[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 255 KB, 480x368, IMG_1103.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8735303 No.8735303 [Reply] [Original]

Share life lessons

>> No.8735304

>>8735303
Never, ever fall in love with a lady of the night.

>> No.8735313

>>8735303
You cannot refute nihilism, so just learn to live with it

>> No.8735334

If you actually wrote instead of shitposting on /lit/, you'd probably be published by now.

>> No.8735338

>>8735303
Don't break up with a girl who has the key to your chastity belt.

>> No.8735345

you don't really want to die

>> No.8735354

A mxi of politeness, eloquence, rhetorics and good debating skill get you really far. People were always baffled at the crap I was able to negotiate for myself

>> No.8735356

you're not gay it was just the mushrooms

>> No.8735361

>>8735303
Most friendships are temporary, ESPECIALLY the one you have with your girlfriend.

>> No.8735398

Something does not have value because it does to you, or because you want it to. I've seen tens of men whove had women say they will love eachother forever, and of course it doesnt work out.

Understand that there is nothing divine about you, your tastes or life experiences. Everything you have learned and know can become worthless insantly.

>> No.8735400

The problem is you, it's always you.

>> No.8735402

>>8735354
Really far into the 99%.

>> No.8735406

>>8735402
?

>> No.8735412

>>8735400
Is me never being a qt trap an outcome of my decisions?

>> No.8735413

>>8735334
I just wish I could think of a plot
Any tips?

>> No.8735416

>>8735413
The protagonist goes somewhere. Some stuff happens. Return home (or doesn't make it home, if you like to subvert convention).

>> No.8735418

>>8735413
Write about being black and publish with the pseudonym "Tyrone Jamal".

>> No.8735420
File: 417 KB, 1306x1032, 12 Parts of Story.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8735413

>> No.8735421

>>8735413
Write something you'd like to read but add in a little something that'll help sell to the minority crowd or the LGBT crowd
It's cruise control for getting published

>> No.8735427

Look at university like a four-year gym membership to a real gym hidden within a much larger fake gym, and the much larger fake gym's purpose is to entice and trick you into thinking that you've found the real gym and that you're actually getting fit, but really all you're doing is Crossfit bullshit in some wing of the fake gym with a bunch of retards, so that when you emerge after 4 years you aren't even sure you really did anything

University is like a fucking gauntlet designed to do everything it can to make you jerk off for its entire duration and learn nothing, while plastering #1 NIETZSCHE LEARNER GUY stickers to your stupid face because you took a class that summarized 37 pages of Nietzsche you half-read right before class

Look at it more like a four-year library membership, and as a responsibility to go from being a dipshit teenager to a precocious junior scholar (whether you want to go to grad school afterward or not), treat it like a hard-ass day job with long hours, look at your classes as distractions, at worst and conveniently lined up with shit you already intend to read at best, and you will avoid the trap that gets almost ALL undergraduates, even the smart people

It's not like 50/50. Every fucking person at university is wasting it. All the star students are stars at fake gym nothing nonsense bullshit. Don't be fooled. Go look up how people used to study before university was turned into a daycare, go find some 70 year old guy who did his PhD in Yugoslavia before rocks were invented and realize he did a 200-page BA thesis in 3 years while you take 5 fucking years to find your own dick and figure out how to use JSTOR

>> No.8735430
File: 101 KB, 154x256, ouuahyeh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8735398
>I've seen tens of men
I really want to believe that isn't a typo and you were just being specific.

>> No.8735433

>>8735427
Where's my time machine? ;_;

>> No.8735443

>>8735433
You supposed to invent it you STEMcuck

>> No.8735452

To be okay with being alone means you've been surrounded by people who love you, even if they aren't always there for you.

>> No.8735460

>>8735452
or you're a beast or a god

t. some greek guy

>> No.8735495

>>8735427

The sad thing is i know your right but i don't really give a shit. I educate myself on my own time, i'm just going to school for a piece of paper that will make me more marketable. I know its bullshit, but that paper is the difference between staying at my shitty manual labor job and decently paid work.

>> No.8735501

>>8735303
https://youtu.be/TLIppgE45wM

>> No.8735503

>>8735313
you are a teenager

>> No.8735514

The only thing you can control in your life is how to react to everything being thrown at you. Choose wisely.

>> No.8735533

>>8735514
yeah ok pal

good luck at reacting at a grenade being thrown at you

>> No.8735540

>>8735533
>he doesn't understand what he meant
bedtime yet kiddo?

>> No.8735546

>>8735540
I'm pretty sure he was shitposting, anon.

>> No.8735547
File: 135 KB, 866x1300, 13629432-Mischievous-kid-aiming-with-sling-isolated-Stock-Photo-boy-bad-naughty.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8735540
not yet old man

>> No.8735553

>>8735546
>he thinks there's other types of posting on 4chan
bedtime yet kiddo?

>> No.8735554

>>8735356
underrated

>> No.8735567

"The Germans are really strange people. With their profound thoughts and ideas, which they seek everywhere and project into everything, they make life harder for themselves than they should. Oh, that at long last you had the courage for once to yield yourselves to your impressions, to let yourselves be delighted, let yourself be moved, let yourself be elevated, yes, to let yourselves be taught and inspired and encouraged for something great; only do not always think that everything is vain if it is not some abstract thought or idea!"

>> No.8736044

>>8735303
Never argue with retired people on public transport.
They will overwhelm you with their numbers

>> No.8736083

1. Having a clean buttcrack will change your life. Buy a showerhead and spray your crack every day after your morning shit, and swampass will be a thing of the past.

2. Women are visual creatures and have harsher physical standards than men. They will lie about this shit, but it's true. Look good or feel bad. Your choice.

3. You're not a genius. You're going to have to work hard like everyone else.

4. Drugs are for emergencies, not casual usage. Put down the 'Tuss. It won't make you a better writer.

5. Reading is only a step or two above television and video games.

6. Gene Wolfe is not a meme.

>> No.8736086

>>8735413
Scizo homeless man tries to find his long lost brother. Meets intersting people along the way. Surrealist plot. ez.

>> No.8736088

>>8736083
>1. Having a clean buttcrack will change your life. Buy a showerhead and spray your crack every day after your morning shit, and swampass will be a thing of the past.
I do this, but more so because I sweat a lot form my ass before I poop

>> No.8736120

Do not get into fights or arguments. Never let yourself get hit in the face. Do not hit anyone in the face. A bent or broken nose is a horrifying thing to live with every day. You can't fix your nose by hand. You need to have an expensive operation that might not work. In the meantime you could have a blocked nostril permanently so you can forget about doing something athletic and you can start frequently yawning to get more oxygen.

Not everyone wants to be a scholar.

Cars slide out of control and into curbs even at slow speeds when you try to brake and there is snow, ice, or slush.

If a cop catches you doing something do not keep doing it. Stopping immediately admits you are guilty but if you continue to do what you were doing then they must pull you over. I've never met a cop who bent the rules. They are always very dutiful and they will treat minor crimes harshly and they will treat suspicious behavior or nearly criminal behavior harshly too. Don't converse with or argue with a cop. They only want you to comply. Talking will not convince them. Also, for some reason cops always want you to pull over on the edge of the road right next to you even if there is no edge of the road and you block an entire lane of a highway. They consider moving down the road for a better spot running away.

When I first got tinnitus I thought it was a rare occurrence. Ears are actually very fragile and my advice is keep the volume a little lower, get a quiet computer, and the moment something in your life seems to be hurting your ears just stop using it. Don't put up with it until you get a replacement. Once your ears become damaged enough they will be extra vulnerable and you will need an even quieter life with ear protection at the ready. Specifically avoid buying an ASUS chromebox since it has a deceptively dangerous fan.

Be really careful about what you say in a funeral speech since you are talking about someone all those people care about and you probably won't see many of them again.

Don't move to rural areas. Don't let yourself get moved to rural areas.

>> No.8736126

>>8736083
>drugs are for emergencies, not casual usage
What a fucking pussy. I didnt need to be in an emergency to want to casually do molly and have a bitch suck my nuts. Nor stay up two days straight doing lines of coke and writing furiously.
>Dare not to drugs. Dare to be a straight edge. Dare to live a boring life.

>> No.8736131

>>8736120
>Don't move to rural areas. Don't let yourself get moved to rural areas.

