characters to see what it was about I legitimately thought most of them were little girls outright. This kind of dissonance doesn't work in a plot where humans are going extinct and robots are killing each other with mad cow's disease. Rockman was fine since his design is supposed to be childlike anyways but even that wasn't something like Harpuia. You're telling me that's a dude? Wearing a croptop?
>>8249912
Zero's original design clearly has briefs but his MMZ design reduces it to a thog. I'm not the first to point out they look way more effeminate and childish in MMZ. Even those that just had bodysuit-like designs in MMX looked fine because they didn't look mad gay.

>> No.8249948

>>8249934
It's actually chest armor, but in a shape similar to a vest.
I don't know why people always think he's a girl, when I first saw him I thought "wait what the hell, X?". Look at his helmet, the "line" X and Rock had, the red gem, just with wings added.
Maybe it's because anime was already mainstream in the third world since the 80's, I don't know. It's similar to how I hear everyone in the US thought Zero was a girl when they played X1 for the first time but to me he looked like Hyoga from Saint Seiya.

>> No.8249954

>>8249948
Look at his concept art. They drew a girl and called it a dude. It just doesn't work man, reploids used to look cool and instantly recognizable. This just looks bad.
>everyone in the US thought Zero was a girl when they played X1
Probably because of the ponytail. Even I used to wonder what was the point of the ponytail anyway, it looked kinda gay even back then.

>> No.8249958
File: 87 KB, 664x800, dbf1yq2-039595aa-3716-47e4-a182-e1541b1dbc3b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249934
The designs without the metal underwear look good in my opinion. Like here: >>8249912 (left)

Or Sigma, or Alia, or some of the bosses.

>> No.8249961 [SPOILER] 
File: 188 KB, 732x732, 1634621591243.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249934
You've been saying thong several posts but, Anon, I don't think you know what a thong is. A thong leaves your ass cheeks bare. MMZ Zero doesn't go around with his ass cheeks out to the world, it's clearly briefs.

>> No.8249969

>>8249961
Will it please your autism if I call it a bikini then? It still looks bad.

>> No.8249985
File: 638 KB, 1625x1240, bad.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8249969
>>8249961

>> No.8249986

>>8249969
A bikini still shows part of the ass, it's men's friends, they cover the ass area.

That and Vile and Sigma DO have a sort of spandex on top, the briefs were intentionally designed to be "toyetic", to make toys out of them which Bandai did for MMX as their modelkits, some of which were bundled with special editions of Rockman X4 and MMZ, which got his figuarts. The design of the metal briefs add an easy to adapt crotch area for a toy with a clear design and position. Hell, the reason X and Zero were designed bald under their helmets were for the sake of Bandai's toys.

>> No.8249990

>>8249954
No, the reason the hair was made was because Hair Metal was at the time still popular in Japan, especially fitting for a series called ROCKman, with several music references.

>> No.8249992

>>8249986
>men's friends
men's briefs god damn it

>> No.8249994

>>8249986
>Hell, the reason X and Zero were designed bald under their helmets were for the sake of Bandai's toys.
Never even heard of these toys when I was a kid. The only Mega Man toys I ever found were some for the Mega Man cartoon. Those were cool, but I would have torn my own lips off to own Mega Man X toys.

God, just thinking about how great that would have felt as a kid. I can just imagine meeting my friend at his house and revealing my Zero, MMX, Storm Eagle, and Armored Armadillo action figures.

Oh man.

>> No.8249996

>>8249986
The toys didn't come until way after the series got traction. Megaman Classic was way more popular for toys and still had hair.

>> No.8250005

>>8249996
While you're right, the intent of having toys in mind was there. Even X's armors were designed with that in mind. The designer of the Falcon Armor seemed proud of it.

>>8249994
You can't imagine how jealous I was of a friend who, in California's asian town, he found an original, unopened rockman X4 Ultimate Armor X. This among other series getting cool shit led to the early 00's mantra "Japan gets all the cool stuff".

>> No.8250013

>>8250005
>the intent of having toys in mind was there
A lot of japanese media had toys in mind during design and I'm proud to have had X and Zero in toy form proudly standing on my desk at one point in my childhood. I knew about MMZ back then and even back then I didn't like their redesigns.

>> No.8250016

>>8250013
>I knew about MMZ
When I talk about wanting Mega Man X toys as a kid I'm talking about being a kid in the 90's. Video Game toys were nearly unheard of in America then. No such thing as MMZ.

>> No.8250019

>>8250016
No, not MMZ toys, just the games. I had some MMX action figures in like 2002, not official Bandai premium quality of course but I was proud to have them.

>> No.8250020

>>8250013
Nice, I'm jelly. I wish I had MMZ and MMX Zeroes SH Figuarts, but I only have Kamen Rider 1.

>> No.8250023

>>8250019
Oh SHIT the Jazware figures? I have some of those too, they eventually did an MMZ Zero figure but I couldn't find it. At the time I had no way to order toys online either, since ebay wasn't something my parents would've trusted me to use the debit card for.

>> No.8250024

>>8250019
>No, not MMZ toys, just the games. I had some MMX action figures in like 2002
Right, but I was 16 in 2002. I'm talking about back when I was still renting SNES games from Blockbuster ;)

>> No.8250045
File: 49 KB, 354x512, thFvnrIFdu29ukL84gd4n71WIUGQG7RmPzlxbEHVvFfcgXYRy5qusnfGRq-tqfP6YCxOPu0duPYMCYN5FxURtJRN1bJ9547qly1HE7iFGq-w5JouUDEpqjrqQyiUdKZItj-HKNIZur92SR52I3RbMI4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8250023
Now I don't remember what it was called or when I had them exactly but it looked something like the D-Arts model. I remember you could swap out the arm cannon for an arm that could plug a closed hand or an open one for posing. In hindsight it was really good for what it was. Real Japan imports were a distant dream.
>>8250024
It was normal to expect that for that time period. Toy viability made Gundam what it is today after all.

>> No.8250054

>>8250045
>It was normal to expect that for that time period.
Yeah, but it makes me envious of the generations that came later.