[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 55 KB, 434x600, Sword_of_Haiya.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6316862 No.6316862 [Reply] [Original]

So how do the Shining portable games stack up to the rest of the series?

>> No.6316865
File: 138 KB, 630x408, smugelvengirlreading.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

just play the sega cd remakes of them

>> No.6316963

>>6316865
what about gaiden 3

>> No.6317062

Same shitty combat, same shitty writing, but without the town exploration stuff between battles. So I'd say it's worse than SF1 but better than SF2 since the out-of-battle stuff added to SF1 but detracted from SF2.

>> No.6317210

Play the Sega CD remake of the first two. If you liked those two, you'll like the third

Personally I didn't enjoy them nearly as much as the mainline games, but if you finished every single shining force game including 3 and you just need more, then it sure does exist.

>> No.6318547

I played shining force 1 and 2 and shining in the darkness when I was a kid so it has that nostalgia value to me. I tried to play some of the other games but, although somewhat enjoyable, it wasn't the same. I never did figure out how to get an emulator of sf3 working, always looked pretty cool although only the first part was translated to english iirc.

I just got done playing shining force 2 again, and I never knew that the hardest game mode is actually 'super' and not ouch!. It was so much harder, and i'd never done it before. was almost like playing through for the first time, had to really think through the battles. thanks for reading my blog post.

>> No.6318564

>>6318547
There's fan translations for the other two parts of Shining Force 3 now.