Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 1.86 MB, 1066x1772, 1445879318952.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
43366149 No.43366149 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

>What is Exalted?
An epic high-flying role-playing game about reborn god-heroes in a world that turned on them.
Start here: http://theonyxpath.com/category/worlds/exalted/

>That sounds cool, how can I get into it?
Read the 3e core book (link below). For mechanics of the old edition, play this tutorial: http://jyenicolson.net/exalted/. It'll get you familiar with most of the mechanics.

>Gosh that was fun. How do I find a group?
Roll20 and the Game Finder General here on /tg/. With the new edition, though, chances are more games will crop up.

Resources for Third Edition
>3E Backer Core https://mega.nz/#!E1dRBBIa!ZbQG4IasYCJRli2bhgE2MOdWeFAeV3N1rqL9kAIGbNE
>Character Sheet & Init tracker: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByD2BL6J89Nick41YUk0RUt3YlU
>General Homebrew dumping folder: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByD2BL6J89NiQzdCWWFaY0c5Mkk&usp=sharing
>Collection of old 3e Materials, including comics and fiction anthologies https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2arqtqtyyt28/Exalted_3Leak
>Charm Trees:
>Solar Charms: https://imgur.com/a/q6Vbc
>Martial Arts: https://imgur.com/a/mnQDe
>Evocations: https://imgur.com/a/TYKE4

Resources for 2.5 Edition:
>All books with embedded errata notes, as well as some extras: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/253ulzik1j9s5/Exalted
>Chargen software: http://anathema.github.io/
>Anathema homebrew charm files: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/pka3nz3vqbqda/Anathema_Files
>MA form weapon guide: http://www.brilliantdisaster.net/dif/ExaltedMA.html
>http://www.mediafire.com/view/ua7tanepy2jfkdp/Exalted_2nd_Ed_-_Return_of_the_Scarlet_Empress.pdf

Resources for 1e:
>https://www.mediafire.com/folder/9vp0e9id3by6m/Exalted_1e

Paradox owns White Wolf edition

>> No.43366284

Am I the only one who needs a physical copy to read to truly read the book? Like I can read it now and get it piecemeal but it would take me a few rereads to fully comprehend everything and internalize it. For some reason with an actual book I can do it in one read.

PoD soon plz our new overlord Paradox.

>> No.43366477

Honestly if Paradox are going to get involved in the publishing I'd prefer if they had OP hold off on pushing out the physical book. The charm chapter at least could do with being significantly tightened up, theres a lot of sloppy natural language and random formatting. They should really standardise the text. Really all the mechanics parts could do with at least another pass to tighten them up and clarify them. While the mechanics might be fine they way theyre being conveyed is not.

Along those lines the layout could do with some re-jigging, sort out those tiny fucking sub-headings and so on.

At this point further delay is a drop in the ocean and I'd rather they not rush to print because theyre worried about losing the licence.

>> No.43366537

>>43366477
I just hope Paradox doesn't pull the fucking license from OPP. Yes, the developers may be dickshits; yes, the delays have been ridiculous; yes, the book has problems...but frankly there's enough good shit here that pulling it now is throwing the baby out with the bathwater and I don't want to see Exalted 3e have to go all the way back to square one. Or worse, end up going into dormancy like Trinity Universe pre-OPP.

>> No.43366668

>>43366477
>Along those lines the layout could do with some re-jigging, sort out those tiny fucking sub-headings and so on.
The reason why I read that shit on the phone instead of laptop.
Gotta love ezPDF Reader.

>> No.43366676

>>43366537
Personally, I'd be perfectly happy if they'd just put the screws to them and make them realize that businesses set deadlines for a reason. They can blather all they want about muh art and wanting to deliver the best possible quality, but businesses in any field deliver quality goods in a reasonable time if they want to survive, and artists who refuse to compromise die penniless in gutters.

>> No.43366682

Daily Reminder: Holden and Morke are liars.

>> No.43366687

>>43366537

I really dont see them pulling the licence. What would be the point? Especially as OP has drafts of several books already written (yes, yes, lies, lies). That said personally I dont really care that much either way, 3rd edition, warts and all, is fairly standalone and if for some reason Paradox want to take another crack at P&P RPG's I'd be interested to see what a different team could come up with for Exalted. While 3rd is a decent enough take on it I dont think its a definitive one. I really would like to finally see a system that lives up to the initial goals of 1st edition where charm use felt akin to MtG.

And if the licence was pulled OP could just use the current combat system (the best bit of 3rd edition) for their own fantasy rpg (ha).

>> No.43366707
File: 548 KB, 528x1416, 1445628660280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

What Evocations would artifact N/A Enkitan have?

>> No.43366719

I only started this tonight, but I'm rewriting all the Charms in the book to strip away the fluff and make the language purely mechanical. I'm starting with Brawl but will eventually have it all done. You can find it here.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C6RhmOkf9lU6AMYre59VsmW2-n4VdeJamNKGjplZccI/edit?usp=sharing

>> No.43366738
File: 2.76 MB, 2460x3508, 1403285815029.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43366477
I think Paradox is probably looking at the current Exalted draft and going "who let these fuckwits write a game in a year not before 1999?" They also probably got a hearty laugh from the art. No wonder CCP gave no shits.

>>43366537
If Exalted went into dormancy tomorrow -- which honestly doesn't seem likely, many of the Paradox folks are fans of the setting (just the setting, incidentally) -- that would probably be better than allowing OPP to continue to publish in the game line. It would definitely be better than allowing Holden or Morke anywhere near it.

>>43366676
>and artists who refuse to compromise die penniless in gutters.
Most of the people in the writer block in Ex3 are poors. Broke college students, scam artists, convenience store clerks, crazy person living in China as a slave, etc.

>> No.43366835

So /exg/, last thread I mentioned working on a spirit book homebrew thing. I did a little.

1.) What gods / elementals would you request I translate?

2.) Here is a draft of intro stuff, let me know thoughts:

What you will find in this book:
Chapter 1: Designing Gods
Currently Exalted 3rd Edition leaves storytellers with the option to make spirits with whatever stats and abilities they need for a random antagonist. This is fine, but sometimes having a reference tool can be useful. In this chapter I centralize a bunch of information and give my take on spirit-design for NPCs, player characters, or as the basis for Exigent champions and God-blooded characters.

Chapter 2: Designing Elementals
Exalted 3rd Edition leaves elementals in a similar place to gods, and this chapter is likewise another reference tool.

Chapter 3: Designing the God-blooded and Exigents
Since I already talked about designing the power sources for these beings, it seems easy enough to throw in a similar (smaller) section dedicated to them.

Chapter 4: Using spirits as NPCs
Most often gods and elementals will play the role of an NPC. This chapter will centralize some helpful information regarding how to do that, as well as provide some suggestions on interesting ways to incorporate spirits into a campaign beyond random encounters. It will also include suggested rules on how to create stats for spirits to use in your campaign.

>> No.43366842

I for one certainly hope that holden and morke are still the ones working on exalted, I like their vision of the setting and they have produced mechanics which are, for the first time in the history of the line, good.

>> No.43366849

>>43366835
Chapter 5: Gods as Player Characters
This chapter provides the rules on how to turn a god from a concept (as per chapter 1) into a player character, including stats and mechanics unique to gods.

Chapter 6: Elementals as Player Characters
This chapter provides the rules on how to turn an elemental from a concept (as per chapter 2) into a player character, including stats and mechanics unique to elementals.

Chapter 7: God-blooded as Player Characters
This chapter provides the rules on how to turn a God-blooded character from a concept (as per chapter 3) into a player character, including stats and mechanics unique to the God-blooded.

Chapter 8: Charms
If you know how to play this game you know what fucking charms are. I updated most of the 2nd Edition charms, reworked/combined/split some of those that I couldn't, and added some of my own based on my experiences playing spirit characters in. Probably the least balanced section / the one that needs the most work.

Chapter 9: The Roll of Gods
Information about several gods I translated from 2E, as well as several example gods and god-blooded characters I crafted as a measure of my own system. This chapter includes lore information as well as enough stats to plug them into your campaign as quick NPCs.

Chapter 10: The Roll of Elementals
Information about several Elementals I translated from 2E, as well as several example Elementals and god-blooded characters I crafted as a measure of my own system. This chapter includes lore information as well as enough stats to plug them into your campaign as quick NPCs.

>> No.43366859

>>43366738
>Art
I-Is that...Snake?

>> No.43366860

I like John and Holden's vision for the game. I don't like them as people very much, nor do I respect their ability to manage a project.

I would not at all oppose them continuing to develop Exalted, but they need to be whipped sometimes, and their tendency to overwrite corrected.

>> No.43366927

>>43366687
I'm not really willing to wait for them to find a new team and start again from scratch. Something that works, and works well, is here now, and it is in everybody's best interest that what is here be allowed to continue, even with the current team.

>> No.43366982

>>43366927

>I'm not really willing to wait for them to find a new team and start again from scratch.

Why not? You have your book. I want people competent to work on Exalted from now on and that is not this current Dev team. It is not in my interest to keep hacks employed when there are better alternatives. 2e lacked a unified vision. 3e has a unified vision that is flawed.

>> No.43366988

>>43366860
This, more or less.

>>43366676
>Paradox
>setting deadlines, ever, before the product is very nearly done

Bruh have I got news for you.

>> No.43367004

>>43366982
I don't really think there are better alternatives. I legitimately don't think the game could be any better than it is now within a reasonable span of time. They may not be the most likeable chaps but they made a damn fine game at the end of the day. I'd rather what's here and now get developed rather than the baby thrown out with the bath water.

>> No.43367036

Exalted 3e is a good game. It's not perfect, but it is absolutely the best Exalted has ever been, and it's simply good. It's fun to play. It's evocative. The mechanics support the experience I want and always assumed I'd get from Exalted.

The people who want to drive the devs out of town are blinded by petty outrage. You don't need to like them as people, but stop pretending they didn't make a fun game. They are, on the whole, good for Exalted, and they alone have a vision for the line compatible with the Core, given they designed it with all these other splats in mind.

I don't want to be their friend. I'm content to be their customer. I don't care if they're dicks.

