[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/vr/ - Retro Games

View post   

File: 87 KB, 630x875, So you think you're pretty gud.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3728251 No.3728251 [Reply] [Original]

How good are you at videogames?

>> No.3728275
File: 62 KB, 640x480, Game Center CX 031 - Umihara Kawase.avi-2017-01-09-23h23m22s348.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.3728281

Not much. Being too good at videogames is degenerate.

>> No.3728295

A few ranks above casual I guess, I wouldn't call myself "good"

The games I am good at I can clear easily and speedily, and I try to avoid guides if I can, but if I'm stumped on a game for too long i will look for a strategy guide PDF if it's available..

>> No.3728453

I think I'm pretty good

>> No.3728467

I'm naturally good at (most) games that I play. And by good I mean I pick up on how to git gud incredibly quickly. Like when I see people fucking up in a game and they don't understand why they're doing so bad, I can easily understand where they're going wrong and advise them even if I've never touched the game before. 90% of the time, I'm correct.

I'm not like a master of videogames or anything. I still fumble with a few of the harder, /vr/ related games. I also couldn't speedrun anything to save my life.

>> No.3728473

I have a top 100 in the world speedrun time for Super Metroid, in the 100% category. I'm decent, I guess.

>> No.3728498 [DELETED] 

I'm pretty decent, though I rarely put enough time into any one game to be excellent at them (like speedrun quality, I've put in enough effort to 1CC certain arcade games that I like), in part because I don't really care enough. Don't get me wrong, I fucking love videogames and have tons of them, but I enjoy them as art and entertainment instead of as something that I wish to master as a skill.

>> No.3728504

I'm pretty decent, though I rarely put enough time into any one game to be excellent at them (as in I've not practiced any particular games enough to get to speedrun quality on anything, though I've put in enough effort to 1CC certain arcade games that I like), in part because I don't really care enough. Don't get me wrong, I fucking love videogames and have tons of them, but I enjoy them as art and entertainment instead of as something that I wish to master as a skill.

>> No.3728554

>>3728504
Pretty much this. I'm decent at almost every genre of game and could become close to top tier at a lot of things if I practice enough. I just rarely have enough interest to do so. I love video games, I'm just not autistic enough to spend several hundred hours mastering all of them.

That's not to say I never have in the past, but a the older I get, the less time I want to sink into just one thing.

>> No.3728568

Great at a few, above average in most, bad at a small number.

Galaga is probably my best retro. Held a top score at Barcade for about a year.