[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 280 KB, 598x620, service-mario.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4909242 No.4909242 [Reply] [Original]

Didnt see a repair general so fuck it.

Anyways, im trying to fix an Snes ive found a few weeks ago, the problem it has is that its missing some audio, im not sure if its a complete channel or just some audio sammples, for instance in Super Castlevania i ant hear any music only the SFX, in Street Fighter Turbo i cant hear any SFX like voices or when you land a hit, i can only hear the music but it sounds strange like mising some notes.

Do you guys know where to find the schematics of every chip on the Snes? the links ive found so far are no longr working, board revision is SNS-APU.01 if it makes any difference.

>> No.4909256

>>4909242
Is their any obvious signs of corrosion or failure around the sound chip, or the paths that lead to the output

>> No.4909302

>>4909256
ive cleaned like a dozen Snes boards and this is the cleanest one ive seen.

Even the lettering on all of the chips is just clear and flawless.

So far ive tried resodlering the pins on cart connector, resodlering the multiout pins and cleaning the board completely.

Next step is to check that both audio channels from the cart are actually connected to the audio chip but i need the schematics for that since i dont know what the pinout is.

>> No.4910763

So, ive found a thread on another forum mde by some guy who had audio issues similar to mine, he then explained how he solved them by removing the SMIX chip from the board and bridging the audio channels directly.

I just did that, clean job removed the SMIX chip and bridged the audio pads but still problem is exactly the same.

With this now i can be sure the problem is either on the S-APU itself or on one of the other main chips.

I found an Snes detailed schematic and now i will try to check the pins from the CPU over to the APU.

Any ideas welcome, its really strange that this unit is practically missing an entire audio channel, ive double checked the audio pins on the cart connector and both give continuity to the APU chip.

>> No.4910769

>>4909242
bump for interest