[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/sci/ - Science & Math

View post   

File: 2.74 MB, 1254x10000, surprising future.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
11114147 No.11114147 [Reply] [Original]

The fate of modern man is determined by technology. I am interested in what kind of perspectives do you think are the most probable? I can see only two possibilities: upward or downward.I can see only two possibilities: upward or downward.

Upwards, of course, is the perspective of the Solar System development. The American, whose name I unfortunately do not remember, expressed himself this way: The red planet is our new borderland, a source of stimulation for American genius and a worthy outlet for our inexhaustible energy. Our culture grows out of the borderland and needs it, it is our past, our past, our future and our hope.... These words may concern the whole of humanity.

Deep down is the further development of the opportunities offered by medicine and biotechnology. Who knows what we will eventually reduce ourselves to? The supreme law of sociology says that the vast majority of people aspire to quite narrowly understood complacency. The direction is clear: amputate the defects of our carnality and psyche. So why don't we just end up as sentient brains bombarded forever by happiness stimulators?

Upwards - we will become brave and brave conquistadors again. Deep down - we will flog in the fumes of infinite orgasm. I'm not asking which possibility will come true, but which direction does the present generation seem to be heading?

>> No.11115276

>>11114147
Both ways. We will expand outward as a species and inwards as the individual maximizes the pleasure they enjoy.

>> No.11115450

>>11114147
>determined by technology
no, this is an unjustified assault on religion
modern man is determined by religion just as much as man 1,000 years ago
technology is just a bunch of jerks in government who want to push people around and tell them to work on
>shit that will make my war more awesome
my life isn't determined by pointy haired bureaucrats who get a hardon when they think of killing arabs or muslims