[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 106 KB, 612x491, retard.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
12699822 No.12699822[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

When people talk about having an inner voice, do they mean that literally, or are they just talking about being introspective? Are they talking about whether people deliberate with themselves and actively analyze the world around them, or do they mean that their is a voice in their head that narrates their life? I'm trying to figure out what answer I should give to someone who asked me if I had one. I CAN think using an inner narrator, but I almost never do without actively trying; I naturally think via imagined sensory inputs and innate impulses or abstract thoughts I never actively put words to. I don't know if that counts, but I've also heard people say they have none of this at all, and apparently just live in the moment, letting their subconscious handle everything internally.

>> No.12699833

That's hard to say Apu since all transmitters are also receivers. If they've got a brain scanner shoved up your asshole, that necessarily a brain influencer as well.

>> No.12699852

>>12699822
Usually for math stuff, I'll think in pictures or more abstract ideas. But if I'm being introspective, I like to force myself to articulate my thoughts in words if I'm not doing so already. It's been a good exercise for me, especially when thinking about complex emotions, to try and break them down into emotions or ideas I do understand.

>> No.12699855
File: 50 KB, 500x311, images (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>12699822
Apu = histone acetylation

Those that use the inner narrator approach are actually presentational optimizers e.g. teaching a class or performing an all-ages audience piece of entertainment. Inner narration helps scope broadening for external consumers of individually composed information.

People also use inner voice in the sense of attention markers. As in when a certain pattern of behavior is triggered by neurons and a voice or identity then fires, collecting all the observations and attention of that moment to a predefined pattern. This is where angel and devil on each shoulder idea originates from.

>>12699833
FUCK OFF DIOGENES!
>Yours sincerely, the mayor of Sinope

>> No.12700723

>>12699822
BORKNAGAR --- Voices
listen to that ;)

>> No.12700727

>>12699822
> people deliberate with themselves and actively analyze the world around them
thats basically what i do but not only the world you can also fantazise

>> No.12700741

>>12699822
They're veing literal, I can imagine voices in my head perfectly fine. I can talk to myself mentally in trumps voice or homer simpsons voice or whatever, and make them talk about stupid shit for fun. "Oh yeah, your cock feels so good up my ass, peter griffin" - barack obama via my inner voice

If you can't imagine a voice or a sound, you have aphantasia.

>> No.12700755

>>12700741
sounds hot, also take your meds

>> No.12700757

>>12700755
There is a large gap between schizophrenia and aphantasia, mr. Aphantasia

>> No.12700802

>>12699822
I consistently narrate everything to myself. If I'm learning a new concept, I'll read over the material, then again as I narrate/explain it to myself. I like to think it helps consolidate memory and promotes increased understanding.
I can spell a lot of words through muscle memory of typing them, but sometimes physically writing them or spelling them can be a challenge. I like to visualize a keyboard, then I individually highlight the correct letters, in order, on the keyboard while simultaneously drawing a line through them. It really does help with spelling.

>> No.12700808

>>12700757
ok MR . SCHIZO

>> No.12700811

>>12700741
Can you do gay actor Michael Douglas?