Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.42543579 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Didn't see one, so lets get started

>> No.42545210

>>42543579

>> No.42545712

>For the last fucking time Phil, Unarmored Defense works with your clothes on.

>> No.42545916 [DELETED] 

Does anyone have the source of this? Because that scene is pretty cool.

>> No.42545947

>> No.42545981

Does anyone have the source of this? Because that scene is pretty cool.

>> No.42546055

>> No.42546097

>>42545210

More like a weapon to surpass metal gear. fuckin idiot.

>> No.42546102

>>42545981
Little Witch Academia
It's pretty damn awesome.

>> No.42546107

>>42545981
The whole thing is pretty cool and beautifully animated

>> No.42546115

>>42545981

Little Witch Academia.

>> No.42546372

>> No.42546464

>> No.42546483

>> No.42546499

>> No.42546522

>> No.42546527

>> No.42546556

>> No.42546559

>> No.42546591

>> No.42546610

>> No.42546628

>> No.42546651

>> No.42546660

>>42546527
>Non-Euclidean Sexual Assault

>> No.42546677

>> No.42546684

>> No.42546689

>> No.42546704

>> No.42546707

>>42546684
Is that... is that a bat as someone's legit pet?

>> No.42546714

>> No.42546731

>> No.42546734

>> No.42546744

>> No.42546761

>> No.42546767

>> No.42546769

>>42546522
>>42546689
Source?

>> No.42546783

>>42546684
No, I think it's a baby at an animal shelter.

>> No.42546789

>>42546769
/co/ Hunger Games threads on the weekends.

>> No.42546795

>> No.42546811

>> No.42546816

>>42546783

>> No.42546830

>> No.42546832

>> No.42546841

>> No.42546859

>> No.42546861

>>42546841
Oh hey, it's what Dorn shoves up his ass

>> No.42546868

>> No.42546881

>>42546861
Isn't what an actual weapon they use looks like?

>> No.42546887

>>42546881

>> No.42546905

>> No.42546941

>>42546887
Dorn gets more flack than he deserves.

>> No.42546942

>>42546881
Well, nowhere is it stated Dorn DOESN'T shove it up hi ass.

>> No.42546962

>>42546942
I thought it was made after he went missing.

>> No.42546974

>> No.42546980

>> No.42547003

>> No.42547038

>>42546974
>first: mom
>second: some other touchy-feely relative
simple

>> No.42547073

>>42546941
No, he gets as much flak as he deserves. The stuck up, elitist, fuckwad he is.

Openly criticized an effective way to conduct warfare to Alpharius' face; and that's just to start.

>> No.42547117

>>42547073
>Openly criticized an effective way to conduct warfare to Alpharius' face; and that's just to start.
Lowwhat? That was Rowboat.

>> No.42547144

>>42546859
>homestuck
>coke
>not tab

>> No.42547173

>>42546527
it's been a while since I've seen that pic, I remember /h trying to decipher it and failing

>> No.42547207

>>42547144
The coke is the OP who posted the thread. Strangely enough I think the Pepsi fits /tg/. Who has that Pepsi universe PDF? The one that causes you to roll for SAN.

>> No.42547232

>>42543579
Can I get a name for this?

>> No.42547257

>>42547232
>you're too slow.jpg

>> No.42547263

>>42547207

>> No.42547288

>> No.42547295

>>42547257

>> No.42547304

>>42547207
I get that the OP is the one being beaten up, I just think it should be a Tab can, not a Coke can, because the presence of Tab cola is a running gag in HS.

>> No.42547340

>>42547304
Shoot, forgot about that. It's been a while since I read the comic, and the gigapause is up and running.

>> No.42547376

>>42547263
Thanks, Anon.

>> No.42547453

>> No.42547482

>> No.42547555

>>42546744

kek'd well to this

>> No.42547566

>> No.42547592

>>42547263
What is the context to this?

>> No.42547628

>>42547592
some kind of ad nonsense from the backrooms of pepsi

there is no context, just marketers trying to justify their existence.

>> No.42547632

>>42547592

Pepsi marketers

This is the kind of bullshit you have to make up when a company gives you ten quadrillion dollars to alter a simple emblem.

>> No.42547646

>>42547592
It was made by the guys who Pepsi hired to redesign their logo. The fact that they're using the design at the end shows that they went with it.

Yes, that .pdf is legit what Pepsi's bosses went with.

>> No.42547655

>>42546941
I think it says a lot that so many fans assume the Iron Warriors version of the story is the accurate one.

Someone wrote up a pretty cool piece on the philosophy of redemption through suffering that helps explain Dorn and the Imperial Fists, but damned if I can remember it off hand.

>> No.42547663

>> No.42547696

>>42547646
>>42547592
>>42547263
It should be noted that Pepsi spent over 2 million dollars for that.
Let that sink in. They bought that bullshit for two-fucking-million.

>> No.42547699

>>42547655
I'll look for it.

>> No.42547747

>> No.42547799

>>42547696
Hey, that is some fucking fine, highest-quality bullshit. Pre-internet, most people went their entire lives without even being aware of such utter crazy. Back then, that sort of total madness would have been cheap at twice the price. All you young whippersnappers who grew up with Time Cube Guy and anti-vaxxers just a google away don't know how good you have it.

>> No.42547807

>> No.42547893

>> No.42547973

>>42546556
Source is the Maria Holic >OPhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOHwVZc6QYY

>> No.42548058

>> No.42548174

>> No.42548197

>> No.42548218

>> No.42548240

>> No.42548260

>> No.42548337

>>42546483
I have been looking for this image for a year.

>> No.42548388

>>42548240

This is a crime.

>> No.42548423

>>42546559

As a trans woman, this thing needs to die.

>> No.42548446

>> No.42548469

>> No.42548477

>>42548240

Gotta admire the man's dedication to his waifu.

>> No.42548487

>> No.42548511

>> No.42548519

>>42548423
>Chris-san
>Ever dying
He exists to entertain us, anon.

>> No.42548529

>>42548446
Honestly, for such a cheap special effect it works pretty well.

>> No.42548537

>>42548519
Also, it is a champion of Nurgle. Those fuckers never die.

>> No.42548538

>> No.42548560

>>42547263
I work in marketing and what the fuck is this

I guess not understanding any of this shit is why I'm still not designing Pepsi's new logo.

>> No.42548562

>> No.42548644

>>42546115
Sauce for this?

>> No.42548666

>>42548560

The guy who leaked it actually gave a rundown of everything it was supposed to mean, I wish I had saved that to go along with the Pepsi Universe PDF, but it's supposedly saying stock-basic marketing stuff in "corporate-synergistic-linguatizing" marketing shibboleth language and stuck next to a bunch of pictures with only tangent meaning to the content being said or absolute nonsense.

>> No.42548675

>>42548240

Not sure if autism or professional troll. That hurt to watch.

>> No.42548684

>>42548644

It's from an advertisement. That's almost the whole lent of it.

>> No.42548780

>>42548666
Why do I suddenly want to sculpt dice out of vegetables?

That red onion looks awesome.

>> No.42548783

>>42548197
>Gropey the Clown at the mall

>> No.42548900

>>42548666
I only find myself using those words when I can't properly justify why the idea I came up with while drunk is good for the brand.

>> No.42548942

>>42548783

Not enough hooks and bodyhorror to be Gropey.

>> No.42548969

>>42548666

Cauliflower is on there three times, and Endive twice. It is triggering my autism.

>> No.42548997

>>42548942
>Not enough hooks and bodyhorror to be Gropey.
Why?

>> No.42549049

>>42548900

That's what they're there for, Anon. Those words are the words you use when you can't explain it, and everybody pretends to agree because nobody wants to look like a fool in front of everybody for not understanding, even though nobody actually understands it.

It's a double-blind lie that is perpetuated because the stakes for collapsing this particular wave-form are unwilling to be paid. So it remains uncollapsed, everyone nodding with mock confidence for fear of losing face in front of people just as clueless as them.

>> No.42549071

>>42548388
its a hardball gun, no need to get upset

>> No.42549128

>>42548538
source?

>> No.42549154

>>42549128
Record of Lodoss War

>> No.42549299

>>42549154
Thanks bra!

