Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.47624248 [DELETED]  [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

What if all major religions were in fact worshiping eldritch horrors?

>> No.47624269

>>47624248
>implying we aren't

>> No.47624279

>if

>> No.47624311

Today's religions are so twisted away from the first sources there is little hope that prayers and summoning rites will reach eldrich horrors.

>> No.47624321

>>47624248
Than Catholicism being as evil as it is makes more sense I guess.

>> No.47624341

>>47624248
>mfw path to nirvana is actually an elaborate way of preparing and "cooking" the sacrifice for the god

>> No.47624444

>>47624321
>largest charity in the world for the last 2 thousand years
>has played major roles in solving countless crises and resolving thousands of conflicts
>an institute dedicated to advancing the knowledge and understanding of morality while spreading goodwill and peace

>evil

Whooie, looks like someone's in their edgy phase of life.

>> No.47624462

>>47624444
miracle get tells the truth

>> No.47624483

>>47624444
It is interesting to think about how many raped little children are tolerable matched against the vast donations given and raised by the Catholic church. J/K the answer is none, destroy the institution as Jesus would have]

>> No.47624615

>>47624444
Quads for truth.

>>47624483
The answer is none. This isn't a fucking barter system.

>> No.47624647

>>47624483
Compared to other large organizations, the exaggerated and overblown accounts of pedophilia that the media and comedians love to bring up are minuscule in comparison to places like secular public and private schools, scout organizations, even hospitals and non-Catholic churches.

While there were some terrible decisions made in regards to some of the Catholic cases, these were always done at no higher than the bishop level and condemned when exposed to the higher tiers of the organization.

Excuse the term, but pretending that a few case of pedophilia make such an enormous organization (which openly condemns the practice and works to safeguard, educate and even feed millions of children all around the world on a daily basis) evil is essentially cherry picking.

>> No.47624693

>>47624647
It's a fact that the Catholic church condoned, both directly and indirectly, pedophilia and acted to prevent justice in cases of pedophila. No comparison matters. That isn't okay and it can never be rationalized as okay.

If it was a failure of leadership at low level, that was also a failure of higher leadership. If you think repeated, widespread incidences of pedophilia (however small they may be as a percentage of churchgoers worldwide) which are condoned and concealed by the mother church is cherry-picking, then you are in no position to judge the evil of the Catholic church. Because your point in that instance is not to look at it with a moral lens, but to defend it from accusations of being evil.

Like I said, the position of an evil Catholic is:
>It is interesting to think about how many raped little children are tolerable matched against the vast donations given and raised by the Catholic church
And the actual moral position ought to be: >>47624615
>The answer is none. This isn't a fucking barter system.

>> No.47624795

>>47624444

The catholic church has done a lot of good. At the same time though, it has also caused mass poeverty, the crusades, repression of foreign cultures under the guise of missionary work, and more.
Even today, we are still a few years after a MASSIVE wave of pedophilia cases by priests from many different countries that the Church has deliberately and systematically covered up rather than punishing thoose responisble, with many more suspected but protected by the status of the church in many countries (try to make a case against them in Poland for example, see how you fare), and many people are still getting infected with and dying from HIV and other STD's because the Catholic church (as well as the protestants) denies the effect of contraceptives in the hope that the fear might keep people from having sex outside their marriage (ha!).

Also, if you say the church does charity, i ask "with whose money?". They do not produce anything by themselves, after all.

>> No.47624838

>this thread
I j-just wanted fun brainstorming eldritch horror cults

>> No.47624857

>>47624838
Welcome to /tg/.

>> No.47624859

>>47624838
Cant stop the idiots.

>> No.47624893

>>47624248
We are thinking on the basest of planes.
What we need, are more eyes.

>> No.47624898

>>47624693
>It's a fact that the Catholic church condoned,

But it didn't. The Church condemned it, and, once again, I remind you that in comparison to other organizations its record is practically immaculate.

You are trying to say that because the Church isn't perfect, it's evil. No organization composed of people is perfect, and when you actually look at how big the larger pedophilia problem is in other organizations, the Church really does begin to appear divine.

I'm sorry, but your claim is essentially "all organizations are evil because of the sins of a few of its members, no matter how few those members are or how much good the rest of the organization does."

We're literally talking about the biggest charity in the world. The group that has done more good for more people than any other organization ever has or ever will. This doesn't excuse any of the sins it or its members may have committed, but if all you're going to do is focus on overblown media attacks and hope to condemn an entire organization on the mismanagement of any incredibly (and I mean, incredibly, with a zero and a period and a lot of zeros following it) small percentage of its lowest members, then I think I have the right to say your stance is built up on prior bias.

>> No.47624934

>>47624483
At least the fuckboys where allowed to live.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jun/04/claim-of-800-childrens-bodies-buried-at-irish-home-for-unwed-mothers

Then there's general abuse of the mothers there, hindering anti-AIDS efforts, massive money laundering, the German Bling Bishop who managed to blow over $40 million before they found him to embarrassing to keep, etc.

>> No.47625015

>>47624693
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jun/04/pope-francis-church-law-paedophile-priests-catholic-bishops

Facts are things that are true.

>> No.47625024

>>47624934
It's hardly flawless, but compared to other organizations of its size and history (and even compared to most that are only a fraction of its size and only have a few decades under their belt), it's got a fantastic record.

And, the Church's positive contributions to humanity are on a level unmatched. Literally unmatched in just about every measure you can imagine, from its contributions to science to its tireless dedication to fighting against hunger, poverty, and injustice around the world.

You'd have to be a coddled first-world child to not be able to recognize all the good the Church does.

>> No.47625041

>>47624898
I do think the Catholic church as an organisation trends more evil than not, yeah. I'm fairly against the organisation of religion on this scale in general - I don't think the Catholic church is any more evil than any other large, religious organisation that has existed for more than 1000 years for example.

You are talking to someone who is, or was, a Catholic here. But I don't think that church is in any position to manage or regulate the divine anymore, and I trend much more towards the more anarchic worship that early Christians themselves practiced (as rife with sects and competing trends as that was). The Catholic church aims for a monopoly on faith, and has treated itself like a business for a great deal of its existence. It's not a trustworthy organisation.

>> No.47625054

What if all major religions were being manipulated by Eldritch horrors?

>> No.47625064

>>47625024
>You'd have to be a coddled first-world child to not be able to recognize all the good the Church does.
Or you know, not interested in yet-another-version-of-colonialism.

>> No.47625093

>>47625054

Have you read the Bible? It always amazes me when people say things like this. THE LORD is pretty much the OG cosmic horror in every sense of the word. Angels are fucking terrifying.

I don't mean that THE LORD is evil or some edgy shit like that, just, man, if you want inspiration for cosmic horrors, look no further than the Books of the Prophets. Daniel 7:9, man.

>> No.47625104

>>47625093

But he loves us so its OK.

>> No.47625123

>>47625093
>Fedora tippers
>Having read the bible
Anon pls

>> No.47625127

>>47625104

Which I personally find more novel than "all religions are evil."

What if all religions are *true*? Then you have the LORD - the friendly cosmic horror - up against all the other bizarre deities, like the old horrible things of Babylon and the humanocentric douchebags of the Greeks and Nords.

I guess then you just get Black & White, but I liked Black & White.

>> No.47625132

>>47624483
They're always after me lucky charms.

>> No.47625163

>>47625064
You're going to have to accept the fact that we are now a global society. colonialism does not exist any longer.

>> No.47625166

>>47624693
there's a book including this exact subject/topic/discussion.

>> No.47625181

>>47625163

Neo-Colonialism does

>> No.47625193

>>47624693
>>47625015

>> No.47625207

>>47625127

I think the jewish bibles dont actually claim that other gods or entitites are not real... just not to worship them. As if worship somehow confers some strategic advantage or something.

What is it about pantheisms that fall to the wayside to monotheisms?

