Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.52749571 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Alright, why is this board considered one of the best on 4chan and even the entire internet's best D&D community?

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/dungeons-and-dragons/

I won't tell other people of this place, I just wish to know if the gossip is true.

>> No.52749596

Go fuck yourself, Newfag.

>> No.52749614

>>52749596
Well, first you have to ignore the shitposters.

>> No.52749618

I'd fuck Diana, no joke.

>> No.52749624

>>52749596
But I brought this.

>> No.52749644

>>52749571
because it allows pdfs and the questfags have been purged.

>> No.52749650

No, it's not true. There's nothing to be found here.

>> No.52749683

>>52749624
You have passed the trials. Welcome to the fold.

>> No.52749712

>>52749571
Some mothercucker will show up now and say:
>Well, before Nazimod, this was indeed the best board. Everything was allowed - ponies, giantess threads, monster girl threads, elf slave threads, it was a paradise, because we assimilated everything and made everything /tg/ related.
>Back then we've had imagination, you see - which is why all the great stories come from this era. Bearington? Old /tg/. Henderson? Old /tg/. Love can bloom? You guessed it.
>But then the Nazimod came, and all the fun and imagination was forcibly expelled. And then it became even worse, as we chased quests off the board.
>It's all generals and cancer now. We're in the dark days of /tg/, I tell you.

I'm just gonna tell you that none of this shit is remotely true.

>> No.52749742

>>52749571
First of all. Do you like lolis? Do you like elves? How about loli elves?

>> No.52749803

>>52749712
Some of that is true, as a lot of the content creators left.
Some of it was false, because there is less off topic shitposting, just replaced by more focused on topic shitposts, and the old trolls were replaced by newer, arguably worse trolls the likes of Virt.
Old /tg/ was the wild west, new /tg/ New York state.

>> No.52749819

Because as far as websites go during the earlier days of the internet, 4chan tended to be above average in terms of spelling, literacy, and allowance of what can be posted. It seemed like a website full of 'smarter' people where as chatrooms like AoL and youtube were just full of terrible users and retarded nonsense. 4chan felt like a place you can actually have a conversation about a mutual hobby.

Obviously someone will respond to this post saying >4chan intelligent LOL but the truth is compared to the early days of the internet it was pretty true.

Now with more social media websites and a larger internet subculture, 4chan is less unique in that regard but is just as unique if not MORE unique for its anonymous structure. The fact that you can talk about things without having your name attached is a huge increase in freedom for users, especially controversial opinions. Additionally, 4chan has been mostly managed well without intrusive pop-up ads, or overly political or sensitive moderators, making it easy and fun to browse.

There is a lot of old boy elitism on 4chan to be sure but that doesn't make it a bad website.

As for /tg/ in particular, it's a very specific part of the tabletop game hobby. It's one of the few places where worldbuilding and fantasy concepts or 'imagination' in general can be discussed. And especially for tabletop gaming, I mean hell where else would you talk about DnD? Before reddit there really wasn't any other website I can think of that had such a large breadth of what you can talk about; maybe you could make a thread about DnD on a normal text forum but the userpool is small.

In short, 4chan is a great website for people who want to create their own content or fun. It has a lot of bullshit but also a lot of positive quality. The userbase has degenerated somewhat in terms of negativity and over reliance on memes and shitposting to be funny, but /tg/ is a pretty good place to talk about DnD all things considered.

>> No.52749836

The first 9 posts have given you a pretty good sample of the types of people here.
One group not represented yet are those who can't spell or form sentences (and their first language is English). They are sort of in the minority here.

>> No.52749845

>>52749571
It's sadly true. We are the best community for roleplaying games, but that's like saying that of all the scummy bars, ours is the one with the clean toilet.

>> No.52749883

Most of us use punctuation.

>> No.52749936

>>52749883

i punctuated ur mom

with my COK

>> No.52749977

>>52749819
>The userbase has degenerated somewhat
>somewhat
Not somewhat, to an incredible degree.

>> No.52750001

>>52749803
Old /tg/ was getting pushed past the page limit in a matter of minutes by Dawn of War meme spamming. Also Dwarf Fortress.

They were wild times, but I like having regular threads to post in and not having to resort to official forums.

As far as content goes, I'm sure it's more that the old users can't really share the same story twice, and we're not going to be limitless wells of interesting stories to share. Only so many sips of that milkshake to go around.

>> No.52750008

I miss the questfags

>> No.52750042

>>52750001
>Old /tg/ was getting pushed past the page limit in a matter of minutes by shitposting
Compared to nazimod that banned anything tangentially video game related until m00t himself invoked Commander Keen in a thread?
Until generals became big on /tg/, threads always raced on because everyone would make a separate topic, usually 40k/D&D related.

>> No.52750066

>>52749936
Thank you Sally, for providing a sterling example of sub-literacy.
PS. My mother died in 2009.

>> No.52750072

Real life-like texture ;_;

>> No.52750078

>>52750066
Oh, so that's why she wasn't moving

>> No.52750082

>>52750066
>PS. My mother died in 2009.
Yes, and?

>> No.52750097

4chan has a high vocabulary index and low profanity compared to the rest of 4chan.

>> No.52750115

>>52749618
Jab can make your wish come true.

>> No.52750129

>>52749977

I would point to the rose tinted goggles, but how about you show me some proof that says otherwise?

>> No.52750144

Less idiotic racism and sexism. Minimal edgelords. Better at ignoring shitposters.

>> No.52750162

>>52750129
You can see the entire site is lesser, the strong influx of /v/ and /pol/ memes over the last few years.

>> No.52750177

>>52750115
Jab is a shit artist.

>> No.52750286

>>52750162
/v/ memes have always leaked into /tg/, though seemingly to a lesser extent since /vg/ came about. People have bitched about it as long as I can remember browsing the board.

/pol/ memes and every third word being "cuck" though... that's new. Of course, in the early days, everything was fur-shit, then after ruby-quest and the influx / un-closeting of furries, everything became weeaboo-shit...

Three to five years down the road, there'll be another edgy derogatory term thrown about as "cuck" falls out of popularity.

>> No.52750289

>>52749571
/tg/ has an awful board culture, it's basically the only board on 4chan which actively, and often aggressively sucks corporate cock (dnd, 40k) and shits on novel, independent games.

I'm pretty sure most threads are started by NARPfags who just want to jerk each other over whiteroom memetic bullshit. /tg/ has a reputation as a board where 'lel anything goes' but that's such an awful trait, since what it actually means is that NARPers get together and make 5 threads a day about "Flavor of the Week [Movie/TV/Vidya] LORE" and oftentimes don't even bother trying to set it up as though they had any intention of using their media for a game (nor would they, being 'theorycrafting' NARPing autistics).

One of the worst things about /tg/ is that it's full of moralfag idiots but simultaneously super open to SJW propaganda and anti-nationalism.

>> No.52750347

>>52750289
To sum it up, I feel like the average /tg/ poster could be described as "someone who finds Jon Stewart and Stephen Cbert humorous, witty, and informative". A plague of nerd poseurs and genuine autistics, both tending towards all the worst kind of numale behavior and thought.

>> No.52750357

>>52750289
>shits on novel, independent games
Myfarog isn't a novel game by any measure.
>/tg/ is that it's full of moralfag idiots but simultaneously super open to SJW propaganda and anti-nationalism
Your desire to place people into ideological camps would be better suited to American politics than an anonymous image board.
Nonetheless, I'll field: People who generally believe in being just and giving everyone a fair shake are usually in support of people who want a fair shake (who are not your SJW strawmen in the real world) and are against people who will shit on others because they do not check the box labeled "My folk". You can successfully be proud of your heritage and home. The moment it becomes your impetus to look down your nose at others, you are shit, and treated as such.

>> No.52750363

>>52750289

>/tg/ isint supposed to talk about what the board is for! Fucking shills mentioning what game they're running.

Wew lad

>> No.52750385

>>52750289
>>52750347
It only became that way after people chased off the creative people, the writers, and other people who didn't focus on corporate shilling and /pol/tardation.

>> No.52750395

>>52749571

This is also the board I see the most 'my bad, I think I was wrong' imo.

>> No.52750409

>>52750385
I don't think quests were good for /tg/, if that's what you're implying. Quests were what brought so many NARPers here to begin with.

>> No.52750412

>>52750289
>/tg/ has an awful board culture, it's basically the only board on 4chan which actively, and often aggressively sucks corporate cock (dnd, 40k) and shits on novel, independent games.

Naw, that's just the culture of the hobby in general. There's nothing a gamer hates more than having to learn a new set of rules, so why not gravitate towards what's popular, instead?

If anything, /tg/ has been uncharacteristically broad-minded with all of it's generals. Sure, one off obscure PDFs with graphic design and art that looks made by deviant-art rejects... not likely to grab most people's attention, but having things discussed other than 40k/D&PF/MtG/YGO is a pretty good sign. Just about anything semi-established likely has a few people who play, played, or have at least read the pirated PDFs.

