Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 45 KB, 265x370, resoluteblademaster.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42421402 No.42421402 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

This is "flavor text" in Magic 2015.

This is the future you chose.

>> No.42421431

>>42421402

Nothin personnel...kid...

>> No.42421432

I miss the flavour text from real life stuff that they used to have, like quotes from Shakespeare and 20,000 leagues under the sea

>> No.42421475

OP, sounds like you have a fatal case of being-in-the-way-of-a-millennia-old-vampire.

>> No.42421542

>>42421432

Kind of immersion-breaking, though.

>> No.42421561

>>42421542

Nonsense. The real world is just another plane.

>> No.42421780
File: 45 KB, 312x445, 108.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42421780

>>42421431
This is "flavor text" in Magic 1993.

This is the future you chose.

>> No.42421814

>>42421402

... I fail to see the issue.

>> No.42421838

>>42421402
No problem with this. When you play a card game designed for 14-year-old boys, you get flavortext designed for 14-year-old boys.

>> No.42421973

>>42421780
Bonus points for pointing out it is a dominaria grizzly, just to make it sound special

>> No.42422046

>>42421402
You cannot possibly be genuinely upset by this.

If you think it's anywhere close to being as bad as the flavor text in Innistrad, you must have a brain clot.

>> No.42422238
File: 37 KB, 210x297, gorilla-titan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42422238

I think one wacky flavor text for every fifty or so serious-if-bland ones is a good ratio. Makes them stand out more.

Although there is also room for lots of amazing stuff like Jaya Ballard's quotes.

>> No.42422290

>>42422238

Im okay with this as only morons play green decks

regards, all black deck intellectual master race

>> No.42422388
File: 60 KB, 312x445, 135.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42422388

>>42422290
>Bragging about picking a color
Good job. Quite an accomplishment.

>> No.42422390
File: 40 KB, 312x445, reparations.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42422390

They did use to have more fun with flavour text

>> No.42422437
File: 123 KB, 640x640, JowQAhW (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42422437

>>42421542
As opposed to what exactly?

>> No.42422498

>>42422290
I tip my fedora to you my fellow black magic master race.

>> No.42422605

>>42422437
when does his ban end?

>> No.42422773

>>42422605
Storytime, please.

>> No.42422810

>>42422773
>dude goes to mtg tournament
>has someone take photos of him looking grave standing or crouching beside large, slovenly magic players with exposed asscracks
>posts collection online, said people get understandably upset (though probably not enough to buy belts)
>in a damage control effort the guy in the photos is banned from going to official magic events
I think it expired 2 years later? Or maybe it's still up, I don't remember.

>> No.42422821

>>42422773
From what I know, that planeswalker dedicated his magic to taking pictures of people with plumbers crack every single time he noticed it at big tournaments as a way to protest plumber's crack. He got banned for it, probably because it fits under sexual harassment.

>> No.42422909
File: 198 KB, 640x400, 1345955393019.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42422909

>>42422821
>>42422810
Why not just ask these people to pull up their pants while seated?

>> No.42422933

>>42422810
>>42422821
Oh man, that is perfect. Serves you degenerates right. Magic has the worst community.

>> No.42422950

>>42422909
Ask a man to pull up his pants, and he might do so for a day. Publicly humiliate a man on the internet, and he will begin wearing a belt.

>> No.42423172

>>42421402
But anon that's in Battle for Zendikar not Magic 2015

>> No.42423222

>>42422046
>especially Avacyn's Collar, the symbol of her church.

>> No.42423251

>>42421402
Jesus its like one of those quotes from the DA:I characters. All terrible and edgy with no sense of wit whatsoever.

>> No.42423315

>>42422773
This gives you everything you need to know. http://imgur.com/a/SjcgE

>> No.42423342
File: 69 KB, 1024x624, 1941177,6smqz__aIic26rMDSBg%2B6ve0dXjWDMr9BzUEy88u3tYuoUqCKJQ7Ei55FETbGZcTaPgSwZWzkmpGEN4Oglzwng%3D%3D.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42423342

>>42423222
Okay, we've got that ridiculously long alter of that card. But what I now really want is that someone makes a kronk version of it.

>> No.42423352

>>42422950
That man IS wearing a belt.

>> No.42423568

>>42423342

>Oh right, the collar. The collar of Avacyn. The collar chosen especially to represent her church. Avacyn's Collar.

>> No.42423573

>>42423342
>Riiiight, Avacyn's collar, the collar of Acacyn, the collar that represents Avacyn's church, the church that hunts werewolfs and monsters, who don't like Avacyn all that much.
>That collar?

>> No.42423574
File: 19 KB, 312x445, 5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42423574

What set has the best flavor text and why is it Lorwyn?

>> No.42423627

>>42423568
>>42423573
Oh boy, thank you both so much!

>> No.42423738
File: 29 KB, 223x310, Image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42423738

The best of the best

>> No.42423774

>>42421973
It gets better. As all true lorefags know, Dominia is the Multiverse. Dominaria is "The Song of Dominia", the nexus at the multiverse's heart. The card is referring to literally any grizzly on any plane.

>> No.42423784

>>42421402
can someone explain what's so terrible about it? it sounds generic, sure, but doesn't seem more egregious compared to older magic cards

>> No.42423786

>>42421561

it explicitly is not.

>> No.42423830

>>42423784
Edgyneric, actually. Could be from any other game. Really bland. Nothing catch the attention.
Irrelevant.

Etc etc. It's not horrible, but it sucks.

>> No.42423909

>>42421838
Fuck off virt

>> No.42423928

>>42422437
I know that guy IRL. He's actually pretty chill. Amusingly, a picture of *him* as the crack exists. I know this, because I have seen it.

>> No.42423994
File: 23 KB, 200x201, bait.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42423994

>>42422933

>> No.42424039

>>42421561
>>42421542
>>42421432
>>42422437

It wasn't immersion breaking since they used to mostly do that in the big "edition" core sets that were not setting-specific but a mishmash of cards from different sets.

>> No.42424070

>>42423738
>>42422390
>>42422238
Daily reminder that Mark Rosewater wrote all of these.

