Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 106 KB, 687x805, Queen Elizabeth has no boobplate..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42151512 No.42151512 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

Does anyone have actual historical examples of boobplate - for women?
Yes, I know it's a dumb idea but I want to know if it exists. Also, I guess armoured women?

>> No.42151542

There was male boobplate(sculpted broke usually), but I'm not sure there are any surviving examples of female boobplate.

>> No.42151593

I have a bunch of art from the 1970s with it.

>> No.42151672

Nope. Because it didn't exist.

War was a man's domain. It still is. Just because we have guns now, doesn't mean you need to not start crying the second a gun goes off, and not be able to bench more than 80 pounds. Those are still necessary traits. Even more necessary in medieval times.

Now, we allow female players to play female warriors in D&D and other RPGs, because, well, the entire RPG community is a bunch of white knights.

But women were always second rate troops, brought in by countries who weren't afraid to waste a valuable resource (1 women and 10 men reproduces a lot slower than 10 women and one man)

>> No.42151895

>>42151593
Boris and Frazzetta don't count.

>> No.42151918

>>42151672
Your fedora is showing

>> No.42151936

>>42151918

Your lack of knowledge is showing.

Please, show me all the cherrypicking examples of women in warfare, when the VAST majority of soldiers have been male, and better.

>> No.42151942

>>42151918
He's not wrong.

>inb4 you post statistical anomalies

>> No.42152168
File: 64 KB, 486x742, 1436210111840.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152168

>>42151672
>Eww! Icky girlies are ruining violence for me! Dx

Stay mad

>> No.42152206

>>42152168
sjw detected
now back to tumblr with you

>> No.42152230
File: 331 KB, 1024x1024, SteelDress.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152230

Not really

>> No.42152249

Boobplate has no basis in reality. Female armor just had a little extra space in the chest area, but no steel bra like we see in fiction art.

>> No.42152250
File: 103 KB, 500x675, 1434492982515.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152250

>>42152206
I'm not an SJW

I'm a man who loves women

>> No.42152265

>>42152230
Goddammit, Victorians.

>> No.42152305
File: 14 KB, 250x250, 1436190257339.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152305

>>42152168
>>42152250
>posts fantasy art to support his argument that women were warriors

Fucking amazing.

>> No.42152328

>>42152168
He isn't even saying women shouldn't fight in wars. He is just saying that historically they haven't.
Also, posting drawn pictures of woman warriors from fantasy doesn't assist your argument at all.
>inb4 exceptions

>> No.42152339

>>42151672
>War was a man's domain. It still is.
I somewhat agree but this
>Now, we allow female players to play female warriors in D&D and other RPGs, because, well, the entire RPG community is a bunch of white knights.
is stupid. We allow people to play female warriors because we allow people to play wizards, dwarves and other unrealistic/uncommon things for the sake of fun. It has nothing to do with white knighting. If you don't allow female warriors at your table you should also forbid magic and other races.

>> No.42152356
File: 70 KB, 708x950, 1434489055397.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152356

>>42152305
Well there were the Scythians.

But I'm just saying, there's literally no reason as to why women shouldn't be allowed combat service in modern times. Nor is there any reason they shouldn't be allowed to fight in Fantasy settings.

>>42152328
See
>>42151672
>War was a man's domain. It still is.

>> No.42152389

>>42151672
>we allow females to play female warriors because white knights

Nah.

I'm not saying you're wrong about historical military practices, but the reason behind genders being identical in capability in role playing is because it's fucking fantasy. The whole point of role playing is to pretend the unlikely and impossible. If a woman being a soldier is more immersion breaking than alien jellyfish who throw their babies out of the atmosphere and into other planets, perhaps roleplaying fantasy scenarios where you live larger than life and have heroic quests isn't the right hobby for you.

>> No.42152399
File: 641 KB, 677x2422, WomenOnTheFrontLines.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152399

>>42152356
I apologize in advance for any impending shitstorm

>> No.42152406

>>42151672
>But women were always second rate troops, brought in by countries who weren't afraid to waste a valuable resource

The United States, Saudi Arabia, Canada, Japan, Israel, Australia and most of the rest of the world aren't in any danger of running out of people because they have female soldiers. Women fill vital roles.

I don't know where or when you served, but when I was in the US Navy we didn't do that much bench pressing and firing a gun then crying. Those aren't what I think of when I remember it. Are you sure you were in the military and not a mental hospital?

>> No.42152412

>>42151672
>Now, we allow female players to play female warriors in D&D and other RPGs, because, well, the entire RPG community is a bunch of white knights.
Dude, wot?

>> No.42152453

>>42152356
My apologies, that was an honest reading mistake on my part. Looking back on it I have no clue on how I managed to miss that.

>> No.42152456

>>42152399
>front line infantry

There's still countless other jobs in the army that can be performed by women

>> No.42152460

>>42151936
>>42151942
>Thinks he's being called a fedora-wearing neckbeard over the history part and not over the white-knighting part
This is how removed from reality fucks like you are. Everyone else would have caught on to what he was talking about right away.

>> No.42152472

>>42151672
Go back to /r9k/ and leave the normies alone.

>> No.42152473

I'm not a historian or anything, but why would boobplate even be a thing? If you were poor and (for some reason) were assigned armor for your military service it was probably a standardized one-size-fits-all kind of uniform. And if you were a rich woman and could afford custom armor, chances are you weren't seeing battle on account of your station and responsibilities at home.

>> No.42152479

>>42151672
There was female armour. Catherine of Aragon had a suit of armour, which she wore when addressing English troops preparing to repel the Scottish invasion, as she had been appointed regent while Henry VIII was in France

>> No.42152507

>>42152473
>it was probably a standardized one-size-fits-all kind of uniform
Usually in the middle ages you had to provide your own equipment.

Rich nobles usually adorned their armor with fancy and often retarded shit, so a noble woman giving her armor tits is believable.

>> No.42152520

>>42152356
>literally no reason
>literally
dumblr red flag right there.

>>42152356
>Nor is there any reason they shouldn't be allowed to fight in Fantasy settings
Yep. They should be allowed to fight in fantasy. It's fantasy. That's why it's called fantasy.

>>42152356
>no reason as to why women shouldn't be allowed combat service in modern times
Nope. Your inability to distinguish reality from fantasy lends credibility to all of the soccermom-brainwashed congressmen who try to pass laws restricting video games because they cause violence or ruin our children. And that saddens me.

Women in direct combat roles is a bad idea in all instances except the infinitesimally few and far between or in the last-resort defense of the very final lynchpin of a war. Otherwise it represents a massive waste of value for any nation.

>> No.42152534

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_ancient_warfare

>> No.42152536

>>42152473

Decorative, elaborate armor was often made for wealthy people. Some of those wealthy people were women. Generally, this was more a costume then anything else.

>> No.42152550
File: 112 KB, 525x700, 1304652091618.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152550

>> No.42152558
File: 343 KB, 600x1085, 1434488911349.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152558

>>42152520
Why are you quoting my post three times?

>dumblr red flag right there.
I have never had a Tumblr account

>Your inability to distinguish reality from fantasy lends credibility to all of the soccermom-brainwashed congressmen who try to pass laws restricting video games because they cause violence or ruin our children. And that saddens me.

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

>> No.42152569
File: 221 KB, 600x906, 1304652642058.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152569

>> No.42152588
File: 83 KB, 431x700, 1304653066198.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152588

>> No.42152610
File: 18 KB, 314x196, 1409177966288.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152610

>>42152558

>> No.42152612
File: 219 KB, 708x1127, 1311471085671.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152612

>> No.42152634
File: 57 KB, 696x758, 1311493477194.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152634

>> No.42152651
File: 896 KB, 1031x1549, SamanthaSwords.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152651

Total lay person, but I was under the impression that armor wasn't, for lack of a better term, sexed. So whenever women wore chest armor, they'd just wear armor with their chests tied down.