>> No.43367037

>>43367004

>I legitimately don't think the game could be any better than it is now within a reasonable span of time

You have the book. Repeat. You have the book. If it is scrapped they cannot suddenly hack into your computer and delete your pdf.

The amount of time it retakes to make 3e good will not matter if you have the book already. That said they have to at least send out the completed 3e core both digital and physical because of Kickstarter. But somebody else can pick up DBs on and do it properly as well as Errata the core.

>> No.43367069

>>43367037
If Paradox boots OPP out they're not going to start with the book that's already here, they're going to start Exalted from scratch if they do it at all. That's what I don't want to wait for, and it's the book I have that I'd rather see developed and receive expansion through new books. Do you get it now?

>> No.43367144

>>43366927

It works, works well is subjective and as for being in everyones best interests? Hardly e.g. Super heavy crunch is unappealing to people who might like the setting so a lighter or more accessible version would suit them better, and so on

>> No.43367159

>>43367036

Why would anyone need to pretend they didnt make a fun game? Do you honestly think your preferences are universal? People who dont find the game fun arent lying, they simply dont like the same things you do

>> No.43367172

>>43367144
yeah but rules-lite fans don't qualify as people so they don't count.

(mostly kidding, though I never did quite get into the current fad for rules-lite gaming)

>> No.43367192

>>43367159
I don't care if someone wants to say they personally don't like the game. The people I'm talking to are the ones who adamantly insist the game is an objective shitpile nobody (or only an extreme minority) likes.

You hate it? Fine; hate away. But acknowledge that you are the minority, and that for the greater audience, 3e is solid.

>> No.43367201

>>43367192
Has anybody actually said that who wasn't trolling?

>> No.43367214

>>43367201
I've met too many people who say the most retarded shit with complete earnestness to believe in trolls anymore. I have a strong belief that all trolls are genuinely retarded people.

>> No.43367233

>>43367192

Alright. Enjoy Dragonblooded in 2-3 years when we could have got in in less then half the time with a capable dev team and would probably work better too.

>> No.43367235

>>43366849
>Chapter 9: The Roll of Gods
>Information about several gods I translated from 2E, as well as several example gods and god-blooded characters I crafted as a measure of my own system. This chapter includes lore information as well as enough stats to plug them into your campaign as quick NPCs.
>Chapter 10: The Roll of Elementals
>Information about several Elementals I translated from 2E, as well as several example Elementals and god-blooded characters I crafted as a measure of my own system. This chapter includes lore information as well as enough stats to plug them into your campaign as quick NPCs.

>> No.43367261

>>43367233
Only if, as one poster implied above, Paradox chooses to do what Fantasy Flight Games did when Black Library folded.

>> No.43367311

>>43367233
I will enjoy DBs in 2016 just fine.

>> No.43367341

>>43367311

Honestly? Do you honestly believe this Dev team can actually get that book out in that time frame? This has got to be a troll.

>> No.43367343

>>43367172
I'm not even asking for rules light. First edition wasn't anything like a *world game, but is easy to get a new player up to speed on. Explain charms and your done, basically. If we could get a tighter rules set that I could get people ready to play in less than an hour, i'd have been able to deal with the delay and the formatting and maybe even Holden. Maybe.

>> No.43367376

>>43367341
It is an enormously simpler task to produce a non-Core splat. They already have the foundational systems in place and simply need to develop Charms to work with them, rather than create the systems, balance them, and then make Charms.

Charms are much easier than systems. Even with their poor management of the 3e core, I'm expecting a steady 2 splats per year simply due to the significantly diminished workload.

>> No.43367391

>>43367343
I haven't really had that much trouble getting people understanding 3e's system, but okay.

>> No.43367402

>>43367376

Uh. No. The first leak had the exact same system. We got that 2 years ago. Hell we had most of the game 2 years ago.

Second making unique, balanced, and interesting charms is the hardest thing about Exalted. I have no idea why you thought this is easy.

>> No.43367416

>>43367402
Charms are absolutely not the hardest part of Exalted. The core systems are.

>> No.43367423

>>43366149
Is this tutorial not working or is it just me?

>> No.43367603

>>43366719
As part of my ongoing rewrite I had to redesign Sledgehammer Fist Punch, as the Charm doesn't even interact with the Feat of Strength rules correctly. It's written like a 2e Charm. Anyone see immediate issues with it?

Sledgehammer Fist Punch
Cost: 5m; Keywords: None
Type: Supplemental; Duration: Instant
Mins: Brawl 4, Essence 2; Prerequisites: Heaven Thunder Hammer

Add (Strength) automatic successes to a Feat of Strength to destroy an object. If successful, perform the action immediately in combat time.

>> No.43367662

>>43367603
Your rewrite is exactly what the original charm does; the effect is just worded more intelligently.

>> No.43367684
File: 98 KB, 328x276, FoS.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43367662
I know what the original Charm *means* to do, but as it is in the book it supplements an attack and adds successes to the damage roll.

You don't have damage rolls to destroy objects. You also don't attack them. It's written like a 2e Charm that presumes the existence of durability and structure health levels.

>> No.43367726

>>43367684
Right, but the "attack" uses Str+Athletics, which means it's a Feat of Strength (and the fact that it later references the totals consolidates it). You're right to question why the hell the developers chose such obtuse language for the Charm, but the intent is quite clear and your rewrite is more just a clarification. There's thus nothing wrong with your version.

>> No.43367756

>>43367726
I did make a slight adjustment to it by removing the indirect damage clause.. mostly because I couldn't for the life of me figure out what it actually was given, again, no attack actions. But other than that, yeah, it's just doing what it's meant to do.

>> No.43367758

>>43367233
Could've gotten it in half the time yeah, maybe. But if Paradox were to scrap the current devs they'd probably have to write up a new core book beforehand. that means more of a wait on a game we have absolutely no idea will be better or even as good as the one we have. On top of that making Exalted 4e wouldn't like;y be a priority of their's meaning we 'd likely have a similar wait, maybe longer, on them ever producing 4e. If Paradox take over the production of Exalted it'll easily triple the length of time we'd be waiting on dragon blooded, shit even if they did produce books at 3 times the pace it'd still proably take till infernals till they caught up with OP's likely schedule

>> No.43367769

>>43367756
Maybe some of that is language from an earlier design iteration that somehow wasn't caught and squashed.

>> No.43367793

>>43367758

>But if Paradox were to scrap the current devs they'd probably have to write up a new core book beforehand

Why?

>On top of that making Exalted 4e

Why not keep working on 3e but instead replace the people who are a problem?

>> No.43367812

>>43367793
>Why not keep working on 3e but instead replace the people who are a problem?

Because that's literally the entire dev team. Vance might be more likable, but he's no faster or better.

Nobody wants to work on a system that wasn't their idea, especially if there's nobody around whose idea it actually was.

>> No.43367826

>>43367793
I won't claim to be an expert on OP's licensing contract but I'm pretty sure that Ex3 is legallt their's. The IP isn't but that book is. If Paradox were to suddenly take exalted away from them I can't imagine they'd be too happy to just let them use the Ex3.

>> No.43367831

>>43367793
>Why not keep working on 3e but instead replace the people who are a problem?
As >>43367812 notes, that is literally everyone who worked on and created 3e. The only ones who know it and know the design philosophies and intentions for every subsequent splat. The only ones who know why any given decisions were made.

>> No.43367985

>>43366835
>>43366849
Chapters 5, 6 and 7 aren't really necessary. I'd rather you translate previous edition spirits first.

>> No.43368003

>>43366719
Awesome. I added it to the Google Drive, it will update automatically as you edit it.

>> No.43368056

>>43368003
Cool. I'm a bit more than halfway done with Brawl, transcribing these headers takes more time than you'd think.

>> No.43368076
File: 341 KB, 375x266, 1411082438346.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43366719
I can see you typing! Like some sort of ghost writer!

>> No.43368079

>>43368056
Can you non just copy paste and delete the superfluous and reword the rest?

>> No.43368091

>>43368079
I could but I can type quicker than I can move my mouse around to select whatever section I'd fill in.

>>43368076
amazing :0

>> No.43368103

>>43368091
You should also note which charms have visible/noticeable elements, because the obvious keyword is gone and instead we have to reference the char text to find out if people notice that you are using charms.

System transparency means players and the ST know when they are up against charms, but people IC don't.

>> No.43368114

>>43368103
UGH

not a bad idea

but UGH

>> No.43368118
File: 49 KB, 207x226, 2012-05-28 10.20.50 am.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43368091
have you considered using the term "cascading reroll 10s" or something similar for certain kinds of reroll effects, or do you want to keep it as close to the text as possible?

>> No.43368136
File: 580 KB, 480x360, 1432134300213.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43368114
I know, right? I do hate that they removed Obvious.

>>43368118
This seems like a good idea, do it, rewording-kun.

>> No.43368142

>>43368118
I'm not looking to adhere to the text at all, just want to make the Charms shorter and clearer for ease of reference.

>> No.43368157

>>43366842
Consider this seconded.

>> No.43368158
File: 453 KB, 1678x2100, But_I_don't_WANT_to.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43368136
>Obvious removed
But why

>> No.43368176

>>43368158

Because it was redundant and misleading, in the new paradigm.

having Obvious stick around would have STs refusing to describe non-Obvious Charms to the players. We know this because this same shit happened in 2E all the time, even after system transparency became part of the game's culture.

>> No.43368182
File: 339 KB, 370x330, 1444176441555.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43368158
Because "muh system transparency". It's not like Solars have to worry about being recognized as Anathema or anything, right?

>> No.43368196

>>43367201
>Has anybody actually said that who wasn't trolling?
>He actually believes they're trolling
My poor sweet summer child.

>> No.43368211

Why is Saitama on page 242? And why is he in the Craft section?

>> No.43368225

Obvious was removed because Morke's style of writing Charms is to give them distinctive visual elements and effects in the Charm description itself, making it clear when people can or cannot tell something.

But that won't carry through in my simplified rewrite unless I note it somehow.

>> No.43368227

>>43367402
>Second making unique, balanced, and interesting charms is the hardest thing about Exalted
If it is for you then I'm sorry, you're not gonna have a great time with Ex3, what with the need to homebrew Evocations and Exigent Charms and shit.

