Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 18 KB, 225x225, 10520551_1520019531588045_7384937987681685507_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49308322 No.49308322 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

RP confessions thread:

>I don't like actually playing D&D, but I love being the GM

>I once gave my players a deck of many things, all the cards were the void card

>I consider slaughtering the entire party an okay way to have to party learn how to play D&D

>> No.49308347
File: 638 KB, 1280x720, nahoorangejuice.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49308347

I don't like playing a character either anon it's okay. I wish I did though since it basically means that if I don't feel like dming, I won't have any way to have fun. Or maybe I'm just in a slump. Fuck I need to get over this bout with depression.

>> No.49308374

>>49308347

it'll be okay DM-kun, I'm sure things will get better

>> No.49308479

I don't like dnd either, but my friends insist. So I dm the least bad edition for them.

I make everything up as I go along, because prep work is so tedious when you hate the system.

I've started fudging every, and I mean every roll.

>> No.49308522
File: 138 KB, 405x688, 0077.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49308522

>>49308322
>I sometimes wing entire sessions
>Then I can't remember the names of the NPCs or the plot twists the next time 'cause it was all ad hoc

I'm kinda sorry-not-sorry, it's still fun this way.

>> No.49308542

>>49308479

I just enjoy the story-telling aspect of being a GM, and I enjoy my players having fun, whenever I do actually play I just try to kill things in the most rube goldberg way possible

>> No.49311646

>>49308322
>I once gave my players a deck of many things, all the cards were the void card
That's a Deck of One Thing, faggot.

>> No.49311716

I once made a character to prove to my little brother the supremacy of pure casters. His warmage vs my wizard. We did a half dozen mock duels and I killed him with the same spell every time. [Spoiler]thank you defenistrating sphere[/spoiler]

>> No.49311891

>>49308522
I only have good sessions when I wing it, I'm a shit story crafter.

>> No.49311998

>>49311891
I spent hours writing a session and my players bitched about it afterwards because there were so many moving parts and they failed almost all of them. .

I winged the session last time and they all loved it begged me to do more like that. Mostly praising the story. I was triggered.

>> No.49312043

>>49308522
Are you me? I keep trying to remember to write the names down but it always comes down to me trying to get the player to ask about the NPC by name to make them appear again.

>> No.49312091
File: 81 KB, 398x326, 132376652014.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49312091

I don't enjoy GMing, but I'm the only one in my group diligent enough to pull together the prepwork (let alone a base understanding of the rules) and get us together to actually play. I enjoy interacting with my friends, and they say that I run sessions well, but I don't get satisfaction out of roleplaying the NPCs and moving the gears of the world, just an assload of stress every week. The main enjoyable part is dropping cool or terrible things on them for their reactions.

>> No.49312134

>>49308322
I really don't like one of my two GMs, but the one I like, the one who's GMing style I work better with, is leaving soon. So I'm thinking of trying to host a game at some point, finally stop relying on others to do something I'd love to see play out. At this point I've GMed before, and it wasn't that hard.

>> No.49312263

I despise half the players at my table and want them gone. They are here for beer-and-pretzels game, and they are actively dragging the campaign down to thelr level. Things would be much better without them.

>> No.49312660

>>49308322
I stall for time when writing by BSing slice-of-life sections in the middle of an investigation-heavy campaign.
>The players like the slice-of-life more than the actual adventure.

I refuse to use standard RPG-fare monsters because I hate the meta and want to give incentive for knowledge skills. 90% of monsters I use are made the fuck up.

The last two times I played as a character, I:
1. Seduced the GM in-character, knowing that she liked yaoi way too much
2. Called a different DM out at an Adventurer's League session for being garbage and only regarded as "good" by fat autistic neckbeards who wanted to dick her. (One of those bitches who threatens "lightning damage" for not working on-script and doesn't even let you loot the pelt of a deer with GOLD FOR FUR to use as a sick-ass cape.)

>> No.49312779

I fudge my rolls when I GM.

>> No.49313002

>>49308322
>I consider slaughtering the entire party an okay way to have to party learn how to play D&D
Whenever I teach a system I run a one-shot. Since we won't need the characters after the one-shot I have no problems having most or all of the party killed off.

>> No.49315799

I've never played an RPG my entire life and only browse /tg/ after randomly discovering it a couple of years ago, though I will probably opt in for a random beginner friendly game on roll20 soon and see how it goes.

>> No.49315848

I'm fucking awful at making and running encounters. In any game. Can't do DM-side combat to save my ass.

>> No.49315930

I worry constantly that my GMing and worldbuilding isn't good enough. My players all seem to think it's great and have told me as much, but I'm pretty sure they're lying.

>> No.49316158

I've never finished an RPG campaign in my life as a GM, because after the first or second session we miss a session for the week and then nobody attends and then people lose interest and then whenever I attempt to set a new campaign nobody trusts me anymore with GMing but still won't make their own game so I'll probably abandon the hobby without ever getting to have fun with it.

>> No.49317508

>>49315799
>on roll20
Wrong choice. Prepare for an ass-raping.

>> No.49317550

>>49317508
I've always had a high threshold for people with "difficult" personalities and I feel confident in my abilities to handle them just fine

I really hope I get weirdos because I feel like them being awkward or weird or whatever would balance out my own awkwardness

>> No.49317571

>>49308322

>I'm a shitty RPer
>I use D&D as an excuse to hang out with other humans

>> No.49317663

>>49308322
This dude RP'd so well and is just a far cry from any other potential this guy and kept it up the entire game I may have fallen in love with him AND his character.
The young elven prince he agreed to bodyguard the next campaign might just be a bit on the amorous side for his ruggedly charming mercbro

>> No.49317855

>>49308322
I'm losing patience with a couple members of my campaign. I made it very clear about the tone, style, pace, and media the setting was going to be based from and they bring in murderhobos who's only depth of character is "i attack it". Out of character one is constantly waving their dick about how they could take any of the other characters in a fight, and the other constantly metagaming wether it be other conversations they werent a part of or monster stats. One even openly admits they "only" take the highest tiered feats/classes is to off set their "bad luck" at rolling.

I try my hardest to make balanced encounters for them, but it never works out. Like most systems, the balanced encounter charts/resources fall apart very quickly or dont account for enough factors and ultimately make fights cake walks. When i spice things up even a little bit be it terrain, action economy, immunities/weaknesses, or minor support it edges too far against them. The combat is largely non-lethal and mostly for sport, so i dont feel so bad about it but i always get complaints from my problem players. Weve talked about how they over specialized their charactera in areas that wont come up often, but they seem to think that shouldnt count against them.

>> No.49321201

I like DMing but I really want to play a PC sometime, but I'm also afraid if someone else DMs, my players will want them to DM from now on.

