Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
[ERROR] No.41611656 [Reply] [Original] [4plebs] [archived.moe]

"No! No more kidnapping!"

Kaori scolds me as I grab onto the new girl that we found here. She wants to run away, but I'm keeping her pinned to the ground.
"But-"
"No! Masami. If she wants to go, just let her run away. Let her live her whole life here if she wants. It's not your say, it's hers."

I am Itsukuma Masami. This morning, I found out that there's a person living inside one of my cards! Oh no! She doesn't seem to want to leave either, and Kaori won't let me drag her out of here!
We have the sneaking suspicion that she is the human emodiment of my card, Cirrus. Why would she stay here instead of leaving like Julie and Haruko? Those are questions I've been trying to ask her.

It's all really confusing.
I remember Cirrus being a card that I got during my first visit to Fortune. She used to be a giant monster with an axe. She remembers some parts of it, but doesn't want to talk about the other parts.

Oh and she remembers a woman with long black hair.

"Masami, let go."
"Hold on! Hold on!"

I have a plan.

"Hey, heeey. Hey." I nudge the squirming girl.
"WHAT?" She snaps back with a teary sob.

"Do you want to come meet that black-haired woman?"
"B-but." The girl is on the edge of another sob, "She told me not to go with strangers."
"It's fine if you go meet her though, right? You can come back any time you want."

She puts her hands to her face, and wipes away a tear.

--

"-So, that's what we found."

I just finished telling Mom about everything I saw when I went into Cirrus' card. The girl, the endless sky-
And how I somehow still have her card, despite the fact she's standing right next to me.

"Um." Mom seems confused, "I'm not sure I understand."

>Thats okay, neither do I
>Ask where Cirrus came from
>Ask why her card didn't disappear like Haruko and Julie's
>Ask again about the cards, try to piece together everything you know about them.
>Ask if this could be used to turn someone human
>Other?

>> No.41611742

>>41611656
>Thats okay, neither do I
>Ask why her card didn't disappear like Haruko and Julie's

>> No.41611744

>>41611656
>>Thats okay, neither do I
>>Ask again about the cards, try to piece together everything you know about them.

>> No.41611746

>>41611656
>Ask why her card didn't disappear like Haruko and Julie's
>Ask if this could be used to turn someone human

>> No.41611777

Archive: http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/QM_CardHeart
Pastebin: http://pastebin.com/E9ZihSBV

>> No.41611894

>>41611656
>Ask where Cirrus came from
>Ask why her card didn't disappear like Haruko and Julie's

>> No.41611993

>>41611656
>Thats okay, neither do I
>Ask why her card didn't disappear like Haruko and Julie's
>Ask again about the cards, try to piece together everything you know about them.
>Ask if this could be used to turn someone human
I am bad at decision making.

>> No.41612017

>>Thats okay, neither do I
>Ask why her card didn't disappear like Haruko and Julie's

WRiting!

>> No.41612081

>>41611993
Making no decisions is probably for the best then!

>> No.41612713

"That's okay." I sigh, patting the new girl on the back. "I'm confused too."

"So, what did you say her name was?"
"I call her Cirrus, but I don't know what you may have known her as."

Cirrus, yes that's her new name, leans back into me as I grab her shoulders. I'm thinking that she likes all this attention she's getting.

Mom leans down and pats her head.
"You're Cirrus, right? Masami says you remember who I am from Fortune. I'm Izumi."
"You look familiar, but I don't remember the name." She crosses her arms.

"Well, feel free to stay here as long as you want! This home is your home."
"I want to, but someone said I shouldn't go with strangers. I'll be going home soon."

Oh no, she was just visiting!
"H-Hold on, aren't you going to at least stay the night?"
She thinks about that question for a second, and then shrugs.

"I don't know what 'night' means, but okay."
"Great! We'll have a big sleepover right after we get this problem solved!"

"What problem?" She rocks back and forth steadily.
"There's a mean man that lives in a tower, and we're gonna go stop him!"

"Mean man in a-"
She stops.

"..I don't want to talk about this."
"Uh.. Sure!" I try to save from the awkwardness. "Do you know why your card is still here?"

