[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 84 KB, 590x590, Sloterdijk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
23257667 No.23257667 [Reply] [Original]

Dear old Slaughter-dyke, bless his heart, uses a very early passage to indicate that the Abos were especially stupid. In his discussion of the applications of fire:

"From this point on---that is to say, for many millennia to come---the metabolic regime that characterizes the oldest human civilizations will remain characterized by the consumption of a relatively low amount of biomass. For the most part, the fire-making hunters, fishers, warriors, and gatherers were still too weak to destroy either the reproductive capacity of their prey or the growth cycles of their vegetative environments. Instead, a sense of reciprocity in the relationship between human beings and nature developed early on; it manifested itself in the protoreligious impulse to carry out regenerative services and to offer sacrifices or counterofferings to a fellow world of spirits, ancestors, and numinous powers. On the other hand, in recent years paleontologists have become convinced that the tribes that immigrated to Australia about fifty thousand years ago, now called Aborigines, were responsible for hunting large animals to extinction. Hence, it would be inappropriate to summarily assume that the ancestors of modern humans were conscientious of ecosystemic relationships or a sense of "resource" conservation."

He goes on to indicate other wasteful practices in other cultures, which have obvious implications for the current era. And the capacity of the Abos to destroy is itself a kind of strength, opposed to the earlier "weakness". But I appreciate that he took the trouble to write out a passage with the obvious inference that the Abos are dumb.

>> No.23258369

I get it you're a race realist I don't caaaaaare

>> No.23258387

Where is that from? Please provide a source for the reading material to allow us participate ffs.

>> No.23258628

>>23257667
Yeah, he was also somewhat sceptical of mass immigration, which almost got him canceled in Germany.

>> No.23260282

>>23258387

Prometheus's Remorse, a little essay he just put out.

>>23258369

I accept your concession. Well met!