Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 143 KB, 420x420, e0b304d9189b0657f8b8048b35c1f13f.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49695396 No.49695396 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

I'm a bit of a new DM, did my first WoD VTM campaign... Not my best experience but I wanna get better and maybe kick a player. Advice? I'd love to hear some of your tips for creating/moving/playing the story :)

>New to DMing. Everyone knows this.
>Been a PC in a lot of DnD but WoD is completely new for me.
>tell everyone we will do basic characters to start. no crazy stuff or non-Camerilla clans in the start.
>Spend a ton of time reading core-book and making campaign.
>Players are mostly old friends. (playing online)
>One person is new to the group, we will call him Joe.
> Joe is friends with our autistic-douche friend.(douche friend is great to play games with though.)
>Joe has played many times before and knows a lot.
> think he'll be a good resource when lost; help me get into it.
>NOPE
>fucking douche canoe.
>hijacks the whole campaign.
>interrupts me before I can finish any sentences.
>takes way too much out-of-game time to talk about irrelevant shit.
>won't let me continue
>interrupts me
>interrupts players
>is being scrupulous as fuck.
>20 minutes pass to recite the setting through his bullshit.
>jesus he won't stop.
>RPs completely out of character too.
>gets pissy I won't let him be in the quadro-dyke fartkin broney clan because IDK what I'm doing yet.
>REMIND him that I'm new to this whole DM thing, let alone WoD, and we are starting with some basic dudes, and can advance later.
>game ends with everyone kind of pissed; story gets nowhere. idk when I'll get this opportunity again.

Jesus what do I do?? If I kick him, it's gonna cause some llama-drama but for fucksakes!
Maybe my plot wasn't super strong but I'm still so new to WoD and DMing. :(

>> No.49695426
File: 557 KB, 1014x3387, 10TGCommandmandmentsForGMS.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>49695396

>> No.49695447
File: 1.23 MB, 1235x2892, GoodDMs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>49695426

>> No.49695475

>>49695396
Honestly? Kick him. The drama will be over in some days, a month if you're unlucky, but being stuck in a game you can't even run is horrible.

>> No.49695562

>>49695396
Talk it out with the rest of your players and then, if they feel the same way, talk to the problem player about these problems you have with him being a douchenozzle, then kick him out if he doesn't get better, with the rest of the group.

>> No.49695849

>>49695562
This
Also, you can try directly talking with him outside of the game.

>>is being scrupulous as fuck.
>>20 minutes pass to recite the setting through his bullshit.
I did not parse this.

>> No.49695918

>>49695396
Here have this too.

>> No.49696382

>>49695849
Hard to describe. It started off as asking a lot of questions about things in his environment so he could gauge what he could/couldn't do. That was fine, I sort of expect as much. but then it got super tedious, and he would interrupt my descriptions halfway every time I opened my mouth. (the start is a little cliche, i know it but...)

My plan:
>"You wake up in an unfamiliar room in a bed of gold satin sheets; it seems as though you've been moved in your sleep. You are alone. It's dark save for a solitary light that hangs flickering from the low ceiling. There are no windows, only a door left slightly ajar.

Now imagine that every 3 or 4 words he interrupted to either ask a question.
>"You wake up in an unfa-*DM_ANON DO WE TAKE 1 BLOODPOINT?*
>uhh, no. you are well fed it seems. So you wake up in an unfami-*DM ANON EVERY TIME A VAMP RISES IT TAKES A POINT*
>yes, but this is a situation different from normal, for you have awoken in an unfa-*DM_ANON I CHECK IF IT'S NIGHT OR DAY!
>Well, vampires only wake at night, ri-*DM ANON BUT WHAT ABOUT [lore I don't know].
>Okay, but you are just a fledgling now, so ancient [lore] does*DM_ANON DOES THE ROOM HAVE ANY WINDOWS?"
>I haven't said where you are, but yet a room, there are no windows. It's a small room, and you lay on a bed of *DM_ANON, WHAT IS THE BED QUALITY? THREAD COUNT? MY TRUEDOR WILL ONLY SLEEP ON 5,000COUNT"
>It's a nice bed, but it's not your own, for you see, you ha"DM_ANON...!

took me like ten minutes to even say where the hell he was, and the other players kept getting butted out when they tried to do stuff. I expected them to maybe take a collective 10 minutes before walking out of this plain empty room, max. Took me almost 20 just to be able to describe the room. He kept trying to "1-up" me in vampire rules and lore and such. Not even trying to be helpful, but scoffing me for what I didn't know... despite how I told everyone It's my first time.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action