>> No.49321227

I want to DM, but I've never done tabletop roleplay as a player, and I feel I need that experience. No one would want to play with me, anyway, though.

>> No.49321259
File: 45 KB, 228x233, 1462053905913.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49321259

>>49308322
I currently play a lolrandumb insane character.

Somehow I still wound up being the party's straight man. I don't know how it turned out like this.

>> No.49321299

>>49308322
You sound like the guy who introduced my group to D&D, he DMs about 66% of the time, and any time he is a player he just seems wholly disinterested in what is going on. He loves throwing the deck at us and we love drawing from it but I don't remember any one ever getting Void.

>> No.49321579

>>49308322
I'm the groups forever dm, and honestly I'm sick of half the players. They drink before the game starts when we wargame and are utterly incapable of paying attention during the game, It's fucking exhausting trying to rally their attention over and over again. especially since 1/2 to 2/3rds of the players (we have people that don't make it every week) seem to really enjoy playing the game.

>> No.49321627

>>49321259
this happened to me as well.
how the fuck did this happen.

>> No.49321701

>>49321627
In my case, a large part of it was probably that most of the players can't roleplay past [alignment] stupid.

The Paladin has actual Aspergers and couldn't diplomat his way out of a paper bag, the barbarian has an intelligence of 6 and is intent on becoming the god of beef (because he's a minotaur), the mage and warlock barely talk outside of combat, and the bard is constantly caught up in spreading the myth that they're the 'greatest swordsman in the world' at the cost of a lot of other stuff.

Granted, the bard is actually pretty good, they just manage to be a lot more flamboyant than I ever did.

Meanwhile my character just wants to pour a flask of acid down the BBEG's throat because that fucker shorted him payment. Out of just about everyone I somehow have the most grounded character motivation in the party, save the paladin who is still absolutely boneheaded.

>> No.49321739

>>49312091
this

>> No.49321766

I don't like playing. I can only barely tolerate playing my grumpDwarf in an old AD&D game. I thought I was getting burned out ,but I don't think it's because I'm GMing too much.

>> No.49321871
File: 805 KB, 500x375, tumblr_lyrz9nA8XX1ros4yoo1_500.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49321871

I actively do things I know the rest of the party will hate both IC and OOC despite knowing it'll get them legitimately pissed in both cases.

I actively try to get characters that I don't like killed by any hand other than my own, be it PC or NPC. Albeit relatively subtly.

I'm 96% sure that I'm my group's That Guy (and seen as such) and I'm just waiting to hear the GM or one of the other players to tell me to fuck off and never come back.

Not an RP confession but I'm pretty sure everyone I know hates me and only put up with me out of either pity or something similar.

>> No.49321948

>>49321701
What's it like having an Asp player? I've seen it a few times before

>> No.49321998
File: 15 KB, 201x247, 1433593501547.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49321998

The details I make up when I create a setting are always either too big or too small for my players to ever notice. It's either the contested borders of countries they'll never visit or a trivial folk legend from a fishing village they might have passed through.

I use random elements in everything I create as to avoid contrivance.

If I spent half as much time writing important things as I did making randomized tables then I would be an infinitely better GM.

The way I GM a game goes something like this:
>Pick out an idea from from one of the dozens that I have thought about but never use.
>Bullshit my way through a session, usually little to no combat, just setting up stuff. (I have a system for randomizing plot and setting elements which usually gives me something to work with.)
>After the session, retroactively write in reasons for everything that happened, determine, start writing the adventure they were supposed to be on one session after it starts.
>Run the next session with an idea of where its going. This is usually a more combat-heavy session until the players get to the next part I planned out. Important combats I might build myself, everything else I leave to random encounter tables I devise.
>Rinse and repeat ad infintum

This can actually end up creating pretty organic adventures where everything has its place, but it's all natural enough so as not to feel contrived. That doesn't excuse me from having a lazy, shitty method, though.

>> No.49322102
File: 345 KB, 1600x1200, 234544.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49322102

>>49321948
He's got a relatively mild case. Mostly he doesn't understand how to RP dialogue with any impact and has a habit of trying plans that would work well if it wasn't for some glaringly obvious flaw that he just always forgets about.

For example: We're trying to stop the dwarfs and orcs from killing the shit out each other at the moment. The paladin tries to blend in to the dwarf army to avoid being seen by the officers (since we're ~80% sure there's a splinter faction in their army who's largely to blame for the current conflict).

Except he's an aasimar. Not only is he two feet taller than everyone else, he glows like a fucking Christmas tree, and it's the middle of the night. When he's approached by one of the officers (who legitimately just wants his input on something) he basically goes:

>"Uh..."
>activates his angel wings made of crimson fire
>flies to the other end of the column
>pretends like nothing happened

He did this twice.


Slightly less obvious, but still very stupid, he tried to challenge a warlock to a duel on his first game. The problem was that he agreed to start the duel at 30 paces and had totally fucking skipped spells during his character creation. So he was a paladin with no spells at 30 paces against a warlock who was three levels higher than him. You can guess how this went.

Considering the rest of the party, his character isn't really that out of place. The problem is that the rest of us are trying to be silly and he does it all on accident.

>> No.49322115

>>49308322
I talked shit about 5e, 3.5 and PF with only very little to no experience.

Now I am playing in a 5e campaign. And it's going okay.

>> No.49322443

>>49321627
You like playing the opposite of other people. but when everyone is The Joker. there is no balance so you pull yourself back to sane, to be the opposite

>> No.49322497

>>49308322
I hate my player half the time. I don't give them anything until they give me their blood sweat and tears. and then I only give them half of what they wanted.

>> No.49322723

>I hate D&D but I believe myself to be an excellent world builder and fantasy author, therefore I DM so I get to show off and be the center of attention

Fucking all of /tg/ I swear

>> No.49323315
File: 29 KB, 633x758, 1408543297950-559d0048a8f5a.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49323315

>>49322497
>I don't give them anything until they give me their blood sweat and tears. and then I only give them half of what they wanted.
>I only give them half of what they wanted.
YOU MONSTER

>> No.49323708

>>49321871
>Not an RP confession but I'm pretty sure everyone I know hates me and only put up with me out of either pity or something similar.
I don't know you or your issues, but I've met Eeyores and Secret Eeyores and being certain everyone won't like you is the finest example of a self-fulfilling prophecy.
Lighten up.

>> No.49323717 [DELETED] 

>>49308322
I talked shit about 5e, 3.5 and Pf even though I didnt have a lot of experience.

Now I play in a 5e campaign. It is okay.

>> No.49323729

>>49308322
I legitimately like 3.5 and pathfinder. The fact that I have no other choices does not bother me.