Elaborate, pls

>> No.8736135

>>8736126
>Nor stay up two days straight doing lines of coke and writing furiously.

How /lit/

>> No.8736136

If you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife, so from my personal point of view get an ugly woman to marry you.

>> No.8736137

>>8735303
I appeal to you therefore, brothers and sisters,[a] by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual[b] worship. 2 Do not be conformed to this world,[c] but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God—what is good and acceptable and perfect.[d]

3 For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of yourself more highly than you ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. 4 For as in one body we have many members, and not all the members have the same function, 5 so we, who are many, are one body in Christ, and individually we are members one of another. 6 We have gifts that differ according to the grace given to us: prophecy, in proportion to faith; 7 ministry, in ministering; the teacher, in teaching; 8 the exhorter, in exhortation; the giver, in generosity; the leader, in diligence; the compassionate, in cheerfulness.

9 Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good; 10 love one another with mutual affection; outdo one another in showing honor. 11 Do not lag in zeal, be ardent in spirit, serve the Lord.[e] 12 Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer. 13 Contribute to the needs of the saints; extend hospitality to strangers.

14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them. 15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly;[f] do not claim to be wiser than you are. 17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all. 18 If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all. 19 Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave room for the wrath of God;[g] for it is written, “Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord.” 20 No, “if your enemies are hungry, feed them; if they are thirsty, give them something to drink; for by doing this you will heap burning coals on their heads.” 21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

>> No.8736138

Wear sunscreen. If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by scientists, whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.

>> No.8736173

>>8736131
I think location has an profound effect on a person's life. I also think cities are more civilized and the labor is more divided because of the larger population. Also Main Street by Sinclair Lewis sort of explains how rural areas are nihilistic.

>> No.8736186

You can spend YEARS with a woman. Years of good times and love. And in about a day she can forget about all of that and hate your guts and want you dead.

Women can seriously flip like a script.

Must be something to do with biology.

>> No.8736191

College is a fucking joke. It's just one...giant...expensive...formality.

Don't go to college if you're not getting a degree in engineering or CS.

>> No.8736203

>>8736186
women can think of their previous lovers before the fucking, during the fucking and after.

>> No.8736206

>>8736136
basing your happiness on a woman is retarded, this is what men never ever see

>> No.8736207

>>8736203
What's your point?

>> No.8736209

Don't worry so much about your looks.

Just find someone that's as ugly as you are. You don't need a supermodel to make you happy. You just need someone.

>> No.8736210

>>8736173
cities are for hedonist and people who can bear solitude
countryside is for people who love solitude and have the money to live alone

>> No.8736211

>>8736120
>tinnitus
It never gets better does it? The ringing started when I was 14, and some nights I can't even fall asleep properly because of it.

>> No.8736214

>>8736136
Fuck, I know that I've heard that song before.

Who was the artist?

>> No.8736218

>>8736214
Baz Luhrmann

>> No.8736219

>>8736214
nickleback

>> No.8736222

>>8736136
Why?

>> No.8736233

dont do drugs

>> No.8736234

>>8736222
The long term benefits of marrying an ugly woman have been proved by scientists
Whereas the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable
Than my own meandering experience, I will dispense this advice now

>> No.8736247

Wield your katana on your left side, not right. It makes it easier to unsheathe if you reach across with your right arm.

>> No.8736250

>>8736211
What is yours like?

>> No.8736256
File: 53 KB, 540x720, 1453107961418.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

what is her endgame

>> No.8736259

>>8736250
It's a low pitch and everything echoes. I am able to hear silent, whisper-like sounds across a big room -- and sometimes, the ear 'pops' and the ringing increases, gets stronger. Being somewhere loud and my thoughts get lost in the sound.
Sleeping is a chore, it's enough to lay on a side, to cover the ear and then it's absolutley devastating how hard it rings and echoes.

>> No.8736264

also, the weather is very important to avoid being miserable

>> No.8736274

>>8736259
I will keep you in my thoughts. How did you get tinnitus originally?

>> No.8736275

>>8735420
>Adhering to the 3 acts meme

>> No.8736381
File: 362 KB, 1106x1012, Pepelit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

1) Sign up to a proper 6-12 week fitness programme with a personal trainer, and follow it to the letter (including diet plan/etc). I say this because 99% of the time, even when people watch shitty Youtube videos/etc, they don't know what they're doing and then give up. Thereafter, attend the gym regularly throughout the rest of your life. Not only will this help with girls in general, but also your daily life. Hard to underestimate the benefits of strength/stamina/etc.

2) Following on from #1, become a teetotaller for 99% of your life. Make exceptions for special events when it comes to alcohol. Only drink caffeinated coffee when you really have to - go for decaffeinated otherwise. Etc.

3) Set yourself limits. Most people try to read too much/do too much/etc, and then end up accomplishing nothing.

4) Force yourself to become politically apathetic at all costs. Avoid any debates about religion or philosophy, even among close friends - they will end up being a net loss, to the atmosphere if nothing else.

5) Pursue philosophy at any cost, but do so independently. Be an autodidact.

6) Embody the 4 cardinal virtues throughout your life: Honesty, with yourself and with whatever is a friend to you; courageous toward the enemy; generous toward the vanquished; polite always.

7) You can never be too accommodating when it comes to the people you encounter in daily life. Life becomes a lot more bearable when you forgive people their stupidity and plebeian nature.

8) Travel, but don't be arrogant about it. Genuinely try to learn from it. I wish there was a specific word for the sense of arrogance and pseudo-culture people have when they've just returned from some exotic destination. Don't be one of those people.

All I can think of for now.

>> No.8736382

>>8736274
Thank you.
I don't remember. One day I woke up and realized that something rings.

>> No.8736398

>>8736381

>I wish there was a specific word for the sense of arrogance and pseudo-culture people have when they've just returned from some exotic destination.

Shit you read my mind, bro.

>> No.8736479

>>8736250
>>8736382
trying doing vipassana meditation

>> No.8736490

>so many spooks

>> No.8736495

Knowing what duty and conscience require, and not acting upon them, must necessarily render a man unhappy, both with himself and with the universe. He would not be more unhappy after doing his duty than after avoiding it. Indecision is dissolution, weakness and misery. In the face of such internal conflict one has two choices: To bend his personality to his conscience, or to bend his conscience to his personality. The conscience is veritas, the spark of the divine in man, and personality a mere subjective phantom. To bend the personality is simply the shifting of shadows, while to bend the conscience is to destroy the real. Some men, in order to resolve the conflict, choose to shape the conscience according to the personality; the good and true become corrupted and destroyed for the sake of empty shadows. Others shape the personality to the conscience; the good and true are affirmed and consecrated, and the shadows are dispersed. The former are broken abominations, and the latter true to their nature.

>> No.8736500

>>8736495

To clarify myself:

Personality represents favour of one subjective preference over another. Conscience represents the the preference of true over false, and good over bad.

>> No.8736579

>>8736207
Even if she is not fucking someone else you will still be a virtual cuck.

>> No.8736591

>>8735427
>he did a 200-page BA thesis in 3 years while you take 5 fucking years to find your own dick and figure out how to use JSTOR

fug hhaha

>> No.8736651

>>8736083
>implying geniuses dont work hard

>> No.8736665

Bitches ain't shit but hoes and tricks.

>> No.8736672

Do whatever you want, really
Except drugs, being dumber will not make you happier

>> No.8736689

Just go with the flow

>> No.8736697

Don't listen to absolutely anybody here except me.

>> No.8736711

“You can only live in the world you ken. The rest is just wishful thinking or paranoia.”

>> No.8736743

Advice is selfish and shallow and doesn't pay. No one has the right answers so just piss on the fence yourself.

It can get better. Doesn't mean it will. Doesn't mean it won't.

You're entitled to NOTHING. Human rights are a meme.

You are obligated to do NOTHING. Being a functional member of society, doing the 'right' thing, pursuing religious salvation; these are all phantoms of the mind.

>> No.8736744

animu was a mistake

>> No.8736751

>>8736126
sounds positively thrilling

>> No.8736768

>>8736381

>Avoid any debates about religion or philosophy, even among close friends - they will end up being a net loss, to the atmosphere if nothing else.

Sounds like you have pretty shitty friends if such conversations end up like that.

>> No.8736795

>>8736203
Men do the same. I do. This is not gender thing.

