Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.54903680 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Why haven't necrons won yet?

Do they just not care enough?

>> No.54903705

>>54903680
Theym sleepy.

>> No.54903743

Necrons are the most powerful force in the galaxy. Of course, the Imperium, Chaos, Tyranids, and Orks are also each the most powerful force in the galaxy. It says so in their books.

>> No.54903904

>>54903680
Let's see....
>most Overlords are too autistic to do anything.
>one just wants to dick around and improve his collection.
>one is insane and thinks he's still flesh and blood and even takes prisoners who end up being killed "for attempting to escape" by his bodyguard.

Geee I wonder why they haven't done anything yet.

>> No.54903962

>>54903680
Slow and steady wins the race

>> No.54904144

>>54903904
You'd think there would be at least one overlord with his crap together

>> No.54904180

>>54904144
They all probably think it's safer and more rational to rule over their distant snowball and not try to conquer galaxy again for lulz.

>> No.54904205

>>54904180
It actually kind of is

Necrons are the one race that doesn't have to deal with tyranids/chaos

>> No.54904284

oldcrons made me question that constantly

newcrons is because they are squalling nobility trying to one up each other and some don't even want to take over the galaxy.

>> No.54904335

>>54904144
I'm going to make a overlord that likes conquering things

With a cool aperture science paint job too

>> No.54904363

>>54904335
>R&D crons
Do it.

>> No.54904366

Think about it, TG

The biggest spoilers in the galaxy are the forces of Chaos (be they Daemons or Gods, or just warp entities), Orcs and the Tyranids. Two races known to infest planets and kill everything around them.

Necrons don't give a shit about chaos. They can't fall to it, they can destroy daemons from the plane, they can't really be tempted; it doesn't do a thing for them.

Orks don't really bother them. They can outshoot orks.

Tau are hilarious. Yeah, kill me permanently from miles away; that'll work. Oh my necrodermis is stitching itself back together and now giant metal scorpions are going to eat the little fishes.

The Imperium of Man are a nuisance, but ultimately dust on your windshield.

The Tyranids can't eat you, nor adapt to you, nor get anything from you, and you can utterly spoil any prize they may win for losing in bio-matter. You don't care if the rock you rule is a char broiled ball of carbon or not.

No other race is immune to the Tyranids.

The necrons have no reason to even bother doing more than letting tyranids do what they want on every world and then coming to clean them away. It's not a question of if, but when. Short game, long game, the necrons are likely to win even if they sit on a bench.

But why bother when you can hunt down more C'Tan shards? The other races can't do much with them. May as well fuck around.

>> No.54904387

>>54903743
How can this be so when Tau are the most promising and technologically superior race in the galaxy?
Wait... aren't Eldar the most powerful and technologically superior race?

>> No.54904402

>>54904366
Goats. Tau are Goats.

>> No.54904418

>>54904387
Nah that's necrons

The tau are good at countering things, and the eldar are good at psychic stuff. However he necrons have finished science.

A random cryptek has more science in his brain, then the entire tau empire.

They probably have battle suits in some garage somewhere that they just forgot about

>> No.54904421

>>54904402
They're goats? I thought they were fish.

>> No.54904452

>>54904421
They've got weird faces and name all of their ships after oceanic stuff but they've got hooves and evolved from plains animals.

>> No.54904489

>>54904452
Huh

>> No.54904543

>>54903962
>Slow and steady wins the race

I'm still waiting

>> No.54904574

>>54904418
>They probably have battle suits in some garage somewhere that they just forgot about
They're just out of fashion.
But in 250k years or so they fashion will come back and they will dust all those old battle suits and style again.
Just wait and see

>> No.54904607

>>54904543
>yfw Jeb Bush and Ted Cruz appear from a hell vortex in DC with an army of skelegates and Trump and Baron have to do battle with them for the fate of America

>> No.54904617

>>54904418
>>54904574
Technically, the Necron themselves are battle suits. That their minds wear.

>> No.54904643

>>54904284
>oldcrons made me question that constantly

2 C'tan were sleeping. The Nightbringer was weakened because the Deceiver screwed him over during the War in Heaven.

Most of Necrons were sleeping. The Oldcron win condition was destroying the Black Stone Fortress and awakening the rest of the C'tan gods.

>Necrons don't give a shit about chaos. They can't fall to it, they can destroy daemons from the plane, they can't really be tempted; it doesn't do a thing for them.

A daemon prince infected a Tomb world with a taint of Chaos + Lucius possessed a Necron assassin.

Chaos does affect the Necrons. Chaos Necrons can be a thing.

Also Chaos is kinda of TARGETING Necron worlds because they tend to have Pylons and other anti-warp tech. The CSM codex is full of mentions of CSM wrecking the shit of Necron property and the Necrons themselves. If the last of the Pylons is destroyed, then the galaxy will sink into the Warp and be dissolved.

>> No.54904679

>>54904643
...
Would the Necrons lose anything if the other races started adopting Pylon technology, I wonder?

>> No.54904683

>>54904643
How in the warp do csm stand a chance against necrons, let alone a tomb world.

>> No.54904697

>>54904679
Tau "find" a necron pylon

Mass production starts in a decade

>> No.54904739

>>54904683
well if the tomb world is dormant, they do stand some chance

>> No.54904757

>>54904643
The Great Rift is expanding. It must have consumed hundreds of thousand of tomb worlds already at its birth and it's showing no sign of stopping. More tomb worlds will be lost as the Rift expand and daemons and heretics pour out to specifically target the Necrons for their pylons.

The Tyranids are coming in force. Not only will the Tyranids deny the Necrons apotheosis but any dormant Necron world that has life on it will be destroyed by the Tyranids. As the Tyranids consume a world, the tectonic shifts will crush the Necron tombs beneath. And those Necrons that will fight against the Tyranids will be overrun.

The Eldar are a few steps away from fully awakening their god of death and restoring the ancient that exiled the Necrons to their tombs.

The Tau are developing technologies at a rapid rate though primitive to the necrons still, have proven to be Superior nonetheless (see Battle of Blackfathom). Who knows the limits of the Greater Good's technology?