>> No.49323740

>>49323315
>>I only give them half of what they wanted.
>YOU MONSTER
Why is this monstrous?
Oh, you wanted a puppy didn't you?

>> No.49323836
File: 54 KB, 750x500, cachorro-bulldog-ingles-sin-patas.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49323836

>>49323740

>> No.49324172

>>49313002
>>49308322
Killing a new party because they fucked up does teach a lesson. If they are all killed because they didn't have someone to find traps next time they all will have the right tools.

>> No.49324201

>>49323836
Do you want your half chopped symmetrically or just the front of it?

>> No.49324237
File: 24 KB, 321x322, 1473287735639.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49324237

I've been banging my DM's little sister behind his back for over a year now

>> No.49324411

>>49308322
>I don't like actually playing D&D, but I love being the GM

Obviously a shitty GM isn't going to enjoy playing. How can you get your god complex fix then ? Likewise you know the games you run are shitfests to strike your ego so you assume everygame is like that and don't want to play in them as a result.

>> No.49324442

>>49308347
This too shall pass, DMate.

>> No.49324458

>>49321948
Had one in an online game before.

In our setting, angels are generally asexual creatures who very super rarely fall in love with humans who embody human kindness - their children generally are like their angel parent.

She literally saw nothing wrong with having her half-angel character laugh mockingly and make a "cool one liner" as someone burned to death. Someone who had been changed against their will into a monster and by this point she was made aware they weren't in their right mind. There were strong hints the condition could be reversed too. She set them on fire instead.

She took the "redemption path" placidly, though. And never let the (sometimes nasty) comments of some of the other players get to her. I always felt awful that I didn't step up to tell people to knock it off more, but I didn't actually know what autism/Asp was until years after the game folded.

(I'm sure I've played with plenty who also fell into that spectrum, but she was a standout case.)

>> No.49324491

>>49324237
>meanwhile in a magical world of fantasy beyond anon's wildest imagination

>> No.49324537

>>49324237
Story time

>> No.49324591

>>49315848
Are you making the encounters too easy or too hard?

>> No.49324611

>>49317855
You shouldn't beat yourself up too much for planning an encounter that your PCs have has to retreat from. If they try to fight to the death against someThing mostly immune to what they've got, they're dummies. Give them a knowledge roll to realize they need to retreat and come back with 'silver bullets'

>> No.49324690

I left a play group because I started to develop a crush on a married man. Possibly primarily because he was a fucking good player who decided his character's entire motivation was to be noticed by my character and all the fucked up things he was doing was in the pursuit of that goal.

Since I know that IC happenings have (or rather, should have) no bearings on OOC and I am not a homewrecker, I decided it was wiser to just distance myself from the group since I was starting to become concerned about whether I was imagining he was flirting with me OOC or not.

He was probably just being friendly. But he did admit that his character (a total piece of shit) was based on how he was as a teenager. And his character was literally going behind his wife's back to fuck my character. Better safe than sorry.

>> No.49324786
File: 644 KB, 929x648, tmp_17487-14733244659631072098311.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49324786

>>49324690
I fucking knew women went for older bad boy assholes. At least you did your best to resist the allure of a married man.

Why not go for one of the nice guys in your group who would love and protect you?

>> No.49325171

>>49312660
>Seduced the GM in-character, knowing that she liked yaoi way too much
What? Do you mean you seduced her NPC?

>> No.49325185
File: 557 KB, 1014x3387, 10TGCommandmandmentsForGMS.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49325185

>>49312779
Not a sin.

Post something legit or gtfo

>> No.49325264

>>49324690
Not a sin. gtfo

>> No.49325268

>>49325185

Yes it is. Fudging is pure shit tier GMing. Instead of rules, consistency and player choice deciding the outcome how the GM feels decides it which ironically is far more random and unpredictable than dice.

Why evem bother rolling dice or having mechanics if you play like this? Just tell your players that you decide when they hit and miss and you decide when they get hit and enjoy your game of make believe/dungeon world.

>> No.49325337
File: 110 KB, 350x377, 14658579653.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49325337

>>49325268
I am legitimately sad that /tg/ is turning in such a shithole.
Have you even read the 10 commandments? It's because if you leave Everything to the dice, eventually it Will bite you in the ass.

Let's say the players step up to the evil lieutenant of the main villain, who through a very lucky crit manages to one-shot/knock out one of the party members and rolls godlike for the next few rounds. He eventually dies, but the party is now at half their original strenght because of bad luck alone.
Then the main villain shows up with the army of mooks that he has -which you had said that accompanied him and now you can't back out of- and cleans up the rest of the party. TPK.

The fight is dry and unsatisfying, just like the forced ending of the campaign, all because instead of giving them a good challenge, you let the enemies curbstomp them without any mercy.

tl;dr: you are pic related and a hater. And you're definitely no nigga of mine.

>> No.49325453

>>49308322
DMing for me is kinda hit-or-miss, the problem is, when playing, if it isn't Forgotten Realms or a setting I've read and are knowledgeable enough (I don't meta), I just can seem to get invested in the game world, so I end up bored.

I just want a prince neckbeard to come and take me to Greyhawk or even, I dunno, Baldur's Gate like its supposed to be.

>> No.49325481

>>49325337
You've described a scenario where , without any form of fiat just through playing the game, the players have a reason to both hate and fear the main villain if his lieutenant can do that sort of damage. That's awesome, the dead players can make new characters and the surviving ones can work out a plot for vengeance with serious motivation now.

As for the TPK a wise party would run away once they have lost half their number. If they don't then the TPK is their fault ( although they might get lucky themselves and crit the villain to death or whatever which would be awesome as well) Obviously though parties with GM's who fudge never consider retreat an option because they never lose any fights as they get magically saved at the last minute by gm fiat. See ? It self perptuates its own bullshit to justify itself .

Seriously there's no point even playing the game if you're going to fudge. It means there's no challenge, no tension , no engagement ,no player agency , no meaningful choices, no point in tactics just a series of encounters you can never lose. Dull as fuck.

I mean why should a party in this sort of game ever try say stealthily creeping into the villains castle? They may as well just storm the front gates since they are invincible beings blessed by the gods of luck never to die.

>> No.49325561
File: 47 KB, 630x473, 1565498153.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49325561

>>49325481
>That's awesome, the dead players can make new characters and the surviving ones can work out a plot for vengeance with serious motivation now.
Yeah, that Lich that now has the macguffin to destroy the whole world will totally let another group of heroes stop him, now that he is basically at the end of his quest to bring death to everything.

>As for the TPK a wise party would run away once they have lost half their number.
Why shouldn't the main villain chase them down and kill them all? This is where you cry "DM FIAT!" by the way.

