[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 44 KB, 500x590, 11751469_818477038247728_4776993597092962771_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6868093 No.6868093[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Any /lit/erati smoke meth before reading, or experimented with it? What about before writing? I have a pretty serious drug habit but I've only experimented with meth in the last couple of years and only a few times, it definitely doesn't have the bang of crack but when combined with other drugs that taper off the 'edge' of meth you feel like you have placed your heart in the hand of God, absolutely beautiful inside and out (I'll admit though that catching my eye in the mirror will sometimes lead me to hate myself, the paleness, loss of weight, eye dilation, etc.).

Just seems like it might be a good idea, I used to use adderall in highschool and started combining it with other drugs in college and had great results with reading/ studying.

>> No.6868095
File: 26 KB, 220x339, 220px-Pnin.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868093
>Just seems like it might be a good idea

>> No.6868115

I used adderall with a medical script as a straight edge loser.
That itself was way too much for me, at around 25mg.

I'll stick to caffeine. As long as I can concentrate, i don't need anything more.

>> No.6868119
File: 819 KB, 346x495, Meth.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868093
>Any /lit/erati smoke meth before reading

Stopped right there. If you are smoking meth, you are a god damn loser, no joke.

>> No.6868133
File: 271 KB, 639x477, 1411559612213.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868095
>>6868119
>they fell for the fear tactic

>> No.6868135

>>6868093
I hope you die, you useless drug fiend. Having said that, Oliver Sacks wrote an essay about his meth use to study back in the seventies or sumshit.

>> No.6868145

>>6868133

Naw man. You are too far gone. I'm sorry your trashy settings/environment have placed you on such a fucked up path, but you are too far gone. You need to check into a rehab center asap anon. Meth is the end of the road, nothing productive comes from it.

>> No.6868148

A life of addiction is a life without freedom, OP.
The coolest kids don't have any chemical crutch. Please don't use romantic literary ideas to justify your drug use. It's tragic and cliche.

I wish ya tha best

>> No.6868156

>>6868093
PKD was a known speed freak. A lot of his ideas could be from amphetamine psychosis.

I found that using meth is very useful for writing.

It's important not to over-do it. That stuff can ruin your life pretty quick.

Be careful with it. Use micro-doses. Don't smoke it; put it in gel caps. Don't use it every day.

The main draw back to meth, in my opinion, is the way it makes you smell.

>> No.6868161
File: 24 KB, 360x480, 3d3ho4fylwp22wwpukbbtgb0i494783855.2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wouldn't read on shit, I wouldn't be able to focus. I've written on it and it was okay, I'd rather write sober tbh

But I feel like sometimes it makes me better looking. Stress, lack of confidence etc all show on your face and meth can get rid of that because it pushes your body to being awake

>> No.6868184

When I was 18 my "friends" spiked my weed with meth, knowing I avoid stimulants. I
realized very quickly that something was off about the bowl. Felt fleas scratching all over me. My heart was pounding. I passed out on the couch and when I woke up, they'd smoked everything I had. I was still feeling the effects and absolutely furious, I was honestly going to just start beating the shit out of them randomly until one confessed, but I held my tongue. Told them I didn't want to hang around while they were asking "what's wrong?" all innocent like. Had to resist scratching my face bloody on the walk home. My mother asked what was up and I just exploded with verbal abuse. I have never known a person who does meth that doesn't become some shithead evangelist about it and try to drag all their friends into it. Some people are so lax about drugging others without their consent.

>> No.6868190

>>6868093
yeah meth is junkie tier drugs. just smoke weed and eat mushrooms geez. only thing worse is maybe opiate addiction.

I hope you get help. please because you can't do it on your own. it's now a disease not a moral failing.

>> No.6868206

I've never met a meth head that wasn't complete and utter trash.

>> No.6868219
File: 83 KB, 852x1200, 1411513006550.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868145
>nothing productive
>from meth

>> No.6868224
File: 226 KB, 640x478, Dick's house.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868156
>PKD

I live like 4 houses down from where he had his stroke that eventually lead to his death.

>pic related; its was his Santa ana home

>> No.6868230
File: 13 KB, 426x364, 1340343245513.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>tfw pullin on that glass dick and feeling that hot crank cum fill up your lungs

>> No.6868234
File: 48 KB, 640x638, zheYF3e.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP here
The reason I'm considering meth is because I have a bit of a habit with heroin and need more pep, I understand that most people have natural focus and lack a drug problem.

Secondly, realistically, a lot of the people I interact with have a heroin habit and work white collar jobs. I actually work in legal (only bachelors acquired so I'm more of an assistant) and I wake up every day, make it in with ironed shirts and a tie, etc. What I do on the side isn't really anyone else's problem. As far as the term "trash" goes, it's a bit silly because a lot of the people I use with and buy from I met at a private uni or in my field.