>> No.42152652
File: 439 KB, 768x1086, 1311494815238.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152652

>> No.42152670
File: 114 KB, 500x625, 1311495113515.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152670

This one looks like the singer for a hair metal band.

>> No.42152684

>>42152520

Did you have a stroke typing that?

Anyway, yeah, there's no reason women can't fill all roles. The infantry standards, despite what people think, aren't very high. It's not the hardest job in the world, though it might be one of the most uncomfortable and degrading.

Women aren't used in infantry roles because men aren't conformable with it. That isn't an invalid reason. Infantry is such a shit job that making it worse is just cruel. Expecting teenage and early twenties boys to be easy around women is silly, and most of the infantry is always going to be boys because that is the only population with the mix of physical ability and stupidity to do infantry jobs.

We allow female hospital corpsman to work with marines and face the same dangers, there's female convoy drivers that face more danger the line infantry, and female fighter and helicopter pilots that do everything men do except fire weapons, because that would be 'combat', despite the fact that flying a helicopter in the sandbox is pretty much equally dangerous if you shooting or not.

>> No.42152701
File: 86 KB, 403x650, 1322701636813.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152701

I'd say I've gotten over the whole thing by now- I used to be against boob plates, but along the way I just kind of thought that there's no perfect armor, and fiction is fiction.

>> No.42152728
File: 59 KB, 448x342, 1429313807747.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152728

>>42152684
>The infantry standards, despite what people think, aren't very high

And yet the military still has to lower the standards for women to pass.

>> No.42152731
File: 327 KB, 600x818, 1323411397779.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152731

>> No.42152750

>>42152399
She's a fucking bro. Devil bitch is on point.

>> No.42152757
File: 137 KB, 531x700, 1328145848407.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152757

>> No.42152762

>>42152728
No, they don't "have to". Honestly, I mostly think they lowered the standard because those standards weren't necessary with the configuration of war these days.

>> No.42152790

>>42152762
>I think

Nice evidence there m8.

>> No.42152821

>>42152790
I don't expect to be right when I say "I think". It's just that, "I think". I'm not in /k/. I'm reading that female veteran account, and she makes good points.

>> No.42152824

>>42152728
>smug kawaii girl
>misogynist statement

how cliche

>> No.42152826

>>42152701
If you have fighting women in your setting, no reason not to have a little boobplate. I'd say even the more glaring "heartseeker" examples of pronounced boobplate are fairly realistic come to think of it. It's not like in real life people have not sacrificed practicality for decoration and fashion, no matter what neckbearded 4chan "traditionalists" believe. Look at Napoleonic uniforms with their artery-crushing tight pants and starched collars that could break your neck for example.

>> No.42152828

>>42152728
There are lots of jobs in the military that don't involve a person having to carry a human being like a sack of potatoes. Even if a woman is smaller or weaker than a man, so long as she can carry her pack, shoot her gun, and run however long the squad has to run, what harm is there is lowering the bar for entry? War is fought with missiles nowadays anyway.

>> No.42152830
File: 137 KB, 600x825, 1347818805332.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152830

>> No.42152840
File: 835 KB, 986x1000, 1437683347433.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152840

>>42151512
>>42151512


Some anon mentioned the Scythians already and I know the Celts also had warrior women, but historically it wasn't too common and the cultures that did have it didn't really use late armor. Maybe some more ancient civilizations had it but I'm not too sure.

>> No.42152849

>>42152684
>Expecting teenage and early twenties boys to be easy around women is silly
Not as silly as expecting the enemy to be.

>most of the infantry is always going to be boys because that is the only population with the mix of physical ability and stupidity to do infantry jobs
>boys are sooooo stupid, ohmygod
You've told me so much about yourself in so little time.....

>> No.42152853

>Woman thread again
So /tg/, what is worse: bikini armor or -4 STR?

>> No.42152866

>>42152670
Looks like a dude with a boob plate

>> No.42152870

>>42152824
>sexual dimorphism is misogyny

>> No.42152905

>>42151672
/thread

>> No.42152907

>>42152828
>War is fought with missiles nowadays anyway.
Please shut up. Maybe it's just because I'm a dumb grunt, but your stupidity makes MY brain hurt.

>> No.42152911
File: 205 KB, 740x1163, 1357951962802.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152911

>>42152826
Well, I don't know a whole lot about womens' combat roles in history, so I can't weigh in. Fun's fun.
>>42152853
-4 STR
>>42152866
Well, it is fitted plate armor, which must be expensive, and if it's ancestral, he's got all the more reason to wear it.

>> No.42152912

>>42152824
muh soggyknees

>> No.42152945
File: 241 KB, 750x1050, 1368575738420.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42152945

>> No.42152954

>>42152907
I'm sorry they didn't let you into the Air Force.

>> No.42152963

>>42152728
topkek

It's true

>> No.42153002

>>42152905
Don't thread your own posts.

>> No.42153023

>>42152684
Most of the woman who pass military tests only to prove that they are strong
There is one big reason why you shouldn't bring woman to military, most of them have no loyalty to army, only to themselve.
That's why there wont be much female soldiers in any wartime

>> No.42153033

>>42153002
I'm not him.

>> No.42153041

>>42153023
>Most of the woman who pass military tests only to prove that they are strong
Sauce?

>> No.42153056

>>42152849
>Doesn't think teenage males are idiots

Of all people legally considered adults they are the ones statistically most likely to make terrible choices.

This isn't new information.

>> No.42153058

>>42153033
I'd prefer you were, because that poster was fucking dumb.

>> No.42153061

>>42153023
>most of them have no loyalty to army
Oh great, you're one of those "hurr army strong" meatheads.

>> No.42153070

>>42152828
>what harm is there is lowering the bar for entry?
Your whole squad is dead now, is that enough?

>> No.42153107
File: 352 KB, 1600x1759, boobplate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42153107

>>42151512
Here.

It's exactly like muscleplate, purely for show and with very little practical value.

>> No.42153116

>>42153023

About 18% of US soldiers and 20% of US sailors are women and have been for years. Women do fine in war.

>> No.42153134

>>42153107
That looks hot. 10/10. Would put sex slave in it.

>> No.42153168

>>42153116
What percentage of them are in combat roles?

>> No.42153171
File: 25 KB, 499x468, 1379382001646.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42153171

>>42151672
>Now, we allow female players to play female warriors in D&D and other RPGs, because, well, the entire RPG community is a bunch of white knights

>> No.42153173

>>42153107
Awesome. Thank you anon.

>> No.42153218

Can we all agree that women should stick to magic if they want to go to war?

>> No.42153228

>>42152728
I hate to be "that guy", but 2 grills made it through Ranger School without the standards being lowered.

>> No.42153268

>>42153228
They made it through Instructor Training. They aren't going on any field ops with Rangers any time soon.

>> No.42153270

>>42153228
I remember /k/ talking about this. Didn't they fail the first time and were allowed to retry?

>> No.42153277

>>42152828
>Even if a woman is smaller or weaker than a man, so long as she can carry her pack, shoot her gun, and run however long the squad has to run
But women cant do this. They cant carry as much as long as men can.

>> No.42153283

>>42153116
>Women do fine in war
The ban for women in direct combat roles was lifted in 2013

>> No.42153307

>>42153268
Yeah, Ranger School does not equal RASP, but it ain't a cakewalk.

>>42153270
They were given a Day 1 recycle like any other candidate.

>> No.42153332

>>42153270

Yes, but that is standard procedure and multiple men were allowed to as well. The requirements to pass aren't lowered during the retry.

>> No.42153358

>>42153228
Why do I get the feeling that you don't really hate being that guy at all?

Also I wouldn't get too proud of 2 out of 3.4 billion. I'm sure there are more women who could qualify...... and that the number will never even begin to approach the number of men who could qualify.