>> No.8736797

Learn Latin
Learn Ancient Greek
Use quotations from the works of antiquity in your daily speech

>> No.8736835

>>8736797
loser who want's to sound smart.

>> No.8736838

>>8736697
and yet you say nothing.

>> No.8736902

>>8736835
begone pleb, point is not to be smart but to be patrician

>> No.8736974

-Don't avoid what makes you less sad anxious or angry, pursue what makes you feel genuinely happy.
-Be ready for anything. Learn as much practical things as you can; personal defense, electricity, plumbering, etc.
Keep your body and mind sharp. Don't allow to be taken by surprise.
-If you have chances to live a new experience, take them.
-Smalltalk is good. Try to talk to as many people as you can, store clerks, taxi drivers, etc. You may not like it, but if you see it from a practical point of view, appealing to people's good side and surrounding yourself with people thay found you likeable is extremely useful. Charity ("This round's on me", "I'll pay the cab", you get the drill) can be very effcient to achieve confidence from others. You never know when you'll need help from others. Plus, reputation from being a good natured or charismatic guys can be useful too.
-Express yourself by writing or painting. Hidden emotions can come out unexpected one day, and you won't like it when that happens. I keep my texts cryptical so I can talk about whatever I want without feeling shame or exposing dark secrets to others.
-Stand up for what you think is right. Don't let you or people you love being pushed around, nor you have to follow every order blindly.
-Attempt to generate a constant crisis in your way of thinking. Always find flaws, logical fallacies, hidden meanings or things that make no sense in your philosophy. Don't take anything for granted, research and reason with yourself or others.
-Happiness is personal and subjective. You must achieve it by yourself, no one can help you, sadly.
-Deattach yourself from other people and material things. Sure, having cool things and loving your family is good, but clinging to them as if they are the only thing that exist is unhealthy. You'll have to cope with their loss.

>> No.8736989

>>8736974
You sound like a sociopath

>> No.8736999

>>8736120
>I've never met a cop who bent the rules
this is how i know your white

>> No.8737002

>>8736999
This is how I know you dindu nuffin

>> No.8737004

>>8735303
forgive yourself, do favors for yourself
get into the habit of being successful
read books constantly and work out frequently

>> No.8737010

Never date a man with a waifu. You will always be garbage to him, he will always put you in second place.

>> No.8737019

>>8736381
Rare high quality frogpost

Bless your heart

>> No.8737022

>>8735303
1. Making sure the body is all right is important for mental well-being. Sleeping well and regularly, getting exercise, eating right, are all vital. Neglect can lead to depression.

2. A depression can't be thought trough; the problems lies with the perception of the problem, i.e. in its assumptions and premises, and not in any of the objects outlined in the depressed thoughts (e.g. thoughts about being ugly, stupid, worthless, and their supposed proofs)

3. Being at peace is better than exhilaration and pleasure.

>> No.8737027

>>8736989
I'm not. Or at least that's what my therapist says.
Why do you think so, anon?

>> No.8737040

>>8736974
A few more thing to add:
-Don't underestimate sleep. Use it as much as you need it, it's very important.
-Be aware of your surroundings, it can help a lot in emergencies and socially, plus you can find many beautiful small things or details you weren't aware of before.

>> No.8737043

>>8737022
God tier advice there.

>> No.8737112

Friendship is powerful enough to defeat Dark Lords of Magic

>> No.8737116

>>8737022

I sort of disagree with your point on depression. There has been some interesting new research on Depression that points to it not being chiefly a psychological issue but rather an immune response to certain psychological conditions. The idea is that essentially your body's immune system generates symptoms in response to certain psychological triggers that we normally expect from physical ailments like a viral infection, a bacterial infection, a cut, a broken bone, or even a bruise.

For example, if you catch a cold the actual virus doesn't cause many of your symptoms, it is actually your own immune system generating them in an attempt to fight off the virus. A lot of the time the immune response can be a lot more serious than the initial symptoms from the virus to begin with. This might seem like an 'oversight' on behalf of your immune system but making you feel like shit is actually the whole point. Your body doesn't want you wasting any energy when it is fighting off the infection, it wants to sit your ass down on your couch and look completely pathetic so OTHER humans will expend energy to help you.

Well, I'm not an expert on the issue, but if any of this interests anyone reading then I would recommend searching around google with the keywords 'depression' and 'inflammation' (inflammation is sort of the immune systems generic response to anything it deems bad).

>> No.8737187

>>8736797

Have a friend who just graduated with a degree in latin, currently enrolled in a masters program. He does this shit all the time. I can tell you from personal experience that I and the other people around him actually think less of him for doing this tryhard pseudo-intellectual posturing day in and day out, and since it clearly offers him no internal satisfaction since he is so desperate for external validation of himself, it is a net loss of effort and a waste of the potential of a human being.

>> No.8737241

>>8737187
I think you just can't handle his patricianness tbqh
It is not his fault that you don't "get it". The intricacies and the sophistication can only be mastered in due time.

>> No.8737449

The path of least resistance is often the path of least progress.
>>8735313
>implying you can't overcome nihilism
It's hard work, yeah, but who said happiness was supposed to be easy?
>>8735427
This is a really inspiring post and something I needed to read right now. Thanks anon.

>> No.8737473
File: 1.46 MB, 340x255, tfw no busty gf.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8736381

Thank you Pepe.

>> No.8737476

Don't use your intellect (which really isn't as mighty as you think) as a defense against being hurt by others. You're not as deep as you think. In fact, you should let yourself be shallow. You won't lose anything, and it will only deepen your connection with the short term, everyday circumstances that occupy the bulk of people's lives. The best way to connect with others is to find things that you both like or both hate, and shallow, superficial cultural artifacts are useful because they provide easy points for this identification. Most people are deeper than you think, but you need to connect with them before you can get to that. Be patient. Listen. Don't try to convince them you're right. Meet them where they are and let yourself believe everything they say. You can always offer another point of view later.

>> No.8737484

I was born in 85 and I do not see a difference with the young shitheads.

the obvious change is the mobile internet. Today children revolve around this and I glad to avoid having mobile internet at school, where mockery can reach a new level.
The good news is that shaming on the internet does not last, even though the consequences are deeper. Of course, the people being shamed will shame other people too, so there will be no end to thi.s

otherwise, teens today dwell even more about american entertainment and they love to try to speak english.

they also want to feel deep, but the social media makes them believe that they are deep for liking/disliking such or such idea/activity because somebody else on FB agrees on this. It is really stupid but little communities makes people think they are right.

Last point is that older people think that ''having wikipedia in your hand'' will change the world. THis is deluded ''liberalism is to educated people, not being hedonistic'' liberal tier.

The whores 2.0 can earn a bit of money by leading men to provide for them, just by showing their boobs.
The female teens have also access to a wider herd of males and males love to entertain girls online, so this is nice for girls.

I like also that men now go to the gym, only to please girls. men take pictures of them naked in bathroom, just like girls, but they do not broadcast this.
Men get now that their place is to please women.

>> No.8737486

>>8736381
Probably the worst post in this thread

>> No.8737525
File: 59 KB, 1920x1080, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Your self image is at the center of everything in your life. Everything will point at it, and it will be the burning flame to make you excel or fail at anything you are currently doing.

Be it writing (am I sturdy enough to endure this writing session until completion?)
Be it exercising (I've been practicing, could I lift that much by now?)
Be it flirting (am I good enough that I can make this person feel attracted by me?)

And the most unseen truth is that you are. You will need to practice coming from ground zero, you will fail, but you are.
One thing people overlook is how the masters have failed more than any "loser" has ever tried.

The easiest way to look at this: When you're confronted with the thing you reason you should do and the thing you want to do, do the former. You will be better for it most of the times.

>> No.8737536

>>8737486

Actually it's the best post ITT.

>> No.8737573

>>8735303
Your FACE, HEIGHT and FRAME are LITERALLY the ONLY things that MATTER.

>> No.8737596

>>8737573
>face
trash
>height
1,75 or 5'9
>frame
skinnyfat

should I just kill myself?