If you don't have a drug habit that's fine. Like I said though, if you've never combined drugs like these before either then you wouldn't know. If God made something better, He has kept it for himself. Anyone can fall into a habit and it really isn't as "torturous" as people try to portray it. A funny way I like to think about it is a lifestyle decision more than anything.

>> No.6868259

>>6868206
That's because you wouldn't be able to tell someone is using meth moderately if they didn't tell you.

Only the trash tier methheads get noticed as such.

>> No.6868273

>>6868234
>wow this heroin sure is a downer
>I know what would help
>methamphetamine

ishygddt

>> No.6868282

>>6868224
>>6868156
A Scanner Darkly was so fucking depressing.

>> No.6868287

>>6868133
>implying I don't use alcohol, cannabis, MDMA, psilocybin, and LSD sparingly for recreation.
>implying I don't use caffeine, nicotine, and various ADHD drugs regularly for productivity.

Why on fucking earth would you use high risk, likely impure drugs when there are plenty of low-risk alternatives available? Seriously just go on craigslist/yelp and ferret out a doctor who will script anyone for adderall, or just google ADHD until you can spout the symptoms correctly.

>>6868234
Oh shit everything makes sense. You're a junkie. You're falling into rationalizations of your problem, your "lifestyle," and it's opening you up to doing garbage. Enjoy having all your teeth fall out when you slide down the slippery slope in five years or so.

>> No.6868291

>tfw was friends with a super QT
>tfw I texted her to see if she wanted to hang out (we had done this before) and she texts back "nah I'm tweaking today"
>tfw not sure if she meant smoking meth or not
>tfw feels uncomfortable man

>> No.6868292
File: 691 KB, 245x200, like.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868273

>> No.6868294

>>6868234

Come back in a few years and tell us how your "lifestyle choice" is going for you.

>> No.6868296

>>6868287
>ADHD drugs
>low risk
lord

>> No.6868298

>>6868234
seriously you need to sack up and face the discomfort of downregulating your habit if it's getting in the way of things. These are the dues you have to pay for taking your life's pleasure up front.

>> No.6868305

>>6868296
ADHD drugs are relatively low risk if you get them through the medical system because you get a rational dose, your primary physician will monitor your numbers regularly for problems, and the drugs are made in labs. They're not coffee, yeah, but they're not fucking meth.

>> No.6868312

>>6868291
just text her back and ask her, "Tweaking? On what?"

>>6868234
You're brain is going to be so fucked up in a few years, you won't function. You are too far gone already. You couldn't stop using if you wanted to. So long anon. You had one shot in life and you gone fucked it all up.

>> No.6868337

Anyone ever read while on MDMA? Sounds like it could be interesting.

>> No.6868345

>>6868337
I wouldn't recommend mdma, ever.

It is highly exitotoxic. It permanently fucks your neurotransmitters in your brain, which I think can cause depression or bipolar disorder.

>> No.6868350

>>6868345
Don't worry, anon, I'm ok.

>> No.6868353

>>6868337
>>6868345
>>6868350
mdma makes you a pzombie

>> No.6868355

>>6868287
>Oh shit everything makes sense. You're a junkie. You're falling into rationalizations of your problem, your "lifestyle," and it's opening you up to doing garbage. Enjoy having all your teeth fall out when you slide down the slippery slope in five years or so.

I don't disagree with what you're saying, but how is shit like this going to make him pick himself up? At most, he'll internalize it and say "shit, I'm a degenerate, might as well fulfill my fate". I really feel like statements like this are more about a feeling of superiority than any kind of empathy or concern for life destroying issues.

>> No.6868363

>>6868355
it's called tough love

>> No.6868365

>>6868355
You can't end your addiction until you admit you have a problem. It's the first step. Literally the first step of any recovery program.

>> No.6868376

>>6868093
>Any /lit/erati smoke meth before reading,
Ive tried reading, but if I smoke meth alone I just end up masturbating for 14 hours.

>> No.6868385

I tried amphetamines. It gave me exactly one decent short story. Every other time I got so paranoid that I chain smoked weed and spent the entire time fidgeting.

I think drugs can work if used rarely, but the dropoff in effectiveness from the 1st dose to the second dose is pretty brutal.

Honestly, I don't think it's worth it. Spending a whole week with flat emotions really fucks with your social life, and that's what always happens after taking amphetamines with me. It's the literal opposite of acid.

>> No.6868389

>>6868363
You think people like OP haven't had enough "tough love" already? Tough love is an oxymoron; it often just feeds the victim complex the recipient already as. Tough love breaks people.

>>6868365
Saying "it makes sense, you're a junkie" and "you'll be toothless in five years" is just a snide quip, pretty much telling OP his fate is already determined. There's a difference between telling someone they have a problem, and telling them they are a problem.