>> No.52750437

>>52750385
>says this while talking to the /pol/tard
>>52750409
>/pol/tard doesn't get it

>> No.52750452

>>52750289

> SJW propaganda


lel RIP gamergate

>> No.52750454

>>52750412
Generals are irrelevant. Any given thread on /tg/ is far more likely to be about dumb DnD/40k bullshit than anything else, no matter the premise of the OP.

>> No.52750455

>>52750409
I'm not implying anything. It wasn't just quests, nor was it only /wst/. It was systematic banning and board abuse of people who helped the board through creative things.

>> No.52750474

>>52749712
But that's all true.

>> No.52750535

>>52750455
Those kinds of 'creators' are not good for the board. They're what attracted all these people who never have and never will play an RPG.

>> No.52750538

>>52750289
>One of the worst things about /tg/ is that it's full of moralfag idiots but simultaneously super open to SJW propaganda and anti-nationalism.

Translation: I brought up my shitty ill-informed political opinions I learned on Youtube and they called me a faggot ;-;

>> No.52750594

>>52750454
Numbers, man. It's the name of the game. I can't really think of the better candyland where all the other stuff gets discussed.

Well, outside of forums for each game, but have fun with the heavy-handed corporate regulation / Admin's circle-jerk and 3-posts-per-month activity.

>> No.52750642

/tg/ was better when we had quest threads on the board. Even the site creator agreed.

>> No.52750656

If you want to jack off to monster girls, fuck off to /d/.
If you want to start an Animu Gurl Quest 156, fuck off to /qst/.
It's this simple.

>> No.52750664

>>52750538
I don't bother arguing with people about it on /tg/ but I've seen more spineless numale whimps trying to 'enrich' the hobby with their particular brand of toxin than I care to remember. The hobby as a whole has really fallen off in this regard... so many plastic, shallow, lying faggots putting on a fake smile and pretending to have fun at you through their problem glasses and spiked, pink hair. They resent the hobby, they resent you, and yet they're all too eager to lecture you about how inappropriate your conduct is, how terrible and contrarian your tastes in games are ("wow, like, you don't LOVE DnD/40k?!"), and how great it is that the other completely uninterested and uninteresting, overeager 'zany, fun loving geeks (haha xD)' are gracing you with their presence.

This is the future of this hobby, and the current state of much of /tg/.

Makes me sick.

>> No.52750669

>>52750656
>/tg/: you need the other boards again!

>> No.52750679

>>52750066
Explains why she didnt complain

>> No.52750680

>>52750669
Yes, you should never have thought it would be okay to treat /tg/ as your personal playground where everything is on topic.

>> No.52750689

>>52750664
Hey anon, I saw you posted a long block of unbroken text but since I saw "numale" near the top I'm just going to ignore the whole thing and skip right to the part where I call you a faggot.

>> No.52750690

>>52750535
>Lets kick off all the creative people who actually play and run games
>why are all these people who have no creativity and can't play or run games on my board?
Flawless logic, anon.

>> No.52750697

>>52750594
I would appreciate a containment board for DnD/40k, or maybe a ban on alignment threads, at least.

>> No.52750718

>>52750669
Yes. This is the point. "You don't need other boards" is and always was an excuse that /d/egenerates spouted when their content spilled into our board, and it's a pretty shitty excuse.

>> No.52750728

>>52750690
Those 'games' they were running were little more than powerfantasy cults of personality which incentivized people from other boards with no interest or experience with RPGs to come and 'learn' that /tg/ was the perfect dumping grounds for 'ideas guys' like them to shit out off topic NARP fantasies. In large part quests were the source of the problem.

>> No.52750745

>>52749845
>4chan
>clean toilet

>> No.52750752

>>52750664

Punch the numale scarecrow harder man! It's the source of all your life's woes!

>> No.52750767

>>52749644
>Quests are to blame for poor quality
>/qst/ is one of the slowest boards
>Quests composed only 1/15th of this board most of the time
It's good the split happened, but people like you are retarded.
You're basically a "people like things I don't like, so they are ruining the things I do like" type of moron.

>> No.52750806

>>52750728
>>52749644
>assuming I'm talking about quests
See, this is where your persecution complex goes overboard. a lot of those people ran games on tabletop and off the board. But no, it's all about how much you hate some kind of fun, you sad little egomaniac.

>> No.52750819

>>52750767
>Quests composed only 1/15th of this board most of the time
Will you stop with the alternative facts? Quests were here not so long ago, and people still remember how bad it was. Shit, there's evidence - a shitload of evidence that gets brought up each time a questfag opens his mouth, but for some reason you don't reply to it each time. Maybe because it doesn't fit your narrative.

>P-p-please let us back in, guys! We weren't so bad! In fact, we were a positive addition to the board!
>Here's front page of /tg/ covered in /a/-tier quests.
>Uh... Well... Uh... P-p-please let us back in, guys! We weren't so bad! In fact, we were a positive addition to the board!

>> No.52750822

>>52750357
>Anon shits on moral fags
>Lol everyone their fair share
What is the fair share? Do you get to decide that?
Is everyone entitled to it? Is it the same to everyone or slightly different adjusting to need? Or is it by contribution?
You're simplifying things so you can sound like a good guy and pretending your "side" doesn't have any radicalism, misconceptions or moral ambiguity.

>> No.52750828

>>52750412
>There's nothing a gamer hates more than having to learn a new set of rules,
You what ?

>> No.52750842

>>52750752
That's the denographic targeted by your favorite games companies (WotC, GW, Paizo, White Wolf/Onyx Path) and their political agenda is harshly enforced by all online gaming communities (RPGNet, roll20, reddit), even increasingly so here.

I think /tg/ is probably the worst board on 4chan, it's just a corporate marketing platform full of desperate, spineless people. I really do hate the userbase here and every time I browse the catalog I just get pissed off by what I see.

>> No.52750859

>>52750828
He's mostly talking about 3aboos. They all think that every ruleset is like 3.x and thus takes a large amount of effort to learn.

>> No.52750861

>>52750842
Wait a second, Varg? Varg Vikernes? Is that you shitposting again?

>> No.52750882

>>52750842

pretty sure you'd be happier at 8ch m8

soooo...

>> No.52750888

>>52750822
>/v/irgins shit on moral fags
Get it right, anon, that is a /v/ thing that ended up on this board.
Also, I said fair shake, not share, you may need to work on learning colloquial English phrases before you try to work on your strawmen.

>> No.52750891

>>52750819
My friend, I was there to count threads during peak hour. It wasn't worse than 10-15 to 150 total threads.
There is nothing alternative.
You might be the kind of retard with a misconstrued reality because you filtered "quest" and forgot that catches "question" and "questionable" as well as non Quest uses of the word quest.
You might be the retarded fuck that used the front page rather than catalog and thus saw a lot of quests, which are fast moving and thus showed up more.
You might look at the archives and forget that most threads aren't archived in comparison to quests' nigh 100% archival rate.
The actual numbers are on my side because I bothered to check them.

But please go on about how I want quests back, when I explicitly said the split was good. Further proof you just pretend reality is based on your delusions.


Anyway, /tg/ doesn't suck because of "people like X", it sucks because it is 4chan.

>> No.52750896

>>52750819
There's even more evidence disproving all of the antiquester's lies and misinformation.

But hey, your alternative history is better than ours, after all.

>> No.52750899

>>52750861
I like Varg, but no. Kind of sad that people here have such hate for the man when he's actually a real gamer and LARPer who is trying hard to develop an original, independent product - not fof money but for love of his hobby.

But he's an 'evil racist' so he's dirt to /tg/.

Really does make me sick.

>> No.52750904

>>52749571
I mean, it's one of the best in my opinion.

>I won't tell other people of this place

Don't do this secret clubhouse shit, 4chan hasn't been anything like a 'secret' since like...07. Most people who avoid it avoid it for the tone posts take, or the inability to have profiles and get good boy points.

>> No.52750911

The samefag in this thread is incredible.
The butthurt contrarian /pol/tard ought to know when to quit, and the rest of you all need to stop giving him (you)s.

>> No.52750914

>>52749712
/tg/ was better before nazimod. Honestly if you disagree you're probably one of the newfags who showed up around/after his appearance, and are part of the problem.

>> No.52750923

>>52750891
>The actual numbers are on my side because I bothered to check them.
How about you show me some numbers, instead of telling me about them, you smarmy fuck?
I don't produce mine, because literally each time the quest problem is raised, pictures are posted. You don't produce yours because they don't exist outside of your imagination.

>> No.52750924

>>52750888
I'm a sudaca faggot, assumed a typo.

>> No.52750928

>>52750911
You are delusional if you think everyone that disagrees with you is the same person.

>> No.52750929

>>52750819
>Quests composed only 1/15th of this board most of the time
>Will you stop with the alternative facts? Quests were here not so long ago, and people still remember how bad it was. Shit, there's evidence - a shitload of evidence that gets brought up each time a questfag opens his mouth, but for some reason you don't reply to it each time. Maybe because it doesn't fit your narrative.