I take it out and hold it up to her.
"Still here? That's home, right?"

Mom giggles. I pout.
"Would it go away if it quit being your home?" I nudge her.
"..But I don't want home to go away.." She blinks, confused.

"Maybe we should think about 'why' later. This is a very good find, Masami." Mom pats my shoulder.

"Why is it a good find?" My head tilts.

"Cards are like something that people have called a 'heart', Masami. To monsters, cards are their hearts." Mom rubs Cirrus' head again. "I think that's why they've been turning human."

"..And?"
"Her heart is still back where you found her, not here. Something has made her want to stay there."

>I don't get it.
>Okay.
>How is a card equal to a heart?
>So, uh, can I still use it?
>Other?

>> No.41612768

>>41612713
>So, uh, can I still use it?

>> No.41612772

>>41612713
>I don't get it.
>How is a card equal to a heart?

>> No.41612801

>>41612713
>Okay.
>So, uh, can I still use it?

>> No.41612817

>>41612713
>I don't get it.
>So, uh, can I still use it?

>> No.41612877

>>41612713
>I don't get it.
>So, uh, can I still use it?

>> No.41612971

>>41612713
>>>I don't get it.
>>So, uh, can I still use it?

>> No.41613173

>I don't get it.
>So, uh, can I still use it?

Writing!

>> No.41613566

And I'm gonna fall asleep early in the thread again, damn fleshy body and its need for rest. Thanks for running HotC.

>> No.41613625

>>41613566
Such is life anon. Since it's closing in on 5AM I'll join you in absentia soon!

>> No.41613660

>>41613566
>>41613625

Thanks for playing!

>Next post almost up

>> No.41614728 [SPOILER] 

I stare back at Mom blankly.
"I don't get it."
"Well, it's complicated." She sits down, "Cards are like the core of the monsters, it's what stores all the emotions that form them."

"So, it's like a battery?"
"..Not exactly. It's more like the card is the heart and- Wait I already said that. Let me try again. It's more like the card is the soul."

"..Do I have a card, Mom?"
She tenses up at that question, before relaxing slightly.

"You are that card, Masami. I made your card into the best daughter anyone could ever ask for."
She gets up and walks over to me, before leaning down and hugging.

"Mom, please."
"Hey! What about me?" Kaori overhears from the other room.

"I-I didn't mean it that way! You're great too!"

Kaori pouts. I can't help but laugh a little.

"..So does this mean if we can find Asai's card, we can turn him into a person?"
"Not exactly."

"Then how are we going to convert him?"
"Let me worry about that. For now, I'm going to get set up."

"Oh wait, one more thing! Can I still use Cirrus' card?"

She thinks about that question for a second before turning away.
"I don't know, why not give it a try?"

I think about what she said for a moment before taking Cirrus by the hand.
"Let's go give it a try!"

--

We step out into the garden. This is where I first tested Cirrus' card outside of Fortune.
I take out her card and feel it overtake my body. Except something is different this time.

"You look the same."
"Huh, I didn't get your clothes." I look down at my casual shorts and t-shirt. "That's weird."

I try a short hop just to see if the power is active, and it certainly is.
It doesn't feel as powerful. It feels like something is missing.

"Cirrus, how do you feel about living in the real wor-"
"OH MY GOD!" She screeches.
"What!? What?!"
"THERE'S A GIANT BALL OF FIRE IN THE SKY, RUN. RUN!"

>I don't know what I'm going to do with you.
>Let's just go back inside.
>Calm her down and assure her it's just the Sun.
>Other?

>> No.41614759

>>41614728

>Try not to laugh.
>Laugh.
>Calm her down and assure her it's just the Sun.

>> No.41614780

>>41614728
>Calm her down and assure her it's just the Sun.

>> No.41614785

>>41614728
>Calm her down and assure her it's just the Sun.
>Let's just go back inside.

>> No.41614800

>>41614728
>Calm her down and assure her it's just the Sun.

>> No.41614892

>>41614728
>>41614759
Supporting!

>> No.41614972

>>41614728
>>Calm her down and assure her it's just the Sun.

>> No.41615126

>Laugh
>Maybe a lot
>>Calm her down and assure her it's just the Sun.

