[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 596 KB, 560x589, 1441507011220.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7078295 No.7078295 [Reply] [Original]

Well kind anons, I got an issue about latin american literature, and it's that I just can't get myself into it.

I'm latin myself, but I don't find myself reading authors like Garcia Marquez or Vargas Llosa.

I've had some experiences with Cortazar, the problem is that he is waaaay too cheesy for me, Bestiary and Hopscotch are the prime examples of that.

I'm stuck with Kerouak, Whitman, Dickens, Conrad, Fitzgerald, and more or less Murakami, and here comes my question, Do you guys know any latin american authors related or influenced by those kind authors? or at least with more "classic" feeling overall?

I was thinking about Saramago with Blindness but I wanna hear some opinions.

Thanks a lot guys.
Pic Unrelated.

>> No.7078342

Check out Paulo Coelho, he is Brasilian I think and his books are alright. Especially Manuscript found in Accra, it reads like scripture (although I only read a translation)

>> No.7078355

>>7078342

Oh no... not Coelho

Most of his books are quite lame and lacks of good narrative. I got one of him, and... well.. trust me, not even latin american readers like him.

But thanks for your sugestion, anyone else?

>> No.7078466

Borges
Paz
Bolano
Garcia Lorca

>> No.7078511

>>7078355
eh thats just like... your opinion man