>> No.42549336

>> No.42549416

>> No.42549470

>> No.42549512

>>42548240
Fucking shoot him! Why did none of those idiots walk over and put one in his ear!?

>> No.42549542

>>42549512
Its an airsoft gun, stop being so edgy.
Love, /k/.

>> No.42549569

>>42549542
>Airsoft gun
>At a range

It was actually real. I know your conscious mind can't comprehend that someone could actually do that, but he did

>> No.42549579

>>42549071

Hardball gun?

>> No.42549616

>>42549569

He is probably in Japan or Taiwan. They love their airsoft over there, and legit have airsoft ranges. Because you know, both of those countries are civilized countries that don't allow their citizens to have guns.

>> No.42549622

>>42549569
Look on the ground. There's thousands of pellets scattered across the ground.

It's an airsoft gun, and apparently enough people at the range use them that the ground is covered with pellets and bbs rather than casings.

>> No.42549630

>>42546115
what is this a gif for ants?

>> No.42549639

>>42548423
>>42548423
Oh? Why is that? Should a man not be allowed to do certain things because he has a penis? PC Principal is going to beat the shit out of you for that.

>> No.42549640

>>42549579
Airsoft

>> No.42549662

>> No.42549680

>>42546744
>not Et Tu, Brute
7/10

>> No.42549683

>>42549569
if he's in japan or taiwan real guns are absurdly illegal, over there they have airsoft ranges. It's a national pastime like paintball guns and what have you.

>>42549616
anon most civilized countries allow their citizens to have guns, only a tyranny fears an armed populace. That said what is and is not appropriate for a citizen to own is varied. A handgun for self defence is up for debate, a fully automatic weapon has no business being in the hands of a private citizen. A hunting rifle with a large magazine is integral for farmers who live in regions infested with wild pigs, never mind hunting dear or water fowl.

guns are just weapons, if you banned them wholesale people would find different weapons.

>> No.42549685

>>42549616
>Because you know, both of those countries are civilized countries that don't allow their citizens to have guns.

>> No.42549692

>>42549662
Who rejected them?

>> No.42549712

>>42549685

Say what you will. I visited Japan and Taiwan recently. You can go out at night there without fearing for your life.

>> No.42549714

>> No.42549715

>>42549569
>floor covered in airsoft pellets
>no casings anywhere

>> No.42549733

>>42549692
His wife or girlfriend, I would guess.

>> No.42549735

>> No.42549755

>>42549712
>Its bait, and I know it, but fuck it. Can't help myself
I do that all the time in the USA and I don't fear for my life. Shit, I live in a state with relatively lax gun laws.

Americans have decided, implicitly, that they like guns. The price is people get shot, and apparently we're ok with that.

If you're scared because someone, somewhere has a gun - that's on you.

>this bait is fucking delicious

>> No.42549862

>>42549683
Guns are perfectly legal. Super legal. That's what makes them so hard to obtain, their overwhelming legalness. So many hoops and hurdles to jump to own a gun.

>>42549712
You can do that in the US as well. It all depends on what area you're in, regardless of country. I believe Japan is home to the Yakuza, isn't it?


Too many posts without filenames, Anons. Keep it thread.

>> No.42549878

>>42549569
It's from the C-More Cup Unlimited 2014

>> No.42549887

>>42549755

Because all those mass shootings over the past few years have really shown us how responsible we are with guns, right?

Good thing there was all those people there with guns to stop them! Oh wait.

But seriously, try living around a big city. You won't want to go out at night. Fuck, you barely want to go out in the day.

Not once, while I was abroad in either of these countries did I feel the same way. Because it isn't just about guns, it is about people who aren't fucking retarded. Let's be honest here, if you want a gun, you want it to kill somebody. That is a gun's purpose. If you deny this, you are lying.

People over there? They don't want to kill people. That is why they don't need guns.

>> No.42549891

>>42549569
>Literally an airsoft gun
Starts at 5:30
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEDs2ez6Fpk

>> No.42549953

>>42549887
>But seriously, try living around a big city. You won't want to go out at night. Fuck, you barely want to go out in the day.
I only live in big cities. Never am scared to go out at night, or any other time.

>Because all those mass shootings over the past few years have really shown us how responsible we are with guns, right?
Like I said, America has implicitly decided that shootings are an acceptable risk to allow people to have guns.

> it is about people who aren't fucking retarded.
Have you seen some of the mad man shit that goes down in China? Stabbings in Taiwan. People are fucking retarded and violent everywhere. Just the means are different.

>if you want a gun, you want it to kill somebody. That is a gun's purpose.
I will agree with this only if you also agree with the statement if you substitute knives, hammers, screw drivers, cars, boxing gloves, etc etc.

People everywhere want to kill other people. Fact of humanity. Welcome to the species.

>> No.42549982

>>42549887
>Let's be honest here, if you want a gun, you want it to kill somebody. That is a gun's purpose. If you deny this, you are lying.
Same reason people want swords and knives, right? Retarded argument is retarded. I love how no one ever references the mass stabbings that happen in other countries. A month or so before Sandy Hook happened a dude in China ran into a school and stabbed/sliced over twenty kids with a knife. People murder each other with rat poison and medicine all the time.
People murder people. It happens. Taking away the tools won't stop the murders.

>> No.42549999

>>42549953
Look How Hardcore I Am: The Post

>Implying screwdrivers, cars, and fucking BOXING GLOVES are expressly meant to kill people.
Stupid nigger boxing gloves are goddamn sports safety equipment. 11/10 trolled as fuck right now.

>> No.42550018

>>42549982
Fuck, forgot my picture.

>> No.42550026

>> No.42550042

>>42549862
I'm pretty sure Japan has a super limited number of gun permits and those are usually relegated to police, wilderness workers, and maybe the odd rural farmer who has to deal with wild animals. Guess you'd have to either get a high tier airsoft gun and hunt squirrels or invest in a crossbow or bow or sling if you wanted to hunt.

>> No.42550084

>>42550042
Or you could just be a socially well adjusted person that doesn't need to justify their desire to kill things under "hunting for food" while living in a goddamn first-world nation.

>> No.42550095

>>42549683
>only a tyranny fears an armed populace
I feel like those sorts of arguments would hold more weight if militias were allowed to have their own tanks or fighter jets or artillery but I have not heard a single person actually advocate for militias having that much power.
I don't really think that most governments fear people with rifles overthrowing it.

>> No.42550114

>>42549999
You buy boxing gloves to help you train how to fight people without hurting yourself.

Why do you want to learn how to box? It is clearly for assaulting other people.

I would say more people die every year in car accidents than guns.

>implying guns are expressly designed for killing people
They're tools like everything else. It depends on the person to use them properly or improperly.

>> No.42550121

>>42550042
>contemporary Japanese man hunting squirrels in the wilderness with a sling
Sounds amazing! With a little shrine magic taking him to fantasy land, could easily be a fun character. Thanks.

Also
>GunArguments.jpg

>> No.42550123

>>42550026
>Not 3rd Party Splats

C'mon, anon.

>> No.42550149

>> No.42550175

>>42550114
What IS the express purpose for a firearm then?
If used as directed, for their intended purpose, what is the fucking result?

>> No.42550179

>>42548218
that's going to make me lose so much sleep from the nightmares it induces.

>> No.42550190

>>42550084
I enjoy shooting and killing boars for the purpose of eating their meat. I also enjoy killing deer as they are enormous vermin, squirrels too but it's hard to get together enough for a pot of soup unless you live in an area with fruit trees and then it's kind of unfair to the squirrels.

I want to kill animals, and as much as I fantasize about shooting my neighbors when they annoy me I have no intention to actually do it.

>>42550095
it doesn't help that the last militia in the US that owned tanks and stuff was a psychotic apocalyptic cult.

>>42550121
hey if you can get skilled with a sling hunting small game with it can be a great time actually. Fun Fact: Squirrels taste like rabbit and japan actually has a serious problem with a highly aggressive raccoon population so any japanese hunter past the 1970s or so might make a habit of killing, skinning, and eating raccoons.