Writing!

>> No.41615149

>>41615126
Make sure we hug her while laughing to assure there's no hard feelings.

>> No.41615277

It is just the sun, right?

>> No.41616361 [SPOILER] 

"NO! NO! QUICK QUICK QUICK!"
She's almost sweating as she tugs at my arm.

First I start with a giggle.
Then a snerk.

Soon, I'm laughing so much that my face hurts.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING? RUN!"

"Cirrus." I grab her into a hug, she's still trying to frantically squirm away. "That's just the Sun. It can't hurt you."
"B-B-b-b-b-b-"

"Sun, Cirrus. It's the Sun. It's warm and peaceful."
"I-i-i-i-ts scary"

"Is something wrong?" Emillion sticks his head out the door.
"Nothing! Cirrus was just spooked by something."

"B-b-b-b-burning"

"Geez Masami." Emillion sighs, "When are you going to stop bringing everything you find home?"
"Never, you should know that." I stick my tongue out at him.

He turns around and walks back in the door. Cirrus is still trembling in my grasp.
"J-j-j-ust the s-s-s-s-s-"

"Cirrus, relax! This world has all sorts of things that stupid card doesn't have. Come on, let me show you some."

I give her a tour of the garden and show her things like 'plants' and 'trees'. Neither of which she really knew anything about. Apparently they had some office plants in Fortune, but nothing like the flowers and trees Mom has in the garden.

"This is nice and all, but why do you want to live here instead of at Fortune?" She asks, smelling a flower.
"Because Asai lives there."

"As-ai-"
"-Let's talk about something else!" I interrupt her train of thought. "Want to go watch us make cards? I think Mom is about ready."

"Okay.." she says, confusion in her voice. "Why are you making cards?"

>To make lots of sisters!
>To get rid of a bad man.
>Because it's fun.
>I want to help Mom.
>Because Aiko might get taken away again if I don't.
>Other?

>> No.41616412

>>41616361
>>To get rid of a bad man.
>>I want to help Mom.
>>Because Aiko might get taken away again if I don't.

>> No.41616456

>>41616361
>To get rid of a bad man.
>I want to help Mom.
>Because Aiko might get taken away again if I don't.

>> No.41616656

>To get rid of a bad man.
>I want to help Mom.
>Because Aiko might get taken away again if I don't.

Writing last post of the night!

>> No.41617643

"Well it's complicated, Cirrus."

I lead her over to the shade and sit down. From here, you can almost see the edge of the Fortune HQ building in the distance. Just the very edge of it.

"You can't really see it from here, but there's Fortune HQ."
"Ooh."

"See, there's a bad man that lives in that building. He wants to do lots of terrible things, and my family are really the only ones who can stop him. So that's what we're planning on doing. We're going to make cards to stop that bad man from using cards for evil."

"I don't really get it, but okay." She leans back, "Is that the only reason though? That seems hard just to stop someone who is mean."

"Of course it's hard, it's hard work." I lean back with her. "But if I don't do it, Mom might go try to do it herself because she's like that. I want to help Mom, and I don't want to see her overwork herself."
"Then why don't you just do all of it?"
"Because people are stubborn." I cross my arms, "People are stubborn and they don't want me doing all of it. It's like Marie."

"Who?"
"My best friend's mother. She tried conscripting my best friend to fight this mean man. If this doesn't work, she might do that anyway."

"Why?"
"Because she's stubborn. That's why. She doesn't know when to quit."

"Everyone in this place seems stubborn, is that something I should do, too?"
"No. Not everyone is stubborn around here."

"Can you name someone who isn't? I'd like to talk to them." She slumps backwards.

"Well there's-"

..

"There's-"
"Who?"
"There's someone who isn't stubborn around here, I promise! Just give me a minute with this one."
..

>Thread End

>> No.41617668

Thanks for the thread everyone. Sorry it was short and we didn't really get anywhere.

That is going to change soon. I'm going to hopefully get everything sped up for the next few threads. Hope to see you then!

>> No.41617694

>>41617668
Thanks for running.

>> No.41617733

>>41617668
Thanks for running.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action