>> No.42424137

>>42423574
because they all sound like children's rhymes and that's awesome

>> No.42424266
File: 30 KB, 223x310, underworld coinsmith.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42424266

This one always bothered me not because it's badly written, but because it might be literally the blandest possible thing written on a magic card.

>> No.42424337

>>42424266
That is pretty lame.

>> No.42424456
File: 22 KB, 791x463, I_like_you_MaRo_but_I_don't_trust_you.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42424456

>>42424070
Well he is a pretty fun guy.

But not trustworthy.

>> No.42424692

>>42424266
Eh, at least it's a tidbit of setting detail.

>> No.42424718

>>42424070
Guess we now now what he inteded to do with such a big banana

>> No.42424855

>>42422238
That's the funniest flavor text I've ever read
>>42422388
Close second

>> No.42424906
File: 29 KB, 226x311, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42424906

>>42424266
Not as bad as this.

>> No.42424963

>>42424906
I dunno man, let's compare the adjectives in the FLAVOR text on these cards

Ironroot Treefolk
stalwart
absurd
amazing
protracted

Underworld Coinsmith
...

>> No.42424997

>>42424456
B-But Theros was bland because it was litteraly not!Greece.
Kamigawa was a japanese inspired plane, but has it's own merits, lorewise.

>> No.42425026
File: 66 KB, 312x445, obsidianFireheart.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42425026

This one gets me every time.

>> No.42425048

>>42424070
>daily
Just reminder is fine, faggot.

>> No.42425061

>>42424963
Adjectives used to describe treefuckery.

>> No.42425069

>>42423830
i don't understand how this is edgy, it's not dark or brooding or misanthropic like most things that are edgy are. It's just implying that a good soldier becomes a good soldier through experience on the battlefield

>> No.42425118

>>42421402

Sure it sounds a little cliche but it fits the ally flavor in my opinion

If you had to fight soul sucking eldritch horrors every day, you'd start saying some pretty cliche grim dark stuff too

>> No.42425151

>>42425069
If you try in the slightest to be cool or serious, your edgy. If you try to be lighthearted, you're randumb. You can't win.

>> No.42425164
File: 29 KB, 223x310, ehrmagerd mehrterferr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42425164

Greatest of all time

>> No.42425353

>>42424266
It's a neat bit of fluff talking about a very specific and unusual practice. That is the opposite of bland.

>> No.42425389

>>42425353
>>42424906
This too.

>> No.42425416
File: 396 KB, 1570x1536, 1441468282323.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42425416

>>42424456

>> No.42425427
File: 123 KB, 223x311, actualscreenshot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42425427

>>42421402

This is "art" in Magic 2015

>> No.42425443

>specific insight into how a fantasy world works = bland
>generic, neutral saying = edgy
I'm glad to see that "/tg/ is bad at Magic" isn't limited to playing the game. It's like some kind of brain-rotting disease.

>> No.42425450

>>42421780

but there's nothing wrong with this

>> No.42425481

>>42425427
It looks like a pokémon card.

>> No.42425486

>>42422437
Who cares about the crack when they're all sitting next to Lim-Dul the necromancer.

>> No.42425531
File: 28 KB, 223x310, CGIshit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42425531

>>42425427
Ah yes Richard Wright, the fag who also made pic related

When will he be fired

>> No.42425549
File: 4 KB, 248x203, word of command.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42425549

>>42425427
this is "art" in magic 1993

>> No.42425558

>>42424906

this one is awesome...everything new takes itself way too seriously and sounds like it was written by rejects from the assassins creed writers room

>> No.42425562

>>42425531
Is that an underwater Tyranid?

>> No.42425566

>>42424070
Well, now we know why he couldn't stay in hollywood.

>> No.42425592

>>42425549
Too bad that's still more interesting and closer to an actual art piece. Let me guess you're going to post Stasis next because you're an Autist and need everything to be explained and shown to you

>> No.42425595

>>42425549

id take something weird that makes me laugh over art that makes me cry

you remember this art even though its like 20 years old and you probably never even owned this card

>> No.42425617
File: 260 KB, 1912x660, 1441922379651.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42425617

>>42425486
????

>> No.42425618

>>42425531

I remember threads made about how shitty that art was, but at least it was for a crap uncommon...totally shameful that we get this Myst shit on a rare

>> No.42425623

>>42425592
>>42425595
This was made by the art director on the spot when they found out the night before sending the set to print they were missing art for this particular card.

>> No.42425637

>>42422290
>black
>intellectual
You just ruined your own post.

>> No.42425644

>>42424906
Speak for yourself, I found elaborate tree mating to be delightful.

>> No.42425687

>>42425623

i still stand by getting a weird piece of technically bad art over something that was also made the night before but for no apparent reason

>> No.42425696
File: 77 KB, 312x445, 224.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42425696

Flavor text thread?
Sweet.

>> No.42425759

>>42422605
Never, afaik.

>> No.42425805

>>42425687
>>42425595
>implying we won't have threads twenty years from now with people mourning the loss of quirky, goofy low budget CGI

>> No.42425833

>>42422821
>as a way to protest plumber's crack
I thought it was in response to creepshots of women.

>> No.42425881

>>42425833
No, women just need to make everything about themselves all the time so they bullshitted this being sexual harassment and them being victims too.

>> No.42426020
File: 373 KB, 1243x767, yugioh fate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42426020

>>42425881

>> No.42426042

>>42425805
All the multisense art nowadays on cards sucks. I opened a jarquani jaguar yesterday and it smelled like nutmeg!

Mtg art was better when it was just cgi and they left it up to your imagination to fill in the sounds and smells

>> No.42426074

>>42425623
>This was made by the art director on the spot when they found out the night before sending the set to print they were missing art for this particular card.

So this piece of art made "on the spot" is STILL better than a poverty CGI drawing

>>42425805
I hope I never read this

>>42425881
>Meanwhile, Melissa del taco cheats in a game and gets away with it

Down with the patriarchy

>> No.42426087

>>42425881
Just like how /virgins need to make every thread on 4chan about how women ruin everything right?

