Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

Search:


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.55792714 [View]

>>55792604
It's true!

>>55792610
I really like Father Elijah, too. He's a really good villain. Not the kind of guy I would want to hang out with or fangirl over, but he's very effective at what he's supposed to be.

I mean, you even hear about him in the main game, as the guy who tried and failed to hold the Poseidon Energy plant, obsessed with unlocking its secrets. Veronica will talk at length about him. It really sets him up as this guy who was smart, but maybe not all there as far as people were concerned.
Then you meet him in his DLC and he's all that and more, he's got this crazy plan that is also crazy effective. He's actually got you at his mercy through the whole damn thing, not because he's super powerful, but just because he's smart and through trial-and-error has set everything up just so. I think it's really good storytelling that the hardest part is just GETTING to a position where you can finally bring him down.

Personally, I always left him locked down in the vault. It seemed particularly fitting and poignant.

>>55792635
That and bringing humies into the glory of the Unity! Can't have ideological differences if everyone's the same!

>> No.53580791 [View]

>>53577333
Samurai Jack
> Age: 21 [Rolled2]
> Location: The Dome of Doom [Rolled7/OVERRULED!]
> Background: Treasure Hunter
> Insight [Get a Freebie!]
> Engineering [-50CP]
> Empathy [-50CP]
> Thievery [-50CP]
> Stealth [-100CP]
> Computer Hacking [-200CP]
> Physical Enhancements -
> + Enhanced Senses [Get a Freebie!]
> + Enhanced Stamina [-100CP]
> + Enhanced Reflexes [-200CP]
> Signature Outfit [Get a Freebie!]
> Scouting Glasses [Get a Freebie!]
> Code Breaker [-50CP]
> Robot Database [-200CP]
> Briefcase [Get a Freebie!]
> Safehouse [-100CP]
> Celtic Magic Weapon [-200CP]
> Fifty Years Have Passed...: IDW Timeline [Get a Freebie!]
> Sam-Moo-Rhai [+100CP]
> The Dome of Doom [+200CP]

That ending sucked. I'm gonna go learn how to make people swap genders from leprechauns.
The only thing I'm possibly missing out on are cute blue aliens who sign words with their antennae. Those were cool.

So, anyway, in this timeline, Jack never lost his sword, and so he didn't go insane or turn into the road warrior, and instead he became like this rebel messiah figure crossed with Genghis, and it's way more upbeat. I'm into it.
I have enough sad shit in my chain already, let's do this.

Technopathy kindof no-sells a lot of things in this world. Like, 70% of problems involve robots.
Anyway, once I get out of the Dome, I'll alternate between stealing a bunch of shit like a klepto and tagging along with Jack whenever I stumble across him. It's like a fifty year long adventure! Woo!

>> No.52888208 [View]

>>52888017
> Jumpers! Do you have a bird alt-form?
I don't think I do, actually. I mean, I can shapeshift, so technically I can be a bird whenever I feel like it, but I don't have a bird base form to be in.
I do have a Pigeot, though, from my very first jump, if that counts? It is a Pigeot. It's special abilities are Pigeot abilities.

> How huge is it?
SO huge.
Okay, so, like, most trainers are like, "I want to be the strongest!", and so they put a lot of time and energy into training and move learning and all that stuff. I caved on that pretty early.
But Pidgeys are super easy to catch, and you don't see a lot of trainers with them in any canon (except for, awesomely enough, Gary/Blue, whose Pigeot is mega-stronk), and I decided, "You know what? I'm not gonna go for strong. I'm just gonna have the BIGGEST PIGEOT.
So, a not insubstantial chunk of my Pokedollars went to buying vitamins and supplements and whatever the Poke-equivilant to protein powder is and just giving it all to my Pigeot. That thing is mega-huge now. Like, the size of an actual truck.

It is, consequently, actually really strong now. Not the strongest, but, like, strongfat, you know? It can kick up windstorms like nobody's business or just hipcheck you into a fucking tree.
Huge birb.

I know that kindof wasn't the topic, but when the fuck else am I going to get a chance to talk about my hugeass Pigeot?

>> No.51110978 [View]

>>51110685
Works for me. I look forward to seeing more.

>>51110664
> I have both these perks.
God my training sessions must look like insane masochistic death spirals. With an undercurrent of geeky bullshit.