>> No.42550194

>> No.42550196

>>42550175
clearly guns were invented to open cans

>> No.42550206

>> No.42550216

>>42550190
>I want to kill animals
>I fantasize about shooting my neighbors when they annoy me

Huh, at least you're honest about it. Good on you.

>> No.42550229

>>42549953

A gun's sole purpose is to kill things. Literally it.
Knives? Useful for cooking, whittling, fishing,etc.
Hammers? Building things.
Screw drivers? Same thing.
Cars are a method of transportation
Boxing gloves are for a sport.

These can all be used to kill people, but killing people is not their purpose.

A gun on the other hand, exists explicitly to kill things.

That is literally it.

>> No.42550233

>>42549755
>>42549887

You are both right and both wrong.

America, as a nation founded by armed revolutionaries, and that later seized much of its land from armed indigenous peoples, has had a long standing love of guns. This lead to powerful and wealthy gun manufacturing companies, and an undercurrent of martial culture.

But, when we became civilized in a modern sense, we didn't really apply the same controls over guns that we could have. And guns became more accurate, faster firing, etc, etc, without laws restricting them, because it opposes that underlying martial culture.

A bunch of other issues then get involved, like the mistreatment of veterans, our shitty prison system, and the poor state of our mental health system, and all that leads to un-trained, un-checked, unhealthy people getting guns.

Those people then go kill a bunch of people, and we all act surprised.

So yes, >>42549755 is right. The reason we have so many shootings is that we've decided we like guns more than we care about our citizen's safety.

How do I know this is true, because of the part he's wrong about: See, by the law, in many states, if I am afraid for my life, I am allowed to defend myself with deadly force. Many of those states also have open carry laws, meaning people can proudly walk around with automatic rifles on their hip. For which I, fearing for my life, am legally allowed to shoot them.

Because our laws about guns are retarded. A person being afraid because someone has a gun ISN'T just their problem, because in many places, they're totally justified.

Guns are also shitty at protection, due to a misphrasing on >>42549887's part.

Buying a gun does not mean I want a person dead. It does mean, however, that I either want a THING dead, or I'm simply seeking an abnormally expensive hobby to placate my masculinity.

Guns kill or injure things, or destroy small targets. They have no other intended function.

(cont)

>> No.42550235

>>42550216
meat comes from animals anon, even if you buy it from the supermarket someone killed that animal for you. If I want to eat wild boar I might as well shoot the pig myself.

besides, who hasn't engaged in some pointless revenge fantasy? It's healthy. It's when you start engaging in shit like that IRL that problems pop up.

>> No.42550308

>> No.42550322

>> No.42550329

>>42550229
It's used to propel a projectile at high speed.
I like using it to put holes in paper at 100yds.

>> No.42550334 [SPOILER] 

>>42550235
>meat comes from animals anon
Those poor cows.

>> No.42550357

>>42549862
Sauce on the gif?

>> No.42550388

>>42550334
i recognize that doujin :l

>> No.42550411

>> No.42550417

>> No.42550419

>>42550233

This doesn't mean that other countries don't have murders, or attacks, but here's the thing about guns:

They're really good at killing things. Again, because it's their fucking job.

So, for instance, these guys talking about Chinese mass stabbings: Yes, they happen. You know what makes them different from the Mass Shootings? How many people walk away from them. A quick look at wikipedia shows you the shit you're dealing with.

Out of the 36 people stabbed in school stabbings in china in 2011 and 2012, 4 died. That's 1 in 9 victims. Sandy Hook alone shot 28 people, killing 26 of them.

That's the difference.

Should we have tighter gun laws? I think so. But too many people have too much fear in them, of government seizure, or home invasion, or any of a dozen other things, to make it easy to get such things done in America.

My only solace is that twice as many people commit suicide with a gun as murder people with guns (Which is also a tragic and regrettable thing, but it's something of a solace to know that it's more likely someone will hurt themselves than others).

Now, let us trouble ourselves no more with this, as it's too much to be resolved in a thead about pictures with funny names.

>> No.42550423

>>42550388
More effective than anything PETA has come up with.

>> No.42550427

>>42550329

So what you are saying is you like to practice killing people.

Sorry, I missed that one.

>> No.42550436

>>42550229
The man who broke into my house while I was overseas isn't dead, but my wife dismantled his left knee beyond repair with buckshot.
So, they also hobble serial rapists and place them in the hands of authorities.

>> No.42550462

>>42550427
I didn't know people look like concentric circles.

>> No.42550469

>>42550436
You can also use a screwdriver as an awl or a book as a writing surface, doesn't mean that's their purpose.

>> No.42550485

>>42548469
What's the source on this?

>> No.42550488

>>42550462

I've seen gun ranges. Literally every time I've seen them, they use human shaped targets.

>> No.42550490

>>42548469
>AKUR AKIR AKAM.webm

>> No.42550514

>>42548388
Literally why? The gun is prettier that way. Art and effort.

>> No.42550528

>>42550175
Dead predators. Dead rabid animals. Free food. etc.

>> No.42550552

>> No.42550554

>>42550528

So what you are saying is they are for... killing things.

Thanks for agreeing with me I guess?

>> No.42550567

>>42550552

>> No.42550572

>>42550485
record of the lodoss war

read the thread nigga

>> No.42550573

>>42550485
Record of Lodoss War

>> No.42550577

>>42550334
Well clearly the cow should have evolved thumbs and brains

>> No.42550597

>>42550485

D&D The Anime

>> No.42550599

>>42550554
Not that guy, but what precisely is wrong with that? There is sometimes a necessity for animals to die. Even if we lived in some sort of all-vegan society, we'd still need to kill vermin to protect our food.

>> No.42550604

>>42548997
This is why.

>> No.42550617

>>42550419
Really quickly, I should add on:

The number of households in America that own guns is somewhere around 30%. That's roughly 70 million gun owners. The annual rates of gun suicide and murder are around 26,000 and 15,000. That's a total of 41,000 out of 70,000,000. Also known as 00.005%

So we should know that these users are NOT emblematic of the general gun-owning populace. But the problem is, again: Guns are made to be great at killing things. So when someone goes bad with one, they do more harm.

So it is more than a little ridiculous to walk around afraid of being shot. But at the same time, to ignore the fact that basically no other country has our Mass Shooting problem, is irresponsible.

There's a place for all of us at the table.

Except the Jews.

>> No.42550629

>>42550572
I'd go for Nat 20 disguise on this one, since it worked but its not a good disguise.

>>42550573
Waiting_for_his_turn.webm

>> No.42550631

>>42550469
Until it's legal to booby trap my house or the cops start showing up faster than ambulances, I'll keep misusing my gun.

>> No.42550650

>>42550617
Frequency, sure. Mass shooting deaths per capita I think we're sixth, behind several countries with total gun bans.

>> No.42550664

>> No.42550670

>>42550650
>Mass shooting deaths per capita I think we're sixth, behind several countries with total gun bans.

Do you have a citation for that?

>> No.42550678

>> No.42550680

>>42550235

>kills a wild boar with the back of a toilet
>improved improvised weaponry

I love those whacky Ruskies

>> No.42550696

>> No.42550714

>>42550631

Is it actually illegal to booby-trap your house?

>> No.42550717

>>42550696

>> No.42550732

>>42550680
note the camera position, it's mounted on a car's dashboard. Their plan is "stun boar with junk, then run over it with car.

Pork for dinner."

>> No.42550739

>>42550717

>fortheloveofgodmeowntressor

>> No.42550740

>>42550696
GRR GRR GRR...

>> No.42550755

>> No.42550756

>>42550714
I remember hearing about a guy that shot a burglar in the legs with a booby trap using a shotgun. The guy that had laid the trap wasn't home, so was charged for aggravated assault or some shit, because his life wasn't in danger.

I can kind of see the justification, because booby traps could, potentially, kill emergency workers like firemen or EMTs.

>> No.42550761

>>42550650
Who are you behind tho? Uganda?

>> No.42550768

>>42550469
Technically speaking a book is a pre-filled writing surface.

>> No.42550780

>>42550714
>>42550631

Ignore that, forgot I have Google.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Katko_v._Briney

This just suggests that you can't implement lethal booby-traps.