Is the Buddha merely the world's first person to realize we're just play things for the cosmic horrors and wants us to release attachements to the material world to make our deaths the least tasteful thing they could eat?

Or is he himself an avatar or some insidious being?

>> No.47625215

>>47624795
>i ask "with whose money?"
That's not really a criticism though is it? Because it's true of every other charity in the world.

>> No.47625304

>>47624838
Well since someone already thought of the chatolic church which is a corrupt institution then let's get on the nerves of islamplophiles.

Ehem here i go:
Some 5 million years ago the fey fled from their world which was being invaded , overrun and eaten away by an allconsuming race of eldritch horrors.
They oppened a portal to not!Earth in an attempt to survive.
As they descended into the world they lacked true bodies which could house their souls.
Thus they used magic to change a suitable speciess into a fitting shape to fuse with (this is how humans were made).
They built vast civilisations with their magics untill 10k B.C. when a group of the allconsuming monsters numbering 5 in totall descended uppon this world: KaBaal the blackness, Leviathan the mountain of serpents, Dorunas the thunder demon, Gaia the mother of monsters and Eliohim the storm.
Allthough weakened through their journey they were still powerfull enough to cause the downfall of the last fey civilisation but not before the fey cast a seal that dispersed the magic of this world thus rendering them weaker with each passing year.
Finally they each made their own choicess:
Leviathan sought to adapt and in the same manner as the fey and started altering a suitable creature to survive as untill the seal is broken.
Eliohim and Gaia chose to mate and give birth to a race of slaves (titans) which they fed on to survive.
Once they started feeding of the brood of Leviathan they caused a conflict which freed the titans and caused their own deaths by Dorunas hand.
He consumed them to leave this world.
Leviathan was injured and hid with her draconic brood living as a creature of this world from now on.
KaBaal chose undeath and hid in the lush forrests of the south , feeding on the surrounding life force.
Ages passed and the now human race started to build their own civilisation.
Some fell under the rule of titans which they viewed as either gods or giants.

Cont.

>> No.47625351

>>47624248
You mean like Shinto?

>> No.47625397

>>47625127
You aren't wrong, God doesn't understand human concepts like love, Jehovah operates on logic; Yahweh's love is unconditional (signed). John 3:16.

>>47625207
Buddhism recognizes they're non-enlightened (elevated) deities worthy of reverence.

Gautama Buddha wasn't a person, nor the first Buddha; there were Buddhas before Gautama.

>> No.47625426

>the Crusades
>bad
So how would you score them against over 1000 years of aggressive Islamic expansion?

>> No.47625430

>>47624248

What if you were in fact straight?

>> No.47625448

>>47625397

My bad,

The first Buddha that we are 'aware' of, to be recorded.

Would then breaking the cycle of Karma to slip past human bounds and become mythos creatures ourselves?

>> No.47625454

>>47625041
>You are talking to someone who is, or was, a Catholic here.

You mean you're just a fedora tipper without a shred of credibility, but who thinks he knows so much just because he went to church a few times? Well, la-dee-da, and here you are trying to talk about other people being untrustworthy.

>> No.47625579

>>47625448

I like this.

I like this a lot.

So the process of becoming a Buddha is in fact the process of shucking one's understanding of the world and becoming like the things that founded religion.

I can see a pretty sweet game based around this kind of transhumanism.

Does this also mean that eating the flesh of God in transubstantiation is meant for a similar purpose?

Do other rituals have other forms of similar transhumanism, with Buddhism simply being a method to achieve such power without a patron?

>> No.47625583

>>47625304
Others served the dragons who were worshipped as forces of nature or fearsome demonic beasts.

The brood of both these lines slowly shrunk as their blood thinned after interbreeding with humans.

Meanwhile 5 millenia ago the seal cast by the fey started to weaken and magic slowly returned to the world.

KaBaal in hopes of fleeing used this chance to devour all the life of the lush forrests he hid in, turning the area into a grand sandy dessert.
He failed and slumbered again untill being dug up by humans 2k years ago.
He beguiled them into believing him to be a God, gifted them with magic knowledge and set them on a path to conquer the world in his name.
All of his worshippers are required to make a pilgrimage to his phylantrecy where he slowly saps their life force and taints their soul.
Once they were spread into every corner of that world they were changed into a savage race of mindless slaves called orcs who destroyed and devoured in the name of their "God".
Humanity fought back and slowly rediscoverred magic again as well as their ancestry.
Inspired by the power to change oneself they experimented to enhance them selves and so created dwarves with enhanced strenght and elves with enhanced sensess.
Driven by their efforts KaBaal's forces were driven back into his wastelands and here we are now in a world of wide range of different technology and magics, rulled by sorcerrer clans compeeting for dominance.

>> No.47625587

>>47624248
>Mormons worshipping Mother Kos
I can dig it

>> No.47625605

>>47625215
None of what that idiot wrote has a shred of thought behind it.

>> No.47625626

>>47624248
The Jews and the Christians have a pact with their Eldritch Horrors, other faiths generally have rites to contain them and some, like the Muslims, just hope that their god doesn't feel like turning them and their familiy into human centipeds tomorrow as well.

>> No.47625633

>>47624444
Are we just going to ignore the Dark Age brought about the the Catholic Church and it's systemic oppression of everyone not a priest back then? How it prevented scientific, economic and cultural growth for a few centuries and went out of its way to silence all who argued with it, including brilliant thinkers that could have helped improve human knowledge and the way of life?
Also, nice quads.

>> No.47625678

>>47625426
This.

Islam dindu nuffin.

>> No.47625690

>>47624483
>raped little children
Are you talking about your uncle or your stepdad?

>> No.47625692

>>47624248
What if eldritch horrors where in fact cool dudes who just want the salvation of mankind?

>> No.47625758

>>47625633
>Dark Age

Congrats. You've proved you're not old enough to post on this site.

>> No.47625765

>>47625633
You mean the one organization that actually still maintained libraries, education, medical services, and scientific research?

Also
>Dark Ages
Next time don't take history lessons from Hollywood and r/atheism

>> No.47625805

>>47625633
>Dark Age
>prevented scientific, economic and cultural growth for a few centuries
Somewhere in the afterlife, Roger Bacon, Thomas Bradwardine, Pope Sylvester II & plenty more just had a collective facepalm.

>> No.47625867

>>47625633
I don't know what I'm talking about: The Post

>> No.47625924

>>47625633
>Dark Ages
What is this bullshit?

>> No.47625930

>>47625633
"Church brought about the fall of Rome"
Said noone ever thus your argument doesn't stand.
It was the sole reason why the west maintained lieracy untill the fall of Byzanth when their schollars fled and founded academies across Europe including Jadera(Zadar), Geneva, Prague, Bologna etc.

What prohibited cultural and scientific growth were nobles who didn't like having literate peasantry (mostly nordics, balkans south and east from Bosnia as well as Ireland).

>> No.47625979

>>47625633
You realize that during the "Dark Ages" almost all scientific thought and indeed academics as a whole was preserved and ADVANCED by the Catholic church. Galileo didn't even happen in the middle ages, and it wasn't even because people disagreed with him, the pope actually had agreed with him in arguments against another cardinal when he was but a cardinal himself, but rather Galileo fucked up greatly by indirectly calling the pope an idiot.

>> No.47626006

>>47625193
OH SHIT

>> No.47626007

>>47625193

>> No.47626037

>>47625426
Or that of any religion.

>> No.47626046

>>47625633
>prevented
>not preserved and promoted

shit, I get the butthurt about Galileo, but that was about politics, not science.

>> No.47626066

>>47626007
YOU ARE GUILTY

>> No.47626088

>Spiderposting
It really is Summer now

>> No.47626089

>>47624838
Well, if we step back and look at a bit of a remove, Delta Green has real organizations or ones resembling them doing some good or seemingly positive things too, as a front for nasty stuff, or alongside really mean things.

So you could have a member of "yet another Nyarlathotep" cult who's job was to promote hatred or something nasty, while they were also doing some good, too.

