[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 15 KB, 205x252, Demiurge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21911614 No.21911614 [Reply] [Original]

The world is so full of needless suffering that it seems so apparent that it was made by an uncaring god, the Demiurge. Both Gnosticism and Buddhism agree that we are stuck in an endless cycle of reincarnation unless we figure out how to break out of it.

This realization is devastating to me. How hard is it to achieve nirvana? Why are we stuck in this prison?

>> No.21911650

Why do you feel stuck between the universe either being created by a caring god or an uncaring god?

>> No.21911658

>>21911614
Its not too difficult at the very least to 'enter the stream' towards nibbana (if you have good instructions), but further progress to full nibbana in this very life will require pretty drastic changes to ones life. Still, entering the stream is enough to guarantee your destiny.

As to why we are stuck in this prison, the Buddha stated that there is no discernible beginning or reason to this samsara, and trying to discern one will only end up in either frustration or derangement. Its a question that is better put aside with preference rather to the root motivation that you have put forward - that you are irrevocably subject to this mess, and what the escape is.

"“Mendicants, it is said that no first point of ignorance is evident, before which there was no ignorance, and afterwards it came to be. And yet it is evident that there is a specific condition for ignorance.

I say that ignorance is fueled by something, it’s not unfueled. And what is the fuel for ignorance? You should say: ‘The five hindrances.’ I say that the five hindrances are fueled by something, they’re not unfueled. And what is the fuel for the five hindrances? You should say: ‘The three kinds of misconduct.’ I say that the three kinds of misconduct are fueled by something, they’re not unfueled. And what is the fuel for the three kinds of misconduct? You should say: ‘Lack of sense restraint.’ I say that lack of sense restraint is fueled by something, it’s not unfueled. And what is the fuel for lack of sense restraint? You should say: ‘Lack of mindfulness and situational awareness.’ I say that lack of mindfulness and situational awareness is fueled by something, it’s not unfueled. And what is the fuel for lack of mindfulness and situational awareness? You should say: ‘Improper attention.’ I say that improper attention is fueled by something, it’s not unfueled. And what is the fuel for improper attention? You should say: ‘Lack of faith.’ I say that lack of faith is fueled by something, it’s not unfueled. And what is the fuel for lack of faith? You should say: ‘Listening to an untrue teaching.’ I say that listening to an untrue teaching is fueled by something, it’s not unfueled. And what is the fuel for listening to an untrue teaching? You should say: ‘Associating with bad people.’ " (AN 10.61)

>> No.21911664
File: 429 KB, 1280x960, zgxLN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21911650
I'm not? The material world is full of needless suffering. Even nature demands that an animal must brutally kill another animal to survive. What kind a force would create such a world?

If there is a caring ultimate god, we have strayed far from it. We're stuck in a world of torment created by an uncaring or corrupted entity, such as the Demiurge, and we need to break out of it.

>> No.21911673

>>21911614
Since most beings are reborn in lower realms (one human for every hundred animals, or whatever the ratio is), there is net suffering to the rebirth process by an enormous margin. I believe once you're able to accept that the universe is always irrevocably "in the red" most institutions and mainstream religions start to feel ghoulish.

>> No.21911693
File: 518 KB, 1500x2000, 2000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Life for 99% of people is a short period of youth, vigor, and beauty (most of which is wasted on vanity and pleasing the ego) followed by a long decline of decreasing mental and physical ability until you are carted away to a senior home, left to die. Old people might say they are happy or "lived a good life" but from what I've seen the vast majority don't think that way and are lying to themselves. What even is the point?

>> No.21911713

>>21911693

> carted away to a senior home, left to die

Says more about our current civilization than anything else

Also living a good life is more than vigor and beauty, there's also love and courage and dignity which are enduring traits

>> No.21911716

>>21911614

Gnosticism is heresy. Read Augustine's confessions

>> No.21911723

>>21911614
What makes you think the suffering is meaningless? Is it that you don't like it? Because thats not a very good reason.