I do actually have training sessions, they just don't involve me moving a whole lot and mostly piggyback off alternative training perks.

>>51110636
That's why you have to go MORE EXTREME, CJ. HARDER! DEEPER! GO FULL SLAANESH!!

>>51110664
C'mon, anon, it's not all bad! My companions get almost unprecedented freedom among jumpers (because I constantly forget about them!)! You just don't hear about that part, because, I mean, obviously I can't tell you much about what they've been doing during the nine years per jump I wasn't paying attention to them.
I do also make an effort to provide for them. Nobody STARVES or anything. That would just be cruel.

>>51110613
Sorry, anon, but I'm not really into physical relationships.

But even though I'm probably not able to suit your needs, I really don't have a problem setting you up with other people!
I can still take pictures, right? ... Oh, nevermind.
I don't actually need your permission.

>> No.44641816 [View]

>>44641409
HAH! ... I don't really do "waifus". But about a month ago I realized that I got free reign to create brand new companions in Naruto, and then this happened!

> Name: Sada [+600CP]
> Background: Civilian [Get a Freebie!]
> Basic Ninja Training [Get a Freebie!]
> Chakra Enhancement Specialization
> + Strength [-100CP]
> + Speed [-100CP]
> Fine Control [Get a Freebie!]
> You Have Reserves [-100CP]
> Elemental Chakra Affinity (Fire) [Get a Freebie!]
> Talk no Jutsu [-200CP]
> Pseudo-Jinchuriki [-200CP]
> Genius of Hard Work [-600CP]
> Inuzuka [-300CP]
> Basic Gear [Get a Freebie!]
> Dosh [Get a Freebie!]
> Nin-animal (Wolf) [Get a Freebie!]
> Out Of Control [+200CP]
> Dysfunction Junction [+200CP]
> Boiling Blood [+200CP]
> THE CHOSEN ONE [+300CP]


> Name: Ayaka [+600CP]
> Background: Clan-Born [Get a Freebie!]
> Basic Ninja Training [Get a Freebie!]
> Elemental Chakra Affinity (Water) [Get a Freebie!]
> Fine Control [-100CP]
> You Have Reserves [Get a Freebie!]
> Sensor Ninja Training [-300CP]
> Medical Ninjutsu Training [-300CP]
> Cursed Seal of Heaven [-200CP]
> Lost Hyuga [-300CP]
> Kaguya [-300CP]
> Basic Gear [Get a Freebie!]
> Hunted (All sans Konohagakure & Amegakure) [+300CP]
> Angst [+100CP]
> Dysfunction Junction [+200CP]
> Blood-Lust [+300CP]

>> No.44221740 [View]

Macross
> Location: Macross Frontier [Rolled8]
> Age: 16 [Rolled1]
> Race: Human
> Serene Sinatra [Get a Freebie!]
> Basic Training [Get a Freebie!]
> Wrench Wench [Get a Freebie!]
> Trading Tools [Get a Freebie!]
> Fingers of Silver [-100CP]
> Fingers of Slyness [-100CP]
> Savvy Sultan [-200CP]
> Ambrosial Artificer [-200CP]
> Hot Off The Press [-100CP]
> Bling of War [-100CP]
> Lovely Attention [-100CP]
> Spiritia Abundance [-200CP]
> Touched by the Protoculture [-500CP]
> Space Suit [Get a Freebie!]
> Overalls [Get a Freebie!]
> Tool Kit [Get a Freebie!]
> Androgynous [+100CP]
> Rival [+200CP]
> Deaf [+300CP]

> Veritech -
> Basic Variable Fighter [Get a Freebie!]
> Tune-Up [-100VP]
> Improved Generator [-200VP]
> Flesh of the Vajra [-700VP]

Can you say Bifauxen? Knew you could.
So, I'm yet again an engineer, tasked with building shit. Not to worry, I'm really good at it. So good at it, in fact, that I'm collecting fangirls! And occasionally jealous rivals. Or possibly fangirls masquerading as jealous rivals?
It's all very silly, honestly. Just like the rest of this world.

I mean, everyone keeps going on about the power of music and the heartbeat of the universe and whatnot, but... I can't hear any of that. It's not like that's something you can quantify. That's not real science. But that's why I'm here!
I'll help defend everyone's hopes and dreams!
With science! And numbers!