The Ghaz's WAAAAAGH! is still gaining momentum across the galaxy. The Orks are attacking everything in sight, Necrons included.

Do the Necrons have all the time in the world? No, they fucking don't. They are toast. As things are going now, the Necrons are are the bottom of the barrel when it comes to being a galactic threat.

>> No.54904767

>>54904739
I still kind of find that stupid.

Warriors are like worse armored space marines, and there are tons of them.

And no necron ever dies.

CSM would stand no chance

>> No.54904768

>>54904643
yeah but if Oldcrons were still a thing it's only a matter of time.

-Numerous
-Doesn't have any organizational issues
-As durable as space marines
-Can just repair themselves if destroyed
-C'tans were both immortal AND in the material plane
-Void Dragon is the reason for all of the Imperium's tech
-They needed to be awoken but their tombs were right on top of the galaxy unlike the nids who were in another galaxy altogether
-Can attack the warp

They have basically no weakness that cripples their faction like the others.

>> No.54904784

>>54904757
>Do the Necrons have all the time in the world?
Technically they do since at least one of them has a fucking time machine

>> No.54904789

>>54904767
>CSM would stand no chance
plot armor?

>> No.54904792

>>54904683
Easy. Swing swords at them and shoot them with bolters. It's not that hard.

>> No.54904802

>>54904784
Almost each time he uses it it ends up causing disastrous consequences.

>> No.54904819

>>54904802
Like he cares

>> No.54904856

>>54904757
You are forgetting that if the void dragon gets up everything is screwed.

It took two gods to put him to sleep.

And the outsider is out there somewhere.

The deceiver has eaten enough assassins to know that they are delicious.

Heck even the warp isn't that painful for a necron to be in, considering their immunity to chaos corruption.

If the crypteks start pooping out pylons, or just activate the ones they have the rift will close.

Heck a determined dynasty could close the eye of terror if they wanted to

>> No.54904910

>>54904856
We don't really know what their ability to manufacture Pylons is.

We do know that 'No Fucks' Cawl is experimenting with and adapting it though, and it's hinted Trayzn is helping him

>> No.54904921

>>54904856
Actually, the Void Dragon, Outsider, Deceiver, and rest of the C'tan are shards, The Dragon of Mars was confirmed to be just a shard if the Void Dragon. Shards at best are at high tier Greater Daemon level.

>considering their immunity to chaos corruption.

They are not immune.

>f the crypteks start pooping out pylons

The knowledge of creating them might have been lost with the shattering of the being who created them.

>Heck a determined dynasty could close the eye of terror if they wanted to

Abaddon made sure that there are no pylons nearby to do this.

>> No.54904941

>>54904921
>They are not immune.

Since when do Necron have souls?

was that part of the newcron fluff?

I thought some of them just gained personality

>> No.54904954

>>54904941
They don't have souls but they can still be corrupted and possessed by Chaos. It happened recently in the CSM codex.

>> No.54904974

>>54904643
WE MUST CONSTRUCT ADDITIONAL PYLONS

>> No.54904992

>>54904954
If they have no souls and were corrupted, I claim RWS (Retarded Writer Syndrome)

I prefer the internal consistency of entire setting to singular anecdotal evidence from the most biased source

>> No.54904995

>>54904921
You do realize what that means though right?
If it took both Big E and Vaul to put down a shard of the void dragon, then imagine what a full c'tan could do.

They are basically immune to chaos, they can still be affected by it, but never fall.

Heck necrons know how things work, it wouldn't be hard to disassemble a pylon and then start mass production. And at least one cron has to be good at taking notes.

If they actually cared is key word here, abbadon couldn't do anything if they actually activated a war machine.

The thing is, even if they let the galaxy get swallowed by the warp, it would be a walk in the park compared to the war in heaven.

>> No.54905098

>>54904995
>If it took both Big E and Vaul to put down a shard of the void dragon, then imagine what a full c'tan could do.

Vaul is an Eldar legend with no basis in reality. The Necron defeated the Void Dragon and shattered him. Nobody else.

>hey are basically immune to chaos

Solar flares can corrupt Necron minds, Chaos would do much worse and it does.

Also Harlequin psykers have been shown to be trained to be able to read Necron minds and then make Necron hallucinate theur worst nightmares.

> but never fall.

I count as being possessed as falling to it.

>Heck necrons know how things work, it wouldn't be hard to disassemble a pylon and then start mass production. And at least one cron has to be good at taking notes.

There is no effort by the Necrons to build new pylons. Newcrons are too busy warring among themselves.

>The thing is, even if they let the galaxy get swallowed by the warp, it would be a walk in the park compared to the war in heaven.

The War in Heaven didn't see reality being dissolved to nothing.

>> No.54905153

>>54904992
>The Eternal Duellist

>Lucius the Eternal leads a motley warband across the galaxy on the trail of the deadliest opponents his network of admiring torture-cultists can locate for him. He intends to hunt down the best melee fighters in the galaxy and beat them in one-on-one combat or die in the attempt. Over the course of several centuries he defeats the Dark Eldar Archon Vraesque in cursed Shaa-dom, the Emperor’s Champion of the Black Templars at Veilfate, and the Ork Warboss Two-klaws at Octarius Sigma.
>Eventually, on a nameless moon near Damnos, Lucius is cut down by the shape-shifting Necron duellist known only as the Phasing Sword. Not even the Necron’s body of living metal can prevent the Slaaneshi champion’s strange possession-curse from taking hold, however, for it takes a cold pride in its victory, and that is the seed of its undoing. Lucius is reborn inside his killer within days, the xenos warrior’s body drizzling away to reveal the twisted swordsman, as arrogant and maniacal as ever.

Necrons have feelings and can be possessed by Chaos. You gotta deal with it, anon. This is what you get for wanting personality.

Nobody is immune to Chaos, it is known.

>> No.54905211

>>54905153
I never wanted personality

I liked my wave after wave of mute terminators blasting everything into a green mist of free particles.

Trazyn is nice through.

