Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.53902540 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Holy shit 100 years later and they're still there? How the fuck have the tyranids not figured out how to defeat Orks? How have the Orks not reached Beast era levels due to all that constant fighting? Shit just doesn't make sense, but at least they stalemated Khornes OP blood crusade

>> No.53902891

The answer is right there my friend, there may be 28 biotitans, but there are lotz of grotz

>> No.53902927

>>53902891
>lotz is the actual term for the grot swarms
Kek

>> No.53902963

>>53902540
So let me get this straight, Ghazzy beat Skarbrand, AND Doombreed, AND Karanak, AND Kharn all while simultaneously fighting off a tyranid headed (Or possibly formerly headed) by the swarmlord?
I think at this point Knorne should just commit sudoku

>> No.53903021

>>53902963
Oh, and it also said only the Daemons left to the warp, so until a further update (Which I know is coming) we can only assume that the cults, gors, and world eaters were left behind to get slaughtered. The world eaters will just re spawn in the warp though

>> No.53903095

>>53902540
>Redhorn Bloodgors Warherd

This makes me miss WHFB so much.

>> No.53903102

>>53903095
Why? You miss beastmen being the jobbers of the chaos gods instead of the skaven?

>> No.53903109

>>53903095
shouldn't you be happy since this means we'll be getting a bloodgor kit for 40k? Probably one that, like the Tzaagor one is just an AoS kit with an extra sprue of guns and chain weapons?

>> No.53903139

>>53903102

Just nostalgia. I had forgotten beastmen even existed, but whenever I heard the word gor or something similar, I think back to the old days of the old wargor model leading beastmen across a neon green plains. They're one of the old WHFB armies that haven't changed a lot unlike WE or WoC.

>> No.53903159

>>53903139
The only thing that really changed with the transition to AoS is they lost their named characters and now they're even shitter

>> No.53903178

>>53903159
>Achaosi Abeastmeni

>> No.53903200

>>53903178
Actually they're just called gors now.
Only name change they got is Minotaurs -> bullgors

>> No.53903800

>>53902963
More like Ghazz and Swarmlord held off all those guys until they bitched out and left in the warpstorm without killing anyone of note. Poor showing for Khorne considering pretty much every MVP is there including doombreed. Khorne jobbed to Tyranids and Orks HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!

>> No.53903894

>>53903800
Considering they're all super valuable and can just fucking respawn as long as they have khorne's favor, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if one or two died.
Also like, I don't know if it's true, but I heard that the swarmlord also jobbed to the orks

>> No.53904038

>>53902540
I really would like to know what the hivemind is thinking about those orkz.

>> No.53904294

>>53902540
>How the fuck have the tyranids not figured out how to defeat Orks?
More keep pouring in from all over the galaxy to get rich.

>How have the Orks not reached Beast era levels due to all that constant fighting?
The ones that stick around too long keep getting killed before they can get too big.

>> No.53904366

>>53902540
Clearly they used Da Sekret Weapon.

>> No.53906229

>>53902540
>8 Exalted Bloodthirsters with 88 Cohorts of Daemons couldn't get to the Eternity Gate even after being spawned right outside the palace.
>Ka'Bandha, Kharn, Fucking Doombreed and Skarbrand couldn't beat Margaret Thatcher and her football hooligans, or the NPCs who couldn't eat the Blood Angels in the decade it would have taken Guilliman to reach Baal without the Astronomicon.
Khorne's just not having a good Noctis Aeterna huh?

>> No.53906615

>>53903894
No it's just one idiot who insists that swarmlord was on the planet when Ghaz wiped out all the tyranids of Octarius even though there is no evidence. OP picture is he first time we actually get evidence of swarmlord being present on the same battlefield as Ghaz

>> No.53907180

>>53902963
>So let me get this straight, Ghazzy beat

No. Ghaz and the Swarmlord, working together only managed to briefly stalemate a Blood Crusade. The Crusade then left to go fight the War in the Rift.

>> No.53907923

>>53907180
>chaos fags everyone

Enjoy never doing anything of consequence, so far all you've done is save the blood angels from getting completely nommed

>> No.53907936

>>53902540
>Grot Hordes: Lotz

Fuck I laffed

>> No.53907949

>>53902540
>How the fuck have the tyranids not figured out how to defeat Orks?
Who says they havn't realized that keeping the war going is an all you can eat buffet? Think about it, if the tyranids can manage to keep the war going and export bioships to other sectors, then this is a win win for them.

>> No.53908033

>>53902540
>Swarmy actually won an engagement
Not trying to steal the orks thunder here btw, its just I'm baffled Swarmy was actually allowed to be on the winning side of any conflict involving named characters.

>> No.53908075

>>53906615
>Ghaz wiped out all the tyranids of Octarius
wait what?

>> No.53908077

>>53908033
>Stalemate
>Win

>> No.53908153

>>53907923
>Chaosfag
>For not agreeing with an Orkfag misinterpreting the fluff

>> No.53908187

>>53908077
>Daemons left via warp storm

>> No.53908224

>>53908187
What's your point?

>> No.53908318

>>53908075
>wait what?
Ghazzy showed up to reinforce the boys on Octaria (actual name of the planet that's the core of the Ork Empire), killed a Malwoc after it tried to eat him, and the boyz on the planet proceeded to murder every single Tyranid on the planet and in orbit around at that time. (Source: WAAAGH! Ghazzy supplement) The claim being made about the Swarmlord (it's more than just 'one idiot', I've encountered several people irl who say this... and they were Tyranid players) is that since Swarmy was supposedly planetside during that time (due to showing up in 5e nid codex, despite not being mentioned in 6e), Swarmy got wiped out in that first wave of nids by unnamed Orks.

Leviathan went: 'Da fuq?' and threw several more tendrils at that planet just to be safe prior to the Great Rift shitting everything up.

>> No.53908477

>>53908224
>>53908187
when the attackers are unable to take anything and stalemate for a while before retreating thats called losing

>> No.53908737

>>53908477
>when the attackers are unable to take anything

The fight is the reward itself. They were surely able to reap a fearsome tally of blood and skulls.
And the "retreat" had nothing to with anything Ghazgkhul did.

>> No.53908756

>>53902540
>How have the Orks not reached Beast era levels due to all that constant fighting?
Oh, some of them probably are getting close at this point. I mean, Ghazzy's already got psyker powers 100 years ago (well, extreme long-range telepathy anyway), so it wouldn't be surprising if he came out extremely powerful once he leaves Octarius.

>>53907180
>Ghaz and the Swarmlord,
>Nids
>Allying with ANYONE
You are a really silly grot of anon if you think this is what happened.

>>53902963
>Ghazzy beat Skarbrand, AND Doombreed, AND Karanak, AND Kharn
>while holding off nids headed (or formerly headed) by Swarmy
Pretty much. Ghazzy isn't the type to just go one-on-one with other opponents though. He only does it when he decides he absolutely needs to (and since Orks aren't really scared of daemons that much, the need isn't that high). That said, Skarbrand, Doombreed, Karanak and Kharn probably fought their their way through Thraka's boyz and THEN got krumped by the Prophet o' da Waaagh!

>I think at this point Knorne should just commit sudoku
Nah. Khorne's fully aware of what Orks are capable of (why do you think he keeps Tuska Daemon-killa in his front yard back in the Warp), which is why he threw 4 of his best champions at Octarius.

The war gods in the Warp (Gork, Mork, and Khorne) are having a blast right now. Khorne's probably just grumpy right now that he lost to Gork n' Mork AND the overrated human psyker on a golden toilet.

>> No.53908792

>>53902540
Thank God Chaos finally got to the Octarius War, I hated reading all this fluff about it and having to ask myself "Where's Chaos? These are just xenos everywhere" Now it's finally here!

>> No.53908824

>>53908737
>The fight is the reward itself. They were surely able to reap a fearsome tally of blood and skulls.
>And the "retreat" had nothing to with anything Ghazgkhul did.
So... the Khorne gits are using Ork logic to justify getting their asses handed to them by the greenskins and the extragalactic cockroaches.

Just accept that Chaos lost mate. It'll be less embarrassing that way.

>> No.53908844

>>53908824
>Just accept that Chaos lost mate.

It was explicitly a stalemate though.

>> No.53908853

>>53902963
>>53908756
>>53903800
You moronic cunts. The text of the Blood Crusades says that Blood Crusade invasions most of the time lasts a few hours before being drawn to the Warp to go to the next battle.

It's a interplanetary drive-by rather than a full blown invasion. All the Tyranids and Orks did was survive for a few hours before the Warp took back its own and threw them at another world.

>> No.53908889

>>53908824
Nobody lost. Khornates and Nid+Orks fought for a few hours with no victor and then the Khornates left for the next battle.

>> No.53908927

>>53908756
>You are a really silly grot of anon if you think this is what happened.
Not him but read the text anon. It says the combined armies of Ghaz and swarmy fought Khornes crusade to a standstill before they left. Ghaz isn't above allying with people or calling a ceasefire, and the swarmlord was smart enough to realize that not addressing the crusade first would result in the nice stalemate they have going on being endangered so he stopped focusing on the Orks for a bit. All those Khorne Khorne champions couldn't stop the Orks or Nids, embarrassing

>> No.53908963

>>53908756
>>Ghaz and the Swarmlord,
>>Nids
>>Allying with ANYONE

It says that the combined might of the Orks and Nids stalemated the Blood Crusade.
C O M B I N E D
O
M
B
I
N
E
D

>> No.53908973

>>53908927
You mean the largest concentration of Orks and Tyranids at the time managed to survive a Khornate drive-by for a few hours. It's not a big accomplishment.

>> No.53909121

>>53908973
>managed to survive a Khornate drive-by for a few hours
>Blood Crusades only last a few hours
the people of Armageddon would like a Word with you about that, because they're still getting fucked by Khorne's Blood Crusade right now.

>>53908963
>combined might of the Orks and Nids
It's more likely that Khorne's forces tried to attack both the Orks and Nids at once, and the two armies independently decided to crush the new arrivals instead of actually allying with each other.

Common goal/interest? Sure.
Actually allying with each other, especially in the case of the Nids (even WITH the Swarmlord helping out)? I just can't see it. There's the language barrier for one thing.

>> No.53909152

>>53909121
>the people of Armageddon would like a Word with you about that, because they're still getting fucked by Khorne's Blood Crusade right now.

Nope, a different and unrelated Khornate and Tzeentch force invaded Armageddon.

The Blood Crusade partially broke apart and most of it went to the Rift War.

Read the fluff, you piece of shit.

>> No.53909181

>>53909121
>the people of Armageddon would like a Word with you about that, because they're still getting fucked by Khorne's Blood Crusade right now.

That's not the Blood Crusade. That's Tzeentch and Khorne of the Rift War.

