Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.49736510 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

So I was learning how to DM deathwatch for a group of my friends, we where about to finish high school and go to university and I thought the holidays in between would give us a chance to play, the group had always been interested in trying a table top RPG and a few of us where big into 40k, picked deathwatch just because space marines might be an easier jumping on point.

Anyways, no sooner do I inform the group that I've not only been nice enough to make sheets and characters for them but I've also got the rules downpat the group suddenly informed me while I had spent two months figuring this shit out they'd all got boyfriends or girlfriends

Long story short:
Now I'm just writing shitty 40k fanfic using the character sheets and trying to figure out how the campaigns would have gone. Does anyone else do this?

>> No.49736795

>>49736510
rpgsolo.com

>> No.49736818

>>49736510
>Does anyone else do this?
I've certainly thought about it, but I've never gone far enough to actually put pen to paper.

How good's your writing, btw?

>> No.49737022

>>49736818
Well I like to think I'm okay but I'm still in training, actually in a scriptwriting course at Uni, the best feel when I can use DnD or Deathwatch stories as my "OC"

>> No.49738836

>>49736510
That's fucked up man, especially if you informed them in advance that you were gonna prepare all that stuff. What does having gfs/bfs got to do with playing tho?

I did something similar, I started reading into D&D during august to play with a friend of mine (we always do that kind of shit together first and then see if we like it enough to get more people). I didn't inform him until September when we met up again: turns out the crazy sonofabitch had spent about 200$ on D&D boardgames/starter sets, because he had no time to read and he thought we could start from there and gradually get into the pen&paper. Mind you, all this happened because before we split up for the summer he asked me in a drunken stupor if I wanted us to get into p&p and I answered "I don't know dude, we'll see"
I fucking love that guy (no homo)

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action