[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 44 KB, 496x384, 1303425136975.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3461785 No.3461785 [Reply] [Original]

I'm depressed /sci/...

I spent the first 20 years of my life yearning to go into Space. I wanted nothing more than to be a shuttle pilot and I centered my life around that aim. I've had flying lessons, I'm in college now but when I leave I planned on joining the Air force to gather the experience I apparently needed, and so on after that to be in the best position to get the job.

But now, I feel like my dream's just been taken away from me...

Just... *sigh, what now?

>> No.3461801

Why is it taken?
You sound like quite a motivated guy, I also want to go to space but just been in air for like 2h my entire life.

Keep reaching for it, keep flying jets and one day you will sit inside a rocket, maybe not driving a shuttle but still you know... monitoring the flight from the pod or whatever we're going to space with from now on.

>> No.3461802 [DELETED] 
File: 23 KB, 288x499, whykornheiser.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>I spent the first 20 years of my life yearning to go into Space

>> No.3461806

>>3461802

Maybe not since I was born, but ti was a significant thing in my childhood and shaped all of the education choices I made

>> No.3461818

What else? You continue with your plans to go to space. You feel thankful that the era you currently live in is one of increasing technological advancement, where the gateway to the void is not controlled solely by two superpowers at odds with each other.

You should also be thankful you'll get to pilot something better than the shuttle if you succeed.

>> No.3461848

Within the next few years, in time for your graduation, there will be not one but several vehicles capable of sending human beings into orbit. Many will be commercial vehicles.

That means more opportunities for an aspiring astronaut, not fewer.

>> No.3461856

Keep working on it /sci/entist

If you keep getting experience and accreditation then whatever opportunity will go to you first, also they still exist outside nasa

>> No.3461946

Bro.

You're fucktarded
You need so many hours of piloting, you have at least ten years before you could've gotten into nasa anyways.

It'll come back. Your ass better be ready

>> No.3461967

>>3461946

This. If what you say is actually true there is still a possibility of you getting to go into space.

1. They may bring back the shuttle program.
2. Private firms.
3. NASA will still send astronauts into space hitching a ride with the Russians.