Like, they might be truly charitable to WHITE charity cases, but also promote racial divisiveness and preach against miscegenation.

>> No.47626137

>>47625692
That's kind of funny because Father Squid at least, from Wildcards (which is a usable setting for this kind of thing too because one batch of alien invaders, sort of are abominations.) looks a lot like that, or could be depicted as such. That, or a plain old Cassock. and aside from the fact that he killed a fair amount of people in Nam' and has some things he's not proud of, is a great person. Who has a head pretty well like that, smells faintly damp, and also has super strength. (Not the biggest in the setting, but you know, enough to kick ass in gladiatorial combat with street level Jokers, some of whom are pretty tough. And the Turtle is still ridiculously stronger than any mere "guy who is physically strong" because of banana levels of TK. He can lift battleships with his mind.)

>> No.47626158

>>47626089
>Like, they might be truly charitable to WHITE charity cases, but also promote racial divisiveness and preach against miscegenation.
If we're going to do Lovecraftian cults properly, it'd need to be black charity cases. Just saying.

>> No.47626164

>>47625426
>Crusades
>1000 years
kek

Also reminder that the crusaders took it out on local christian minorities when they couldn't get to the muslims.

>>47625454
>muh fedora
What about you find an echo chamber elsewhere, like /pol/

>> No.47626187

>>47626164
He wasn't talking about the crusades there, mate.

>> No.47626196

>>47625979
>advanced
Actually medieval scholastics didn't really advanced a damn thing beyond elevating poorly understood classical philosophy to the point of religious writ.

Reminder that until autopsies became a thing in the early modern period, church approved medicine believed the human womb as the exact same as that of a rabbit.

>> No.47626221

>>47624795
>mass poeverty
Explain
>repression of foreign cultures through missionary work
Here have some food and by the way have you ever heard about Jesus? = Here have this free hat by the way have you ever heard about life insurance?
Explain to me how MetLife is repressing my culture.
>Crusades
Happened almost 1000 years ago and was in terms of casualties and destruction insignificant to past and future religious wars.
>contraception
http://www.catholic.com/tracts/birth-control
Educate Yourself
>Pedophilia
Unless I am mistaken the Church dismissed those who were found to be guilty or complicit after an internal investigation and simply transferred those whose accusations were unsubstantiated.
>"with whose money?"
With that of their members of course. Where else would they get it, from trees? Contrary to popular belief the Catholic Church is more than just some buildings and people wearing robes and funny looking hats.

>> No.47626230

>>47626196
>Actually medieval scholastics didn't really advanced a damn thing beyond elevating poorly understood classical philosophy to the point of religious writ.
I'd make the argument that was actually more of the thing in the Renaissance than the medieval period.

>> No.47626242

>>47626221
Leave idiots alone.

>> No.47626509

>>47625633

Dumbest poster of the day. There was no "Dark Ages".

>> No.47626694

>>47625633

you deserve more (you)s, also I want to post this

>> No.47626712

>>47624795

If people fuck all the time and die of AIDS, it's not the fault of a third party who didn't spend money to gift them condoms, its their own stupid fault

>> No.47626850

>>47625633
This isn't your normal Dark Age misinformation

This is ADVANCED Dark Age misinformation.

>> No.47626881

>>47624838

One of the reasons that Rome persecuted early christians so terribly is because their religion seemed so alien and ass backwards.

They worshipped a single omniscient and omnipotent but physically unidentifiable "God", which was supposedly both the supreme master of creation and an entirely different kind of entity than all other gods (compared to classical greek and roman mythology which did not deny the existence of other comperable pantheons of gods or god like beings in other parts of the world). This being cast its own infinitely divine child into the flesh of a regular human (major taboo for Roman theology, in which the division between man and god is one of the most important themes), which then presented itself both as the true king of mankind and its servant, garnering a huge following of people in less than a lifetime, died and just fucking came back to life on his own, and ultimately convincing his followers that they could be granted eternal life via a blood ritual.

Naturally, at least in origin, the Christian god is the Jewish god. But the fervor in which this new group believed, in spite of a complete lack of tradition or history to fall back on, suffering the most horrible of fates imaginable and yet still keeping their mouths closed... the romans were confused, and terrified. Both the novelty of the religion and misunderstanding of some of its details led to an image of some sort of unfathomable death cult born from the most radical of the jewish community which worshiped a cosmic being that seemed to orchestrate all of creation just to make a point.

>> No.47626903

>>47626850

>> No.47626998

Dude, what if SATAN was really the good guy?

>> No.47627017

>>47624795
>muh crusades

It was a response to centuries of Islamic conquest into Christian territory.

>> No.47627025

>>47626850
History is written by the victors.

>> No.47627031

>>47626881
>They worshipped a single omniscient and omnipotent but physically unidentifiable "God", which was supposedly both the supreme master of creation and an entirely different kind of entity than all other gods (compared to classical greek and roman mythology which did not deny the existence of other comperable pantheons of gods or god like beings in other parts of the world).

as we all know, that was considered ass backwards, as noone read Plato and him and the Stoics didn't have huge follwoings in classical Rome, including their monotheistic ideas.

>> No.47627112

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/EldritchAbomination/MythologyAndReligion

No one posted this yet.

>> No.47627135

>>47627112
>tvtropes
And I thought this thread couldn't get any worse.

>> No.47627180

>>47627031

Plato's writings were explicitly polytheistic, though he did express a lack of faith in the literal truth of roman mythology. And while both Plato and the Stoics to certain extents treated the idea of god and the divine as a single force, they did not preach of a single IDENTITY that was God, and certainly not a both omnipotent and active one, nor that of Jews.

>> No.47627194

>>47626998
That'd be gnosticism.

>>47627025
History is written by the literate, which is why the Vikings have a reputation so different from all the other raiders and warlords of the era.

>> No.47627205

>>47624483
But you do know that the ratio of rapes in the catholic or protestant church are not different from what happens in the rest of the population or in other religious organisations.

>> No.47627235

>>47627017
Maybe he's unaware of the time that they invaded Spain and then immediately tried to follow up by invading France.

Or relentless Turkic aggression in the Mediterranean and Balkans.

Or that the First Crusade was requested by the Byzantines to defend Anatolia.

>> No.47627241

>>47626998
Gnosticism.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PQj8xOknzKc

>> No.47627316

>>47627205

Hey don't lump us in with the papist scum

>> No.47627323

>>47625579
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjWOy6ioVHI

I think this video will be right up your alley, anon. Enjoy.

Instead of "Flesh of God", it is the "Old Blood".

>> No.47627408

>>47625207

>I think the jewish bibles dont actually claim that other gods or entitites are not real... just not to worship them

In fact, if anything, the book of Exodus seems to explicitly say that there are other real gods, just that they're shittier than the Jewish god. Specifically, the priests of Egypt being able to transmute their staffs into snakes. Or I suppose this may only confirm the existence of non-divine magic.

>> No.47627426

>>47627241
>Gnosticism
>>47627194
>That'd be gnosticism.
No.

I don't even know how you came to this conclusion, even just reading the simple Wikipedia page would've corrected you.

>> No.47627609

>>47624838
I see that not even /tg/ is safe from the christfags.
I understand your pain.
Hope it gets better after summer.

Love,
/x/

>> No.47627738

>>47627609
No one on 4chan is Christian. The fedora-tier ideas and arguments are just tiring if you're not in middle school.

>> No.47627770

>>47627738

But I'm a methodist

>> No.47627799

>>47627609
>>47627738

Wow, look at these fedora tippers try.

>> No.47627864

>>47627738
You know, I am unbeliever myself, but at least me and the Christians had a deal. I won't burn their churches they won't burn my house and/or me. It was working for both of us pretty well.

And then the Arabs show up...

