[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 7 KB, 176x224, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR] No.3640256 [Reply] [Original]

How does it feel knowing that technological society will inevitably reach a crisis point in which humanity will revert back to the Dark Ages in terms of culture, scientific knowledge and progress?

>> No.3640261

it wont if we overcome our dependence on fossil fuels

>> No.3640270
File: 6 KB, 150x194, 14a.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

>>3640261
You will be futile, technological society is doomed.

>> No.3640269 [DELETED] 

Great. Refreshing. I represent the minority of /sci/'s sentiment on this, but humans are too primitive for technology. Our psychology and our instincts lead us to use technology for own mental and social destruction.

>> No.3640279

>>3640269

>but humans are too primitive for technology

I'm a transhumanist and I totally agree with this, but I don't think it's a good thing.

>> No.3640287

>>3640256
No, because we will reach something closer to a singularity before the issue becomes too great.
Otherwise we deserve to lose.
Since multiple futures are possible, I'd rather not take the pessimist view that assumes all attempts will fail and everyone that contributes will die, that's just assuming the worst-possible future and if I find myself in one, I might not mind dieing or at least struggling to get myself out of that situation.
Either way, there may very well be some doomed futures, but I refuse to believe they are in the majority of the ones I'll be conscious of. (If you haven't figured it yet, I'm assuming MWI)

>> No.3640986
File: 23 KB, 288x499, 1313078399338.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
[ERROR]

why cant u niggaz just except shit like star craft and star wars as the future

>> No.3640989

>>3640986
accept lol

>> No.3641040

what i dont understand about the unabomber was why he cared so much about society. the guy moved out into the wilderness to get away from everyone... then spends all his time and effort writing a manifesto about how to save society from technology & building bombs and shit.

for a mathematical genius the guy was kinda a retard

>> No.3641056

we can switch to nuclear power on technolgoy we had 30 years ago and be fine for 200 years

nothing will happen, all nuclear fears will evaporate when poeople realize 1. there's nothing to be scared of and 2 more importantly, everything will cost 10x more if we dont switch