Here's the archive of /tg/ that goes back to before quest threads were banned on this board. Feel free to provide hard evidence to the contrary. Otherwise, these factual numbers will remain factual numbers.

In the week before /qst/ was created, 8% of the threads on /tg/ were quest threads.

>> No.52750937

I love mining the questfags' salt. The mods banning them was hilarious. It was the best thing since virt got the permaban.

>> No.52750950

>>52750928
Your posts in this thread read exactly the same as one another. You are fooling no one.

>> No.52750952

>>52750286
>Three to five years down the road, there'll be another edgy derogatory term thrown about as "cuck" falls out of popularity.
Don't get your hopes up. The current culture of the internet is to resist letting things cycle out.
Reminder that it's been roughly five years since The Dark Knight Rises and people still won't let go of baneposting.
Reminder that the stupid frog has been actively posted for, what, eight? Nine years?
I think we're going to have to put up with it for at least another seven years. Even more if the Americans decide to swing back to the left for whoever takes over after Trump.
This refusal to let go also plays into the degeneration of the userbase. If you'd like still another example, go hang around /gif/ some time or loli threads on /b/ and you'll see people actively crusading against specific kinds of porn. It's utterly disgusting.

>> No.52750954

>>52750924
>assumed typo
>uses the fuckup to go on a rant about something entirely unrelated
You made a fairly quaint ass of yourself, anon.
Do you understand what I'm trying to say now?

>> No.52750975

@52750928
>he's still going at it
See, after nazimod, we had trolls the likes of this guy and Virt show up.
Shit, I'd almost take Verity back if these guys all died.

>> No.52750979

>>52750923
Because I'm on my phone. Do you actually want me to give you screen caps of pre-split catalog with times?
Had you never bothered to participated in the countless meta threads were this info was published?
Did you never actually use the catalog and count it and will you counter me with a pic of your filter overcounting shit?

Hell, if you don't want to wait go to the /qst/ threads per day statistics, put it next to the /tg/ graph line, then put a gun in your mouth and pull the trigger.

>> No.52750983

>>52750950
These are my replies to this thread:
>>52750289
>>52750347
>>52750409
>>52750454
>>52750535
>>52750664
>>52750680
>>52750697
>>52750728
>>52750842
>>52750899
>>52750928

That's it, if you think I wrote anything else you are wrong.

>> No.52750984

>>52750937
I can't wait for us to get a new mod who likes quests.

Funny how some people think that the current state of moderation is eternal, even though there have been mods in the past who liked having quest threads on /tg/, and there will no doubt be mods in the future who also like having them here.

>> No.52750988

>>52750911

Guilty your honour. I regret my role in giving him a little troll-chubby. It ends now.

>> No.52751012

>>52750984
>THE QUESTS WILL RISE AGAIN

>> No.52751027

>>52750984
I know it will be hilarious. I kinda want to go like this...First ERP General is allowed back, then Smut threads, then /qst/ gets deleted.

>> No.52751070

>>52750954
The point of the post still stands.
You decide your side is just and fair and thus anon's claim that they stiffle debate is somehow invalid, because he was "strawmanning" and nationalism/collectives are bad and they politely dislile them (unlike the strawman anon made) mkay?
Fuck, I dislike american boards for this particular reason.

>> No.52751092

>>52750983
What in the world did trains ever do to you?

>> No.52751106

>>52750984
Quest argument guy here.
The current situation is ideal.
Quests get to shit around in their own board, /tg/ loses a scapegoat.
Sadly, it didn't lead to self-reflection by /tg/, so no actual improvement on the way.

>> No.52751111

>>52751092
NARP stands for "Never Actually RolePlayed".

>> No.52751162

>>52751111
Google gave me "Non Athletic Regular Person/People."

>> No.52751188

>>52749571
It's not. I'm pretty sure that title goes to some other board.

>> No.52751205

>>52749571
There are much friendlier places to discuss D&D on the internet, but I won't share because I don't want those places to become infected. I come to /tg/ for the worldbuilding, roleplay, stories, and tabletop-related fetishes that occasionally rises to the top of the sea of filth.

>> No.52751281

>>52751070
>The point of the post still stands.
The point that was wrong, anyway?
A "fair shake" means to give someone a open opportunity to prove themselves and their mettle to you without prejudice or judgment based on circumstances/situations that do not involve that individual.
The poster fucked up and went on a rant about someone being "owed" something, which is entirely not the point and more wanking off about their preconceived notions.
>the rest of the post that continues to miss the point
Anon, let's ignore how European style nationalism led to WW1+2, and was abandoned for generations after your forebears realized that staid belief in their own superiority led to the rest of the world getting fucked over, and themselves most of all, then the current generation forgets all that and regresses to their old ways. Also ignore how I said pride in yourself, your nation and culture is perfectly fine, but stops being fine when it becomes your hinge to shit on other nations/cultures, which is exactly what happens irl and on this board.
And yes, most of the good guy fa/tg/uys shit on people like that because they are objectively unpleasant people flexing a superiority complex from a tertiary connection to something larger then themselves, versus their own efforts and achievements.

>> No.52751373

>>52751281

hear hear

That's roughly what I would have said if I hadn't immediately stopped reading after I saw

> SJW propaganda

>> No.52751456

>>52751281
My problem with the 'anti-nationalist/anti-racist/etc.' sentiment on /tg/ is not that they have different opinions about politucs, but rather that merely being considered as a nationalist or racist is grounds for harassment regardless of the subject at hand. Like Varg, for instance. A really good guy who is enthusiastic about the hobby, has been involved in it a long time, and wants to get his independent, original game off the ground. But because Varg is a 'racist' people want to lynch him and consider MyFaRoG as evil racist propaganda. As someone who actually owns it, I know this is an absurd slander, but to the RPG community and even on /tg/ it is the Gospel truth.

/tg/ is the only place on 4chan that routinely has posts that are trying to make me feel bad for being white and male. It's uniquely uncomfortable as a place to discuss the board topic because so many people have absolutely no regard for, nor any experience with RPGs, and yet flood the place with their opinions - political and otherwise - in the most obnoxious ways possible. So then what we're left with is a corporate shilling/safe space where the primary demographic of actual hobbyists (adult white males) is actively demonized and insulted.

>> No.52751462

>>52749644
>questfags have been purged.
/qst/ was a good split, but let's not pretend /tg/ has solved all of it's problems now that they're gone

>> No.52751497

>>52750129
How about digging through some archives and seeing the massive decrease in real discussions, homebrewing, setting building, ect. overtime?

There's a reason that people used to say "/tg/ gets things done" but are now laughed at for saying so

>> No.52751499

A message to any nostalgiafags.

>> No.52751553

>>52751456
>/tg/ is the only place on 4chan that routinely has posts that are trying to make me feel bad for being white and male.
Well, let's see some archive links.

>> No.52751562

>>52751456

With all this bemoaning of tg's (allegedly) non-arsehole politics, you seem to be one tiny step shy of demanding your own safe space, mate, and... you're a white male. Don't make the rest of us white males look like whining pansies. We do pretty well in the greater scheme of things.

>> No.52751580

>>52751456
Christian, get off the internet. It's Easter, don't you have to rage at the death of muh glorios nurse heritage and burn some pricless works of art?

>> No.52751630

>>52751456
The Varg issue, overlooking the fact that he is a convicted murderer and espouses a ideology that actively shits on other people for existing (which is what actually rankles /tg/, you can believe what you want, but when it turns into "all these people are shit for these reasons that have nothing to do with the person that lives down the block from me"), Myfarog is not actually a good game on it's own merits. Gygax had some exceedingly questionable personal beliefs, but D&D in and of itself is a solid game framework.
>/tg/ is the only place on 4chan that routinely has posts that are trying to make me feel bad for being white and male
Compared to the other boards which shit on people who are not white and male?
Look, mang, not everything is an attack on you, but understand that there are just as much unpleasantness attached to you as there is to everyone else, you are just far less used to having it thrown in your face.
I'm black, male, a muslim. Now take a moment and think about how much shit gets bandied about on 4chan about all of the above. I don't like it, but I'm used to it, both irl and on the internet, it's... there, I figure, and I either deal with it or be a shut in.
My response is to be a good person, as best I can, and to judge others honestly and openly, as I hope to be judged, knowing still there will be people who will shit on me for existing regardless of what I do. You would be served by doing something similar, rather than seeing attacks everywhere.

>> No.52751694

>>52751630

So what if he's a white supremacist murderer? He's tryin' to get a cool new game off the ground bro! Fuck all y'all identity politics! MAGA!

>> No.52751696

>>52750923
I mean, someone already replied to your earlier comment showing it was 8.6 percent. I support the split but when any anon says "i don't have to produce my results because..." They've lost the argument.

>> No.52751749

>>52751694
>He's tryin' to get a cool new game off the ground bro!
If the game was good on it's own merits and not bound with his personal opinion into the fabric of the mechanics, I'd feel that way.

>> No.52751843

>>52751497
/tg/ never got shit done. It always has had a few people around that get shit done and then the board takes credit for it.

