[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 280 KB, 598x620, service-mario.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
4439469 No.4439469 [Reply] [Original]

Don't have the text but at least I have the image. Anyways, to start:

>just bought Galaga on NES but NES can't read it; blank screen
>already cleaned it with a Q-tip and rubbing alcohol
>sounds like the board is a little loose when I shake the cart, none of my other games are like this
>can push the game's pins back into the cartridge about half a centimeter, and can shake the cartridge to bring the pins back out

Could that be the culprit, that the board is a little loose and needs to be re-seated? If so, are gamebit screwdrivers only purchasable online or could I possibly find one at a hardware store? Or is this likely not a cause and I just got a dead game?

>> No.4439502

>>4439469
>Don't have the text
>This thread is for proclaiming the solution to every problem is to recap and reflow and that if you use anything other than 99.9% isopropyl to clean something it instantly turns to rust.
Sounds like you've worked out your problem on your own but if fixing the cart so the cart actually goes into the connector doesn't solve the problem see above.
Zero chance you'll find a game bit in a department store. Order a set for $0.50 with free shipping from China. If you can't wait 2 months there are quick and dirty ways to get the screws out.

>> No.4439506

>>4439469
Probably just loose honestly.