>> No.53909214

>>53908973
The fluff also mentions that some of the crusades lasted way longer and entire worlds and hive tendrils were destroyed. Out of thousands of battles, the crusade only met its match twice, and once was at Octarius. I'm willing to bet the other time was either a force led by G-man himself, Yrvainne-sue, or an allusion to one of the loyalist primarchs returned.

>> No.53909231

>>53909152
>>53909181
>Nope, a different and unrelated Khornate and Tzeentch force invaded Armageddon.

OH REALLY?

>"Since the warp rift tore through the heart of the galaxy, Armageddon has found itself directly in the path of The Blood Crusade, a vast legion of Khorne’s Daemons pouring into realspace."
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/29/new-warhammer-40000-war-zone-armageddon/

>> No.53909296

>Kharn
>Legend

>> No.53909327

>>53909231
>https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/04/29/new-warhammer-40000-war-zone-armageddon/

They haven't arrived yet.

>>53909214
>hive tendrils

Hive Fleets where does it say it lasted longer?

>> No.53909356

Here is the fluff.

>> No.53909381

>>53909356
The Blood Crusade then went to the Rift War to settle things with the other forces of Chaos.

>> No.53909466

>>53909327
>They haven't arrived yet.
Someone clearly hasn't read the 8e fluff, because the Blood Crusade did arrive on Armageddon, and then Tzeentch's guys showed up and the two fought it out on Armageddon's surface, leaving half the planet looking like a daemon world when they werre done (doesn't say how long they were there but it'll probably be clarified in the future).

>>53909356
>Only twice has the Blood Crusade met its match
>Most engagements only last a few hours
>Most
Gee, I wonder which ones lasted longer than a few hours. Most likely the ones where they were having trouble slaughtering everything in sight.

Like the Octarius War.

>> No.53909557

>>53909466
>Someone clearly hasn't read the 8e fluff, because the Blood Crusade did arrive on Armageddon, and then Tzeentch's guys showed up and the two fought it out on Armageddon's surface, leaving half the planet looking like a daemon world when they werre done (doesn't say how long they were there but it'll probably be clarified in the future).

Nope, unrelated force. Post proof that it is the Blood Crusade because the text doesn't say it is.

>Gee, I wonder which ones lasted longer than a few hours.

Again, no proof.

>Most likely the ones where they were having trouble slaughtering everything in sight.

The Warp doesn't work like that. It draws back its followers at random.

>> No.53909647

>>53909557
>Post proof that it is the Blood Crusade because the text doesn't say it is.
>ignoring the fact that the link to the article on Warhammer Community explicitly says it's the Blood Crusade that was headed toward Armageddon
You are really, really dense anon.

The amount of damage control going on right now is just fucking sad.

>> No.53909686

>>53909647
Armageddon is in its warpath but it doesn't say it arrived yet. The rulebooks say that the Blood Crusade is currently at the Rift War. Where is your proofs?

>> No.53909725

>>53909557
>thousands of battles In which Khornes forces BTFO everything in sight until the whole population was dead or the warp storms receded
>most only last a few hours
>most
>other see entire populations slain, indicating they lasted longer
>we already know some warp storms can last for far longer than a few hours
>only twice was the crusade stalemated
>once what at Octarius
>they deemed this important enough to get an entire force org chart and a write up

I dunno, they didn't outright state the crusade lasted more than a few hours but some did and this one was important enough to include here. Also, in most of those thousands of battles, they didn't have nearly this concentration of heroes present on one planet and they still rekt tomb worlds and forge worlds. Pretty much everyone except Angron and skulltaker are there and none of them managed to kill Ghaz or the swarmlord

>> No.53909785

>>53909356
So, anyone want to try to figure out just exactly how many individuals are in those unit listings? How big is a big mob? 1000 Orks? 1,000,000? How big is a legion supposed to be? How many grotz is lotz?

>> No.53909892

>>53902540
KHORNEFAGS BTFO
>b-but they didn't choose the destination!
>b-but the battle only lasted a few hours, maybe!
>b-but their numerous hosts were fighting a grand total of 2 armies!
>b-but it wasn't a loss, they just left the battlefield!
>b-but an unended battle is a victory in khorne's book!
>b-but this one battle wasn't achtually the important one anyway!

>> No.53909914

>>53909785
>How big is a big mob? 1000 Orks? 1,000,000?
Big Mobs are basically tons of Ork Warbands under one boss, so it could easily range from 1,000,000 to 100,000,000 if I had to guess.

There's a line from a 40k novel where one Space Marine points at a green patch on the surface of a planet and asks: "What's that? A forest?" To which the other replies: "That is the enemy." If memory serves that was a novel taking place on Armageddon, and there were enough boyz running around to be seen from orbit.

Octarius is an Ork-held world being contested by Swarmy and his Nids. The total number of Orks there right now has to be in the billions if not 10s of billions.

>> No.53909981

>>53909892
>Khorne dominates the Warzone
>Leaves for bigger and better wars
>NPCfags consider this to be a victory.

>> No.53910043

>>53909981
>Chaosfag trying to save face for the fact almost all of Khorne's special characters got BTFO'd by Ghazzy and Swarmy the Eternal Jobber
>implying Khorne didn't just get tired of losing and drag his champions off to fight against someone they CAN win against (Tzeentch)
Seriously, when the throne-damned SWARMLORD is on the winning side of a battle, you know fucked up bad.

>> No.53910052

>>53909981
>>Khorne dominates the Warzone
>>bigger and "better" warzones

>This is what carnac unironically believes

holy shit the memes are real

>> No.53910066

>>53910043
But they weren't winning.
Can NPCfags not actually read?

>>53910052
>Implying the Rift War isn't bigger and better than Octaria.

>> No.53910099

>>53908737
>a fearsome tally of blood and skulls.
Nid skulls and ichor dont count

>> No.53910109

>>53910099
Yes they do.

>> No.53910118

>>53910043
>>53909725
Khornates do not leave a battle unless something forcefully pulls them from battle. Khornate daemons NEVER ever retreat. This indicates that the battle lasted a few hours before the Warp pulled them out.

Khornates would not forsake such a bloodbath of a battle with opponents nearly as bloodthisty as they are, unless it was beyond their control.

Orkfags trying to make this a victory are funny. They survived, they didn't win. Survived against the First wave of the Blood Crusade. The galaxy has yet to see the second wave.

>>53910099
Ichor doesn't count according to one source but Khorne likes Nid skulls.

>> No.53910148

>>53909381
>Noxias
>Rottgrave
>Verminox

Are you fucking kidding me, GW?

>> No.53910150

>be Planetary Governor of a Hive World
>Blood Crusade shows up
>daemons and space marines and cultists everywhere
>massive riots as all the underhivers get riled up
>declare a state of emergency
>lock down all transit methods between the upper and middle hives
>have the Imperial Guard shoot anyone who tries to circumvent them
>by the time you've finished setting up they're already gone
>they've taken all the underhiver scum with them
>the hive actually runs better than it did before

Well done, Khorne, You really did a good job helping to destroy the Imperium of Man.

>> No.53910155

>>53909981
>Khorne sends pretty much all of his greatest champions to this war zone
>fails to break the stalemate
>fails to kill either Ghaz or swarmlord
>pulls out to fight nurgle nerds that he can actually beat
>Khornefags actually thinking they dominated anything

>> No.53910185

>>53910155
>K-Khorne didn't dominate
>So what if it took the Orks and Nid combined strength to merely match the Crusade's onslaught!

>> No.53910186

>>53910155
The War in the Rift featured the greatest daemons from all four sides with a battle of daemonic attrition of titanic scales.

The fight couldn't be resolved so the Chaos Gods had to do a duel of champs to settle it. This shows the Battle at the Rift was at a much grander scale. Of course it was. It was in the Warp.

>> No.53910211

>>53910148
Because Nurglites would never name anything like that?

>> No.53910214

>>53910109
>Yes they do.
read shadowbrink

>>53910118
>but Ka'bandha likes using Nid skulls for decorating blood angel moons.
FTFY

>> No.53910265

>>53910214
>read shadowbrink

Read Khorne Daemonkin.

>> No.53910272

>>53910214
>read shadowbrink

Read the Daemonkin codex. There are Khornate warbands that specialise in hunting Tyranid fleets and making offerings of them to Khorne. The daemon codex says that upon Khorne's Skull Throne rests the skulls of Tyranids whose size is that of entire buildings.

>> No.53910282

>>53910118
>Khornate daemons NEVER ever retreat. This indicates that the battle lasted a few hours before the Warp pulled them out.
>This indicates the battle lasted a few hours
>I have absolutely no proof of this claim and am clearly talking out of my ass
Khorne's boys came to Octarius/Octaria to try and kill crush some of the biggest threats to Chaos' dominance in the galaxy, particularly one Big Green Jesus (Ghazzy). Khorne threw everything aside from the kitchen sinkAngron, who was waiting for the idiots over on Armageddon to ritually summon him at that planet.

The Orks and the Nids independently turned and beat the shit out of Khorne's followers until they fucked off back to the Warp so the bugs and angry mushrooms could go back to their meatgrinder bonanza, and with the situation essentially being the same as before the Blood Crusade showed up.

The Blood Crusade attack on Octarius lost. Deal with it.

>> No.53910318

>>53910282
Nope, it stalemated the Blood Crusade long enough for the Warp to draw back the Crusade and relocate them. Nobody lost or won.

>> No.53910335

>>53910318
Continued...just thought about it.

>Nobody lost or won.

Actually, Khorne did win since the bloodshed of whatever side will only fuel his power.

>> No.53910344

>>53910185
>b-but it took both the Nids and the Orks present on world to fight off a crusade that had effortlessly plowed through everything else before it
>n-never mind that Khorne was being a WAAC faggot and sent all of his greatest champions there
>n-no his 2 greatest huntsmen, karanak and kbantha, didn't fail to kill either swarmlord or Ghaz, they just were assigned to hunt down no names
>n-no this wasn't only one of 2 times Khornes crusade was ever halted

>> No.53910345

>>53908077
That is as close of a win that 'nids will ever get.

>> No.53910360

>>53910318
>being this much in denial
that's like saying anyone who ever beat back chaos didn't really win because the daemons just went back to the warp.

>> No.53910375

>>53910344
I'm not the one arguing that there wasn't a stalemate. There was.
NPC races certainly didn't win.

>> No.53910399

>>53908792
>Whenever Chaos is not fighting, all the other factions should be asking "Where's Chaos?"

>> No.53910413

>>53910360
The cases of daemonic incursions, daemons are banished back to the Warp by magics or brute force where they are locked in the Warp for a 1000 years.

In this case, the daemons of Khorne ran out of time and were relocated by the Warp into another battlefield. The daemon army wasn't banished or defeated. It's still at large in the galaxy and going to smash into Armageddon.

>> No.53910472

>>53910335
Well by that logic, the Orks also won because they got a great scrap out of it, and the tyranids also won because they devoured the bodies of any beastmen or cultists they killed.


