[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 3.04 MB, 2100x1536, 1522272201802-2363111-snes_actraiser.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7972129 No.7972129 [Reply] [Original]

one of the best for snes and the era in general. still fun to play today. isn't ruined by 10 stupid re-releases with minor changes.

>> No.7972332

>>7972129

Sol Seraph is a bad reboot of this. Still gonna buy it though lol.

>> No.7972335

nah this game is just a mediocre sim city clone mixed with a mediocre action platformer

>> No.7972337

>>7972335
the platforming is meh, but the god part is beautiful and there's a story going on in with people in the land. the music is magical. it's not "just a clone" of anything

>> No.7972338

The Yuzo music and the ending were nice, the rest actually somewhat forgettable

>> No.7972342

>>7972129
>isn't ruined by 10 stupid re-releases
based

>> No.7972746

>>7972342

I agree that that is good, but still I wouldn't mind at least a romhack that'd maybe add a bit of challenge to the game. City sections could maybe use some kind of rejiggering of god powers and enemy abilities/AI/whatever that'd actually make things a bit tough here and there (but not too much cos constant tension could distract from the game's wonderful atmosphere). Side-view sections could benefit from a bit of numerical tweaking of some sort probably and certainly a weakening of the spells. It might be cool to rework the spells to the point that you could dynamically choose which one to use like in ActRaiser 2, with some situational advantages and disadvantages given to each one.

Anyway I love the game but yeah it's best for inept players and children and such, and I'm not one of those anymore, so I mostly have to appreciate it from afar via nostalgia and replaying the soundtrack and such.

>> No.7972769

>>7972337
>but the god part is beautiful and there's a story going on in with people in the land. the music is magical
Honestly, you can say this of all of the Quintet games. Amazing music, simple but beautiful story

>> No.7972771

>>7972746
While the stages aren't too too hard, the boss rush at the end is a little too hard I think

>> No.7972793

This game warms my heart. A lovely concept executed with a great balance of charm and spectacle. Some platforming seems unfair first time around, but it's worth it

>> No.7972801

>>7972746
>it's best for inept players and children and such
>I have to enjoy it from afar
You're talking about a SNES game on a retro board anon, they're all made for children. Stop being autismo and play what you feel like playing

>> No.7974883

>>7972129
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xMsRVQMm8oE

>> No.7974901

>>7974883
They nailed this OST. Take note Sega third party devs, THIS is how you do 16 bit fart noises.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mlJCONtIqw

>> No.7975000

Quintet games are somethin' special.

>> No.7975062

>>7972801

That's a silly thing to say in this thread of all threads. I actively disliked ActRaiser 2 as a child, even though you say it was made for me. I had to grow into that one.

There's no fundamental reason why ActRaiser couldn't have been as challenging as ActRaiser 2 (or the other way round for that matter).

A difficulty setting would also help a lot. I loved Civilization as a child, and I couldn't win that on high difficulty settings for crap. I'm much better at it now, and I still love it. That's a good way for a game to be!

>> No.7975128

>>7975062
It was made for children, you not enjoying it doesn't change that. Sure difficulty settings are great, but that's development and testing time that they chose to spend elsewhere. As it turns out making games costs money, and I can see why they chose not to dedicate those resources with their experimental sim/hack n' slash/platformer.

Not only that, Actraiser 2 is overall an easier game because most maneuvers you make give you i-frames. Its only harder if you hold right and mash attack, or you're playing difficulty 202. If you consider Actraiser 1 for inept children and Actraiser 2 to be regular difficulty, I have to say your entire train of thought makes no sense. They're both easy games.

>> No.7975229

>>7975128
>Not only that, Actraiser 2 is overall an easier game because most maneuvers you make give you i-frames.

That doesn't follow at all. You are too stupid to talk with.

>As it turns out making games costs money,
>autismo

Grow up, self-important commentator on what is or isn't for children. Social skills are vastly more important than the airs your clumsy, tunnel-vision'd brain is pushing you to put on.

>> No.7975234

>>7975229
Thanks for the tard rage brainlet, see you next thread ;)

>> No.7975245

>>7975229
>Doesn't follow, you are too stupid
If you don't know what i-frames are, its okay to just say so.
>Grow up, self-important commentator on what is or isn't for children, social skills blah blah blah
Your initial post had you saying Actraiser was for children, which was the only factual thing you've said the entire thread. Where's your handler?