Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/tg/ - Traditional Games

Search: , offset: 24


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.40013429 [View]

>>40013400

>> No.39221323 [View]

>>39219934
>Uses "white" as an insult
>Claims Christian asceticism is in no way interesting

An Eurocentrist world view can promote ignorance but holy shit, how SJW can you get? What next, are you going to demand OP formally apologizes because some of his ancestors may or may not have shot a brown person somewhere in history?

>> No.39126693 [View]

>>39126671
>But you haven't actually done anything right now?
Yes, what's your point? What do you want me to do? Go to Germany and start gunning down random people in a pre-emptive defense of my civil society? If there's no threat, there's nothing to defend. Idiot.

>How are you different from the women who, as of this date, have not participated in war?
I'm different in the fact that, in the case of a threat, I'm expected to defend the nation and those women are not. Just because there isn't a threat right now does not alleviate me of the duty to rise up when such a danger does rear its ugly head.

>> No.38348674 [View]

>>38348652
Rome existed only because of slavery and exploitation, Ancient Greece only existed because of slavery and exploitation, The Persian Empire only existed because of slavery and exploitation, China exists only because of slavery and exploitation, the Mali Empire only existed because of slavery and exploitation, Great Zimbabwe only existed because of slavery and exploitation.

Welcome to the human race. I'm sorry that some people are better at enslaving and exploiting than others, but it's not because the others didn't try.

But I guess exploiting brown people is only okay when they're exploited by other brown people, right?

>> No.38057162 [View]

>>38055046
By Jupiter's cock, what did you just say about me you little Sophist? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at the military academy, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Gaul, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla mounted warfare and I’m the top horseman in all the Roman legions. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will trample you into the dirt with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my godforsaken words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me on the Forum? Think again, slaveboy. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of governors across the Roman Empire and your tribe is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. By Minerva's clitoris, you’re dead, barbarian. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my slaves. Not only do I possess an impressive ammount of slaves, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Legio X Equestris and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little barbarian. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn boylover. I will shit the furies all over you and you will drown in them. You’re deader than the shades of Pluto itself, kiddo.

>> No.37967548 [View]

>>37967521
>Can't defeat smelly, unwashed barbarians with FUCKING GRIFFONS

>> No.37948253 [View]

>>37943471
>DMPC

>> No.37897492 [View]

>>37897453
>That one fucking Parthian gladiator that keeps yelling "lightning bolt!" as if it means something

>> No.36434438 [View]

>>36426426

>Greek Fighting
>Weeb

Fucking seriously?

>> No.35702129 [View]

>>35702081
All life in pointless, frivolous, and fleeting in the grand scheme. You got to focus on the little things. Like the spoils of war, nice roads, bathing, running water, etc.

>> No.35232075 [View]

>>35231740
>>35231948
>Further tainting the board with quests
>A quest that will inevitably devolve into a loli waifu fetish fiesta
>Tacking that shit onto Star Wars
>Tacking that shit onto X-WING AND TIE FIGHTER
That's the sort of thing that gets a man tried in the Hague.

>> No.34544306 [SPOILER]  [View]

>>34544270
>I'm not done yet
That's fair just make sure next to get it all out in one post-
>lol

>> No.34475542 [SPOILER]  [View]

Just a heads up, I'm around if anyone wants to check out the camp or talk to people(Which would just slow down the Quest normally but since we won't be doing anything big I can do something in the downtime.)

>>34475505
>Gaius Marius.

That isn't how you spell Julius Caesar Anon..

>> No.33812700 [View]

What the fuck happened back there Freeman.

>> No.33406395 [View]

>>33406290
Nigger, you can't expect us to sympathize with you.

You're an asshole.

>> No.27623343 [View]

>>27623183
>Buy tunic for favored soul woman in party that gives +4 CHA.
>See-through that let's see pussy and tits.

THAT'S IT. WHAT A FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT. THE AUTHOR JUST COULDN'T STOP THINKING WITH HIS DICK. NOT EVEN ADWR HAD ALL THIS PORN.

I just wanted muh history!

>> No.27041940 [View]

>>27039464
>Initially, concerns for secrecy kept their military designation from being known by the soldiers who operated them. They were called by code names such as Kostikov guns (after the head of the RNII - the Reaction-Engine Scientific Research Institute), and finally classed as Guards Mortars. The name BM-13 was only allowed into secret documents in 1942, and remained classified until after the war.

>Because they were marked with the letter K (for Voronezh Komintern Factory), Red Army troops adopted a nickname from Mikhail Isakovsky's popular wartime song, "Katyusha", about a girl longing for her absent beloved, who has gone away on military service. [Katyusha is the Russian equivalent of Katie, an endearing diminutive form of the name Katherine: Yekaterina →Katya →Katyusha.

>> No.25296004 [View]

>>25295999
I'm not your bro, amigo.

>> No.23816387 [View]

>ERP Thread
>/tg/
>Pointless drama

Big surprise there.

>> No.23537449 [View]

>>23537433
Come on, at least try.

>> No.23139154 [View]

>>23139137
>mfw we have an example of Penitent World with the Maccabean Jannissaries who get even more overshadowed by the Krieger's better fame and stats

>> No.23042667 [View]

>>23042649
The ship has sailed buddy. People already gave some good comebacks, just let it drop.

>> No.22800035 [View]

>>22800001
Shut up it was a great character. Better than my 'this is Morgoth if Morgoth was a delusional giant who thought he was the master of fate'. Or the demon chestburster who acted like a child.

>> No.22711274 [View]

And everyone forgets the Kriegers in the McNeil books who were fatalistic as all hell yet found a way to have a personality beyond 'I must die to redeem myself for the crimes of the past.'

Yes, that's a good motivation. That's a drive. Now what else is there?

...

That's it?

A society, people, and in general characters in a story need something to give them importance. Flaws, advantages, feelings, motives. Loss, pain, love, wanting. Change. These are things people have and something characters must have to be interesting. Yes, you can have both the fatalistic super-men and still have them feel something beyond neutrality and wanting to die. No, it's not that hard. You just have to put some real effort. Dead Men Walking didn't. Looking at it clinically, Dead Men Walking is a perfectly written book. It serves it's purpose. But overall, the story is shit. Events happen around characters we care nothing about, see nothing develop and always care nothing for themselves or those around them. So why the hell should we?



Navigation
View posts [-24] [+24] [+48] [+96]