>> No.43368234

>>43368227

I did not say it is that hard. I said it was the hardest thing.

>> No.43368245
File: 28 KB, 200x200, 1440646003435.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43368225

>> No.43368271

>>43367985
The dude said he wanted to write that homebrew because he loves playing spirits. Why the hell would he remove the parts that let you play spirits?

>> No.43368277

What stops weaker demons and terrestrial gods from just telling non-completely zealous Dragon-blooded about the Usurpation? Surely it wouldn't be hard for any Dragon-blooded who is the least bit interested in ancient history to discover that the Ananthema might have something to offer the Realm?

>> No.43368283

>>43368271
My bad, I missed that part.

>> No.43368298

>>43368277
>What stops weaker demons and terrestrial gods from just telling non-completely zealous Dragon-blooded about the Usurpation?
Most of them don't know any more about it than the DBs do, honestly. Not every Blood Ape is a timeless relic from the First Age.

>Surely it wouldn't be hard for any Dragon-blooded who is the least bit interested in ancient history to discover that the Ananthema might have something to offer the Realm?
And you think they'll find that in the retelling of the Usurpation? A legend that points out exactly where all alliances with the Anathema ultimately lead?

>> No.43368301

>>43368277
"Demons lie and manipulate" is a known thing to everyone, they won't trust them.

However, many sorcerers do listen/bind them to tell the truth, but can't do jack with it because they'll be killed/imprisoned if they talk.

>> No.43368333

>>43368277
>What stops weaker demons and terrestrial gods from just telling non-completely zealous Dragon-blooded about the Usurpation?
Ridicule? I mean if they do it out of the blue they'll probably get nothing but that, because the Immaculate narrative is considered true even by non-complete zealots. It'd be like going to any 1200's noble and telling them God didn't create Earth in six days with a seventh off.

The number of DBs that would easily accept that kind of information is ridiculously low. If you substract those that already know the truth, then it gets even smaller.

I don't mean that DBs would never collaborate with an Anathema (we've done just so in my DB campaign) but you won't get to that with a simple "hey you know History didn't actually happen like you think it happened".

>> No.43368349

>>43368333

>It'd be like going to any 1200's noble and telling them God didn't create Earth in six days with a seventh off.

Yeah but this is like an Archangel coming down and telling you that God did not do that and you fucked up. Well if its a lesser god anyway. The demons are suppose to lie.

>> No.43368354

Do you think there would be an issue with using Steel Devil style with 1 handed axes instead of swords?

>> No.43368368

>>43368349

Lesser gods do not at all occupy that place in Realm society. Or Creation as a whole. A lesser god saying that is a step down from hearing it from another Dragon-Bloods, in terms of authority.

Gods are not that special in Chinese Heavenly Bureaucracy setups, especially not the Immaculate's. They're considered fallible and imperfect in most of the ways a human is, especially if they're low on the totem pole.

>> No.43368372

>>43368301
>>43368298
You're points are good. What about outside the Realm? Does the Guild or Lookshy have a less bias understanding of the Lunar exalted (though of course they have less theological reasons for butting heads with Lunars than the immaculate order).

Thinking about it, there is probably a few Sidereal conventions based around making sure Gods don't spread their point of view on the Usurpation.

On other topics, wouldn't many Manses that nearly emerged Solars seek out (the ones that aren't already under Realm/Heavan's control) be buried pretty deep in Earth simply from the ravages of time?

>> No.43368377

>>43368354
seems fine, weapons are more interchangeable than ever. just watch out when other ax styles get released.

>> No.43368385

>>43368349
>Yeah but this is like an Archangel coming down and telling you that God did not do that and you fucked up. Well if its a lesser god anyway.

No it's not, the Immaculate Philosophy has been hammering home the point that Gods left to their own machinations will exploit and ruin human lives for long enough that a God professing principles contrary to the Immaculate Philosophy is just likely to be considered a liar on principle. Being a god certainly doesn't lend them much more credibility, especially in the eyes of a DB.

>> No.43368389

>>43368372
Lookshy follows the Immaculate philosophy.

>> No.43368446

Do Solars visit Yu-Shan often?
What would/is the reaction when they do?

>> No.43368459

>>43368446
>What would/is the reaction when they do?
KILL IIIIIITTTTT/THEEEMMMM!!!!

>> No.43368467

>>43368446
Not anymore they don't. Most don't even know about Y-Shan Gates.

When they do, Sids tail them to outside and then assassinate them.

>> No.43368470

>>43368459
And if it was an Eclipse?

>> No.43368471

>>43368446
>Do Solars visit Yu-Shan often?
Rare to uncommon.

>What would/is the reaction when they do?
In general? Probably mixed. Gods are just as likely to have a strong positive reaction as a strong negative one. Sidereals will probably look askance at them, Gold Faction or no.

In 2E? Sloppy blowjob and a crucified Dragon-Blood / Sidereal pair as a gift.

>> No.43368477

>>43368446

Not often. A few might know about Yu-Shan gates but they probably need a god to help them out to actually get there. And there is not much reason to go unless you have to take care of business with a god performing some sort of scheme in Creation. Everything is expensive, they have no reason to go, and they are not allowed to live there.

I doubt the Sidereals would try anything in Yu Shan. When they leave it might become an issue though.

>> No.43368489

>>43368477
>they are not allowed to live there.
Why not?
They're Solarfags of the UCS

>> No.43368499

>>43368489
They are Princes of the Earth. Sol gave them Creation, keeping Heaven for the gods and Sids.

>> No.43368501

>>43368489

Eh. Maybe if they get a job in the Bureaucracy. But without an official reason Yu Shan is for the gods and Creation is for the Solars.

>> No.43368506

>>43368459
There is gold faction members/ sympathetic gods that might go out of their way to help them slip in and out. I'm pretty sure the Bureau of Seasons would say "Technically it's not illegal for Lawgivers to enter heaven." Although, I'm sure Kejak would personally turn them into ducks if he caught wind of them flailing their way around. It depends on how subtle they are.

>> No.43368521
File: 1.01 MB, 296x225, TOO_SUBTLE.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43368506
>It depends on how subtle they are.
>Kejak going around checking on gods when suddenly Solar

>> No.43368541

>>43368521
Too bad the Solar would get rekt immediately afterwards.

>> No.43368554

>>43368521
I would have posted that gif of the clown splatting the landwhale with a pie on an escalator (Kejak would be the Landwhale)

Also one can assume that Lytek informed Ketchup Carjack that the SolarExaltions had returned, Carjack was not a happy bunny.

>> No.43368570

>>43368554
He did, he was not, and many troll-face parchment were delivered by messenger god while Lytek hid behind Celestial Lions.

>> No.43368580

>>43368570
Something something Benny Hill.

>> No.43368604
File: 1.99 MB, 500x281, rero.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43368580
Only all Lytek had to do was sit in his office and be smug.

>> No.43368609

>>43368580
>A bunch of solars chase Lytek through Yu--Shun.
>Lytek is holding his Exaltation cabinet over his head an flinging out exaltations as quickly as he can in random directions.
>He'd call for help but his mouth is filled with Scissors that he is rapidly trimming the exaltations with.

>> No.43368622

>>43368609
you mean sids

>> No.43368657
File: 3.45 MB, 352x240, 1445791402361.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43368609
>Lytek's face when

>> No.43368680

Would it be possible to destroy Games of Divinity/Jade Pleasure Dome?

>> No.43368689

>>43368680

If your storyteller says you can.

>> No.43368719

>punch Celestial lions in the snout to establish superiority
>drag gods and incarnae out of the place
>detonate it
>start working on fixing heaven
>also fuck Sidereal
>after done, start work on fixing eart

>> No.43368748

>>43368719

>punch Celestial lions in the snout to establish superiority

I was going to comment on how much of a dick move that would be. But then I realized with Sorcerous workings I can make my own Celestial Lions to act as my mount/familiar and make them just as badass.

>> No.43368749

>>43368719
Detonating the Jade Pleasure dome would be extremely hard, it's made out of either magical materials or Heaven grade regular ones.

Destroying the Games of Divinity may or may not break Creation completely, depending on your ST.

>> No.43368754

>>43368748
Well how else would you get past the Celestial lions guarding the dome?

>> No.43368755

>>43368719
>after done, start work on fixing Earth

You'd damn well better, because stopping the Bureau of Heaven for long enough to reform it will destroy any civilization on Creation faster and more completely than almost anything else.

>> No.43368770

>>43368755
Psssh....nothin personnel....kid....

>> No.43368775

>>43368754

Convince them that its not you but the UCS who is wrong in this situation. I mean its not like you are actually wrong. Stopping a crack addict from smoking crack is usually a good and just idea.

And Celestial Lion's are so badass they deserve to be treated well.

>> No.43368778

My wrist hurts and I opened the file up to comments if folks notice any errors or have suggestions. Enjoy the first of the completed revised Charm trees, Brawl.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1C6RhmOkf9lU6AMYre59VsmW2-n4VdeJamNKGjplZccI/edit?usp=sharing

>> No.43368784

>>43368775
The problem is that playing the Games of Divinity might be required for Creation to function.

>> No.43368794

>>43368784

Considering Creation still functioned during The War I doubt that is the case. The Primordials were not playing games. Especially after the first fell.

>> No.43368797
File: 152 KB, 698x392, What_the_fuck_am_I_reading.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43368784
What?
Since when?

>> No.43368805

>>43368794
>>43368797
It's an optional plot hook for STs to use in 2e.

>> No.43368812

>>43368805

Where? It makes no sense. The games have specifically stated to have nothing to do with Creation.

>> No.43368819

>>43368784
That's ok. When you destroy the Games of Creation, a mangled shadow thereof descends to the Underworld. Now the Neverborn game at the fate of Creation.

Good job.

>> No.43368828

>>43368812
That's why it's an optional thing dummy.

>> No.43368857
File: 33 KB, 423x539, KinguCrimson.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43368570
It gets better if you picture Carjack with this face. Of course, when he sees the message about the Solars return, there's a sound like a teakettle having an apoplectic fit, and God who gave him the message gets turned into a duck.