>> No.6868394

>>6868385
>Every other time I got so paranoid that I chain smoked weed and spent the entire time fidgeting.
cannabis usually exacerbates the paranoia, anxiety or depression experienced by other drugs. You should try drinking heavily to neutralize it instead.

>> No.6868398

>>6868394
Neutralize your heartbeat, maybe.

>> No.6868416

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7thZbHTvZIQ

Here's what's in store for you OP, have fun! :^)

>> No.6868428

>>6868398
>Neutralize your heartbeat, maybe.
No, not really with stimulants or psychedelics. If you combine alcohol with depressants -- opiates, benzos, barbs, etc, then yes, but the CNS depressant properties of alcohol work very well at countering the negative aspect of uppers and psychedelics. It's actually rather hard to get 'drunk' when you are rushing. As for the downers, who would be having a bad trip on downers and need alcohol anyway?

>> No.6868431

>>6868355

>how is shit like this going to make him pick himself up?

I am coming down strongly on one of the two opinions he holds of his own habit. You can smell the cognitive dissonance in the post.

The post starts
>I understand that most people have natural focus and lack a drug problem

Proceeds to tell a little story about how everyone he knows does it, how it's nobody's problem, and ends

>I like to think about it is a lifestyle decision

In five years, that story will alter just enough to lead like a syllogism to that conclusion, instead of it just being a "funny way of thinking."

The people he associates with he associates with because they are junkies, not because they are the normal white collar worker. He's trying to normalize it, to make it a valid decision. It isn't.

So basically >>6868365
>You can't end your addiction until you admit you have a problem. It's the first step. Literally the first step of any recovery program.

If you want actual superiority look at all the terse posts in this thread that offer no viable alternative to meth and no engagement other than that quip.

>> No.6868449

>>6868389
I'm not the anon who said OP's teeth were going to fall out in 5 years. Although, I'm not going to lie, I did laugh when I read that.

I think because OP wrote this>>6868234 and >>6868093 this, suggests he is thinks there is NOTHING wrong with himself. I think that people are trying to get through to him loudly because he is coming of so arrogant thinking he doesn't have a drug problem. Like some other anon said, meth is a junkie drug. He needs people to tell him this because, no doubt, he isn't getting it from his already established social environment. Like he already admitted, he's surrounded by other drug users. The guy needs to wake the fuck up, and that is what people are trying to help do for him in this thread.

Also, why do you write like a women?

>> No.6868453

>>6868428
No, this shit confuses your body and fucks you up severely. Also psychedelics aren't all stimulants.

>> No.6868475

>>6868449
You can tell him, but being a dick about it will just alienate him from the content of your opinion because of the tone. It's ineffective.

>Also, why do you write like a women?

Don't know why I expected much else from 4chan.

>>6868431
>I am coming down strongly on one of the two opinions he holds of his own habit. You can smell the cognitive dissonance in the post.

Did I disagree that he's making excuses for himself?

>The people he associates with he associates with because they are junkies, not because they are the normal white collar worker. He's trying to normalize it, to make it a valid decision. It isn't.

No, and THIS is the kind of shit he needs to be told, not "us and them" taunts about how he belongs to a category of hopeless fuckups that will push him away from legitimate criticism of his habit.

>> No.6868483

>>6868093
>it definitely doesn't have the bang of crack
Try smoking ice with Thai hookers.

Our ice is manufactured in North Korea and is the purest in the world (ice, not yabba), which I guess helps. The girls make a bonglike contraption with a bottle, straws and water, take the foil from a cigarette packet (normal foil is too thick) flatten it with the side of a lighter and somehow burn off the paper attached to it leaving a wafer thin strip of metal. Ive tried to replicate this many times and can't. I've even used the same brands of cigarettes the girls use and still cant.

Finally they take a lighter and put a small piece of burnt plastic on the tip where the flame comes out. The result is a small blue flame, about three mm in size, hovering roughly 4cm above the lighter.

They then liquidize the ice on the foil using the lighter and slowly cream the bottle with the snow white wisps, taking care to ensure the ice doesn't burn and the liquid always remains clear.

A few lungfuls of that thick smoke and the rush reaches crack level. Unlike crack, it doesn't subside almost instantly, and you are rushing your little tits off for a good hour before you notice it's starting to wear off.

>> No.6868488
File: 939 KB, 180x155, Whatever good times.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868475
>Don't know why I expected much else from 4chan.

mfw you don't deny being a women
mfw I was right

>> No.6868490

>>6868475
Being part of a category doesn't seal your fate. You can change what you are, but you have to accept that you are something and that you need to change and it's going to take work. Deciding that categories don't exist is snuggly bullshit that feeds into rationalization. "Oh I'm just a dude who can stop doing heroin because I'm really ok inside." Nope. Usually your whole fucking life needs to change because hating your job, having a fucked up past, real, deep problems lead to this shit.