>> No.52751847

>>52751456
>abloobloo /tg/ was mean to me
Damn, grow a pair you whiny little faggot.

>> No.52751870

>>52750899
>I like Varg

Varg-like typing detected

Please type "genetic variance can be greater between blood relatives than persons of different races" to continue posting.

>> No.52751874

>>52751749

Well, not judging you, but I'm actually a filthy SJW betacuck mangina who chooses not to financially support human cancer because they're human cancer.

>> No.52751919

>>52750899
Dude is a church burner and convicted murderer.

Also MyFarog just isn't that good. Passion doesn't make up for skill, despite what stories will tell you.

>> No.52751955

>>52751874
I believe both the main dev for Cyberpunk 2020 and.... I forgot the other game, but both had gained notoriety for their personal beliefs.
I can disagree with a person's personal beliefs so long as they remain personal.
Varg's beliefs pointedly did not remain personal on top of having few redeeming gameplay value.

>> No.52752000

>>52751955
This. I think John Wick is a total tool, especially his GMing philosophy, but I still like L5R and 7th Sea.

>> No.52752096

>>52750008

Same.

>> No.52752120

>>52750008
>I miss the questfags
Me too. This board was more fun when we were allowed to do fun things on /tg/.

>> No.52752123

>>52751456

> being considered as a nationalist or racist is grounds for harassment regardless of the subject at hand

because historically nationalists and racists did a lot of horrible things and more importantly those horrible things are inexorably linked to those people's core beliefs. It's hard to get along when your entire belief structure is founded on " we can never get along and I'll ultimately have kill all of you".

> Like Varg, for instance. A really good guy

I would like you to explain this statement. given the whole murderer thing

>But because Varg is a 'racist' people want to lynch him and consider MyFaRoG as evil racist propaganda. As someone who actually owns it, I know this is an absurd slander, but to the RPG community and even on /tg/ it is the Gospel truth.

People choosing not to support a product because of it's creator's actions or beliefs is an unavoidable and more importantly, beneficial aspect of capitalism. On a larger point, "Politically correct" may be used by left leaning individuals and groups, but it doesn't descend from communism or socialism. rather it's an internal result of capitalist market forces. It's not a frankfurt school conspiracy, it's just the way free markets work.

>> No.52752125

>>52750008
Yeah, they were fun to troll. No one else has that thin a skin.

>> No.52752141

>>52751919

Exactly. MyFarog and RaHoWa aren't awful games solely because they represent a non-mainstream POV. Kill Puppies for Satan and Kult both check that box. Hell, technically so does Ironclaw, which is arguably fantastic if you can stomach spending all day at the Gates of Yiff. RaHoWa and MyFarog are awful games because they're mechanical shit-shows, and rely on worldview over quality to sell copy. Something like Testament would be the middle of the road -- flogs the hell out of its core ideology, but fairly mechanically sound.

>> No.52752154

>>52751874
But if it was good, would you pirate it?

>> No.52752214

>>52752123
>People choosing not to support a product because of it's creator's actions or beliefs is an unavoidable and more importantly, beneficial aspect of capitalism

It's entirely avoidable, the creator can just take steps to remain unknown (via pseudonyms and the like). And I wouldn't claim it's beneficial, people should support your beliefs because they are well-reasoned, or make sense, or are moral... not because market forces brow-beat them into the appearance of compliance.

>> No.52752271

>>52752214
>It's entirely avoidable
Yes, it is, the dev could have not couched the product in his personal ethos at all.
The anon that mentioned John Wick is right on the money, right down to how before, Wick didn't allow his ethos to dictate the game, but he is now with new edition of 7th Sea that the fanbase is rapidly turning on.

>> No.52752364

>>52752000
I think you hit it on the nose. Maybe we should keep the (real life) politics out of the games and keep opinions to ourselves. I don't give a shit if your some genderfluid queer A-10 Warthog furry, so long as you're not trying to shove it and your ideology down my throat and you're not hurting anybody, we're cool.

>> No.52752393

>>52750289
>>52750409
>NARPer

Motherfucker, what?

>> No.52752399

>>52752154
I'm not who you're asking, but I certainly wouldn't let that stop me. Free stuff is free stuff.

>> No.52752412

>>52752393
Never Actually Role Played

>> No.52752415

>>52752393
I believe it means Never Actually RolePlayed, but it could also be something about a non-aggression pact or trains.

>> No.52752424

>>52751456
>Like Varg, for instance. A really good guy
Who shanked his band's bassist (or drummer?) and burned down churches.

>> No.52752474

>>52752412
>>52752415
That's retarded.

>> No.52752479

>>52750929
You know that the archive also goes back before quests became a fad, right?

>> No.52752602

>>52752214
>>52752271

capitalism only works if people get what they want. the kicker is people can want whatever they want for whatever reason they want. Desires create markets and allow for new supplies to make headway. There is nothing that's unfair to judge a product on.

> not because market forces brow-beat them into the appearance of compliance

nobody is making you sell a product or go into a particular business or do anything really. Markets naturally establish standards and standards ARE beneficial. it's how we get food we like, cars we want and games we like to play, etc etc. It's just that you think it's unfair that you yourself are actually held to those same standards.

You want to benefit from capitalist market standards, but you don't want to be held to them. It's childish.

>> No.52752644

>>52752364

>Maybe we should keep the (real life) politics out of the games and keep opinions to ourselves.

noble notion,but basically impossible. /tg/ games are built on worldbuilding and world building will always comment on politics to some extent or another.

There is no imagined non-political "neutral ground". nothing is apolitical.

>> No.52752724

>>52752479
>You know that the archive also goes back before quests became a fad, right?
4plebs becomes spotty around 2014-2015, when they began taking over for moe, but moe was dying, so not everything is archived.

However, I question what your statement has to do with the topic at hand (quest threads barely comprised 8% of /tg/ during the one-week period immediately before the creation of /qst/).

If you would like to use the archive to attempt to prove that there was ever a time when 90% of /tg/ was quest threads, please do so.

>> No.52752756

>>52752724
not that guy but the quests were annoying because they were moving very fast so they were constantly on the front page

>> No.52752783

>>52752644
This. All fiction makes a statement of what an author values in some way, and as a result all fiction is inescapably political.

People who say "keep politics out of my fantasy" are more aptly saying "don't ask me to think too hard about the politics in my fantasy"

>> No.52752788

>>52752602
The standards that the free markets establish is how much lead paint you can get away with putting in bread, and how to best divvy up the map for regional monopolies. Seeing how I require difficult-to-manufacture medication (or I die, which rather puts be over a barrel on the whole bargaining front) then, no, I do not wish to benefit from capitalist market standards.

>> No.52752833

>>52752125
There's the /pol/ colonists.

>> No.52752834

>>52752756
Inb4 >catalog reeeeeeee

In the days when you had to go to another website or download some retarded extension that barely worked, telling people to use a catalog was retarded. Which was a significant portion of /tg/'s history. Nowadays, yeah the front page matters less, but back in the old days it mattered a lot.

>> No.52752845

>>52752756
>they were constantly on the front page
There's a reason we had off-site catalogs as early as 2012 and why we have full native catalog support these days.

Browsing 4chan page by page isn't smart.

>> No.52752874

>>52752724
Your statistic conveniently ignores the effect of having 12 off-topic threads being bumped constantly.

>> No.52752914

>>52752845

/tg/ was built for pagebrowsing. Where threads can run far afield a half a dozen posts in, seeing the OP pic and a blurb is meaningless. It's the current arc of conversation that's pertinent.

Infinite scroll has been the answer since 2009ish - 4chanX, then native controls

>> No.52752918

>>52749845
No, ours is the one that has coasters.

>> No.52752924

>>52752788

I don't actually believe in or argue for complete free market capitalism, so have all the socialism and regulatory agencies you want, but if your economic system has any degree of capitialism in it ( can I open a business?, can I sell and purchase what I want freely?) then these standards will emerge. Thats what I'm saying.

The only way out of market standards is to live in a fascist or fully communist system.

>> No.52752996

>>52751553
See your fellow numale respondents.
>>52751562
/tg/ as a hobby is overwhelming white and male. So is the board. But the anti-white and anti-male behavior and sentiment persists. This is a consequence of delusional, self-hating, parasites being the voice of the (((corporate elite))).
>>52751580
I am no christcuckolded idiot.
>>52751630
>The Varg issue, overlooking the fact that he is a convicted murderer and espouses a ideology that actively shits on other people for existing
If you knew anything about Varg, you'd know he is not even a white supremacist. He just wants to live in place with other white people, not exterminate nonwhites.
>Myfarog is not actually a good game on it's own merits
Like essentially everyone else on /tg/, you're just parroting arguments you've heard about MyFaRoG (arguments written by the numale hacks who would be under qualified at Buzzfeed) without having ever played it or even seen the rulebook.
>Compared to the other boards which shit on people who are not white and male?
4chan is overwhelmingly white and male, and /tg/ in particular is near lily-white. You may not like being discriminated against for being a minority, but you are a minority in fact. There is no actual reason apart from suicidal insanity for the majority to despise itself.
>>52751694
Such an idiot.
>>52751749
>not bound with his personal opinion into the fabric of the mechanics
MyFaRoG's mechanics are not actually offensive to any person who isn't totally consumed by anti-white hatemongering. To clarify something for all you people who've never even seen the inside of a MyFaRoG book, the setting of the game is a fictional Norse/Hellenic island realm set in something like the Bronze Age. Yes, it is almost 100% 'white', and there are some differences between the ethnic groups in the universe, but that's only 'racist' in the sense that Tolkien's elves are racist.
>>52751870
You are scum.