>> No.47627904

>>47625633
Pretty sure the whole 'prevention of scientific growth' wasn't actual prevention but rather everyone trying to figure out how all the stuff around them worked. Much like the Mechanicus in the 40k-verse has no idea how half their gizmos work, the X-gothic kingdoms that took over old Roman lands were probably not aware of how most of the stuff the Romans left behind. So rather than being repressed I think they were just trying to relearn everything.

>> No.47627947

>>47627799
Is fedora slowly becoming
>anyone that doesn't agree with me
because I think we already have a term for that
>faggot.

>> No.47627997

>>47627864
>tfw turning full /pol/tard because of these fucking arabs

>> No.47628080

>>47627947
Fedora-tipper is used to refer to retarded atheists. That's what it started as, and how it's being used right now.

>> No.47628166

Everybody chill and consider this.

What happens to Eldritchian Horror Cults when a non-Eldritchian apocalypse occurs?

>> No.47628290

>>47628166
They keep going.
>See? We can't even keep our own society from collapsing in on itself. Submit to Gra'krognlythug!
>Pray for sweet oblivion!

>> No.47628448

>>47626881

You are a retard. Divinity incarnate was a major theme in the empire, and most emperors were properly divined after death (and in some cases, their lovers)

Jews were not seen kindly in roman times, and christian were considered just another sect of Judaism, but with a plus; it was not so exclusive, and it was extremely popular with slaves.

It also denied the emperor authority

>> No.47628477

>>47627408

>and thus, the spark to lit the bonfire of arcane vs divine went off

>> No.47628500

>>47628080

Now it has also spread to other religious fanaticism

>tips mitre

>> No.47628538

>>47628500
The "deus vult if you don't like the bible you're a cuck xD" alt-right types are the new fedora to be quite honest with you

>> No.47628542

>>47627997
It's literally a covert invasion. They enter, multiply, bring in all their countrymen, all live in the same area, don't assimilate and before you know it they're changing the street signs and winning all the local elections because they vote on religious not political lines and the native population is split.

>> No.47628615

>>47628500
>>47628538
Nah, you fedora-tippers are still treated as jokes, and rightly so.

>> No.47628628

>>47627426
>No.
>I don't even know how you came to this conclusion, even just reading the simple Wikipedia page would've corrected you.

He's not far off.
The notion that the creator of the world is evil is the basis of gnosticism, the demiurge is a deceiver.

>> No.47628667

>>47627323
Fuck of Vaati

>> No.47628695

>>47628538
> Support for Pinochet
It's like people don't know that he tripled the poverty rate.

>> No.47628700

>>47628695
>falling this hard for disinfo

>> No.47628721

>>47627235
Or that the Crusades were brief periods of bloodshed followed by decades of growth. The funny thing is that the Crusader States actually allied with muslims a lot, and the two cultures really began to fuse with each other until the Crusaders were finally kicked out. But the Crusades certainly were good- after the immediate wars of the First and Second, they were both followed by decades of trade and cultural explosions thanks to Europe being re-introduced to Eastern goods from Arabia and China. Science, medicine, and spices came flooding in through the middle east and Crusader States.

>> No.47628741

>>47628615
Nah, you should try interacting with the real world. Oh, right, the real world tends to remind you of your place as a laughing stock a bit too much so you have to pretend you're still the almighty pre-revolutionary church.

>>47628542
>invasion scenarion #9010, this time we swear it's true, unlike with the italians, chinese, germans, vietnamese, mexicans, french, jews, etc

>> No.47628756

>>47628080
It actually started out with MRAs

>> No.47628762

>>47628721
WAR!

What is it good for?

Cultural EXCHANGE!!!

>> No.47628775

>>47628741
Have you actually BEEN to Europe?

>> No.47628777

>>47627864
>me and the Christians had a deal.
We didn't and their churches will make kindling for the mosques, tyvm

>> No.47628794

>>47628741
It is unlike those. Previous instances didn't bring rampant terrorism, rape, and forced conversion to a backwards death cult. Immigrants in the past actually bothered to learn the language and assimilate. Instead, mudslimes try to force the country they're invading to convert to their ways or die.

>> No.47628805

>>47628775
Yes. Have you? Like, are you literally entirely going off your insanity and /pol/?

I bet you think shit is being covered up because not everything bad any refugee does is front page everyday all day like it should be in a proper rosbif tabloid.

>> No.47628831

>>47628741
>Nah, you should try interacting with the real world

Careful there, tipper. You're getting a little euphoric.

>> No.47628863

>>47628794
>rampant terrorism
Name one terror plot done by refugees
>rape
The effect on rape stats is a blip on the radar. The Sweden argument you cucks keep bringing up is partly that Sweden expanded the definition of rape in recent years, something you've been crying about for decades
>forced conversion to a backwards death cult
My ancestors were forcibly converted to a backwards death cult at multiple points in history.

>Immigrants in the past actually bothered to learn the language
If that was true England wouldn't exist and there would be no germans on the western shore of the Rhine.

>> No.47628903

>>47628831
>We are the almighty sword of the church
>Which is why our only reaction is to call fedora
So, did you solve the problem evil today? Because at this point the only argument against it is "hurricanes exist because free will" and that's not even accounting for the stupidity of relying on free will to reject a philosophical argument when half your sects don't even believe in it.

>> No.47628907

>>47628805
> Like, are you literally entirely going off your insanity and /pol/?

> ignores the fact that large swaths of Europe are now forced to live under sharia law
> ignores the rampant rape and terrorist attacks
> thinks that when refugees commit crimes the media shouldn't report it

Leftists are amazing, just when you think that they can't get any more disgusting, they prove you wrong.

>> No.47628933

>>47628903
Oh damn, I didn't realize you were actually a fedora-tipper. My bad.

>> No.47628938

>>47628903
God does not exist to solve your problems or protect you from suffering.

>> No.47628955

>>47628805
>Yes. Have you? Like, are you literally entirely going off your insanity and /pol/?
Okay, take a look at Belgium now and then imagine what it's going to be like in 15 years.

>> No.47628959

>>47628907
>> ignores the fact that large swaths of Europe are now forced to live under sharia law
And those would be?

>rampant rape and terrorist attacks
But slavs are christian, anon

>thinks that when refugees commit crimes the media shouldn't report it
Oh, I get it, you're functionally illiterate. You know newspapers have other pages besides the front page, do you? I figure the alt-right is too busy using its self-proclaimed intelligence to fall for the headlines, like the morons they claim not to be.

>> No.47628996

>>47628933
It's a little known fact that Epicurius invented fedoras
Fucking redditfugees, I guess autism made it too hard to get that the things about this place being christian and wholesome were memes?

>> No.47629012

>>47628955
>and then imagine
A few french departments, a few dutch provinces.
If you moved every arab to the EU you'd still not have anywhere near 50% arabs.

>> No.47629024

>>47628863
> Name one terror plot done by refugees
One of the Paris attackers was a refugee.

> The effect on rape stats is a blip on the radar.
And that makes it okay? Leftists blab on about how much they care about women, but apparently when Ahmed rapes women in the street, they're suddenly eager to dismiss the whole thing and pretend that it didn't happen.

Thankfully, people are finally starting to wake up and see the left for what it is, a murder-suicide attempt against western civilization by the most disgusting bottom feeders of society.

>> No.47629056

>>47628938
So why does he exist then? If he gave us our supposed reason to be, then what's his and what gave it to him?

Also, he's directly responsible for the suffering, he's not an inactive bystander.

>> No.47629078

>>47628794
>Previous instances didn't bring rampant terrorism
Yeah, no-one associates Italians, the Irish or other immigrant minorities with crime and murder...

>> No.47629087

>>47629012
> If you moved every arab to the EU you'd still not have anywhere near 50% arabs.

Right now. Between the mudslimes breeding out of control and raping anyone they can catch, then forcing europeans taxpayers to foot the bill for their rape babies first before any support for actual europeans, they'll be the majority in the blink of an eye.

>> No.47629104

>>47625633
Everybody here is wrong.