>> No.43368865

>>43368828

Well considering the only thing that has 100% said was that the Games are not playing with the Fates of mortal men. That is basically all we actually know about the game. That kinda goes against it. Which is why I am wondering where it is said.

>> No.43368901

>>43368211
saitama got lost on the way to the supermarket.

Pity, by the time he returns that sale on beef will be gone.

>> No.43368913

>>43368865
The fates of mortals != proper functioning of Creation

>> No.43368917

>>43368901

Fuck. That can't be good for anybody.

>> No.43368942

>>43368917
Seeing a Saitama spends all of his time on the Initiative bandwagon i'd say this is the case.

>> No.43368944

>>43368182
That is the true answer.

>>43368176
That is the false answer, also the official one.

>> No.43368969

>>43368778
Did you do the Obvious things?

>> No.43368986

>>43368969
Not yet. I wanted the mechanics done first.

>> No.43369083
File: 201 KB, 800x600, 1444972242239.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43368986
That's fine anon. You did good, anyway. Which abilities are you planning on doing?

>> No.43369192

>Newly Exalted Solar
>Spreads word throughout the fringes of creation of a grand Tournament
>Rumor has it that prize is something more powerful than even the strength of the Primordials
>Lunar and newly awakened Solars gather. Remote enough that the Wild Hunt has trouble organizing anything big enough to deal with it.
>Even some Infernal and Abyssal spies turn up.
>At opening, all the entrants have to stand on the outskirts of an arena to size eachother up.
>Suddenly several pairs run to eachother.
>Lunar & Solar/Infernal/Abyssal makeouts ensue.
>True prize was love.
>Solar organizer goes "Exactly as planned" before being stomped into his next reincarnation by everyone else.

>> No.43369240

>>43369192
Aren't bonds are optional now and don't transfer across incarnations?

>> No.43369259

>>43369192
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fUJ6LehQ3I
>>43369240
Yes but burger king summoning is best move

>> No.43369510
File: 211 KB, 610x357, what_qmark.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43369259
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fUJ6LehQ3I

>> No.43369566
File: 22 KB, 249x351, Poweroflove.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43369510
I think anon just really likes the power of love.

>> No.43369776

How would you summarize the 5 directions for new players to make them interested in playing campaigns there?

>> No.43369863

>>43369776

West: Water, Pirates
North: Ice, Land Vikings
East Near: Japanese Spartans, and Holy Roman Empire without the Empror part
East Far: Trees, tree people
South: Sand, Sandpeople
Blessed Isle: Completely ineffectual Chinese/Japanese Empire

>> No.43369930

>>43369566
I just really liked G Gundam and its ending. It's enjoyably cheesy and that moment was so cheesy it looped back to being awesome.

Also best handled romance in all of Gundam

>> No.43369958

>>43369863

>West: Water, Pirtaes

Don't forget all of the furfags in the Caul

>> No.43370014

>>43368471

Solars might also get a really tepid reaction too. Remember that for many gods in Yu Shan, "the current state of affairs" refer to the last few thousand years and represents a short, well-deserved vacation, compared to the eons they served under the Primordials. Most of the high-ranking gods of Yu Shan are not merely old but exceptionally ancient.

As such, the return of the Solars may be received with a curious "Oh, hey, welcome back. It's been, what, a few thousand years? Goodness. I grew a few trees since you were last here. Would you like to see them?"

And then the Solar bursts into tears because the tree is too lovely too behold and their mortal retainers are instantly transformed into wood elementals.

>> No.43370041

>>43369863

You call the Blessed Isle ineffectual, but it's an Empire covering territory comparable to almost all of Asia. Imagine trying to govern an empire stretching from Mongolia to the southern tip of India.

And they're succeeding. And they have succeeded for almost 800 years.

That is fucking incredible.

>> No.43370085

>>43370041
Honestly I don't care.

I think scale is retarded and Exalted would benefit by having shit shrunk down.

>> No.43370118

>>43370085

I don't. I think that scale just isn't appreciated quite as it probably should be. Creation is an immense setting largely to allow local stories to be as big as the heroes in them.

The Blessed Isle is so huge, a Solar could outright found a country in there and the Realm would take years to notice and take action beyond "throw a few monks at it".

>> No.43370170

>>43370014
>And then the Solar bursts into tears because the tree is too lovely too behold and their mortal retainers are instantly transformed into wood elementals.
Exalted magic in a nutshell, everyone. I love it.

>>43370118
The first thing I'll tell my players is that there are many more countries than those written in the core book and that they shouldn't hesitate to make one up for their backstory.

>> No.43370184

So I remember there was some defence of the Resistance charms a while back. Has that stopped? With charms having to be activated before the attack is even rolled, who the fuck is spending 3m after Dipping Swallow to activate DoOM? Or the 6m for Iron Kettle Body?

If Adamant Skin Technique had only Spirit Strengthens the Skin and Diamond Body Prana as prerequisites then it might be okay, but as it stands it's a steaming pile of shit.

>> No.43370266

>>43370118
And that sounds more like a narrative thing that something that truly uses scale.

Exalted land is too stupidly large and any in-setting acknowledgments are just flimsy excuses for shit being retarded and nonsensical

>> No.43370277

>>43368609
Imagine if that had happened during the usurpation.

Creation would have been far more... interesting.

>> No.43370295
File: 74 KB, 394x406, 9325080020.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43370266
ok, anon

>> No.43370350

>>43370266
What magical way of showing scale - other than narrative - would you prefer?

>> No.43370366

Would your average Thresholder know when he's looking at a wyld creature instead of a spirit? What are the differences, really?

>> No.43370377
File: 248 KB, 500x375, 1410327164735.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43370350
Not that anon, but imagine a Paradox grand strategy like map of Creation.

>> No.43370390

>>43370366
Not really. The text goes into the fact that your average peasant farmer can't tell the difference between a god and an elemental, and that they more generally just think of things as "gods" and "monsters"--one should be appeased, the other should be run from.

>> No.43370395

>>43370266
>Exalted land is too stupidly large and any in-setting acknowledgments are just flimsy excuses for shit being retarded and nonsensical
Exalted scale isn't *that* much larger than the real world scale, and real world has had some pretty huge empires. If Exalted is retarded and nonsensical, real world history is far more so, since the latter doesn't even have actual magic and literal superhumans to justify all that bullshit.

>> No.43370434

>>43370377
But we have a map of creation. You need it, what, to be clickable?

>> No.43370459

>>43370295
It's ok Holden, to suck at math but you niggas need someone else to handle the
big numbers.
>>43370350
Just keep the size vague. You start going full retard the moment writers start tossing out numbers or comparison to real world objects that are measurable.

2e being the super retarded edition had like various cities in the center be several fucking thousand miles apart and act like they had influence on each other like if were far far closer despite lacking proper infrastructure that would allow for that.

>>43370395
Different kind of stupid

>> No.43370461

>>43370395
At least isn't as bad as Elder Scrolls
>imperial isle where the capital of the empires is
>size of fucking Ireland and UK fuck

>> No.43370491

>>43370434
Have all the little provinces and borders. A political mapmode.

>> No.43370492

>>43370459
>Just keep the size vague. You start going full retard the moment writers start tossing out numbers or comparison to real world objects that are measurable.
>2e being the super retarded edition had like various cities in the center be several fucking thousand miles apart and act like they had influence on each other like if were far far closer despite lacking proper infrastructure that would allow for that.

Or you could just make sure your writers aren't retards. There's nothing that retarded in Ex3.

>> No.43370494

>>43370459
>2e being the super retarded edition had like various cities in the center be several fucking thousand miles apart and act like they had influence on each other like if were far far closer despite lacking proper infrastructure that would allow for that.
Issue here being writers who forget the scale rather than the scale itself. Ex3 core at least makes the world seem appropriately large and sensible for its size, though obviously future books providing more detailed information can fuck this up.

>> No.43370522

>>43370491
But there probably even aren't strictly defined borders for most of the small nations, and anyways part of the point is to have room to throw in your own stuff. Having every little country shown on the map would go against ths point.

>> No.43370545

>>43370492
>>43370494
Your faith in the writers not fucking this up is impressive

>> No.43370546

>>43370522
There are ways around that: have indistinct/blurry borders in contested regions, don't name all the countries/provinces so that while their size and place might be set, you can still put whatever you want there.

>> No.43370616

On the distance note, I did a quick lookup of one of the more famous legends, the Illiad.

Troy, Turkey is approximately 209 miles away from Athens, Greece. And that was enough distance for an epic series of battles to be fought between them.

Thousands of miles would be so far as to isolate people.

>> No.43370659
File: 76 KB, 710x481, MongolEmpiremap.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43370616
On the other hand, the extent of the Mongol Empire at the height of its power was from the Pacific Ocean to the edge of Poland, which would make it larger than the entire Blessed Isle.

>> No.43370663

>>43370616

England is, in places, 33 km from France and they developed entirely distinct. languages.

>> No.43370677

>>43370461
Really? You could walk a circuit around it in one day.

>> No.43370696

>>43370616
Well, sure. People living thousands of miles away from each other *are* pretty isolated from each other. This is not in any way a problem. Epic battles can be contained in relatively small areas of the Creation. This is also not a problem. Aside from that, you should check the sizes of some historical empires, as well as the distances trade goods could travel even in the antiquity.

>> No.43370717

>>43370659
And this despite the fact that Mongols probably didn't have supermen with magic powers leading them.

>> No.43370748

>>43370659
>>43370717
The Realm is more like the British Empire in that they have colonies goddamn everywhere.

>> No.43370825

>>43370677
Just foes to show how much smaller the games are from lore.

>> No.43370844

>>43370748

So did Imperial China, for a time.

>> No.43370920

>>43367826
I may be mistaken, but I think it's even more than that. OPP paid CCP a chunk of money (probably a reasonable slice of the Kickstarter cash) for the license to make Exalted RPGs, probably for X books or Y years. Paradox probably can't pull the plug (though if X or Y is small, the might not be interested in renewing the license).

>> No.43370940

>>43370696
The problem is trying to portray these very distant entities as having any damn direct influence on each other without any easily accessible means of doing so.