I think with some creativity and blatant lying, one could effectively and legally booby-trap their house.

>> No.42550787

>>42550740

>> No.42550796

>>42550696
>>42550717

>> No.42550800

>>42550732

The people in the car had been following the boar for maybe 15 minutes as it went through that residential district. They had been trying to hit it, but once the Toilet Cover Brawler stunned it, they did indeed coup de grâce it with the vehicle .

Gather the family and dig a fire pit, I have wondrous news!

>> No.42550804

>> No.42550824

>>42550670
Had trouble remembering, but I was more accurate than shooting shit I read weeks ago usually turns out.
http://www.ijreview.com/2015/06/348197-obama-said-mass-shootings-dont-happen-in-advanced-countries-like-in-us-one-chart-proves-him-wrong/

>>42550761
Norway takes 1st.

>> No.42550825

>>42550175
Food and dead predatory animals.

>> No.42550834

>>42550780
>I think with some creativity and blatant lying, one could effectively and legally booby-trap their house.

>What? I like Legos and I'm bad about cleaning them up. It's not MY fault a burglar stepped on six bricks in quick succession, laid a seventh and then started crying in the fetal position.

>> No.42550855

>> No.42550877

>>42550573
Lookin' good!

>> No.42550882

>>42550650
>>42550670

He's probably using a number determined by the Independent Journal.

Which is...hard to discuss. They're taking from a defunct site, so we can't check them. Further, it's one of those things that could be argued to not be a "per capita" issue.

This is a hard area to think about, from a philosophical standpoint. We have the most mass shooting deaths, hands down. Measuring per capita, we don't have as much of a problem, but that has some troubling implications on the value of human life. Sure, Switzerland has a higher rate per capita: it has less people in it than Los Angeles. New York City is bigger than Switzerland. By arguing we're not as bad as Switzerland (where all subjects are required to serve in a militia for several years, meaning they're working with higher quality shooters) kind of implies that, since there's more Americans, we're individually worth less.

But this is part of the quagmire of talking about this: there's too many factors to really blame any specific thing.

>> No.42550909

>>42550855
Noice.

>> No.42550915

>>42550554
Yes, things. No one is disputing that is the basic function of guns. Killing *things*. They are not specifically for killing people.
Much like how cars are for transportation, not doing stunts, or racing, or running people over who pissed you off. And yet...

>> No.42550922

>>42550095

You don`t need tanks and fighter jets to overthrow a government, you just need to assassinate the people leading it, that can easily be done with rifles.

>> No.42550928

>>42550604
>edit to protect the normal.jpg

>> No.42550950

>>42550824
And suddenly the gun-grabbing tard goes very very quiet.

>> No.42550951

>>42550670
>>42550761
There isn't an actual definition for a mass shooting. The FBI defines mass murder as the murder of four or more people in a single event with no cooling off period between the murders.

>> No.42550955

>> No.42550961

>> No.42550979

>>42550095
Yes, no government fears 70 million people armed with rifles.

Which is why the U.S. gubbmint is buying up hollowpoints right and left for "target practice." Man, I wish I was joking.

>> No.42550990

>>42549616
>Because you know, both of those countries are civilized countries that don't allow their citizens to have guns.

>> No.42551030

>>42550572
I raise you...

>> No.42551037

>>42550979

Oh, you are one of those autists who think the government is coming for you.

Let me guess, aliens did 9/11, and the moonlanding was fake, right?

>> No.42551041

>>42549953
>Have you seen some of the mad man shit that goes down in China? Stabbings in Taiwan. People are fucking retarded and violent everywhere. Just the means are different.
I can't outrun a bullet.

>> No.42551042

>>42549639
YOU PC ROUND HERE BRUH? WEST CHESTER PC HERE.

>> No.42551061

>>42550882
Making it not a per-capita issue and pedantic philosophising is a great way to distract from the fact that an armed populace presents less vulnerability to madmen. Means, intent, opportunity. Controls on the means is spotty at best, there is no effective control of the intent, but opportunity is easily made smaller. Seriously for every one guy who actually gets somewhere in his mass shooting there's several more where someone with concealed carry took the psycho out quickly. Those stories don't get near the ratings for national news as the latest asinine thing some celebrity said, though. In Fox News doesn't push those even though they'd fit perfectly into their narrative.

>> No.42551069

>>42550979
>Yes, no government fears 70 million people armed with rifles.
>This is somehow true even if these people can trip on their own fat.
>You can totally stop a tank with enough AR-15s.

>> No.42551076

>>42549887
I live in Philadelphia. I do not fear for my life going out at night or by day. I am a skinny white guy. You really dont get out much do you? The entire world isn't out here to kill you.

Do you know that our murder rate across the country has been going down for the past decade? Despite the end on the assault rifle ban. Just cause the media plays up shootings that do happen, they are more and more rare, and America is getting safer every year.

>> No.42551090

>>42550095

>The government has tanks and jets, so your rifles don't mean shit

The Vietcong and ISIS are proof you are completely wrong.

>> No.42551097

>>42550604
So wait, he gets paid to get money actually stapled to him and shove a rod through his cheeks?

>> No.42551106

>> No.42551107

>>42550882
>Measuring per capita, we don't have as much of a problem, but that has some troubling implications on the value of human life.

It doesn't have any implications on the value of human life because comparing the USA to a single European nation is retarded. A comparison to the entire EU would work better but as far as I can tell no one's done that comparison.

>> No.42551125

>>42551097

He probably gets a boner from it as well.

It's never work if you're doing what you love.

>> No.42551140

>>42550329
If you think anyone ever invented a gun and didn't do so for the specific use of ending a human life, then your fucking retarded.

>> No.42551144

>>42551090
>Two organizations that didn't have the hammer dropped on them (and had access to more than rifles) because of wider geopolitical factors prove you are wrong.
Fuck, we were winning 'Nam until we got tired of seeing it on the news and left.

>> No.42551154

>> No.42551169

>>42550631
>He hasn't bobbytrapped his house.

>> No.42551177

>>42550233

>People can walk around with automatic rifles on their hips

Nope, autofire is illegal for citizens to own. Hell, even burst fire is illegal to own. One trigger pull, one projectile load, anything else is utterly illegal. Even double barrel shotguns either have two trigger pulls, a double trigger, or a multi-stage trigger.

>> No.42551201

>>42551090
Both of those groups survive only by hiding among civilian targets. They exist not because they are a threat to a modern military but rather because a modern military outclasses them so completely that to wage total war on them would sicken the winning faction.

For an example, in the event that ISIS's claimed land is recognized as a sovereign nation under their control, the rest of the world will no longer have legal computations against carpet-bombing industrial centers. They would not survive a week.

>> No.42551214

>>42551140
Fowling guns are a thing.
As are those weird contraptions they use at the Olympics.

>> No.42551218

>>42551030
Now that's gonna be some nasty windburn.

>> No.42551220

>>42551106
For everyone who got aroused at that I want you to know that is a boy.

>> No.42551232

>>42550950
>Can't tell if gun-grabbing means grabbing to take away or grabbing to own

>> No.42551242

>>42551220
This does nothing to lessen my arousal.

>> No.42551253

>>42550979
For fucks sake, the US government didn't buy millions of rounds of hollow points. Procurement contracts work like this: the government and its suppliers make an agreement that the government can purchase up to a certain number of rounds over a specific time period for a set price. So when the government signs a procurement contract stating they can buy up to 100 million rounds of ammunition for 12 cents a round over the course of the next five years, it doesn't mean they're purchasing 100 million rounds. It means that for the next five years they only pay 12 cents a round as long as they don't exceed 100 millions purchased.

>>42551061
Your assumption is faulty as the narrative doesn't allow for a refutation. It's a "have you stopped beating your wife" situation. Good guys with guns can't stop a mass murder because if they stop the person before they reach the threshold for mass murder then a mass murder hasn't taken place and therefore wasn't stopped by a good guy with a gun. Likewise if the threshold for mass murder has been reached before they're stopped then a mass murder has taken place and a good guy with a gun didn't stop it.

>> No.42551254

>>42551154

But Naoto canonically has the largest tits of the p4 team.

>> No.42551256

>>42551214

You've lost me, anon.

