[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 103 KB, 392x574, Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9527562 No.9527562 [Reply] [Original]

Are there any books, short stories, or literary journals I should dive into before tackling this monster?

>> No.9527575

No, is not like any of it would be of help, is a mess even if you are an extreamly well read person, that would only help you getting more of the references, which you can look up, there are lots of guides
Just jump into it, but don't be a bitch, finish it

>> No.9527608

>>9527575
It's on the way in snail mail and I can't wait till it shows up at my doorstep. Just from what I've heard thus far and the little bit of audio I've listen to has me on an exuberant hype. Might attempt writing after pursuing it if Pynchon really reaches my heart and makes me laugh. Cheers!

>> No.9527620

>>9527562
Honestly, I've read and written essays on IJ, Dostoevsky, faulkner, etc without any problem or hesitation.

And I still can't fucking get through this book, as much as I want to. Just wing it, at least until somebody realize they'd make a fortune putting out a fully annotated version.

>> No.9527635

>>9527620
why not is not that hard
an annotated version would add like 300 more pages to the book, that would be a pain in the ass
>>9527608
is great, the "funny" parts didn't really get me as much as the parts that felt more "sincere" and the ones when Pynchon glues together chemistry with philosophy with sociology with love with etc, I don't know how he does it, is amazing
the first 200~ pages are the hardest so try to not get frustated