There WAS a Dark Age. We call it that because there's a gap in information from the immediate fall of the Roman Empire to the Early Middle Ages, around the 500's to the 800's. There also WAS stagnation and loss of wisdom in this era, but it was not because of the Church. It was because the fucking glue that held the western world together, the Western Roman Empire, croaked and all of its administration went to shit.

>> No.47629117

>>47629056
> Also, he's directly responsible for the suffering, he's not an inactive bystander.

This is what leftists actually think.

The person responsible for your suffering is you. Don't want to suffer? Then get off your ass and do a little work for once in your life. It's called "personal responsibility." Try it some time.

>> No.47629155

>>47629117
That doesn't account for cases where suffering occurs regardless of the amount of effort. Not everything can be made right with hard work and elbow grease.

>> No.47629223

>>47629117
>The person responsible for your suffering is you.
There's bunch of factors in play, but essentially yeah, it boils down to that.
Personally, I'd just like that some 10 - 20 years down the line my options for living a decent life wouldn't be reduced to various flavors of "move overseas".

>> No.47629256

>>47628762
>>47628721
I thought the cultural exchange came more through Venice, that went all 'Capitalism ho!' and started trading with the Muslim world when the rest of Europe was all 'no tentheads allowed'.

>> No.47629261

>>47627025
>>47627194
History is written by any asshole who decides that he's writing history.
He says that he's studied the ancients, and he makes his declaration of judgment, and we all swallow it because he said that he's a historian, no matter how shitty the research in question.

>> No.47629298

>>47628996
There is nothing sadder than a fedora-tipper hoping to pretend he is not reviled.

No, your next utterance will be treated as petty damage control, as was your last. Save yourself the added shame by keeping it to yourself.

>> No.47629361

>>47629256
> started trading with the Muslim world when the rest of Europe was all 'no tentheads allowed'.

> implying mudslimes had anything worthwhile to exchange
The benefits came from access to the rest to the world on the other side of arabia. The muslim world was just a backwards shithole that happened to be in the way.

>> No.47629382

>>47628628
True but the Devil (assuming he is a different entity than the Demiurge) is not in anyway right or heroic. The King of Hell in most branches of Gnosticism is either working for the Demiurge or thinks the Demiurge is God and is rebelling to become a Demiurge himself.

>> No.47629455

>It's an "American atheists act as if they have first hand experience of the situation in Europe and regurgitate things they read on Breitbart and /pol/ and go into a meltdown over dune coons while simultaneously accusing the Left of being emotionally twitchy media slaves" episode
Ebin

>> No.47629469

>>47628741
Holy shit, the delusions are real. You need help.

>> No.47629475

>>47628695
Wrong. Under Pinochet, Chile went from a socialist shithole to one of the freest economies in the world, with a GDP per capita that outstripped any of its South American rivals.

>> No.47629495

>>47624248
It would be spooky

>> No.47629545

>>47628959
Let's ignore that his first point is fundamentally retarded. Europe hasn't reached the point where Sharia law is in place in certain areas yet.

But you're also ignoring all the rapes that occur in countries like France, Sweden and Germany along with the fact that the German media outright refuses to report on some of them (sometimes even calling refugees 'tanned Germans').

If you ignore that, you are evil.

>> No.47629621

>>47629361
Yeah, spices to hide the stench of rotting meat, colored glass because it was all pretty and shit, stuff that came over from Asia that went to Arab-land first, and jewgold that went towards a wealthy class of people that paid others to science and art the shit out of stuff for them.

>> No.47629635

>>47629475
1.) Most of the growth in GDP occurred under a left wing government that took over after Pinochet. Pinochet ruled from 1973 to 1990, during which time Chile's GDP per capita was below average for Latin America.

2.) Under Pinochet the poverty rate went from 17% to 48%. Unemployment doubled and real wages fell as well. What little wealth Pinochet brought in to Chile went to a small number of already wealthy people, with the vast majority of the Chilean people seeing little improvement. The left wing government that followed, on the other hand, was successfully able to bring poverty down to 20% while also seeing substantial GDP growth.

>> No.47629647

>>47629545
>Europe hasn't reached the point where Sharia law is in place in certain areas yet.
Actually, some districts and neighborhoods in the EU do have sharia police

>> No.47629664

>>47629647
He used the term 'large swathes', which I felt had to be addressed, but you aren't wrong.

>> No.47629680

>>47624795
>Are we gonna ignore the Dark Ages
>the Dark Ages
>Dark Ages

HAHAHAHA! Look at this peasant wanting to argue history and using a term that was outdated in 1970! HAHAHAH! Look at him! Look at him and laugh!

>> No.47629683

>>47629647
Yeah but a group of Pakis in the ends of London or some other inner-city shit hole picking on teenagers for drinking in public at the wrong time isn't exactly "large swaths of Europe," is it?

>> No.47629707

>>47629683
When that's happening it practically every city in Europe, that's exactly what it is.

>> No.47629723

>>47629647
I don't know the truth of that, but in the UK there are Sharia courts which 'mainly exist to handle matters like divorce', because UK law has no provisions for polygamous relationships.

Bigamy is illegal, but somehow if Abdul brings his three wives over, that's fine so long as they got married in Shitstainia.

>> No.47629729

>>47629680
Well I misquoted in my post. My rage was too strong. I'll retire now in shame.

>> No.47629735

>>47625633
>>47625758
>>47625765
>>47625805
>>47625867
>>47625924
>>47625930
>>47625979
>>47626046
>>47626509
>>47626694
>>47626850
>>47627904
>>47629104
Will you fucking idiots stop buying hook line and sinker into this terrible meme?

The Dark Ages did occur, they aren't synonymous with the middle ages or the medieval era, and there was a very significant reduction in human progress in that period. It's not entirely the fault of Christcucks, but they did have a big hand in it, as they helped to create and maintain the absurd system of feudalism that came out of the Roman post-apocalypse. Furthermore scholasticism was highly unscientific, focused almost entirely on theology, and hardly uncontroversial.

Of course progress falls to shit when a bunch of illiterate snowniggers, steppeniggers, and kikes culturally enrich the greatest empire in the world to death.

>> No.47629737

>>47629707
Nice supporting evidence you've presented there, champ. You're probably American, aren't you?

>> No.47629770

>>47629455
>It's... episode

Do you even recognize how gay you sound?

>> No.47629799

>>47629735
Whoa, you had a chance to back away, but now we know you are genuinely retarded.

>> No.47629803

>>47629707
That was the start, but similar shit has happened in Copenhagen and all over Germany.

The heart of the matter is that Islam is not just a religion. It is also a political system, and you can't easily divide the two. Secularising people that lived under an atypical theocracy is gonna be hard

>> No.47629824

DAMN IT /TG/ CAN'T YOU FUCKING STAY ON TOPIC

>> No.47629832

>>47629723
>somehow if Abdul brings his three wives over, that's fine so long as they got married in Shitstainia.
Another deal on that front is men coming married to underage girls...

>> No.47629839

>>47629737
> Actually notice ragheads trying to force their laws on my country
> "You must be American."
No, I'm just not a retarded leftist who remains perpetually in denial.

>> No.47629859

>>47629824
/tg/ has never been good at that. Don't like it? Go crawling back to your "safe space."

>> No.47629879

>>47629839
Where the fuck do you live then? Don't conflate whatever underclass riddled shithole you're squatting in which doesn't have enough infrastructure to keep mudslimes at bay with every other city in Europe.

>> No.47629939

>mfw this thread
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmFSR2E4sCY

>> No.47629940

>>47629879
Yeah fuck poor people right?

>> No.47629943

>>47629824
Not staying on topic is not a bug, it's a feature.

>> No.47629990

>>47629824
what film?
whats with the hitler in the back?

>> No.47629994

>>47625054
Then eldritch horrors are able to emulate cognitive biases of a relatively hairless bipedal ape for some unknown goal as effectively as relatively hairless bipedal apes can do themselves.