>> No.21911728
File: 136 KB, 686x695, pig.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21911658
>Its not too difficult

I sure hope so.

The full schizo pill is that in addition to being stuck in an uncaring world we are actively being led astray by demonic entities that feed off of our suffering. The earth is a prison planet where our "energy" is being harvested. To escape one must do activities similar to attempting to attain nirvana, such as meditation and acting morally. But if the full schizo pill is true, then it could potentially be as hard as getting a pig in a slaughterhouse to realize he is being slaughtered, and try to have it escape.

>> No.21911745

>>21911723
Suffering is not meaningless, suffering is life. But it shouldn't be this way

>> No.21911750

>>21911728
That is why there is no time to waste. The Buddha said that one of the most essential conditions for enlightenment is 'the utterance of another', precisely for the reasons you said, that it is as hard as getting a pig in a slaughterhouse to realize he is being slaughtered, and try to have it escape. We generally need an external agent to guide us correctly. Yet the fact that such teachings exist and that we live in such a state that is conducive to practice is sheer anomaly. So one should practice accordingly lest they later regret it.

>> No.21911755

Anything a god does is good if you believe that the god is good and goodness is inseparable from the god.

If good can not be separated from the god that created what you perceive as bad, then it would follow that you are deluded to the intrinsic goodness of that which you perceive to be as bad.

>> No.21911760

>>21911614
The Demiurge isn't an uncaring god, he actively wants you to suffer. An uncaring god wouldn't care what happened to you.

>> No.21911761

Can someone actually describe the steps involved in coming to this conclusion?

It seems like we're just identifying a phenomenon that exists in the world and then attributing it to a creator. You could do that with anything:

There is a lot of urine in the world
There may even be more urine than suffering
Therefore the universe was created by a pee lover.

>> No.21911762

>>21911614
>Both Gnosticism and Buddhism agree that we are stuck in an endless cycle of reincarnation unless we figure out how to break out of it.
>This realization is devastating to me. How hard is it to achieve nirvana? Why are we stuck in this prison?
It's literally as easy as accepting Jesus Christ and getting the Roman Catholic Church's sacraments regularly.

>> No.21911771

>>21911614
You're not schizo, but you're at the very beginning of a long journey.
>How hard is it to achieve nirvana?
Depends on how long it takes you to cut through the bullshit.
>unless we figure out how to break out of it.
If there are people that know how to do this are a not sharing this information those people are cunts. I also want off this shit rock.

>> No.21911772

>>21911761
That everything that exists is sustained by the creator of it, therefore the creator is willing to sustain something evil, therefore the creator is either evil to some degree or nothing is.

>> No.21911774

>>21911664
>Even nature demands that an animal must brutally kill another animal to survive. What kind a force would create such a world?
You're not thinking rationally. What % of the hours you are conscious are you in physical pain and not pain from crappy beliefs? Mental anguish is not suffering by your own definition so throw it out. Chronic pain is EXCEEDINGLY rare so it's just not.

>> No.21911775

>>21911761
It comes from the personal experience of the spiritual mechanisms of transcendence and the seeming forces that try their hardest to tie you back to this world.

>> No.21911777

>>21911761
Shut up reddit faggot

>> No.21911780

>>21911775
This is called the devil and sin.

>> No.21911786

>>21911774
>literalizing dukkha as physical agony
retard

>> No.21911792

>>21911774
>Chronic pain is EXCEEDINGLY rare
lol

>> No.21911806

>>21911786
>dukkha
They say the world is full of suffering and prove it by using nature. I've never seen a melancholic bird. If they mean mental suffering then it's widespread of course but they really don't want to know why or how. Most people who think life is suffering are as follows:
>never pray
>masturbate multiple times a week or even day
>use the Lord's name in vain
>fornicate or try to fornicate
>intoxicate themselves
In short, they live casual lives of sin and thus are casually miserable.

>> No.21911807

>>21911750
So immediate monkhood then. Or become a revolutionary.