Or you could say the Khorne forces lost because they were sent with the intent to claim the skulls of Ghaz and swarmlord for the skull throne so that Khorne could have the glory of ending the threat of 2 xenos species that could actually ruin chaos' plans if left unchecked. And they failed completely at this task.

>> No.53910515

>>53910472
>they devoured the bodies of any beastmen or cultists they killed.

No, Tyranids do not devour tainted biomass. Refer to Shadowbrink.

>Or you could say the Khorne forces lost because they were sent with the intent to claim the skulls of Ghaz and swarmlord for the skull throne so that Khorne could have the glory of ending the threat of 2 xenos species that could actually ruin chaos' plans if left unchecked. And they failed completely at this task.

Do not headcanon. The text doesn't say anything about the Blood Crusade coming specifically for Ghaz and Swarmypants. There is no proof that this battle is any different from the 999 random battle locations that the Warp deposited the Blood Crusade at.

>> No.53910550

>>53908853
>most of the time
there is the key word

>> No.53910568

>>53910185
>So what if it took the Orks and Nid combined strength to merely match the Crusade's onslaught!
>implying the largest Hive Fleet and the biggest Ork Waaagh! in 9,000 years with the best Ork teknology couldn't have taken Khorne's boys on their own

>>53910413
>It's still at large in the galaxy and going to smash into Armageddon.
>Not realizing the Blood Crusade already hit Armageddon prior to the actual Rift War breaking out
Seriously, there's a REASON Tzeentch's guys showed up and were fighting for supremacy with Khorne's boys on Armageddon.

>>53910515
>Do not headcanon
>headcanon
You mean like Chaos players claiming that Khorne guys failing to sacrifice countless skulls to Khorne somehow counts as a stalemate?

>> No.53910602

>>53910568
>>implying the largest Hive Fleet and the biggest Ork Waaagh! in 9,000 years with the best Ork teknology couldn't have taken Khorne's boys on their own

They couldn't.
Combined they only matched them.
Individually they would have merely been slaughtered.

>> No.53910643

>>53910602
>Combined they only matched them.
>Implying a short term stalemate means khorne would win in the long run

Nids and Orks are both attrition nightmares to go up against, considering banished daemons actually have to fuck off for a while their best hope would be to delete all the orks and nids in one fell swoop, which they where clearly incapable of doing.

>> No.53910660

>>53910568
>You mean like Chaos players claiming that Khorne guys failing to sacrifice countless skulls to Khorne somehow counts as a stalemate?

No, because that's actual canon.
Right in the rulebook if you actually read it.

>> No.53910697

>>53910643
They are not infinite or immortal like daemons, so daemons are better at attrition than either when the warp is raging strong.
And again, they were stalemated only by the combined power of the Orks and Nids.
The Blood Crusade already wiped out entire Hive Fleets, so a big tendril would have been no challenge.

>> No.53910746

>>53910515
>no proof this battle was any different
>sent everyone but Angron there including 2 characters specifically tasked with hunting down mortals who offend Khorne
>was one of only 2 battles Khornes forces didn't win
>both hunters failed to claim their prizes
>not any different

>> No.53910791

>>53910746
>>both hunters failed to claim their prizes

Says who?

>> No.53910817

>>53910697
>They are not infinite or immortal like daemons
>Swarmy is literally immortal
>tyranids are literally infinite as long as you dont completely whipe them out in one fell swoop
>orks are the most numerous race in the galaxy and they're all heading to octarius, not to mention they have their own eco system.
yeah nah, unless chaos deleted them all in one go they will lose a battle of attrition.

>> No.53910832

>>53910791
>t-they just took some no named warboss and hive tyrant skulls!
>t-totally succeeded guys
Khorne would not be amused.

>> No.53910836

>>53910791
Says the fact that Ghaz is obviously not dead and if the swarmlord died the stalemate would have been broken and this never happened, so it's safe to assume karanak and kbantha either both failed to kill their prey, or Khorne was too much of a bitch to risk losing them so he sent them after lesser no name champions

>> No.53910877

>>53910817
>>Swarmy is literally immortal

He's not.

>>tyranids are literally infinite

They're not.

>yeah nah, unless chaos deleted them all in one go they will lose a battle of attrition.

No they won't. You can't beat immortals at attritional warfare.

>>53910832
>Khorne would not be amused.

Yes he would. Khorne doesn't send his hounds only against the strongest.
>>53910836
>Says the fact that Ghaz is obviously not dead and if the swarmlord died

Where is your proof that Ghaz and Swarmlord were the targets?

>> No.53910921

>>53910602
>They couldn't.
>Combined they only matched them
>This is what Chaosfags actually believe
The only reason the greenskins and Orks count as 'combined' is because they were on the same planet and happened to target a new threat at the same time. You know it

>>53910660
>Right in the rulebook if you actually read it.
Oh, you mean the one sitting in front of me right now? The one that says the combined might of Ghazghkull's greenskins and Leviathans hordes fought the Blood Crusade to a, quote, 'standstill on Octarius before Daemons left via a warp storm'? Last I checked a "standstill" is not the same thing as a 'stalemate'.

>>53910791
>Says who?
Considering the 'prizes' are likely Thraka (who's protected by a shit-ton of plot armor) and Swarmy (who just respawns every time he gets killed), and the Blood Crusade left with neither one in their clutches (or else the book would have mentioned such a game-changing event... at least in the Orks case), yes, both hunters did fail.

>>53910877
>Where is your proof that Ghaz and Swarmlord were the targets?
How about 'cutting the head off the snake to kill the body' or tactics fucking 101?

Seriously, Ghazzy is the leader of Da Great WAAAAGH!, it's only logical that he'd be one of the targets. Just how in denial are you?

>> No.53910932

>>53910118
Read the fluff dude, the daemons were there long enough for a shit ton of Beast men, cultists and chaos marines to show up and join the fight. It also says only the daemons were swept away by the warp storms so everyone else either had to fight their way out or were slaughtered by Orks and Nids. This wasn't a mere hours long raid

>> No.53910940

>>53910877
>He's not.
He literally is like every single other hive tyrant, he can just download into a new body.
Saying he isn't immortal is like saying Lucious the eternal isn't immortal

>You can't beat immortals at attritional warfare.
>Kill a daemon
he has to wait a long ass time before he can come back and even then he must be resummoned or atleast have enough warp energy present.
>kill a nid
10 takes it place because nids are perpetual motion machines who only require biomass

>> No.53910949

you know, sometimes I would like to think that somewhere khornefags, nidfags and orkfags would enjoy the idea of having more canon encounters and revel in the various scenes of the threeway carnage instead of arguing about things like the victor or the end of the conflict anyway.

you know, being sportive instead of competitive.

>> No.53910973

>>53910949
Chaosfags are the problem because they absolutely cant handle not being the center of attention.

>> No.53911002

>>53910949
>implying Gork n' Mork didn't invite Khorne to send his Blood Crusade to Octarius for more killy fun, but Khorne had to leave early because Tzeentch a shit and he had to go fight the other Chaos Gods instead.

>> No.53911010

>>53910921
>Last I checked a "standstill" is not the same thing as a 'stalemate'.

It's the same thing. The words are synonymous in this context.

>Considering the 'prizes' are likely Thraka (who's protected by a shit-ton of plot armor) and Swarmy

No, fuck you asshole. I don't want your suppositions. I want to know what authority said that Ghaz and Swarmy were the targets of the hunt?

>>53910940
>He literally is like every single other hive tyrant, he can just download into a new body.
>Saying he isn't immortal is like saying Lucious the eternal isn't immortal

He's not immortal because if the Tyranids were wiped out he'd be dead. He's simply hard to kill permanently.

>he has to wait a long ass time before he can come back and even then he must be resummoned or atleast have enough warp energy present.

No, there's a difference between being killed and being banished. Even banishment is no sure mechanisim because of the way time doesn't work in the warp.

>> No.53911039

>>53910949
This is a board where people sperg out if you like fluff that's 10 years old, or sperg out if you like fluff that's one day old.
Forget the power of rule 14, normies, and agreeing to disagree. Forget the promise of compromise and understanding, for there is no peace amongst the board, only an eternity of spergouts and bait posts and the laughter of thirsting shitposters.

>> No.53911052

>>53902540
>Daemons left via warp storm
Just how bad did Kharne and his world eaters shit their collective pants when this happened?

>> No.53911105

>>53911010
>He's not immortal because if the Tyranids were wiped out he'd be dead. He's simply hard to kill permanently.
That's like saying Luscious isn't immortal because Slaanesh could be killed.

>No, there's a difference
you've literraly resorted to school yard "nu uh! because I'm infinitely immortal and can never die because I say so"
Daemons lose in fluff constantly, deal with it

The fact that you're so dillusional as to argue that the tyranid race could be killed off makes it pretty obvious that you're a retarded chaos fanboy.

>> No.53911119

>>53910973
>Chaosfags
it's just carnac.

THESE FUCKING DISCUSSIONS ARE ALWAYS JUST CARNAC!

I refuse to believe there exist other chaosfags like him, they look like edgier marinefags every other time.

>> No.53911121

>>53911052
>Just how bad did Kharne and his world eaters shit their collective pants when this happened?
It's not mentioned in the rulebook, but considering they were now surrounded by Orks and Nids who were still in the middle of their 100 year meatgrinder bonanza even as the Blood Crusade attacked them both, and now they no longer had daemons to cover their asses...

Full-blown SQUAD BROKEN.

>> No.53911146

>>53902540
>the Daemons left via warp storm.

"KHARN GET THE FUCK BACK IN THERE"
>[MALIGNANT HOWLING]
"WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN THEY TEAMED UP ON YOU WHERES THE WORLD EATERS"
>[EXASPERATED HOWLING]
"AH FUCK ARE THEY STILL PULLING THAT ONE OUT OF HIS BROTHERS ASS?"
>[CONFIRMATORY HOWLING]
"AT LEAST THAT EXPLAINS WHY DOOM BREED WON'T SHUT UP WITH HIS GIGGLING."

>> No.53911168

>>53911105
>That's like saying Luscious isn't immortal because Slaanesh could be killed.

Slaanesh is eternal.

>you've literraly resorted to school yard "nu uh!

No, I've just told you the fluff. There is a difference between merely being defeated and being banished.

>Daemons lose in fluff

I have never said otherwise, but they did not lose in this particular piece you stupid mongoloid.

>The fact that you're so dillusional as to argue that the tyranid race could be killed off

How could they not be? They could be driven to extinction just like any other mortal race.

>> No.53911170

ITT:
>Intentionally vague wording by GW pits the players of the 3 most aggressive factions in the game against each other.

Sneekier den Mork, dat.

>> No.53911197

>>53911170
>Easily understandable language is "vague" for retarded NPC-lovers

>> No.53911200

>>53911170
>More like players of the 2 most aggressive factions and a retarded chaosfag/carnac
But yes, the rage here is amusing.