>> No.42551259

>>42551242
Ok bard.

>> No.42551262

>>42551140
>varmit rifles and elephant guns are so named because they're made to shoot, uh, people
Righto, I'll just go grab my dinky-ass little .22 short that is literally incapable of inflicting lethal harm and throw it away, since clearly it's a tool of wanton baby murder, as opposed to wanton squirrel murder, which is a just and noble calling.

>> No.42551277

>>42551042
BRO! SOUTH CAROLINA PC, BRO! JUST TEACHIN THIS SCUMBAG TO WATCH HER GENDER STEREOTYPING!

>> No.42551311

>>42551262
>that is literally incapable of inflicting lethal harm
Maybe in your hands.

>> No.42551318

>>42551140
Hunting shotguns
Puntguns
Olympic competition firearms
Varmint rifles
Rifle caliber pist- you know what, fuckit. Its just easier to call you a retard

>> No.42551328

>>42551256
Fowling guns are designed with fowling(hunting birds) as the goal, not as weapons for ending human life. The firearms utilized in Olympic events such as biathlon are not designed to kill humans, but for lightweight, stability and accuracy.

>> No.42551331

>>42551201
Carpet bombing industrial centers is only fun when its not your industrial centers you're carpet bombing.

>> No.42551351

>>42548174
I always liked Shizuka as a kid. As an adult rewatching this show, I felt like a jackass for not noticing Aisha.

>> No.42551354

>>42551328

Oh, yeah.

I thought you were referring to the double-barrel comment.

Shit, I'm dumb.

>> No.42551357

>>42550755
Source?

>> No.42551377

>>42551076
Same thing with "the war on police." Lowest number of police injuries in years, but media has spun it so there's a war.

>>42551140
Nail guns. Can't tell if troll or not. This is why grammar is important.

>> No.42551391

>>42551377
Fuck I hate our media. Absolutely worthless panic-doctors.

>> No.42551405

>>42551107
It would be better, but the variance in gun laws is greater in the EU than in US states.

But your first point is moderately what I was alluding to: the sheer difference in scale between us an a single European nation makes per capita measures kind of stupid, since it will naturally value the European's responses higher.

>>42551061
Man, in that case, it's a good thing that, if you use per capita, well-armed and trained nations like Switzerland are ranked lower than the US...
oh, wait, they aren't.

In fact, they're one of the few ranked higher.

Teh FBI report that there were 160 mass shootings between 2000, and 2013.

Of those, 5 were ended by an armed civilian.

Not, as you suggest, 200,300+. 5.

Armed populaces don't make us less likely to be shot to death. More guns means more gun deaths. Period.

>> No.42551440

>>42549715
I was only pretending to be retarded

>> No.42551455

>>42551311
No, literally. As in if you firing it straight into your eyeball, it wouldn't reach the brain. .22 short is outperformed by middle-grade airguns.

>> No.42551461

>> No.42551478

>>42551357
Rokka no Yuusha. Its a fairly fun whodunnit

>> No.42551485

>>42551377
I think you mean semantics? His grammar is fine, but yes, he should have used "firearm" in place of gun. Firearms are built to kill things. Guns are built to project something via pressure.

>> No.42551486

>> No.42551488

>>42551405
The question is- does it mean more violent deaths in total?

I'm really not convinced that anyone willing to gun down large numbers of civilians wouldn't just go a-murderin' some other way.

And frankly I'm far less concerned with that than I am with with my chances of vehicular death.

I mean, there are tens of thousands of deaths on the road per year- 32,000~ 2013, for example. Over 2000 people die per month. More Americans died on American roads in a year than died in both Afghanistan and Iraq during the entirety of both conflicts.

>> No.42551493

>>42551357
Rokka: Braves of the Six Flowers

Supposed to be one of the best anime of this season.
Can we fucking stop the gun discussion?

>> No.42551499

>>42551377
The biggest killer of police has always been traffic accidents.

Fun fact: Driving a taxi cab is more dangerous than being a firefighter. Most firefighters who die during a blaze die of heart attacks, not fire-related injuries.

>> No.42551506

>> No.42551522

>>42551488
>I'm really not convinced that anyone willing to gun down large numbers of civilians wouldn't just go a-murderin' some other way.
I can run from a guy who has a chainsaw.

>> No.42551526

>> No.42551539

>>42551405
>It would be better, but the variance in gun laws is greater in the EU than in US states.

Compare gun laws in Alabama and Hawaii and come back to me.

Also the FBI doesn't have a definition of mass shooting.

>> No.42551548

>> No.42551551

>>42551331
That's exactly my point. ISIS keeps saying "Fuck off, we run this land" and so far everyone's brushed their claim off completely. The world doesn't consider anything to be ISIS territory, they consider it Iraqi territory under ISIS control. Since ISIS doesn't really own anything, any destroyed infrastructure is damage to a third party, and of course that's not fair anymore than a police car chase taking a shortcut through your living room would be.

But, if a nation actually recognized that claim as legitimate, well, now infrastructure damage is an attack on the enemy's assets. That's a perfectly valid target.

>> No.42551585

>> No.42551609

>> No.42551616

>>42550955
what is this from?

>> No.42551645

>>42551551

>Recognizing land claims.

While I know it will never happen.

What does that mean when it comes to ending ISIS as a state? Who gets the land?

The previous owner or the nation with the most troops there? Or something wierder, perhaps? A Kurdish state?

>> No.42551658

>>42551616
Symphogear, I believe.

>> No.42551665

>>42551522
Not through a crowd. Or a train. Or through movie theatre seating.
And assuming that you're not tired, drunk, unaware, or burdened by bags or backpacks, and you wear running shoes everywhere. And he isn't just faster than you.
Mobility is easily limited. Sure, a nut with an axe isn't horrifying dangerous when he's in front of you in an open field. All that means is that he won't go after the people in the field.

Neither are guns utterly inescapable. Cover exists, and a handgun in the hands of the average, unpracticed person has an effective range of thirty feet.

>> No.42551666

>>42551551
Recognizing the claim as legit doesn't change anything as the infrastructure was captured from Iraq and would be reclaimed by Iraq.

>> No.42551685

>>42551488
We literally cover this earlier in the thread.

Guns are the most efficient murder weapon. A dude in China stabbed 28 fucking people, 20 of them kids, and failed to kill ANY of them.

Am I particularly concerned about my odds of being shot to death? No. I'm actually more concerned about the odds of me dying in a gun-related accident. But even that's a one-in-500,000-chance. But I do think we should have stricter laws. Because we still have too many deaths each year. Every year, my hometown's worth of Americans die from gun Murders. My college town dies in Gun Suicides, every year.

>>42551539
Maybe you ought to use some fucking Google before you open your goddamn mouth, since they did a published study on mass shootings, oh, I'm sorry "active shooters", referring to " violent acts and shootings conducted in a place of public use". Yeah, sure doesn't match what the term Mass Shooting embodies.
https://www.fbi.gov/news/stories/2014/september/fbi-releases-study-on-active-shooter-incidents/pdfs/a-study-of-active-shooter-incidents-in-the-u.s.-between-2000-and-2013

And again, one EU nation literally HANDS MOST OF ITS MALE CITIZENS GUNS while others ban them completely. Why don't you learn some European laws, and get your ass back to ME?

>> No.42551695

>>42551616
Hypetrain: The Series

Symphogear

>> No.42551745

>>42543579
>tfw Otto is my real name

>> No.42551754

>>42551665
>And assuming that you're not tired
I'd wake the fuck up, adrenaline is a thing.
>drunk
I don't trust myself drunk.
>or burdened by bags or backpacks,
I will leave those on the ground.
>and you wear running shoes everywhere
I do.
>And he isn't just faster than you.
Not while carrying a chainsaw he isn't.

> Cover exists,
So do bullets made specifically for this purpose.
>and a handgun
Doesn't have to be a handgun.
>unpracticed person
It isn't that hard to go to a range.

>> No.42551759

>>42551666
By definition if Iraq has a valid claim to assets and infrastructure in the territory it cannot be recognized as any other nation's land. That's the among the greatest factors in determining the worth of such claims, alongside the national identity professed by those living in the area.