You don't know any addicts do you?

>> No.6868495

>>6868475
fyi you write 'like a woman' because you're tone policing and taking a moral highground just to look better than those who preceeded you, as bitches do, instead of talking straight like a man.

if you were talking straight, you would have come out with
>No, and THIS is the kind of shit he needs to be told, not "us and them" taunts about how he belongs to a category of hopeless fuckups that will push him away from legitimate criticism of his habit.

to begin with instead of after clumsily attempting to shame someone else for trying to help another anon in a way that seemed kinda mean.

fuck bitches

>> No.6868501

>smoking meth
Are you literally retarded? That damage is permanent, dumb bitch.

>> No.6868503

>>6868475

You do write like a woman TBH.

You might not be, but inability to handle or distinguish bantz is a big part of it.

>> No.6868511

>>6868495
I couldn't have said this any better myself. I love women (would die for any of the women in my life), but God damn they think and communicate differently from us men. It's too obvious to spot them.

>> No.6868512

>>6868234
>a bit of a habit with heroin
I think you mean 'an addiction'

>> No.6868516
File: 409 KB, 1152x1152, Venn-Diagram-of-Psychoactive-Drugs.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868453
>No, this shit confuses your body
Could you elaborate on 'confuses your body'? Feel free to use medical/physiological/neurological terms.

> and fucks you up severely
Quite the contrary. Unless you are of the opinion that one is 'getting fucked up' by dropping acid or eating psilocybin in the first place?

>Also psychedelics aren't all stimulants.
I'm mainly referring to the blue and green areas of pic related. Also note the placement of alcohol in relation to them.

>> No.6868534

>>6868490
>Being part of a category doesn't seal your fate.

It does in the eyes of 99% of people, especially here.
"Why bother in school? I'm going to be a fuck up, just like my dad"
"Why even try getting a job if I'll just get fired for being a fuck up?"

>You can change what you are, but you have to accept that you are something and that you need to change and it's going to take work.

And you can make people aware of this without being a dick about it.

>Deciding that categories don't exist is snuggly bullshit that feeds into rationalization. "Oh I'm just a dude who can stop doing heroin because I'm really ok inside.

He is a person who can stop doing heroin. What's "inside" is a bullshit idea, anyway. What we do is who we really are, but that changes when we do different things.

>Nope. Usually your whole fucking life needs to change because hating your job, having a fucked up past, real, deep problems lead to this shit.

I don't disagree with this, I just think certain tones aren't an effective way of conveying it.

>You don't know any addicts do you?

Plenty. I lost all my friends to meth, enough to know that nobody who uses it actually calls it meth. I live in one of "those towns" without much employment and with high crime with some of the highest usage rates in the country, and very nearly became one myself. I know that the sort of sentiment directed at OP in this thread didn't make me want to do anything except take more drugs to spite people who looked at me with contempt, because they were straight edge normies who told me very clearly how I was not-like-them, something marginalized people often paradoxically try to take pride in. You know the mentality a lot of users have, especially with opiates, where they really do feel superior to people who don't use. I don't want to encourage that division.

>> No.6868541

>>6868534
>He is a person who can stop doing heroin.

I meant meth, obviously, I'm tired.

>> No.6868550
File: 266 KB, 1513x720, 1354127899588.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868312
>Heroin
>You're brain is going to be so fucked up in a few years, you won't function. You are too far gone already. You couldn't stop using if you wanted to. So long anon. You had one shot in life and you gone fucked it all up.

>laughing Keef Richards dot file format.

>> No.6868580
File: 48 KB, 720x480, 1919645660.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Reminder that amphetamine =/= methamphetamine. The methyl root makes it bind to your brain in a far more powerful and permanent manner, which makes it more addictive and dangerous as well. It fucks up your dopamine levels permanently.
All the idiots saying "hurr durr, I took Adderall and that's meth rite, it's not that bad xDDD" are not to be listened to. Adderall is also lacking in the methyl root like standard amphetamines. PKD was on regular amphetamines, not meth.
OP is most likely a druggie trying to rationalize his addiction.

>> No.6868588

>>6868580
>OP is most likely a druggie trying to rationalize his addiction.

We know this. Everyone is just debating on how to go about telling him. Some of us say, ">be nice about, don't marginalize him"
and other say
>"you fucked druggy, go get help"

>> No.6868601

>>6868550
>Iggy Pop
>Kurt Cobain
>Jim Morrison
>that dude from The Pogues
You realize half the people in this image are dead or physically fucked as a result of their addiction, right?