>> No.21911809

I think there is a benevolent creator God and I think history testifies to his existence and his benevolence. But I am not sure he cares about everyone. Everyone suffers and I think that’s indisputable. I think the question is whether people can redeem their suffering in their lives. Why is it that some people will find vocation and others won’t? How is it that some stumble on the right path and others don’t? Why do some have their prayers answered while others don’t? I have no answers to these questions. Christians will say that God works in subtle ways or weaves strands of fate that are best for us, whether we know it or not, but it seems to me that could just as easily be attributed to random and cruel chance. I ask God for direction and help very often, but I don’t really know if I’m even being heard.

>> No.21911810

>>21911806
I miss when this board wasn't absolutely infested with broccoli niggers

>> No.21911813

>>21911810
Why does my post annoy you? It's not annoying to say meditate, take multivitamens, get sunshine, and exercise but if I suggest spiritual medicine you are upset? Oh right, it's because sin's slavery makes people hate God and His Church and Truth.

>> No.21911817

>>21911813
Your theodicy is a Flintstones vitamin. Get the fuck out of here

>> No.21911818

>>21911806
When a seal pup is being eaten alive, what kind of agony do you think the seal is going through? Is that not worth anything? What about the agony of the seal's mom?

>> No.21911821

>>21911772

How do we know that the creator sustains everything in the universe? I feel like there's another leap here. It seems just as probable that the creator created the universe and then left, or that the universe spontaneously appeared and is self-sustaining?

But, even if he does sustain the universe, he also sustains things other than suffering, making him just a complicated mixture of suffering, happiness, chairs, piss, the ocean, etc. In fact, he basically just is the universe. To assume you're right, you're still only able to say that he "sustains." The creator may be limited to the position of "sustainer of the universe" with no other responsibilities (including moral ones). He may sustain evil the way a polar bear acts in an 'evil' manner by killing another animal - in other words, just doing it without much care for its moral implications.

I feel like we just don't know and it's better not to jump to conclusion. I'm happy knowing that there are a few things in this world that make me happy and i'll ride with that.

>> No.21911823

>>21911745
I guess I meant needless. It strikes me to make the assertion that any such thing is needless requires a lot of confidence that you have all of the cosmic facts. Which if there is one thing we know, its that we do not have all of the cosmic facts. Hell we can't even say with certainty what suffers. Us? What is us? Yadda yadda.

>> No.21911825

>>21911614
>This realization is devastating to me.
Why? When you play The Sims, or Dwarf Fortress, do you really care about your creations that much?

>> No.21911829 [SPOILER] 
File: 43 KB, 540x540, demiurge-sweden.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.21911830

>>21911817
>Your theodicy is a Flintstones vitamin. Get the fuck out of here
Cool insult - doesn't change God's will though.
>>21911818
>When a seal pup is being eaten alive, what kind of agony do you think the seal is going through?
So like 10 minutes of a 10 year life?
>Is that not worth anything?
It is worth something because God loved His creation.
>What about the agony of the seal's mom?
This is the right instinct and it is permitted to believe animals go to heaven but don't have the beaitific vision so in point of fact the mom will see her baby seals again.

>> No.21911834

>>21911614
>The world is so full of needless suffering
only if youre ugly lol. get fucked

>> No.21911837

>>21911821
>universe and then left,
Then He would have included a mechanism to sustain it and how exactly to sustain it for all time which is logically redundant. Deism is a trap

>> No.21911839

>>21911830
Not even human. A new breed of cordyceps

>> No.21911843

>>21911761
>There is a lot of COOM in the world
>There may even be more COOM than suffering
>Therefore the universe was created by a COOOOOOMER.

>> No.21911847

>>21911839
>cordyceps
You can just use the word fungus - I know it's hard being a rebel against Jesus Christ but He loves you anyway and you don't need those big words to hide your barrenness.

>> No.21911850

>>21911830
>So like 10 minutes of a 10 year life?
>It is worth something because God loved His creation.

