[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 174 KB, 220x220, thonk.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11346608 No.11346608 [Reply] [Original]

Do u think we can give proper scientific explanations to /x/ shit?

Here's my attempts:

>Magic
It seems related to changing human reality, at least society, like changing the perceptions of a group of humans, seem to change their reality.
So far seems shit like meme magic a kind of effect on changing the perceptions of a society.
So, basically it works like a form of propaganda.

>Reiki healing and white healing magic
So far seems to effect the mental state of a person, similar to how music effects your mental state, it would be possible to induce a proper mental state where the brain liberates chemicals to heal the body.
Maybe the mind works like some claims to be like an electromagnetic aura and disseases are a chaotic form of this aura, maybe remote healers just make this field of the mind works in a more coherent and harmonius way, giving some proper healing effect.

>Numerology
Explained by having the elites and groups in power decide their false flags and special events like wars follow proper biblical patterns.

>Lucid dream, astral projections, remote vission, prediction of the future
So far this seem to be related to giving yourself the skill to dream while being awaken.
Maybe remote vission works like lucid dreams you have while being awake, same as predictions of the future.
So far it seems that with proper training you can enter dreamlike mental states that allow you to visualize future events or remote locations.

>> No.11346624

>>11346608
Why does “I heard a funny noise in my house when I was alone in the dark” need a scientific explanation?

>> No.11346628

>>11346624
because I think science can explain such /x/ shit
at least debate philosophically

>> No.11346809

>>11346608
Once I entered an /x/ thread where the OP was basically just freaking out about mathematics as we know it being entirely nonsensical, since he didn’t understand the concept of infinitesimals and what happens when some fractions are expressed as decimal numbers.

>> No.11346815

>>11346608
>/x/ truther gibbering
/x/ doesn't exist. take your meds, schizo.

>> No.11346910

The reason something is paranormal is because we can't currently explain it. Science can't really help us here.

>> No.11346918

>>11346910
The reason science explains stuff is so it will no longer be unexplainable.

>> No.11347099

>>11346608
/x/-forums are the best argument against x shit.
They exist for over 20 years now and never could they come up with anything else but
>I had a weird dream
>coincidence
>I think I heard a voice but I was alone
>I can't find my smartphone adapter

>> No.11347188

>>11346608
/x/ tier stuff is extremely often caused by infrasound. Lions and elefants and other animals use it which are dangerous to us, so we have an inbuilt fear when we sense it.
There's a free spectroscopy app which I would suggest everyone seeing or hearing things using to see if there is something going on below, like, 30Hz.

>> No.11347219

>>11346608
>>11346910
>>11346918
Back in the 1800s, before germ theory, no one washed their hands before meals. The only written instructions to do so were in religious texts. If you traveled back in time to 1850 and insisted on washing up before dinner, the scholars of the age would have called you superstitious.

The Giant Squid was basically a cryptid before one washed up on shore in 1878.

Cosmic Rays used to be in the same tier as Qi.

In 100 years, maybe we'll find out that cancer is caused by 4th dimensional spiders.

>> No.11348422

sure, I can explain it. it doesn't fucking exist. you're welcome.

>> No.11348489
File: 98 KB, 640x640, 1505964572509.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>11346608
>most things
placebo

>astrology
people born in similar times of the year experience the same events as our moods collectively swing. ie. virgos are conceived around new years thus increasing the chances of being a mistake and subtly treated as such during critical times of development, or you have a birthday around christmas and get or perceive less presents or worse quality of presents skewing your view of giving and receiving, those born late in the year are younger than their peers in school, etc.

>days when everyone seems tired at work/school
too quick or too heavy shifting of the air mass above us, stagnant bubbles of CO, NOx

>the coincidence of stuff, the impossible odds of life existing
anthropic principle, nevermind fuck that, were most likely all/one infinite gods/4d spiders that got bored and dreamed up this thing called reality and wants to forget where we came from and we will do it, and the next will do it too, forever. because the fun is not the destination, it's the journey.