[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 37 KB, 860x603, 496-4964447_apu-pepe-png-download-pepe-thinking-png-transparent.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11341646 No.11341646 [Reply] [Original]

not sure if I like maths or if I like the idea of people thinking that I'm smart because I study maths

>> No.11341672

>>11341646

You probably like both

>> No.11341747
File: 157 KB, 1024x683, TRINITY___Forever.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think one of the guys on here who is calling me a retard once had a contract to design a propeller for plane for the Air Force through his company Tamsco (owned by a "Swiss baron" who is certainly the guy I am thinking about), but when he was designing it, he optimized the wrong thing. He optimized the decreased air density above the wing based on the wrong thinking that the high air density below the wing will push the plane up into the low density air over the wing. This is wrong for a million reasons. The real way that planes work is through conservation of momentum. It the air isn't moving down, and then the angle of attack of the wing hits the air and makes it go down, the plane has to go up to conserve momentum. At the end of the project when his propeller was a POS, he decided that someone else fucked something up because he had checked his optimization of the decreased air density on the upper wing surface 900 times. This is the main person who calls me a retard on this website, I think. Not only did he not know how airplanes work, after the airplane he built didn't work, he came to the reasonable conclusion that the universe was wrong to make his airplane not work and that it was not his own error responsible for the poorly performing propeller. Physics was wrong, not him, in his esteemed opinion.

I'm pretty sure this happened. In any case, I am 100% sure that the main person calling me retarded on this website didn't know how airplanes worked until I explained it to him in 2016.

>> No.11341835

>>11341646
>I like the idea of people thinking that I'm smart because I study maths
no, they don't

>> No.11341838

>>11341835

Yeah, yeah they do. Normies think you are a nerd if you mention anything Science and get their brains blown at basic algebra.

>> No.11341949

>>11341646
Interestingly enough there are plenty of individuals who are bad at Physics trying to get a Physics degree. I also saw this whist getting my Math Bachelors. And yet people think they are amazingly talented.