You should give me some primary sources why you think this way because this just strikes me as cope.

>> No.21911852

>>21911847
I opted for cordyceps because I've already run fungus into the ground describing your ilk.

>> No.21911859

>>21911850
Why do you pretend your subjective value judgements are objective? You hate life, we get it. You have nothing more to say, maybe just leave life if you hate it so much?

>> No.21911865

>>21911859
Sometimes I really think I'm in hell

>> No.21911867
File: 197 KB, 826x1100, 8c11111a-ab13-42ba-8789-6abce3255167_1.be37fc171d00cd98afe0c02fe091a8ad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21911850
>You should give me some primary sources why you think this way because this just strikes me as cope.
Sure - you're looking for this St. Francis of Assisi:
>He believed that nature itself was the mirror of God. He called all creatures his "brothers" and "sisters", and even preached to the birds[34][35] and supposedly persuaded a wolf in Gubbio to stop attacking some locals if they agreed to feed the wolf. His deep sense of brotherhood under God embraced others, and he declared that "he considered himself no friend of Christ if he did not cherish those for whom Christ died".[1]

>> No.21911868

>>21911664
>I'm not?
What in the actual fuck is wrong with you failed abortions that you write out a statement with the most passive-aggressive, grammatically nonsensical question mark at the end? Just say what you want to say and stop writing like an insufferable faggot. You're helping to fuel the very suffering you worry so much about.

>> No.21911870

>>21911837

Very true, but, again, whose to say the creator (or the creator's mechanism) conceptualizes in moral terms? And what about the case of spontaneous creation and then the universe sustaining itself? It also seems possible that the universe is not sustaining itself, but only feels like it is from the very limited experience humans have had in it.

>> No.21911877

>>21911865
>mfw hell actually is heaven

>> No.21911878

>>21911821
Sure. But now you are just describing other religions and their various attendant theologies. If you simply mean to engage in a freewheeling open ended speculation about Gnosticism boiled down to little more than "cosmos bad" then that is fine, and I have little to argue with because we are off the reservation at that point and you can presuppose pretty much anything you want.

I was addressing historical Gnosticism-as-Heresy which necessitates a certain relationship with Christian scripture and theology. Within this framework God is very much conceived of as a sustainer of creation thus raising a very specific set of questions with regard to theodicy.

>> No.21911885

>>21911870
>conceptualizes in moral terms?
Ironically this is the main debate between Islam and Catholics. Catholics hold that God is perfectly rational, moral, and thus powerful - Islam says merely powerful. I think the question is actually answered by St. Thomas Aquinas, if you measure something by a measurement the measurer participates in the real substance of that measurement. If you can speak in terms of the infinite then you are part infinite in essence and if you can say that things are eternally right or wrong then God can too. It's where natural law comes from in the Summa Theologica.

>> No.21911886

>>21911868
Maybe because you seething faggot equivocators come flooding out of the woodwork as soon as a thread like this gets posted. Isn't your daily 8 hour sacrifice to the system enough, faggot? Gotta defend it online for free, too?

>> No.21911892

>>21911865
The Buddhists and Christ say basically the same thing about this. It's in your head, the guy in hell is stubbornly staying there as some kind of retarded protest based on attachment to things, nothing is holding him there but his own resentment about not being omnipotent.

>> No.21911896

>>21911693
>Life for 99% of people is a short period of youth, vigor, and beauty
What kind of eugenic ubermensch utopia are you living in?

>> No.21911898

>>21911892
>It's in your head, the guy in hell is stubbornly staying there as some kind of retarded protest based on attachment to things, nothing is holding him there but his own resentment about not being omnipotent.
What did he mean by this

>> No.21911901

>>21911878

Well that's kind of the point, and the sense that OP is

>stuck between the universe either being created by a caring god or an uncaring god

I agree with you that within the theological framework we're talking about you're right, but that's not reason to make an objective claim about how the universe functions. There are plenty of things that are true within particular frameworks.