>> No.53911211

>>53911119
>I refuse to believe there exist other chaosfags like him
There are. Market oversaturation of Carnacposts has just rendered him the poster child of autistic and/or shitposting chaos posters.

>> No.53911219

>>53911010
>n-no one said the 2 most important characters and threats to Khornes dominance in that battle were the targets
>Khorne sent a coalition of his greatest champions and best troops to hunt down no-name war bosses and random hive tyrants

So Khorne either failed to take out his 2 targets, or was too scared to send his greatest champions after them so settled for no names. Either way it's embarrassing for khornefags

>> No.53911231

>>53911146
....Okay. I've got to know. What the hell got rammed up the poor battle brother's ass?

>> No.53911268

>>53911168
>They could be driven to extinction just like any other mortal race.
Considering the size of the tyranids race, not to mention that they're coming from another galaxy the chance of this happening is about the same as either the necrons or the tyranids permanently shutting off the warp with either tech or massed shadow in the warp.

>> No.53911271

>>53911231
Gotta be Trukk Brigade or an Errant Bio-Titan charge. They'll figure it out once they dig the battle brother out and get his story.

>> No.53911295

>>53910949
>tfw old /tg/ would have greentexted silly headcanons of the various forces being so confused in the meatgrinder that they forget why they were fighting or who they were fighting
>no drawfag to depict the threeway between kharnboyz goffexes and hybrid nobzerkers

>> No.53911314

>>53911219
>So Khorne either failed to take out his 2 targets, or was too scared to send his greatest champions after them so settled for no names.

No. More baseless supposition. No doubt many Khorne daemons would have loved to take their skulls, but Daemon Dog insults those who have pissed Khorne off. That could just as easily be a sassy Grot as Ghaz or the Swarmlord.

>>53911268
>Considering the size of the tyranids race,

No, you needn't consider anything but the fact the Tyranids could be rendered extinct. Doesn't matter by what. They could all die, and if the that happens then Swarmlord isn't coming back. He's no more immortal than a Haemonculus or a Necron.

>> No.53911332

>>53911314
>No, you needn't consider anything
Chaosfags everybody

The warp can be turned off by necrons, so by your logic none of the gods are eternal because the necrons could potentially just shut the warp off.

>> No.53911369

>>53911332
>the necrons could potentially just shut the warp off.

No they couldn't.
They could place a barrier that stopped them from entering the galaxy directly from the warp, but that's not even close to "turning the warp off."

>> No.53911388

>>53911314
>fucker doesn't know about convergent evolution or the possibility of the hive mind getting in contact with itself from another universe through the warp

>RULES OF NATURE.webm

>> No.53911429

>>53911314
>>53911168
>>53911010
>>53910877
>>53910697
>>53910602
>>53910515
>>53910413
>>53910318
>this much damage control over the fact that the Blood Crusade stuck its nose into a bug-and-fungi meatgrinder and got its ass handed to it so badly it had to leave
Geez chaosfags are a fragile bunch. You guys really can't handle the idea of losing, can you?

>> No.53911461

>>53911429
>got its ass handed to it

Nope. Stalemate with against the combined power of the Nids and Orks.

>You guys really can't handle the idea of losing, can you?

Easily, but I can't accept lies. Chaos didn't lose here, like it did on Terra, it was a stalemate.

>> No.53911482

>>53911429
You are just throwing shit around with no proof or anything.

>> No.53911557

>>53911314
>khornefags would rather believe Khorne called the crusade to go after sassy grotz that offended him rather than to claim the skulls of the 2 greatest champions of those races

The lengths chaosfags go to make everything look like a win, everyone

>> No.53911571

>>53911461
>Stalemate
As someone else pointed out, a 'standstill' is not necessarily a stalemate. The Blood Crusade was brought a halt after bashing their way all over the galaxy.

Then the daemons left via Warp Storm.
Which means guys like the World Eaters, Bloodgors, and non-Daemon members of the Blood Crusade had to fight their way out of the Orks and Nids.

If you think they didn't take losses during that kind of retreat, you're delusional.

That's called a loss anon. Deal with it.

>> No.53911600

>>53911557
The only one going to lengths to say things that aren't in the text is you, anon.

The Blood Crusade was launched to reap as much blood and skulls as possible. It wasn't launched for Ghaz or Swarmer. Coincidence had the Blood Crusade pop up temporarily above Ocatrais.

>> No.53911614

>>53911388
>hive mind getting in contact with itself from another universe through the warp
This is a legit eldritch spoop you have there, m8.

>> No.53911632

>>53911600
you're worse than abaddon appologists

>> No.53911638

>>53911557
>The lengths

It's no length though, it's how it works. He doesn't send the hounds after the strongest people, he sends them after people who pissed him off.

>>53911571
>As someone else pointed out, a 'standstill' is not necessarily a stalemate.

Standstill is synonymous with stalemate in the context of a battle.

>Which means guys like the World Eaters, Bloodgors, and non-Daemon members of the Blood Crusade had to fight their way out

No one said they actually left though.

>That's called a loss anon.

No, it's a stalemate.

>> No.53911666

>>53911632
At least he's better than shit, unlike you.

>> No.53911674

>>53911571
>Which means guys like the World Eaters, Bloodgors, and non-Daemon members of the Blood Crusade had to fight their way out of the Orks and Nids.

No, they would have been dragged by the Warp as well. The text says the entire Slaughterhost was gone. I mean we have instances where CSM get spirited by the Warp like the time Abaddon was dragged into the Warp during his duel with Eldrad.

Again, baseless assumption with no PROOF. It's a stalemate and the Blood Crusade continued on like nothing happened. Blood and skulls were reaped, Khorne remains pleased.

>> No.53911681

>>53911600
>The Blood Crusade was launched to reap as much blood and skulls as possible.
if that was the intention why did the khornate leave the field when there was still plenty of blood and skulls to claim?

>> No.53911699

>>53911681
Rift War.

>> No.53911710

>>53911666

>> No.53911722

>>53911681
The Rift War was more important. Nurgle cannot be allowed to gain supremacy.

The Chaos Gods sent their greatest champs and armies there to win it.

>> No.53911732

>>53911710
>m-my reddit memes will exonerate me!

>> No.53911747

>>53911600
>Coincidence had the Blood Crusade pop up temporarily above Ocatrais.
>the Blood Crusade that showed up at Octarius had Kharn, Skarbrand, FUCKING DOOMBREED, and Khorne's hunter Karanak
>COMPLETE COINCIDENCE

Keep telling yourself that anon. We all know you're just pissy Khorne's boys got stung by bugs and choked on their vegetables.

>>53911674
>he text says the entire Slaughterhost was gone
I'm looking at the text right now you liar. It clearly states "the daemons left". Unless the non-daemons (World Eaters especially) are considered 'daemons' now, they got left behind and had to fight their way off-world.

The amount of damage control in this thread is frankly disgusting.

>> No.53911757

>>53909381
>>53911699
this pitiful thing here that can be deus ex machina'd via dimplomacy?

>> No.53911778

>>53911757
What do you mean?

>> No.53911821

>>53911674
Actually the text specifically says the daemons left via warp storm, nothing about everyone else. It also says the mortals are drawn to the blood crusade, they don't suddenly become daemonkc and get to materialize wherever. Their fleets can travel through the warp storms but they still have to actually get there. Once the daemons left, the mortals likely had to fight their way out or they died.

>> No.53911842

>>53911821
>Once the daemons left, the mortals likely had to fight their way out or they died.

They're probably still there, massacring NPCs.

>> No.53911955

>>53911842
No they probably shat their pants and got completely surrounded now that over half of their force and all of their greatest champions just left suddenly.

>> No.53911998

>>53911842
>They're probably still there, massacring NPCs.
If they didn't GTFO ASAP they're dead, this is the one meatgrinder you dont want to get stuck in.

>> No.53912035

>>53911955
>No they probably shat their pants

From NPCs? I doubt it.

>>53911998
>If they didn't GTFO ASAP they're dead

Says you. A legion was there. Pretty sure they could weather some Orks and Bugs.

>> No.53912076

>>53912035
>being this much in denial

Blood angels and all their succesor chapters got BTFO by nids alone and had to be saved by deus ex machine daemons.

those daemons literally just abandoned them and they're also facing the biggest Waagh.

>> No.53912138

>>53912035
You don't get it, do you? If your army was having a hard time with the enemy when the better half of it and all the top leaders were still there, what the fuck makes you think they'll stand a chance after? Sure warbands of space marines might hold out but even they'll slowly be ground down. This is a century long meat grinder, cut off and outnumbered, they'll all be slaughtered eventually. This is not a war they want to be stuck in

>> No.53912192

>>53912076
Some successors are not a Legion.

>>53912138
>what the fuck makes you think they'll stand a chance after?

Orks and Tyranids will resume fighting. Thus it is no longer 1v2 but 1v1v1.

>> No.53912220

>>53912192
>Some successors are not a Legion.
GW said it was every single Blood Angel successor except for the Lamenters. There's a reason why the Blood Angelsfags were so pissy about having to have not one, but two deus ex machinas bail them out.

>> No.53912236

>>53912192
>Some successors are not a Legion.
Literally All their succesor chapters except the lamenters showed up, even the ones who'd been excumicated.
They also had you know, all the damn space ships, imperial guard and freaking necrons backing them up.

>> No.53912241

>>53912220
Lamenters and one other Chapter that Dante hates didn't come.

>> No.53912270

>>53912220
>GW said it was every single Blood Angel successor

So? It's still not a Legion.
The Blood Angels were a dying breed on account of the Black Rage. All their successors doesn't mean a lot, or even that all were there in full.

>> No.53912273

>>53912192
>Orks and Tyranids will resume fighting. Thus it is no longer 1v2 but 1v1v1.
yeah fighting a war of attrition, which is a fight space marines literally cannot win, everytime they've won against nids or orks is when they've made tactical strikes, the fact that neither swarmy or Thraka are dead are pretty evident they couldn't pull that off.

They will be slowly but surely ground to paste because they cannot easily replenish their numbers.

>> No.53912288

>>53912236
>freaking necrons backing them up.

No Necrons were involved.

And it was versus the majority of Leviathan. The Leviathan in Ocatarius are just a smaller element of the Hive Fleet.

>> No.53912306

>>53912241
Nope, 8e rulebook says only the Lamenters didn't come. Shame the Ultramarines couldn't get there earlier, their chapter and fleet support alone destroyed an entire hive fleet.
If the Blood Angels had been of the blood line of Guilliman, a singular hive fleet tendril would have been annihilated long before the warp storm arrived.

>> No.53912320

>>53912273
>everytime they've won against nids or orks is when they've made tactical strikes

Nope. Ultramarines wiped out about half of Kraken at Ichar IV. All of Behemoth at Macragge.

Ork WAAAGHs are obviously routinely repelled by Marines.

>> No.53912348

>>53912320
>Nope. Ultramarines wiped out about half of Kraken at Ichar IV. All of Behemoth at Macragge.