>> No.42426147

>>42426087
Normally I'd agree with you, but his comment was directly relevant to the conversation. Ease that #trigger finger, partner.

>> No.42426281

>>42426020
>>42426087
Found the strong idependent wymn.
Dude was shaming people for having ill-fitting clothes, being in terrible shape and not caring enough to not flaunt it. And it would have been notthing more than a funny footnote if SJWs didn't make it about sexual harassment and fat-shaming because men aren't little bitches who demand people be fired for hurting their feels.

>> No.42426409

>>42422810
Daily reminder a man that literally raped someone at one one of these events is not banned.

>> No.42426554
File: 114 KB, 363x421, 1424544433591.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42426554

>>42425026

>> No.42426588

Note too that the man on the card is black.
Almost every strong-looking man in this latest set is black.

>> No.42426636

>>42422238
Jaya Ballard's quotes were not amazing stuff.

>> No.42426685

>>42426281
Pretty sure you've got it completely twisted. People at the events got upset because it's kind of a fucked up thing to do. They were mocking random people for e-fame and lulz, even though the owners of the cracks might have been really cool dudes who didn't deserve that treatment.

If SJWs were involved, it was trying to hijack it to say "serves those MEN right" and "how do YOU like having your pictures of your ass taken without consent and put on the internet?".

>> No.42426743

>>42426281
It occurred before gamer gate you fucking newfag. He got the ban because wizards didn't want people making fun of their ugliest players and get away with it.

Go the fuck back to /v and stay there

>> No.42426881
File: 223 KB, 1024x749, Rite-of-the-Serpent-MtG-Artwork.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42426881

>>42425592
if only they had more of this art on more playable cards

>> No.42426988
File: 229 KB, 1129x900, nils-hamm-rakshasa-vizier-s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42426988

Nils Hamm is the only current artist that uses digital means to make something that doesn't just look like shitty replaceable cgi shit.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?output=spoiler&method=visual&action=advanced&artist=[%22Nils+Hamm%22]

>> No.42427008

>>42425592
Ah I see, so you are an idiot. You forgot your sign, its fine, we understand. We keep a few spares around here just in case. Dont forget to leave home without it next time ok?

>> No.42427111

>>42426988
Wasn't Steve Argyle still working with WotC?

>> No.42427165

>>42427111
Sure, but he's shit. He fucks up lighting all the time.

>> No.42427514

>>42422821
>He got banned for it, probably because it fits under sexual harassment
Actually he got banned for it because the pros said he should be banned and magic is an old boys club now where have the design team is close friends with the current big name pros.

I mean what else do you expect to happen when you hire near exclusively from your pros?

>> No.42427573

>>42427165
If lighting is your primary concern, I don't think he's in that much trouble. Besides, his art is pretty good. He's apparently the reason that zendikar vampires have spider themes, from what I've heard.

>> No.42427635

>>42427514
He got banned because players playing in events should expect not to be photographed without their consent with the pictures then used online to mock them.

>> No.42427657

>>42427514
What? He did something that broke the rules, so he got banned. That's how it's supposed to work.

>> No.42427699

>>42427657
Eh, to be fair, we had to change the rules in his case. Because no one before him actually did shit like that. Which is why the rule he got banned for didn't exist before him.

>> No.42427701

>>42426881
Seb Mckinnon is my favorite new MtG artist, and the only one I know by name. I love artists whose style stands out so much I can recognize their work before reading the credit. Nielsen, Guay, Chippy, and Nils Hamm come to mind.

>> No.42427751

>>42427635
Actually thats untrue, in that particular usage the hall is considered public property and anyone can take a photo of anyone on the premise unless they have specific no photography signs up which I have never seen at an open or GP.

You have no right to privacy in that setting.

>> No.42427776

>>42427699
You sound like you know what you're talking about, and this isn't exactly a bullet proof source, but time.com's article says
>Commenting on the crack controversy, a Magic representative pointed us toward their guidelines for events, where they write, “Disrespectful, harassing or bullying behavior, whether onsite or online, is not welcome at Magic events and violates Magic tournament floor rules.” Creep-shotting players definitely falls into the no-go category.
Were those rules not already in place, or did they create an additional rule about taking photos and posting them on the internet?

>> No.42427788

>>42427751
That's true. But we can still decide who should be allowed to be playing in official tournaments. :^)

>> No.42427835

>>42427776
The rules aren't a list of "things you should not do at a tournament" etc. Whenever something happens that is new, we talk about it and find a solution. Someone photographing ass cracks was definitely not something we had on the list. But we found it necessary to put "Don't harass Magic players at our events or online" on the list because of that guy.

>> No.42427841
File: 451 KB, 1264x900, 1395139309364.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42427841

>>42427657
>>42427776
You actually cannot claim harassment from his photos actually, there are no specifications of identity from his subjects.

The entire banning was 100% a public opinion bullshit spanned from idiots on twitter, Hell the guy never even intended them to become some public spectacle, they were something he showed to his team.

>> No.42427846

>>42425450
>>42425592
>>42425595
How deluded are you?

>> No.42427852

Can we all agree that Wayne Reynolds is the worst artist employed by WotC?

Also Foglio a great. Fuck the haters.

>> No.42427868

>>42427852
Well, he's still quite good when it comes to concept art. He's very fast at their world-building art sessions and draws a lot of cool shit on the fly.

>> No.42427941

>>42422390
>they're black

top kek

>> No.42427979

>>42425481
I thought the exact same fucking thing. Thats one of the few cards Ive seen in recent sets where the art has literally made me stop and think 'that looks so digitally made that its actually detracting from the card.'

I usually dont give a shit but that was my first thought as well, that it looks like some of the cheap digital art on pokemon cards made to hold a prepubescent childs attention for a few seconds.

It never really bothered me until now.

>> No.42427985

>>42424266

OP here.

It's not bland at all, it's an interesting and peculiar fact. Completely appropriate.

>> No.42427999

>>42425427
>>42425531
Literally modern day Faglios, I bet he makes shitty webcomics and erotica with that art style too.