At that point it's moot, we're already poorly optimized survival engines being manipulated by our own biology, something as complex, arcane and poorly understood as any Eldritch horror.

>> No.47630006

>>47628166
they have more reason to excist but probobly a lot of them die out. The big ones that allredy ahd guns/traning and were getting read for a revolution probobly have a part of the city under control and sacrifice people from time to time, the ones who were very fringe or small will last intill their followers die out. Probobly a form of children of the apocalypse do battle with them

>> No.47630018

>>47629839
Nice bait, pal.

>> No.47630038

>>47629879
I live in Austria. We almost did finally get someone who would keep the mudslimes out, but the left brought in outside agitators to block his election. We came within less than a percent of getting a leader who wasn't bound by political correctness and could actually recognize the "refugees" for what they really were. But the rest of you couldn't stand the idea of people finding hope in nationalism. You'd rather have Ahmed barge into your home and tell you how to live, and force everyone else to do the same.

>> No.47630074

>>47629824
>/pol/gettogether2016.webm

>> No.47630075

>>47629879
>Don't conflate whatever underclass riddled shithole you're squatting in which doesn't have enough infrastructure to keep mudslimes at bay
Ironic since the rich are deliberately choosing to bring them in in great numbers knowing that they won't be a part of their own community. Then they slam the poor with allegations of racism, since they're obviously too ignorant to tolerate the new neighbors they never wanted.

E.g. fucking Rotherham.

>> No.47630100

>>47629990
You haven't seen Blazing Saddles? Go out and watch it right now.

>> No.47630107

>>47630075
>Rotherham
Considering how rampant pedophilia is in Bongistan, isn't that proof that they're assimilating?

>> No.47630112

>>47628907
>europe
>sharia law
Dude have you ever been to europe? I mean ever? The only places that have even a drop of sharia law are the extreem ghettos of france and england, and that's only if you are stupid enogh to go there after dark. Fucking slavs are more violent after a few drinks than refugess, and i know wtf. im talking about because i am a fucking slav and i live in slav central (poland)

>> No.47630140

>>47630075
And then the left pretends to speak for the poor, all while condemning them to live in fear of rape, terrorism, and forced conversion.

>> No.47630159

>>47630112
What an ignorant little cuckold you are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42jpuXJPk0w

>> No.47630165

>>47630140
Yes, I'm sure only the rich voted for the winning candidate, it makes obvious perfect sense on a demographic level. It's all a conspiracy.

>> No.47630173

>>47630112
> slavshit
Opinion discarded. You people can't even see your own hand in front of your face, let alone notice what is going on around you.

>> No.47630181

>>47629545
>But you're also ignoring all the rapes that occur in countries like France, Sweden and Germany
A few procenteg. While i agree that this is not something to be ignored and shold be delt with, lets not make a apocalypse scenerio out of this now.
>media outright refuses to report on some of them
Media overall dose not report on rape. Rape happens every day on multiple occasions, usually people who are so angry at shitskins touching white butts are the same people who are agients harsher rape and molestation punishemts, if you are angry because a paki did it and not a white guy, you are part of the problem
>If you ignore that, you are evil.
Maybe, but blowing it all out of proprtions is even worse

>> No.47630239

>>47630107
It's a toff pursuit, so they're either rapidly moving up the social ladder or they're just encouraged to come because they share common interests with the ruling classes.

>> No.47630250

>>47629735
You dumb fucking cunt, is was a term used to describe the lack of information we had in the transitional period of the Migration era to the end of the Early Middle Ages. We now have a lot more information of the time and the term is now solely used by people who want to paint the whole of the Middle Ages are something irredeemably terrible.

It certainly doesn't help that Renaissance scholars did everything in their power to tar the reputation of what came before to lend themselves more legitimacy.

>> No.47630256

>>47630181
Listen, I don't want to completely blow you off like a total asshole, but I can't fucking understand what you just said.

>> No.47630266

>>47630159
I can find similar videos of commies, nationalists, anarchists, conservatives, chatolics and a ton of other ideologys doing the same thing. Whats your point? That there will be violent people with mental problem among a population felling from war and terror who all have seen some fucked up shit? Yes, do we need to deal with it? Yes. But closing the boarders wont give you anything

>> No.47630277

>>47630165
Labour losses in the UK are largely the result of them ignoring the white working class because they foolishly assumed that they were guaranteed to vote for them, since they're the 'peoples party'.

They take the poor for granted and hold them in disdain, but still pitch the rhetoric of being a populist movement.

>> No.47630286

>>47630256
Sorry mate, im hangover and forgot to use spellcheck,
*>But you're also ignoring all the rapes that occur in countries like France, Sweden and Germany
A few percentage. While i agree that this is not something to be ignored and should be dealt with, lets not make a apocalypse scenario out of this now.
>media outright refuses to report on some of them
Media overall dose not report on rape. Rape happens every day on multiple occasions, usually people who are so angry at shitskins touching white butts are the same people who are agents harsher rape and molestation punishments, if you are angry because a paki did it and not a white guy, you are part of the problem
>If you ignore that, you are evil.
Maybe, but blowing it all out of proportions is even worse

>> No.47630319

>>47630286
No one's trying to make it into an apocalyptic scenario - it's not at that point yet. But it's undeniable that incidents of rape are going up.

Aside from that, you're fairly right - aside from the part about blowing it out of proportion. I disagree, it's perfectly in proportion.

>> No.47630330

>>47630286
>Rape happens every day on multiple occasions, usually people who are so angry at shitskins touching white butts
Organized gangs with a foothold in local government or law enforcement orchestrating the rape of thousands of girls is not the same as a few creeps and some drunk chavs raping a few girls.

>> No.47630332

>>47629117
Realize your idealogy is showing through here. Only people who suffer are those who don't work?

While a great societal meme to keep productivity high, work doesn't prevent suffering. Work will not set you free.

Life is suffering. Reality is fundamentally hostile.

>> No.47630383

>>47630330
>foothold in local government or law enforcement
You are talking about the far righ? How the fuck did you come to a conclusion that islamists have a foothold in goverment and police? Plus like 80% of thouse attacks were thefts not rape

>> No.47630427

>>47630383
> How the fuck did you come to a conclusion that islamists have a foothold in goverment and police?
The government has been the one importing them, and the police have refused to treat them like the menace that they have already proven themselves to be. And if anyone objects, the government comes down on them for being "racist." It's clear to anyone with a brain that they've allied with the Islamists.

>> No.47630457

>>47624838
You brought up religion. How new are you? If you're not new don't act like you didn't see this coming, don't act like this isn't exactly what you wanted, slut.

>> No.47630489

>>47630427
For what purpose?

>> No.47630529

>>47629735

>> No.47630550

>>47624838
Blame whichever edgy kid mentioned the crusades

>> No.47630577

>>47630250
>You dumb fucking cunt, is was a term used to describe the lack of information we had in the transitional period of the Migration era to the end of the Early Middle Ages.

It also refers to the hellish collapse of civilization that occurred in Europe when the Western Empire fell. Roman civilization was exponentially more complex, specialized, productive, and scientific than any other European civilization until at least the 18th century.

Feudalism and the middle ages are a byproduct of snowniggers stealing Roman lands and not understanding what they're for. The large rural agricultural compounds managed by Romans for the market of the entire Empire, which enabled huge population centers and a very high degree of labor specialization (which in turn allowed for lots of inquiry into the natural world and the principles that govern it), were turned into fortress capitals for Karl, Franz, and Charles the invading snowniggers, who only knew how to rape and steal.

The Church gave Karl a crown, a scepter, and a tile - and cared not a bit for the fruitless toiling of the feudal system they enabled, because, after all, the temporal is sinful and there is no salvation on earth.

Everything after the Migration period, up until at least the Renaissance, was a Mad Max-tier post-apocalypse situation where a bunch of burly dudes with the biggest swords ran the show without a fucking clue how or why the way the world was the way it was.

