[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 831 KB, 1600x900, 04D4F9CA-77C6-465E-BA5E-CAE61C51ACCF.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5669457 No.5669457 [Reply] [Original]

What’s your favorite level from this game?
What’s your favorite music?
Do you like Tooie as well, or do you only like Kazooie?
How long until the jannies delete this thread (for free) because they have small man syndrome and delete threads about retro (before 2000, which BK is) games they don’t like?

>> No.5669490

>>5669457
whats up with that bottles render? why the random photoshopped in jiggy? why on earth is there a random lens flare. why is isn't grunty behind all of them considering shes a necessary component to the game, and not her twin sister??

>> No.5669539

>>5669457
>level+music: Grunty Industries
oh wait, that's Tooie.
>level+music: Rusty Bucket Bay
I guess I really like the industrial aesthetic.

>> No.5669551

>>5669539
I love both of those levels and it seems like they’re usually the most unpopular of their respective games. I kind of get it for RBB, but I never understood the GI hate. The scaling factory design is awesome.

>> No.5669682

>>5669457
BK is 10000x better than BT. Rare tried to innovate with Tooie and instead, made things needlessly convoluted. The new jinjo system and the constant need to backtrack to levels is really annoying. Not to mention the terrible FPS sections. The levels, despite being bigger, feel soulless when compared to the ones in BK. Other stuff they added were just very uninspired, controlling Mumbo had the potential to be interesting, but all you do with him is walk over some pads to trigger a cutscene. The boss fights are also very repetitive and not engaging at all.
The things they got right in BT were: new moves, and the ability to split the characters and control them separately, other than that, none of the "improvements" made the game better.
That being said, best level will always be Click Clock Wood, together with its music that changes with the seasons.

>> No.5669715

>>5669490
It's Bottles' ingame model from Nuts and Bolts. Someone made a bad shoop

>> No.5669798

>>5669457
It's been a million years since I played it but I remember that Halloween level being incredible. Also the beach level and snow level are comfy as fuck.

>> No.5671431

>>5669682
I always felt like Tooie felt much better as an adventure than Kazooie. The interconnectedness made it feel like I was truly traversing a massive world and solving shit to make my way through rather than just completing a set of singular levels. It's very metroidvania-esque. And replaying it now, I'm realizing a sort of freedom to go about routing when and where to get things on a first or second trip through the stage; it really makes it feel like it's truly the player's adventure as a result.

Not to say Kazooie's an inferior game though, I love the way it streamlines levels and makes every space in a level count towards your progression with some form of collectable. It makes it feel like you're always moving forward.

I do think that Kazooie improperly prepares you for Tooie though since they're rather different takes on the genre.

More to the topic of the thread:

I'd say my favorite level from the original is Click Clock Wood
Musically: Rusty Bucket Bay

From Tooie it's probably Grunty Industries
Musically: Grunty Industries

As far as how I feel about both games: I love both, but I prefer Tooie.

>> No.5671439

Click clock woods. The atmosphere with each changing season is fantastic

>> No.5671848

>>5669457

>from best to worst

Click Clock Wood
Mad Monster Mansion
Treasure Trove Cove
Ice Level
Desert Level
Rusty Bucket Bay
Mumbo Mountain
Clanker Cavern
Swamp

I didn't like Tooie very much. Not as focused and refined as Kazooie.