>> No.21911903

the buddha was correct and im tired of people pretending christ is our real saviour

>> No.21911905

>>21911614
fun fact, most people deserve suffering but that suffering should be caused by their own actions.

>> No.21911924

>>21911614
who cares if god cares. the whole point of a caring god is to meme humans into positions of power by pretending they represent said caring god, therefore they can make you care about them and give them power and money. the meaning of life is to live, to reproduce and continue living through your offspring as a copy of your own dna. Soldier of god, take hold your sword and slay the demons of babylon. Once every government bird drone is defeated, only then can you befree. I hate the antichrist.

>> No.21911926

>>21911878
>>21911901

The framework is wrong. Break free of the framework and try to enjoy life. It's good out there.

>> No.21911927

>>21911924
>we must topple the jewish techno-prison by reading their scriptures and imitating their ancestors' way of life
Fucking kek, the culture war just keeps on giving

>> No.21911930

>>21911924
20 Then the mother of the sons of Zeb′edee came up to him, with her sons, and kneeling before him she asked him for something. 21 And he said to her, “What do you want?” She said to him, “Command that these two sons of mine may sit, one at your right hand and one at your left, in your kingdom.” 22 But Jesus answered, “You do not know what you are asking. Are you able to drink the cup that I am to drink?” They said to him, “We are able.” 23 He said to them, “You will drink my cup, but to sit at my right hand and at my left is not mine to grant, but it is for those for whom it has been prepared by my Father.” 24 And when the ten heard it, they were indignant at the two brothers. 25 But Jesus called them to him and said, “You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great men exercise authority over them. 26 It shall not be so among you; but whoever would be great among you must be your servant, 27 and whoever would be first among you must be your slave; 28 even as the Son of man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

>> No.21911940
File: 348 KB, 800x1127, samsara.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Just to emphasize why this matters so much to me, if it isn't apparent already:

I'm just another person like you. A bit of a weirdo, but I am on 4chan after all haha. As I am approaching 30 in a couple of months I want to clarify where I stand on important worldviews.

This line of thinking, while laughably esoteric to the normie is obviously very important to me. I just want to have a normal life where I become successful in my business, make a lot of money, have a lot of good pleasurable experiences, please my ego, etc. But if any of this is true then it means the path I have to follow is something that I would've never considered before. For me the logically conclusion of all of this is that I must become either a monk or some kind of revolutionary in an attempt to attain nirvana to save myself and to help save others. Realistically I am probably too much of a pussy to actually go down that path, but at the very least it seems like this line of thinking will forever haunt me even if I live a normie life.

Namaste

>> No.21911951

>>21911940
Compliance with the ego is compliance with the world. Simple as.

>> No.21911957

>>21911940
>I just want to have a normal life where I become successful in my business, make a lot of money, have a lot of good pleasurable experiences, please my ego,
You want things that are humiliating to want. Want eternal life and goodness.

>> No.21911958

>>21911927
>>21911930

chat gpt moment

>> No.21911969

>>21911958
read the post - it was materialistic

>> No.21911973

>>21911957
Sorry I should clarify - your highest wants aren't the highest goods and thus you will suffer. Any of those things can be taken away from you even your self.

>> No.21911979

>>21911940
>I just want to have a normal life where I become successful in my business, make a lot of money,
How do you feel about the current state of global affairs as they relate to these goals? From where I am sitting revolutionary is the only play you have.

>> No.21911980

>>21911898
Change gears, forget about philosophy for a while, it's not your thing anyway. Think about your problem biologically. You're misfiring, the faculties evolved to do productive things are focused on meta nonsense that paralyzes you. Go run, fish, swim etc before you die. When you're dead it's too late, your diseased spirit already left its mark on the world and the eternal book of life.

>> No.21912022

>>21911951
Any primary sources to back that up?

>>21911957
>>21911973
What are you doing in your life to attain the highest goods?