Behemoth was a drop in the ocean compared to Leviathan and Kraken splintered into a million tiny pieces.

>> No.53912349

>>53912306
The Dante novel says that Dante refused the aid of "whattheirname" chapter and if they came to help he will do something they will all regret.

>> No.53912355

>>53912320
I can't believe someone is this much in denial. It's truly amazing to see someone so deluded.

>> No.53912361

>>53912192
Blood angels and every one of their successor chapters besides the lamenters showed up and were lead in a highly coordinated defense by the oldest space marine chapter master in the imperium. The world eaters are dumb bezerkers who charge straight into the wall of dakka or into gaunt swarms to be pulled down because they lack the coordination to pull off effective anti tyranid or ork tactics. They just brute force it and hope for the best, and no matter how many Orks and tyranids they kill, they'll eventually lose because of the millions upon millions of daily reinforcements. They're also up against veteran Orks and tyranids who have been feasting on ork biomass for decades. They were already rumored to be growing larger as result of the Octarius war. They don't have nearly the close quarter advantage they do over other forces.

>> No.53912390

>>53912349
Well the 8e book says different. So I guess we either we agree to disagree, or we go the autistic route of my 1 day old fluff trumping your 1 day and 2 hour old fluff.

>> No.53912415

>>53912348
>Behemoth was a drop in the ocean compared to Leviathan

It was a fully fledged Hive fleet rather than a tendril.

>Kraken splintered into a million tiny pieces

It got sent packing by a few companies.

>>53912355
Nice no point faggot.

>> No.53912424

>>53912306
>their chapter and fleet support alone destroyed an entire hive fleet.
Actually the hive fleet was deleted by Ka'bandha's massive crush on the blood angels. The ultrasmurfs just showed up after the warp was done shitting itself and mopped up the surface nids, the moon having been cleared by khorne daemons.

>> No.53912438

>>53912288
>majority of leviathan
No it fucking wasn't, it was just one tendril pretty far away from most of the other tendrils of leviathan coming into the galaxy. It was nowhere near the majority of their forces

>> No.53912456

>>53912424
He was referring to Behemoth you realize. That's why he made the mocking barb of the Blood Angels and their successors being able to destroy the tendril before the warp storm if they had been Ultramarines.

>> No.53912458

>>53912438
Actually, the Index says otherwise. It's destruction spelt the End of Leviathan.

>> No.53912471

>>53912415
>It was a fully fledged Hive fleet rather than a tendril.
And Leviathan is significantly larger than Behemoth

>> No.53912487

>>53912471
Sure, but Behemoth was a singular Hivefleet, not a tendril.

>> No.53912531

>>53912471
With the main tendrils in the galactic south. Face it bub, the Blood Angels suck so much ass that they and all their successors couldn't achieve something the Ultramarines could have probably done alone; and needed to get bailed out by not one, but two asspulls, to survive it.

Frankly if I was a blood angel player I'd be repainting my minis right now. Even being a dead 1st Founding chapter is less embarrassing than that. At least the Imperial Fists got blindsided by Super Orkz.

>> No.53912547

>>53912458
Post fluff please? I only have the main rulebook and it still has leviathan at large but also being nommed by hydra. Also leviathan clearly isn't gone as they're still at Octarius kicking ass

>> No.53912595

>>53912458
Well I'll be damned, they did retcon Leviathan across the galaxy. Well, that's better for Blood Angels at least.

>> No.53912634

>>53912415
I have no point to make to someone so deluded that ten other people telling them what and how it is will just say "NO BUT CHAOS SPACE MARINES GUYS" rather than admit his faction arnt the magical mary sues.

>> No.53912673

>>53912634
>I have no point to make to

You have no point at all.
Neck yourself.

>> No.53912683

>>53902540
So when are Ghazghkull and the Swarmlord going to fight? I would imagine never as they have become bros for life after cucking Khorne so badly.

>> No.53912707

>>53912035
>Says you. A legion was there. Pretty sure they could weather some Orks and Bugs.
A legion of berserkers is pretty much the worst matchup imaginable against the biggest tyranid/ork attrition war in history.
They are surrounded by infinite amounts of things that are more killy than them in close combat.

>> No.53912738

>>53912673
Wow. Impressive rebuttal, really got me there. I have no idea how I'd respond to a post so well thought out and full of excellent points. I never expected this from a chaos fag who's so asshurt his faction cant win against billions of orks and tyranids.

>> No.53912742

>>53912683
>yfw they bring back the old fluff where orks and tyranids sometimes had their waagh gestalt consciousness and hive mind sync up into a terrifying unified force of destruction.
>yfw they bring back the fact that squigs are a tyranids creature.

>> No.53912750

>>53912707
>They are surrounded by infinite amounts of things that are more killy than them in close combat.

So NPCfags like to imagine.

>> No.53912757

>>53912707
You were going good until you said that individual Orkz and Nids were more killy than individual Beserkers. Unless you were referring specifically to hive tyrants and biotitans, and warbosses, but since you said "infinite amounts" I highly doubt it.

>> No.53912770

>>53908844
by an attacker. Also known as a failed attack. Or a successful defense.

>> No.53912781

>>53912757
Genestealer > Berserker
dont need to break out hive tyrants to beat individual 'serkers you diluded fuck.

>> No.53912800

>>53912738
>Wow. Impressive rebuttal

Can't rebut no point.
It was a command.
If you can follow it I'll be very impressed.

>> No.53912816

>>53912757
>you said "infinite amounts" I highly doubt it.
If the orks and tyranids have managed to keep the war going for a hundred years, they have infinite troops because these are not two factions who just sit in trenches and wait for months on ends, these are two forces constantly, daily, hourly, second to second clashing constantly and killing each other.
Anyone who can keep that attrition rate up for a hundred years might as well have infinite troops and definitely several times more than what is needed to destroy a bunch of literal brain dead berserkers charging them instead of trying to nuke the site from orbit.

>> No.53912819

>>53912770
No, the attack had no objective besides killing. That obviously occurred.

>> No.53912848

>>53912781
>diluded
Might want to get off the computer buddy. If you're getting so mad you can't spell, it might be time to stop. Your blood pressure will thank you.

>> No.53912889

>>53912547
Just a second.

>> No.53912912

>>53912848
>attacking peoples grammar
nice argument

>> No.53912947

>>53912547
>LEVIATHAN’S FALL

>Hive Fleet Leviathan was the greatest Tyranid threat that the Imperium of Man had ever encountered, a gathering of bio-ships so vast that even the attempts of the noble Blood Angels and all their successor Chapters could not halt its advance. Having consumed the biomass of Human, Ork and Aeldari alike during its relentless advance across the galaxy, the largest tendril of Hive Fleet Leviathan was at the very height of its power, able to form new strategies and tactical counters at an exponential rate. Upon the Blood Angels’ home world of Baal, Commander Dante devised a series of formidable defensive fortifications and awaited Leviathan’s arrival. When the hive fleet’s shadow finally fell upon Baal and her twin moons, bloody battle was joined.

>> No.53912968

>>53912947
>>The first nineteen waves of Tyranid warrior-organisms, each larger than the last, were driven off at great loss to the Blood Angels and their successor allies. Five Chapter Masters fell in that storm of bloodshed, and inch by inch the Space Marines were forced back to their fortress monastery, where they prepared to make a defiant last stand. It was at that moment, when all seemed lost, that the Cicatrix Maledictum – the Great Rift – tore open in the fabric of reality, and a foul aetheric wind swept forth, blasting its way across the war-torn Baal System. Eventually the skies cleared and the stars shone once more, and where Hive Fleet Leviathan had once orbited Baal and its moons, now an Imperial fleet was in its place. The reawakened Primarch of the Ultramarines, Roboute Guilliman, led a vengeful assault upon the disorganised remnants of the Tyranid swarms, and Baal was quickly scoured of the xenos taint. Exactly what became of Leviathan remains a mystery, though upon the now barren and lifeless moon of Baal Prime a clue was found – millions upon millions of xenos skulls, piled high in the eight-pillared symbol of the Bloodthirster Ka’Bandha, ancient nemesis of the Blood Angels.

>> No.53912984

>>53912819
>the endless legions of khorne descend on planet PL omega T
>as the bloodthirsty warriors complete their planetfall the first of their kind returns from the vanguard expedition
>1 death has been confirmed among the local wildlife
>the ravening horde celebrates to the sky as they unilaterally agree upon the success of their holy mission to kill
>the warp maw opens once again just in time to sail for another destination

>> No.53912987

>>53912968
>Leviathan’s defeat came at great cost, and even then the hive fleet still has many smaller tendrils coiling through the galaxy. Worse, this defeat has merely slowed the threat posed by the Tyranids, not defeated it. With every passing year reports of new incursions arrive, as new hive fleets thrust their tendrils out of the void. Hive Fleet Hydra skirts the galactic rim, biding its time as it gathers up the scattered splinter fleets of previous invasions. Scylla and Charybdis carve parallel paths through Segmentums Pacificus and Solar, far too close to the Imperium’s heartlands, while Hive Fleet Jormungandr cuts its way down from the northern edge of the galaxy. Yet the fear is that these are merely the vanguard of a far greater entity, the true form of the Hive Mind simply softening up the galaxy before it makes its presence known.

The Blood Angels ended Leviathan.

>> No.53913005

>>53912800
>>53912848
People like you really give chaosfags a bad name.

>> No.53913027

>>53913005
>Still has no point
>Won't neck himself
>Keeps posting

You give dogshit a bad name.

>> No.53913052

>>53912947
>>53912968
>>53912984
>>53912987
Are people really paid to write this stuff?
Do people actually PAY to read this stuff?

>> No.53913079

>>53913052
>Bugfag cries into his hipster beard

>> No.53913118

>>53913079
>bugfag

who the fuck is bugfag?

>> No.53913167

>>53912742
Wait what? Which old fluff? Where could i find it, cause that is awesome.

>> No.53913203

>>53913167
the squig part is like 2nd/1st edition fluff, I think them cyncing up was in 3rd or 4th.
People usually cite the fluff as hints that tyranids where also old one creations like the orks and eldar.

>> No.53913224

>>53913167
He's making it up.
Old fluff had Tyranids making Squigs from Ork DNA, Orks recognising Squigs as Orky and then keeping them as pets.

>> No.53913249

>>53912987
>The Blood Angels ended Leviathan.

>leviathan is a giant hive fleet
>hive fleet is formed by numerous giant tendrils
>one of them gets to grow larger than the others but disappears
>the other comparatively smaller tendrils are still around

>leviathan is kill guys

carnac's reading comprehension is impressive, guys, you weren't joking.

>> No.53913317

>>53913249
Even the Hivemind has sent Hydra to mop Leviathan up.
It's over.

>> No.53913346

the tyranid have never fought someone like the orcs. I seem yo recall reading that that psychic abilities of the orcs are litteraly strong enough to bypass the tyranids ability to block out psychic.