>> No.6868611
File: 976 KB, 250x250, You honor us.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868534
>I live in one of "those towns" without much employment and with high crime with some of the highest usage rates in the country, and very nearly became one myself.

Jesus, I feel like I hit the lottery when it came to my geographical birth location and family. Not a day goes by when I'm not thankful for my college educated parents and sister who is college chemistry professor. It's stories like this that make me want to buy a lottery ticket to see if I have anymore earthly luck, and call my folks and thank them for everything.

>> No.6868614
File: 202 KB, 834x769, 1433552552147.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868483
>tfw no Thai hookers to smoke meth with

why live

>> No.6868618
File: 2.00 MB, 245x207, HAHAHA.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868550
>>6868601

>> No.6868623

>>6868534
Not the guy you're talking to, but I use heroin and ice and have used drugs for the past ten or so years. It's pretty easy, in my case and most of the people I know, to be an occasional user.

The people who succumb to horrific addiction are, unfortunately, the minority who get the spotlight. The majority of people who can occasionally enjoy drugs get swept beneath the carpet of propaganda, and this largest demographic is ignored completely. It's a similar distinction between a group who range from those who can enjoy the occasional beer or glass of wine up to students who get hammered every Friday night, and a group who have to drink half a liter of whiskey in the morning just to stop the shakes and vomiting.

The very mention of heroin or ice is automatically put in the latter group, while the truth is that the bulk of people who enjoy these substances aren't the same as the chronic alcoholics at all.

>> No.6868639

>>6868618
Well memed my friend

>> No.6868662

>>6868601
>>Iggy Pop
>>Kurt Cobain
>>Jim Morrison
>>that dude from The Pogues
>You realize half the people in this image are dead or physically fucked as a result of their addiction, right?

You realize half the people you named aren't even on the list, and of the two that are, one shot himself and one died accidentally because of his girlfriend. And the dude from the Pogues (Shane MacGowan), well, that's what happens when you drink three bottles of scotch a day.

>> No.6868677

>>6868614
>>tfw no Thai hookers to smoke meth with

a) Online TEFL certificate completed in 150 hours.
b) Guaranteed well-payed job at an international school
c) Smoking Meth with Thai hookers in a month

>> No.6868683

>>6868662
Maximum mad over here tbh

>> No.6868698

>>6868337
i was reading some jim goad articles while rolling once, but i stopped because goad's work is pretty antithetical to the sensations i was feeling. i was feeling really appreciative and pleased, while his work is extraordinarily hateful.

>> No.6868701

>>6868363
"tough love" results in overdoses, in my experience.

>> No.6868706
File: 16 KB, 241x300, KeithRichards.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868683
sorry for making you mad, anon. Here's a picture of Keith Richards to cheer you up.

>> No.6868707

Both my parents were hardcore meth addicts. Let me tell you, that drug will kill you. Fuck with it. I encourage you to. You don't know what you're playing with my friend

>> No.6868711

>>6868701
it's neat how problems sometimes solve themselves

>> No.6868715

>>6868706
woah man I can sense your rage from here, chill out

>> No.6868717

>>6868706
Do you idolize this man or something? You keep mentioning him. Is this who junkies idolize and use as proof that drugs are good?

>> No.6868720

>people treating this guy like a junkie
This board is full of morons with no experience in the real world

>> No.6868725

>>6868720
OP please

>> No.6868730

>>6868550
>Pete Doherty
>Heroin
>>6868677
>Drugs in Thailand

Since it's brought up, has anyone heard his new song yet, Gunga Din? Recorded in Thailand too.

I didn't like it at first until I realized that the lyrical structure deliberately follows the Rudyard Kipling poem of the same name. It's starting to grow on me, though it's a huge departure from his previous work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEf27xuYcw4

>> No.6868738

>>6868623
100% correct but don't expect a bunch of shut-ins to understand this

i sure didn't understand it while i was a shut-in

>> No.6868749

anybody ever try pcp? i've always been curious, but too apprehensive to try it.

>> No.6868762

>>6868717
>Is this who junkies idolize and use as proof that drugs are good?
Apparently so. People have been making "How the fuck is Keith Richards still alive?" jokes for decades.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbHJ0KNYEoA

>> No.6868769

>>6868725
I'm
>>6868161
I've smoked a lot and I'm at the point where I don't even really feel like it

It's not as big a deal as you'd think

>> No.6868797

>>6868156
>The main draw back to meth, in my opinion, is the way it makes you smell.
Is that real? I thought it was in my head. I can spend an hour scrubbing myself in the shower and still smell it, yet I can't smell it on anyone I'm tweaking with, though they think they smell.

Admittedly, after a four-day session of profuse sweating in the same clothes you are going to stink, but I always thought the meth smell was imaginary. Just like the shadow people and anything you want to scratch for.