>> No.52753007

>>52752996

>>52751919
>Dude is a church burner and convicted murderer.
Church burning is hardly a serious crime, and no one would care even a bit about it (except that they may consider it cool) if it weren't for the fact that Varg is a meanie racist. As for the 'murder', in fact Euronymous planned to torture and kill Varg, and then eat his corpse. Now maybe Varg acted pre-emptively or overzealously in self-defense, but it was a kill-or-be-killed situation and I really don't think anyone can begrudge him for it.
>>52751955
>Varg's beliefs pointedly did not remain personal on top of having few redeeming gameplay value.
Just parroting the uninformed opinions of hack journalists again.
>>52752123
>because historically nationalists and racists did a lot of horrible things and more importantly those horrible things are inexorably linked to those people's core beliefs
I think you and your ilk are perpetrating far more horrible crimes than anything you could lay at the feet of nationalists and racists. Doesn't mean I vilify your every effort and refuse to acknowledge anything positive you may contribute.
>it's just the way free markets work.
Sickening. This kind of soulless consumerist ethic is a poison, and the very reason that society is crumbling around us.
>>52752141
You don't know anything about MyFaRoG.

>> No.52753051

>>52752783
>I'm a fervent anti-monarchist, activist and a socialist party member.
>Almost all of the countries in my setting are monarchies with the big empire being the good guys.
>Nobility in the setting is usually the righteous force driving the progress and treating fairly the peasants, protecting them from the evil of the world.

>> No.52753053

>>52752996
>>52753007

Test failed. Redirecting:
>>>/pol/

>> No.52753068

Stop bringing up my criminal record.

>> No.52753073

>>52753007
Burning down historical buildings is a dick move no matter what the building's purpose. He burnt down a 12th century building, a building that is more than three times older than 'merica. Varg is a faggot of the highest caliber.

>> No.52753092

>>52752924
>privilege included with title or post
>guild system
>Middle Ages-style mercantilism

A non capital-driven trade system is fine, too.

>> No.52753103

>>52752996
What I see are people who are pointing out why the things you say are dumb and a couple of sarcastic remarks meant for you to point out and decry.
What I don't see is any evidence on your part. Speak with facts, not with feelings, you postmodernist.

>> No.52753118

>>52749624
No joke dude, if I rolled up to game night and this was on it, I would play with an entire party of That Guys

>> No.52753122

>>52752996
>>52753007
0/10, trying way too hard.

>> No.52753134

>>52749571
Heh, no idea.

I thought it was awful enough to leave, and yet here I am.

Feel free to ask me about african fantasy, chinese mythology, weird as fuck real weapons, aquatic civilization worldbuilding, plus Age of Sail stuff like tuns, caravels and bouncing cannonballs.

>> No.52753147

>>52753134
The fuck is the deal with that spear?

>> No.52753198

>>52749571
/tg/ is amazing because of what it is really about: Traditional Gamers, and our interests.

Traditional Gamers tend to be on the better read side of life, and also have a diverse array of interests.

As a result, we can talk about pretty much anything, and often our conversations drift from any random idea into absolutely every topic that ever existed, all because we draw the most ludicrous connections between things.

>> No.52753201

>>52753147
You refer to the mighty and glorious "Lang Xian" (狼筅, can be written as 筤筅, lit. 'Wolf brush'), sometimes translated as "wolf bamboo" and "multiple tipped bamboo spear"

>an extremely long bamboo shaft mounted with an iron spike, with branches and leaves still attached. The branches are sometimes fire hardened or attached with blades and hooks and smeared with poison.

>heavy and unwieldy weapon, and deals very little damage on its own. However if used in conjunction with other weapons, it turns into a very potent force multiplier.

>When used in numbers, Lang Xian can be used to:

>Present a wall of bushes directly onto the face of the approaching enemies. The constantly moving and shaking branches and leaves can be greatly distracting and blind the enemies from other dangers (i.e. a sudden spear thrust through the bush, or a charging swordsman).
>Prevent friendly troops from seeing the face of their angry, screaming enemies directly, thus maintaining morale. This is especially important since most Ming troops were poorly trained.
>Entangle or at least throw off the aims of spear thrusts or sword slashes.
>Branches and barbs on the Lang Xian can prevent enemies from closing in by catching on their clothings.
>If opportunity presents itself, the wielder of Lang Xian can attempt to catch enemy banner in order to torn it or bring it down. Losing an important banner amidst heated combat tend to cause adverse morale effect on the army.
>Owing to its length, a Lang Xian can be used to fend off cavalry charge (preferably with support from other polearms). If held upright, Lang Xian serves additional purpose of deflecting incoming arrows, much like how ancient Macedonian used their Sarissa.

>> No.52753212

>>52752644
>noble notion,but basically impossible.
You are right. I understand that you can't truly escape politics, since it's going to leak into the game. I'm just getting tired of people bringing in characters that are pushing their politics in my game. Yes, there are homosexuals in the make belief game and so long as it's not blatant nobody cares, but that does not mean you can be a fucking paladin who's smiting homosexuals because they're faggots, nor does that mean you go around making homosexuals a common occurrence. No, we do not need to build a wall between the human kingdom and the halfing parish, because they're not sneaking in and stealing your jobs. Yes, Orcs are warmongering rapist barbarians, but god damn the human barbarians are just as bad too dumbfuck. I think I should stop DM/GM/whatever you want to call it and go back to being a player again. Fucking retards.

>> No.52753231

>>52753147
It's brilliant: Barbed and hooked in every direction, so there is no safe angle of approach... with a normal spear, once you get past the head, it's barely a big stick, with a halbred or other poleaxe, you normaly have one side that can defend the wielder, but that too can be bypassed: but this? it's a fucking christmas tree of hooks and barbs, nothing can get past it, around it, or through it, if the wielder so much as twists their grip.

It's absurdly overspecialized for defending a very narrow hallway.

>> No.52753243

>>52753212
You think you're coming off as moderate and mature by holding to some arbitrary "middle ground", but you actually come off as a gutless faggot.

>> No.52753256

>>52749571
That explains the Influx of Socal Justice and Normies on /tg/ for quite a while and thus the degrading quality we have been suffering from quite some time.

neo-/tg/ is absolute trash.

>> No.52753277

>>52752996

>you'd know he is not even a white supremacist. He just wants to live in place with other white people

White nationalism isn't possible not simply because of the political nature of the world right now, but because the underlying ideas are unfeasible and the theoretical would either be forced to transition into a white supremacist expansionist empire, a multicultural state, or collapse. making the distinction between supremacist and nationalist largely meaningless.

to clarify.

The Unavoidable collapse of any theoretical white nationalist state

1.) LIMITED MOVEMENT
A white nationalist state would have to prioritize it's ethnic makeup over it's economic interests. A vital element of an economy is freedom of movement. the easier it is for citizens to go where they want to in order to obtain work or live where they want to live, ( even outside it's borders as we see with the EU) the generally healthier the economy is. While a white ethnostate may permit this to some degree, as time progressed it would be forced to begin to limit this as it could not a.) allow white citizens to interact or breed with other ethnic groups as would inevitably happen or b) allow for non-white to emigrate as even with a ethnostate some non-whites or "whiteish" people would eventually seek to emigrate for one reason or another. ( presuming it has a growing economy). As it become harder to relocate inside and outside the ethnostate it's economy would become more and more restrained as travel would become more and more difficult. This would worsen the problems

2.) MERCANTILISM AND DEALING WITH THE OUTSIDE WORLD.

The ethnostate would naturally suffer from the l problems discussed in the first part these problems would get worse as the ethnostate would be forced to deal for the resources it doesn't have. The state's racial philosophy would force it into a position of sustaining itself entirely within it's own borders to avoid "globalism". ... continued in part 2

>> No.52753288

>>52749644
>>52750767
>>52750806
>>52751462
> and the questfags have been purged.

>dip in quality ever since
>daily shitpost wars between SocJus and /pol/

REALLY
MAKES
ME
THINK

>> No.52753293

>>52753243
And you come off like a special snowflake who insists that every single interaction you have should be an opportunity to get up on your soapbox.

>> No.52753311

>>52753256
>Normies
Opinion disregarded.