>If they don't then the TPK is their fault
Let's assume they run. Let's also assume the lich doesn't have <10 Int and gives chase to kill them off before they can regroup and be a threat for him again. Time for dice: if the players are lucky, they get away. If they are unlucky, they are wiped out.

>never lose any fights as they get magically saved at the last minute by gm fiat.
Please, at least pretend to have read what I posted before. It's rule 6 of the 10 commandments.

>Seriously there's no point even playing the game if you're going to fudge. It means there's no challenge, no tension , no engagement ,no player agency , no meaningful choices, no point in tactics just a series of encounters you can never lose. Dull as fuck.
Says you. You just never had a GM good enough that you could tell whether or not he is fudging the dice or not.

>I mean why should a party in this sort of game ever try say stealthily creeping into the villains castle? They may as well just storm the front gates since they are invincible beings blessed by the gods of luck never to die.
The retardation never ends.

>> No.49325603 [DELETED] 
File: 142 KB, 760x596, Fruitviking.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49325603

>>49325171
>Start telling a very convincing lie to the NPC about actually working for his megacorp
>the GM was like, "this is in a room where the rest of you [PCs] don't actually know what's going on."
>Other players left the room.
>I wasn't getting the information I wanted
>I still needed to buy about 30 minutes for our megacorp's extraction team to pick up this guy.
>I need a plan.
>Pic related
>Take the seduction route, knowing that the GM is not only into yaoi, but specifically likes hot young salaryman-on-salaryman action
>"His hands are behind his back. Yours should be behind the chair."
>Puts her hands behind the chair
>Whispers into her ear "Why not have a little fun while we're here?"
>I've gone full method acting
>Making out ensues
>I pull back, and say "and then, they fucked."
>I get the info I was after.

It helped that I had already done so with her, and we were already in the "are they dating?" phase.

Funny thing is that outside of method acting, I have very little confidence.

>> No.49325636
File: 48 KB, 176x298, Fruitviking.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49325636

>>49325171
>Start telling a very convincing lie to the NPC about actually working for his megacorp
>the GM was like, "this is in a room where the rest of you [PCs] don't actually know what's going on."
>Other players left the room.
>I wasn't getting the information I wanted
>I still needed to buy about 30 minutes for our megacorp's extraction team to pick up this guy.
>I need a plan.
>Pic related
>Take the seduction route, knowing that the GM is not only into yaoi, but specifically likes hot young salaryman-on-salaryman action
>"His hands are behind his back. Yours should be behind the chair."
>Puts her hands behind the chair
>Whispers into her ear "Why not have a little fun while we're here?"
>I've gone full method acting
>Making out ensues
>I pull back, and say "and then, they fucked."
>I get the info I was after.

It helped that I had already done so with her, and we were already in the "are they dating?" phase.

Funny thing is that outside of method acting, I have very little confidence.

>> No.49325638

>>49325481
>They may as well just storm the front gates since they are invincible beings blessed by the gods of luck never to die.
Its a 2 way street. You can fudge the dice and they get rekt for being dumb. I never understand why people immediately assume roll fudging means the GM turns on easy mode. You use it at moments where a certain outcome results in max fun. If the party being slaughtered and needing to retreat is fun for them then why possibley deny them that by having dice decide an encounter and it ends up they sweep the fight? You made the world why just toss away control? Sure rolling gives you great basis for challenge but it should never overtake the enjoyment of a party. If you don't have fun the same way as your party find a new one.

>> No.49325641 [DELETED] 

>>49325603
You might want to consider deleting the pic.

I've been banned for less.

>> No.49325658
File: 180 KB, 445x290, ASSuming.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49325658

>>49325638
It's because autist-anon "fudging is bad REEEEEEE" assumes that any GM that is not him only ever makes bad judgement calls.

>> No.49325678

>I don't like GMing because I feel like there's a lot of responsibility on my solders and I hate the feeling when the players show me that I've fucked up.
>I hate making maps in roll20 but I refuse to use someone else's maps because I think that's just being lazy.
>I hate it when people are critical of my PCs unless it's just a character who I didn't put any effort in.
>I don't like playing as casters because I don't like having to relay on them failing their saves and low to mid levels I have to fight along side marshal anyway. I also hate having to fill out my spell list.

I have worse stuff but I am paranoid that someone from my group might figure it's mean and confront me on it and one of them will punish one of my PCs for it in their campaign.

>> No.49325755

Is it me or at least 75% of GM suffer from depression or some other mental disorder?

>> No.49325781
File: 114 KB, 579x570, that kinda feel.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49325781

>>49308322
I want legit Sins to be brought back. Like
>I killed a character by fudging a dice because the player didn't use a fucking coaster.
>I had [male PC] abducted by drow and tortured because that makes me hard.
>I ate three slices of pizza instead of two.

>> No.49325795

>>49325755

You would too if you have to deal with 4-6 retarded murderhobos on a weekly basis.

>> No.49325815

>>49322115
You're supposed to say anything 5e related is pretty good.

>> No.49325836

>>49325561
Well, have you considered that it's OKAY to let the players lose if you know, they fail to beat the Lich?

I know you've been raised with the belief that everybody is special and nobody can lose the race because taking part is what's important but that's not how the world works and isn't particularly interesting, engaging or exciting.

I mean how about, they lose,the lich wins, new campaign in the liches tyrannical undead state. New characters could be a small underground resistance movement who worship the matyred original characters as saviours who will one day return or even servants of the Lich in forging his new empire. Isn't that far more interesting than just blandly winning every single fight because the GM said so? May as well just watch a movie or read a book in that case. I mean are you really that scared of failure?

There's actually an entire generation ruined by this train of thought that failure is bad because ironically they've been built so conditioned to fear failure that they can't accept or process the possibility let alone the reality of failure so spend their entire lives suffering with the likes of anxiety and depression and constantly holding themselves back.

See in my games my players earn their victories,sure sometimes they lose but when they do win against the odds victory is sweeter because it is real
In your game everybody is a winner yay , which of course means actually nobody is and nothing matters.

>> No.49325860

>>49308322
I have no idea if my players like my games, but they have been playing them for a couple of years. I just do my own thing and hope they have fun at this point, but feedback would be nice.

>> No.49325898

>>49325795
I do and I do.
Just checking to see if I'm not alone.

>> No.49325953

>>49325781
i eat as much pizza as i like because i'm the one buying it

>> No.49325966
File: 23 KB, 360x280, 1473207870975.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49325966

>>49325836
You fucking mong.

>> No.49325983

>>49325836
>In your game everybody is a winner yay , which of course means actually nobody is and nothing matters.
We're playing pretend if you hadn't noticed: none of this actually happened and none of this matters except the amount of fun you and your players have in your game.

