[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 15 KB, 480x360, hqdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
5557252 No.5557252 [Reply] [Original]

How do I fix input lag?

I get noticable mouse lag with lots of games, both old and new: nblood and glquake to name a few, quakespasm as well but to a much lesser extent, and more recent games like bioshock all have this. Whenever I move the mouse, ie. try to look around in game, the movement is delayed and sort of "smoothed out" as if the character was stoned or something. I haven't noticed keyboard lag, it may be there although less obvious.

What are the causes and possible solutions to this? The lag makes every game unenjoyable. I'm basically stuck playing gzdoom and winquake.

>> No.5557330

Could be your monitor, mouse, GPU global settings

>> No.5557698

>>5557252
Turn off mouse smoothing, vsync, triple buffering and the like. Turn off Windows 'desktop composition' poofterisms, the themes service, etc. Slim down your running services in general, make sure there's nothing but the bare essentials in your msconfig startup tab.
Also if your mouse has specific software, get rid of it and try again, try another mouse, etc.

If you do all that and still have trouble, it's time to nuke Windows. That's all the ideas I have for ya.

>> No.5558565

>>5557252
>more recent games like bioshoc
keek

even bioshock 2 had coded mouse fuckery

the fix is game by game

>> No.5560083

get a freesync monitor

>> No.5560124

PC just has input lag natively, can't really fix it.