>> No.52753318

>>52750952
>Reminder that it's been roughly five years since The Dark Knight Rises and people still won't let go of baneposting.
That's partly thanks to related things happening, like the /tv/-script porn movie (no, I'm not joking) and the 4U flight crash conspiracy

>Reminder that the stupid frog has been actively posted for, what, eight? Nine years?
Because it was brought to life time and time again by different groups. It used to just be a reaction image, with a couple of variants. When the "fucking normies" got a hold of it, it became mainstream popular. Then, /r9k/ retaliated with peepeepoopoo-pepes after a couple of months, to "take pepe back from the normies".
Then, two years later, /pol/ had a giggle at a nazi-uniform variant of pepe and decided to make some Trump-hat edits, after which it spiralled out of control and Hillary Fucking Clinton started a 'war on pepe' and it became an international hate symbol.

Pepe isn't a single meme. It has had so many facets it's not even funny. Don't even get me started on his relation to Wojack and the countless different memes that came from that

I agree that the internet doesn't let things cycle out, but your examples are pretty shitty. Today's Pepe isn't comparable to that of 2 years ago, nor two years before that or 2 years before that

>> No.52753327

>>52749819
>There is a lot of old boy elitism on 4chan
which is what kept /tg/ high quality for quite some time but now its full of Leftypol posts and Redditors fucking up the quality and somehow being convinced that they are the ones who make this shit shine.

>> No.52753338

>>52752874
>Your statistic conveniently ignores the effect of having 12 off-topic threads being bumped constantly.
The site owner at the time stated that they were on-topic.

>> No.52753350

>>52753243
And you think you're coming off as mature, but your acting like an actual bona fide faggot. Have a (You).

>> No.52753358

I flipping love this board. Someone wants to know if we're really so great and we've already devolved to talking about the negative economic impacts of ethnic nationalisim as a philosophy. Never. Freaking. Change.

>> No.52753365

>>52753311
>Opinion disregarded.
>failing this hard

thanks for showing off your newfaggotery, Redditorscum.

>> No.52753404

>>52753277
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

>> No.52753427

>>52750289
>/tg/ has an awful board culture, it's basically the only board on 4chan which actively, and often aggressively sucks corporate cock (dnd, 40k) and shits on novel, independent games.
If anything, they aggressively take steaming hot shits on those companies. The fuck are you on about?
If you want corporate dicksucking, go to /v/. They're slaves to their preferred brand there

The fuck is a "NARP"?

>One of the worst things about /tg/ is that it's full of moralfag idiots but simultaneously super open to SJW propaganda and anti-nationalism.
Just because they told you to fuck off with /pol/poganda because it has no place here doesn't mean they love SJWs. Actively shitting on the idea of female spessmahrines doesn't sound so SJW to me. Where were you when 5e came out with the black female paladin drawing?

>>52750347
>m-muh numales!
Oh, that explains it

>> No.52753458

>>52753427
They're from /pol/ the only thing you can do is post dogs to bring out their pack mentality.

>> No.52753490

>>52750819
You know, I really hate this trend of /pol/posters that they can't argue without doing this "talk like them but make them look like whimpy idiots lol" thing. It's literal child behavior

Step up your game without reinforcing the basement fatass stereotype

>> No.52753502

http://www.mediafire.com/file/iowdqk26193yndf/MYFAROG.zip
Reminder not to pay for this and to read it for yourself and form your own opinions of it. Have fun.

>> No.52753531

>>52751456
>/tg/ is the only place on 4chan that routinely has posts that are trying to make me feel bad for being white and male
Nigger what the FUCK are you even on about?

>> No.52753537

>>52753277
>>52753092
>>52752996


continued from part one
But as with all attempts at creating an entirely self sustaining nation it would fail. The Nations would eventually discover that it needs material resources that it does not have within it's borders and would have to deal for those material resources. Given it's exclusionary rhetoric and inevitable exclusion from most of the outside world it would have limited trading partners and would be trading at a disadvantage. which becomes yet another problem for the ethnostate


as for intellectual resources The ethnostate would have to forcibly limit it's citizens awareness of the outside world to limit interaction with other ethnicities and other races. This would over time limit the citizen's capacity to educate themselves and grow the economy.

as these problems compound the ethnostate would be forced down 1 of two paths.

1.) It would have to open itself up to the world more. this would inevitably damage it's homogeneity as citizens would breed with other ethnic groups. The state would either have to expel the offending citizens ( which would weaken it's economy), or allow the citizens to remain ( weakening it's racial goals),

2. Expand itself. It would have to attempt to take the resources it lacks by force. These wars would most likely damage the economy in the long term as they would be unsustainable or the ethnostate would lose. either way it goes to show that a white nationalist state would slide into a white supremacist state as was my original point

>> No.52753545

>>52752996
i note you didn't deny he's a murderer

>> No.52753559

>>52753404

I welcome debate. My points and the underlying logic is there for you to see. If you have a bone to pick with any particular point then respond and explain.

>> No.52753562

It's a shithole just like every other place in 4chan

Kill 4chan

>> No.52753579

>>52753490
Alright: howsabout this:

The moving of quests off of this forum was ultimately for the best. You obtained a common meeting place where you could pursue your communal anonymous roleplaying, and we stopped having to see 10 anime waifu threads on the frontpage where questmasters were stringing along a small number of players who just wanted to jack off to the idea of running around pantsless on Strike Witches island.

>> No.52753587

>>52753537
Idiotic nonsense.

This especially shows that you have no fucking clue about anything you're talking about:
>this would inevitably damage it's homogeneity as citizens would breed with other ethnic groups

Miscegenation is extremely uncommon even in today's society, where it's practically subsidized. In most nations throughout the world, for all of history, miscegenation, particularly between blacks and other races, has been a vanishingly rare exception.

White people are not being 'interbred' out of existence, they're being /out/bred.

>> No.52753665

>>52749712
I disagree. Nazimod killed most of the old magic.
The board has regained a new spirit since then, but I do wish sometimes that old/tg/ was still around.

>> No.52753699

>>52751027
YES, YES, YES. Bring back the lewd!

>> No.52753707

>>52753579
>still can't make a fucking argument to save is his life without acting like a cunt

I actually agree with you on that /qst/ was for the better, but you argue like a vegan: a rabid cunt who will only ever make enemies when he opens his mouth.

>> No.52753713

>>52753365
Do you just throw darts at a wall of buzzwords?

>> No.52753725

>>52749571

I would guess it mostly involves how there is little restrain on the stuff to discuss regarding RPGs. And in general nobody is particularly shy to tell you their opinion: if people don't like it, they'll tell you in your face, and if people like it they might comment or even add to it.
Although, nowadays it works mostly as a decent collection of stories and bullshit, which keeps expanding despite it all.

Furthermore, while I agree that quests needed their own space, I have also noticed that people bringing up interesting scenarios sort of have dwindled since they moved onto their own board.
I sorta miss them (although I don't miss the old usual 'elf slave wat do' threads, less for the theme and more for it was beating a dead horse).

>> No.52753744

>>52753707
I assure you, i am a totally different cunt from the one you were arguing with previously. And i was only hoping to bring the level of antagonisim to an even keel. We're mutually offended now, so we can, hopefully, get on with our lives, forever equally dissatisfied with the state of things as they are.

Here: have a screncap.

>> No.52753745

>>52753458
>>52753490

Funny because from what I can see people never bitched before about /pol/ on /tg/ this much.

Because /tg/ was never politically correct and thus no was offended about the rapefactory, the iron abortion surge or ELF SLAVE WAT DO.
But suddenly all this random tard humour is unacceptable on /tg/ and whenever it happens someone invokes /pol/ for no reason.

So either /tg/ is somehow becoming magically less politically correct which is contradicted by the above or newfags are flooding /tg/ with their shitty newfag-opinions and scream about everything that makes them slightly uncomfortable being fucking /pol/.

Do you get it? You are to blame for this. You are to blame for /tg/ leaking quality but every fucking time whining about fucking /pol/.

>> No.52753751

>>52753587

you seem to miss the point entirely.
while it may be rare ( or not. I'm not conceding that it is) it is a result of groups interacting. the more free groups are to interact, the more that it will happen.

any theoretical ethnostate would be forced to restrict it's citizen's capacity to relocate and interact with the outside world in order to prevent that. It's that restriction that would hurt the economy. Economic freedom vs ethnic homogenity. you can't have both.

>> No.52753798

>>52753745
You sound like the kind of person who keeps posting that "epic lich army destroys SJW gay rights kingdom campaign" screencap and ignores the fact that the thread it originates from was full of just as many people saying "actually that was kind of a shitty thing to do as a GM" as there were people going "epic thread screencap it" because it doesn't fit a narrative of what /tg/ "used to be"

>> No.52753826

>>52753745
ELF SLAVE WAT DO was always shitty low-effort bait.

>> No.52753843

>>52753745
You life in a world full of delusions. Shit like the rapefactory is still laughed at, elf slave threads still pop up regularly, etc.

You know when people bitch about /pol/? When someone starts ranting about niggers. When someone writes 3 paragraphs about why you are a degenerate for liking traps. When someone brings actual fucking politics into threads, bitching about Sanders/Hillary/whatever.