This is stupid internal incosistency through, most probably born from writers not knowing how Chaos works, and what are Necron, writing about Chaos and Necron

What next? Orks falling to chaos corruption? And then Chaos Tyranid Tendril? And finally Chaos Old Ones come back into the galaxy when GW sales drop down enough.

>> No.54905222

>>54905098
Let's put it this way the war in heaven was so vastly brutal that entire races have nightmares about it.

It is the whole reason the chaos gods even have power here at all, the galaxy was filled with so much bloodshed that the warp was made into the lovely little hellscape it is today.

It was a fight between cyber living gods, and an entire race of super emperors. As well as having the orks eldar and necrons at their highest.

You know the beast? The dude who almost did Horus better than Horus? Chump compared to what the crons where fighting.

The eldar who despite being on their last legs, are still a major threat in the galaxy? Imagine them at their highest.

The necrons don't even realize that the war they are in, is in fact a war. Because the only other war they have been in was so stupid.

>> No.54905248

>>54905153
Just because someone got affected by a god doesn't mean they fell.

Slaanesh could just replace me with lucious right now, that doesn't mean I've fallen.

Bad programming doesn't a fallen necron make, despite who much chaos tries.

>> No.54905366

>>54904992
But isn't there evidence to suggest that the Men of Iron were corrupted by Chaos? That would mean that you don't need a soul to fall.

>> No.54905482

>>54905366
I thought Corruption affected the STC and factory and was creating chaos abominations based on Men of Iron STC.

Chaos was basically pulling demons and other souls from warp, and pushing them into Men of Iron.

I cant remember already existing Men of Iron getting corrupted by Chaos. I guess that could work given enough time. If you would physically affect programming in Men of Iron you could Corrupt them.

But Necron have no programming. At least proper necron. They have most of the memories, and personality of the persont stripped of their soul. You could probably corrupt a scarab or such, but heh, try to hack a necron program, good job with that.

And Men of Iron even at their best were infinitely simply compared to Necron programing.

>> No.54905507

GW nerfed Necrons from a galaxy-tier threat to yet another series of self-fighting petty alien empires on the eastern fringe in 5th edition

GW did the same with Nids recently, Hive Fleets are now eating each other and Leviathan was easily defeated by Blood Angels

Only Chaos is meant to be an existential threat now

>> No.54905679

>>54905153
Chaos corrupts souls which Necrons don't have, it has been stated in the fluff numerous times.

>> No.54905723

>>54905679
The new fluff aka "chaos can't lose even when they do" is stupid.

I'm thinking about making my own 40k parallel universe that isn't stupid

>> No.54905780

>>54904402
I would have thought they were cows.

>> No.54905819

>>54905679
Chaos corrupts reality. Souls are convenient because it bridges reality and the warp, but not necessary.

Necrons aren't immune to the point of the setting, which is corruption/decay and the struggle against it causing further decay and corruption. They and the old ones are kind of the original template for it.

>> No.54905820

>>54905780
How many toes do they have?

Odd or even?

>> No.54905840

>>54903680
Because even at the supposed height of Necron/C'tan wank, they were still second fiddle to Chaos outside their own fluff.

>>54905211
>Orks falling to chaos corruption? And then Chaos Tyranid Tendril?
Both of those are canon, yeah.

>>54905679
The warp being able to twist living metal is nothing new and it would have been fine if it was just left at that. Linking warp hijinks to the emotions of a being with no warp presence is what's fucky, but that's 40k metaphysics for you.

>> No.54905841

>>54905723
Chaos is the weakest link in 40k because the writers said "Chaos can never be defeated" which is retarded considering a wargame needs factions to rise and fall in fluff or the crunch will disconnect entirely from the lore.

>> No.54905885

>>54905819
They are pretty close to immune though

They lack the strong emotions that the rest of the races have, and are completely immune to diseases.

They really cannot fall per se, their weapons don't cause people to bleed, they lack a bunch of earthly pleasures, and they have amazing lives and lack a connection to the warp.

Imagine how hard it is to cause a tau to fall, the make the tau a living murder robot.

It can happen but considering there are trillions of necrons, anything can happen

>> No.54905909

Main reason Necrons haven't won is because a wargame setting needs to have a reason for all sides to fight each other.

Fluff reason would be because the new writers have a boner for Chaos, and only Chaos can do anything significant to the setting.

>> No.54905917

>>54905885
Not close enough. Anything can happen. That's the idea. Everything else is just powerlevel bullshit contests. No one is immune. Doesn't mean it will happen to everyone either though. People get really all-or-nothing about an intentionally open ended setting that purposefully has internally inconsistent fluff as a narrative point.

>> No.54905949

>>54905840
What you provided just proves that Necron are uncoruptable.
Chaos can manipulate and warp matter and space around them. But that does not change Necrons being.

You could crush a Necron and punch a hole through him with daemon fire, but that is using warp to affect reality, and use that on the necron. It is not corrupting the Necron, because he has no soul.

And what about Tuska? He went to WAAAAAGH into warp and Khorne is just using his powers to revive him and his boys to get killed and revived over and over. Like his personal Ork zoo. But this is not corupting the Ork.

If Tuska was to face Khorne himself face to face, he would call him a grot, and say he Iz smaller den Gork, an dumber that Mork, or the other way around.

They are not Khornate Orks, they are just playthings for Khorne, yes, and Khorne can rip them asunder with his power, in his realm. But being revived in warp, in Khornes domain, over and over is not corupting Tuska and his boyz.

>> No.54905956

So Imotekh is totally bending the knee to the Silent King when they meet up... right?

>> No.54905995

>>54905956
Silent King releasing with the Necron codex would be a dream come true.

>> No.54906018

The scary thing is that unlike all the gods in 40k the c'tan are the most likely to actually do something.

The deceiver despite being sharded, actually does things.

>> No.54906054

>>54905949
I think this is going to depend on how one defines "corruption", though I'd agree in any case that Tuska's boyz aren't corrupted, simply preserved (and living the dream).