>>43370717
Probably helped that the mongols were nomadic which they didn't have a solid set of formal boundaries and locations so much as they were a demographic mist

>> No.43370952

>>43370920
Yup. I don't see how else that could work.

>> No.43370980

Hey there /exg/.
I tried my hand at converting Laughing Wounds, anyone want to comment on my first draft? There's a few charms I'm fairly unsure about.

>> No.43371036

>>43370980
Not every charm needs Terrestrial or Mastery effects. In fact, not all that many actually have them.

>> No.43371137

>>43371036
I've fairly sure that's wrong.
Out of 10 charms 7 have it.
Snake Style for comparison has 10 charms and has 9 charms with terrestrial or mastery.
Tiger has 11 charms and 10 of those have terrestrial or mastery.

>> No.43371202

>>43371137
True, 2 or 3 charms per MA don't have them at all, but half of those that do only have one of the two.

>> No.43371212
File: 139 KB, 500x500, I pooped.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Alright, /exg/:

How would you go about implementing The Brown Note in EX3?

What charms would be necessary? Would you have to stunt it? Would you have to specifically make a new charm?

>> No.43371251

>>43371212
It'd be an expansion charm for Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style, with Terrifying Battle-Shriek as it's prerequisite.

That, or roll it purely as a kiai-gambit requiring you to have the first charm of Silver-Voiced.

>> No.43371260

>>43371251
MA can't be expanded.

>> No.43371287

>>43371260
"However, at the Storyteller’s discretion, it may be
possible to find lost Charms known only to ancient masters
or long-lost repositories of wisdom, or for a character to
achieve a new understanding of a style by seeking
inspiration from an epic quest or unexpected source"

GO ON THE QUEST TO FIND OUT HOW TO SING PEOPLE TO SHIT, ASSLORD

>> No.43371324

>>43371287
>one ass to rule them all

>> No.43371339

>>43371212

a perform(instrument) check with a difficulty of target's (stamina+resistance+essence)/2 that can only be initiated with a stunt.

no charm for it, unless it's going to be the base of a tree. someone shitting their pants is going to be a strictly fluff action since I can't imagine it actually imposing a penalty. you can't charge someone xp for a charm who's effect is: do nothing.

>> No.43371366

>>43366860
My only real complaints about the book outside of the art:

Too many commas. WAY too many fucking commas. Try reading that shit out loud, and I promise you'll sound like fucking Christopher Walken. They have commas in places that commas don't even belong.

Now that I finally read it? Yeah... I can see how everyone here hates the crafting system. On the other hand, it's not really all that bad until you actively start building artifacts. I am pretty perturbed however that the section on Superior Projects mentions things like building a palace, but there's only rules for fucking Artifacts listed (That I've seen so far).

Otherwise? They're doing alright. Late, with terrible art, but a good system.

>> No.43371489

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHSAf8Zw6oQ
Hmm, so it's a spear that can open up some sort of extradimensional space along part of a leyline.

Would this be a good Alchemical Charm?

>> No.43371498

>>43370940
>The problem is trying to portray these very distant entities as having any damn direct influence on each other without any easily accessible means of doing so.
Yes, and the solution is not portraing these distant entities as having direct influence on each other. Indirect influence, even some rivalry related to attempts to influence the affairs of lesser nations between these distant major powers, is obviously okay. Writers doing their best to take the cale of things into account is cool, while making the scale smaller because writers can't be arsed to think about what they write is just lazy.

>> No.43371502
File: 11 KB, 264x191, rapeman.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

Does Celestial Bliss Trick work while raping?

>> No.43371546

>>43371287
Wait, martial arts are finished and you can't even develop your very own brand new style? Damn...

>> No.43371547

>>43370980
So, any feedback? I could especially use some ideas for Insatiable Slave Stamina. Making you immune to bashing damage isn't very good when you'll just be crashed and have the enemy's allies finish you off with their lethal weapon.

How would lowering the withering damage of weapons with the bashing tag work?

>> No.43371566

>>43371546
You can totally develop a new style, just not expand upon existing ones.

>> No.43371598

>>43368182

This is going to be derp, but what is "System transparency" suppose to mean in this case?

>> No.43371608

>>43371546
You can expand upon old styles yourself, but requires some sorta crazy inspiration/unexpected source.

So, maybe finding and battling a god-blooded tiger with a vast legend to its name might, through reading its fighting style, let you write a new charm for Tiger Style.

>> No.43371614

While I find the Liminal unnecessary, I really start to like the Exigents.

>> No.43371621

>>43371547
Get a Gem of Adamant Skin.

>> No.43371632

>>43371621
does not exist in e3, hearthstones are more utility powers than personal buffs now.

>> No.43371651

>>43371598
3e is based around the fact that the players always know when charms and other magics are being used against them. Characters don't, just their players.
This is not a bad idea, only the devs cut out the Obvious keyword entirely instead of rewording it to IC only, which would be useful to determine if the Wyld Hunt notices you.

>>43371608
You can't expand at all anymore, just find lost charms and only then if the ST allows.

>> No.43371665

>>43371651
>or for a character to
>achieve a new understanding of a style by seeking
>inspiration from an epic quest or unexpected source"

Not to be rude but what the fuck do you think this quote from the MA chapter means

>> No.43371666

>>43371566
Unless you do the things that make it so you can.

>> No.43371670

>>43371614
>I really start to like the Exigents.
as do I.

>> No.43371674

>>43371502
You should ask that on RPGnet. They are far better qualified to answer this question.

>> No.43371703

>>43371665
>>43371666
I must be misremembering wildly, my bad.

>> No.43371789

>>43371651

Wait, so. They just know that charms are being used against them and not what the charm does I presume. So...without the obvious keyword, does this mean the Wyld Hunt requires sidereals to spot your charms or there is nothing a dragonblood can say if you go "i'm just a mortal or godblood pleb."

>> No.43371815

>>43366149

>Crooked pointed toes

Artists very rarely learn how to draw a proper foot and realistic toes.

I am not even a foot fetish guy, but it just irks me. If you are going to spend the time to make a lavish background or highly detailed furniture, but you can't get your basic human anatomy to make sense, your focus is fucked up.

>> No.43371873

>>43371789
nononono
THE PLAYERS know that magic is being used against them and what it does, so they can apply defenses correctly, whether it be in combat or out.
THE CHARACTERS know jack all, except when the magic is visible or otherwise noticeable, when they know that there is magic being used, and maybe what kind if they've studied it, that's all.

A new, improved Obvious keyword is necessary to show when a charm's use is visible.

>> No.43371919

>>43371873
>>43371789
Non-Realm Exigents get detained and forced into service/brainwashed by the Wyld Hunt.
Gobloods fare better depending on the parent because the Immaculates usually don't want to piss off said god if he's a part of their system. Otherwise, same as Exigents.

>> No.43371936
File: 1.03 MB, 500x500, 1434729293004.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43367812
>Because that's literally the entire dev team.

>> No.43371950

>>43371502
Let me ask you this. If it was can you ever imagine a scenario in which you would use it that way? And subsequently not get kicked out of the group?

>> No.43371975

>>43371502

does Fury Inciting Speech work while encouraging treason against a rightful and just government?

does Glorious Solar Saber work while comitting a murder?

>> No.43371980

>>43371670
Half of the time they will end up as a quickly retired joke character (choosen of outhouses) or magical realm (choosen of tentacles). Rest of the time, they will be just like generic solars except with a theme.

>> No.43372047

>>43366842
And Thirded. Exalted 1st and 2nd ed were crap mechanically. This one has a good mechanic that also breaking new ground. I honeslty don't see why people are so negative.

Oh wait it's 4chan, we are angry because we like exalted.

>> No.43372090

>>43366842

I hate their vision of the setting.

but I agree that the mechanics are good, and porting 2e fluff forward is a lot easier than writing my own rules.

>> No.43372100

>>43372047
I like it too, anon! People (including me) bitch about Craft but it's still a fun game that I am going to play!

>> No.43372133

>>43372090
>>43372047
I want them to continue developing, but leave the actual writing of the book to someone else. Their vision and mechanics are good, but a lot of the book is written poorly and not clearly enough, like some charm descriptions and the lack of a Obvious keyword and so on.

>> No.43372179

>Searing Sunfire Interdiction has FIVE fucking repurchase upgrades
>Two of them are Essence 6

I'm so confused.

>> No.43372193

Don't 3CDs have a set and unchanging number of 2CDs?

>> No.43372245

>>43372193
Yes? A good chunk hasn't been named?

>> No.43372275

>>43372245
What was it? Like seven?

>> No.43372332

>>43372275
Varies between 6 and 8

>> No.43372398

>>43366859

no eyepatch yet, so dunno which iteration of snaaaake he's supposed to be

>> No.43372418

In 2.Xe, do mortal attacks with mundane weapons deal minimum damage?

>> No.43372449

>>43372418
Unless you have a Charm or Artifact that prevents that or sufficient hardness, yes.

>> No.43372608
File: 77 KB, 736x736, BlondeCaptain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43366860

I don't like their vision of the game. They added too much that doesn't belong. They changed things for little reason, and they also broke how many fucking promises. Why add Exigents, what do they add that making Godblooded more useful and variable in power couldn't have? Why add Liminals, which potentially steal design space/themes from Abyssals? Why add Getiman at all? Did the game really need Anti-Sidereals when theres already so much shit outside of fate to fuck with them AND Lunars who want to skullfuck them dead? Why remove the hard caps on the Celestials? Etc.

They originally said they wanted to return to 1st ed, then completely went against it. 1st ed had wildly higher relative power levels than any other, now things have been reduced in power again?

They didn't bother to make a game of Exalted. They made their own homebrew Not-Exalted and then shoved the Exalted name on it.

>> No.43372779

>>43367603
I pointed this out several threads ago and the Exalted Defense Force leaped out to defend how it's "all perfectly cromulent."

It's like pointing out a poorly-written charm exists undermines their entire dream of the game not being sub-mediocre.

>> No.43372819

>>43368142
you're doing god's work, anon

Might I suggest tightening up the infoblocks into one or two lines?

>> No.43372931

>>43367311

enjoy crap-tier art as well.