>> No.53913428

>>53913346
>strong enough to bypass the tyranids ability to block out psychic.
everyone does that constantly anyway, the only real use shadow of the warp ever had was shutting off astropath communication and fucking with navigators.

>> No.53913451

>>53913249
Dude, are you an idiot? Behemoth was ended in Maccrage and yet small tendrils of it exist. Kraken was ended at Ichar yet small tendrils of it exist.

And it's the same case with Leviathan and Baal. Leviathan ended as a major Hive Fleet. It's back is forever broken. A new Hive Fleet will take place as the THE Hive Fleet threatening the galaxy the way Leviathan took over after Kraken.

This is Leviathan's Fall by the hands of the Sons of the Angel.. RIP.

>> No.53913468

>>53908853
>W-we didn't actually want to fight!
>We are just pretending to be retarded!
>I-it's not like we want to win or anything!
Chaos, everyone.

>> No.53913581

>>53913451
Kraken wasn't ended at Ichar IV, it was ended at Ichar IV AND Iyanden. If it had succeeded at just one of those it was stated it still would have ended the galaxy.

Leviathan is significantly bigger than Kraken was, so far it's been ended at Tarsis Ultra, Valedor, and now Baal, but there's still one of the biggest tendrils in Octarius going strong against the Orks. Until that one dies, Leviathan isn't dead.

That said, it's pretty clear GW wants to finally move the spotlight to a better Hive Fleet because Leviathan has been hogging it since 4th edition, so the Octarius tendril is going to get sidelined and they're gonna move focus to a bigger, badder, scarier one.

>> No.53913838

>>53913451
>Its back is forever broken
behemoth got broken because it attacked in almost a single tendril
kraken got broken because both of its main attacking tendrils were fought off at the same time
tell me which one of the tendrils of leviathan last depicted on a galaxy map was destroyed or where the fluff says that all those tendrils combined into the one attacking baal or that the destroyed tendril was the backbone of the fleet and not a "first among equals" kind of largest tendril where numerous others still exist

>> No.53913892

>>53913428
>the only real use shadow of the warp ever had was shutting off astropath communication and fucking with navigators.
but people communicate and travel to systems within a shadow all the time

>> No.53913964

>>53913581
>it's pretty clear GW wants to finally move the spotlight to a better Hive Fleet because Leviathan has been hogging it since 4th edition

Are we in for a return of behemoth kind of deal or a primanids fleet entering the galaxy?

>> No.53914056

>>53913838
>>53913581
The fluff says Leviathan's fall and it says Leviathan WAS the greatest threat of the Tyranids. WAS.

Dude, it over for Leviathan as a major fleet.

>> No.53914072

>>53913892
>but people communicate and travel to systems within a shadow all the time
lets just face it, shadow in the warp gets ignored anytime the writer dislike xenos having nice things.

>> No.53914148

>>53914072
I'm not even sure the writers actually get a complete briefing on what said xenos actually have at their disposal

>> No.53914177

>>53914072
The Shadow is just a boring and pointless plot device.

>> No.53914291

>>53914177
>plot device.
how? The plot is imperium vs chaos, in what way are tyranids a plot device?

>> No.53914321

>>53914291
It's a plot device that turns off communications when they have to fight Tyranids.
It's just lame.

>> No.53914367

>>53909121
>Actually allying with each other, especially in the case of the Nids (even WITH the Swarmlord helping out)? I just can't see it. There's the language barrier for one thing.
we do know there are genstealer cults opperating in the area (the whole conflict started because of them).

though yeah on the wide scale it wouldn't be an alliance.

>> No.53914445

>>53914056
The whole story is described in past tense, it doesn't necessarily mean anything but the point of view at the time

>fall
an evocative title, not a literal one in any form

>it's over
this makes no sense: the leviathan had and still has other tendrils which alone could be equals to the other minor fleets mentioned later in the paragraph, the fleet fighting in the octarius war alone has a doomsday scenario.

>> No.53914497

>>53914177
The shadow is way more an atmosphere toner than a plot device

a shark movie without an appropriate OST loses more than half of its appeal

>> No.53914545

>>53914497
No, it's a plot device.
One that serves no purpose, because either the Nids get beat without back up, which ass apocalypses the Nidfags.
Or back up arrives through the Shadow, which ass apocalypses the Nidfags.

>> No.53914644

>>53914321
Tau and Necron telecoms are not affected by the Shadow. I think it's overrated.

>> No.53914713

>>53914644
Tau and Necrons aren't the main characters.

>> No.53914764

>>53914545
thats like saying their poison clouds are a plot device.
it's a weapon the tyranids use simple as that.

>> No.53914793

>>53914545
>a plot device that serves no purpose
which makes it not a plot device

do you even know what a plot device looks like?

>> No.53914836

>>53914793
It serves a purpose in cutting the heroes off.
Only nobody likes that no matter how it's resolved.

>> No.53914850

>>53912192
>Thus it is no longer 1v2 but 1v1v1.
>implying that it wasn't 1v1v1 to begin with
What part of 'nids do not ally with anyone except genestealer cults' are you not getting here?
The fact the Khorne's guys got double-teamed is because decided to jump into the galaxy's MOST DANGEROUS MEATGRINDER.
The fact they got hit simultaneously by two different armies currently hacking each other to death for over a century is because they jumped right in the middle of the war. In other words, it's the Blood Crusade's own fault.

>> No.53914861

>>53914836
It works fine most of the time. The problem with nid lore isn't inherent to any of the devices in the lore, it's the moderns shit writers whose scribblings aren't fit for Andy Chambers to wipe his ass with.

>> No.53914881

>>53914861
Chambers was a hack.
The modern writers are better.

>> No.53914885

>>53914545
>ass apocalypses
>being this cringewhorty

>> No.53914895

>>53914881
LOL this is what newfags actually believe

>> No.53914918

>>53914850
>>53914850
It says combined. Implying that the Orks and Tyranids worked in tandem.

>> No.53914926

>>53914836
>It serves a purpose in cutting the heroes off.
That's not how a plot device looks like, anon.

>> No.53914932

>>53914895
I've read his oldcron lore and played Starcraft 2.
Chambers should be raped to death with a pineapple.

>> No.53914956

>>53914932
Most of SC2 wasn't him dumbass. He just did the cool background worldbuilding shit, not the garbage Metzen plotline following the main characters.

>> No.53915006

>>53914956
>Most of SC2 wasn't him dumbass.

A convenient excuse.
Chambers isn't good, and if you think he is you're blinded by nostalgia.

>> No.53915007

>>53914918
>It says combined
yes, anon, if you combine the damage suffered from 2 car crashes you get why your brain is unable to understand what words do and do not imply

>> No.53915023

>>53915006
Reread Hive War in current year and compare it to any of the shit fluff being written now, then hang yourself.

>> No.53915039

>>53909121
>There's the language barrier for one thing.
These guys have been fighting each other, every second of every day for a century. By now they're likely so used to each others movements, tactics and combat style that not a single word would need to be uttered between the two.

Also jesus christ imagine the death count by this point, the fact that its gone on this long basically makes it the longest, bloodiest single battle to ever take place on a planet. Orks and nids throwing themselves at each other, not for months or years but for decades!

By now I imagine they've just grown codependant in their slaughter.

>> No.53915050

>>53915023
I'll take anything current over that shit.

>> No.53915089

>>53915050
>newfag has never even read it

>> No.53915142

>>53911295
You are completely right.
Instead we have some shits saying how chaos totes won and some other shits saying nuhuh they didn't.
We need to fix this.

>> No.53915147

>>53914644
Well, Necrons don't use the warp at all, why would it affect them?

>> No.53915173

>>53915089
I just recognise it as inferior.

>> No.53915200

>>53914918
>Implying that the Orks and Tyranids worked in tandem.
That 'implies' no such thing. It merely means the Blood Crusade couldn't handle the combined attacks from both armies, not that the Nids and Orks were working together.

>>53915039
>By now I imagine they've just grown codependant in their slaughter.
I think it's more like this scenario:
>Genestealers and Ork Slugga Boyz fighting each other for decades
>Squad of World Eaters Marine pops up in the middle
>Ork: "Oy! Dats not a jeanstealer!"
>Looks at genestealers on the other side of the no man's land
>Orks: "WEZ GUNNA KILL 'EM FIRST!"
>Genestealers are thinking the exact same thing
>World Eaters get torn apart by Nids and Orks trying to kill the new guy before the other side does (along with proceeding to take their stuff/biomass)

>> No.53915228

>>53915007
It's Carnac, anon. As long as ADB himself doesn't write a BL book that clearly, in easy and simple words states "Khornes daemons and followers got their asses kicked, and Khorne himself thinks of this as a loss" he will never back away from his opinion.

>> No.53915264

>>53915173
*tips fedora*

>> No.53915290

>>53915228
I figured it was Carnac but I didn't want to be the first to say it.

>> No.53915302

>>53915264
*unsheathes katana*

>> No.53915375

I was confused at first by all the "NPC race(s)" comments, thinking about Hrud, Q'orl, or Rak'gol. Then I realized it was an asshole talking about Orks and Tyranids.

>> No.53915386

>>53915228
>>53915200
The Blood Crusade handled both, though. It ended in a stalemate.

>> No.53915402

>>53915147
If crons don't use the warp then how do they use the webway?

>> No.53915426

>>53915402
The C'tan showed them how to build gates that could breach the webway.

>> No.53915433

>>53915402
Through the power of stupid-ass retcons.

>> No.53915447

>>53915375
>I was confused at first by all the "NPC race(s)" comments

How new are you?

>> No.53915448

>>53914445
Not really. Hydra is the new hotness. The remaining tendrils of Leviathan will be mopped by Hydra and that will be the end of it.

Just because some tendrils survived doesn't mean that the defeated Hive Fleet isn't consigned to the dustbin of history like Behemoth and Kraken.

>> No.53915479

>>53915426
And where do the C'Tan powers come from?

>> No.53915492

>>53915479
Devouring souls.

>> No.53915506

>>53915386
>stalemate.
>The combined might of Ghazghkull's greenskins and the tyranid hordes of Hive Fleet Leviathan fought the blood crusade to a standstill
>fought them to a standstill
>and then the daemons fucked off back to the warp
Blood crusade was an unstoppable force that got fucked hard in the ass on only two occasions this being one of them, they where stopped and had to fuck off abandoning their Zerker allies to shit their metal diapers before trying to flee the perpetual meatgrinder.

The orks and nids still have Octarius
get bent chaosfag

>> No.53915518

>>53915402
Necrons had/have no psykers similar to Tau. They invaded the webway to get around the galaxy fast and to deny it to the Old Ones. Daemons cannot corrupt Necrons directly because Necrons lack souls, which is sort of a psychic defense.

>> No.53915543

>>53915506
>Blood crusade was an unstoppable force that got fucked hard in the ass

A draw is not getting fucked in the ass.