>> No.54906125

>>54906054
Yea.
I would say that warp can without doubt affect Necron, like it can affect Orkz or Nids. Albeit it's weaker against crons.

But Necron, Ork or Nid turning spikey, chaos worshipers is impossible, because Crons and Nids hath no souls, and Orkz have souls so Orky they are already beyond perfect.

In fact chaos should be concerned about turning green, mean and choppy were it import more WAAAAAAGHZ into their realm.

>> No.54906149

>>54905507
And that is the exact reason that Chaos is getting picked on by Xenos of all races and getting its ass handed in the Fate of Konor campaign. Nobody wants that shit.

>> No.54906192

>>54905211
>Orks falling to chaos corruption?
Orkfag here.

While it's extremely rare, Orks are capable of being corrupted by Chaos. However, in the case of non-psyker Orks, its more like one of the legends about vampires where they need to be invited into a house by someone before they can enter type of thing, with the house in question being the Ork's body (this sort of thing only really happens among Ork Freebootas, and even then most of the time the greenskins start worshiping ol' Khorne).

As for Ork psykers, most weirdboyz just harness the powers of the WAAAGH!! and not the Warp proper, so daemons can't really possess them. However, Weirdboy Warpheadz do, and... well....

Let's just say daemons try to avoid possessing Weirdboyz for a very good reason.

See pic related for the explanation on that.

>> No.54906223

>>54906192
That's amazing, need more Orky fluff like that.

>> No.54906234

>>54906223
Do you know about tuska daemon killa?

>> No.54906246

>>54904366
If Chaos kills the Emperor and the Warp merges with reality into an eternal hellscape the Necrons are as fucked as anyone.

>> No.54906265

>>54906192
Never knew that, pretty amazing shit
nice

>> No.54906267

>>54906234
Love that story, GW needs to let him escape to help Orks on Armageddon and elsewhere.

>> No.54906288

>>54906246
Planets still exist in the warp. They would just construct additional pylons.

Plus the illuminati are able to live in the warp like realspace, due to their ordered souls. The necrons don't even have souls.

>> No.54906409

>>54906223
>That's amazing, need more Orky fluff like that.
Yeah, some of the most entertaining Orky fluff comes from the Rogue Trader- 2e days. The possessed Warpheadz is actually from
"Freebooterz: Space Ork Army List 1st Edition" that was published back in 1991.

This same book also mentions the Khorne's stormboyz (basically gitz who took Khorne's old code of harsh discipline, a code to rules governing conduct among honorable warriors, and constant bloodshed to heart), who aren't tolerated amongst normal Orks and exist purely among Freebootaz.

And as it turns out, Ork Chaos Renegades Warbands used to be a thing amongst the Orks back in 1st edition, but were tolerated by normal Orks because a) moar boyz for cannon fodder is always good and b) a Weirdboyz a day -keeps the Chaos manifestations away.

Of course, this was back before the post-2011 push of Chaos as the ultimate big bad by GW and BL writers, when all the enemies of the Imperium were equal threats and Chaos wasn't being depicted as this 'unstoppable force that will always win the setting no matter what you do' nonsense.

>> No.54906426

>>54903680

>> No.54906441

>>54903680
Real question is how long until the nids arrive in full force and win.

>> No.54906452

>>54906288
>Planets still exist in the warp. They would just construct additional pylons.

No, they don't. Don't confuse Warpstorms with the proper Warp.

>>54905956
No, 8th ED shows that he wants to rule the Necrons himself.

>> No.54906463

>>54906441
The necrons win because the tyranids don't care about them, and if all life is taken out then chaos becomes inert.

Then they can seal the eye of terror and go to bed

>> No.54906482

>>54904697
High-tech blue people constructing additional pylons?
How passé...

>> No.54906483

>>54906452
There are planets in the warp, look at the ones in the eye of terror.

>> No.54906484

>>54905679
Chaos corrupts machines, planets, and suns. Basically everything. Necrons included.

>>54905949
>And what about Tuska? He went to WAAAAAGH into warp and Khorne is just using his powers to revive him and his boys to get killed and revived over and over. Like his personal Ork zoo. But this is not corupting the Ork.

Khorne owns their souls and can corrupt them if he wishes.

>It is not corrupting the Necron, because he has no soul.

Corruption is corruption. That necron mind was subverted and consumed by Chaps.

>> No.54906498

>>54906483
THE EYE OF TERROR IS A WARPSTORM, DINGUS.

Laws of reality still exist within the Eye of Terror albeit distorted.

>> No.54906508

>>54905222
>war in heaven
Actually, that got retconned recently.
It was all Chaos's fault lol.

>> No.54906516

>>54906125
Been beaten to it, but Orks genuinely worshipping Chaos, however uncommon, dates back to 1st edition. On the other hand, according to the fluff from that era, this
>In fact chaos should be concerned about turning green, mean and choppy were it import more WAAAAAAGHZ into their realm.
is actually true and Khorne is indeed part Ork.

Look at the Lord of Skulls model.

>> No.54906518

>>54906484
Chaps?

I guess even necrons like good trousers.

But in all seriousness, vulkan got driven pretty insane by Cruze. However you don't consider Vulkan as corrupted by chaos.

>> No.54906529

>>54906508
No, the Old Ones had Chaos contained and managed. The Necrontyr starting the War in Heaven resulted in daemons getting loose and the walls of reality being sundered.

>> No.54906544

>>54906498
On that note there are still places to be in the warp, islands.

Necrons could just settle in the barren wastes, and with enough pylons even the daemons won't bug them.

Plus if the rift breaks then everything in the universe will be pulled into the warp.

>> No.54906552

>>54906149
Except the lore writers.
It's funny - the people making the actual models and rules can't be bothered to put Chaos on-par with the Imperium, so the poor guys get their asses handed to them in what's a really unfair contest. BUT, the guys in charge of the lore love Chaos so much, that they just tell everyone that Chaos is the best, and shove it into the lore wherever they can.
Neither group is really doing their preferred faction any favors.

>> No.54906569

>>54906518
>However you don't consider Vulkan as corrupted by chaos.