>> No.43372965

>>43370434
http://howsfamily.net/Exalted/map/

clickable creation map, yo

have at

>> No.43373252

>>43372608
>Why add Liminals, which potentially steal design space/themes from Abyssals?
Because holden is a fan of Prometheans.

>> No.43373296

>>43372779

I generally dont like dismissing people as "apologists" or a "defence force" but fuck me, the level of one true scotsman bullshit thats been rolled out to defend sloppy charm writing is a thing to behold

>> No.43373308
File: 83 KB, 736x986, Mongolian.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43373252

Great, too bad they don't belong in Exalted. Fanfiction bullshit.

>> No.43373352

>>43373308

>the kitchen sinkiest of all kitchen sink settings
>things don't belong

u w0t m8?

>> No.43373382
File: 78 KB, 736x937, Monk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43373352

Just because it's a kitchen sink setting doesn't mean everything belongs.

>> No.43373403

>>43373308
You know, Holden literally can't write fan-fictional bullshit, since he gets to decide what the setting.

Unless you also think 90% of 2E was also fanfiction.

>> No.43373451

>>43373403

Technically until its in a published book anything he writes for the setting is no more valid than anything else. Possibly less valid as he's a rubber head.

>> No.43373483

>>43373451
It's in Ex3.

>> No.43373495

>>43373252

>Because Holden is a fan of Prometheans and the WoD devs want nothing to do with him.

fixed.

>> No.43373616

>>43373495
Maybe Holden is...no, that would be too elegant to be true...He can't really be a Promethean, can he?

>> No.43373824

>>43373352
do you shit in your kitchen sink, anon?

>> No.43373842
File: 556 KB, 700x959, 1403550017172.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43373403
>You know, Holden literally can't write fan-fictional bullshit, since he gets to decide what the setting.
What backers have is fan fiction, since the license has been sold and there's no way Paradox is going to agree it's worth publishing.

get rekt holden

>> No.43373938

>>43373842
The licencing deal is still valid. CCP already approved the backer pdf, so maaaaaybe new WW will heave to approve proper release, but I doubt it.

>> No.43373975

>>43373842
You're living in a dreamworld. Onyx Path HAS the license to Exalted, at least for now. It doesn't magically go away now that someone bought the White Wolf IPs.

>> No.43373992

>>43372608
>Why add Exigents, what do they add that making Godblooded more useful and variable in power couldn't have?

I like Exigents. Just because it gives a niche as the exalt that was created when shit got too real for a god or when some god is planning something big. God-blooded have the issue in that gods can mass produce them and they'll tend to take too much after the god that had them. So it kind of goes against the purpose of having an exalt type that's base can't always be figured out.

>Why add Liminals, which potentially steal design space/themes from Abyssals?

Agree there Liminals from the sounds of it are more ghost hunters or something and not something I really care for.

>Why add Getiman at all?

I don't know about this anon. Alchemy Kung-fu exalts that can shift their charms use based on how their essence pool is used sounds pretty good. Not really sure about how they'll build the fluff though.

>Why remove the hard caps on the Celestials?

Pretty sure that is still around just it won't get mentioned every Ten pages in case someone wants to bend it.

>> No.43374013

>>43373938
>>43373975
You guys realize that once the IP transfers owners, the new owners can simply pay out the default penalty and take control of the IP?

Considering the IP was literally just valued at 1.2 million dollars, those default costs are bound to be insignificant by comparison.

>still believing OPP will be allowed to keep WoD and Exalted

Do you know what the definition of insanity is?

>> No.43374029

>>43373975
They don't have it, Paradox does, OPP are licencing it. There's a difference.

>>43374013
I don't think they'll keep it, but OPP 3e core is probably still going to happen.

>> No.43374051

>>43373824
You don't? I bet you're some poorfag who doesn't have an in-sink garbage disposal.

>> No.43374077

For all the edf who can't read:

"Over the last 20 years, I've had the opportunity to work with beloved studios like DICE and Paradox on the business management side of games, and as a developer earlier in my career. I look forward to bringing my experience to bear as we pursue new ways to interact with White Wolf's universes," added Sjögren, CEO of White Wolf Publishing. "The White Wolf IPs are well suited for all kinds of media and we see great potential to expand them in the future."

In a note to GamesIndustry.biz he added, "We believe that part of being a good steward of these IPs is to pursue the opportunities that are the best fit for the brands themselves and not shoehorn them into video games. Setting up White Wolf Publishing to operate as its own entity makes that a lot easier for us."

Source: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2015-10-29-paradox-interactive-buys-white-wolf-publishing

OPP is losing the licenses. It is not a matter of if, but when. Given everything, I think sooner is more likely than later.

>> No.43374110

Pre-Leak:
>AshtonKutcherLaughing.gif

Post-Leak:
>This is actually pretty fucking awesome. I really like Ex3 now.

Backer PDF:
>HOLDEN AND MORKE ATE MY BABIES AND LAUGHED WHILE KICKING MY PUPPY
>EVERYTHING IN EX3 IS SHIIIIIIT

Can't wait to see what happens when the print book comes out.

>> No.43374133

>>43374110
I don't understand where the hate is coming from, we knew exactly what we'd be getting - appalling art aside

>> No.43374139

>>43374077
Depends on when Paradox notice Exalted over their WoD boner. Could be soon, like right after they make a WW team for WoD, could be later.

>>43374110
There's plenty that still like 3e, but now were disappointed that the devs didn't fix known issues people found in the leak, like Craft.

>> No.43374142

>Paradox is buying out White wolfs IP

Prepare for a long wait and a lot of bugs.

>> No.43374148

>>43374133
Some people did not read the leak, and are appalled to discover that Holden and Morke have taken a giant dump on paper, and then smeared it around a bit, declaring it "the greatest RPG ever."

>> No.43374157

>>43374148
>Some people did not read the leak

On the official forums sure, but there were people on 4chan who didn't?

Why?

>> No.43374169

>>43374139
>Depends on when Paradox notice Exalted over their WoD boner
Oh, I've already written them to ask when we can expect Exalted Kings.

Will keep doing so until it's announced. :3

>> No.43374170

>>43374142
They are making an independent team under the WW banner, it'll be mostly different people.

>> No.43374186

>>43374133
People have always hated the developers, but now that there's a publicly visible failure they feel justified calling for their heads and shit talking them. This kind of rage and vitriol doesn't take much thought, and makes people feel happier for some reason.

>> No.43374212

>>43374186
>makes people feel happier for some reason.
So does punching kittens.

This just happens to be a lot more socially acceptable.

>> No.43374251

>>43374133
>I don't understand where the hate is coming from

If you've spent more than 5 minutes on the Kickstarter page, you know where the hate is coming from - massive, massive spergs.

>> No.43374317

>>43374157
Apparently, some people didn't want "Spoilers".

Yeah. I know.

>> No.43374364

Weren't they going to re-release the fiction anthology with less retarded stories?

>> No.43374397
File: 119 KB, 600x841, 1446171002707.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43374317
It's better to spread your disappointment over a longer period of time so that it doesn't grow into outrage.

>> No.43374552

>>43374157
I was simply disinterested in seeing what I knew would be a disappointing draft.

I was hoping the playtesting would sort it all out, but no luck there. Given Holden and Morke's asinine outlook on playtesting, I sort of figured we were going to be delivered a book requiring a couple dozen pages of errata.

This draft was not something I expected in my most feverish dreams. To say that I am disappointed is to note that a tsunami is a wave.

>>43374397
Perhaps. But I also wouldn't have enjoyed these two weeks of delicious schadenfreude quite the same, either.

>> No.43374599

>>43374552
See what I mean about spergs?

>> No.43374649

>>43374251
>>43374599
ok holden

>> No.43374679

>>43374649
ok holden

>> No.43374680

>>43374649
SpUUUUURRRrrrrggGGG

>> No.43374694
File: 2.12 MB, 533x300, what.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43374649
>>43374679
>>43374680

>> No.43374711

>>43374694
ok holden

>> No.43374729

>>43372608
I don't think there will ever be a dev vision that will ever be good. Hard to please and do a game that will satisfy various tastes like: Those who just want power wank escapism, people who like the dumb fun of the gonzo JRPG shit, and the devs masturbatory wish of 2deep4u meditations over power and humanity.

>>43373992
Anti-sids sound intriguing on paper but that gimmick I'm very suspicious of that gimmick being done well. As it seems like something from a video which is fine since the computer can keep tabs of resources for you but with people will be annoying to do. In fact it sounds like a gimmick for a MOBA character.

>> No.43374746

>>43374157

I haven't read either the leak or the release.

why?

I don't actually need to be familiar with the material to shitpost.

>> No.43374878

>>43369083
All of them.

>> No.43374912

>>43374878
You're the best. Even MA?

>> No.43374982

>>43369930
>Also best handled romance in all of Gundam
That's because it was one of the few Gundams where the women exist as characters beyond as vehicles for pathos for the male characters (primarily by dying tragically).

>> No.43375015

>>43370118
>The Blessed Isle is so huge, a Solar could outright found a country in there and the Realm would take years to notice and take action beyond "throw a few monks at it".
And this is completely retarded.

Hell, for a lot of stuff in 2e, they literally just reprinted the stuff that was in 1e but multiplied all the geographical sizes and distances by 5, without changing anything else about it to compensate.

>> No.43375081

>>43371815
Maybe OP's art is supposed to look inhuman? The blank stare makes me think so. Then again, a lot of anime people have werewolf toes, so maybe not.

>> No.43375086

>>43374077
>OPP is losing the licenses. It is not a matter of if, but when. Given everything, I think sooner is more likely than later.
Considering all but three of OPP's employees are freelancers, it's entirely possible they'll just keep going as usual but freelance for White Wolf instead of Onyx Path now.

Hell, maybe White Wolf will just straight-up hire OPP's people. OPP was originally formed because CCP gave zero shits about doing anything their white wolf properties in the first place.

>> No.43375119

>>43374912
Even MA. Every Ability takes about four to five hours to do, though, so don't expect MA soon.

>> No.43375132

>>43375086
ok holden

>> No.43375182
File: 48 KB, 224x257, hope.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43375119

>> No.43375192

>>43375086
It's possible, yeah.