>>21911979
I can think of a way to communicate these ideas via work that I enjoy doing without having to become a literal revolutionary, but I don't know if that is enough to attain moksha

>> No.21912049

>tfw the real demiurge was myself all along.

stop being a dualist faggot. You are the demiurge. And you are all alone. So you created multiplicity. Which is an illusion.

>> No.21912077

>>21912022
>What are you doing in your life to attain the highest goods?
Following the teachings of the Catholic Church - that's their purpose for being. Just try on their moral lens for a couple of days or weeks, it'll be weird at first, but as you develop an appreciation for them it will gradually make sense in my view. Sin is basically what destroys us.

>> No.21912087

>>21912022
If that's your instinct and you're still here isn't that evidence that it isn't enough? As in you would have thought to do this first. Maybe it's different for you I have no sense of how many times I've done this, so this could be first trip or a millionth I don't know of a way to gauge that.

>> No.21912130

>>21911867
Pantheistic heretic, glad he's burning in Hell.

>> No.21912148

>>21912049
new age drivel.

>> No.21912151

>>21911614
>that it seems so apparent that it was made by an uncaring god
Or, y’know, that 19th century intellectuals and scientists are right about the whole Big Bang, evolutionary thing and the universe just is, and we’re caught shocked at its blank indifference to our fee fees.

Yeah, if you can’t wrap your head around this, you just might be a schizophrenic

>> No.21912172

>>21911658
nice schizo rant, but can you support any of your spiritual wacko theories with evidence?

>> No.21912181
File: 70 KB, 480x608, hypocrite.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21912151
>Feelings don't matter

>> No.21912209

>>21912087
I don't know. A part of me thinks it might be my calling, because when I ask myself would I be willing to do it even if I don't get any monetary compensation in the end, the answer is yes. But it's not the typical things associated with trying to reach nirvana i.e. meditation and the like, it's work, actually making something that can communicate this information to the world.

What do you think your purpose is?

>> No.21912210

>>21911774
its not that rare, and "rare" is not a good enough reason you dipshit.
you sociopaths need to get hanged.

>> No.21912216

>>21911614
Try reading a little beyond wikipedia. There is endless actual material on Buddhism. Gnosticism is largely known through the traces it left on Christian apologists and polemicists so there isn't much to get out of it an a practical and unalloyed form. It's also quite literally just Christianity with extra steps, which is why the church attacked it so consistently. There are non-Christian criticisms of gnosticism e.g. Plotinus but not a major focus of the surviving body of non-Christian western religious writings. I would also suggest you read Spinoza if only because that's a version of theism where God is not understood as a petty tyrant conferring blessings and curses on a whim, Nietzsche for a total rejection of this question entirely, and any classical Buddhist writings (i.e. from the millennium of Indian development, which are the root texts of Theravada and also any later Mahayana Chinese, Japanese, Tibetan etc. system

>> No.21912223

>>21912210
>rare" is not a good enough reason you dipshit.
>you sociopaths need to get hanged.
Sorry that would increase suffering so you can't do that

>> No.21912232

>>21912223
im not a utilitarian fag. likes of you not being around pleases me.

>> No.21912260

>>21912181
I never said that.
Feelings don’t matter to nature, the animal that eats you, the gravity that takes you down the side of a building, the aging process that can’t regenerate your cells perfectly forever. It is not a god to worship, but a strange gift to cherish and wonder at while you can. Feel gratitude, feel love, for no other reason but that it feels best.
Ha! Now chastise me for being a hedonist. I don’t care.