>> No.42153371

>>42151672
/thread

and no, i'm not him either

>>42152406
Nobody is saying that women cant fight at all retard.
They are just worse at it (in average), thats all.

It doesnt show that much in modern day warfare because they work mostly in non-combat positions or serve in armys who have the technological edge over their enemy.

>> No.42153381

>>42153358
>I'm sure there are more women who could qualify...... and that the number will never even begin to approach the number of men who could qualify.
Yes, what's your point?

>> No.42153384

>>42153358
Only crazy feminists would think that.

Only crazy MRAs would think >>42151672.

>> No.42153389
File: 61 KB, 640x683, gender_and_combat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42153389

The recent Ranger school debacle is a great example of why women don't work well in combat.

Set aside all the other downsides, the social-organizational aspects of women entryists in male organizations, ignore their long-term costs such as greater injury rates or alarmingly predictable mass pregnancies before deployments; and consider it from a narrow, mathematical lens.

Women specially chosen and prepared had a pass rate of about 10% in the most favorable light; to be fair, their pass rate is even lower when you include the women who dropped out of prep courses.

Off-the-shelf male volunteers have a pass rate of 45%.

Schools are expensive; they cost time, money, and there are a limited amount of openings.

So reducing the quality of your candidate pool makes the rate of acceptable graduates plummet.

If a school has 1000 training slots a year; then if 50% of the applicants are women, you get 275 graduates.

If all the applicants are men, you get 450 graduates. Merely removing women is a massive buff to production rate and the efficiency of the production rate.

>> No.42153397

>>42152651
>Total lay person, but I was under the impression that armor wasn't, for lack of a better term, sexed. So whenever women wore chest armor, they'd just wear armor with their chests tied down.

And that should be /thread.

>> No.42153412

How many years are you going to fall for this obvious bait, anon? Really, ask yourself: for how long will the topic of boob plate upset you?

>> No.42153441

>>42153389
I feel like I've seen this at least 5 times before.

>> No.42153445

>>42153412
As long as /pol/ and /r9k/ don't function as containment boards. So, forever.

>> No.42153456

>>42153445
>/pol/ is always right

>> No.42153457

>>42153412
Until entropy ushers in the heat death of the universe.

>> No.42153475

>>42153445
>wanting to hide truth because it hurts feelings

>> No.42153515

>>42153475
What hurt feelings? I'm just saying that
>Now, we allow female players to play female warriors in D&D and other RPGs, because, well, the entire RPG community is a bunch of white knights.
is fucking stupid. I'm not offended by someone being stupid or whatever, though, yeah I guess it makes me somewhat sad.

>> No.42153521
File: 66 KB, 460x450, I feel it.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42153521

If they can meet the standards (like the Ranger School girls) I don't see the problem. It's a free country, let them fight and die if they want to.

>> No.42153556

>>42153389

American Rangers
Pffft.
like they count.

>> No.42153580

>>42153521
but you're paying for 100 applicants to get 2 mediocre soldiers, that's huge waste of money

>> No.42153611

>>42153580
Having a large standing army despite being a first world nation is a huge waste of money

>> No.42153617

>>42153580
>that's huge waste of money

We are still talking about the American Military, right? Because I'm pretty sure they can't get an erection unless they are literally burning money.

>> No.42153620

>>42153580
Bruh, if they can make it through something big like that (Not RASP or BUDS kinda big, but still pretty big) I would hardly call them "mediocre".

>> No.42153622

I don't see different standards here.

http://www.cg.cfpsa.ca/cg-pc/Ottawa/EN/FitnessandSports/MilitaryFitness/CFexprestesting/Pages/NewCanadianArmedForcesminimumphysicalfitnessstandard.aspx

" Rather than testing fitness with the traditional push-ups, sit-ups, grip tests and endurance runs, the FORCE Program evaluates members’ ability to execute tasks that are directly linked to true-to-life physical challenges faced on military operations."

and
"All CAF members will be tested annually and will be required to achieve one common minimum standard, regardless of age and gender."

You can do you flexed arm hangs.
- we, in our "peacekeeping" capacity will kill people.

>> No.42153671

>>42153622
>we, in our "peacekeeping" capacity will kill people

How are you supposed to maintain peace without killing belligerents?

>> No.42153683

>>42151672

>Now, we allow female players to play female warriors in D&D and other RPGs, because, well, the entire RPG community is a bunch of white knights.

Nah, it's because it's already fantasy. You're absolutely right in that the notion of preindustrial female soldiers is almost entirely a myth, but we're already dealing with magic and elves and dragons and shit.

>> No.42153714

>>42153671
Diplomacy. Killing should always be a last resort.

>> No.42153775

>>42153714
Killing is a form of diplomacy.
War is no less legitimate of a way to discuss things than an economic summit.

>> No.42153868

>>42153775
Shaka, pls.

>> No.42153940

>>42153714
Diplomacy is not a magic word, it only occurs between entities with bargaining power. Nations without the power to defend themselves, economically, martially, or otherwise, don't get to negotiate.

>> No.42153982

>>42151936
>autism in his trip
At least it's fitting.

>> No.42154003
File: 41 KB, 500x294, 1430612653476.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154003

>>42151672
>Now, we allow female players to play female warriors in D&D and other RPGs, because, well, the entire RPG community is a bunch of white knights.

>> No.42154020

>>42153982
>can't prove him wrong
>resorts to insults

>> No.42154022

>>42152230
That's a horrible fetish you just gave me.

>> No.42154055

>>42152406
>Women fill vital roles.
Such as? Name one non-chairforce role in which women don't underperform.

>Inb4 something completely unrelated to combat like serving coffee

Look, I want a qt warrior gf as much as you do. The problem is that we need to face a reality in which women are incompetent shits and nothing like our waifus.

>> No.42154068

>>42154020
>caring about an argument with a stranger on the internet
I'm literally only in this thread to laugh at and insult people.

>> No.42154108
File: 9 KB, 225x225, 1438445349836.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154108

>>42154068
I can respect that.

>> No.42154112

Are there any examples of renowned female warriors?

>> No.42154155

>>42153620
Suppose they're just as good as male soldiers. It still took 20 females entering the course to get 2 graduates. If they'd been replaced with men, we would have gotten 9 graduates, of equal or better skill.

It's literally throwing away training slots for no reason, unless you count 'muh gender equalism feels' as a good reason for reducing training availability.

>>42153622
Look up the US military male vs female standards. Female maximums end where male minimums begin.

>> No.42154169

>>42153671
Oh no, I'm in 100% agreement.
I also think our Airborne got thrown under the bus dealing with those Somali shits.

>> No.42154188

>>42151672
>Now, we allow female players to play female warriors in D&D and other RPGs, because, well, the entire RPG community is a bunch of white knights.

Look, I don't give a fuck about women's role in war historical and in modern times, but what do you have against girls joining on your game of make believe? There's fucking wizards, a chick can pretend to be able to swing a sword bigger than herself is she wants.

>> No.42154205
File: 19 KB, 156x250, Oh Baby.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154205

>>42151672
>all the replies this got
>all the white knights
>all the people that actually got mad and ignored the facts of this post

>> No.42154206

>>42154155
Well then there is something wrong with the AMERICAN forces huh?
As much as you may want to say that your the best...you really aren't.

>> No.42154214
File: 228 KB, 1472x1544, 1437504246686.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154214

>>42154112
There's Jeanne d'Arc... but she never personally raised a sword against anyone, abhorred violence and her most impressive martial feat is taking three arrows to the chest and surviving.

Then there's the Order of the Hatchet, which was basically a bunch of desperate women grabbing household tools to defend their homes.

Then there's the Norse "shieldmaidens"... who almost exclusively fought in battles the Norse lost. You know, because they were used as a last-ditch effort in hopeless battles?