>> No.42428122

>>42427841
>You actually cannot claim harassment from his photos actually, there are no specifications of identity from his subjects.
He can't be taken to court so that makes it okay? The intent of the photos was to mock people and have a laugh at their expense. It's unacceptable behavior, and they were right to ban him.

An official tournament is not your kitchen table.

>> No.42428150

>>42426988

You are quite right.

>> No.42428158

>>42428122
>He can't be taken to court so that makes it okay
No WOTC can ban anyone they want, this isn't up for debate.

But retards spout things like they had to ban him because he broke a rule when it was 100% because Turtenwald threw a hissy fit on twitter.

>> No.42428191

>>42428158
That's just indicative of typical corporate laziness. Shit that ought to get done won't get done until someone raises a stink in public.

>> No.42428209

>>42425427
The art is mostly fine, it's just an utter lack of composition. Ulamog takes up too much space, but nothing's properly centered, and the hedron ring is just uneven enough to look like they fucked up making it look even. The whole thing feels like it should either be zoomed in (on the hedrons) or they cropped it out of a bigger piece. CG has nothing to do with it - it looks like a screenshot not because it's digital, but because the scene wasn't laid out for a still frame. I'm not sure whether to blame the artist, or the art director handing down stupid dicta without realizing what art is supposed to look like.

>> No.42428221

>>42428158
Fear not. We didn't put the rule in place just because of one player. We put it in because it's a rule that makes sense. When you go to a tournament, your main concern should not be "I hope no one photographs me when I'm not looking and then puts it online".

>> No.42428224

>>42428209
2lovecraftian4u

>> No.42428239
File: 17 KB, 600x172, Turtennigger.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428239

>>42428191
What about when actual harassment happened and everyone demanded they suspend turtenwald and wotc refused because hes buddies with them?

Was that also corporate laziness?

>> No.42428263

>>42428221
Or you just put no photography signs.
Like every other organization on the face on the planet with any amount of sense.

>> No.42428288

>>42428221
Or you can just pull up your goddamn pants like a decent human being.

>> No.42428304

>>42428263
Ban players photographing themselves with pros, artists, WotC employees, their decks etc. just because of one asshole? Nope. Not going to happen.

>> No.42428316

>>42428239
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that incident. Do you have a link?

>>42428263
>some dickwad takes inappropriate photos
>now no one can take photos
I don't think you thought this through.

>> No.42428333
File: 85 KB, 620x450, 1154_mizzium-mortars.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428333

I really like Noah Bradley's art, and I'm really excited to collect his cycle of basic lands for BfZ.

>> No.42428342
File: 47 KB, 603x390, Salty Pros.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428342

>>42428316
Just google goyfgate, pretty hilarious.

>> No.42428372

>>42428288
So untape your nuts, go up to the person, and ask them to pull their shirt down.

>> No.42428406
File: 63 KB, 312x445, 100[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428406

;_;

>> No.42428441

>>42423222
I got the TS version of ancient grudge specifically to avoid that flavor text

>> No.42428442

>>42428372
Are you implying that something like that is hard to do?
Are you so socially inept that you can't even politely ask someone to stop being a fucking public obscenity?
Jesus christ you don't even have to be rude about it.
Just walk up to the guy, get real close, and say something like "Hey man sorry to interrupt your game but would you mind pulling up your pants?"
You can bet your ass I'll do it if I can see his asscrack in the corner of my eye every time I look at my hand.

>> No.42428496

>>42428442
Anon, that's exactly what I meant. If someone's ass is hanging out, you should do what you said, not take pictures of it and post it on the internet like a 12 year-old /b/-tard fishing for ebin lulz.

>> No.42428559

>>42421402
>This sword is for slaying eldrazi.
>This sword is for slaying people.

>> No.42428569

>>42427852

He's not even the worst Wayne that works for them.

Wayne England is a hundred times worse.

>Also Foglio a great. Fuck the haters.

The Foglios get hated on because despite having very mediocre work like several of Magic's early artists they have amazingly rabid fans.

>> No.42428624
File: 28 KB, 223x310, story 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428624

>> No.42428643
File: 30 KB, 223x310, story 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428643

>>42428624

>> No.42428648
File: 124 KB, 223x311, Image[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428648

I like cards that kinda tell mini stories

>> No.42428651
File: 65 KB, 312x445, nullrod.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428651

>>42421402
Reminder that the Weatherlight Saga was the peak of Magic

The story was epic, cards depicted the story, and flavor text was excerpts from the story. Fat packs came with novels that you could read if you wanted to. You could discern a vague storyline by just reading the cards, almost like reading item descriptions in Dark Souls

Now, Magic is strictly a money-printing game that has nice artwork every so often, and the characters aren't so much characters but rather "mascots" to help push the product

>> No.42428654
File: 29 KB, 223x310, story 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428654

>>42428643

>> No.42428655

>>42426409
Daily reminder that Wizards banned a man for a crime he had already served his sentence for.

>> No.42428673
File: 33 KB, 223x310, vinelasher.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428673

this is also a good one

>> No.42428681

>>42428643
>6/1
Well, it's probably better than a zombie. A single human can still kill it.

>> No.42428686
File: 39 KB, 223x310, furnace celebration.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428686

>> No.42428751

>>42428681
It is gunna burn the fuck out of the human.

>> No.42428761
File: 68 KB, 312x445, 47[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428761

>>42428651
I still think this is one of the coolest cards just due to the flavor text and the scene depicted

Want to fix Magic? #BringbackUrza

>> No.42428774
File: 74 KB, 312x445, Wave.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428774

Ehh

>> No.42428789
File: 33 KB, 223x310, Minotaur.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428789

>> No.42428790

>>42426409
Why would he? He hasn't beat Drew Levin yet.

>> No.42428802

>>42421542
>immersion
>card game
Pick one.

>> No.42428820
File: 79 KB, 312x445, Doomed Traveler.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42428820

Favorite combination of flavor text, art, and card name. They all coalesce together into an adorably spooky story.

>> No.42428861

>>42426409

Wait, what?

>> No.42428892

>>42428761
I think the Urza saga is pretty complete, man. As much as I'd like to see a return, it's complete as is.