>There's actually an entire generation ruined by this train of thought that failure is bad because ironically they've been built so conditioned to fear failure that they can't accept or process the possibility let alone the reality of failure so spend their entire lives suffering with the likes of anxiety and depression and constantly holding themselves back.
An awful lot of assumptions there bud. Tell me when you're done with setting up the strawman: I'll wait.

>I mean how about, they lose,the lich wins, new campaign in the liches tyrannical undead state.
How about the plane is crashed with no survivors, like how the Lich originally planned instead?

>I mean are you really that scared of failure?
No, I am simply trying to keep the game as interesting as it can be. My version of fun differs from
>Okay, the evil Lich uses his arcane powers and points his finger at you and *roll die* misses.
After a round
>Alright, the villain tries to hit you all with a fireball and *dice rolling* you make your saves
another round
>The Lich is looking quite beaten, but he tries to use a spell on PC1 *rolls die* but it has no effect
in the end
>The Lich tries to blow himself up with his leftover arcane might, since he is as close to death as he is
>*roll die* So... you are knocked out and everyone else is just fine
>the Lich gets curbstomped by the players because of good luck and they start saying how his liutenant was harder than that and how anti-climactic the last fight was

>> No.49325985

>>49325836
That you love killing parties has nothing to do with "everyone having to be a winner" or "the new generation"

>> No.49325995

The only /tg/ game I've actually played is 40k, which was back in 4th edition (started right at the end of 3rd ed). I still really enjoy browsing /tg/.

I have on several occasions asked about story/setting related advice and ideas while only pretending it was for an RP campaign - in fact, it's been for short stories and amateur vidya devving.

>> No.49325997

>>49325983
>I know you've been raised with the belief that everybody is special and nobody can lose the race because taking part is what's important but that's not how the world works and isn't particularly interesting, engaging or exciting.
>waitingforthestrawmanstostop.webm

>Well, have you considered that it's OKAY to let the players lose if you know, they fail to beat the Lich?
Yes, if it makes for a good, satisfactory ending of the campaign.

>> No.49326024

>>49325836
i hate this kind of GMing since it makes me feel like i need to powergame as hard as possible just to keep my character alive after i build up some attachment to them, since i'm sure not going to catch a fucking break anytime soon

>> No.49326042

>>49325983
>>Implying actually succeeding at something isn't fun.

>>Implying players wouldn't have fun curbstomping a lich.

>>Implying you're an arbiter of fun. The game is fun, reading your novel to the players isn't.

>> No.49326064

>>49325860
Just keep your eyes and ears open and you'll see if they're enjoying it. If they're having fun you'll hear it in their voices; excitement about next session, concern over an NPC's fate, etc. On the other hand, if their focus is all over the place and you have to constantly get their attention they're likely not all that invested.

>> No.49326086

>>49326042
>Implying you're an arbiter of fun. The game is fun, reading your novel to the players isn't.
No, the "game" as in the rules for rolling dice is boring as fuck. People get invested on the roleplaying, which they can't do if you are constantly trying to murder their characters

>> No.49326104

>>49308479
Least bad meaning 3.5?

>> No.49326112
File: 2.67 MB, 400x225, 1436751624836.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49326112

>>49325836

>>49325983 here. I wanted to ask you a question that's been bothering me for a while now.

Are you that worried about how your story sucks, that you want to place all the blame on the dice when your players start saying that the bosses are too difficult, nothing ever goes right or, alternatively, the ending sucked because the boss was way too easy?

>>49326042
>>Implying actually succeeding at something isn't fun.
It's more fun if it is something difficult, or something that they are really invested in.

>>Implying players wouldn't have fun curbstomping a lich.
Some do. Others would like to actually feel like the last boss is a challenge: it's also partly why Dark Souls had the success it had. Because the bosses are difficult and the players really have to rise to the challenge.
>Oh yeah, it would totally have been fun if Gwyn got curbstomped in the end!

>>Implying you're an arbiter of fun. The game is fun, reading your novel to the players isn't.
Still throwing around assumptions, aren't you?

>> No.49326117

>>49311998
I know that feel

>> No.49326137

>>49326042
>>Implying actually succeeding at something isn't fun.

>>Implying players wouldn't have fun curbstomping a lich.

>>Implying you're an arbiter of fun. The game is fun, reading your novel to the players isn't.


some groups enjoy that shit, some don't.

i played with groups like that and because of what I said up here >>49326024 i think i ended up reaching That Guy territory with how hard i was power gaming my cleric by the end of the game when we hit level 21 or so

a lot of persistent metamagic abuse to get the important buffs going for about 24 hours, using a bunch of those "defensive weapon" enchantments on your armor/shield spikes and gauntlets for huge ac bonuses

basically i got sick of the GM killing me when I was trying to roleplay, so the final version of my character could drop an Antimagic field over himself that lasted for 24 hours and also didn't affect him, had an AC in the upper 70's, and an epic level magic weapon

his final boss was literally incapable of damaging me in any way

it was anti-climactic as fuck

>> No.49326141

>>49326086
Then don't play a Roleplaying like D&D with an intricate simulationist rules system that includes randomness as a factor. All the time your players spend creating any of the crunch or tactical choices for their characters is utterly wasted as ultimately those choices are meaningless. It makes no sense for the games you want to run.

There's plenty of diceless , story and narrative based systems to facilitate your preferred brand of make believe and you don't even have to lie and cheat to your players ( you know the intelligent human beings you play with who deserve your respect not pity ) to get the games you want.

>> No.49326159

>>49326137
If you got to level 21 in a campaign run like that it sounds like you earned it.

>> No.49326166
File: 48 KB, 500x427, 1565498150.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49326166

>>49326141
You're, like, the second coming of virtualoptim. Can you please take a trip so I can ignore you in the future?

>> No.49326174
File: 11 KB, 229x231, 1452958363993.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49326174

>>49326141
>any DnD edition
>intricate simulationist rules

>> No.49326210
File: 260 KB, 358x310, 40k.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49326210

>>49326159
So you also endorse power-gaming. Gotcha...

>> No.49326214

>>49311998
If your improv sessions are stealing the show figure out what they're doing that your carefully written session lacks. It may be the relatively undeveloped story is easier for players to grasp, or it may be your improv story was driven by their actions while your carefully written one left little room for their own impact on the story.

>> No.49326216
File: 87 KB, 960x544, ULUS10565_00009.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49326216

I take character inspiration from JRPGs, namely the Ogre Battle franchise and Final Fantasy Tactics.

>> No.49326232

>>49326159
it was like jacking off for about 5 hours straight, unable to cum

when it finally happens, the orgasm is so disappointing that you realize you should have just stopped after ten minutes because the result would have been the same in the end

>> No.49326291

>>49326112
>>here. I wanted to ask you a question that's been bothering me for a while now.

I don't prep stories. I don't force my players down a railroad. I prep situations for my players and its their choice how they go about dealing with them.