Long story short, the moment an ancient or medieval civilization starts bringing women out to the field they're getting really fucking desperate. Hell, that even applies to Jeanne d'Arc. Charles V had just inherited a country driven to ruin by his predecessor who was literally insane with no chance of victory. If this woman comes along claiming she can save France, why the fuck not? It's not like he had a better plan.

tl;dr part deux: Women literally need divine intervention to be competent. Literally.

>> No.42154224

>>42154112
Jean D'Arc, Huang Guigu, and Boudicca

>> No.42154225

>>42153441
Pretty sure it's copy-pasta. I've seen it in a few other threads, too.

>> No.42154238
File: 103 KB, 579x588, female and male strength.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154238

>>42154112
Joan of Arc, that one Japanese samurai waifu, a couple Russian snipers.

It's not impossible for individual women to do well in war; but evolution is a point-buy game, and women blew all theirs on wombs. Because life is a standard distribution like GURPS instead of a flat roll like D&D, that means that while individual women (read: PCs) may be able to compete equally with men, the male average will be higher than the female average, and the top shelf performers will also be men, not women.

>> No.42154243

>>42154214
Fair points, but what do they have to do with tabletop fantasy roleplaying?

>> No.42154257

>>42154205
>Now, we allow female players to play female warriors in D&D and other RPGs, because, well, the entire RPG community is a bunch of white knights.

I agree with him, but this line is just fucking stupid and sounds like the ranting of a bitter neckbeard.

>> No.42154260

>>42154112
does Boudica count?
The ancient Scythians?

There's also folklore (i.e., claimed its true but the only source is Marco Polo, who was just repeating what he heard) of Mongol Princess Aiyaruk, who bested in battle any man who tried to win her hand, and who inspired other female warriors and leaders.

>> No.42154276
File: 55 KB, 484x502, 1296804329876.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154276

>>42154238
>evolution is a point-buy game
God, the fucking retardation

>> No.42154305

>>42154257
Yeah, I agree.

>> No.42154306

>>42154276
Not that anon, but other than that hes pretty much correct in the post.

>> No.42154319

>>42154243
Someone asked a question and I gave an answer.

>>42154238
>Literally the strongest woman in the world barely surpasses the male average.

I could literally spend all my life jus eating cheetos and chances are my hand grip will still be stronger than that of the strongest woman in the world. As long as I don't develop rheumatism I should be fine.

>> No.42154324

>>42154243
Are you just pretending to be too retarded to grasp the context of his post?

>> No.42154330

>>42154238
>>42154224
>Jean D'Arc
>fighting
If you count sucking royal dick as fighting, sure

>> No.42154341

>>42154306
Yeah, yeah, I just cringe every time somebody uses "muh evolution" to win a stupid argument while completely misunderstanding it.

>> No.42154357
File: 7 KB, 263x208, 1409427781913.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154357

>>42154330
Not saying Jeanne was a warrior, just saying I can smell your teeth rotting all the way from here my English friend.

>> No.42154375

>>42154319
>I could literally spend all my life jus eating cheetos and chances are my hand grip will still be stronger than that of the strongest woman in the world. As long as I don't develop rheumatism I should be fine.
Not that other anon, but this is false. Those female athlestes were obviously not in a strength focused sport.

>> No.42154382

>>42154324
No, I got it. Females are not good combatants on average. I agree. I'm fully in-line with the wookie in >>42152399. I just don't see it as a reason to be against women warriors in a fantasy game. If that is off the track of his argument, I apologize. It's so easy to get sidetracked in these threads.

>> No.42154388

>>42154330
kek

>> No.42154402

>>42154382
It was the only point relevant to /tg/, and that guy fucking blew it because he can't keep his /pol/ out of his games.

Oh.

I guess we should all say hello to Varg.

>> No.42154431
File: 9 KB, 261x146, uo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154431

>>42154357
I'm German but no problem. We dislike the frogs aswell.

Its only fitting that their most heroic historical figure was a peasant roastie who sold her ass for 5 mins of fame and got roasted by the teafags a few years later.

>> No.42154457

>>42154431
Better than having none, fucking Teuton.

>> No.42154506
File: 38 KB, 300x229, 1420755769516[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154506

>>42154431
Alsace is French

>> No.42154521

>>42154431
Our most heroic historical figure is probably Napoléon rather than Jeanne. Everyone had a hard-on for Napoléon.

>> No.42154612
File: 129 KB, 800x986, 800px-Blücher_(nach_Gebauer).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154612

>>42154457
Stay pleb

>> No.42154662

>>42154612
>Prussians
>Having a culture worth speaking of

Pick one.

>> No.42154692
File: 129 KB, 1020x722, 817_001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154692

>>42154662
The north will rise again

>> No.42154718

>best way to handle women warriors

Homeguard. Say you're being invaded, and your army loses, but just barely. Or even gets pummeled. When the raiding starts, it's a good idea to have your womenfolk trained to be able to swing an axe or jab a spear and run a certain distance, or carry X weight, or just know what the fuck to do and how to organize.

In a fantasy setting, this means even more when goblins raid or something; everyone being capable of defending the village can do so, but it's still the men that man the militia. Now, in a TTRPG setting, this limitation is less meaningful, and female PCs should be normal, of all classes and professions. But in a fluffy sort of way, for say, a novel... well what I'm suggesting might just be the best way. Women can make some pretty badass support units, you dig? And don't even tell me the story of Brunhilde the Basher isn't just as awesome around the fire about her beating up some invading bandits as it is going out to find the bandits with some troops. It's just as cool, and Brunhilde would still be a character any woman would want to see in a story; even SJWs couldn't complain legitimately about it.

>> No.42154761

>>42154260
>Boudica
she was mostly known for her incompetence
>have 200 000 poorly armed soldiers
>lose against 10 000

>> No.42154796

>>42154431
>German
>800 000
>0
>0

>0
>0
>0

>> No.42154810
File: 1.20 MB, 600x338, Armor Threads.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154810

>>42151512

Shit, am I late to the party?

>> No.42154824

>>42153775
Why do I feel this is something donald trump would say

>> No.42154844
File: 330 KB, 1200x876, 1428783988152.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154844

Can we go back to arguing but also posting art of women in armor? That's the only positive thing to come out of these threads.

>> No.42154872

>>42154824
And he would be right

>> No.42154897
File: 117 KB, 372x351, 1400650131088[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42154897

>>42154872
Meanwhile back in the real world it's actually more reminiscent of Sun Tzu and Von Clausewitz.

>> No.42155094
File: 84 KB, 550x360, Archery-Amazons-o-fthe-Bow.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42155094

>>42151672
>>42154205
I know this is a bait post, but if you seriously think women didn't contribute to the worlds war history you're deluding yourself. Every society has legends in their history of female warrior groups, from the greeks with the Amazons to the Shulu tribe all female warrior regiments. Even the ones less reliable, like the female Samurai, have to at least be based in fact. Legends and stories don't just pop out of nowhere.

>> No.42155105

>>42151672
>are there any examples of female arm-
>WOMEN CAN'T BE WARRIORS, MUH HISTORICAL ACCURACY, BUNCH OF WHITE KNIGHTS

>> No.42155149

>>42155094
>legends and stories don't just pop out of nowhere

Yes, anon, because imagination literally did not exist until the 20th century.

>> No.42155151

>>42154897
Are you implying that Sun Tzu and Von Clausewitz didn't understand their shit, smug anime nigger?

>> No.42155166
File: 189 KB, 480x424, 1436977451811.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42155166

>>42155094
>Every society has legends in their history of female warrior groups
Every society also has legends about monsters fucking humans, yet I'm not delusional enough to expect my snake waifu to become real anytime soon.