If not for the Eastern Empire, I expect that Western civilization would have been on par with sub-Saharan civilization.

>> No.47630580

>>47624248
you'd have every jrpg ever

>> No.47630594

>>47630577
Yeah, that's just a load of bullshit.

>> No.47630616

>>47630489
Multi ethnic societies have less trust than homogenous societies.

Less trusting, divided societies are easier to enact neoliberal policies in.

Incidentally, every single mainstream politician and business leader is a neoliberal.

>> No.47630644

>>47630489
because I need a boogieman to explain why the south is so god damn horrible

>> No.47630665

>>47630577
>If not for the Eastern Empire, I expect that Western civilization would have been on par with sub-Saharan civilization.

Before the renaissance, Southern England and North Italy still had an order of magnitude more wealth than the majority of the world, on par with the Levant and the great cities of the east.

>> No.47630681

>>47630594
>no ur wrong lol
Romans achieved a level of social, intellectual, and economic sophistication that nearly rivals our own. Snowniggers literally shit in the streets like hindu dindus.

>>47630665
>there's a lot of kikes in London and Venice
No shit, Sherlock.

>> No.47630743

>>47630681
Apart from Juden Tricks, those two regions are just intensely fertile, defensible locations, and would have been centres of civilization regardless of which flavour.

They had rich enough land that SOME civilization would have picked up just because of all the surplus manpower, much like the Indus Valley or Mesopotamia were always very likely to be sources of early civilization.

Specifically arguing against that Anon's point that Europe could have been nigger tier.

>> No.47630853

>>47630743
Okay I will admit that was incendiary hyperbole, after all niggers have the <80 IQ genetic malus that they never worked around (also I was thinking of East Africa rather than the darkest depths), but this Christcuck meme that things steadily got better over time and there was no major systems collapse in Europe is unacceptable.

Kikes (and their Christcuck servants) and barbarians effectively destroyed civilization for several centuries.

>> No.47630887

>>47630681
>Romans achieved a level of social, intellectual, and economic sophistication that nearly rivals our own. Snowniggers literally shit in the streets like hindu dindus.
You completely disregard everything non-roman for some reason. Gotcha.

>> No.47630909

>>47630580
Yeah pretty much. JRPGs establish western religion(Christianity) as 'innocent but misguided', with most followers unaware that they are following some horrible monster and the upper echelons mercilessly stamping out anyone that tries to reveal the truth.

Ironic seeing as how they basically did the same to Japanese converts what Romans did to the emerging Christian faith.

>> No.47630926

>>47630853
Then we actually agree with each other Anon.

This feels weird.

>> No.47630929

>>47630887
As far as proper civilizations go, there's Rome and China, and to some extent Persia. The Eastern Empire and the Abbasids get honorable mention.

>> No.47630971

>>47630929
Define proper civilization.

>> No.47631004

>>47630577
>Roman civilization was exponentially more complex, specialized, productive, and scientific than any other European civilization until at least the 18th century.

Why are Romaboos so delusional?

>> No.47631033

>>47630577
I think it was just as much the Roman's fault for the fall of civilization because they
>failed to Romanize bar-bars
So all these tribes living in and around the Roman Empire had no sense of Roman identity and were thus slower to accept Roman ideas that didn't have a big fat paycheck attached to it

>and the Council of Nicea
And all the shit surrounding it. With the exile of Christians that didn't follow the accepted dogma of the Roman Christians, they went out to convert aforementioned bar-bars, further cementing the sense of alienation between them and Roman overlords.

>> No.47631037

>>47630929
>implying the "barbarians" weren't proper civilizations

>> No.47631071

>>47630971
I'm gonna guess Anon means an organized military, a working bureaucracy with a writing system that was or still is part of a writing system used today, and established government that required specialized knowledge, and a smug sense of superiority for anyone that wasn't them.

>> No.47631078

>>47631037
Don't bother.

He's one of those "If it's not Roman it wasn't a real civilization" types.

>> No.47631080

>>47630971
>muh subjective analysis
I don't care what value framework you adopt, you will never convince any reasonable person that a civilization I did not list is equal to or superior than one I did. Certainly you will never successfully argue that the Goths or Alans or Vandals or Franks or whatever other snownigger horde you masturbate to over your copy of the KJV Bible even belongs in the same breath.

>> No.47631105

>>47631071
>>47631071
That'd be just about every group of people ever.

>> No.47631117

>>47631080
I was genuinely curious, Anon. Don't always assume hostile intent. It limits the spread of truth.

>> No.47631138

>>47631080
>Alans
>Scandinavians/Germanic

You just went even fuller retard. We thought you had gone full retard before but you just keep pushing that bar up another notch.

>> No.47631139

>>47624795
But what does their culture matter at all? Who gives a fuck if any culture at all gets fucked by any other. It's all an illusion of the mind. Culture is not an argueing point you fuck

>> No.47631160

>>47631105
Well I think a bigger difference is that when Romans/Chinese went traipsing through a foreign land, conquered it, and left, the locals wanted to be like them and adopted their customs, language, culture, etc.

>> No.47631164

>>47631117
>>47630971
Also to answer my own question, a civilization is essentially a supertribe of memes geared towards reproducing itself.

As such, either Islam, Post Enlightenment West, or China are the greatest civilizations. Quality of life or any other metric doesn't matter. Only growth. Everything else is to facilitate growth.

>> No.47631192

>>47631139
B-but muh Prime Directive!

>> No.47631220

>>47631138
Snowniggers is a term that covers all those wretched, hunched, savage hordes that invaded Europe in the so called "migration" period. Of course now we have another "migration" period coming with the same consequences.

>> No.47631248

>>47630909
even when I was little I always assumed any pope you came across in video games I'd inevitably have to murder for whatever reason

>> No.47631291

>>47631220
It really isn't.

>> No.47631307

>>47630577
>Everything after the Migration period, up until at least the Renaissance, was a Mad Max-tier post-apocalypse situation where a bunch of burly dudes with the biggest swords ran the show without a fucking clue how or why the way the world was the way it was.

>> No.47631347

>these assblasted catholics on full damage control
Either be Orthodox or Protestant, or go home

>> No.47631403

>>47631347
>Orthodox
Hows the kebab removal coming along? Taken back Constantinople yet?
>Protestant
Hows the bonfire? Got enough books on it?

>> No.47631427

>>47631307
>le spangboob hook maymay

>> No.47631465

>>47631347
>forced elf

In an awful thread filled with terrible posts, you still managed to make the worst post in it.

>> No.47631742

>>47628805
>meanwhile EU has literally made a criminal offense of criticizing immigration policies on social media

>> No.47631941

>>47628805
>I bet you think shit is being covered up because not everything bad any refugee does is front page everyday all day like it should be in a proper rosbif tabloid.
Have you heard of the headline "Germany can't become an Arabic country, Dalai Lama says" or "Dalai Lama says ‘too many’ refugees, Europe … Cannot Become An Arab Country"? Now guess how much exposure that got in the mainstream media? If I search dalai lama on tagesschau.de I don't find an article about him saying that.
So yeah, there is definitely some covering up done, or at least the articles are chosen in a very biased way. I believe that.

Pic related:
Methods of Manipulation
Lection 1: Set Focus
FAZ: "AfD-Vice insults Jerome Boateng."
Dalai Lama: "Germany can not become an arabic country."
Gauland: Results from the last 7 days: 29
Dalai Lama: Results from the last 7 days: 0

>> No.47631985

>>47624444

>> No.47632085

>>47631742
>tfw still no party van
>oh wait, you're just full of shit

>> No.47632127

>>47631403
>>47631465
Exhibits A and B

>> No.47632232

>Another successful crimsom capsule operative
Okay, I do share a lot of views with that-board, but can you please stop going to places like this (a fucking traditional games board) in which the people who frequent the site don't really care about what you are trying to say, and let's be honest, in the worst way possible?
We were trying to discuss about ELDRITCH HORRORS as the true gods from the major religions in a fantasy/sci-fi setting then came the fedora wielder faggots and then finally "muh romuns".