I'm not trying to read my novel to the players like half the gms on tg. If I want to write a story I write a story. If I want to design a game I design a game. They're entirely different things.

I run my games in sandbox open worlds with a lot of moving parts, including multiple factions and NPC's with different goals. Players have freedom to get involved as far as they wish or leave them to it and I encourage them to create their own goals as a group and as individuals which I always work in as achieving personal goals is generally far more satisfying than completiny some preordained plot you could never lose.

Hence what happens is engaging emergent gameplay borne out of player agency and choice. Something entirely unique to an RPG game that you lose entirely when you treat it as an a-b-c-d video game railroad.

My players have huge amounts of fun and tell me how much they prefer playing in my games where they actually have choice rather than in other games where their choices don't matter as all roads lead to the same conclusion.

>> No.49326404

>>49325995
You should take the plunge and play an RPG. Don't worry, you probably won't have to deal with 90% of the bullshit /tg/ can fixate on. Most groups have fun and are populated by chill people that will help you find your sea legs.

>> No.49326414
File: 91 KB, 600x450, StrawMan1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49326414

>>49326291
>I don't prep stories. I don't force my players down a railroad.
Yep, that totally cannot happen if you roll openly, yup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>I prep situations for my players and its their choice how they go about dealing with them.
Assuming people who sometimes fudge the dice do this. Check

>I'm not trying to read my novel [...] you could never lose.
More ad hominem and even some false cause, interesting.

>Hence what [...] a-b-c-d video game railroad.
Some more composition/division, check.

>My players [...] conclusion.
Your players... sure. Meanwhile, no one has popped up in this thread that actually agrees with you.

The conclusion I draw from this is that you like to play the game in that way, while many other people like playing the game in a less random way. I also concluded that you are a hater and a fucking degenerate, because you do not waste a single second to shit on the other -more popular- way of having fun. Please also see my previous post as to what you are doing right now. >>49325337

>> No.49326435

>>49312263
Start a new game only invite the players you want after a few weeks cancle the old game and say its because of life stuff.

>> No.49326447

>>49326291
>their choices don't matter as all roads lead to the same conclusion.
How could someone even know that? Are they doing the same campaign over and over?

>> No.49326451

>>49325337
>WAAAAAH PEOPLE DON'T SUBSRIBE TO THE SAME PHILOSOPHY BASED ON A SCREENSHOT OF AN ANONYMOUS POST
Fuck of and die alone in your shitty apartment.

>> No.49326455

>>49325836
Oh hey, it's the new generation meme again. You do realize that what more recent generations are being taught that has more to do with their parents and the world's reactionary handling of, oh, I don't know, older generations' (read: your own) shitty behavior than the generation itself right? And let me guess you think altruism and a desire to have fun with your social group are modern coddling instead of the proven evolutionary advantages that got us out of the god damned forests. Fucking sociopath. On top of all of that I don't know where this meme even came from, I have never received a participation anything, ribbon, trophy, certificate- what have you. Maybe in your shielded upper class bubble, but in real life people don't have the resources to teach children that nonsense. Now, from all of this (and your dumbass arguments against the DM actually directing the experience, which is their role per the rules) we can reasonably assume that you just disagree with someone and so blame it on their perceived shortcomings or you preconceived notions of who they are, which has lead to you arguing against points no one has put forward based only on what you think they should be thinking based on whom you think they are. As >>49325983 said keep on setting up your straw men, we will wait.
Also you sound like a terrible person and the kind of sperg I would hit for slowing down a game with rules lawyering, thus ruining everyone else's fun. TPK should be an exception and not the rule.

>> No.49326480

>>49312660
>>49326435
>cancle the old game and say its because of life stuff.
Fuck that. Tell them you aren't interested and running that type of campaign. If you still want to hang out start a boardgame night or something.

And then do the game you want.

>> No.49326502

>>49326291
>they prefer playing in my games where they actually have choice rather than in other games where their choices don't matter as all roads lead to the same conclusion.

The way you can tell a good gm from a shit gm is how they can make a player think they have freedom when really, they don't have all that much input at all.

>>49325995
Try finding a group playing one of the 40kRP systems. First Edition Dark Heresy is kind of a meatgrinder and I don't know much about the 2nd edition of DH, but I've played Rogue Trader and Only War, and both of those were really fun.

Only War is basically Band of Brothers/Generation Kill simulator, while Rogue Trader is hedonism Star Trek.

>> No.49326522

>>49326404
I simply don't know anyone who plays RPGs though. I think I'd enjoy it if given the opportunity.

Played /lots/ of rpg vidya though, so I'm fairly familiar with dnd mechanics already.

>> No.49326532

>>49326435
Different guy, I've done that, and my life is so much better for it.

>> No.49326533

>>49312660
>I refuse to use standard RPG-fare monsters because I hate the meta and want to give incentive for knowledge skills. 90% of monsters I use are made the fuck up.
As a player who reads about all the monsters because I find it interesting and keeps investing in knowledge skills only to never use them, I hope your players appreciate that.

>> No.49326557
File: 23 KB, 333x260, 126546306.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49326557

>>49326451

>> No.49326574

>>49326064
They pay attention and we have some good stories from it. Lately I've been seeing more as a player made a character who was the child of other characters in a different game, compliments for roleplaying a witch, etc. but that's been in the past month or so.

I find the more time I put into the game materials and not the plot the better things go.

>> No.49326580

>>49326414
>>49326291
It literally depends on the game you eejits.

If you're playing an OSR meatgrinder, something PbtA, or an aSoIaF-em-up, then let the dice fall as they may.
If you (and your group) want to redo Lotr, then fudging is more acceptable.

Fudging should only be used to preserve tone and pacing, and even then it's the bluntest tool available to the GM to that end. Hell, 80% of GMing is pulling shite out of your ass in response to your players, so I'm sure 90% you can come up with something more creative than fudging the dice.

And on top of that, there is a middle-ground. You could introduce fate-points or w/e, allowing players to fudge one roll that would have killed them. In more heroic fiction, this alleviates the whole big bad one-shots the party on a good roll bollocks, and gives the player a feel for how close their character is to real, actual death. Maybe introduce the same thing for the villains, allowing them to escape or bullshit their way out of death x times.

Okay I'm just spitballing at this point, so
tl;dr: depends on the setting

>> No.49326605
File: 1.60 MB, 400x276, 3f39379a86da4b2282eee850e0911cb0a9a678d7.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49326605

>mfw players think they know when the DM fudged a roll

>> No.49326625

>>49326502
There's a rogue trader rpg? Rogue traders have always been one of the absolutely most interesting parts of the 40k setting to me. Along with admech explorator fleets, and the two go hand in hand.