>> No.8737599
File: 417 KB, 1200x630, 1477942197136.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8737596
Yep

>> No.8737600
File: 526 KB, 1380x1130, 1459270034718.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

At 15, you think of your 20
at 20 you think of your 25
at 25, you think of your 30
at 30, well this one is big, you think of your 35 and 40
at 35, you think of your 40 and 45
at 40, you think of your 50
at 45 you think of you 55 and 60

until you reach 25 you think about your pleasures ahead

at 25, you wonder whether hedonism or suicide is all there is to life, but you fail to find an escape, especially to find a solution on your own. So why not do what everybody else does, after all, it cannot be so bad if so many people do it?
But of course, you know that you are too scared to pull off suicide and even worse, you hear that ''suicide is for pussies'', plus you tell yourself that it would make your mom cry. So you stick to hedonism and try to make your life full of ''good moments''.

you clearly despise to be alone
(this applies to men only, since women cannot be alone naturally at this age)

at 30 you still have not seen anything outside hedonism, so you stick to it and strive for it.
You know that junk food and beer take their toll and you hit the gym but you notice that 25 yo men have been already the gym for a few years already while claiming that ''they do not do it for girls, they swear''. You notice that women at work or in social circles outside of work notice your work at the gym. You soon understand that no matter how much you lift, your face remain average.

at 35 you fully know that trying to keep being a normie is draining and requires means that you do not have, even worse, means that other people have, more or less for free or without much effort, but not you [typically for housing, where the babyboomers have the power on the estate market and girls]. You notice that other women appreciate you more, if you are already in a relationship.

at 40 you clearly think that being a normie is worth it, especially if you think that 30-yo gf is not cucking you or bear ''your'' child and you do above average at your job.

at 45, you wonder, jsut like your gf approaching 40 (but you do not know it), whether breaking up is not an option and you want to ''offer the best to your kids'', you go fantasizing about being a libertarian, as in dreaming about taxing 100% of the inheritance to have more equal society, mostly out of bitterness from the older generation (who "has it all"), but clearly, and you are even pride of this, you stick to playing by the rules of the game of the baby boomers so that perhaps, one day, you would have all their riches. (because if you would stop this game right now, you imagine easily being swindled wrt to the people who play the game, LIke the misanthrope who like the idea of the humanity dying, but ofc only if he is the last man to die.)

>> No.8737607
File: 82 KB, 620x521, 1466029002523.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

at 50, you just want to retire and see your daughter avoid marrying (whatever you put behind) ''the pleb'' but you are happy that some guy chooses to provide for her (just like you did at his age) or rather you build a sweet certitude that your daughter will do well without too much work on your side, nor on her side... You want your children to find a job instead of costing you money, especially the boy since boys end up too many times back to their room (for a few years) since girls find a way to shack up with whatever man is ready to pay the rent.

at 65, After some of your acquaintances have died or been ill, You fear cancer more and more and you think that, all those years, your wife was right to be a ball breaker about pesticides on apples and salads and that she better sticks to organic products.

your 60 yo wife drags you to some ''meditation learning course'' where you are taught that ''the capitalist society is wrong in making people consume more and more and happiness is just being nice to people and letting go'' and you must learn to ''follow your breath'' while crossing your legs 15 minutes a day. It hurts your knees too much to do it, so you do not do it.

You are also at peace with cucking. You even think that it is expected and that ''everybody is a cuck anyway''.

you tell your children that it is worth it to be a normie and hope to die in your sleep with someone on your side.

>> No.8737610

>>8736173
>how rural areas are nihilistic.
Kek. The centers of hedonism and solitude (cities) are somehow not nihilistic? In the 21st century, almost 95% of people living in a city are atheist (in the west). Most theists in the west live in the countryside. Plus the countryside is much more comfy. You must be poor to say that cities are more civilized.

>> No.8737615

>>8737599
Thanks Elliot

>> No.8737620

Reading 4chan posts won't help you if you don't have the proper discipline, introspection, and patience necessary to become a genuinely pleasant and intelligent person. Don't think you're amazing because you can act like a wise grandpa and give out life advice when it's obvious from the amount of posts in this thread that anyone can do that.

>> No.8737623

>>8736381
>4) Force yourself to become politically apathetic at all costs. Avoid any debates about religion or philosophy, even among close friends - they will end up being a net loss, to the atmosphere if nothing else.

If debating (civilized) about politics, philosophy, etc triggers them on a personal level enough to make them hate you, they're not really your friends.

>> No.8737628

>>8736138
Underrated

>> No.8737632
File: 41 KB, 534x849, 1479178259181.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8737615
No problem buddy

>> No.8737687

Just read stirner and un-cuck yourself boi

>> No.8737728

>>8736233
What about DUDE?

>> No.8737734

>>8736256
Post more of her feet, desu.

>> No.8737746

Shutting yourself in your room for "self-study" won't make you a savant.

The Count of Monte Cristo was fiction.

>> No.8737759

>>8737746
Fuck you.

>> No.8737765

>>8735304
Yeah, this is the truth

>> No.8737773

>>8736256
who's that?

>> No.8737786

>>8737623

>If debating (civilized) about politics, philosophy, etc triggers them on a personal level enough to make them hate you, they're not really your friends.

Debating religion/philosophy/politics always triggers people. Some people just cover it up better than others.

>> No.8737803

dare to make people on /lil/ CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE CRINGNNNGGGEEEENEENENENENENNENENENENENENNNENENENENEEEEEEEEEEEE

>> No.8737818

>>8737728
Thats the worst one
If you are gonna do drugs do psychedelics
Just dont go full DUDE GOD IS THIS ROCK LMAO

>> No.8737859

>>8736381
>force yourself to become politically apathetic at all costs.
>be honest with yourself.

Giving up on your political beliefs and opinions just to fit in with your friends is not being honest toward yourself. It also shows that you have shit friends.

>> No.8737861
File: 23 KB, 595x160, sourceengineisgood.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8735313
>nihilism
Awwww so cute, did baby just start pondering existence?

>> No.8737867

Small decisions add up to big ones, not the other way around.

>> No.8737893
File: 53 KB, 692x488, beat it.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8737859

>Giving up on your political beliefs and opinions just to fit in with your friends is not being honest toward yourself

You don't have to tell OTHERS what you really think to be honest with YOURSELF.

This is the art of hypocrisy.

>> No.8737919
File: 1.65 MB, 3264x2448, IMG_0315.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Understand that people aren't supposed to live the way you do, trying to convince yourself that you're having fun while doing the things you enjoy is an indicator of a seratonin deficiency, or lack of drive. Get diagnosed, get medicated, and live your life how you really wanted to live it.

>> No.8737970

>>8735503
grasping denialist, masks insecurity with intolerable smug facade
>>8737449
hasn't been exposed to Real Life™ yet
>>8737861
Same as the first fag.

So what are your answers to the void, you who lie to yourselves and others?

Your inability to cope with total freedom of choice has no bearing on the nature of existence.

>> No.8737975

>>8735427
>Go look up how people used to study
where? i am a retard

>> No.8737985
File: 142 KB, 422x422, 1462955085591.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8737970
I don't care about the void, the same way the void doesn't care about me.

It doesn't matter. None of it matters.

>> No.8737991

>>8735338
underrated

>> No.8738041

>>8737919
Cuck post of the year

>> No.8738047

>>8735303
It is very convenient to have a friend who is a doctor/nurse (specially administrative nurses)

>> No.8738110

>>8737010

this one hits close to home

>> No.8738136

>>8735427
>Go look up how people used to study before university was turned into a daycare,

was it really that different compared to how it is now?

>> No.8738284

((( >>8737919 )))
>get medicated
thank you you are my greatest ally

>> No.8738306

>>8735313
>put pencil on the floor
>"You cannot get it any lower than that, man."

>> No.8738369
File: 96 KB, 748x710, 1455532256371.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8737116

That's fascinating anon, I had no idea it could be something like that.

So if I want to cure depression I should act like a huge baby and demand jello, a soft blanket, and a band of brothers dvd from the video store. Also butter toast with no crust.

>> No.8738387

>>8735412
Not them, but it depends. Could be 50/50, your genetics could have a say in it, too.

>> No.8738405

>>8737610
This. Iive in a city, and my goal in life is to get the HECK out of here and move to a rural area. The overall atmosphere/feel here makes me sad and feel like i'm under pressure. Whenever I'm at a friend's living in the countryside, I'm way happier.

>> No.8738413

>>8735303
ITT: women are whores

You can't love unless you believe in love, and believing in love means acknowledging the perfect, unconditional love we receive from God.