>> No.21912266

>>21912260
>indifferent things are indifferent
>just order a pizza and watch a movie bro :)
fuck off back to readit

>> No.21912311

>>21911745
>>21911823
I would also like to add to this that I have never been convinced that, if we somehow managed to cure all things we deem to be needless suffering in the world, we wouldn't just have a value shift that made the new "worst thing" just as insufferable as the worst thing in our current value system. Like say we had some number of things that could possibly happen to us and we plotted them on a number line between -10 and +10. All things on the negative side are experienced as things that are needlessly suffered, -10 being the worst and getting slightly more bearable as you increase to past 0 where you start to experience joy or ecstasy or what have you as the opposite of suffering, 10 being the best. Now lets say you were to get rid of everything that is less than say 0. All the needless suffering. I think that we, as we got use to this change would start feeling things we would have put at 0 in the beginning just as harshly as we did things that we labeled -10 before, and as generations went by they would forget those old sufferings, they would only know the things labeled 0 and up and experience 0 as the same intense suffering as their ancestors did those -10. Then they would remake their own plot line putting 0 at their new -10 and fine tuning what is left of experience to stretch out onto their new 20 point system, seeking to eradicate the things that are less than 0. This would go on generationally until a critical point where there is a binary where everything is wither extremely good or extremely bad, the good would be hoarded by those with the power to do so while the bad will be left for those who don't, but both would feel a new lack of meaning because they are only experiencing one, and you need both for a potential for meaning.

>> No.21912316

>>21912311
this principle is exactly why the universe was created by an idiot and/or malevolent god

>> No.21912324

>>21911614
Have you considered the possibility that you’re not as good a person as you think, and that most of the suffering of the world is actually what we deserve?

>> No.21912335

>>21912316
>if i were god i would do much smarter and am nice guy
>why don't girl like me??

>> No.21912339

>>21912209
Every ounce of my being just wants to aggressively move forward. I don't know whether that's an effect of having cannon fodder genetics of eastern europe or a deeper purpose. I find no meaning in material possessions or status, but feel a lot of warmth and joy during conflict. I just want to charge head-first into a fight.
>But it's not the typical things associated with trying to reach nirvana i.e. meditation and the like
I agree with you here. All of that feels earthly. When I meditate I find I have no purpose I can grasp on. I am here, present, with no suffering, but that's it. I want control. Over everything. I want to be god, I detest having to play some cunt's tune, but you know you go around saying shit like that, and a stray jacket in a white padded room is my permanent residence. It's difficult for me to separate the human from whatever spiritual form "I" am so the real answer is I have no clue what my purpose is.

>> No.21912350

>>21912324
for what? making your sky daddy angry cuz someone used his name in vain or something?

>> No.21912351

>>21911614
I don't really buy Gnosticism as such, but I do somewhat view material world in Gnostic terms.
I support transhumanism and improvement of human condition, if possible.

>> No.21912366

>>21912351
it's really sad to see a lot of antinatalist fags fall for a literal religion out of desperation.
why can't they be like me? I see the world for what it is, i dont need to cope.

>> No.21912373

>>21912335
>just create your own universe out of the void bro
Why are worldlings like this

>> No.21912374

>>21912232
>likes of you not being around pleases me.
lol good job herod

>> No.21912375

>>21912316
You wouldn't have life as you can conceive of without that being the case so what makes you think there is an actual alternative?

>> No.21912387

>>21912375
This is why the god of gnosticism is an alien and remote god of the negative.

>> No.21912390

>>21912266
>no no NOOoOooOO!
>bwing back gawd! BWING BACK GOAAAAAWWWWD!
>WAAAAAAHHHHH!

Diaper changing time or nap time?

>> No.21912396

>>21912387
Because the Gnostics think there can be a better universe with them in it? There is no reason for that assumption to be true. The axiom needs proving.

>> No.21912403

>>21912373
You're talking about your perspective not a universe. Don't identify with the process that desires. There, we magically created a new universe where you sit above the process and observe it doing its silly things, like a god above the meat. Do you help the process along or detach completely, get comfy and laugh at it? You can choose the exact level of detachment you like.