Also, part of me would die to see Gerrard, Sissa, Volrath, Urza, etc as Planeswalkers. Karn is already one, but at least that makes sense kinda.

>> No.42429110
File: 18 KB, 200x285, 7439.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42429110

>>42428892

Just reboot the shit out of it: Return to Time Spiral: Dominarian Boogaloo.

>> No.42429124

>>42429110
Game of Artifacts

SOON

>> No.42429160

>>42428892
I would be content with them remembering Tezzeret exists.

>> No.42429472

>>42428342
>>42428316
>>42428239
>>42428239
So the nerd collective decided to publicly Twitter-shame a dude because he opened a foil Gofy and decided to take the $500 card instead of the penny common that would have made his deck ever so slightly better?

>> No.42429562

>>42429472
>So the nerd collective
Incorrect, the vast majority of randoms agreed with the decision because we all know we would do the same thing.

It was the pros and his own teammates who were massive faggots about it.

>> No.42429677

>>42427852
Reynolds is the mastermind behind some awesome stuff like the aesthetics of Cathars and Naya elves.
His art is not the best, but his concept art is 10/10.

>> No.42429715

>>42428209
Always blame the art director, it's the one person that had the chance to say "Nigga, this is shit, change it!"

>> No.42429743

>>42422390

>black people demanding reparations

There are some things that are universal to all planes of existence.

>> No.42429763

>>42423568
>>42423573
I didn't know Bendis wrote Flavor Text

>> No.42429799

>>42427111
Steve "Plastic Skin" Argyle?

>> No.42429812

>>42429472
It's worth a lot more than $500 now. It sold for thousands.

>> No.42429819

>>42428654
Innistrad was 10/10 flavor, then Avacyn happened.

>> No.42429822

>>42424039

so they released a set with no immersion.

yeah, they aren't going that anymore.

>> No.42429823

>>42425427

It looks like a boss battle from some really crappy RPG that /v/ hates

>> No.42429831

>>42428651
>>42428761
Reminder that you're wearing rose-tinted glasses and that the Weatherlight Saga was shit that literally involved a wacky, fourth-wall-breaking insert of the head of Storyline who saved the day by erasing the original ending in which Yawgmoth won.

>> No.42429844

>>42428761
Urza "Let me just join Yawgmoth" Planeswalker? That Urza?

>> No.42429906

>>42429819
What's the deal with the Avacyn set, anyway? I'm a casual Magic player and observer, generally picking the game up and putting it down every few years, but I've heard this before on /tg/.

>> No.42429947
File: 739 KB, 1262x720, https%3A%2F%2F41.media.tumblr.com%2F2047050b36b7f12ae3f6df54057f0577%2Ftumblr_ni6nrh6Q0J1qa94xto4_1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42429947

>>42429906
Niggas couldn't keep up with the draft

I like avacyn draft, I must be retarded

>> No.42429948

>>42429906
Ignoring the fact that the set was godawful and considered one of if not the worst sets to draft of all time?

They went from a gothic horror block to a set with literally nothing but angels and demons. There was like 1 zombie and 1 vampire in the whole set.

The whole flavor of the set pulled a 180 and was abrupt as hell.

>> No.42429956

>>42429906

The angels and demons theme simmering in the first 2 sets in the plane spilled forth and wiped out the dark shadowy themes.

>> No.42430004

>>42429906
>Horror set filled with spooky creatures
>A set tribal for each color combination
>With humans banding together to defeat the monsters
>The final set in the block was ANGELS APPEARED AND KILLED EVERYONE BAD, THE END
The Hellvault promotion was hilariously terrible too.

>> No.42430016

>>42430004

Angels are the Space Marines of M:tG.

>> No.42430029

>>42429948
>>42429956
This, and it was boring as shit.
Survival in a gothic horror setting was refreshing and had a morbidly dumb sense of humor that made you feel just how fucked people were, and then boom 100% angels vs demons as if we didn't have decades worth of that in fiction already.

>> No.42430042

>>42429906
>Avacyn falls, everyone evil dies.

>> No.42430097

>>42429812
Only because of the controversy after the fact. When he made the choice, that Goyf was worth $500.

>> No.42430107

>>42430097
>that Goyf was worth $500
It would have easily been a grand even without the controversy.

The top 8 stamp of the biggest magic tournament to have existed would have seen to that

>> No.42430141

>>42427999
at least the Fatlios actually draw something, with a pen and paper, rather than click a bunch of vectors into some non-Euclidean mess and call it a day.

>> No.42430253

>>42428569
Phil does all right, his work isn't half bad
But he's an enormously swollen-headed cunt

>> No.42431216

>>42428122
Showing your fucking asscrack like it's nothing is unacceptable behavior to me. Either have a diet or wear a fucking belt, geez.

>>42428406
I miss Kamigawa : Melancholy weirdness boogaloo.

>>42427852
Wayne Reynolds?
Are you serious? The guy can threw some amazing art like it's nothing. I'll take 15 Reynolds over 75% of the magic art cast.

>> No.42431293

>>42423774
There's more than one multiverse (for example, our universe isn't a plane on Dominia), so maybe our grizzlies are just that much worse than theirs.

>> No.42431296

>>42428761
For the longest time, that picture looked to me like Urza clinging onto the wall, and Gerrard clinging to him with his knees. It still does, but I know what it actually is now.

>> No.42431327

>>42423574
Yeah I can vouch for that
That's pretty good.

>> No.42431335

At this point all color combinations have their flavor text patterns. This fits the RW thematic of "soldier guy" doesn't it?

>> No.42431381

>>42431335
R/W is less "soldier guy" and more "militia that owes its loyalty more to its ideals than to the state."

>> No.42431782

>>42421542
Words by poets are not limited to our world, they can just as easily be applied to another, albeit fictional, one.

