[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 406 KB, 1920x1080, 1481090450259.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9193631 No.9193631 [Reply] [Original]

Kinda late but yet started reading hesse's sidharta. done 1/3 in one read, short book and one thought caught my attention since I've thought about the same thought once before.

why learn anything at all? just be the person you should be. A spiritual person is who heshe should be. whats good out of wise nice words from phlosophers? Like yeah I get it, theres thesis, antithesis then synthesis which is thesis and the cycle goes and goes. thats just a theory, a theory gives perspective and its supposedly easier to understand life then, but how can you understand anything at all? Where does knowledge come from? Confucius says that knowledge with hard work is more important than wisdom or anything else for that matter. Preposterous in my opinion. One time I was walking through a beach and got psychedelic trip without drugs, an insight which told me - work, do work a lot. And it was so clear for me, if you work, you have food and everything you need physically and mentally. But Buddha says - you dont have to create. And all work is creating.

This is a philosophy labyrinth, isn't it?

>> No.9193639

damn ive read what i wrote and its really cringy, disappointed in myself.