>> No.49326669
File: 34 KB, 500x411, average rogue trader player.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49326669

>>49326625
Yeah, Rogue Trader is probably the most fun of the 40kRPGs in my opinion.

>> No.49326741

>>49326669
So, playing RPGs over the internet - how often and for how long during each get-together does one generally have to be available? Is VOIP or text chat the most common mode of communication?

>> No.49326789

>>49311998
Yup. My players told me the session was kinda good, but [the one session I literally pulled EVERYTHING out of my ass because I didn't even give it a thought beforehands] was just legendary and immersive. Okay then.

>> No.49326796

>>49326741
Once a week usually and 4 hours or so

I usually play for 6 though

Skype seems to be most common more than VOIP

>> No.49326839

>>49326669
>and_1_moving_violation.webm

>> No.49326907

>>49321998
That sounds like a logically sound method which allows even the gm to enjoy the tension of not knowing what's coming next while avoiding the structurelessness of flying by the seat of your pants.
Not sure what you're worried about. I'd play your game.
In fact, could you expound a bit on your random tables and their use? I am thinking of picking up gming and that sounds exactly like how I would want to go about it

>> No.49327047

>>49324237
Unless she's a minor, what's the problem? Actually, you sound like a minor as well, so there probably isn't one.

>> No.49327058
File: 9 KB, 480x360, hqdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49327058

>>49323836
HE'S GOT THE HEART OF A CHAMPION

>> No.49327076

>>49326796
Thanks man. Skype is in fact a VOIP service though. So it's mostly voice chat and not text chat?

>> No.49327106

>>49327076
Some groups do text-only, and some do a mix of both.

>> No.49327129

>>49327076
There are some text games and they seem pretty popular

Not my thing though so I cant really give info on that "scene"

I'm not even the original anon you was asking lol

>> No.49327133

>>49326741
That all heavily depends. Some groups can have games that stretch for 8+ hours, and some can just do like 3-4.

Same goes for VOIP or text, I've only ever done text games online aside from a single oneshot one of my groups did to fuck around, but I know that quite a few people do prefer VOIP ones.

>> No.49327203

>>49327076
I do a lot of text RP, it's generally going to be slower and more roleplay oriented than rollplay though, given the medium.

>> No.49327222
File: 35 KB, 600x525, 1565498145.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49327222

>>49327203
>voice is rollplay now

>> No.49327369
File: 830 KB, 792x792, 1465406393635.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49327369

>>49308322
I spend an hour or two between each session trying to guess what might happen next and prewriting things to say in various situations, because my improv is shit compared to the rest of my group and I don't want to sound like a retard in front of them.

>> No.49327379

>>49327058
Let him finish it. He needs the protein.

>> No.49327473

>>49327106
>>49327129
>>49327133
>>49327203
Appreciate it. My current living situation would not allow for anything involving voice chat, which is the reason I asked. English being my second language and an orally ill-practiced one at that also matters I guess.

I might try this at some point soon because I imagine it'd be a decent bit of fun.

Side not if anyone cares: I'm a hobbyist programmer, and the idea of writing some kind of software for this has struck me. Would a streamlined text based rpg program/integrated system with a lot of opportunities for audio-visual storytelling on part of the GM (like uploading character or location art, playing music etc.) be something that people would be interested in? Packs of text and media files could perhaps be packaged as campaign DLC's or whatever.

>> No.49328260

>>49308347
DM anon, I feel your pain.
>>Would play if I had a competent DM who actually enriched the gaming experience, and was not just a glorified referee.

>> No.49328280

>>49326104
Don't fucking start. He didn't state which edition on purpose.
Nobody cares about this anymore.

>> No.49328311

>>49326174
>>Skill: Breathe Air
>>Skill: Use hand
>>Proficiency: Not dying

>> No.49328612

>>49324611
Thats the thing. The combats that end up being unbalanced are for sport/wagers. They dont really have the option to run, since they are in an arena and they signed up for it. Also the people they are challenging are much stronger, and actually fighting down to the party's level anyways. Its never to the death, as thats seen as dishonest and dishonorable to go against the established terms.

>> No.49328713

>>49324237
Well, I've been banging my little sister behind her back for years! And I'm the DM!
What I want to know is; Where's the caveman?

>> No.49328786
File: 94 KB, 625x469, 9 kilos of LEL.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49328786

>>49328311
play aces and eights or any game like that, then come back here and tell me about how dnd has "intricate simulationist rules"

>> No.49328894

>>49308522

I've winged entire campaigns.

>> No.49328906

>>49328894
when i forget the name of an npc i used before i just kind of make up another one and hope that it's been long enough the players have also forgotten their name

>> No.49328938

I was sick of the party's barbarian being a murder hobo so I had an NPC talk the party into murdering him.

He was salty.

>> No.49328985

>>49308522
I make my players remember the story more carefully then I do myself

>> No.49328999
File: 129 KB, 570x424, 1472501066074.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49328999

>>49308322

I ban lesbian PCs in every game I run.

>> No.49329096

My group did a one shot that went so well we decided to stick together and start a campaign. We were allowed to make new characters for the campaign, and I was the only one to do so. I did it because my one shot character didn't really mesh with the others or have any real long term motivation. My current character is more morally flexible, but I feel like I'm awful at not being a good guy, which comes more naturally to me, and I miss my goody goody druid even though I'm liking the new guy fine despite it all.

>> No.49329136

>>49329096
I don't see the sin...

>> No.49329305

>>49325898
Ayup, not alone. Depression, OCPD and Schizoid personality disorder here.

I like crafting systems, but my problem is that people expect me to GM because I am decent at it. Problem is that GM:ing is super-draining, so having more than one session per week can really fuck me up.

And this week is shaping to have three sessions and a small con with games this weekend. I'm going to die.

Especially because the player of a Solo-RPG where I'm testing out my own system wants maps, and I SUCK at making maps.

>> No.49329421

>>49308322
>I play with my group just because they are my only social contacts, and it's hard for me to find new ones.

>I'm bored of them for 3 years of playing, can predict almost all their moves, and tired of their "light RP murderhobo no utility with stupid jokes" style.

>I was the GM two years ago and started a separate campaign, but it lasted for one story arch. They keep asking time to time to continue, but I can't find any motivation to do it.

>> No.49329894

>>49324237
Whoa...

>> No.49330300

>>49328999

Not a sin. Nice trips but gtfo.

>> No.49330343

>>49328999
Nothing wrong with this at all.

>> No.49330444

>>49308322
I didn't let my gf into my campaigns for almost 2 years(and she wanted to play badly) because "i couldn't run more players". But in reality i just did it be cause she's a shit player.

>> No.49330465

>>49311716
Why the fuck did he keep dueling you near windows?

