[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 71 KB, 220x406, tenor (1).gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.7929404 [Reply] [Original]

I think it was a legendary game that pushed Build engine to it's limits, Caleb is very likeable too.

>> No.7929407

It certainly has the best theming out of all the Build games.

>> No.7929412

it was alright
I prefer douk

>> No.7929456

Played a bit of the first level. Didn't care for it.

>> No.7929474

It has enough attention to detail/worldbuilding to have a semi-coherent language using real antique languages as foundation created specifically for it.

>> No.7929614

I like it but design-wise it's fucking bizarre. The game's arsenal, movement speed and weapon swap speed all seem to indicate it's gonna be a "rush in and shoot everything" FPS a la Duke 3D, but Blood plays more like a tactical shooter. You need to check every corner, bank dynamite, pre-fire, etc. I'm not always in the mood for its specific kind of autism, but when I am, Blood does nicely. Shame how most of the enemy roster is a total pushover. Cultists are the only real threat, and Fanatics specially can hit way too hard and react too fast (much faster than humanly possible sometimes, guaranteeing you will take some damage if you peek at them), even on Lightly Broiled.