>> No.42155192
File: 24 KB, 220x298, Nadezhda_Durova.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42155192

>>42154112

>> No.42155246

>>42154810
I just wanted to know if there was ANY historical context for boobplate in ARMOUR.
All of this other shit is fecal secondaries.

>> No.42155282

>>42154431
>most heroic historical figure was a peasant roastie who sold her ass for 5 mins of fame and got roasted by the teafags a few years later.
Napoleon did not sell his ass, but the rest is true

>> No.42155289

>>42155105
Exactly what happened.
It's like I asked an honest question (related to the current shit going on with the new star wars movie) and instead it was like dumping bloody buckets of fish guts in the water.

>> No.42155322

>>42155289
What did you expect? This board is infested by tumblr and /pol/ spillover. You're going to get facts on why women are incompetent and hurt feelings whether you like it or not.

If you really want an answer: boob armor is retarded.

>> No.42155333

>>42151672

> We allow
Who the fuck put "you" in charge, cumstain? Don't speak for all of us.

The whole gaming community is dominated by the male geek, but seriously, play != real life and that's the whole point of it, 'cus real life sucks. Playing pretend you can do whatever you want and be something you can't be IRL. Cowboys and Indians, cops and robbers, wizards and warriors, pirates, knights and (ugh) princesses.

I love every facet of gaming, and if anything, I try to make people have a good time regardless of their gender.

That being said, I can't stand entitled chick gamers who believe they can get whatever they want just because of their chromosomes.

>> No.42155360
File: 86 KB, 671x1200, 100% Okay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42155360

>>42154844
I'm okay with this.

Speaking of boobplate/not boobplate. This image makes me really conflicted. It's pretty good character design all around, but it's just one shade too far into the silly scale to take it seriously as character art.

>> No.42155369 [SPOILER] 
File: 441 KB, 4500x4334, 1440808783936.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42155369

>>42155333
you seem to be rather upset
>Who the fuck put "you" in charge, cumstain? Don't speak for all of us.
I voted for him

>> No.42155371

>>42154112
Lyudmila Pavlichenko?
I only got her after a google though

>> No.42155383

>>42155360
it's the heels isn't it?

>> No.42155388

>>42153940
He's probably used to 3.5, where rolling a dice magically makes the insane murderous religious extremist who's out to revenge his dead family have a change of heart to help out the heathens he met 10 seconds ago.

>> No.42155433

>>42155383
The heels, the 'I'm very clearly not wearing armor on my fantastic fucking tits', and the weird pistons coming off her shoulders and knees.

It's still really good though.

>> No.42155436

>>42154112
Qin Liangyu of the Ming Dynasty
Khutulun niece of Kublai Khan cited by numerous chroniclers of the time, including Marco Polo.

>> No.42155502

Making room for boobs in a breastplate is ridiculous. Boobs are easily compressed, even without the modern stretchy fabric they use in sports bras. Also consider that women in a period where plate armour would be considered viable would be far cries from the blubbery giants of today's average woman, and not likely to be of excess bosom.

I'm not taking a position on whether or not they DID wear armour, only positing that they COULD have.

>> No.42155586

>>42155502
Just because they can be compressed doesn't mean they should anon. Let the boobs breethe.

>> No.42155594

>>42155502
How can you easily compress DDs? Because in fantasy-land that's minimum

>> No.42155617

>>42155166
;~;

>> No.42155639

>but when I was in the US Navy

Pogue Squid GTFO. Till you have humped the Hindu Kush with a rifle, armor, kevlar helmet, ammo, ammo for the SAW gunner and M240B, 60mm mortar rounds, batteries, chow and water with a full sustainment load I don't want to hear your PC BS. Women have no place in an infantry platoon. And have limited use in most of the military.

The drama and bullshit when you place 20 year old men and women in tight quarters in dangerous/boring situations makes my head spin as an NCO. I actually pity those that have to lead mixed units. Everyone is fucking everyone else.

Why the fuck we as professional warriors are allowing the PC feel good shit to invade our domain I will never know. Less then 3% of Americans have served in the military fewer still in war time and of that only a fraction of that in a direct action combat role. Why do the SJW and pussy politicians that have never served a day in their life get to make policy on this issue? Why do we as a culture not expect coed sports where the stakes are a game, but demand coed combat units where the stakes are life and death?

There are a small minority of women that are born again hard and can hack it. It will destroy there bodies and small light bones far faster then men (who it also breaks down quickly) this still doesn't change the under laying social issues and the way men behave around women. Does anyone honestly believe that the standards are the same for men and women just because some general who is a professional politician says they are and ram rods those standards down the chain of command. The result is degraded training for everyone.

At the end of the day the military has one job and it isn't social justice proving grounds. The military's one and only job is to kill people and break their things. Anything which detracts from this mission and endangers the lives of military members cannot be and must not be tolerated.

>> No.42155649
File: 8 KB, 247x401, le_scheming_rosbif.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42155649

>>42154330
Rosbif detected

>> No.42155668

>>42155639
tl;dr?

>> No.42155673

>>42152826
>Look at Napoleonic uniforms with their artery-crushing tight pants and starched collars that could break your neck for example.

And they still are more comfortable than boob plate.

Your point? Boobplate is still unpractical and retarded.

>> No.42155683

>>42155333
> just because of their chromosomes
Boobs.
Never underestimate the boobs.

>> No.42155707

>>42152826
Reenactor here. Those uniforms aren't as uncomfortable as they look.

Wear that shit for a week straight and you have to get comfortable in it.

>> No.42155709

>>42155668
The entire concept of tl;dr is cancer. Take the time to actually read something, you fucking neanderthal.
Jesus it's like everyone has an aversion to messages that are more than a tweet long.

>> No.42155724

>>42155668
women won't ever cut it as soldiers

>> No.42155744

>>42155668
weakbones should not try to get themselve killed

>> No.42155750

>>42152826
>If you have fighting women in your setting, no reason not to have a little boobplate.
But there's also no reason to have it.

>> No.42155751

>>42155639
>invade our domain
>our domain
Uh............

>> No.42155774

>>42155750
than there is no reason to not give woman -4STR

>> No.42155813

>>42155774
There absolutely is a reason, and thats
>Playing D&D

>> No.42155818

>>42155751
average 4chaner would be better soldier than 98% of woman. Proof? Forced conscripts from anytime

>> No.42155854

>>42153107
Wow, even with sculpted nipples. What IMAGINABLE reason could they have for that? Were the boob-cups not enough to get the point across?

>> No.42155857

>>42155813
your point is not valid enough.
I got an Idea, why not just give all men generic +4STR, that way women wont suffer -4STR

>> No.42155865
File: 31 KB, 353x522, Portrait-of-Ching-Shih.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42155865

>>42154112
mother fucking Ching Shih

>She was a Chinese prostitute who married a pirate and rose to prominence after his death. Regarded as one of the most powerful pirates in human history she commanded her husband's fleet after his death. While the fleet she inherited was already large she further increased the number of ships and crew. At its height her fleet was composed of more than 1,500 ships and 80,000 sailors. She controlled much of the waters of the South China Sea. After years of piracy where British, Chinese and Portuguese navies could not defeat her China offered her peace in 1810 and she was able to retire and married the second in command.

>> No.42155869

>>42155751
He meant like a website, he's really big on web design.

>> No.42155871
File: 131 KB, 528x293, tumblr_nsy088ZVey1qejqaxo1_540.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42155871

>>42155818

>> No.42155872

>>42155818

>average 4channer would be a better soldier than 98% of women

lol, no.

literally all of this "I-I"M A BIG STRONG WARRIOR WOMEN ARE WEAK" crap comes from men who know that- despite the fact that men are on average physically stronger than women- are somehow terrified and confused by them, and could probably have their asses kicked very easily by a woman who knows what she's doing.

like myself. i've beaten guys 2x my size. stay mad.