If his mind was subverted by Chaos, yes. Vulkan was repeated deaths caused his madness.

It was shown that Necron minds can be affected with Eldar psychic powers, it was shown that Chaos can sense Necron emotions, it was shown that the taint of Chaos can influence and take over Necron bodies, and finally it was shown that Chaos entities can devour Necron minds. Lucius now has the Necrons mind forever contained within his body.

Chaos corrupts all. No one is safe.

>> No.54906585

>>54906569
I'm going to laugh at you for a long time.

The illumnati are completely immune to chaos.

>> No.54906593

>>54906529
True, I was wrong about the *nature* of the retcon.
It *used* to be that the only reason that Chaos had power was because of the ridiculous amounts of bloodshed in the War in Heaven.
But that was too interesting, so we just went with 'no there was always chaos lol'.

>> No.54906611

>>54906544
No, there isn't. Necrons like everything else will dissolve in the Warp.

And motherfucker please. The Necron Pylons in real space melt when exposed to powerful Warpstorms or rifts. They won't last a minute inside the Warp.

>> No.54906615

>>54906516
>an Ork with a plasma cannon
We are surely doomed.

>> No.54906629

>>54906585
>The illumnati are completely immune to chaos.

The illumnati are not canon. Revealed to be a Tzeentchian cult and then written of the lore.

>> No.54906660

>>54906463
>chaos becomes inert.

Chaos won't be inert. In fact, Chaos's goal is to destroy life.

>The necrons win

and Necrons will lose because life is required for the Necrons to maintain their supremacy. The Necrons know only to maintain, they cannot create. They need living races to create for them. They need the living to escape their soulless stat and descent into madness.

>> No.54906661

>>54906629
This was all a cunning lie by the Slann and Saharduin, fool, as revealed by the newest dumb retcon.

>> No.54906675

>>54906629
written off*

>> No.54906678

>>54906660
>Chaos's goal is to destroy life.
wat?

Chaos wants to comit suicide?

>> No.54906702

>>54906678
Chaos won't die if life is erased. See>>54906611

>>54906661

Anon, stop being delusional.

>> No.54906728

>>54906629
Only people who have conquered the chaos within themselves can go into the black library, and considering that there are humans inside the black library. They are at least some people immune to chaos.

Other examples
>stern
>the interex
>jokero

>> No.54906781

>>54906728
>>jokero

No proof.

>>the interex

No proof.

>stern

Living Saints love portions of their souls to Chaos each time they die.

>and considering that there are humans inside

Only one and he is far from being immune.

>> No.54906803

>>54906660
Chaos is awakened from the chaos that emotion brings.

It's why you can't leave the galaxy, as having little to no life makes the warp to calm to live in

Just because chaos has and will always exist doesn't make it have power overanyone. It just becomes a whisper in the warp when all life is gone

Think of chaos like electrons, they want to reach a stable position, which emotion likes making hard for them.

If their are no souls to clog up the warp, then chaos isn't even an issue.

>> No.54906804

>>54904992
If machinery like computers and vehicles can be possessed, surely the same goes for crons.

>> No.54906807

>>54906516
>is actually true and Khorne is indeed part Ork.
Hilariously, with the decision to make Khorne/Nurgle/Tzeentch less human-centric in the fluff and Khorne gaining sentience sometime after the War in Heaven (meaning he probably shows up after Gork and Mork manifested), not only is Khorne part-Ork, he's more or less Gork's n' Mork's 'little brother'.

>>54906593
>It *used* to be that the only reason that Chaos had power was because of the ridiculous amounts of bloodshed in the War in Heaven.
>But that was too interesting, so we just went with 'no there was always chaos lol'.
I think the confusion stems from Chaos being 'the four Ruinous Powers' instead of Chaos just being 'daemons in general', which, while still outrageous, is not as egregious a retcon as it seems.

That being said, the ones saying malarkey are the Eldar, and they're 100% trustworthy and totally not lying to manipulate people into focusing on killing Slaanesh at all, so we can take their word at face value.

>> No.54906840

>>54906781
Interex literally had chaos artifacts in museums, if the imperium did that they would have billions of cults cropping up. The sheer knowledge of chaos makes in a none issue. It's why the emperor and old ones will never fall to chaos.

>> No.54906853

>>54906803
>It just becomes a whisper in the warp when all life is gone

No, there is no before and after in the Warp. There is only now. They will always be as powerful as they are, independent of what's in reality.

The influence of Chaos outside the Warp depends on the state of walls of reality.

>> No.54906872

>>54906054
Go back to/wrp/, Magnus

>> No.54906892

>>54906853
If all life just died then chaos would have no power over real space.

The necrons would just chill.

That seems pretty freakin inert to me

>> No.54906902

>>54906840
>Interex literally had chaos artifacts in museums

So do the bloody Tau (Pandorax), and they aren't immune as we have stories of them being corrupted by Chaos and possessed.

>It's why the emperor and old ones will never fall to chaos.

In the old fluff, the Chaos Gods were eaten at the Emperor defences and there was a remote chance of him succumbing.

As for the Old Ones, there isn't any sufficient data.

>> No.54906909

>>54906615
3rd edition kustom mega-blastas essentially were shorter-ranged plasma cannons, though they later diverged further (and there are kustom mega-kannons now, but not for infantry).

There was also Nazdreg, who had a gun that was just a plasma cannon but Assault instead of Heavy, and BS4 in an age when all other Orks had been reduced to 2.

>> No.54906954

>>54906892
>>54906892
>If all life just died then chaos would have no power over real space.

Not if Chaos uses up life to permanently break the walls of reality first.

And FYI, Chaos daemons have been known attack Necron sub-dimensions because they find these pockets of reality delicious. There is no life in there and yet daemons attacks. They attack just because they can

>> No.54906960

>>54906804
You possess something by puting a daemon of a corrupt soul into it. I wonder what would happen if someone would capture a cron and then put a deamon into one.