>> No.8738416

>>8735303
Nothing really matters

>> No.8738423
File: 63 KB, 640x784, 1476100416079.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8737985
that's pretty much Nihilism you dope

>> No.8738427
File: 124 KB, 633x758, Dry.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8737620
>Don't think you're amazing because you can act like a wise grandpa

What the fuck am I then supposed to do? My emotions are so muted that as a person I would be a void if I wouldn't be well-read
My only function in my social life is to be that wise boi who is liked by everybody but nobodys friend. Well-spoken but completely neutral, I have never experienced a close relationship but I'm held in respect by people who know me.
I hate it but I can't do anything else

>> No.8738436

>>8738413
Not all women are whores. some are sluts.

Some are just regular fucking chicks that wanna screw sometimes.

and some are prudes who think fucking is evil.

Find the right ones, they exist. There's all different types of women so you can pick them up according to your needs.

If you're well off but ugly and have low confidence, go find a whore.

If you're handsome and got some charisma go find a slut (the better you look and talk, the cleaner and prettier sluts you can grab)

>> No.8738437

>>8738413
Well said, friendo.

>> No.8738446

>>8738427
I bet you're worse off than you say you are.
I think you WANT to be the guy everybody respects and thinks is smart, but you're not. you fantasize about it when you type comments into 4chan.

But you know people aren't going to just believe your shit right off, so you add self deprecating details to make it seem more realistic, like saying you never had a close relationship.

You want us to think you're some genius misunderstood loner, like an anime character. but the reality is far worse, you might be stupid, lonely, poor, and ugly. life isn't fair sometimes

>> No.8738461

>>8738446
Not the same faggot but Im all of those
What do?

>> No.8738474

>>8738461
>inb4 kill yourself

but seriously don't. You can be useful to society. If you're stupid you need to get a good job that any schmuck can do. Try being a manager at a fast food place, truck driving, or day trading.

Being stupid only matters in the technical aspects of life like work, so once you get a good job you can be stupid as well as not being poor anymore.

if you make enough money you don't have to be lonely, people with money attract social interaction no matter how ugly they are

>> No.8738487

>>8735304
>Fell in love with a goth girl.
>She ended up being a lesbian.

Wish I was dead to be honest.

>> No.8738491

>>8738446
These are just honest conclusions I've made out of peoples actions.
When people have problems or are sad, they come to me to be comforted or to tell their worries, when they have an argument they ask my opinion
I have never had a close relationship, not with my family, not with my childhood friends (we moved often), not with my girlfriends.
I don't think I'm a genius misunderstood loner, I'm a very well understood average loner, though I try to hide it from other people
I've never watched anime
I don't think I'm stupid, though I am rather lonely, I originate of lower middle class so not exactly poor. I have no idea what makes a man attractive, but girls that meet me for the first time are often flirtatious and approach me. If they wouldn't I would still be a virgin since I really don't know how to approach people, but after they get very quickly bored of me for my personality is so very dull and unemotional. I haven't been in a conflict with another person in 6 years

>> No.8738522

You should not reproduce because your genetics are garbage.

>> No.8738530

>>8735427
I only get this now. If I'd have read this while in university I would have 'got it', jerked off and called my dealer.

>> No.8738538

>>8738446
desu sounds like someones projecting

>> No.8738546

If you want to do something, be the type of person that does that. EX: If you want to be a good golfer, then practice and take lessons like a good golfer would do.

This is not the same as posing, however. This means that to be something you have to do the things that these actual "somethings" would be doing. Your mileage may vary but you'll pretty much always be better off.

>> No.8738554

>>8738446
That's not to say that life is unfair either.

>> No.8738563

drugs help.

>> No.8738732
File: 77 KB, 600x600, zappa quote.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8735427
I suspect you're Sam Hyde,and i'm glad you posted all this ,thanks.

>> No.8738978
File: 17 KB, 200x310, 200px-Kokoro01.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I feel like a ponce trying to think of life lessons to share. I'm only 25, what the fuck do I know?

>> No.8739104

>>8736209
>You don't need a supermodel to make you happy. You just need someone.
Thanks for clearing up my mind. You're right.

>> No.8739155
File: 38 KB, 640x270, 1463299046612.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8737818
fuck off,at least its better than alcohol or pills

t. alcohol and pills addict

>> No.8739162

>>8735303
Always spring for the good toilet paper

>> No.8739163

Drink lots of water

Keep a physical journal for important thoughts, as well as things you feel the need to remember

Don't put all of your chips in one person, but don't spread yourself out too much either. Keep a few close friends.

Even once you've established a comfortable relationship with a girl you're interested in, don't just assume that she feels the exact way that you do. This leads to bad misunderstandings and broken hearts. Patience is important in romance, but don't be distant either.

>> No.8739165

>>8735427
First year first semester of college and ive got a 12 page seminary work with regular seminary works by the side
And thats only worthless intro just to get a feeling

t. Exyu student

>> No.8739172

>>8735427
This. So much this. If you don't see your classrooms as a basket full of children slowing you down, you are doing it wrong. Your classes should be a footnote to the amount of reading you get done.

>> No.8739176

>>8735421
Or, you can write a super right wing book. Call for ethnic cleansing of the jews and minorities. Make the book your manual for world domination. Don't pussy out now. Follow through with your plan and follow the book best you can. Call it "My Struggle" and then watch as it becomes one of the most known books of all time. All it took was going to prison and gassing some 6 million people but it was well worth it.

>> No.8739177

>>8736120
>Never seen a cop bend the rules
>hates rural areas
You westerners are weird af

>> No.8739261

>>8738474
>useful
>society
Stopped reading there, you are clearly perma-cucked.

>> No.8739269

>>8735303
DON'T SCROLL UP AND READ ANY POSTS IN THIS THREAD

>> No.8739286

>>8739163
>Keep a physical journal for important thoughts, as well as things you feel the need to remember

What about If you use you're computer instead of a physics notepad?

>Even once you've established a comfortable relationship with a girl you're interested in, don't just assume that she feels the exact way that you do. This leads to bad misunderstandings and broken hearts. Patience is important in romance, but don't be distant either

This. This has led to my man falling out with several different women. I still need to learn how to do this.

>> No.8739291

>>8739286
Computers can be useful, especially if security is important to you. I myself just find it a lot more gratifying to actually write down things, it makes it feel a lot more personal.

>> No.8739317

>>8735427
>you take 5 fucking years to find your own dick and figure out how to use JSTOR
That Fucking feel hahahaha
Lol

>> No.8739320

>>8736083
>5. Reading is only a step or two above television and video games.
Diablo 3 here I come

>> No.8739339

Read Siddhartha.
Read Zen Mind: Beginner's Mind by Suzuki.
Only date women who are smarter than you.
Use your blinker when you're driving.
Let people in your lane when you see their blinker, don't be one of those guys who speeds up.
Accept death with open arms, enjoy life but understand that hedonism and succumbing to vices is literally personal enslavement.
Discipline = freedom.
White Castle is an underrated fast food chain.

Don't set goals, set themes because with goals you're telling yourself you'll never be happy until you achieve it, and by the time you do so you'll just set a new goal and be in an endless cycle of unhappiness. With themes you are forced to live in the moment and appreciate each moment.

Be very conscious of vanity, or wanting to impress others in some way, and try to minimize it as much as possible. But you should still respect others.

Anal is either overrated or not worth the whining and persuasion you have to go through to get most decent women to try it.

>> No.8739361

save your money
self discipline is really important when youre in your 20s
you cant convince anyone to do anything
meditation is helpful as is working out

>> No.8739369

If you start thinking about Dostoevsky excerpts while having sex it will help you not cum as fast but if you think about David Foster Wallace or his excerpts you will cum faster

>> No.8739372

>>8739339
>Anal is either overrated or not worth the whining and persuasion you have to go through to get most decent women to try it.

Why the fuck would anyone ever try anal? What are you, a closet faggot or something? Just fuck her in the pussy like a normal hetero.

>> No.8739389
File: 137 KB, 1242x668, 1469241418990.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8739339
>>Only date women who are smarter than you.

Why??? I read something like this in a magazine when i was a kid but they never explained WHY???

>> No.8739446

being beautiful is what makes life pleasurable. when you are beautiful, you are god like.