Like, it's kind of understandable if you're want to inform to the receiving public something the right way (if they're taking about the same topic or another related firsthand of course) and not just going there running around with your half-assed propaganda yelling all over the place. The only thing you're going to gain from that is the reputation of you guys not being capable of having a discussion.

>but I'm right hear me to understand what's going on
That's not the fucking point. I can go to a bank in rush hour and start yelling "URANIUM DECAYS TO RADIUM WHICH IS HIGHLY TOXIC AND RADIOACTIVE" but nobody will care about that for obvious reasons.

>> No.47632241

>>47624795
>denies the effect of contraceptives

Didn't the current pope recently say basically "Don't have sex outside of marriage, but if you do, use a condom."?

>> No.47632265

>>47632241
Yes.

Pope Francis is the best Pope we have had for a very long time.

>> No.47632336

>>47624444
>Catholic church
>inquisition
>expelling jews and muslims from Spain
>supporting franquists
>supporting mussolini
>supporting the conquest of the americas "to gain souls"
>covering up child molestors
Thank you so much for the charity

>> No.47632363

Just an unfriendly reminder to all the alt-right dumbfucks that no gods exist. You all continue to be an embarrassment to the human race. And thanks for ruining yet another thread you fucking mongoloids.

>> No.47632374

>>47629735

Rome was Christian you fucking retard. The dark ages were sparked by its fall, something instigated by the fucking pagans.

>> No.47632380

>>47632336
Still less fucked up than what the US has been doing for the last 50 years.

>> No.47632407

>>47632363

>> No.47632409

>>47625448

No, you don't understand. In the Buddha's teachings, he tells us we are all one. This idea appears in different religious writings as well. Don't you see?

We are the fractured intelligence of a supreme outer god whom these elder gods bound to feed upon our power. Only through meditation and compassion can we all accept the other as one, and rise up and crush these Elder Gods who feed upon our innate power of creation.

>> No.47632411

>>47632336
>supporting mussolini
What you mean being held at gunpoint by him?

>> No.47632436

>>47632374
>alt-right revisionism
Have you considered swallowing your own tongue?

>> No.47632460

>>47632363

Don't you have a Trump rally to go attack?

>> No.47632465

>>47632336
>Covering up for child molesters.
The only thing on the list that requires an apology.

>> No.47632467

>>47632085
I'll even help you out here lad. Google ''EU social media'' and tell me the headlines that come up.

>> No.47632479

>>47632460
Are you going to be there? Maybe I could knock some of the stupid out of you.

>> No.47632486

>>47632363

>> No.47632489

>>47632374
>>47632436
>The fall of Rome was caused by just 1 thing.

>> No.47632511

>>47632479

I'll be taking your wife's son along.

>> No.47632523

>>47632486
>muh deism has been threatened!
>surely memes will save me!
There are still no gods and you're still fucking retarded.

>> No.47632537

>>47632436

>Hurr durr who is Constantine

>>47632489

There were many reasons, Rome was poised to fall. I would just call the raids a trigger

>> No.47632539

>>47632467
So you are admitting you're full of shit. That's nice of you.

Why don't you do a /tg/exit?

>> No.47632580

>>47632511
Why, you gonna go show him how to give blowjobs to authority figures? I'm sure you'd be pretty good at that, and it could instill the proper level of disgust that functioning humans should feel.

>> No.47632644

>>47632580
I'm glad that the kids these days will eventually be massacred by Muslims after all the sensible folk have died of old age.

>> No.47632649

>>47632380
true
>>47632465
It's easy to be edgy on 4chan. I doubt you have the guts to say that to someone who had a relative killed under Franco.

>> No.47632744

What the fuck happened to this board? A year ago, we would have been able to have a civil, in depth discussion about the topic, instead of decaying into a fight over politics or history in regards to religion.

>> No.47632747

>>47632644
Wipe the authoritarian ejaculate out of your eyes and maybe you'll start to have some goddamn shame. Having you alt-right dickgobblers around is like having a retard wallowing in his own shit and then grinning at you. You're a fucking embarrassment for everyone around.

>> No.47632787 [DELETED] 

>>47632649
I'd welcome someone who lived it first-hand to correct me. Perhaps American public and university education has ignored their atrocities with the same vigor it whitewashed it as bad as the did the Soviets, Koreans and Chinese.

>> No.47632799 [DELETED] 

>>47632744
A year ago the site wasn't overrun with /pol/ cancer. There were still some boards where alt-right farthuffers weren't welcome. Now they've spilled out into the internet at large.

>> No.47632822

>>47632523
How do you know that for sure?
I think there may or may not be god(s), but that we can't find out for sure right now.

>>47632539
There are plans on censoring right comments on YT, FB etc in europe, or germany at least. So what's your point?

>> No.47632836

>>47632747
You wannabe-commies get more venomous each day in direct proportionality to your desperation, and it's hilarious.

>> No.47632853

>>47632799
The image comparing /pol/ to furries has never been more relevant than presently.

>> No.47632858

>>47632799
Why is /pol/ still a thing if it obviously failed its purpose as a containment board?

>> No.47632888

>>47632799
>There were still some boards where alt-right farthuffers weren't welcome
Maybe the problem is dickweeds like you who get their panties in a twist and derail a thread when someone has 'the wrong opinion'.

>> No.47632895

>>47632787
>>47632649
>I'd welcome someone who lived it first-hand to correct me. Perhaps American public and university education has ignored their atrocities with the same vigor it whitewashed the actions of the Soviets, Koreans and Chinese.
Wow, let me fucking proofread that this time, I'm distracted and tried to reword it.

>> No.47632915

>>47632822
If there were any all-powerful beings it ought to be abundantly obvious. The world ought to be full of mysteries only explainable by the will of some omnipotent force. Instead, the more we examine the world around us, the more it looks like everything is caused by naturalistic forces with no intelligent will behind them.

Gods "may" exist in the same sense that fairies "may" exist, because all available evidence points to the opposite.

>> No.47632946 [DELETED] 

>>47632523
m8 I'm not even religious, you're just an aspie.

Literally lmaoing at your life.

>> No.47632950

>>47632836
>>47632888
Your opinions are fucking retard opinions. Fucking take the authoritarian penis out of your mouth, wash your fucking nasty face, and get the fuck over it. Jesus fucking christ.

>> No.47632980

>>47632946
>oh shit he called me out on my meme cancer
>time to double down! that will show everyone

>> No.47633001

>>47632888
But getting their panties in a twist is exactly what alt-righters do, except their word for 'wrong opinion' is 'libtardery' or 'left cuckery' or whatever the fuck.

>> No.47633004

>>47632853
>>47632858
>>47632888
>>47632895
>>47632915
>>47632946
>>47632950
>>47632980


Welp this thread is now officially terminal. When's the new thread?

>> No.47633025

>>47633004
when this shit relates to /tg/ and not real life politics.

>> No.47633026

>>47633004
It's over at >>>/pol/ my friend.

>> No.47633030

>>47632950
>"I'm fighting fascism on the internet"
Bore off, you fucking knob-end

>> No.47633039

>>47632915
So if you were part of an uncontacted tribe somwhere, the western civilization would not exist, because you have not seen any influence from them?

I mean, yes all evidence points against god(s) existing. But for those tribes all evidence points against the west existing as well, and yet here we are.

>> No.47633058

>>47633004
Thread's been terminal for a good 200 posts now.

>> No.47633088

>>47633030
>s-s-surely if we leave the alt-right cancer alone it will go away by itself, r-r-right?
Blow it out your ass, enabler.

>> No.47633105

>>47632950
You know that small bit of euphoria that you get when you have the first sip of ice-cold local beer after a hard day's work? That wave of contented relaxation that washes over your system?
I know you don't know that feeling personally, but I'm trying to describe my emotional state every time I see a degenerate writhing in impotent rage.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action