>> No.6868805
File: 14 KB, 460x310, wat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868797
>Just like the shadow people

>> No.6868815

>>6868805
Stay up for a week smoking meth and they'll make themselves known. It's best to ignore them.

>> No.6868832

>>6868797
I think it's pretty real.

I comes out all parts of your body, but especially through the breath. People notice it, definitely.

Also, the what makes you think that the shadow people aren't real? Why do you think we all see the same thing?

Meth is a really weird drug. I tend to think that it is worth the dark side of it, but I'm bipolar and really need the boost when I'm on the down side. I don't used it when I'm on the manic side, because psychosis.

I won't take the anti-psychotics unless I need to.

>> No.6868863
File: 1.89 MB, 350x196, OH Shit wtf?.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868815
oh-okay...

>> No.6868878
File: 55 KB, 450x334, Bender.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868815
>>6868832

Okay gentlemen, I'm really fucking curious about this whole Shadow People. Can someone please help me to understand what it is your are witnessing.

>> No.6868899

>>6868878
They are a race of interdimensional demons which manifest themselves in the realities of people who consume meth which was made using dark sorcery.

>> No.6868906

>>6868878

You can drink like 20 cups of black coffee and get dark movements in your periphery.
Smoking meth for a long time produces a much greater effect.

Its not some /x/ related shadow person visitation bullshit.

>> No.6868908

>>6868815
>>6868878
>>6868832

typical neurology.

Similar minds (human) will yield similar results (shadow people) to similar stresses (ice binge).

I think it's a hyperexcitation of the mind's natural paranoia and predilection to see faces in indistinct peripheral images. The body knows it's in a vulnerable highly stressed place and overcompensates with paranoid startle reactions in order to not succumb to environmental dangers.

>> No.6868927 [DELETED] 
File: 146 KB, 300x375, vibrationist.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868234
>honeymoon fags actually thing like this

>> No.6868944

>>6868908
>The body knows it's in a vulnerable highly stressed place and overcompensates with paranoid startle reactions in order to not succumb to environmental dangers.

That seems counter-intuitive

>> No.6868952

>>6868944

no it doesn't

>> No.6868958
File: 15 KB, 320x320, jim.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868550
>jimbo
>heroin

maybe a few dabbles at most, one arguably ending in his death, but jimmy was a dedicated alcoholic and generally hated heroin and its users.

>> No.6869077
File: 162 KB, 543x459, 1434506818412.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>there are people over twenty years old who still think drugs are cool or a good idea

>> No.6869106

>>6869077
>there are people over twenty years old who are still brainwashed by their high school health class

>> No.6869194

>>6868878
You see things that aren't there
First time seeing
>been up for 2 days with my friend, it's night
>go in the backyard to pee
>looking past the top of the wooden fence as I piss
>the wood shavings look like the legs of daddy long legs and they're moving
>turn around
>shadow of a very tall person peeking around the corner, he's leaning more outward

>> No.6869199

>>6868550
Dylan only did heroin for like five or six months at most and he wasn't an addict, so he's not a good example to use.

>> No.6869207

>>6869077
what if i'm under twenty but think drugs are a bad idea but still use them frequently?

>> No.6869419

>>6869106
>substance abuse is actually a good idea, adults were just fooling us!

>> No.6869424

>>6869207
Then I suggest my get your akrasia sorted out, possibly with help.

>> No.6869815

>>6868345
>. It permanently fucks your neurotransmitters in your brain
ever since i learned about how drugs work im paranoid about this happening to me

yes, ironic, yes, i am an idiot

>> No.6869827 [SPOILER] 
File: 119 KB, 227x433, 1437694609947.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>6868093
>Just seems like it might be a good idea
It might be a fun, interesting, productive or life changing idea; but not really a "good" one.

Have you tried writing high on love ;^)

>> No.6869848

>>6868234
Well, the main problem here isn't which drug you use, it's trying to complement a life that doesn't make you happy with something else instead of improving your life into something you actually like. I personally feel bad for people that watch TV all day to compensate for a horrible job or shitty family or unfulfilled desires of any kind just as much as someone who uses drugs for that same escapism. Just try to see if you could use that time and money into doing something that gives you a lower peak of happiness but a longer run for it.

>> No.6869989

>>6868093
I got brain damage from ODing on crystal

Stop

>> No.6869994

>>6868133
>>6868133
Shut up you tucking toothless trailer trash moron, stop acting like meth will ever be fucking cool

>> No.6870026

>>6868298
>These are the dues you have to pay for taking your life's pleasure up front.

That was a great fucking sentence, anon.