>> No.42155905

>>42155865
Yet there are very few entertainment cliches of female Asian pirates

>> No.42155912

>>42155872

>all the furious out of shape, lazy, cowardly neckbeards who will respond to this angrily

i'm getting my popcorn.

>> No.42155943

>>42155668
War beaks people
Women are more easily broken

>> No.42155951

>>42155586
I'll have you know that sports bras are super goddamn comfy, like a supportive embrace that lasts all day and says "hey, I've got you gurl. You do you, and I'll be right here with you." Fuck going without- that's for hippies with tiny tits.

>> No.42155954

>>42155872
Delivered with very little tact by someone who is probably a moron.

Still more or less correct.

>> No.42155955
File: 2.81 MB, 300x168, Are they ded.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42155955

>>42155818
>average 4chaner would be better soldier than 98% of woman.

>> No.42155964

>>42155872
what you gonna do if 4channer will try to roll on you from the hill? Checkmate weakbones

>> No.42155979

>>42153358
It was 2 out of 19 who tried.
That's 10.5%

By way of comparison, 381 men participated, and only 94 graduated, or 24.6%.

Given the incredibly small sample size (2 girls either way, would have made the difference between 0% and about even,) I'm gonna say that yeah, girls who wanna be asskickers can be asskickers.

>> No.42155993

>>42155639
>being this buttblasted about having to listen to civilians

>> No.42156003

>>42155818
yes this is 'rasslin
no she aint no roid fueled she-hulk
yes this isn't some sword and board arena fight
the point still stands, lol no

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IgRs7_kBGI

>> No.42156058

>>42156003
and he's not average 4channer, your point is invalid

>> No.42156081

>>42156058
you're right, the average 4channer is not even in half as good shape as this goober.

>> No.42156090

>>42155993
the poster he was responding to was a navy vet

>> No.42156117

>>42155872
Pls be in London

>> No.42156123

>>42156081
and that's why average 4channer wont lose. He will win by not fighting. Get Sun Tzued, bitch

>> No.42156176
File: 301 KB, 270x271, fry.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42156176

>>42156123
You. I like you.

>> No.42156196

>>42155594
In fantasy land, they don't need to be compressed. They only go where you want them to, even when jogging or swinging your sword.

>> No.42156207
File: 1.50 MB, 320x180, mindblown.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42156207

>>42156123

>> No.42156236

>>42155865

Being an effective leader and politically ruthless are not the same as being a physically competent warrior.

>> No.42156255

>>42155639
Look at this fuckin' boot. Look at it and laugh.

>> No.42156266

>>42155818
You do understand most conscripts where mentally and physically fit men of military age who were given a meager amount of training and were expected to route at the first sign of real danger, right?

>> No.42156312

>>42156266
But why weren't they women? Because women can't even manage to
>stand in a line without pissing themselves
>not suck cocks when lives are at stake
>march a reasonable distance without literally dying

That's the thing about humanity: every man is a potential warrior and every woman a potential womb, yet it's sexism to treat them accordingly. Women are walking wombs, nothing more.

>> No.42156344
File: 83 KB, 310x403, tips zucchetto.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42156344

>>42156312
>Women are walking wombs, nothing more.

>> No.42156395

I look forward to cybernetics and genetic tailoring not because of the advancements possible within the human species, nor the possibility of immortality, but instead the fact that stupid conversations like this would finally be able to be put to bed for good on /tg/.

>> No.42156412

>>42156312
Wasn't it less "women can't hack it" and more women were expected to stay at home due to societal conventions? Just a guess.

>> No.42156418

>>42155854
Never underestimate the vanity of lewd south-Asian noblewomen.

>> No.42156431

>>42153611
Not really, america's INSANE level of military spending basically ensures that there will be 1st world peace among the 1st and 2nd worlds.

Also when you run occupations like those in germany, iraq, afganistan, and japan you need the boots on the ground

>> No.42156435

I thought this was neat

https://youtu.be/zL2VZVuflXk?t=1m7s

>> No.42156443
File: 15 KB, 299x200, 1427762070503.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42156443

>>42156312
And the fact that feminists can't see the importance in motherhood or the inherent dignity of their gender and thinks women have to mimic the masculine to have any worth is kind of sexist in itself.

>> No.42156487

>>42156412
>Wasn't it less "women can't hack it" and more women were expected to stay at home due to societal conventions?
Do you think some retard just pulled these conventions out of his ass and everyone obeyed them until we, enlightened end euphoric individuals, pointed out that these conventions are retarded? Or did they actually make perfect sense given the reality of the time and did we just abolish them because abundence has made us overly sensitive to the point where hurting someone's feelings is punishable? Food for thought.

>> No.42156517

>>42155872
Show us your tits.

>> No.42156534

>>42156487
>hurr abundance ruined everything
Go back to your reservation, chief.

>> No.42156536

>>42156487
I dunno, women couldn't really do it in pre-industrial warfare(with a few exceptions), but post-industrial is a bit different.

>> No.42156541

>>42156431
>america's INSANE level of military spending
3% of America's total GDP. That's only slightly more than the 2% America is obligated to spend on its military due to NATO. By the way, America is the only country besides France and Britain that actually fullfills that obligation (with Britain standing at exactly 2% and France at 1.9% (close enough I guess)). All other NATO parties horribly underspend, it's not America that's overspending. America's budget is huge because everything in America is huge.

Same with America's total debt and it's debt as a percentage of its total GDP.

>> No.42156579

>>42156534
No one said that, and you can't deny the lack of any real problems isn't the cause of all the muh feels politics.

>> No.42156581

>>42156534
>Not studying the decline and fall of Rome
>Not being familliar with Calhoun's mouse utopia
Alright mate, keep whining about your hurt feelings.

>>42156536
Because post-industrial soldiers never have to march and never have to fight hand-to-hand and never have to carry gear, the wounded or the dead, right? It's just using a weightless rooty-tooty-point-and-shooty and going pewpewpew, right?

>> No.42156587

>>42156541
>America's budget is huge because everything in America is huge.
Why does stuff like this make me feel so patriotic? I don't know if it should, but it do.

>> No.42156611

>>42156581
>never have to march and never have to fight hand-to-hand and never have to carry gear, the wounded or the dead, right?
This isn't really Atlas-tier stuff I hope you realize.

>> No.42156621

>>42156587
Because you are a citizen of the currently strongest country in the world, maybe?

>> No.42156656

>>42156536
>post-industrial is a bit different

Avg woman in the military can't throw a grenade far enough to not kill themselves.

Avg woman in the military have a tough time holding an M4 properly due to lack of upper body strength

Avg woman in the military have a tough time racking the slide on the M9

Just let that sink in for a second.

>> No.42156667

>>42155905
Probably because that sort of character would seem so obviously fetishy and unbelievable that nobody would take her seriously even if based on true events.

>> No.42156668
File: 185 KB, 2000x1500, Destiny.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42156668

>>42156621

>> No.42156674

I feel sorry for OP if he actually wanted some breast-plate examples. Little did he know there are anons on tg who think it's funny to bait and shitpost whenever this shit comes up.

>> No.42156681
File: 25 KB, 223x198, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42156681

>ITT

>> No.42156696

>>42156611
Can you people just not grasp the concept of sexual dimorphism and how men are biologically made more able to perform physical tasks?

>> No.42156714

>>42156621
America will always be the strongest country, even when it isn't America anymore.

We've become such a monument to military conquest and human cruelty that when someone finally does defeat us, they'll adopt our regalia and titles. Like how the Germans had Kaisers and the Russians had Czars, all in imitation of Caesar.

There will always be some mad dictator in the irradiated post-apocalyptic wasteland calling himself "President" and waving a tattered American flag around.

>> No.42156727

>>42156696
I'm just here to call the "lesser = unfit" posters faggots.