>> No.49331313

>>49311716
What a fucking faggot

>> No.49331496

>I roll the dice then glance down to look like I'm consulting them, but then I just decide what happens at random
>I quantum ogre the shit out of the players even though it's a hexcrawl
>My players really like how "internally consistent" my world is and how "their choices matter" when really I've written the entire adventure ahead of time and I'm very good at hiding the rails
I seriously hate players who whine about "railroading GMs." They're really whining about "inexperienced GMs who aren't as good at giving the illusion of choice." And it's this double standard where players aren't supposed to have to get better at the game by learning to go with what the GM has planned.

>> No.49331560

>>49331496
this is literally what i do and what my players say to me

i gave advice to one of my players when they wanted to run a game of their own, and basically confessed to doing exactly this which was apparently some kind of shocking moment to them

>> No.49331569

>>49328999
I consider it a red flag when the player mentions their character's sexuality at all.
This ain't an ERP nigga, it's irrelevant right now.

>> No.49331592

>>49331560
Thank you! Anyone who claims to run a sandbox game is lying. Players, your choices don't matter. Accept it and move on.

>> No.49331634

>>49331569
I ran a female noblewoman from a culture that taught all nobility to use a sword, who became an adventurer to distract herself from the fact that she could never be with a more high ranking (also female) noble that she loved, because of social mores and the expectation that her love would marry a man and produce heirs.

Doesn't get much more lesbian than that. And yet it also wasn't an ERP thing.

>> No.49331696

Everyone in my group is a shit, but I play with them because of social obligations and I don't want to let them know they're a shit.

>> No.49331759
File: 78 KB, 960x916, 1408795571528.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49331759

>>49326141

>> No.49331770

>>49331634
But what you said there was fine. If you brought that to me if ok it.
But my players don't do shit like that, it's always
>She's a lesbian who's really open about her sexuality (read: attempts to fuck literally everyone, talks about sex even when it's completely irrelevant/inappropriate)
>She also comes from a culture that treats nudity differently (a.k.a. Walks around with no shirt on in public while the player breathes heavily and describes her tits)
Every fucking time.

>> No.49331943

>>49308322
I don't like playing characters, only if the DM is autistic about HP.

>> No.49333956

>>49324537
Nothing worth storytiming, we like each other and we don't want him to know so we don't let him know.

>>49327047
She's 17

>> No.49334078

The campaign completely derailed and everyone's enjoying it a lot more now.

>> No.49336603

>>49324786
If it makes any difference, I'm pretty sure he was a few years younger, actually.

The only single guys in the group that I'd interacted with were either gay or were openly bad boy shit stains. It was a large group, so I'm sure there were a lot of really great single guys, I just hadn't met them.

>>49325264
Oh you. I bet you say that to all the ladies, m'uhgent.

>> No.49336638

>>49321998
That isn't lazy, it is smart.

I think I will do this from now on.

>> No.49336742

>>49325836
Well, a more enjoyable experience could be had by keeping them near death all the time. Fudging just enough to keep them at the edge of their seats.

When they win they will feel as if they had just barely made it out the other end of the shit pipe, but they feel awesome that they did it.

Just killing them off when they do something a little stupid or when they are a little unlucky can ruin the immersion of the game.

Also, with this Minmaxing becomes a problem(It isn't a problem if you're playing a combat oriented game). With minmaxed characters, in my experiences, people don't hang on to them and feel their deaths meant little when they do die. I feel like you should give them no expectation of needing to minmax and bring their character to near death and kill them off in a situation that would be really breathtaking and would punch them right in the feels. Not only do you make that one player feel something you give a personal and in-character drive for all of your other players to succeed.

tl;dr The story is more important than sticking with the dice if you can pull it off.

>> No.49336965

>>49321701
> bard is constantly caught up in spreading the myth that they're the 'greatest swordsman in the world'

Are you playing with fucking Spoony?

>> No.49338326

>>49336603
>Oh you. I bet you say that to all the ladies, m'uhgent.
What the fuck are you even on about, retard?

Oh, don't tell me: you enjoy Netorare? Well, I have news for you. Your taste is Shit.

>> No.49338349

>>49338326
Someone's an angry little baby. It's cute your first word was 'cuck' but it's all you say, like you're a fucking Pokemon.

No one likes you.

>> No.49338373

>>49338349
I don't read cuck anywhere, you oxygen-thief.

I just pointed out that avoiding adultery with a married man is not a fucking sin.

You're literally retarded if you think that having sex with someone who already has a spouse is good and not something that you should commit sudoku over!

>> No.49338535

>>49338373
Good lord, you dumbass. I at no point implied I thought it was a good idea to have sex with a married man. That would actually be the opposite of my beliefs. I get that NTR is your fetish you're ashamed of having, but no need to foist it on other people so you can get hard imagining it while keeping your wizard soul pure.

I was fucking with you because you're probably the same guy replying to everyone saying, "Not a sin." like you're the fucking corrupt priest of TRPG who can't get it up unless you're imagining some hard-core "I weight the dice" confessions.

I was admitting to to some degree blurring the lines of IC and OOC, which in every fucking sensible person's mind is a cardinal sin of RPG, you small brained, tiny dicked sperglord.

>> No.49338568
File: 55 KB, 367x360, 1386181350363.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49338568

>>49338535
>I get that NTR is your fetish
Projecting

>I at no point implied I thought it was a good idea to have sex with a married man.
It could be implied by your comment
>Oh you. I bet you say that to all the ladies, m'uhgent.
This comment makes me infer that you are against people who actually think that adultery is a bad thing. Meaning that you are a-okay with someone cheating on their spouse.

Does your pea-sized brain understand now?

>I was fucking with you because you're probably the same guy replying to everyone saying, "Not a sin."
I am, and it's because many of the replies are not a sin.

So in the end you were just pic related. Good to know.

>> No.49338636
File: 102 KB, 400x300, 60620728.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49338636

>>49338568
What a weaksauce reply. I'm actually disappointed in your effort. Fine, have a participation award.

>> No.49338642

>>49338636
>I am the winner
I am overwhelmed by your greatness, retard-anon

>> No.49338687
File: 10 KB, 180x180, Tard of the Re.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49338687

>>49338642
>>49338636
>>49338568
>>49338535
>>49338373
>>49338349
>>49338326
Both of you are fucking idiots.

>> No.49338697

>>49338687
>Quality post anon strikes again!

>> No.49339604

>>49321998
Mind dumping those tables?

>> No.49339683
File: 563 KB, 1060x1171, 1469395827602.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
49339683

>>49336965
Someone who's a fan of him. I don't remember if the real Spoony is any good at swordsmanship, but our bard is horrible at it. The only thing they have going for them is some minor magic and a Charisma score that would make Elvis blush.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action