>> No.6870042

OP here, I'm honestly not the Sailor Moon poster that you guys keep replying to (I've put OP here on all of my threads). I don't think that people are somehow "blind" or "fell for fear tactics" just because they chose a different passion in life to pursue. For me, the very first time I ever smoked cocaine I felt real and very tangible love for myself and excitement about the world around me. Like I said before, I had used adderall heavily in college but it didn't have anywhere near the euphoric effects I was seeking, and I mostly used it for studying and would have to drink while on it to ease up and get small rushes (especially in the latter stages).

I remember I was studying abroad in China one semester doing this and I wrote some of my best essays, did some of my best work and started writing on the side. I feel like the alcohol back then gave me uninhibited thoughts and the adderall did an editing job on the side (save for the occasional time that you overdo it and imbalance it [funny story one time this happened to me with a friend I had met in Hong Kong and we ended up smashing glass objects like windows and vases in his house for fun]).

I know I'm not alone here though and I just want to hear other people's experiences. Sorry things have devolved into "crack-head" calling, "straight-edge" calling.

>> No.6870055

>>6870042
Dumb question from someone who's more or less a virgin to drugs:

Is there that big of a difference between the experience of the high snorting coke and the experience of smoking it? Like, is it big enough that it's similar to marijuana being smoked compared to marijuana being ingested as edibles or are they more or less the same?

>> No.6870081

>>6870055
OP here
smoking coke < snorting coke < smoking crack
The difference between smoking coke and snorting it is only strength, I get a more intense high from snorting. Although I've forgone both, crack is a much better drug. It's cheaper, it is all-around better. I see a lot of New Money use cocaine because it has a lot of connotations with the rich but crack just is a much better drug and the high of everything mentioned is pretty short-lived, but if you make a decent enough living, $100 can take you a lot further with crack than coke. I would also recommend using a downer at the same time so that you can take the edge off (when people start to get crack-crazy they do all kinds of stuff like whisper because sometimes noises get unusually loud, etc).

Once you learn the ins-and-outs of crack you can definitely use it sparingly in situations like work as long as you're not too drunk but I definitely wouldn't recommend this to beginners.

>> No.6870155

>>6870042
Why would you engage in what is statistically shown to be a failure bound way of living though? Unless self-destruction is your goal, of course, and direct suicide isn't something you're quite ready for.

What goes through your head when you pick up smoking crack? Did you think there may be something to it that the few million crackheads before you missed out on and that you will be the one to integrate crack smoking into a sensible lifestyle?

>> No.6870171

>>6868148
>meth
>romantic

nigga wat?

>> No.6870205

I've tried things like kat, meth, lcd.
The first two just make me buzz. I snort. You can't do anything academic on them, they're party drugs really.
Psychedelics remove anxiety from me and makes me observe things more partially.

>> No.6870213

>>6870205
You probably don't have an anxiety disorder then. Psychedelics only make me more nervous about everything.

>> No.6870270

>>6870155
OP here
>what goes through your head when picking up something like crack
At the time it was nbd, we had a big work party after a quarter and (now CRACK certainly isn't widespread around my coworkers, I work for a HUGE law firm though so you can imagine there's a lot of straight-edge, casual, hardcore users and addicts) and I was offered it and ended up having a great time on it. I had already been drinking and using cocaine that night. I will say crack is a lot less addictive than people make it out to be, that you really only crave it for 5-6 hours after coming down, unlike heroin which never occupies the level of obsession as crack but you still obsess over it like nothing else and for weeks.

Self-destruction isn't any goal, probably more the opposite and I'm not trying to be facetious. There are certain times on drugs where I feel like I am gold reflecting sunlight, I feel absolutely cradled by love.

It has nothing really to do with depression or addiction, I guess I just like to party a little harder than most, haha.

>> No.6870289

>>6870213
Except I am quite socially anxious, have always been.

>> No.6870319

>>6869827
what is this love you speak of

and can I inject it into my arm?

>> No.6870347

>>6870319
It's the best metaphorical drug. You can figuratively inject it or smoke it if you want, but the best why to take it is through your heart.

>> No.6870370

>>6870319
it's mostly taken in pill/powder form at zany dance parties

>> No.6870411

Another dumb question:

What do smokers get off of regular cigarettes? The few times I tried it there was little-to-no affect on my psyche at the moment or immediately after.

>> No.6870417

>>6868623
The addiction potential is far higher idiot

>> No.6870419

>>6870270
I'd say using drugs to experience 'love' sounds quite problematic and not very much like 'partying'. Especially the way you phrased it earlier:

>the very first time I ever smoked cocaine I felt real and very tangible love for myself

Do you honestly think you'll gain more from this lifestyle than you end up fucking up in the long run though? Your posts sound a lot like average honeymoon phase rhetoric.

>> No.6870444

>>6870411
the first few times it gives you a short rush, you even feel your body shaking and for around 20 minutes your head is a bit accelerated. After three or four packs you just need that your body needs it, you feel asleep when not smoking and smoking only makes you feel okay.