And that is, of course, why ISIS's claim will never be recognized. For it to even be considered for valid Iraq would need to cease to exist as a conceptual entity and void all standing claim to the region, which is beyond impossible. Even if you wiped the nation off the face of the earth down to the very last man, the perceived distinction between Iraq and ISIS would remain.

>> No.42551804

>>42551488
Canada, Norway, Switzerland, etc. Let's not even get into Finland.

All places with "lax" gun control laws. Anyone can get a gun so long as they get the proper permits and show evidence of not being crazy/a criminal.

Where America goes wrong is that they let even crazy people have guns. Like, seriously, in Canada they call your friends, your most recent ex, and check your medical record to make sure you aren't a schizophrenic depressive off his meds whose girlfriend just left him.

FFS. The problem isn't the guns, it's the societies.

>> No.42551818

>>42551804
>FFS. The problem isn't the guns, it's the societies.
How many mass shootings has Japan had recently?

>> No.42551904

>>42551818
How many mass shooting has Canada had? Norway? Switzerland? etc.

But correlation =/= causation. Japan has a society that doesn't encourage mass shootings, instead it encourages suicide. Their last mass-murder was in 2008, though, I do believe.

Like I said, the problem isn't guns, it's Americas culture especially regarding treatment of people with mental health issues.

Your argument is stupid and misleading.

>> No.42551954

>>42551685
>I'm actually more concerned about the odds of me dying in a gun-related accident.

Five hundred and five deaths by accidental discharge, half of which were self-inflicted. You're three times more likely to be killed by police.

The report you linked defined active shooter as “an individual actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a confined and
populated area.” Mass shooting doesn't have a law enforcement definition, only mass murder.

And Switzerland doesn't hand out guns to its male citizens, it allows them to store their guns at home during their term of service in the militia with the option of purchasing the rifle once their conscription ends. It's also not a member of the EU.

>> No.42551968

>>42551904
Ok, put a rampage killer in Japan.

How easily do you think they could pull off a mass shooting?

>> No.42551990

>>42551804
>>42551904
The federal background checks required to purchase a firearm in America cover both mental health and criminal records.

>> No.42552008

>42551685
>Because we still have too many deaths each year. Every year, my hometown's worth of Americans die from gun Murders. My college town dies in Gun Suicides, every year.
And you know something?

That doesn't fucking matter, because it's a town's worth of deaths spread over most of a goddamn continent. The suicides are completely negligible as a statistic because gun availability is correlated only with gun suicides, not with TOTAL suicide. If a firearm is available, a suicidal person will use it. If one isn't, they'll use something else, potentially something even harder to recover from like poison.

People kill people. This is an unavoidable fact of life. Murder rate will never reach zero and attempting to do so is insane. It can be reduced, yes, but to establish "0 deaths" as the goal only makes success impossible and process more difficult to measure in proportion. If you want to end murder, stop reaching for the tools and start reaching for the toxic culture that motivates it.
Banning guns outright to control crime is like banning swearing to abolish disrespect; there are other means to the same end, all you've changed is the flavor.

>> No.42552056

>>42552008
>The suicides are completely negligible as a statistic because gun availability is correlated only with gun suicides, not with TOTAL suicide. If a firearm is available, a suicidal person will use it. If one isn't, they'll use something else,
Yeah this is bullshit.

I know I am suicidal.

>> No.42552081

>>42552056
And im a pregnant mexican woman.
and this is the internet.

>> No.42552086

>>42552008
>>42551685
Fucked up the link, sorry.

In regards to suicide, I'm of the opinion that every living person has the fundamental right to control over their own life, including its end. The claim that it should be prevented to protect their family and friends from anguish is completely hypocritical; why is the suffering of the "victim" worth nothing, but the suffering of their family is grounds to prolong the pain of another? Does one not have the right to be selfish regarding the treatment of their fundamental Self? To smash up a classic Cadillac with a bat would put most of my family into fits of rage, but is that grounds to void my ownership of it?

The only part of suicide which is objectionable is the problem of impulse, which can be adressed by creating a framework in which the suicidal person might make their intentions known (without the fear of immediate restraint that prompts them now into hiding their situation) and receive professional and objective counselling intended to establish an accurate assessment of the worth of their life and what their options are. If, after such self-examination, one determines that they would prefer to die, then I believe that they have every right to do so.

>> No.42552108

>>42552081
>Like hell there would be a depressed person on 4chan

>> No.42552125

>>42551990
How many people that are crazy do you think actually go to the doctor for their crazy? The answer is basically zero, unless their families force them, or they realize they have a problem, and that doesn't happen as often as people would have you believe. Those other countries check on your current mental health by talking to the people that know you best.

As far as criminal records go, it only covers official records, and doesn't cover things that have been thrown out or are past statute of limitations.

>> No.42552127

>>42552081
Have you considered abortion?

>> No.42552146

>>42552125
>The answer is basically zero, unless their families force them, or they realize they have a problem,
>Its zero except when it isn't.

>> No.42552162

>>42552056
And? Are you saying that the only thing stopping you from taking your own life is not having a gun handy? Because if so, news flash: you're not fucking suicidal. You know what a suicidal person does if there isn't a gun handle? Grab a rope, or a knife, or a jug of bleach, or the roof acess keys to a high building. Being suicidal and having the impulse to commit suicide when an opportunity arises are not the same thing.

>> No.42552174

>>42550855
>all of those phallic shapes
I'm not entering your magical realm!

>> No.42552191

>>42552162
I want to kill myself not cripple myself.

I also want my organs to be viable for someone to use.

Guns make it a hell of a lot more tempting.

>> No.42552211

>>42552086
>creating a framework in which the suicidal person might make their intentions known (without the fear of immediate restraint that prompts them now into hiding their situation) and receive professional and objective counselling intended to establish an accurate assessment of the worth of their life

That's retarded. Beyond the fact that something like 90% of all suicides either were diagnosed or showed signs of a mental illness which hampers if not completely negates their ability to make an objective and rational decision regarding taking their own life, you're essentially trying to create an objective and universal value system for scoring human life.

>> No.42552218

>>42552081
Tits or gtfo.

>> No.42552255

>>42552191
break the neck with a noose, knife down the form arm or into the major arteries in leg or neck, owning a motorcycle..... Now i dont recommend these, but they disprove your point.

>>42552218
good man.

>> No.42552289

>>42552125
How would your family members know you're crazy if you're hiding your mental illness well enough for it not to be noticeable to wider society? And why would anyone think that an ex-lover is anything remotely resembling an objective source of information?

And for criminal records if the case has been thrown out or the statute of limitations have expired they you're legally off the hook anyways.

>> No.42552307

>>42552255
>break the neck with a noose,
The ceiling could give out.
> knife down the form arm or into the major arteries in leg or neck
Rather do it quicker.
>owning a motorcycle
I don't.

I probably will off myself and when I do it will probably be with a gun.

>> No.42552315

>>42552191
Asphyxiation has the exact same mortality rate as suicide by firearm and less chance of causing horrific but survivable injuries, assuming you're choking yourself somewhere where no one will barge in and stop you.

>> No.42552329

>>42547263

... Is it bad that I understand this?

>> No.42552372

>>42552315
.44 to the head at point blank range out to do it.

Debating doing it in a hospital bathroom so they can collect my organs quicker.

>> No.42552386

>>42551037
No, I just think that the reason you buy hollowpoint bullets is because you expect to be shooting a lot of unarmored targets.

The government isn't coming for anybody. They're stocking up in case anybody comes for THEM.

>> No.42552393

>>42550423

>> No.42552408

>>42552372
Unless it doesn't and you wind up lobotomizing yourself. Also doing it in a hospital bathroom would risk hurting other people due to over-penetration. My suggestion is to seek counseling for your suicidal thoughts.

>> No.42552409

>>42552386
>They're stocking up in case anybody comes for THEM.
If I was the government, worried about people coming for me, I'd stock up on tank and predator drones.

>> No.42552437

>>42552408
What if I point it at the top of my skull and shoot down?

>My suggestion is to seek counseling for your suicidal thoughts.
I have, and you know the people who say they got better in counseling? They are lying so you don't worry.

