[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 91 KB, 1280x720, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5825973 No.5825973 [Reply] [Original]

How do I get gud with mouse and keyboard shooters? I've always used a controller. I am planning on playing Doom -> Doom 2 -> Duke Nukem -> Blood -> Shadow Warrior -> Ion Fury in that order to learn how to use a mouse and keyboard because Blood, shadow warrior, and ion fury all seem weird as fuck to play.

>> No.5826012

>>5825973
Just play them. It's all muscle memory.

>> No.5826038

>>5825973
Just play, but you should know that the games aren't all the same. The older games let you creep around and carefully exterminate at your own pace. Newer games will try to force you to play constant whack-a-mole as a way to pretend its some hyperactive multi-player experience.

>> No.5826049

>>5825973
>I am planning on playing Doom -> Doom 2 -> Duke Nukem -> Blood -> Shadow Warrior -> Ion Fury
Alright retard I happen to have played all those this year. You can easily beat that entire set within about a week even if it's your first playthrough. So do that and then make a thread not the other way around. It's really not hard.
>Blood seems weird as fuck to play
Nope it controls extremely nicely. Just fucking grind your way through it already before making a thread please.

>> No.5826072

>>5826049
Oh no someone made a thread on an image board made for making threads

>> No.5826425

>>5825973
>Ion ''''Fury'''' zoomers who have never played m+kb in their life are shitting up /vr/ now
back you go

>> No.5826436

I played goldeneye with a keyboard and mouse once and it felt like cheating