>> No.42156729

>>42156714
I'm sure Rome thought the same thing

>> No.42156752
File: 91 KB, 1230x649, Paladins.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42156752

>>42156714
This post excites me greatly.

>> No.42156755

>>42156611
>This isn't really Atlas-tier stuff I hope you realize
Of course not, but it's above and beyond what most women can do, or at least what most women can do at the required tempo. Post-Cold War military engagements are generally asymmetrical engagements in which small, modern groups have to perform at top level. A woman will slow such a group down. It's the difference between spending 2 hours marching through the mountains to reach a certain point and marching 3 hours to reach that same point. The difference between bringing 3 wounded men back alive and bringing just 2 wounded men back alive. It's the difference between GTFO-ing from a hotspot in time and getting shot to bits.

And of course women are insufferable whores without proper social control, which means they'll end up getting pregnant on the bill of the state. Don't believe me?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Acadia_(AD-42)

>Active for 10 years
>Somehow 10% of female crew manage to get pregnant
Not 10% who acted like total whores, 10% who acted like retarded total whores. If you're an American, this is where that aforementioned 3% GDP goes to: to provide for retarded whores and their spawn that will end up underperforming and delinquent because they lack a proper father figure. Good show.

>> No.42156764
File: 253 KB, 640x300, president.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42156764

>>42156714
vote Camacho!

>> No.42156804

There's a lot of women disguising themselves as men to go into combat. Some of it's anecdotal, but some appears to have historic evidence backing it up. That would take some big ol' brass ovaries, that's all I'm saying.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_warfare_(1500-1699)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_18th-century_warfare

>> No.42156817

>>42156764
So, that's the guy that takes over after Trump dies of hairspray poisoning during his fifth term, right?

>> No.42156861
File: 176 KB, 900x1280, 1428722872364.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42156861

>>42156817
silly anon, he didn't die of hairspray poisoning, he was engulfed in holy flame by the allfather, so that he may ascend and lead the fight against the demons of hell.

>> No.42156887

>>42156418
then shit, they should've gone whole-hog and put golden nipple-rings on the armor.

>> No.42156890

>>42156804
>a lot
Even if you could name a million examples (you can't) that'd still be less than a percent of the total number of warriors across that timespan.

>> No.42156945

>>42156890
he probably wont find enough to defend thermopylae for 2 days

>> No.42156946

>>42156729
There were Kaisers and Czars for centuries after Rome, so, they were kind of right.

>> No.42156955

>>42156804
i love those lists

billions of men fight throught history and about maybe a thousand examples of woman taking the field (most out of desperation).

statistically speaking it just proves the point many anons are making in this thread, that women fighters being common are unrealistic.

This argument not about wheter women should be allowed to play a fighter in DnD but to counter the argument that boob armor is unrealistic and should be discarded

>> No.42157064

>>42156890
And I'm saying having females in a military role in a role playing game is STILL more based in reality than a person who can conjure fireballs or big ass flying lizards.

Fuck, look at the consequences some of these women faced for their deception- best case was 'here's your knighthood, but you're fired from the army and you have to wear a skirt now.' Worst? Yeah we're gonna go ahead and have your head chopped off for committing a sin in the eyes of god.

Say what you want, I still find it pretty damn interesting.

>> No.42157065
File: 33 KB, 436x347, clj02 8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157065

>>42156946
Not to mention how the podium where the President stands during the State of the Union is still adorned with two Roman fasces.

>> No.42157108

>>42157064
Remember that the who argument is basically

>Boob armor is unrealistic and as such shouldn't be incorporated into fantasy art.

>> No.42157145

>>42155360
>It's pretty good character design all around

>> No.42157212
File: 1.12 MB, 1200x1800, Armored Girl 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157212

>> No.42157242

>>42156955
>counter the argument that boob armor is unrealistic and should be discarded

Oh, fuck. You're right, I let myself get completely derailed. You are again, right, boob plate is ENTIRELY in the realm of fictional bullshit decoration only. There would be no historic examples because it simply wasn't made for women specifically. Even If a woman DID wear armour, there's no need for boob plate anyway, given that things are easily smooshed and padded down.

However, I can't help but find these examples of women taking up arms a hell of a lot more engaging to my creativity than some dude going into battle like all the other boring faceless grunts alongside.

>> No.42157262

>>42156667
But the walking geisha doll caricature in the Wolverine was okay and taken seriously?

>> No.42157270
File: 970 KB, 500x280, fetish.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157270

>>42157212
>>42155865
>>42152651

Is it bad that i get a hard on, imagining meeting these women on the battlefield, defeating them, and inseminating them?

>> No.42157293

>>42156714
>There will always be some mad dictator in the irradiated post-apocalyptic wasteland calling himself "President" and waving a tattered American flag around.


Not even American but damn the though of that made my dick hard

Fuck, this should be in someone's next campaign

>> No.42157326
File: 498 KB, 500x293, leanandclap.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157326

>>42152389
Jesus christ this, it's fucking fantasy.

>> No.42157330

>>42157270
Nah, it's cool.

What is wrong is that the idea of raping a female enemy warrior bothers you, but you wouldn't hesitate to kill the male warriors on her side.

>> No.42157368

>>42157330
The idea of raping male enemy warriors also bothers me. Damn it, what's with all this battlefield rape? Can't we just kill the warriors and rape the civilians like normal people?

>> No.42157381

>>42157368
>Can't we just kill the warriors and rape the civilians like normal people?

What, like a peasant?

>> No.42157397

>>42157368
It's a shitload more alpha to rape a violent opponent than a cowering civilian.

>> No.42157412

>>42157368
>can't we just kill the warriors and rape the civilians like normal people?
whats the point, you might as well spill your seed on the ground.

>> No.42157413

>>42156312
Ok, that's bullshit. I've marched General Jackson's 12 miles amidst (admittedly) blank firem sweltering heat, and exhaustion from close to zero sleep and prior firefights. Alongside me where a few women from my unit, and they marched like fucking champs, loaded faster than any man could, and fought with as much heart as any other rebel on that field.

Get fucked, Yankee.

>> No.42157432

>>42157242
>women taking up arms a hell of a lot more engaging to my creativity than some dude going into battle like all the other boring faceless grunts alongside
idk, you sound like turbo-gay. Are you a woman?

>> No.42157439

>>42157397
>>42157368
This.

Defeating a strong woman and raping her definitely triggers some superior complex and makes your penis hard

>> No.42157440
File: 663 KB, 2084x2388, Artemisia of Caria.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157440

>>42151512
Apparently, Artemisia was known to wear armor when commanding her ships in battle. So much so that Xerxes awarded her a custom suit of armor made of pure gold as a reward at the end of the campaign.

>that feel when the 300 sequel completely fucked up her character

>> No.42157455

>>42157413
Nice anecdote. All of it. Including the part where I'm American.

>> No.42157470

>>42157368
>Not wanting to dominate your opponent
>Not wanting to release your seed on his glistening muscles as he whimpers in fear and shame

What are you, gay?

>> No.42157483

>>42157440
So what happened to the sexy gold armor?

>> No.42157492

>>42157455
Any man who doesn't love General Lee is a yankee. Any man who isn't an American is a European Yankee.

>> No.42157494

>>42157470
Its gay if you're fucking a boy old enough to marry. Otherwise its just Thursday.

>> No.42157498

>>42151936
>Virt, we all know it's you.

>> No.42157523

>>42157498
Who are you quoting?

>> No.42157556

>>42157523
burn_autism is a fairly well known alternate tripcode used by Virtualoptim

>> No.42157580

>>42157330
>but you wouldn't hesitate to kill the male warriors on her side
bothering by decreasing competition, you're what, gay?

>> No.42157615

>>42155673
You could have as well said boobplate literally causes cancer; calm down there bucko. Boobplate would be as comfortable as any other plate armor. It's mainly the physics of it that make hits to the chest more dangerous that are the problem. What I'm saying is that if your setting has fighting women and at the same time generous amounts of breast showing are what it considers fashionable (which is another can of worms, sure) then I see no problem with female warriors wearing it.