>> No.8739458

>>8737573
YOU will work out for DAYS at the GYM while CHAD is at HOME eating PIZZA

>> No.8739460

>>8739389
these men think that a smart woman will be more demanding about pleasures, therefore less men would try to satisfy her and they would avoid being cucks

>> No.8739466

>>8739372
kek ur a big dumbass

>> No.8739469

>>8739466
Shut the fuck up, faggot, before I fuck you raw in your boipucci.

>> No.8739475

there are two kinds of girl inside each girl,
-the girl who loves sex and money
-the girl who loves money and sex

each woman you see is both, sometimes one side can dominate and the next hour the other side will take over

>> No.8739479

>>8739469
;)

> boipucci
Do u pronounce this as 'pussy' or 'pucci' like gucci?

>> No.8739482

>>8739475
Girls don't like sex

>> No.8739492

women will seem less and less important as time goes on and you gain experience with them

for every non-cucked normal man who takes care of himself, by about age 40 he realizes women are actual children who never grow up, but they do expire rapidly and turn into disgusting pigs who end up enslaving most of your friends and ruining their lives

ain't nothing transcendent or poetic about an angel that turns into a pig after 3 years of angelicness and then steals all your fucking money

you get tired of fucking them, too!

t. old

>> No.8739493
File: 179 KB, 900x2077, 1463092913370.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.8739495

>>8738369
>So if I want to cure depression I should act like a huge baby and demand jello, a soft blanket, and a band of brothers dvd from the video store. Also butter toast with no crust.
you can do this only once you are a woman, but women are not depressed easily, contrary to men

>> No.8739502

>>8739493
all the great men throughout history were just lucky individuals who caught a glimpse of idiot women having sex dreams about donald trump and thought "that could be me"

>> No.8739504

You aren't better than anyone else just because your hobby is to read faggoty books instead of watching faggoty TV shows.

>> No.8739521

>>8738047
>>It is very convenient to have a friend who is a doctor/nurse (specially administrative nurses)
this
more generally, be friends with people who create and destroy rules, or at least with people who deal with rules.

>> No.8739534

>>8735427

I dunno,

I went to uni because I was mildly interested in the subject matter. I learned some stuff and had fun, I don't regret it.

>> No.8739536

>>8735303

If a woman likes you, you have 3 days to act or nothing will happen. Your window of opportunity is 3 days.

>> No.8739541

The best option is ending your life. If you can't do that, compromise

>> No.8739555

>>8739536
You are definitely a virgin.

>> No.8739573

You are where you are because of your choices. Cherish them, don't hate them.

Love yourself before loving someone else. Otherwise you will resent them for not giving enough love and you become dependant.

Women are different than men. Find one which loves you and you love.

>> No.8739598

>>8735427
BASED

>> No.8739676

Once you've gotten comfortably well read, gone through the major classics and so on, slow down on it and branch out into other interests or work on your social life. The books are always going to be there, it's not a race.

>> No.8739683

There's no neutrality or separation between real and political life.

>> No.8739697

>>8735303
The death of your parents can be liberating

>> No.8739700

Books end up taking up a lot of space and are a total bitch to move. So only keep books you can't part with, either cause you like them so much or cause they're useful for reference. Don't be ridiculous as to keep a book you didn't like or hold onto that one book you've left unread for years and have no real interest in anymore. If you want to revisit one of these books for whatever reason there's always the library. Think of books mainly as temporary vessels, the necessary object bringing the idea to your head.

>> No.8739702

>>8739372

It's amazingly tight. I don't know why any women put up with it though, I think they must get off on the sheer degradation of it because unlike men they have no prostate to make it fun.

Next time you meet a nice girl ask her if you can put it in her pooper and find out for yourself.

>> No.8739703

>>8738487
didn't this happen to every weird kid in high school? lmao

>> No.8739708

>>8739700
>Think of books mainly as temporary vessels, the necessary object bringing the idea to your head.

This. For this reason alone, I have no qualms for giving my books away to friends and family, selling them even.

>> No.8739709
File: 425 KB, 1464x1766, Zeus_Ammon_(Antikensammlung_München).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Women over the age of 20 are not worth even 20 minutes of effort

>> No.8739711

>>8735427
Thank you for this post, starting uni next years and I'll keep the gym analogy in mind. I'll always be searching for that real gym.

>> No.8739713

>>8735452
aww <3

>> No.8739714

>>8735427

delet this

>> No.8739753

What no one ever explained to me about confidence is that it's not about being totally guaranteed of your own success, or being so stupid that you can drive off the lingering thoughts of failure from your mind and numb yourself to that possibility. Rather, it's about acknowledging that if you fail, you have the strength to deal the consequences.

>> No.8739757

>>8735303
Avoid 4chan as much as possible

>> No.8739761

>>8739757
It's already too late for that, kiddo.

>> No.8739764

>>8735452
>To be okay with being alone means you've been surrounded by people who love you, even if they aren't always there for you.
this is what women think

>> No.8739766

>>8739761
It's too late for me but it may not be too late for someone lurking this thread

>> No.8739776

1. Contemplate Hell often. Do not fall into the nonsense Francis is spewing, God cannot go over his justice for the sake of his mercy because they do not exist independently, he is perfectly simple and will throw you into ever burning pits of Hell for failing to do his will.
This is the path to virtue. Always keep the final things in mind when doing anything. This will make your time on earth valuable.
2. Be completely honest when it comes to defending your views, but do not pretend to know things which you don't. This will purge your false friends from your true ones. If you have diametrically opposed views and they stick around it is a good sign.
3. Focus on reading a topic of interest and be good at it. You will not be able to pursue epistemology alongside something completely unrelated to a satisfactory degree.
4. If she might be a thot, she most certainly is.
5. Prayer is hard. So devote your work to God and read spirituality before sleep. It will make your prayer focused and intense and you will walk out knowing more.

>> No.8739819

>>8735427
This. There's all thise people that shit on college but there are a number of excellent resources there and you can find them. You only get as much out of college as you put in and they're expecting/requiring less so it gets easier and now a basic degree isn't anything too special and a bunch of pseudo-intellectuals have figured that college/higher learning is just a meme that people fell for when it's a resourceost just forgot how to exploit.

>> No.8739881

>>8736381
>gym
This. It changed my life. The high I get from it is truly beautiful.

And don't forget some cardio. Go run twice a week, or swim, or cycle.

>> No.8739925 [SPOILER] 
File: 82 KB, 600x800, 1479553996885.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8735303
You are not bisexual you are just a lonely sexually frustrated virgin.

>> No.8739938

>>8739925
This. Not getting laid and spending too much on 4chan eventually makes you bi and finally gay.

>> No.8739973

>>8739339
discipline = freedom
anal = not decent woman
read siddhartha = some kind of enlightment
vices = personal enslavement
life = not personal enslavement
set goals = not set themes
read zen mind = confirm your enlighment

you are so fucked up in your hypocrisy that you dont know how to get out of yourself. you are literally screaming.

>> No.8739995

>>8738423
>pretty much

so it's not

>> No.8740006
File: 2.78 MB, 2464x1632, 1398620801320.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Who you're with is more important than where you are and what you're doing

>> No.8740012

>>8735354
How to gain rethoric skills?

>> No.8740020

>>8735420
How to make stories boring and predictable: the guide.

I've always hated this shit.

>> No.8740022

>>8735313
>learn to live with it
This is literally a refutation of nihilism though

>> No.8740023

>>8739495
Depression is proved to be much more common among women, buddy.

>> No.8740033

>>8736120
>don't move to rural areas

Why not?

>> No.8740050

>>8736250
>>8736259

"Place the palms of your hands over your ears with fingers resting gently on the back of your head. Your middle fingers should point toward one another just above the base of your skull. Place your index fingers on top of you middle fingers and snap them (the index fingers) onto the skull making a loud, drumming noise. Repeat 40-50 times. Some people experience immediate relief with this method. Repeat several times a day for as long as necessary to reduce tinnitus."

works for me desu

>> No.8740067

no matter what, stay calm

>> No.8740075

>>8740023
"depression"

>> No.8740181

>>8736083
Some books are from the real world and some books are from the same shit world than videogames and other shit. Don't mess things up.

What really matters is your mind when reading. If its god-tier like good readers mind is, then we are talking about real world tier.

>> No.8740203

An important thing I learned from Goethe:

"Erst Zelt aufbauen, dann trinken."

>> No.8740249

>>8736083
>3. You're not a genius. You're going to have to work hard like everyone else.
this here is implying that geniuses don't work hard lmao, find me one (1) genius that didn't work hard to be #1. Geniuses work 5x as hard as normies.

