[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 306 KB, 600x700, my-god-pure-ideology.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
6584366 No.6584366 [Reply] [Original]

this guy has published a fuck-ton of stuff, alot of which seems very topical.

is there any definitive text? or should i just check out his films?

>> No.6584381

the parallax view is normally cited as the closest thing he has to a manifesto.

>> No.6584404

I can't imagine his 50+ books are all so important.

Like really you have that much important shit to say?

>> No.6584442

>>6584404
i'm sure he doesn't, no one could. but i've watched some of his lectures and he seems interesting - an accessible modern continental and all that. just looking to pick up a book that gives a good overview of his philosophy.

>> No.6584464

>>6584404
Some of them are about certain limited domains or phenomena (you could call it "application of theory"), whereas others are more philosophical and general.
Plus, every good philosopher has strong and rich opinions about every previous philosopher, thinker, writer, artist, etc... So they write books about those authors or works where their interpretation of them is especially relevant or different.
For example, one of the latest Žižek's books was a reinterpretation of Antigone, if I'm not mistaken.

>> No.6585370

His best book is Less Than Nothing. It's to date the most mature and comprehensive organization of his thought. It's hard though, so it might be worth reading his earlier works. I'd recommend The Sublime Object of Ideology, The Puppet and The Dwarf, and The Parallax View. His more topical stuff is helpful too though.

>> No.6585594

>digging through garbage
Not worth it.

>> No.6585616

He kind of repeats himself in his books, you read of few and you pretty much covered most of it