>> No.42431847
File: 249 KB, 750x1046, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42431847

This is flavor text 2015
This is the future you chose

>> No.42432116

>>42424456
>top-down blocks should follow the pop culture understanding of the source material

Literally the PLEBEST of pleb-tier opinions. I get that Wizards and Hasbro are businesses, it's in their nature to want to attract customers but to have some fuck nut actually congratulate them for doing as little as possible to make a setting interesting, virtually copy-pasting Greek myth into card form, rather than using it as inspiration to do their own work (e.g. Lorwyn), that just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

>> No.42432375

>>42424456
>Theros is fascinating to me
THAT'S BECAUSE YOU HAVE ZERO KNOWLEDGE ABOUT THE ACTUAL SOURCE MATERIAL
Holy shit, it's been a long time since I've raged this hard.
And I'm looking at you, America.

>> No.42433253

>>42428406
Makes me cry like a bitch.

;_;

>> No.42435625

>>42432116
Its the future you chose.

>> No.42435865
File: 41 KB, 700x525, 1441073262260.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42435865

>>42432116
Lowryn was basically loose welsh mythology you stupid cunt. Unless you notice anything but phyrexia/mirrodin, Zendikar, and Alara in modern is basically ripped off of from somewhere else. Kamigawa rips off Japan, Ravnica and Fiora are renaissance italy. Innistrad is literally Draculian Romania, and Tarkhir is straight up Mongolia.

If you want an original feel to a set, expect it to be bland and boring unless your willing to base it off of source material so quit your bitching fuckboy

>> No.42436001 [DELETED] 

>>42421431
Underrated post

>> No.42436279

>>42435865
>Burma is Mongolia
>Siberia is Mogolia
>Turkey is Mongolia
>Tibet is Mongolia

Sure glad I got this great lesson in Geography on /tg/ today.

>> No.42436428

>>42423786
It explicitly is.

>> No.42436504

>>42425151
Try learning anything at all about writing. There's more to fiction than being serious or not serious.

>> No.42436527

>>42425353
Nope, it's bland.

>> No.42436586

>>42425443
World-building isn't automatically interesting, especially when you do a shitty job of it like on that card.

"Soldiers are forged in war" is generic, but it's not neutral. It's what a child thinks good writing is.

>> No.42436633

>>42425592
>sees some bullshit that looks like it came straight from deviantart

>compares it to actual art

fucking kill yourself.

>> No.42436710

>>42426087
They do ruin everything.

>> No.42436739

>>42426409
Daily reminder that rape victims always deserve it, and probably enjoyed it anyway.

>> No.42436759

>>42426636
Your opinion is wrong.

>> No.42436760

>>42422238

OP's card isn't wacky. It's just shit.

>> No.42436783

>>42426685
I don't get it. Women don't have privacy rights because they're women. If they wanted privacy, why didn't they choose to be born as the other gender?

>> No.42436883

>>42427985
It's neither interesting or peculiar.

>> No.42436907

>>42428122
But exposing yourself in public is okay right?

Wotc doesn't give a shit about rules, legality, or morality, they banned him because it was either ban one wallet or ban a lot of wallets.

>> No.42436922

>>42428209
What is art supposed to look like?

>> No.42436936

>>42428221
>this faggot keeps using "we" like he thinks anyone is buying that he's a part of anything

>> No.42436943

>>42435865
>Tarkir is Mongolia
>mountainous monasteries, jungles of gold and spice and wealth, tundra and forest, deserts, grassland/steppe
>Mongolia
>steppe
>disregarding the inclusion of Tibet, SE Asia, Siberia, and Turkey

>Ravnica [is] ... renaissance Italy
>"Ravnica"
>literally Slovenian for "plain"
>Names like Orzhov, Agrus Kos, Simic
>Polish/Czech architecture
>ITALY
Fucking embarrassing.

I mean, your point is sound, but you really beefed it on the examples. Also Lorwyn/Shadowmoor best plane anyway.

>> No.42436967
File: 58 KB, 312x445, Doran.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42436967

Oh, and can I just say that Doran's flavor text is some of my favorite ever? Honestly, this whole card is its own little masterpiece.

>> No.42437001
File: 842 KB, 1920x1120, GP_Prague.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42437001

>>42435865
Ravnica is Fantasy Prague, not Italy.

>> No.42437010

>>42429763
Bendis?

>> No.42437035
File: 132 KB, 401x550, MAGIC-EX-HATRED-LP.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42437035

This is how you do serious flavor text.

>> No.42437067

>>42423830
it has a nice little rhythm to it, seems like it could be a couple lines from a longer poem that soldiers enjoy.

>> No.42437194
File: 649 KB, 3711x313, slo4ROy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42437194

I really dig the Lovesong of Night and Day. It would be cool to see them attempt a flavor detail across so many cards like this again.

>> No.42437214

>>42432375
Or, he's familiar with the source material, and still finds it fascinating.

>> No.42437236

>>42435865

>Kamigawa rips off Japan
>well done

>Ravnica and Fiora are renaissance italy
>confirmed for not knowing shit about italy

>> No.42437262

>>42437035
By trying to sound like a 12-year-old fanfiction writer?

Holy shit WHY DID I TAKE ALL THOSE CLASSES

>> No.42437311

>>42432375
>Blame it on America!
Seriously?

And I think the biggest problem with Theros's lore was that all of its actual deviations from what could be expected were tied to bad mechanics or cards (Bestow, Inspired, Heroic, I'm lookin' at you) or just outright not available just by looking at the cards.
The whole thing about their weird starry enchantment god-realm was pretty cool to me, ditto their take on apotheosis.

>> No.42438208

>>42437311
heroic is cool.

>> No.42438359

>>42438208
I thought it was too bland. It didn't hit the flavor they wanted: explicitly, it was supposed to feel like they were heros being bestowed by favors of the gods, (esp. with Bestow), but in practice they were only ever used with the instants and sorceries you were playing on your creatures anyway.
Hell, I once won a game by bolting my own Arena Athlete to swing lethal, which I don't think really fits the flavor of anything.

>> No.42438529
File: 1.67 MB, 868x757, Real-life GMPC.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42438529

>>42436279
Ah, I see you know the natural order of things.