>> No.53915544

>>53915386
stalemate is not a standstill
the text pointed to a standstill, which was what orks and nids were already having for a century

in practical terms the blood crusade was insignificant

>> No.53915573

>>53915506
Stalemate = Standstill.

And the Blood Crusade relocated to the Rift War which is a far greater battle between the four armies of Chaos and their greatest champions.

And it doesn't say they had to as in being forced by the Orks and Tyranids to leave. Its just that their time was up.

You get bent. This not a victory for the Orks and Nids. If Khorne wanted the planet, then he would have allowed his warriors and daemons to stay and continue the fight.

>> No.53915578

>>53915448
it does when the "smaller tendrils" are huge shit like the octarius fleet

>> No.53915590

>>53915386
>stalemate.
>LITERALLY SAYS in the OP: "to a standstill before the daemons left via warp storm"

That ain't a fucking stalemate, that's the rest of the Blood Crusade being abandoned by the daemons (granted, Khorne dragged them off to go pimp-slap Nurgle and the other two Chaos gits around), essentially leaving them to fight their own way out of a galactic meatgrinder.

Best case scenario: all the non-daemons manages to claw their way out of there with light casualties.

Worst case: Everybody who isn't Kharn and the World Eaters ends up either Nid food or skulls for the Orks pointy sticks (a fitting end when you think about it). World Eaters manage to survive but the Legion took significant losses.

This was not a draw or a stalemate. It was a straight-up exercise in stupidity and a loss by the Khorne's followers.

There's really no other way to slice this.

>> No.53915603

>>53915544
Except the Orks and Nids combined their strength to fight the daemons. So that was significant even for the numberless Nids and Orks.

>> No.53915621

>>53915590
A standstill is synonymous with a stalemate in terms of battle. Unless you happen to think that everyone literally just stopped fighting in order to standstill.

>> No.53915637

>>53915543
>bringing out all your biggest named characters except for like Angron
>cant even kill Ghazzy or Swarmy the eternal jobber
>have to leave Kharne and the world eater legion behind to fend for themselves
>Fail to have absolutely any impact on the war at all
Khorne got BTFO faggot and no one would take the world eaters seriously again if they ever found out about them having to run away like pussies once their daemon backup left out of frustration.
>b-but muh legion
Will loose any ground war with a nid and ork army that has enough manpower to keep a perpetual war going for 100 years, they are literally nothing more than snacks if they dont flee.

>> No.53915638

>>53915447
Been here a couple weeks and didn't get the insult, because to me Orks are arguably the most interesting race. Tyranids are got interesting models and fluff too. Honestly Chaos is boring, what with the nonsensical motivations that allow little to no character building.

>> No.53915639

>>53915573
>which is a far greater battle between the four
>implying

>If Khorne wanted the planet, then he would have allowed his warriors and daemons to stay and continue the fight.
except the text already confirms the present forces weren't enough

>> No.53915671

>>53915590
Khorne cares not whence the blood flows. The death of these mortals will please and empower Khorne further adding to his daemonic legions.

And Khorne has no shortage of zerkers and mortal followers so its not really a big loss for him. In the end, they are just as much fodder as the gaunts and Ork Boyz that got sliced up by the Khornates. They will be replaced as the Blood Crusade marched to the next battle.

>> No.53915674

>>53915603
>combined
you keep using that word but you don't seem to understand what it implies

>> No.53915696

>>53915638
It stems from Eternal crusade making tyranids an NPC faction while you could play space marines, chaos and orks. Combined with the last couple of Cruddexes not even allowed nids to win in their own codex and swarmy replacing the avatar of khaine as eternal jobber.

>> No.53915699

>>53915637
>Khorne got BTFO

Nope, it was a stalemate.
For Khorne to have been BTFO he would have to have lost.

>Will loose any ground war

So you say. But Space Marines have handled bigger threats.

>> No.53915724

>>53915671
>Khorne cares not whence the blood flows
He cared enough to withdraw its forces from octarius

what's that? the blood there doesn't taste good enough as the nurglets'?

>> No.53915727

>>53915639
>except the text already confirms the present forces weren't enough

Nope, the daemons left. A standstill can be broken as we have seen many times with the Tyranids gaining the advantage over the Orks time and time again in their conflict.

4 armies of numberless daemons led by the Greater daemonic generals in the Warp in war of attrition > 2 armies of mortals vs a daemon crusade.

>> No.53915731

>>53915674
I think he gets it.

>> No.53915745

>>53915699
>stalemate
standstill

they mean different things, m8

>> No.53915748

>>53915724
Who says he withdrew them? The Blood Crusade usually has a few hours to play around before they relocate.

>> No.53915750

>>53915724
He cares about dominating his brothers.

>> No.53915763

>>53915699
>stalemate.
you keep using this word when the literal wording is standstill. Which means they halted the freaking Blood crusade, an invader getting kicked off the planet is not a stalemate its a loss.

And yeah Zerkers will lose a ground war because they're literally brain dead, murder frenzied meatheads who like to chop shit with chain axes. Anytime space marines manage to win against tyranids its because they do tactical strikes. 'Zerkers get mulched by going into melee against nids and orks.

>> No.53915764

>>53915745
Okay, explain how they differ in this context.
They are synonymous unless you accept the premise that everyone literally just stopped fighting.

>> No.53915778

Things I have learned in this thread:
>If you attack somebody and retreat, the defender doesn't win, it's a stalemate.
>If you aren't winning, have half your guys leave, you'll massacre things now.
>Chaos Cultists might be daemons
>There are more remaining World Eaters than Blood Angels + Successors
>Swarmlord didn't job for once holy fucking shit
>definitions are being argued about

>> No.53915784

>>53915578
>"smaller tendrils" are huge shit like the octarius fleet
Worth noting that Leviathan threw multiple tendrils at the PLANET of Octarius (not the sector as a whole) after Ghaz wiped the floor with the nids in the first wave.

This war has been going on nonstop for a century, meaning Leviathan may have possibly committed more and more tendrils to deal with a single planet and the sector as a whole because the Orks kept killing everything the nids threw at them.

And now Leviathan may have expended most of its resources trying to deal with Octarius and Baal.

Um... You're welcome Guilliman?

>> No.53915801

>>53915727
>Nope, the daemons left.
Nope, they only did after the standstill was confirmed

>> No.53915820

>>53915696
Thanks for the explanation but man is that is a pathetic insult to Nid players. Who cares if they were NPCs in a video game, IG are NPCs in DoW3, so does that invalidate the whole faction?

>> No.53915838

>>53915801
>>53915763
>an invader getting kicked off the planet is not a stalemate its a loss

Except they weren't kicked off. The Orks and Tyranids did not fight off the daemon crusade. The Daemons were drawn to the Warp to go to far greater battle.

>And yeah Zerkers will lose a ground war because they're literally brain dead, murder frenzied meatheads who like to chop shit with chain axes. Anytime space marines manage to win against tyranids its because they do tactical strikes. 'Zerkers get mulched by going into melee against nids and orks.

Objectively false.

The Daemonkin codex has examples of Zerkers and Khornates defeating swarms of nids through sheer butchery.

>>53915801
A standstill implies that fighting reached a stalemate before the Daemons were drawn back to the Warp.

>> No.53915848

>>53915764
standstill means that the 2 forces aren't able to gain ground over the other, no action will change the situation

stalemate means any next move can spell a victory for the opponent, any action can end the situation

>> No.53915856

>>53915763
>Anytime space marines manage to win against tyranids its because they do tactical strikes.
More like it's because they have some crazy out-of-the-box plan that can only work one time and uses some sort of deus ex machina only available at that one battlefield and they get assistance from an outside force such as the biggest space fleet assembled by the Imperial Navy since the Heresy or a Magos concocting a plague that has to be injected directly into a Norn Queen or a whole dynasty of Necrons waking up and helping them blow up the entire system.

Berzerkers are fucked.

>> No.53915872

>>53915820
well as I said it was a combination of Eternal crusade and how the fluff had been written for ages now, since GW stopped caring about the alien movies they focused more on the zergrush keke aspect than the horror. Basically Jobbing to everyone and having no real face characters beyond swarmy (who most nid players actually hate) made it a more valid point

>> No.53915876

>>53915848
>stalemate means any next move can spell a victory for the opponent, any action can end the situation

That's just for chess.

>> No.53915894

>>53915731
>I think he gets it.
>Still failing to understand the context where the word is placed
It's literally "the combined might of" meaning the Blood Crusade couldn't handle taking on both the Orks and Nids at once. It doesn't say (or imply) a DAMN thing about the Orks and Nids allying or any such nonsense like that.

>>53915764
>They are synonymous unless you accept the premise that everyone literally just stopped fighting
>everyone literally just stopped fighting
Holy crap how can you be this dense?
It literally says on the page in the rulebook that the Blood Crusade was rampaging around the galaxy and got stopped only twice.
It's not talking about the forces themselves, but the crusades MOMENTUM overall. It was going fast everywhere else, but then it was ground to a halt at the meatgrinder that is Octarius.

It's not that hard to understand this.

>> No.53915897

>>53915856
Nope, They can butcher their way out or just hand around and summon more daemons with the slaughter. There is no shortage of daemons in the warp.

>> No.53915908

>>53915848
>standstill means that the 2 forces aren't able to gain ground over the other, no action will change the situation

Yes.

>stalemate means any next move can spell a victory for the opponent

Absolutely wrong. Stalemate is a position in chess where any move results in check rather than checkmate. That's why it's called stale.

Fighting to stalemate and fighting to standstill mean the same thing, unless you take standstill literally meaning everyone just stops fighting.

>> No.53915912

>>53915897
The daemons got their asses kicked and retreated into the Warp, dumbass. The fight is already over. Khorne lost.

>> No.53915931

>>53915820
It's more the 'we lose to everyone, not only in their codices but even our own' thing.
Like the bit about the Tau outadapting a hive fleet known for being hyperadaptive even for the tyranids.

>> No.53915934

>>53915731
nah, he doesn't, he keeps pretending their might was solely distributed against the khornates, which is not confirmed, implied or logical.

>the combined might of the cars' impacts crushed the pilot
do you think this combined might had no effect on the cars themselves?

>> No.53915941

>>53915894
>a DAMN thing about the Orks and Nids allying or any such nonsense like that.

They don't have to ally. They have to ignore each other and focus the attention on the daemons until they leave.

>> No.53915950

>>53915894
>It doesn't say (or imply) a DAMN thing about the Orks and Nids allying or any such nonsense like that.

It says their combined might. Combined means to unite or merge. So it very much implies they united to fight the Blood Crusade.