My guess is you would get a possessed cron for some time, but soon natural stubborn pessimisstic grumpiness of the cron would tire the deamon so much it would be vanished into the warp. If the cron was grumpy enough it might have all or some control of his body while the deamon is still in it, making himself an effective prison/torture chamber for the poor poor daemon.

also possession =/= corruption

>> No.54906973

>>54906902
Any tau less then an ethereal lack all knowledge of chaos.

Heck even most ethereals lack knowledge of chaos.

The reason tons don't fall to chaos is because of their small souls.

But the interex where human they don't have that built in resistance.

>> No.54907038

>>54906960
>also possession =/= corruption

Actually, the Daemon Lord from "Fire Warrior" said that the host must be corrupted a bit to allow possession. That's how the Ethereal resisted possession, He closed his mind to all forms of psychic corruption which made possessing him extremely difficult.

>> No.54907282

>>54906803
>It's why you can't leave the galaxy, as having little to no life makes the warp to calm to live in
Ya must be zogged in the head, because Orks spread beyond our galaxy's rim a long time ago (since before M26, given the timeline).

>>54906960
>If the cron was grumpy enough it might have all or some control of his body while the deamon is still in it, making himself an effective prison/torture chamber for the poor poor daemon.
Oddly enough, this is almost exactly happens when a daemon tries to possess a Warphead Weirdboy. See >>54906192 pic for what I'm talking about.

>Lord of Change sees a psyker using the Warp, decides to possess them for 'Just As Planned!'
>Realizes too late he just possessed a Warphead Weirdboy by mistake and is now trapped inside it
>NOT AS PLANNED! NOT AS PLANNED!!

>> No.54907289

>ITT: Chaosfags defend the idea that Chaos is all powerful and destined to win

Reminder to Chaosfags, Horus with all of the power of all 4 of the Dark Gods couldn't defeat the Emperor.

>> No.54907320

>>54907282
The war in heaven was a universal war, which explains the orks outside the universe.

Non warp travel still works

>> No.54907323

>>54907289
>ITT: Carnac
ftfy

>> No.54907342

>>54907289
>Horus with all of the power of all 4 of the Dark Gods couldn't defeat the Emperor.

A reminder that Laurie Goulding said that the final fight was rewritten and is nothing like William King's version. The announcement the coming BL weekender says that the HH series is nearing its end. The series should end in 2018. Are you hyped for ADB writing the final fight?

>>54907282
>Ya must be zogged in the head, because Orks spread beyond our galaxy's rim a long time ago (since before M26, given the timeline).

Dude, I want you to calculate how long will it take for an non-FTL probe to reach the edge of the galaxy from Terra.

>> No.54907366

>>54907282
>>54906192
Are you still on that silly lore? It was retconned. Abaddon and his cabal of sorcerers did experiments on Ork weirdboyz by combining them with daemons. That resulted in the creation of daemon-Ork hybrids.

>> No.54907369

>>54907342
>A reminder that Laurie Goulding said that the final fight was rewritten and is nothing like William King's version.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/328184-master-of-mankind-review-or-spoilers/page-17#entry4588364
>Right, time to put an end to this sort of thing...

>I've said nothing about anything being changed. Rumour-mongers will have to try harder than that, I'm afraid.

>Much like the Emperor himself, I don't make absolute claims about things that haven't yet happened. I usually preface anything I say about the future of the HH series with "in my opinion, it might be cool if..."

>> No.54907381

>>54907320
Heck there are probably ork necron and eldar planets outside the galaxy

Oh man, know I want 40k: andromeda

>> No.54907403

>>54903680
>Do they just not care enough?
I have seen some convincing arguments for exactly this.

>> No.54907405

>>54907381
>40k: andromeda
Actually, if the setting were to expand, might be easier to just bring in the Milky Way's satellite galaxies.

>> No.54907413

>>54907369
The guy is lying through his teeth. Must be the pressure from the fans. Let me look up where OI placed the screencap.

>> No.54907469

>>54907413
Found it.

Explain this to me guys. What's possessed you to harrass a guy so much that he has to lie about what he said so he can get peace. Grow up.

>> No.54907510

>>54907369
It hasn't been retconned yet

>> No.54907542

>>54907469
Seriously, guys. You are all pieces of shit. We had an insider forewarning us about future changes and you forced him to shut up. I blame /HH/ general.

>> No.54907596

So it's Alan Merret AND Rick Priestly (founders of the setting) that decided that Chaos is destined to win. That makes the guys who say that this was a recent retcon liars.

>> No.54907684

>>54907342
>Dude, I want you to calculate how long will it take for an non-FTL probe to reach the edge of the galaxy from Terra.
I see nowhere in that blurb defining anything about that probe using non-FTL travel to reach the edge of the galaxy, so the calculations don't really matter. You're also implying the DAoT equivalent of techpriests weren't competent enough to know sending a probe out to explore the universe without launching it through the Warp to reach the galactic edge first is, well, disingenuous to say the least.

>>54907366
>It was retconned.
>implying chaos sorcery expermentation on Weirdboyz retcons daemons' natural avoidance of Weirdboyz or Warpheadz Weirdboyz being a roach motel for daemons in any way whatsoever.
>implying daemon-Ork hybrids qualify as 'possessed weirdboyz' and not what it says on the tin: Daemon-Ork Hybrid.
Chaos sorcery + Daemons =/= Daemons can now easily possess Weirdboyz you maroon.

>>54907596
>So it's Alan Merret AND Rick Priestly (founders of the setting) that decided that Chaos is destined to win.
>According to Laurie Goulding, who only doesn't cite any sources or direct quotes whatsoever to back up his claims
Totally unbiased source you got there mate.

>> No.54907848

>>54907684
>In a reimagining of the epic poem Paradise Lost, which deals with an attempt to overthrow God by a faction of rebel angels, Warhammer 40,000 featured a cataclysmic schism within the forces of the Empire of Mankind. In an event known as the Horus Heresy, chapters of Space Marines – genetically engineered, fanatically religious super-soldiers – turned against their Emperor after falling prey to the influence of the Chaos Gods, the supreme antagonists of this dark future setting.

-Rick Priestly

I am looking over Rick Priestly interviews for the related information. Already I got a good catch.

