[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 49 KB, 645x773, 1593333044155.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11959582 No.11959582 [Reply] [Original]

What happens when you die sci, as i get older i realise death is not far, will i get to re live my life again given enough time, what is it all for, why are we here. How do you cope with death?

>> No.11959586

lift weights, eat lots of protein

>> No.11959616

>>11959586
im natty no thanks.

>> No.11959630

>>11959582
when you die you no longer experience time. If you believe in eternal recurrence (see https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_return)) you will be reborn. except you will obviously have to memory of your previous life.
If you believe in predeterminism (depends on your view of randomness, see quantum mechanics) then it doesn't matter what you do, it was always going to happen anyway. Whatever makes you feel happier anon. I prefer to die when I die, only my legacy will be left behind with my children.

>> No.11960219
File: 28 KB, 500x554, 1590510960265.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You can't die, it's is physically impossible. If panpsychism is true, you'll be degraded to the simplest experience, and then over time, possibly rise in complexity again. The alternative is some sort of simulation, not necessarily a computer simulation (unless you drastically redefine what a computer is). In any case, dying is bad and you should strive for immortality.

>> No.11960233

I'm already dead

>> No.11960244
File: 38 KB, 850x400, epicurus_death.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Read Epicurus

>> No.11960275

>>11959582
“It is appointed unto men once to die, and after this the judgment.” (Heb. ix. 27.) It is of faith that we shall die, and that after death a judgment shall be passed on all the actions of our life. Now, what shall be the terror of each of us when we shall be at the point of death, and shall have before our eyes the judgment which must take place the very moment the soul departs from the body? Then shall be decided our doom to eternal life, or to eternal death. At the time of the passage of their souls from this life to eternity, the sight of their past sins, the rigour of God’s judgment, and the uncertainty of their eternal salvation, have made the saints tremble. St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzia trembled in her sickness, through the fear of judgment; and to her confessor, when he endeavoured to give her courage, she said: “Ah! father, it is a terrible thing to appear before Christ in judgment.”

It is the common opinion of theologians, that at the very moment and in the very place in which the soul departs from the body, the divine tribunal is erected, the accusation is read, and the sentence is passed by Jesus Christ, the Judge. At this terrible tribunal each of us shall be presented to give an account of all our thoughts, of all our words, and of all our actions. “For we must all be manifested before the judgment seat of Christ, that every one may receive the proper things of the body, according as he hath done, whether it be good or evil.” ( 2 Cor. v. 10.)

How great shall be the joy of a soul when, at death, she hears from Jesus Christ these sweet words: ”Well done, good and faithful servant; because thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will place thee over many things. Enter thou into the joy of thy Lord.” (Matt. xxv. 21.) Equally great shall be the anguish and despair of a guilty soul, that shall see herself driven away by the Judge with the following words: ”Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire” (verse 41).

>> No.11960282

can any doc answer my question
if we can live without a pancreas why is pancreatic cancer so deadly?

>> No.11960502

>>11960282
Probably about the tissues