>> No.43375215

>>43375119

Good luck with Craft, anon.

>> No.43375233

>>43375215
>>43375119
Oh fuck, please leave Craft for last.

>> No.43375247

>>43375086
There is little reason I can se to not do this. OPP people know the settings they're working with, are mostly actually reasonably good at their jobs - even Holden and Morke have come up with a solid, fun game - and, perhaps most importantly, they have a following.

>> No.43375256

>>43375086
>it's entirely possible they'll just keep going as usual but freelance for White Wolf instead of Onyx Path now.
Doubtful.

I mean, certainly, they'll probably hire proven developers and writers out from under OPP.

But not Holden and Morke. Not after they find out what a PR disaster those two are.

Again, Paradox takes PR very fucking seriously. I wouldn't be surprised to learn they'll want to vet authors' comments on forums.

>> No.43375266

Sea Devil Training Technique says you can raise a crew's stats to "Soldier-level combat prowess", does that mean Battle-Ready Troops / Medium Infantry?

>> No.43375267

>>43372608
> liminals steal abyssal themes
They really don't. Liminals are the corpse exalted, specifically their own corpses from the looks of things. Abyssals are the death exalted, dealing with the more metaphysical aspects of death, like the soul and the underworld. You're basically saying prometheans steal vampire thematic space. Shit dragon blooded steal solar thematics as much as liminals steal abyssal themes

>> No.43375271

>>43375233

And get your Will in order.

>> No.43375277

>>43375256
>But not Holden and Morke. Not after they find out what a PR disaster those two are.
>Again, Paradox takes PR very fucking seriously. I wouldn't be surprised to learn they'll want to vet authors' comments on forums.
How about hiring Morke and Holden on the condition that they shut the fuck up and leave PR for other people?

>> No.43375289

>>43375267

Abyssals used to be both, look at their old charm trees. The devs are making needlessly specific exalt types that could fall under the umbrella of currently existing ones. Cant imagine why theyre doing it, because its easy to sell people on shiny new exalt types?

>> No.43375290

>>43375277
>How about hiring Morke and Holden on the condition that they shut the fuck up and leave PR for other people?
Holden would never agree to that, anon.

If that dude goes 3 minutes without an opinion flying out of his ass, I'm the Prince of Monaco.

>> No.43375312

Can Solars go against fate?

>> No.43375320

>>43375233
Craft wont. E a big deal. It's long but not so much longer it would take more than an extra hour.

>> No.43375350

>>43375312
It's implied somewhere that large expenditures of essence (somewhere in the realm of 15+ motes) disrupt individual fates. So, yes, and regularly.

>> No.43375366

>>43375312
Fate != lack of free will in Exalted, it's more like predictability of character. You don't go along or against Fate, you make it, and the Maidens guide it.
Fate is weird around Essence users.

>> No.43375373

>>43375350
And would a purged Infernal still be outside of it?

>> No.43375415

>>43375373
As far as I'm aware, once you're outside fate, nothing can make you fated again.

>> No.43375432

>might just hire the OPP people.

I feel like putting holden and morke in a real studio with a real budget and real employees with oversight from real businessmen who wear real suits would do a lot to mitigate their dumbassery and not do a whole lot to diminish the good ideas that they apparently do have.

>> No.43375433

>>43375415
You'll start emulating and having fate again after messing about with fated things long enough, actually

>> No.43375437

>>43375373
No, he'd be brought in and his CoD tag removed.
>>43375415
Yes you can, starmetal weapons do it all the time, you just pop back out because outside fate is your natural state.

>> No.43375452

>>43375432
This is a good point.

>> No.43375510

>>43374746
I didn't know Chung visited these threads. How is irrelevance treating you?

>> No.43375525

>>43375510
>namechecks anon
>immediately declares them irrelevant

How's that cognitive dissonance working for you, Holden?

>> No.43375543

>>43375525
Nah he's got a point, not reading anything but shitposting about it anyway is exactly what Chung did.

>> No.43375558

Cant see Paradox doing anything with Exalted, but if they were going to do something having an actual competent line developer who was a solid technical editor would be wonderful

>> No.43375639

>>43375558
>Cant see Paradox doing anything with Exalted
But... but... Blessed Isle Victoria! Crusader God-Kings! Hearts of Soulsteel!

WHY WOULD YOU NOT TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS

WHYYYYYYY

>> No.43375650

>>43375290
>If that dude goes 3 minutes without an opinion flying out of his ass, I'm the Prince of Monaco.
He was off the Forum for Months while Ex3 was being playtested, your highness.

>> No.43375674

>>43375639
They don't have the manpower to take advantage of everything, and they wave plenty of other things to take advantage of, like the behemoth that is WoD.

They've also said they won't shoehorn every IP into vidya.

>> No.43375735

>>43375289
Have you read the liminal charms? When did abyssals ever do shit like break their own bones to move quicker or have bones burst from their flesh as an attack?

>> No.43375778

Plus, Exalted is relatively minor: videogame market is already familiar with the World of Darkness through Bloodlines, Redemption and other videogames, so developing those would be far more profitable, while the anime fad that Exalted was based on has passed.

>> No.43375811

>>43375674
>They've also said they won't shoehorn every IP into vidya.

Exalted Modern Hearts of Iron, though. Would that not just be the best fucking thing ever.

"I need to invade Thorns for their soulsteel deposits, even if it costs me influence. FUCKSAKES RESEARCHERS GET DONE ON THOSE ORICHALCUM TANKS I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY. Wait... what do you mean Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact?"

>> No.43375882

>>43375778
That doesn't actually make sense, anon. The thing that makes the vidjagame market familiar with a setting is writing good games in that setting. Most /v/ folks didn't give a slippery shit about WoD until Bloodlines happened.

It would be absurd to suggest Bloodlines was popular cos it was V:TM; it was popular because it was FUCKING AWESOME.Similarly one FUCKING AWESOME Exalted game and every /v/idiot will be on that shit like fruit flies on a banana split.

>> No.43375910

>>43375735

Since first edition? e.g. Writhing Blood Chain Technique, Hungry Ghost Form, Unnatural Shambling Deftness, Burrowing Bone Maggot (literally involves bones bursting through the Abyssals flesh as an attack) and so on. There were plenty of Abyssal charms that involved undead and corpse style stuff. They could have folded liminals in an off-shoot without making them a whole new splat. But long time WW fans wouldnt have that new splat horn then would they?

>> No.43375938

>>43375910

Thousand Needle Torrent, where the abyssal turns into a bone cactus.

>> No.43375951

>>43375882
Too bad Platinum are busy with like 3 games.

>> No.43375970

>Alchemicals get back on the scene
>The gods of Yu-Shan use them to play Robot Wars
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xb2dwEyrs8c

>> No.43375993

>>43375938
>where the abyssal turns into a bone cactus.
That sounds more funny that it would be to experience.

>> No.43376027

>>43375993

Well they grow lots of bone needles under their skin and shoot them out, cactus just sprung to mind

>> No.43376271

>>43375650
>He was off the Forum for Months while Ex3 was being playtested, your highness.
That didn't stop opinions from flying out of his ass on the regular, though. Some of them quite odious.

>> No.43376297

>>43375951
Obsidian has two dev teams now.

I'm sure Paradox can lure the other team in.

>> No.43376440

>>43376297
With VtM, yes. Because let's be honest here, that would be their priority.

>> No.43376607
File: 136 KB, 1200x1800, DFOThief.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43374133
>>43374110

The hate is coming from:

1: Problems in the leak that weren't addressed in the slightest (MA being overcosted and kind of shit, Craft being shit, various errors, Melee still being miles ahead of everything else, etc).

2: The art is repulsively bad. In a game line thats always had at least mid tier art, this is a new low. A lot of it also doesn't look a damn thing like Exalted, because it's done in a style more fitting something like D&D rather than wuxia Hercules as viewed via Final Fantasy land.

>> No.43376655

>>43376440
>With VtM, yes. Because let's be honest here, that would be their priority.
Maybe.

I can ask Josh what his feelings are on Exalted. I suspect he's a fan.

>> No.43376691

>>43374729

Power gaming and gonzo JRPG shit usually go hand in hand, because JRPG's are usually over the top as fuck. Even in the SNES days Final Fantasy characters were suplexing trains, tossing nukes around, and Mary Sue-ing it up pretty hard.

It's the dev's masturbatory shit thats fucking it up, more or less. The game was never 2deep4u, at best it had a thin veil of grey over a fairly black and white setting.

>> No.43376703

>>43376655
I mean, if they get a chance with mother fucking Obsidian of all studios, you better bet they'd give them Vampire, because of the success of bloodlines and because of the quality writing it requires.

>> No.43376741
File: 976 KB, 350x263, whynotboth.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43376703

>> No.43376756
File: 278 KB, 715x1350, GunslingerGirl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43376607

Oh, and the fact it took them 8 months to do virtually fucking nothing. They reduced the font size in some places, cut some shit wholesale, and threw in that fucking terrible art. The whole thing probably could've been shit out in 2 months if they were actually fucking trying.

>> No.43376791

>>43376703
Not enough quality studios, not enough money to pump into them, but they actually might, you never know.

>> No.43376920

>>43376756
>>43376607

One of the things that apparently ate up time was the layout.
I don't recall anyone asking for a different layout for each chapter.

It was obviously something thrown in at the last minute. I just wonder why they suddenly chose to do this.

>> No.43376948

>>43376691
You mean the cringe worthy edge and sexual shit shoehorned into stuff?

>>43376691
Also now you make me crave an Exalted with a 90's anime fantasy aesthetic. Read: Knife eared elves, fuck long pauldrons, magic crystals out the ass, and out of place sci-fi shit

>>43376756
Which DFO class would steamroll exalted and why is it glacial master?

>> No.43377011

>>43376948
>You mean the cringe worthy edge and sexual shit shoehorned into stuff?

Okay, rather than just insult you, I'm going to ask: what sexual shit has been shoehorned into the game? Out of over 600 Charms, there is one related specifically to sex, and it is the most vanilla, inoffensively written Charm imaginable. There are two related to seduction attempts.

Is this really too much sex for you? Because if so, it's not that they're shoehorning it in, the problem is you.