>> No.6870446

>>6870411
I get a great relaxtion sensation and the first smoke of the day feels like a hit of opium to me, pure pleasure, especially down my legs

>> No.6870458

>>6870411
Smokers enjoy the process of smoking more than the buzz

>> No.6870464

>>6870446
>especially down my legs
god, yes, totally. I'd really prefer it if I could smoke a single cigarette a day just for that feeling.

>>6870458
this too, it's a time filler a lot of the time.

>> No.6870485

>>6870411
Nicotine activates the same reward pathways in the brain that other drugs of abuse such as cocaine or amphetamines do, although to a lesser degree. Research has shown that nicotine increases the level of dopamine in the brain, a neurotransmitter that is responsible for feelings of pleasure and well-being.

You could try a heavier tobacco after having a few drinks if you're curious about the brain bells ringing. You could just as well stay away from it though.

>> No.6870584

>>6868345
>can cause depression or bipolar disorder.
what if you already have that

>> No.6870597

>>6870584
General rule of thumb is, if you have mental disorders don't do any drugs except the one your doctor gives you.

General reality is mentally ill people abuse the fuck out of drugs.

>> No.6870602

>>6870584
If you have a broken knee running is still going to affect you.

>> No.6870614

Can any oldfags weigh in:

Is this the most successful troll thread of all time here on /lit?

>> No.6870627

>>6870614
/lit/ has had more than one heroin thread, there are pics of anons and their equipment.

>> No.6870630

>>6868475
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

>> No.6870664

>>6868749
get a gallon of it mate

>> No.6870678

>>6870042
>I've put OP here on all of my threads
were you >>/lit/thread/S6810844

>> No.6870701

>>6868749
You should try it, if you are partial to hallucinating your girlfriend to be Satan and then hacking out her heart like that one rapper did

>> No.6870714

Hey guys, I have no intention of smoking meth, but is pot conducive to studying at all?

>> No.6870740

>>6868294
In all likelyhood he's already been doing this for several years so I don't see what an additional few years is going to change.

>> No.6870747

>>6870026
I-I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. I didn't think it was a terribly good OR bad sentence tbh.

>> No.6870755

>>6868287
>google ADHD until you can spout the symptoms correctly.
does that work?

>> No.6870759

>>6868305
>They're not coffee, yeah, but they're not fucking meth.
They are literally the base product for meth you fucking idiot.

>> No.6870785

>>6870714
kek
what?
no, of course it isn't, why would you even imagine that?

>> No.6870787

>>6870785
Because its a drug that makes me happy and I want to have a valid excuse for taking it, and I don't wanna take a more dangerous drug.

>> No.6870799

>>6870787
imagine you're with friends, laughing and sharing anecdotes, do you consider that that's a better study environment than a quiet library? being happy doesn't help study, being depressed doesn't either or course.

>> No.6870803

>>6870799
How do I study good? What drugs do I use? Or failing that, how do apply myself without drugs?

>> No.6870810

>>6870755

Yes. Research the symptoms, then go to some ADHD/ADD support group websites. Find the symptoms you most relate to, and the stories on the support sites, and use those to create an ADHD origin story for yourself. (The best lies are half truths.) Then seek out a psychiatrist. Also look up "drug seeking behavior" signs.

It's also possible to find psychs who will just straight up proscibe it if you say "I have trouble focusing and I always have." You need an eye for doctor reviews to find them sometimes though. I know they exist in my city, but it's large and has several colleges.
>>6870759
ADHD drugs are made in labs, dosed precisely, and administered with regular tests to determine physiological impact. You also don't take them in huge fucking doses. Subtle but significant differences.

>> No.6870815

>>6870810
>You need an eye for doctor reviews to find them sometimes though.
How do I acquire the eye?

>> No.6870823

>>6870810
>You also don't take them in huge fucking doses. Subtle but significant differences.
>implying its impossible to take a little bit of meth at a time.

>> No.6870825

>>6870815
If I could tell you how, really, I wouldn't use a phrase like that, but the yelp reviews usually talk about how the doctor got them on the right drugs a lot, something like that. You want somebody with a loose pen. A few really negative reviews are also usually a good sign of this.

>> No.6870835

>>6870803
You just sit and read, then you can share what you understood with other people to see how well you retained it and compare the points that stood out for you against theirs. It's also healthy to take notes of important parts in a sheet of paper.

Americans like using aderal to study since it just does the same as training yourself to focus on something without lasting effects like being able to focus without it. I assume you can get it easily having a market oriented clinical system.

You smoke pot when you want to laugh a bit and have a nice time, but it will wreck your short term memory.

>> No.6871231

>>6870701
Big Lurch

Nigga ate that bitch

Literally