[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 3 KB, 203x215, ohgodwhy2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6716036 No.6716036 [Reply] [Original]

This has been going on into my mind recently.

This comet called 'Comet Hale–Bopp' will fly "around" our earth in 4380, that is pretty cool, right?

The only problem is that I really wanted to see this comet, but the problem was that I missed to see the comet in 1997. And I will never be able to glance at the stars and look at it again, cause I will be dead. I might even miss my chance to see Halley's Comet.

This just makes me sad, I just wanted to share.

>> No.6716042

>>6716036
I understand, OP. I have similar feelings.

>> No.6716045

I wonder if their will be even humans to witnece the comet in 4380.

>> No.6717068

>>6716036
I remember Hale–Bopp, I was 8 and my Father woke me up in the middle of the night and dragged me to the outside. I had no clue what was going on, I was sleepy as fuck and he just gave me binoculars and said "Look Son, just look!".
I was fucking angry because I just wanted to sleep, but today I am damn grateful for what my dad did.

>> No.6717071

>>6717068
I was 7 and don't even remember the comet.
Just Cassiopeia. Fucking W, what does it mean?

>> No.6717097

Joke's on you OP. I was 6 at the time and it's the earliest memory I can remember, seeing that son of a bitch in the sky above a ridgeline every night.

Makes me sad thinking that I'll probably go my whole life without seeing another major comet again.