>> No.43377037

>>43376756
Stop avatarfagging so we can take you seriously.

>> No.43377071
File: 80 KB, 452x750, 1402633004102.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43377037
ok holden

>> No.43377174

Anyone got some good character art? Not necessarily for PCs, need some for NPCs too.

>> No.43377199
File: 159 KB, 567x920, 1402625741076.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43377174
check the threads

we post a lot

>> No.43377292

>Component Tessellation Protocol.
Lets a group of Alchemicals link together into a larger version of a single Alchemical Charm drawing on the power of a leyline.

>> No.43377382

EARTH!
FIRE!
WATER!
AIR!
WOOD!
>"By your powers combined I am...Captain Wǔ hé!"

>> No.43377549

>>43376948
>Also now you make me crave an Exalted with a 90's anime fantasy aesthetic. Read: Knife eared elves, fuck long pauldrons, magic crystals out the ass, and out of place sci-fi shit
Play Second Edition, get the supplement about the First Age and the book about First Age Artifacts. Done.

The Exalted used to dabble with breeding more strange humans, like those pygmy panda people (who I don't know if will be in Ex3), so yeah, you cna have long-eared Exalted elves and Exalteddwarves and Exalted whatever strange race in your favorite anuimu. Even Exalted beastmen are canon.

>> No.43377566

>>43377011
Dunno about 1e fluff but 2e fluff was fucking bad about it. Because of how puerile it was.

Mercury ants in 2e made you SUPER horny via their mercury poison except first ed ants had none of that shit

2e also turning Goat-wolf-faggot/Ma-ha-suichi into a furfag rape machine with his rape pens of turbo rape.

Lillun

DB fluff involving their creation involving some stupid bullshit about their training involving training and superorgyfuntimes which is fucking retarded given that the fluff said their pregnancies last as long as an African elephant's which makes it inefficient on atop you already having super powers for training motherfuckers to be the best which means you should gather a bunch of peasants and apply your magics until you can shove the exaltation up their collective asses.

Various "LOOK AT OUR EDGY ALT SEXUAL SHIT" moments in the background stuff

Latent mindcontrol fetish stuff

>> No.43377621

>>43377549

There are a few (terrible) pictures of djala

>> No.43377727

>>43377566

Ma-Ha-Suchi was more or less the same in both early editions. It is horrible to believe but 2e Lunars were a vast improvement over 1e.

Lilun was dumb, but no one defends her, and the author who did that no longer freelances for them.

I don't see what you mean by "latent mindcontrol fetish stuff", and find the game has way less mind control than other WW lines, such as Vampire, where the vinculum and Dominate are core powers; Exalted is bereft of mental influence, really.

The mercury ants I don't mind but I'll agree are goofy, and the DB origins will have to involve a lot of banging because they're the sole reproductive, blood-passing Exalted, but there's no real need to get into it.

This was all 2e, though. 2e is dead and gone.

>> No.43377742

>>43375366
>>43375312
That is not what Fate is, though.
Keep in mind this is all 2e magical-scientific babble, but...
Fate is kinda like the physics of Creation and it's regulated by Pattern Spiders andthe Loom of Fate. Fate means dead thing gonna decompose, falling things hit the ground, the Sun rises in the East and sets in the West, rain is made of water and not orange juice and people die when they are killed. Essence expenditure and inauspicious events like the presence of demons or Calibration cause Fate glitch, so you may have weird stuff like falling objects floating midair or a killed person standing both there dead and alive watching his corpse. Sidereals are usually snet to fix them.
Destiny is the thing we commonly call fate. Destiny is a plan for Creation and every element of it as laid out by the Maidens. It's basically the shit they would like to happen and heavily dpendant both on Fate and the manipulation of the Bureau of Destiny. If there weren't any powerful people messing with this plan you could read the future history of Creation just by taking a walk in the Loom; of course Exalted and other Essence users do what they like and are powerful enough to shit on the manipulations of the Bureau of Destiny.

>> No.43377762

>>43375650
>>43376271
He was venting out on an irc channel where he showed the worst he could ever possibly be.

>> No.43377794

>>43377549
But second edition crunch is icky.

>>43377727
The mercury ants are fucking stupid magical realm horseshit and sound like something from the writer's ERP game got chunked into the fucking official material .

The DB origins as they were explained were also fucking stupid and sounded like someone shoehorning their ERP material.

>> No.43377834

>>43377762
I'm OK with that, actually. If he wants to talk shit in an unofficial IRC casually, go for it, so long as he keeps it off brand-name channels.

>>43377794
Yeah the ants are dumb, but I can't get indignant over them because it's such a mild dumb. And the DB origins make sense to me with how DB Exaltation works. If you make a limited number of reproducing supersoldiers, and need more, well, they gotta reproduce.

>> No.43377843

>>43376948
>Also now you make me crave an Exalted with a 90's anime fantasy aesthetic. Read: Knife eared elves, fuck long pauldrons, magic crystals out the ass, and out of place sci-fi shit
Magic Knight Rayearth?

>> No.43377870

>>43377794
Then use Ex3's mechanics and those supplement's ideas. You'll have a fair amount to work ahead of you but at least you'll be able to take inspiration.

>> No.43377890
File: 60 KB, 697x1080, AfricanPrincess.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43377174

I've dumped a lot of art several times, but this thread is almost dead so no reason to dump here,

>> No.43377942

>>43377834
I'm not indignant so much as annoyed with how childish it's handled

And DB origins are fucking stupid because its hard to believe during the very urgent war with beyond godly entities that are wrecking the world that you're gonna allow for them to breed up their numbers as opposed to magically training up your wannabe super-soldiers and shoving the initial exaltation into them.

>>43377870
I think we could do better. It involves binge drinking and watching a shitton of 90's fantasy anime and some lps of some JRPGs and then tossing that into the Sword World and then garnishing it with Pocky sticks

>> No.43377943
File: 312 KB, 730x1032, 1406741999013.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43377834
>I'm OK with that, actually. If he wants to talk shit in an unofficial IRC casually, go for it, so long as he keeps it off brand-name channels.
Let me put it this way.

If I mouthed off like that, even outside of official capacity, I would be before a court martial on an Article 133.

Yes, it sucks, but you need to understand that you have an audience and thus have a responsibility to represent the organizations you work for in an appropriate manner.

I mean, it's not like there are no anonymous message boards out there if you just need to blow off some steam.

>> No.43377956

>>43377942
The war didn't start immediately, they had buildup in secret and shit.

>> No.43377971

>>43377943
>If I mouthed off like that, even outside of official capacity, I would be before a court martial on an Article 133.
I don't know what you do, but if it risks court martials I'm going to assume military of some kind, federal government stuff.

A position like that carries vastly more responsibility on the clock and off the clock than an RPG writer. I'm not going to hold Holden to those standards.

>>43377942
I don't think the war was ever meant to be "very urgent". The Sidereals explicitly worked with the Primordials in Yu-Shan for years, for instance. The timeline is fuzzy but the Exalted weren't made on Monday and warring by Friday.

>> No.43377979

>>43377943
source?

>> No.43378001

>>43377971
>The Sidereals explicitly worked with the Primordials in Yu-Shan for years, for instance.
Really?

>> No.43378006

>>43377979
Picture source I mean.

>> No.43378018
File: 369 KB, 826x1000, 1406754143103.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>43377979
You must be daft, anon.

We literally just established this happened in the official unofficial irc.

>> No.43378030

>>43378001
I think they actually worked with the *Maidens* in Yu-Shan, but the Primordials were aware of them. They were around.

Prior to actual murder and combat, the Exalted were just one of countless exotic and strange entertainments in Creation.

>>43378018
Think he means the image, bud.

>> No.43378042

>>43378006
Oh. Fuck if I know.

Someone probably does.

>> No.43378148
File: 721 KB, 765x678, 2013-08-03 12.55.12 am.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>http://howsfamily.net/Exalted/#

Holy shit, how are you this great? Why didn't you share this?

>> No.43378172

>>43372965
>>43378148
ok

>> No.43378216

>>43378172
thats not the sweet editable character sheet, but ok. I only found it by going back to the root folder for it.

>> No.43378229

>>43370980

Kiss of the whip: A wound penalty that stacks 5 times is just all kinds of nope. You have any idea how hard they are to negate? Increasing by 1 is worthy of a charm itself for a solar. MA might need something extra, but it's overkill.

Form: Do. Not. Add. Static. Values. To. DV. This is far, far too potent. Nullifying them and gaining a dice bonus to actions instead of penalty is fine. As for mastery, I think it's fine enough to be baked into the form itself.

Punishment Method: Not sure what to think of this as it's like HTT in 2.Xe. User should be free to do what they want for a scene after spending a single WP to resist. I think the amount needed to spend also worries me.

Brand of Obedience: Interesting idea, but I think this is way too strong personally. Know the Soul's Price in 2.Xe at least needed you to accomplish a feat, this is just get hit with gambit and get fucked.

Slave Stamina: I'd use the Infernal health wrap around trick.

Estatic Tenacity: I like it

Rapture in Chains: Needs a big buff if you're going to use it anywho.

Groveling Prana: Fine.

Capstone: Eh... I think it can be better, but to me using a gambit and then having the battle be almost done is kinda iffy, and the cost is just insane. I mean it could be fine but it leaves like a sour taste for me.

>> No.43378278

>>43378229
>A wound penalty that stacks 5 times is just all kinds of nope.
that's a canon antagonist charm. The antagonist stacks without limit, in fact.

>> No.43378342

>>43378278

Antagonist Charms are not designed the same as PC Charms, since antagonists get all of 4 of them and each one needs to count a lot.

>> No.43378398

>>43378342
yet somehow half his charms are straight copies of Solar charms

>> No.43378439

>>43374148

The system is good at least.

>> No.43378454

>>43378439
It may reach the dizzying heights of mediocre.

>> No.43378470

>>43378439
The system is good, the fluff is pretty good, even most of the art is decent.

>> No.43378505

>>43376948

Overmind or Avenger Second Awakening.

In the official anime shorts they do for the game, the dungeon fighters are insanely god damn strong.

>> No.43378521

>>43378278

See >>43378342

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action