>> No.8740254
File: 1.04 MB, 2000x1965, wot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8736138
>tfw i'm brown

sunscreen is the most white people problem ever lol

>> No.8740278

>>8740050
Holy shit, it actually helps
Thank you, anon

>> No.8740308

>>8740203

>Tfw Goethe warned against whiskey-dick

I coincidentally could have used this advice before trying to fug my second gf, a german girl, after 6 cans of beer.

>> No.8740324
File: 7 KB, 153x179, 1447174512394.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Never read the dragontails

>> No.8740339

>>8740249
>find me one (1) genius that didn't work hard to be #1. Geniuses work 5x as hard as normies.

me :^)

>> No.8740347

>>8736743
>You're entitled to NOTHING. Human rights are a meme.
>You are obligated to do NOTHING. Being a functional member of society, doing the 'right' thing, pursuing religious salvation; these are all phantoms of the mind.

So right and so wrong at the same time. Yes, no one is entitled to anything, but living a life devoid of duty to something higher is precisely the reason why our current world is so shitty. Im not saying you should be a "functional member of society", but you should always strive for higher ideals than just living a comfy material life

>> No.8740360

>>8735427
I wish I'd realized this four years ago

It's all true

>> No.8740405

>>8740347
noice slave mentality you got there, laddie

>> No.8740434

>>8740405
Same goes for you

>> No.8740457

>>8735313
>refute

>> No.8740470

>>8735427
>Look at it more like a four-year library membership, and as a responsibility to go from being a dipshit teenager to a precocious junior scholar (whether you want to go to grad school afterward or not), treat it like a hard-ass day job with long hours, look at your classes as distractions, at worst and conveniently lined up with shit you already intend to read at best, and you will avoid the trap that gets almost ALL undergraduates, even the smart people

This is the truth, especially "class as convenient distraction."

My BA thesis was required to be 30-40 pages; I am disappointed in myself that it is only shaping up to be 60-70. I had planned 100, and even that was short IRL. But there's always the MA.

People who don't spend time in the library are so fucked if they major in English.

>> No.8740482

>>8736083
Genius is nothing but extraordinary capacity for work, obsessional interest in a field with wide implications, and a certain talent for concise expression. None of these can be "learned," but they can all be self-taught.

>> No.8740495

>>8736381
>4) Force yourself to become politically apathetic at all costs. Avoid any debates about religion or philosophy, even among close friends - they will end up being a net loss, to the atmosphere if nothing else.
>5) Pursue philosophy at any cost, but do so independently. Be an autodidact.

these are incompatible, bourgeois swine.

>> No.8740500
File: 55 KB, 607x608, Choke em dead.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8740495

>these are incompatible

>> No.8740503

>>8735303

1) good zen practice makes most other things irrelevant, at least for me, I feel very one with the universe in my meditation, and I think most people can if they tried it. I've found that 99.9999% of the negative thoughts I've had can be alleviated by this, and I've been pretty chill ever since.
2) reading is a nice hobby, especially if you remove any obligation to finish a book, or brag about finishing a book, and just read for the purpose of immersing yourself in another world and appreciating the writing quality and the hard work and thought the author put into it, for great writers I find that I never want the book to end.

That's probably the best universal advice I can provide, anything else would just be my personal preference about stuff

>> No.8740659
File: 33 KB, 470x530, katya.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8739925
Probably the most useful advice in the thread.
Not that it's going to stop anyone whacking it to traps.

>> No.8740688
File: 160 KB, 569x299, fet.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8740503
>1) good zen practice makes most other things irrelevant, at least for me, I feel very one with the universe in my meditation, and I think most people can if they tried it. I've found that 99.9999% of the negative thoughts I've had can be alleviated by this, and I've been pretty chill ever since.
any instruction material to get into it?

>> No.8740906

>>8740688
zen mind: beginner's mind by Suzuki is probably the simplest and most effective way. Alan Watts and Jon Kabat Zinn are brilliant but their major works have a lot more theory, while Suzuki straight up says you actually dont need to understand as much of the theory to practice.

>> No.8740911
File: 1.82 MB, 2592x1936, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8740688
Pic & also Alan Watts

>> No.8740915

>>8740911
this is a good one too. but if you're looking to just straight up practice meditation and feel zen, zen mind beginner's mind by suzuki is superior. if you're interested in the theory and history of the philosophy side then this what this guy recommends + alan watts is perfect

>> No.8740927
File: 192 KB, 1280x1629, tumblr_ogrfubf3tW1r71ujdo1_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

-meditation is boring and difficult as hell, and physically painful and not fun and doesn't release stress for many people and is often unsettling

- learn the different between something being bad and not liking something

- become apathetic towards as much as you can

- never try to be happy

- learn to be your own best friend and have a good time hanging out with yourself.

>> No.8740955

>>8740927
i can tell you practice meditation incorrectly. if you have any goal of achieving anything in meditation then you completely miss the point. meditation and zen is about non-achievement. you should read zen mind: beginner's mind

>> No.8740956

>>8740050
God bless you, anon. I'm weeping tears of joy here.

>> No.8740961
File: 291 KB, 750x366, 1453241268182.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you can't learn to love yourself, learn to love hating yourself.

>> No.8740973

>>8740927
shit post, tumblr image, what else is new

>> No.8740975

>>8740955
i can tell you've never sat in meditation for very long if you think it is anything but a struggle

>> No.8740978

>>8740975
i can tell your attitude toward meditation was to achieve something when the practice was developed for the purpose of non-achievement. did u learn about meditation from Tai Lopez?

>> No.8740993

>>8740978
im not sure why you people become so defensive about some old psychology tricks that hardly anyone really does anymore.

maybe you had a good time with it.

most people don't. it kind of sucks, but perhaps not achieving anything only left me with what i already had.

>> No.8740996

>>8740927
>i dont like meditation so it's bad
>a big life lesson of mine is to learn the difference between something being bad and not liking it

>> No.8741003

>>8740996
you've read that as if i said boring, difficult, painful, not fun, are all 'bad' things.

marathon runners will tell you the boredom in training is of legendary level of boredom as well

I am saying with those two posts i didnt like meditation but that doesnt mean it is bad

>> No.8741039

>>8741003
the correct way to say what you said is "i don't practice meditation correctly, and like me, most people who practice it hear about it from Tim Ferriss or Tai Lopez and think it will make them millionaires, and if I read Zen Mind: Beginner's Mind by Suzuki, and then Siddhartha, I won't be such a gigantic fucking faggot who knows literally zero about zen philosophy but chooses to bad mouth it on an anonymous message board and then claim this colossal failure was one of my most impactful life lessons" fucking faggot

>> No.8741054

What is your opinion on 'If you are the smartest person in the room, you are in the wrong room'?

>> No.8741065

>>8741039
idk, i trained in zen with an ordained nun from thailand, i've never gone the hyperwestern book reading route to it, maybe as a westerner i should have.

>> No.8741067

>>8741039
you really shouldn't promote zen practice as not being boring and very hard though. you're setting up basically everyone for a big disappointment that might make them give up early

>> No.8741080

>>8740012
You only learn how to speak by speaking. I can recommend Cicero.

>> No.8741106

>>8741067
actually i should promote it as not boring and not difficult, because it is only boring and difficult if you are approaching it with the wrong mindset

>> No.8741122

>In any case, while it is all very well to talk of 'turning points', one can surely only recognize such moments in retrospect. Naturally, when one looks back to such instances today, they may indeed take the appearance of being crucial, precious moments in one's life; but of course, at the time, this was not the impression one had. Rather, it was as though one had available a never-ending number of days, months, years in which to sort out the vagaries of one's relationship with Miss Kenton; an infinite number of further opportunities in which to remedy the effect of this or that misunderstanding. There was surely nothing to indicate at the time that such evidently small incidents would render whole dreams forever irredeemable.

"The Remains of the Day" - Kazuo Ishiguro

i wonder how many of my limited chances i have already lost

>> No.8741131

>>8736120
>A bent or broken nose is a horrifying thing

This. It's really impressive how this little thing on your face can affect your mood if it's damaged.

Take care of your nose, kids!

>> No.8741136
File: 67 KB, 500x600, John-Bernthal.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8741131

Some people find an ugly schnozz endearing.