As for that last one, it took a LONG FUCKING TIME before people told you to get the fuck out. Trumpposting went on for months before people got tired of it. I lost count of how many times I saw that 'emperor trump' picture in a OP, filename thread or random completely unrelated thread. Rarely did anyone complain, and when someone did 4 people told him to shut up.


And seriously WHAT THE FUCK is even /pol/ about rapefactory or elf slave, you delusional cunt?

>> No.52753853

>>52753537

There are some great stories about a fictitious ethnostate that succeeds. It shows just how narrow conditions are to breed such a success:
>The physical location is so forbidding and remote that very few outsiders would even want to fuck with it
>The citizenry is well-educated, producing a Sue-ish number of high-tech specialists, while simultaneously having a strong cultural bias against outsiders
>Few outsiders are permitted, but rarely if ever stay and never fully integrate
>Possess a near-monopoly on an impossibly valuable resource for external trade

So yeah, it "works", so long as you hit the lottery and have every possible favorable condition.

Bonus points: it's Wakanda, a bunch of nignogs in a cape comic and soon-to-be insane grossing quip film full of SJW virtue signaling. Put that in your bundle of sticks and smoke it, /pol/lacks.

>> No.52753879

>>52753745
Probably because of the recent way internet culture has twisted /pol/ into everything, literally everything. Dislike a movie? /pol/ ruined it / defended it, so you're evil. Like a new video game? /pol/ put evil messages in it / is protesting the politics in it, so you're evil. have an opinion? /pol/ *also* has an opinion. Coincidence? I THINK NOT YOU NAZI FASCIST REEEE!

They're inescapable, despite not being involved in much if anything. Hell, the most /pol/ has been up to recently is some medium to heavy trolling of Shia LaBeouf's white flag.

>> No.52753913

>>52749571
>One of the best on 4chan
The quality of a board generally increases with the amount of original content it creates (actual content, mind you, not r9k shitposts). /tg/ arguably qualifies.

>Even the entire internet's best D&D community
Not even close, at least I hope.
This place is still kind of a shithole, if the other communities have it worse I don't even want to think about it.
It's good for quick, small feedback though, and it has all the benefits of anonymity (and drawbacks of course).

>> No.52753914

>>52753798
I do remember that thread, and both sides of the debate had valid points, while the OP bowed out of the argument fairly early, which prevented us from learning anything more about the circumstances of the campaign. Do you want to debate the "There were warning signs / there were not warning signs" aspect again?

>> No.52753924

>>52753798
>because it doesn't fit a narrative of what /tg/ "used to be"

You sound like the kind of person who is pretty hard in denial about how rules or even social rules stifle creativity which is a objective fact.


>"actually that was kind of a shitty thing to do as a GM"
As someone who actually was in that fucking thread a few years back I can tell you that they were a minority.
Meanwhile now every 2nd Thread is harping about how the DM has to perform backflips while bending over to accommodate everyone and their mothers at the table.

Its quite telling tho how even a tone-deaf dumbass like you noticed that /tg/ is not what its used to be.

>> No.52753982

>>52753751
No, wrong on so many levels.

1. Miscegenation is extraordinarily rare, even in the hyper-cucked society that we live in today. Less than .4% of whites are married to blacks in the United States, where blacks are a large minority. An ethnostate will A) have anti-miscegenation laws, B) reinforce the natural cultural stigma against miscegenation, and C) have a much smaller population of any potential racial minorities than the United States does.

2. An ethnostate has no compelling reason to prohibit emigration, though it will certainly control immigration. Perhaps some forms of ethnostate might want to go DPRK and shut off communication and interaction with the outside world, but this is completely unnecessary. The ethnostate I'd like to live in would have no such arbitrary restriction on interaction with the rest of the world.

3. "Muh economy" is a specter of a bygone era. Your considerations are juvenile even by the standards of the most basic bitch (((economists))). "Economic freedom" is a political buzzword. Even if an ethnostate for some reason decided to participate in an international market system, they would have no reason to use the insane, race to the bottom model of the United States or EU. They would adapt East Asian economic principles, in the fashion of Japan, S. Korea, and China, which effectively abolish all the braindead 'invisible hand' hogwash.

I feel like you're not 18 years or older. You certainly seem like a high school student. Stop shilling like a good goy and go learn about how the world actually works.

>> No.52753984

>>52753843
>You know when people bitch about /pol/? When someone starts ranting about niggers. When someone writes 3 paragraphs about why you are a degenerate for liking traps. When someone brings actual fucking politics into threads, bitching about Sanders/Hillary/whatever.

Right yet none of these were mentioned here and people still invoked /pol/.
You would assume that this fact would make you stop and think for a second there you delusional mong.

>> No.52754006

>>52753913
>Not even close, at least I hope.

Wizards board was never not shite. Doubly so Paizo. GitP has multiple nazimods, with their own fae mood charts. RPG.net... just ew. Random-ass Wordpress sites, tumblr blogs, etc aren't really fora for open discussion. Rebbit and Fark circlejerks are, well, circlejerks. I'm sure I'm forgetting several, but if they're forgettable how much better can they be?

>> No.52754007

>>52753699
Fucktards like you are why it got banned. Try being a little less thirsty.

>> No.52754028

>>52753913
The main issue, i believe, is that there are vanishingly few D&D communities which endure well over time. All of my classic hangouts from my college days (as far ago as those were) are now either defunct, or exist in a weird kind of police state under hyper-authoritarian moderation.

>> No.52754037

>>52753984
People were invoking /pol/ after some cunt cried about the "anti-nationalist trend on /tg/" (translation: a couple of users disagreed with me) and started calling everyone numales.

Fuck mate, of course they'll call you /pol/ when you use /pol/ buzzwords. The fuck do you expect

>> No.52754046

>>52754007

Besides, lewd already owns a good chunk of boardspace. Let's stick to cheesecake and borderLewd, and leave the rest to yellow boards.

>> No.52754047

>>52753699
Dude, /aco/ is like, three forums down. just type it into your browser bar.

And if you're really deviant, /trash/ is on the corner.

>> No.52754050

>>52753699
/tg/ is not your designated shitting street, anon.

>> No.52754063

>>52753924
>Meanwhile now every 2nd Thread is harping about how the DM has to perform backflips while bending over to accommodate everyone and their mothers at the table.

You misspelt "eternal spam of rule 0"

>> No.52754089

>>52754047
But muh "I don't even need other boards."

>> No.52754177

>>52754037
>People were invoking /pol/ after some cunt cried about the "anti-nationalist trend on /tg/" (translation: a couple of users disagreed with me)
Which I am not in the least surprised about with how every Myfarog-Thread goes.

>Fuck mate, of course they'll call you /pol/ when you use /pol/ buzzwords.
You are not even arguing with the same person you autistic aussie shitposter. Go get fucked by Emus, not even the Brits wanted you around.

I dont care whether some dude thinks he is a girl and writes an RPG about getting fucked in the ass by burly black man, nor do I care whether some dude is in jail for being an evil white supremacist, what I would like is hear about their fucking systems and if they are any good.

Yet as soon as someone mentions -4STR currently we get HERPADERPA /pol/ MUST HAVE DUN IT.

>> No.52754224

>>52753982

>"Economic freedom" is a political buzzword.

Things you don't understand are not automatically buzzwords.

>n ethnostate for some reason decided to participate in an international market system

it would have to or it would fail faster than it would otherwise. No nation can stand apart. That was the lesson of mercantilism and why we progressed beyond it.

>East Asian economic principles, in the fashion of Japan, S. Korea, and China

oh you foolish little child. Both S.Korea and Japan were fostered and developed by the US following the korean war and WW2 respectively and the US economic system greately influenced both countries. they wouldn't be where they are today otherwise, and china's growth can only be explained through it transitioning away from total communism. Bringing them up only bolsters my argument

> An ethnostate has no compelling reason to prohibit emigration...The ethnostate I'd like to live in would have no such arbitrary restriction on interaction with the rest of the world.

then it would fail as an ethnostate. as explained previously. the more open it is the more interaction there would be. The amount of race mixing is irrelevant, rather it is the restirctions that the government would be forced to put inot place to prevent these interactions that would limit and damage the economy. either the ethnostate would remain open and minorities would grow over time and demographics would shift or it would attempt to restrict this by enacting restrictions on interaction and movement that by necessity would have to affect everyone and limit the economy.

>> No.52754290

>>52754224
>minorities will grow over time and demographics would shift
>it is inevitable that the white man be replaced
You are a black-souled little gremlin. No more feeding you.

>> No.52754297

>>52754224
>Both S.Korea and Japan were fostered and developed by the US
And yet we only see the rampant Multiculturalism that you set as the default slate only in the US.

Neither the Koreans nor the Japanese embrace it and sure as fuck not the Chinese.