>> No.53915970

>>53915838
>The Daemonkin codex has examples of Zerkers and Khornates defeating swarms of nids through sheer butchery.
We are talking about enough nids and enough orks here to keep a war of attrition going for a century you insuferable chaosfag, slaughtering gaunts isn't impressive and the nids have 48 bio-titans, I dont see a traitor titan legion on the list of support. Not to mention the air supperiority from the combined Crone Armada and 27 flights of Air Skwadrons

>> No.53915976

>>53915876
And every single tine the word it's used it's because there is a metaphor with chess going on.

are you slow in the head?

>> No.53915999

>>53915912
Nope, Khorne did not lose. The Blood Crusade simply left via the Warp.

And if what you are saying is correct and Khornate mortal and still on the planet, then there is nothing stopping daemons that are not of the Blood Crusade from materialising thanks to the bloodshed and slaughter.

The Blood Crusade is NOT ALL OF KHORNE's forces.

>> No.53916013

>>53915872
Fair enough point on Nid fluff but how could Orks be called NPCs?

>> No.53916014

>>53915894
>It literally says on the page in the rulebook that the Blood Crusade was rampaging around the galaxy and got stopped only twice.

No, it says it met it's match twice. Not that it was stopped. Because it wasn't. They fought and then the daemons got carried away by the Storm.

>It was going fast everywhere else, but then it was ground to a halt at the meatgrinder that is Octarius.

Sure, they fought to stalemate there. That doesn't mean they lost. It means it was a draw.

>> No.53916020

>ITT: autism over how a phrase was built

>> No.53916029

>>53915934
>nah, he doesn't, he keeps pretending their might was solely distributed against the khornates, which is not confirmed, implied or logical.

It is implied and logical.

>> No.53916035

>>53915970
A single daemonkin warband defeated a WHOLE SPLINTER FLEET. A single Tyranid hive ship is capable of housing multiple biotitans.

So no. The Khornates are fine. They can do THIS!

>> No.53916048

Guys stop replying to Carnac, he's a delusional manchild who will literally never admit when he's wrong and his precious army was BTFO.

>> No.53916050

>>53916013
that's just because GW said in 8th that the story would focus on imperium vs chaos and all xenos would take a backseat, so the stigma Tyranids had been carrying for a while got extended to every xeno.
Mostly its just an insult about them not being relevant in current fluff. (Unless they're helping the imperium obviously, like the eldar and necrons)

>> No.53916051

>>53916013
It naturally spread to the loser xenos races.

>> No.53916058

>>53916013
Tyranids and Orks have no named characters.

>> No.53916077

>>53916048
Stalemate in not BTFO

>> No.53916084

>>53916048
There is more than one anon arguing for both sides. Stop trying to censor discussion, you fascist bastard.

>> No.53916091

>>53915950
>So it very much implies they united to fight the Blood Crusade.
Only in your wildest headcanon anon.
'Combined might' means just that. Combined might. Exactly zero possible way to imply that the nids and Orks actually declared a truce across the entire planet (that's been nonstop "WAAAGH!" "NOMNOMNOM!" for over a 100 years) just because a big bad Blood Crusade showed up on the planet.

>>53916014
>met it's match twice. Not that it was stopped.
>Met it's match means stopped momentum-wise ya dingus.

>> No.53916143

>>53916091
You literally throwing your headcanon. Met its match just means met a worthy foe not that it was stopped.

As an example, Grimgor met his match in Krom and they fought to a standstill until Grimgor was forced to depart from their personal battle. Where does that leave them? In a draw for their personal contest.

>> No.53916157

>>53916035
Biotitans are titan equevalents, so until you pull up some fluff where a single daemonkin warband defeats a titan legion you can fuck off. Not all hiveships have biotitans on them, infact none of them do since they're spawned as response to enemy titans and are incredibly costly to deploy.

>> No.53916175

>>53915931
That was Cruddace being pissed off about the lack of tanks I think. The problem with Tyranid fluff is that they leave lifeless rocks behind them, so nobody can retake the world or rebuild it. Enough victories for 'nids and everyone else loses. If they transformed a world into a hive instead of destroying it, then the setting storywise is reusable.

>> No.53916177

>>53916091
>Exactly zero possible way to imply that the nids and Orks actually declared a truce across the entire planet (that's been nonstop "WAAAGH!" "NOMNOMNOM!" for over a 100 years) just because a big bad Blood Crusade showed up on the planet.

The Nids are supposed to be intelligent, and we already saw Orks declare a truce in face of daemonic invasion on Armageddon. There is no reason not to believe Nids and Orks stopped fighting each other and combined their might to face the Blood Crusade.

>>Met it's match means stopped momentum-wise ya dingus.

No it doesn't.
There is no "momentum" to the Blood Crusade.
They literally just rode the warpstorm in and out. Winning or losing, killing or not didn't affect the speed of the storm.

>> No.53916192

>>53916157
DO NOT LIE.

>Burning the Splinter - 919999.M41

>A lone bio-ship of Hive Fleet Gorgon, having sheltered within an asteroid field in the Perdus Rift, disgorges its vile swarms upon the biomass-rich world of Pech. The Tyranids run riot as the jungle itself turns against the Kroot who make the planet their home. Though the avian mercenaries of that planet are equal to the task of engaging and destroying the lesser creatures of the swarms, tribe after tribe are killed by the giant bio-titans in their midst. The Tau Empire, long-time allies of the Kroot, deploy the largest guns at their disposal in order to repel the Tyranids from the planet. Cadre upon cadre of battlesuits are deployed on mesas and plateaus overlooking the forest, each slaying those beasts whose exoskeletons shudder through the canopies below with sustained volleys of heavy rail rifle fire. Though the Firebase Support Cadres are hunted in their turn by chameleonic weapon-beasts and flocks of winged terrors, each mesa’s sides are soon thronged with Kroot climbing hand over hand to protect their battlesuited saviours. Together, the two factions make an excellent combination, and the Tyranid weapon-beasts are hunted down and slain without exception.

DID THE FUCKING KROOT TRIBES HAVE TITANS? No, however the Tyranids deployed MULTIPLE titans on them.

>> No.53916239

>ITT: Chaosfags can't handle the fact that Khorne's Blood Crusade (and almost ALL of Khorne's champions got BTFO'd) because it arrived at Octarius and thought it be a good idea to attack two of the galaxy's biggest meatgrinders at the same time

>> No.53916264

>Bio-titans are the equal of actual titans

Objectively false.

A bio-titan was casually defeated by a single C'tan Shard in Shield of Baal. While a C'tan Shard was defeated by an Imperial Knight in a one vs one duel.

As we know, Imperial Knights are in no way equal to titans.

>> No.53916288

>>53916239
>ITT NPCfags desperately try to scrape a win out of a draw

>> No.53916295

>>53916264
>a single C'tan Shard
>implying all C'Tan Shards are the same power level
Not even the one you're arguing with, just thought I'd point that one out.

>> No.53916302

>>53916288
Yes, chaos is desperately trying to scrape a win out of a draw.

>> No.53916315

>>53916143
Bad example to use, because in that case the mortal followers of Khorne are grimgor, the green skin army represents the daemons, and croms army represents the Orks and Nids. It doesn't matter that grimgor fought crom to a standstill, now he's completely outnumbered and is either forced to retreat or get slaughtered by sheer weight of numbers. The mortal armies no longer had any daemons at their back and all but one of their leaders left, and they were caught in a half orkified half tyrannoformed death world filled with untold billions of enemies. No matter how good you are at swinging a chain axe, you'll eventually get bogged down by lotz of grotz

>> No.53916334

>>53916302
>Yes, chaos is desperately trying to scrape a win out of a draw.
Now that is one helluva burn.

>> No.53916350

>>53916302
So by your own admission it was a draw.

>> No.53916351

>>53916302
Actually, they are just arguing that's a draw. Keep up.

>> No.53916379

>>53916264
When something is shattered you seldom expect the pieces to be of equal measure.

>> No.53916389

>>53916157
>some fluff where a single daemonkin warband defeats a titan legion you can fuck off.

Kharn and his warband literally did that in "Traitor's Blade". They jumped on a titan and hacked their way to the cockpit. Imagine its more easier to kill biotitans since their heads are exposed so Kharn just has to climb over its leg and reach the head and then spent some time sawing off the head.

>> No.53916397

>>53916264
We also have fluff of Tyranid biotitans going one on one with titans and winning. There was that one Biotitans sized trygon that BTFO several titans in one of the 5e stories. Biotitans don't have as much raw firepower as a titan, but they are just as dangerous up close

>> No.53916406

>>53916389
Titan cockpits tend to not bite you in half

>> No.53916462

>>53916406
I dare you to eat something on the top of your head with no way to reach it.

>> No.53916505

>>53916462
>with no way to reach it.
Biotitans have arms that can actually reach their head anon.
These things are a lot more suited for mulching infantry than say, an imperial titan with its stubby gun arms

>> No.53916571

>>53916389
Cool, think he could achieve that feat while his armor is being eaten away by virulent toxin spore clouds that surround the Biotitans? Or while it's actively trying to buck him off, or reach him with its tendrils? And let's say he does pull it off, you think they have a chance at doing it 47 more times?

>> No.53916689

>Hi there
>my name is genestealer-kun
>literally my only purpose in life is disintegrating anything from terminators to tanks in melee
>while having faster reflexes than literally anything but Select few characters and greater daemons
>I have a shit ton of friends because we're just basic shock troops
>my only problem is getting into melee with all these dang shooty gu-
>oh hey Berserkers

>> No.53917097

>>53916351
>>53916350
Cool, so you agree that Chaos is an NPC race.

>> No.53917342

>>53917097
Nope.

Chaos just swallowed nearly a whole Hive Fleet into the Warp. That counts as a major defeat for the Tyranids.

>> No.53917467

Damn, nonfigjt between skarbrand and swarmlord, 2 of the biggest jobbers in the setting. Who would have won?

>> No.53917531

>>53915778

lol

>> No.53918107

>>53917342
Which was apparently a one-off thing, since they didn't do it again when basically all Khorne's favorites were here.
Chaos is still NPC race.

>> No.53918165

>>53917467
Swarmlord should logically win as he's immune to skarbrands fury aura and fights with more skill and has 2 additional weapons. But it wouldn't even come to that, swarmy would hold skarbrands attention long enough for him to get dogpiled by 12 carnifex

>> No.53918198

>>53918107
Not really. The Rift is expanding and Warpstorms are forming all over the galaxy.

And the Warp took the daemon armies via warpstorm to the Rift War. So it can happen at any moment.

>> No.53918231

>>53918198
Because Chaos, the NPC race, lost, and now is going to lose against itself some.
Enjoy jobbing more than the jobmaster.

>> No.53918559

The real question you guys should be asking is what's the over faction that managed to match to the Blood Crusade.

My bet is the T'au Empire. Either the Farsight Enclave or the lost 4th Sphere fleet.

>> No.53918825

>>53902540
The answer is apparently aaron dempsey bowen or whatever the fuck he is called is the head fluff writer and he is an utter fucking cretin, they've advanced the story by a century and literally fuck all has happened because they're so bad at writing.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action