>> No.42438665
File: 89 KB, 819x460, RER paint.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42438665

>> No.42440579
File: 2.26 MB, 1920x1070, 1355460359348.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42440579

>>42437262
>he went to uni for writing

>> No.42440645

>>42437194
Someone actually once wrote a couple of articles detailing Magic flavour text, including how the Love Song of Night and Day came to be (bonus neckbeard-rustling fact: it was written by a woman) and why flavour text is generally so godawful (spoilers: no one at Wizards is interested in such genuine creativity because it takes away from cranking out generic bullshit):
http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc/20485_Just_Another_Dead_Bonsai.html
http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/misc/20262_Flavor_Soup_For_The_Soul.html

>> No.42440718

>>42438359
>it was supposed to feel like they were heros being bestowed by favors of the gods
That may be the case for enchantments, but heroism can also come from overcoming great trials. Like the twelve labours of Heracles.

I think getting bolted fits that.

>> No.42441904
File: 538 KB, 1508x1000, 1424200543663.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42441904

>>42435865
>stoopid kunt
>cannot into Ravnica or Tarkir (no H, silly)

>> No.42442086

>>42428820
You good sir are so damn right.

>> No.42442102

>>42440645

A bit too artsy for me, but nevertheless damn good articles. Thanks anon.

>> No.42442309

>>42438359
Compare it to Exalted.
"Everyone believes in you Timmy"
Now Timmy is a 13/13 trampling doublestriker.

>> No.42442333
File: 61 KB, 312x445, 164.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42442333

>> No.42442347

>>42440645
They kinda tried it again with Elspeth's trials in Theros but it was so boring and on such lame cards that when you realized it wasn't an old legend but what was currently going on, you weren't filled with awe or interest for it's conclusion, you just didn't care.

>> No.42442373
File: 74 KB, 312x445, 34.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42442373

>> No.42442430

>>42435865
>rather than using it as inspiration to do their own work (e.g. Lorwyn)
>missing the point this hard
It's fine if they take inspiration but theros was stupid and tacky as shit.

>> No.42442454

>>42442309
...so Bant was actually the shounen protagonist subplane all along?

>> No.42442501

>>42424456
>We learned our mistakes from making our best block in terms of flavor (lorwyn is also a respectable position) people want absolute shit writing and worse gameplay.

>> No.42442505

>>42442347
The thing is that some of it WAS an old legend, and some of it was Elspeth's trials, because there've been many Sun's Champions in the past and Elspeth is just the most recent one. It's pointed out in the Uncharted Realms article where Ajani and Brimaz talk

>> No.42442662

>>42436633
>doesn't understand that the art has greater value when it contrasts well with the other pieces of magic art.
>doesn't realize that it creates the feeling it's suppose to invoke while looking nice and being memorable.
It would literally be preferable to have fucking 5 year olds draw some percent of the cards than to have the artistic monotony that they have now.

>> No.42443143

>>42428820
I alwasy thought it was funny how it becomes a better creature when it dies.

>> No.42443955

>>42437035
It really needs a reprint with the flavor text "I wish I could hate you to DEATH"

>> No.42444132

>>42421402
>one terrible piece of flavortext
Have you ever heard of sample size, anon?

>> No.42444448

>>42436586
>"Soldiers are forged in war" is generic, but it's not neutral. It's what a child thinks good writing is.
It's just bland. It's not tryhard, and it's not edgy. It's the result of zero effort.

>> No.42445064

>>42440718
but he died tho

>> No.42445089

>>42442454
>shounen subplane
>no red
FUCK THIS

>> No.42445153

>>42425164
11/10

>> No.42445198
File: 23 KB, 382x308, MasterDecoy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42445198

>>42427999
Fuck yourself.

>> No.42445296
File: 71 KB, 312x445, 1439848674266.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42445296

One of my favorites. Yojimi is up there too.

>> No.42445467
File: 57 KB, 312x445, obliterate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42445467

>>42445296
related

>> No.42445779

>>42445467
Easily my all-time favorite

>> No.42445838
File: 65 KB, 312x445, APOCALYPSE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42445838

>>42445779
It's pretty damn impressive, especially if you also know the lore behind it. Pic related is another red mass destruction spell with some pretty heavy flavor text.

>> No.42445861

>>42424456
>a fun guy
For you.

>> No.42445929
File: 70 KB, 312x445, ruination.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42445929

>>42445838
Red mass removal spells in general seem to be pretty well-written.

>> No.42445934

>>42440645
>(bonus neckbeard-rustling fact: it was written by a woman)
Why do you think anyone cares?

>> No.42446024

>>42445467
The art really makes this, with worse art I might even cringe at the flavor text but the art sells it.
>>42445838
The flavor text of this never really made any sense (who is the shadow?) but it has really good tone to make up for it.

>> No.42446038
File: 30 KB, 223x310, Image (13).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42446038

I like this one

>> No.42446088

>>42430141
That's true. They're shit, but at leas they're shit on paper.

>>42445198
Boy, you sure showed me.

>> No.42446156

>>42436943

... Abzan are Turkish?

... TIME TO OIL UP!

>> No.42446160

Reminder that flavor text writing is something wotc does constantly for every set- they send people completed cards / their designs and ask them to write three flavor texts for each- sometimes they send the entire fucking set.

And they get many people to do this every set.

And we still get this generic awful shit

>> No.42446179

>>42436967

It's a pretty good tree pun done dead serious.

>> No.42446203

>>42446160
It's almost like grabbing up random mooks with zero coherence of vision or direction is not conducive to creative, meaningful writing.

>> No.42446224

>>42446024
The shadow is Urza

>> No.42446259

>>42446224

Are you sure?

>> No.42446396

>>42437010
Comic book writer. Bit of a hack I'm told. I wouldn't know. I try not to expose myself to shit.

>> No.42446562

>>42431216
>wear a fucking belt, geez.
Take it from a fa/tg/uy, belts don't help if your jeans don't fit right. When you're a fatty, finding jeans that fit is nearly impossible.
inb4 just lose weight. Yeah buddy, I know. But if you can't be fat and play magic, there's literally no acceptable hobby left on Earth.