>> No.42552474

>>42551253

>For fucks sake, the US government didn't buy millions of rounds of hollow points.

http://www.denverpost.com/nationworld/ci_22594279/homeland-security-aims-buy-1-6-billion-rounds

No, it's buying 1.6 billion. My mistake. I'm sure law enforcement really needs 1.6 billion hollowpoint rounds to, uh, keep the peace though.

But really, I take that as a good thing. Governments should be afraid of their people, and from actions like this we can see the U.S> is shitting its pants.

>> No.42552493

>>42552437
Probably one of the worst options as it reduces the amount of brain matter in the path of the bullet.

And plenty of people have gotten better in counseling, just not you. But that doesn't mean it's not possible, just that you need a new counselor or more than counseling itself.

>> No.42552501

>>42552474
>Governments should be afraid of their people, and from actions like this we can see the U.S> is shitting its pants.
MOTHERFUCKING KILLER ROBOTS FLYING THROUGH THE SKY FILLED WITH ENOUGH HIGH EXPLOSIVES TO MOVE A FUCKING MOUNTAIN!!!

>> No.42552540

>>42551041

You should work out more then.

>> No.42552547

>>42552493
So your saying I should use two guns?

>> No.42552559

>>42552474
At this point, anyone who tries to overthrow a first world government by means of militia is bringing guns to a drone fight.

>> No.42552564

>>42552540

>> No.42552600

>>42551754
>I'd wake the fuck up, adrenaline is a thing.
Assuming he gives you the chance. Speed is a thing.

>I don't trust myself drunk.
So then you don't get drunk and he murders some other drunk guy. It's a death either way.

>I will leave those on the ground.
You're assuming the time it takes you to recognize a legit threat (and not a prank), drop the shit, and run is less than the time it takes for him to close the distance and kill you. Not a safe assumption. Especially if you're tired.

>I do.
Even to a wedding? Or do you just not have any friends that invite you to functions where dress shoes are a thing?

>Not while carrying a chainsaw he isn't.
People can surprise you, anon.

>So do bullets made specifically for this purpose.
Except for a handgun or a rifle, most bullets won't be able to piece much in the way of concrete, steel, or rock, all of which you can find in abundance. Not to mention that just him losing sight of you behind a wall makes his accuracy much worse.

>Doesn't have to be a handgun.
Well, he probably didn't walk into the middle of fucking public carrying a fucking rifle on his shoulder.

>It isn't that hard to go to a range.
Just like going to a gym doesn't make you bodybuilder, going to a range doesn't make you a sharpshooter. Unless he's close enough that he could have rushed up to you and ended you with a melee weapon anyways, chances are he'll miss.

>> No.42552613

>>42549630
not a gif

>> No.42552677

>>42552474
>Federal solicitations to buy the ammo are known as "strategic sourcing contracts," which help the government get a low price for a big purchase, says Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga.
>The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.

Department of Homeland Security contains ten armed organizations. To put things into perspective, the FBI needs a little more than 800,000 rounds per year for every special agent to attempt a single firearms qualification.

>> No.42552704

>>42552600
>So then you don't get drunk and he murders some other drunk guy. It's a death either way.
Well fuck that guy.
>Or do you just not have any friends that invite you to functions where dress shoes are a thing?
Where do you think you are?
>Just like going to a gym doesn't make you bodybuilder, going to a range doesn't make you a sharpshooter.
He doesn't need to hit me from 300 meters.

>> No.42552714 [SPOILER] 

>>42552307
>I probably will off myself and when I do it will probably be with a gun.

Have fun looking like this guy. You'll go through life never being given the chance to attempt suicide again AND you'll look like that.

On the plus side, you'll have a hell of a Cthulu costume come Halloween.

>> No.42552740

>>42552600
Are you seriously arguing that a gun isn't a more dangerous weapon than a melee weapon?

>> No.42552747

>>42552409
Shit is extensive to maintain, can break down easily, and most importantly can be captured and used against you.

Hollowpoints are shit against armored targets, which is basically all of the U.S. military. It's much more economical to stock up on mass civilian-killing ammo than to spend even more on shit that can be used against you.

>> No.42552760

>>42552747
>Shit is extensive to maintain,
>The government gives a shit.

>> No.42552771

>>42552559
Up until they start capturing drones. And assuming that your guys controlling the drones are completely fine with killing crowds of their own countrymen.

>> No.42552789

>>42552771
How quickly did civilians turn on each other in Nazi Germany.

>Defying orders.

>> No.42552837

>>42552714
So I need to have the most extreme suicide ever, light myself on fire, jump off a building and shot myself all the way down?

>> No.42552850

>>42552704
>He doesn't need to hit me from 300 meters.

He doesn't have a good chance of hitting you from 10 meters.

>>42552740
In the hands of a soldier or policeman who have marksman training as part of their careers? Absolutely. In the hands of Joe Schulb who goes to the range once a week? If he's not close enough to knife me to death anyways, chances are he'll miss enough of his first few shots that I can get to safety.

There's a reason rampages happen in places like classrooms and theaters: they're closed spaces with little room to maneuver.

>> No.42552873

>>42552837
For bonus points, attach an airplane message banner to your back that says "EAT AT JOES"

>> No.42552891

>>42552714
>Not naming it 1 hit point left.

>> No.42552895

Anyone who suicides by gun is dumb. Waaaay too much risk of crippling. As does- well, a whole bunch of other methods.

After a significant amount of soul searching and thought (been depressed since childhood- genetic thing, blows ass but I'm on pills now and feeling better) I decided that if I decide to kill myself, I'm going to drive out to the coast 20 minutes away, after ordering takeout from a restaurant I like, near the evening Then I'll set up a little table and chair on the cliffs overlooking the sea, out of sight of the road. I'll drink a few glasses of wine to dull me, eat a lovely meal, and then I'll cut my wrists open with my gladius. Or disembowel myself if I feel up to it.

The suggestions I have for suicide plans once you've decided you want to die-
1: Wait a month. Death can't be taken back. You die, you're gone. Game over. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. If you still wish for death, go to 2.
2. Plan it out. Spontaneity leads to mistakes, which cause failure or crippling.
3. Be considerate. Death hurts people other than yourself- reduce the damage as much as you can, be it by ensuring that it'll be easy to clean up after you to making sure you're caught up on childcare. Fuck anyone you hate though.
4. Ensure that your plan has opportunities to back out in it. You may decide life is worth it- and realizing that just as you spill your entrails out is a very bad. This is the most final decision you can make- ensure you are 100% behind it

>> No.42552896

>>42552850
I hate to break it to you, but Joe Schulb who goes to the range once a week gets far more range time in than most cops or soldiers.

>> No.42552916

>>42552895
>Death can't be taken back. You die, you're gone. Game over. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars.
My biggest fear is reincarnation.

>> No.42552933

>>42552896
>Joe Schulb who goes to the range once a week gets far more range time in than most cops or soldiers.
>gets far more range time in than most soldiers.

>> No.42552942

>>42552895
>>42552895
.
5. Make your death satisfying. This is literally the last thing you'll ever do- make sure it has meaning to you. Do that thing you always wished to but were afraid of- don't worry much about breaking laws, though don't do anything obvious- first off, hurting people is a no-no. Second, it's real awkward to get arrest right before you kill yourself. Prison is very limiting in options. Personally, I suggest something that'll relax you and feel nice. Go fuck 10 hookers, enjoy a meal in front of a beautiful vista, whatever. Alcohol is a decent idea as long as you don't depend on being careful- dulls the pain.
6. Die as you want. I wish to die by the sword- because it appeals to me viscerally. I'm also somewhat interested in interesting experiences- being disemboweled seems like one of them. It's a horrifyingly painful experience that is very hard to feel and live- but if I'm dying, why not? It'd be interesting to feel that much pain and touch my insides. Hell, if I could, I'd stumble over to the cliff and jump off too just for kicks. But I'm a weird sensation-addict. Most folks will prefer something more poetic or the like. Or explosive. Either way, go out in a way you'd like.
7. Remember not to leave your loved ones hanging. Can't emphasize this enough. You're already selfishly hurting them because life hurts too much- don't make it any worse than it has to be. Don't, for the love of the gods, kill yourself in your bathtub if you live with your parents, that's fucking awful. Don't hang yourself in your friend's room. Don't leave your dog tied to a chain the backyard with no caretaker. Leave with as few bloody strings as you can.