... I just wish I knew why they all look so sad when they talk to me.

>> No.43319085 [View]

Stalker
> Age: 17
> Location: Zone Canada [Rolled1]
> Origin: Tourist
> One of Ours [Get a Freebie!]
> Zone-Touched [-100CP]
> Бaйcтpюк [-100CP]
> Light Sleeper [-100CP]
> Technician [-200CP]
> Hi-Tech Expert [-300CP]
> Sixth Sense [-200CP]
> Mutant Whisperer [-300CP]
> Anabiotics [-100CP]
> Coassacks Vodka [-50CP]
> Party Pack [-50CP]
> Survival Gear [Get a Freebie!]
> The Dark Road [+200CP]
> Snorkbait [+300CP]

Back when that drawback was mandatory, my reaction to this jump was, "Welcome to Gutter Punk: The Jump."
Regardless of financial status or special effects, I see no reason why I would be remotely interested in entering the zones, especially if I'm as easily murdered as any other human.
But now I have science! And powers! And...! I...!
Still see no reason to enter. That's stupid. I am not interested in psychic mutant bullshit.

But that doesn't mean I can't get OTHER people to go into the zones FOR me! People mercenaries! And robots! And then I can do research the stuff they bring back!
And repair their shit for a fee! And provide gear for people going in!
I'll be one of those crazy scientist shopkeeper types!

Yeah!

... just... as soon as I get out of the zone itself.
Oh dear.

>> No.40934036 [View]

>>40932451
Man, I just realized I'm actually 200CP below my mark. In that case, I'll also grab
> Gaze Attack (Hypnosis) [-200CP]
Because why the fuck not? Let's ride this train of horribleness all the way to the bank.

Also, for those among of us who cannot read subtext, I am absolutely going to be attempting to grab all three journals and scan them into my massive database of machines. I will also be attempting to scan THE DEVICE in Stan's basement, for that matter.
Honestly, nothing in this world is really capable of standing up to me, with the possible exceptions of Bill (who is far more pigeon holed than I am) and Giffany, who is Giffany. So I don't forsee too many complications. I will attempt to do this all peacefully, but if I have to do some smash and grabs I will.

Giffany is an AI. I have so many abilities to control, manipulate, and outright rewrite machines, you don't even know. And if all that fails, there's always shitloads of Dresden Magic, possibly empowered by Hellfire.
Of course, this wanton abuse could be seen as cruel to Giffany sympathizers. But that's okay, because robots aren't people anyway.
I imagine Giffany is still a little buggy, though. Drawbacks and all. You know how it is. So when she gets into something she's not supposed to, INCREDIBLY BAD SHIT happens.
But really, I'm practically THE Deus Ex Machina at this point.
So whatevs.

>>40932484
> Also holy crap Gravity Falls jump is practically written for you
I KNOW RIGHT

>> No.39696742 [View]

>>39696334
> When do you show kindness to those who would strike you?
Generally when I'm fangirling it up for whatever reason. I'm not exactly proud.

Katz wanted to feed me to the spiders, but I eventually brought him around by being really good at motel upkeep and being too damn hard to kill. He eventually decided it was just easier to keep me around as a sidekick. That was a good day.

Speaking of, since I posted my FF9 build, I've been thinking about how I probably turned into a giggling trainwreck around most of the primary cast and acted like a total dork. So.


HEY JUMPERS! Have you ever met someone you really super admired for any reason? Maybe they were a childhood hero or you just really loved their style? How'd you deal with it? How did THEY deal with it? Did your spaghetti fall out everywhere?

What was your biggest fanboy moment?

>> No.38200499 [View]

>>38200280
I WANNA ROCK.
Er...

I mean, I love rock'n'roll. It's got a very moving and powerful sound while retaining a melody.
That doesn't mean I don't like other kinds of music (in fact, I like MOST kinds of music), but rock is and will always be my favorite.
... so I was kindof sad when Musician Jump just boiled it down to biting heads off bats and doing lots of drugs. I ended up going Orchestral instead, with a talent in blending genres. Fuck it. ORCHESTRAL ROCK.



Navigation
View posts [+24] [+48] [+96]