>> No.42157630

>>42157556
So, you were saying that VirtualOptim said something along the lines of "Virt, we all know it's you"?

That makes no sense, anon.

>> No.42157640
File: 40 KB, 717x456, arm821.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157640

>>42151512
Stabby nipple Indo-persian armour. Not really boobplate, but pretty interesting nonetheless.

Now I'll return to lurking this thread to laugh at angry nerds on both sides. Because with this much autism, all you can do is smile.

>> No.42157642
File: 29 KB, 222x211, 1343006659119.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157642

>Why are you putting boob plate in this I'm triggered by what other people like and it's not realistic!

>Well women having a significant presence on the battlefield is already unrealistic, so it's not really a big deal

>But my unsubstantiated myths! and these female nobles who spent some of their infinite wealth on a set of armor they wore while watching battles! Here, let me dump 500 images of women wearing LARP prop armor, but no helmet, cause that would cover up the make up and hairspray

>> No.42157672
File: 112 KB, 1033x737, 1ZRBi7W.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157672

>>42157640
>implying that's not master ruseman from 70 different devices
>implying it wasn't all me

>> No.42157685
File: 79 KB, 755x534, Paul Armour 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157685

The suit on the end has a very female shillouette

>> No.42157693

>>42156443
Women can offer more to society than just being mothers and "dignity"

>> No.42157695
File: 86 KB, 605x598, a wizard.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157695

>>42152168
I don't give a fuck about your gender politics, I just hate the fact that you posted a chick in mail when we are looking for boobplate.

>> No.42157701

>>42157630
No, that guy's quoting burn_autism, and is saying "We know it's you virt, you ain't fooling anyone." I don't know why that anon put it in greentext, but he really isn't fooling anyone.

Virt is the shitpostiest shitposter to ever shitpost.

>> No.42157714
File: 74 KB, 346x512, M081179-88.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157714

This engraving of Isabella I of Castille sort of has boobplate.

>> No.42157738

>>42155151
No, he's implying Donald trump doesn't know his shit.

>> No.42157744

>>42157701
>Virt is the shitpostiest shitposter to ever shitpost.
I envy the blessed who have never experienced RBC.

>> No.42157753

>>42157492
Well Yankee means American so Europeans can't be American. And you are an American 'Yankee'

>> No.42157762
File: 251 KB, 726x1235, Gothic plate.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157762

>>42157685
No, that's just how that type of armor looked.

>> No.42157770
File: 2.72 MB, 240x234, 788.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42157770

>>42154319
>I could literally spend all my life jus eating cheetos and chances are my hand grip will still be stronger than that of the strongest woman in the world.
I can practically smell the fucking delusion.

>> No.42157792

>>42157642
>wearing LARP prop armor, but no helmet, cause that would cover up the make up and hairspray
Damn, I had to go through whole thread and really only in 3 pictures woman have helmet and only ONE has full-helmet

>> No.42157799

>>42157440
Wow, he must have really hated her, to make her wear solid gold armor. Shit protection and heavy as fuck-all.

>>42157413
It's been 130 years. Get the fuck over it. The South will not rise again.

>> No.42157804

>>42157440
>gold armor on board a ship
Sounds like he wanted her to drown.

>> No.42157853

>>42157762
Exactly. Right.
And it's not gay if you believe there's a woman in there. Now, where's my oil?

>> No.42157866

>>42157799
>>42157804
It was given to her at the end of the war, not as a practical thing. Basically, instead of just paying her in gold coins, Xerxes had the gold made into armor because he was a lulzy troll like that.

>> No.42157919

>>42157762
Whats the deal with the pointy feet? Seems like more of a hindrance than a boon.
Unless he spends all of his time on horseback

>> No.42157935

>>42157792
What if we are just assuming everyone with a helmet is a guy?

>> No.42157941

>>42157804
Artemesia was a psychotic mercenary. Bane with tits, if you will. And she killed hundreds of Persian sailors, and tricked Xerxes into sending his best general to a certain death.

Wouldn't you want her to drown?

>> No.42157959

>>42157919
You've obviously never kicked a foe in the balls while wearing pointy metal shoes.

>> No.42157982

>>42157498
When I hit the reply button, I accidentally copied something into the reply box and didn't delete it properly. Fucking calm down guys.

>> No.42157998

>>42157941
Yes. Yes I would.

>> No.42158000

>>42157919
Google sabaton. No, not the band. Yeah, those weren't typically used on land, but the sole reason they were there was to emulate the fashionable types of civilian footwear at the time. Oh look, someone sacrificing practicality for good looks? Hmph, totally unrealistic bullshit.

>> No.42158070

>>42157935

Probably a decent assumption, I mean, if he's got a helmet, he's probably a real soldier

>> No.42158089

>>42158000
In the end we are all slaves to fashion.

>> No.42158098

>>42154692
Not as long as it speaks slav

which will be forever

>> No.42158156

>>42157799
I know we aren't rising again, doesn't mean I don't want to take place in General Lee's masterpiece a few months before I take place in General Lee's biggest mistake.

>> No.42158272
File: 35 KB, 480x320, trungs2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42158272

>>42157642
>>42157642
Trac and Nhi Trung- Two sisters who used martial arts and an 80,000 woman army to drive the Chinese out of Vietnam.

>> No.42158274

>>42158070
You got me. I honestly didn't see that coming.

>> No.42158290

>>42152389
5 star post
You are the only mother fucker in here speaking any sense.

>> No.42158351

>>42158272
>to drive the Chinese out of Vietnam.

They didn't. That's 20th century Marxist Vietnamese propaganda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tr%C6%B0ng_Sisters#Defeat

>> No.42158442

>>42157799
>It's been 130 years. Get the fuck over it. The South will not rise again.

The south will not rise again because of political correctness lmao

>> No.42158591

>>42152610
What the fuck is wrong with you

>> No.42158607

>>42152634
I really like this one

>> No.42158652

>>42154692
The North Remembers

And the mummer's farce is almost done.

>> No.42158799

>>42152399

5'6 130lb men aren't gonna be front-line soldiers either. No shitstorm needed.

Now the (heavyweight) varsity womens rowing team at my college? At average height 5'8 and 150lbs they'd easily qualify (except for pullups for reasons still not fully understood by physical trainers).

>> No.42158901

>>42158799

I should say my college is Div3 and it's a club team. A Div1 team would have a much larger average height and weight for their female rowers.

>> No.42158915
File: 49 KB, 105x297, tfw House Bolton.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42158915

>>42157368
I don't even want to rape.

>> No.42158987

>>42152399
Truth is, the more examples and more real it gets the further they sink into their fantasy(s). This unending search for quantifiable statisics yields only parody. Dissension isn't omnipotence and it will never be the antidote for reality. Unfortunately, most people learn valuable lessons the hard way, and everything reaches a critical mass at some point. At some point, reality, evolution, natural order will come calling and the unprepared, the over confident, and woefully misled will be humbled and shown their place, again. Rabbits can't hunt with wolves, no matter how much they cry, it's fruitless. Certainty is mortality.

>> No.42159042

>>42153714
Fuck diplomacy, we are fighting mudslime so the only moral option is genoside

>> No.42159079

>>42157413
You are a pussy, and a pouge.
Go home to your burrow little man.

>> No.42159101

>>42159042
Agreed
Gwar "let us slay"
For sure

>> No.42159128
File: 22 KB, 456x284, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
42159128

>>42155617
I know right, fuck this gay earth

>> No.42159207

>>42155709
Amen brother burn the illiterate heathens!

>> No.42159283

>>42157413
And you lost, cuck

>> No.42159308

>>42156123
Huh..well god damn

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action