>> No.52754321

>>52754177
>Which I am not in the least surprised about with how every Myfarog-Thread goes.
[ignoring how your previous comment got BTFO intensifies[

>You are not even arguing with the same person you autistic aussie shitposter. Go get fucked by Emus, not even the Brits wanted you around.
Do you not understand how the English language works? "You" is a perfectly fine alternative to "one".
And fuck, what does it matter if you're the same guy or not? It doesn't change a thing: you still got BTFO about your cries how 'none of those things were mentioned'

>what I would like is hear about their fucking systems and if they are any good.
Then just read the .pdf that gets posted every time a Myfarog thread pops up which is every other day

>Yet as soon as someone mentions -4STR currently we get HERPADERPA /pol/ MUST HAVE DUN IT.
Firstly, >>52753490
Secondly, -4 STR is an ancient fucking joke here, and people jokingly referred to /pol/ ages back, not just since last year

>> No.52754341

>>52754089
That's for, like, advice on hiding a body. We're still a blue board. It's not very far afield for the red boards man! and you're always welcome back here, after you use a tissue.

>> No.52754423

>>52754321
>[ignoring how your previous comment got BTFO intensifies[
>you still got BTFO about your cries how 'none of those things were mentioned'

I take things that never happened for 500 please!

>Firstly, >>52753490
Firstly, what you said in this post is still wrong no matter how many times you refer to it. You pretending this to be a fact does not make it so. Learn it, child.

>Secondly, -4 STR is an ancient fucking joke here, and people jokingly referred to /pol/ ages back, not just since last year
No. They started to overwhelmingly invoke /pol/ for no fucking reason in nearly every single thread on /tg/ no longer than 2 years ago.
Sure, sometimes people would bitch about /pol/ but for fucks sake but not in nearly every fucking thread as they do now.

>> No.52754522

>>52754423
>I take things that never happened for 500 please!
I am pretty sure that you did in fact say that "X didn't happen" while X clearly did happen, as pointed out.

>Firstly, what you said in this post is still wrong no matter how many times you refer to it
You literally wrote "HERPADERPA /pol/ MUST HAVE DUN IT.", trademark childish "I'll repeat what they say or make up what they say except I say it in a silly or retarded fashion to mock them. I don't have to pretend for it to be fact, it's right there on your screen.

>No. They started to overwhelmingly invoke /pol/ for no fucking reason in nearly every single thread on /tg/ no longer than 2 years ago.
Sure, sometimes people would bitch about /pol/ but for fucks sake but not in nearly every fucking thread as they do now.
They invoke it just as much as ever.
They DO however invoke it a shitton outside of it, but again: BECAUSE YOU KEEP BRINGING /POL/ SHIT INTO THREADS

>> No.52754578

>>52754341
But it is constantly used to justify retarded shit like Bitches for Thulsa Doom. It is abused harder than the heavily abused Keen Rule.

>> No.52754714

>>52754522
>I am pretty sure that you did in fact say that "X didn't happen" while X clearly did happen, as pointed out.
I am pretty sure you should re-read those posts.

>"I'll repeat what they say or make up what they say except I say it in a silly or retarded fashion to mock them. I don't have to pretend for it to be fact, it's right there on your screen.
Yes and what you said is still wrong. Good work figuring that out, reddit.

>They invoke it just as much as ever.
And this is exactly why you are delusional. I am not sure why because pretty much everyone can see it, otherwise people wouldn't be so annoyed by it.

>They DO however invoke it a shitton outside of it, but again: BECAUSE YOU KEEP BRINGING /POL/ SHIT INTO THREADS
Yeah sure, if you are from Tumblr or reddit I am pretty sure that everything slightly to the right of you must look like /pol/.

>> No.52754809

>>52754714
>I am pretty sure you should re-read those posts.
Cute
>Yes and what you said is still wrong.
"HERPADERPA /pol/ MUST HAVE DUN IT" doesn't fit the description of "say what they say except retarded"?

Good work figuring that out, reddit.
HERPADERPA REDDIT MUST HAVE DUN IT

> I am not sure why because pretty much everyone can see it, otherwise people wouldn't be so annoyed by it.
Right back at you: Everyone can see you're wrong, that's why people keep bashing /pol/faggots for acting like they're victims
Archive exists, you know. Not that you'll check out the stats, you'd prefer to play a victim. Funny you mention Tumblr, you'd fit right in.

>Yeah sure, if you are from Tumblr or reddit I am pretty sure that everything slightly to the right of you must look like /pol/.
Now you're just going in circles, we already went over this

>> No.52754812

>>52754297

>Neither the Koreans
Immigration and interracial marriage, in south korea has been increasing for decades. while the population is small it is still increasing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_South_Korea#Interracial_marriage


>nor the Japanese embrace it
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/02/26/its-official-japans-population-is-drastically-shrinking/?utm_term=.0fbabb1276f1

and japan is suffer some of the problems of attempting to maintain a homogenous population


>fuck not the Chinese.
Ethnic diversity is in the eye of the beholder.
China has over 56 ethnic minority groups that equal about 10 percent of the population. It simply goes to show your ignorance. And regardless, immigration into china has actually been increasing since 1973. Notably there is not a not insignificant population of african-chinese in china.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immigration_to_China#Africans_in_Guangzhou

Regarldess my main point is not that Ethnic Majorities are not possible, rather that states without ethnic mixing ( which would be essential to maintaining an ethnostate) are not possible to maintain over long periods.

All three of your examples have minority populations with ethnic groups mixing. If your ethnostate permitted this it would inevitably undermine that state. Your ethnostate couldn't permit the exclusion it would need and survive

>> No.52754868

>>52754714
Anything to the right of me isn't /pol/, but going full REEEEEEEEE about trannies and KANGS posting is.

>> No.52754888

>>52753982
>~-~-~hyper-cucked-~-~-~

>> No.52755104

>>52754809
>>>/pol/ means get your real world politics out of my talk about elf slaves and pauldron marines. If the Berniebros hijacked threads as incessantly as you did they'd get told to >>>/pol/ just as frequently as you do. Cool your persecution complex.

>> No.52755163

>>52754868
Not that anon, but I agree with your statement. Anything to either extreme (be it KANGS or REEEEEEEEEE GENDER NEUTRALITY IN MY ANCIENT ROME GAME!!!!!) is fucking /pol/ in my books.

>> No.52755238

>>52755104
I think you reacted to the wrong post, mate
But as I sidenote: Bernie or Hillarysupporters got told to fuck off to reddit or tumblr plenty of times as well.
Perhaps not as often, but that's because people are just getting real fucking tired of /pol/

>> No.52755265

>>52754006
>Defending /tg/ isn't a circling asshole of no return.
Oh god here we go...

>Agree 90%

Huh. Well shit. Even if I disagree with some of your stuff that still leaves /tg/ in the top 5. Everywhere else is just much worse.
So weird to a NOT have a top shit tier board on 4chan of all places.

>> No.52755342

>>52755104
>>52755163
>>52755238
>be it KANGS or REEEEEEEEEE GENDER NEUTRALITY IN MY ANCIENT ROME GAME!!!!!) is fucking /pol/ in my books.

So there you have the proof that you are the cancer killing /tg/ yet you are somehow convinced otherwise.
Invoking /pol/ for no reason and people laughing about memes you do not like IS invoking /pol/ for no reason summons people who call you fucks SJWs.

Its mind-boggling that you are too dumb to understand that YOU are the ones ruining threads.

>> No.52755392

>>52753338
The site owner now sent them to their own cancer board, so that seems pretty goddamn irrelevant.

>> No.52755403

>>52755342
>Its mind-boggling that you are too dumb to understand that YOU are the ones ruining threads.
I am ruining my own threads by wanting to stay on-topic, and not have it shat on by constant WEWUZ spamming? Oh, I am woefully sorry anon, I finally see the light!

It doesn't fucking end at a single meme at the start of the thread you dense cunt. Want to talk about some old african kingdoms? Too bad, you have your thread derailed by some cunt on a personal mission to educate you on the inferiority of blacks

>"That never happened"
Oh I guess I never made that thread then, must've dreamt it.

>> No.52755435

I do wonder how much of the /pol/ shit on the board comes from actual /pol/ posters rather than faggots from place like reddit who mainly know 4chan by repuation spamming racist memes to fit in.

>> No.52755454

>>52755435
Don't mean to suggest that this is most of it. I'm sure there's plenty of /pol/ kool aid guzzlers leaking from their containment board.

>> No.52755503

>>52755342
You're a fucking idiot. It's one thing when "Did you know Africans had a kingdom? WE WUZ KANGS", it's another when people actually believe the fucking meme. That's were my problem comes in. When people actually believe the shit their spewing. The same can be said with the SJWs who push their ideologies down other's throats. Personally, this guy >>52755435 probably has the answer here.

>> No.52755510

>>52755435
I can tell you one thing: the majority of the /pol/posters leaking towards other boards are really fucking new.
They either came since
a) The GamerGate fiasco, bringing 4chan and specifically /v/ and /pol/ into the picture (with those who went to /v/ leaving towards /pol/ because /v/ started to fucking hate that shit)
b) The /r/TheDonald shutdown

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action