>Chaos sorcery + Daemons =/= Daemons can now easily possess Weirdboyz you maroon.

Daemon possessed Orks and that resulted in daemonic hybrids. How does that not retcon it? If Orks were roach motels or whatever you said that wouldn't have happened. Then you have the time when quote in the Ork codex of a weirdboy having his head explode into a daemon that fought the Orks in the Spacey Ulk.

>I see nowhere in that blurb defining anything about that probe using non-FTL travel to reach the edge of the galaxy,

You need a navigator dude and a warp engine. Both require calculation cause if you don't have any you will end up sinking into the Warp or crashing into something. Ships with no navigators tend to do short hops in and out of the warp which is much slower than warp travel.

>> No.54908043

>>54907848
>Travellin' through space is boring. Well, boring unless da hulk yer on is full of dem gene-sneakers, or a base fer da chaos lads wiv da spikes, or already has Boyz on it. Or if humie lootas come callin', that's always good fer a bit a sport. Or unless yer have a mutiny or two to pass da time, or unless strange fings start happenin', which dey usually do when yer out in da warp. One time we had some bloody great ugly fing come straight out of Weird Lugwort's 'ed! It butchered half da lads, that was pretty entertainin'. Come ter fink of it, space is a pretty good larf. And that's before yer find yerself a nice world ta crush!

-Bigmaw, Ork Runtherd (Codex: Orks 4th Edition, p. 18)

Found it.

>> No.54908080

>>54903680
We've had this thread so many times now I can't even count, and every time it goes the same way.

>> No.54908165

TL;DR
If the necrons actually got serious they would win, but why would they?

>> No.54908221

>>54908165
The Necrons are serious. Seriously failing. Each dynasty is working for itself. With no unity, the Necrons stand no chance at all versus Chaos or the Tyranids.

>> No.54908269

>>54908221
If anything chaos should really be losing because of the self destructive nature of chaos.

Like 99% of the gods attention is on their own little wars, not the ones in our dimension.

But honestly some necron really needs to seriously start uniting everything, storm lord, deceiver, silent king. Don't care just let it happen

>> No.54908375

>>54908269
If Age of Sigmar is any indication, Necrons will be wiped out and assimilated by the Tyranids. Somehow.

>> No.54908401

>>54907848
>Daemon possessed Orks and that resulted in daemonic hybrids. How does that not retcon it?
When human psykers are possessed by daemons, does that make them human-daemon hybrids? No that makes them possessed by daemons. Same goes for Orks. If they said the Weirdboyz were possessed by daemons, they would have stated it 'possessed weirdboyz', not 'created Daemon-Ork hybrids'.

It is not hard to understand.

>If Orks were roach motels or whatever you said that wouldn't have happened.
I said "Warpheadz Weirdboyz being a roach motel for daemons in any way whatsoever". I was VERY specific about the Weirdboy part. Claiming I said "Orks" when I did not is rather dishonest, and that's putting it politely.

>>54908043
>implying I don't have 4e's codex and already know about this quote
Possessing requires the daemon still be using the body, which that daemon didn't do after exiting the (likely now dead) Weirdboy's head. Bit of a difference.

If you're going to stand here and act like everything must be explicitly spelled out in the fluff in order to be canon for other factions, then the same logic gets applied to Chaos as well.

>> No.54908429

>>54908080
>We've had this thread so many times now I can't even count, and every time it goes the same way.
Honestly, you can replace Necrons with ANY faction that's not Chaos and there's going to be at least ONE chaosfag who comes in and bitches about how Chaos is better and will always win no matter what.

>> No.54908479

>>54908429
>and there's going to be Carnac
ftfy

>> No.54908587

>>54908401
>does that make them human-daemon hybrids?

Yes? Picture related.

>I was VERY specific about the Weirdboy part. Claiming I said "Orks" when I did not is rather dishonest, and that's putting it politely.

I forgot to add in the Weirdboy part. Typo. Sue me.

>Possessing requires the daemon still be using the body, which that daemon didn't do after exiting the (likely now dead) Weirdboy's head. Bit of a difference.

But the lore above says daemons get trapped inside the Warpheads. Now which way is it?

>> No.54908602

>>54908429
Newcrons a shit. Abaddon just killed one of their elder elite Crypteks and destroyed his pylons.

>> No.54908765

>>54908479
How is this guy not banned permanently? He ruins every thread with Chaos wank.

>> No.54908796

>>54908587
>not understanding that Warpheadz are a specific subset of Weirdboyz
Warpheads are Weirdboyz, but not all Weirdboyz are Warpheadz. You're being intellectually dishonest here and everyone can see it.
>Still using 'everything must be spelled out explicitly for the fluff for everyone EXCEPT Chaos' logic
You don't get to have your cake and eat it too. On a side note, it states the CHAOS SORCERERS USED THEIR SORCERY to make these daemon-Ork hybrids, which again, provides no ability to retcon prior fluff about Weirdboyz and daemons in a natural environment without outside interference.

I'm done arguing this topic, because it's obvious that you're just trying to claim that Chaos is perfect and nothing can resist/stop Chaos no matter what the actual fluff says.

Again.

Like chaosfags always do.

>> No.54908900

>>54908796
>but not all Weirdboyz are Warpheadz. You're being intellectually dishonest here and everyone can see it.

Warpheads are Weirdboyz. The minor distinction is that they use the Warp too much and opens them to sucking in a daemon by mistake.

>THEIR SORCERY to make these daemon-Ork hybrids

By just binding daemons to these Orks. We have seen how the process works a thousand times in the fluff. It's not rocket science.

And again, the lore above says daemons get stuck inside a Warphead with no means of escaping but then you have an instance of a daemon busting out of the Wboyz head. So clearly the fluff was changed.

>> No.54909064

>>54903680
Too busy making orks piss in their mouth.