>> No.42552959

>>42552873
>Not "your waifu a SHIIIIIIT!"

>> No.42552984

>>42552942
8. Do this only if you have thought long and hard and decided life is just too shit. This should never be a rash decision- that's for teens and idiots. Life has so much to offer, but it can offer a lot of pain. If there's anything you can manage do- even just walking away, it's often better than death. I only consider it because my brain is hardwired to be miserable, and I'll never escape that. Don't throw away something beautiful unless it's salvageable.

>>42552916
Hey, that's not the worst thing. Chances are your next life is gonna lack the thing that makes the last so awful. Might have new awful things, but who knows.

>> No.42552995

>>42552984
>Chances are your next life is gonna lack the thing that makes the last so awful.
Being me?

>> No.42552997

>>42552984
*unsalvageable.
Damn it.

>> No.42553020

>>42552995
No worries, most reincarnation faiths have a loss of memory as part of the package deal, and chances are the "you" that grows up a chinese factory laborer girl will be radically different than the you of today. Maybe you'll flourish! Maybe you won't. Either way, it'll be far different.

Or maybe you'll hit it big and grow up a rich as fuck kid in a nice country to lovely parents. Who knows?

>> No.42553021

>>42552771
Good luck getting past the tanks.

>> No.42553035

>>42553020
>Or maybe you'll hit it big and grow up a rich as fuck kid in a nice country to lovely parents. Who knows?
I'd rather be a bear, just hibernating and not giving a fuck.

>> No.42553041

>>42553021
>mfw tanks are piloted by my cousin, he convinces them to defect.
What's that, civil war in a country with a well funded open volunteer military doesn't have the same principles as third world countries a disaster away from dictatorship at the best?

>> No.42553051

>>42552933
Most soldiers aren't infantry, and regulations only stipulate units get range time quarterly and qualify annually. Everything else is dependent on budget and time. You also only need to get 23 out of 40 to pass basic marksmanship.

>> No.42553063

>>42553035
See? Who knows. Maybe you'll be a swanking bonobo, just spend all your time fucking.

Or maybe the Romans were right, and when we die we go to a world identical to this one, but free of the stresses of life.

... get buried with some money just in case.

>> No.42553074

>>42553041
And it's not like the tanks have done much to win the wars over in the third world countries, either.

Then of course you have to deal with supply and logistics while dealing with an enemy who not only knows the terrain better than you, but is also blending into the local populace.

>> No.42553076

>>42553051
>Most soldiers aren't infantry,
We aren't fighting a traditional war. Foes in civilian clothing can pop up without regards to front lines. If I was a truck driver in the military I'd still practice.

>> No.42553094

>>42553076
And you'd probably get the minimum quarterly range time.

>> No.42553106

>>42553074
>an enemy who not only knows the terrain better than you
What is an obese populating?
What is satellite imaging?
How about that our military bases are positioned for this specifically.

If the shit hits the fan and the government wants you dead it won't even get to the military who would execute you like an ant. The NSA would pick up on your homegrown terrorism and SWAT would kill you, probably before you even see them.

>> No.42553127

>>42553106
Our government can barely agree to continue running. I deeply doubt they could manage a civil war.

>> No.42553134

Man there's a lotta gun talk in this filename thread.

>> No.42553142

>>42553106
>What is an obese populating?
Something that applies to our soldiery, too. Seriously, take a loot at how many fatties you see in uniform. It's pretty well in line with the rest of the population.

>What is satellite imaging?
Have fun with that in a forest.

>How about that our military bases are positioned for this specifically.
Positioned for knowing the terrain? You're kinda losing coherence, here.

>If the shit hits the fan and the government wants you dead it won't even get to the military who would execute you like an ant. The NSA would pick up on your homegrown terrorism and SWAT would kill you, probably before you even see them.

If the government well and truly gets millions of people to take their guns and say "Ok, FUCK YOU", it's going to be a bit beyond NSA and SWAT, bud.

>> No.42553152

>>42553134
We're deep in autosage and have 4 images left. Make 'em count.

>> No.42553165

>>42553127
>What is martial law.
>>42553142
>Positioned for knowing the terrain?
No for putting down traitors.
>If the government well and truly gets millions of people to take their guns and say "Ok, FUCK YOU"
Never going to happen and even if it did you could still be crushed, not that you would ever get the chance to organize.

>> No.42553170

>>42553106
Modern insurgencies aren't going to look like Red Dawn. Imagine if Iraq and Afghanistan except on a massive scale with an enemy that can directly attack your logistics and supply structure and when you use a missile strike you're the one who has to pay for rebuilding the shit you blew up.

>> No.42553181

>>42553170
>you're the one who has to pay for rebuilding the shit you blew up.
Unemployment is fixed.

>> No.42553196

>>42553170
>Imagine if Iraq and Afghanistan except on a massive scale with an enemy that can directly attack your logistics and supply structure
This is less realistic than the "Elf slave, wat do?" threads.

>> No.42553215

>>42553165
Who exactly will lead this martial law? Our entire country is torn between two mega-parties that hate each other, and cooperate internally solely because of that. If Obama tried it, he'd be impeached. If the Republicans tried it, the democrats would raise hell. Neither group would manage it without public support as an excuse. And either way the military would likely fragment along political lines if not geographic.

>> No.42553228

>>42553215
>And either way the military would likely fragment

>> No.42553250

>>42553215
>impeached
>Martial law.
Pick one.

>> No.42553251

>>42553196
Iraq is roughly the size of California; Afghanistan is slightly smaller than Texas. There are 48 other states.

And do you think that military bases work like Command and Conquer? Most military bases in the USA are sprawling compounds full of housing and surrounded by fencing, entirely dependent on civilian suppliers.

>> No.42553308

>>42553228
I'm sorry, but neither the government nor the military is a monolithic, malevolent entity. They're great masses of people capable of startling disagreement internally and externally, and of shockingly variable competence. They're not out to get you, and if they were it's likely you could fool them just by claiming they already got you and hoping they'll misplace a file.

>>42553250
Obama is more likely to get beaten to death in a melee on the senate floor than successfully manage martial law. The president has far less power than you seem to think. See the law 8 years in which he barely managed to get shit done due to being bogged down.

Hell, any revolution, at this point, is likely to have at least half the government defect if it gains any momentum at all, just out of contrariness.

Y'all drastically overestimate the competence and general ability to work together in our country. A woman was recently publicly lauded for breaking the law by major political figures for fucks sake.

>> No.42553310

>>42553251
Have you ever met the military police?

>entirely dependent on civilian suppliers.
They start sending armed escorts with them, check mate.

P.S. You fucking delusional if you think you stand a chance against the military, and your also delusional if you think you ever would.

>> No.42553333

>>42553251
Not to mention- there are about a million US soldiers in the army right now- and a significantly smaller percentage are fighting soldiers, and many are overseas. We couldn't occupy ourselves if we wanted to.

>> No.42553435

>>42551069
>You can totally stop a tank with enough AR-15s.
Ehm. That's not the point.

tl;dr: Arming IRS with tanks is unsustainable. Fighting government officials, gangsters and police is enough to stop/overthrow government.

>> No.42553480

>>42553310
Do you even realize how many civilians are veterans of the armed forces? The same soldiers you're wanking off to?

Mass insurrection would be a nightmare for the U.S. government.

>> No.42553785

>>42547696

Checked out Games Workshop's new website lately? That cost them 4.1 million POUNDS.

>> No.42554280

>>42551254
>largest tits of the p4 team
>easily able to convince everyone she's a boy
This gets me every time.

>> No.42554309

>>42554280
canonically she's flat as a board, or was, the fan joke was that she had Great. Tracts. Of. Land. and that may have become canon.

>> No.42554402

>>42550235
The fact that it's filmed with a dashcam just makes it so much better

>> No.42554838

>>42551220
Why is some one attacking the feminine boy?

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action