>> No.8741140

>>8741136
>LEMME ASK U SUMDANG

>> No.8741156

>>8741136

Yeah, they don't have to lie beside them and hear their fucked-up breathing every night.

>> No.8741162

>>8739172
I did this pre-university level but university is kicking my ass. Oh well.

>> No.8741168

Get a degree, dont fall for the >lol college meme
It doesnt matter if it is shit tier like english, it only matters that it is from good uni

>> No.8741171

>>8735313
>You cannot refute nihilism

*raises crucifix*

heh, what now, kiddo?

>> No.8741172
File: 29 KB, 528x543, 1354665748716.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8736120

>Cars slide out of control and into curbs even at slow speeds when you try to brake and there is snow, ice, or slush.

Yeah I knocked over a stop sign that way. Not a scratch on the bumper though, it was the luckiest thing, I thought I was fucked for sure.

>> No.8741183
File: 20 KB, 474x528, tips Christian morality.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8741171

>*raises crucifix*

Heh, nice try slave.

>> No.8741194

>>8741106
yeah right. go ahead and tell teh average person to just sit and non-achieve, while their mind races and they start realizing the dukkha all around them, and then see how grateful they are

>> No.8741199
File: 47 KB, 368x650, NEETche.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8741171
>*recurrs behind you eternally*
>*unsheathes polish sabre*
>heh, nothin personnel...
>LAST MAN

>> No.8741209

>>8741168
I have a history degree from a good university (for my country at least) and I have had every shitty possible job imaginable besides I guess McDonald's, street sweeping and male prostitution.

>> No.8741221
File: 1.97 MB, 359x253, 1470283851715.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Move to the Great Lakes, preferably lake superior, because they are the largest fresh water sources in the world and water will become more valuable than gold in 5-10 years. don't worry about debt because when it happens there will be no more banks and your debt to them will be irrelevant.
>buy a gun and practice shooting every day, stock up on ammunition
>more importantly learn how to build and use bow and arrow from nature, as this will be the most sustainable form of combat a few years after the happening
>the next time the market crashes will be the last
>practice meditation and nonattachment so that if a loved one gets killed in the happening you feel nothing
>put out crab traps on your dock every night, fresh crab at night
>all girls are lesbians if you point a gun at them

>> No.8741224
File: 3.26 MB, 640x266, plsstop.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8741199
>*recurrs behind you eternally*

>> No.8741245

Close this thread

reflect on what the fuck you are doing on /lit/

all the time you spend on /lit/ is equivalent to watching TV

make schedules

Close this thread

>> No.8741265
File: 153 KB, 768x1024, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8740915
The truth is you really need to practice sitting and breathing and dropping any intentions until you become relaxed enough to accept all the stuff we ignore and feel the planet turning away from the sun and your pulse in your hands and blah blah blah your you came out of an endless abyss and it goes back into it again—what are the chances of it all happening again?

>> No.8741286

>>8741245
internet is way cooler than tv dude

>> No.8741292

>>8741265
How does touching a woman feels like?

>> No.8741303

>>8741221
When is the habbenings?

>> No.8741309
File: 326 KB, 1600x902, 1477519560146.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8735413
Make a war stories about the soldiers on the losing side

>> No.8741314

>>8741209
>not net-working your way up to museum admin

>> No.8741315

>>8736083

u should clarify the reading thing. reading is only a step or two above tv and videogames if you do it mindlessly. you've wasted your time if you force yourself through a Work of Literature and then think that just because you've read every word in order that you've gained something from the experience. Actually understanding the book is the key. Probably valuable even if your interpretation is "wrong". As long as you've been marking pages, writing thoughts in the margins, and can write two or three meaningful pages on the book afterwards, you're doing a good job. Not a huge think to ask oneself. This will definitely improve your ability to think critically about literature. Plus, when you inevitably forget most of the book, you can look back at your notes and remember both its content and your own analysis.

>> No.8741322

>>8736214
james joyce

>> No.8741355
File: 11 KB, 214x298, Jackfrost.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

1) Don't think you're better than others for not drinking, not smoking, or not doing drugs, you have other shit that wastes your time and fucks up your health even more (bad diet, lack of exercise that gives you back/shoulder pain even though good genetics, tv show/internet/porn addiction). Don't belittle other people for falling into so-called "traps", just because you haven't fallen in a specific type of trap most of your peers do, doesn't mean you haven't fallen into a trap.
You have your own set of vices, accept them and act against them.

2) Don't allow yourself to go to sleep too late, usually in front of a computer screen, when you look at the clock and it says 11pm, have the foresight to see yourself fastforward 5 hours, at 4am, typing shit away on an anonymous imageboard and then feeling depressed for the next hour or two and not getting any sleep at all. Go to fucking sleep.

3) Don't be ashamed of your inabilities at any given time, admit to yourself that there are certain things you do not know and cannot comprehend at a certain point in time, but also know that these concepts were constructed by ordinary people hundreds of years ago that didn't have access to any of the resources you have at your disposal now. If there was ever a point in history when it was easy to learn these things - it's right here and right now.

4) Don't shame yourself for being born in a country in which you think people "don't get you", yes, plenty of other people think so to, but they either end up being massively successful or kill themselves. If you're going to be angry at something out of your control then use it to fuel your dreams.

5) Don't be afraid to completely forsake modern technology (instant messaging, social networks, news media outlets, images of false reality) if you think it even gives you a chance of working towards something meaningful that you wouldn't be able to work towards otherwise.

>> No.8741360

>>8736381

G.E Moore makes a really good point that people foolishly think you can create the best possible good on earth by simply removing pain. Moore says that cultivating goodness in all forms available is equally as important. I hope this doesn't sound mean, but what do you do for fun? What are you passionate about? What makes you feel fulfilled? Learning?

Idk i hope I don't sound too harsh, but your post just conflicts with the way I live my life, and I feel very happy and fulfilled. Curious as to how you make this sort of thing work.

>> No.8741376

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6urds7d58c

>> No.8741381
File: 285 KB, 372x359, 1479166688285.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8739339

>> No.8741384

Nihilism is social cancer and will destroy personal relationships

Also, being relentlessly cynical and ironic will ultimately never be a positive attribute

>> No.8741394
File: 452 KB, 1440x1800, 1476395720069 (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8738487
>90% of women I'm attracted to have been lesbians

Why cant straight women be confident and have short hair?

Strindberg jag hatar dig.

>> No.8741421
File: 51 KB, 996x560, 1479326409487.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8741376
>psychology

>> No.8741437

>>8740347
>but living a life devoid of duty to something higher is precisely the reason why our current world is so shitty.

And? Am I obligated to make the world a better place?

the answer is no

>but you should always strive for higher ideals

lol not if you dont want to

>than just living a comfy material life

I never said anything about living a comfy material life.

>> No.8741440
File: 9 KB, 236x177, wheat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8739711
You'll never find it. You ARE the "gym."

>> No.8741461

>>8737623
I really don't think it's about how people react. Debating people dilutes our personal knowledge. It forces us to take/defend stances and to corrupt our personal learning. It convinces us that there is a right or a wrong answer to something.

Debate is pointless because no one can ever be right about anything. Therefore avoid the fallacy of debate.

>> No.8741532

>>8741080
can you learn that by talking on the internet?

>> No.8741651
File: 608 KB, 1536x2048, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8741292
Super soft—I'm assuming you mean the ways you don't touch them—and you get all skunky.

>> No.8741702

>>8741292
Soft. High amounts of estrogen makes their skin softer.

>> No.8741757

>>8741651
>and you get all skunky.
what?

>> No.8741972
File: 255 KB, 962x769, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8741757
Oh my fucking god

>> No.8742069

>>8741292
Soft, warm. It's fucking nice bro

>> No.8742085

>>8739536
>>8739555

Love this exchange.

>> No.8742096

>>8740955
meditation is about achieving nibanna, it is literally the last point of the path

>> No.8742107
File: 11 KB, 236x314, 1456290712498.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8741394
very few women look good with short hair, typically blondes can pull it off.

>> No.8742425

>>8739339
This is great advice. Thanks friend.

>> No.8742680
File: 739 KB, 670x892, bull.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8741140
AINT LIKE HOW IT WUZ RICK

>> No.8742696
File: 1.47 MB, 243x228, mepetatie.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8739339

>> No.8742721

>>8736138