>> No.54909124

>>54906615
I was more impressed with bs 4

>> No.54909359

>>54904284
I miss oldcrons. You just chalked it up to "the C'tan are still dickimus prime and screwing around/waiting that little bit longer for everything to hit maximum buffet"

hell it made sense for them to be moving slowly considering how absolutely poorly any engagement with them tended to go. A dozen stock necron troops could put a near-mortal dint in a chapter given some time

>> No.54909439

>>54908602
Abbadon's a shitty ripoff of a lame Edgelord and has plot armor the size of the sun.

>> No.54909517

>>54904574
>Necron tech-fashion police
>"Is that mech BIPEDAL? Oh honey, bipedal mechs went out of style half a millenia ago, quadruped mechs are the new IN thing."

>> No.54909561

>>54909124
Well that only dooms us further, so

>> No.54909674

>>54904366
>The Tyranids can't eat you
Actually there was a fluff about a Tomb World being eaten by Nids.

>> No.54909692

>>54904402
>Goats
More like bovine.

>> No.54909716

>>54909674
Living metal doesn't make good eats

>> No.54909762

>>54909716
Tell that to those space lizard bugs.

Hell, newer fluff after 4th ED also mentions them eating planets so hard they even absorb some of the natural minerals from the depths of the planets they are feasting on.

>> No.54909918

>>54909762
>>54909674
Quit lying. The Tyranids leave Necrons alone unless provoked or attacked (Words of the Silent King). The Necrons are not fodder for the Tyranid bioships. If you say there is fluff, then cite the fluff source, you jackass.

>> No.54909966

>>54909762
>so hard they even absorb some of the natural minerals from the depths of the planets they are feasting on.

Forget to address this lie. No, Tyranids stick to the surface and upper layers. they do not plung to the depths of planets where the Necron tombs are usually located. However, the earthquakes caused by tyranid activity can damage or destroy tomb worlds.

>> No.54910032

>>54909517
>not hexapedal

>> No.54910050

>>54910032
Although they're not the only ones.

>> No.54911519

So about this Overlord that actually cares I'm making

Why does he care about what happens to the galaxy?

Why is he avoiding the politicals that the others care about?

What kind of court does he have?

>> No.54911604

I'm glad I got out of this hobby when I realized that Tyranids would never recover after 5e, and that Games Workshop would never allow the metaplot to progress in a direction that led to conclusion. Nobody is stronger than the other because if one side was stronger enough (and not the Tau) the setting would start to resolve itself.

Aren't they now downplaying the threat of both the Necron and the previous Hive Fleet incursions? Is Chaos next on the chopping block?

>> No.54911618

>>54911519
Why would a cybernetic lich care about what happens to the galaxy?

>> No.54911752

Because Newcrons are lolrandumb and can't be arsed to be actual Necrons.

>> No.54912516

Papa Nurgle's Garden has grown something grand this time! The Plaguelord has been saddened for millennia that those unfortunate Necrons haven't been able to receive his love, but no longer! Nurglings are being sent out to distribute the Metalrot! A plague that rots necrodermis....into necrontyr flesh!


Grandfather can't take all the credit! Much of the work couldn't have been done without samples of a small Tyranid fleet that has a method to digest necrodermis!

>> No.54912665

>>54904144
Fluffwise, thats what Imotekh is there for. Right now he's launching wars of conquest on neighboring dynasties.
But I dont expect much, considering GW has a vacuum seal around the Imperium's rotting dick.

>> No.54912699

>>54904144
>You'd think there would be at least one overlord with his crap together

>> No.54914837

>>54912699
>Imotekh
>The guy whose brilliant plans get ruined anytime an Ork gets involved
>Has his crap together

If you're having trouble with accounting for the greenskins in your brilliant strategies, you don't have your crap together at all.

>> No.54915415

>>54914837
>In the time before the great sleep, Nemesor Zahndrekh was a beacon of strength and discipline. His conduct was honourable, his tactical brilliance renowned, and his loyalty to the Sautekhi Phaeron absolute. Along with the looming figure of his ever-present Vargard, Obyron, the old Nemesor was a constant sight at the forefront of the Sautekh dynasty’s campaigns. The duo were much loved by the common soldiery, and the absolute terror of the separatists against whom they fought. Now, however, Zahndrekh’s mind is addled by damage wrought during the great sleep. The old Nemesor is trapped in the past like a fly in amber.

>Zahndrekh sees separatists where others see aliens, he insists upon strict adherence to the Triarch’s ancient codes of honour, and he maintains a cadre of four-score food tasters despite having consumed his last meal before Mankind discovered fire.

>Yet for all this, he is Imotekh’s greatest weapon against the menace of the Orks. Long have the greenskins confounded the Phaeron of the Sautekh dynasty, for how can one apply logical counter-measures to a race so impossible to predict? Time and again the Orks of the Charadon Empire have driven Imotekh to distraction, yet to Zahndrekh they are mere secessionists to be brought to heel. So it is that in recent years the Stormlord has left Zahndrekh to handle the greenskins that threaten his realm, a task at which the old Nemesor has singularly excelled.

>> No.54915683

>>54906853
And when all life dies, Now shall never Have Been and Shall Be no more.

>> No.54915825

>>54915683
>shall never Have Been

Except it has been and will be. Just give up trying to apply real space laws on the Warp.

>> No.54915892

>>54915825
And then why isn't Be'lakor the only and infinite Chaos God? Because you clean your dishes with a buttplug shoved up your ass you filthy little shit.

>> No.54916878

>>54908602
>Abaddon just killed one of their elder elite Crypteks and destroyed his pylons.
So the named chosen of all four gods, and the biggest baddest in Chaos, Leader of chaos forces and arch-enemy of mankind killed some Cryptek?

Good for him.

>> No.54916912

>>54915892
Because Be'lakor was nerfed by the Chaos Gods and also lost plenty of his items of power during his galactic adventure. I don't see how Be'lakor is relevant to this.

>> No.54917582

>>54904757

>> No.54917759

>>54917582
Why did you bring that up as if it means nothing? Null matrices =/= Pylons.

Null matrices take a lot of energy and are cwery fragile. They can be overwhelmed by Warpstorms. Pylons are scattered around the surface of planets. Null Matrices are hidden inside the tombs.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action