[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 1.05 MB, 3264x2448, 1000012981.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22997384 No.22997384 [Reply] [Original]

My dad's just got diagnosed with dementia (both his parents also suffered from it), my hair has been balding for a year now and my gf left me. I've just been having trouble accepting all these things at once, I try not to despair but all these thinhs are just weighing on me heavy and I dont know how to stay strong, Im only 18 with 5 to 6 months left of highschool (senior year) and really want some literature that can help me think positively during this time, I dont care if its fiction or non fiction, anything will do

>> No.22997407

>>22997384
Hitler's Revolution
For My Legionnaires
The Lightning and the Sun

>> No.22997414

Dementia is reversible. Your father needs a prescription for dextroamphetamine and should take high dose fish oil, noopept, memantine, semax and cerebrolysin. You're an idiot with a defeatist mindset which is why you want to accept things (cope) instead of dealing with them and fighting till the bitter end.

>> No.22997436

>>22997414
I"ll try to reccomend these things to him, I do not know the stuff he's taking or being perscribed yet since I havent asked and Im in the US (for school) while hes back home in the Philippines right now, I dont think it is reversible though, hopefully it will slow it down atleast

>> No.22997442

>>22997414
Are you that guy that cut his own penis with an angle grinder?
You sound extremely retarded.

>> No.22997452

There are numerous treatments for dementia and we will prolly be able to reverse it like this guy is saying >>22997414

obviously that combination is excessive and I actually think there are better products targeting dementia but basically all modern smart drugs are meant for memory treatment. Go to longecity and lurk their archives because there is a huge volume of content on this topic. Bredensen's book on alzheimer's is a good start

>> No.22997575

>>22997436
How can someone with dementia take recommendations? They can't. You need to impose yourself to make sure he gets basically every single treatment in the book, the longer you wait the faster the worse the outcome will be. Sign for power of attorney and attend doctors appointments to make it happen. Also if you're not larping and you're 18 and in high school, just literally study for the GED for 5 days take it and then quit. Kek, you're an adult you don't need to be there and you'll get the same thing as a diploma with a GED instead of wasting another handful of valuable months. That means you could go over there and help him in two weeks if you really had the drive and initiative.

>> No.22997628

>>22997414
>>22997575
>just force your dad to take this concoction of medications and supplements that are totally safe together with no side effects and 100% will cure him
>no I'm not a doctor I'm a biohacker bro I read all the latest medical literature
>oh and if your dad dies it's your fault!! should've left education sooner little bro
>you're just not on the dad-saving grindset as me bro
Retardation emblematic of the retardation of modern society and blind faith in medical progress. Where has your sense of humanity gone, where is your capacity for sorrow and grief? Humans are not above nature, illness and death are a part of life that we must all accept one day, you can't will it away. OP likely can't do anything that the doctors won't already do for the father. His first instinct to look for acceptance was far better than this retarded BS.

>> No.22997645

If you're religious, Therese of Lisieux. If not, Nietzsche. Both of them were concerned deeply with fate and one's acceptance of it. A commonly told tale about these two contemporaries is that both of them had stayed at a hotel together unknowingly, leaving us to ponder how the conversation between the two would have gone.

>> No.22997652

>>22997384
Neville Goddard

>> No.22997673

Plato's Phaedo, or, if you are Christian, The Way of a Pilgrim. If atheist, Nietzsche might do, if you manage to understand him.

>> No.22997691

>>22997384
For the father issue I would recommend the Odyssey Book 24 where Odysseus meets Laertes again after twenty years.

>> No.22997694

>>22997384
>acceptance
This ends in two roads, one is misery the other is freedom and action

>> No.22997823

>>22997384
Bump, my mom just got diagnosed with schizofrenia and I just got dumped as well.

>> No.22998818

>>22997384
You should be happy, that's living, a piece of shit. And if you don't like it you can kill yourself anytime.

>> No.22998978

>>22997384
Read the New Testament fren, the Gospels mainly
give it a try at least

>> No.22999826

Balding at 18? Goddamn, dude start taking care of tour hair, it can be reversed. Stay strong.