>> No.42446611

>>42446562
I'm pretty sure a few of the guys in the pictures actually were wearing belts, demonstrating your point. It seemed like the real problem was that their shirts were too short, or were scrunched up against the backs of the chairs.

>> No.42446635

>>42435865
I want a return to Innistrad with MORE real world influence actually. Maybe some Slavic and Baltic cryptids and mosters can make an appearance.

>> No.42446765

>>42446611
Yeah, exactly. Sometimes there's chairs that pull your pants down and your shirt up. It's hard out here for a tubby.

>> No.42446822

who gives a shit, all that matters is how good the card is

i only even give a shit about the pictures so i can identify the card at a distance

>> No.42446924

>>42446822
I feel the same way.

But I'm willing to say that 90% of players playing this game care very deeply about meaningless shit like flavor and art even if it's shit they eat it up.

I care about the art and flavor too but Wizards very obviously doesn't give a fuck about something as basic as continuity. The return to Mirrodin, Ravnica and Zendikar shows that clearly.

Card mechanics haven't been particularly inspiring either.

>> No.42446974
File: 131 KB, 500x333, 1422320589478.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42446974

>>42425486

>> No.42447028

>>42446765
As a burgeoning chub, I like to tuck in a light undershirt, then put a decent shirt on top, usually left unbuttoned.

It can get kind of hot in the summer, but them's the breaks.

>> No.42447223

>>42446203
Some of them have decent vision i.e. >>42440645 but get ignored by everyone else to the point where he makes several articles which make it clear that he regularly cries due to how terrible the company is.

>> No.42447424

>>42447028
For some reason, wearing an undershirt makes my shirts ride up. I'm past the point of being able to to tuck the outer shirt, so I'm just S.O.L.
I'm taking steps to get a handle on my weight, but jeans and polos (only thing I can wear without feeling like a fool) aren't great sportswear.

>> No.42447504
File: 157 KB, 650x560, Ganbatte, anon-kun.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42447504

>>42447424
I believe in you.

>> No.42447641

>>42427999
>I have no response so I'm going to strawman you

Foglio was not Magic's best artist, though I'll admit that Orcish Librarian was pretty funny.

I'm more of a Mark Tedin, I dare you to even try and argue against that one

Dan Frazier and Anson Maddocks are favorites of mine as well

Ian Miller's art I also really like but MtG just wasn't for him

>> No.42447837

>>42421814
Not only is it cliched as all hell, but they completely botched it anyways. It would have been much better if it were:
"Great steel is born in the hottest forges, as are great soldiers" or some such. As it's written, it would better apply to a soldier that doesn't use weapons, as the disconnect in sentences implies that they're separate things.

>> No.42448007

>>42447837
What? It's a simple analogy.
Blades:Forges::Soldiers:War

>> No.42448150

>>42421432
>They groan'd, they stirr'd, they all uprose,
Nor spake, nor moved their eyes;
It had been strange, even in a dream,
To have seen those dead men rise.

>> No.42448252

>>42448150
Still one of the best.

>> No.42448314

You know, I had a feeling that people saying all the art and flavor text in Magic is going to shit were just whiny, nostalgic assholes, but this thread pretty much confirms it. Thanks.

>> No.42448589

>>42448314
Nobody cares cupcake, nice blog post tho

>> No.42448635
File: 34 KB, 223x310, Image[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42448635

>>42422290
Time for intellectual black flavor text!

>> No.42448663
File: 27 KB, 226x311, Image[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42448663

>>42448635

>> No.42448688

>>42448007
You clearly didn't even read the post. I understand that, I'm saying that it was horrendously written. If you honestly can't see how horrible the flavor text is, you're not old enough to be on this board.

>> No.42448698
File: 28 KB, 223x310, Image[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42448698

>>42448663

>> No.42448770

>>42448688
I'm not saying it's good, but "Great steel is born in the hottest forges, as are great soldiers" is even worse. Much worse.

>> No.42448790
File: 31 KB, 223x310, Image[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42448790

>>42448698

>> No.42448833
File: 28 KB, 226x311, Image[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42448833

>>42448790

>> No.42448855
File: 36 KB, 200x146, 1380860945994.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42448855

>>42428406
>that flavor text

Oh come here bro

>> No.42448961
File: 34 KB, 223x310, Image[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42448961

>>42422909
Because that would involve direct confrontation.

>>42424456
B-b-but Kamigawa was great for flavor.

>>42448833

>> No.42449080

>>42427979
Pokemon's cards have gotten better on some cards. But still not as good as most of Magic's art.

>> No.42449090

>>42428406

Best art.

Best flavor.

>> No.42449121

>>42425531
I don't actually mind this too much. The art style seems appropriate for the underwater shot. It may be drifting into uncanny valley territory, but not enough to make me complain yet.

Also I have a soft spot for kraken shots that show their scale.

>> No.42449186

>>42449121
I'm with you, anon.

>> No.42449439
File: 13 KB, 200x285, 36439.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42449439

I would not mess with that guy.

>> No.42449821
File: 30 KB, 226x311, Everytim.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42449821

>> No.42450027

>>42446822
A good card with good art and good flavor text is better than a good card with shit art/text or both.

>> No.42450068

>>42445929
The seething hate between the Vec and the Keld helps a lot.

>> No.42450439

>>42445934
Because of ethics in Magic setting design. Women are inherently unethical so we should avoid having them anywhere in the industry.

>> No.42452473

>>42424906
Just imagine David Attenborough saying it.

>> No.42452579

>>42429947
I remember Avacyn drafts being short on creatures. Everyone would grab them as soon as they could it you'd end up with nothing. It really wasn't worth a large set, there was enough padding already for a small set.

>> No.42452607

>>42429947
The draft format was overly simplistic, especially compared with the great format that was triple INN and that had preceeded it. Avacyn draft was in many ways worse than drafting Core Sets at the time.

>> No.42452636

>>42429948
>The whole flavor of the set pulled a 180 and was abrupt as hell.
Yes, this as well. As much as Maro likes to moan about how ROE was to mechanically disconnected from the rest of Zendikar it sure as hell didn't feel as bad as the flavour disconnect between Innistrad and Avacyn Restored.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action