>> No.21912407

>>21912396
Christ where did you proof? proof? proof? muppets even come from

>> No.21912457

>>21912407
Where indeed. Lets just make wild claims and we can all be right because its our experience of the world. I say that there is no needless suffering, it all feeds some need that we have forgotten when our soul descended to our body. You can not say Im wrong, because then you would be looking for proof. Which is an error in your own words.
/thread

>> No.21912462

>>21912130
youre not a very good christian

>> No.21912502
File: 107 KB, 800x649, Sri_Santsujata_and_King_Dritarastra.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21911614
check out the Sanatsujatiyam portion of the mahabharata

you have two choices:
1. to keep living in this framework, playing by its own rules, striving to attain immortality (that is, 'escaping' from this prison), following buddhism, gnosticism, sufism, whatever, so that you achieve the highest states and so on
2. recognize that this whole framework (pleasure, suffering, death, immortality, space, time, causation, individuality) is a mental construction that arises only due to ignorance and then simultaneously get yourself established in That which is eternally free

it all boils down to two things: the path of action and the path of knowledge

so, there are those who believe that death is real and then try to escape/transcend it, but there are also those that Know that death is not real. Which path will you choose?

>> No.21912632

>>21912151
>Big Bang,
Yes - the Jesuit priest who invented the idea of the Big Bang is correct. His secular intetpretors, however, are categorically wrong.

>> No.21912639

>>21912462
>youre not a very good christian
The word Saint means St. Francis of Assisi is in heaven so it doesn't matter what the Protestant thinks.

>> No.21912654

>>21912502
>That which is eternally free
>whatever, so that you achieve the highest states and so on
I know non-Roman Catholics live their lives in glaring contradictions but this one is pretty obvious, no?

>> No.21912655

>>21911614
the fact that so many people choose to act in their self-interest above the needs of society is inherently evil

>> No.21912772

>>21911969
materialism is satanic

>> No.21912943 [SPOILER] 
File: 69 KB, 540x506, dummy urge.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21911614
>>>/x/34553114

>> No.21912963

>>21911614
Gnosticism is the most reddit normalfag shit ever.

>> No.21914009

>>21911614
lol what

>> No.21914223
File: 1.18 MB, 1203x1739, 1681528073748.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21911614
Just practice dzogchen and you're guaranteed to achieve enlightenment in the intermediate state after death at the very latest

>> No.21914226

>>21911614
The presence of suffering is so pervasive that, far from being uncaring, any intelligent deity that created it must have been actively interested in creating suffering.

>> No.21914251

>>21914226
What's the fun in a game with no consequences?

>> No.21914413

>>21914251
I used to think like this but the suffering isn't actually fun.

>> No.21914430

>>21914251
What's the fun in a game where you're never told the rules, thrown into it without any direction or hint, and killed or tortured via agonizing methods for comedic lengths of time if you make one wrong step, where it appears that every step is wrong one way or another because there still appears to be no "victory condition" which would be the case if it really were a game.

>> No.21914435

>>21914413
Suffering is optional and often self-inflicted.
>>21914430
That's just the tutorial level.

>> No.21914441

>>21914435
>That's just the tutorial level.
That's your entire life.

>> No.21914445

>>21914435
Suffering is not optional. It's the first noble truth. Truth is not optional.

>> No.21914450

>>21914441
Yes, the tutorial. Naturally, I imagine I won't be able to debate you out of your one-life stance, however, for fun consider the possibility of doing it again forever and ever.

>> No.21914451
File: 207 KB, 400x657, suffering.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21914445
Perspective is.

>> No.21914452

>>21914450
You will be doing the tutorial over and over in each of your lives. It's the same each time.

>> No.21914456

>>21914435
>video game analogies
Kill yourself

>> No.21914457

>>21914452
I genuinely hope not and honestly that is one of my bigger fears. I am hoping for some sort of memory unlock or a way to move the ball forward after death.

>> No.21914459

>>21914451
Yes, and suffering is independent of perspective. That's why it's the first noble truth, not the first noble perspective.

>> No.21914460

>>21914451
>all suffering is trivial because le comic
Kill yourself

>> No.21914463

stop with cp and u will realize the world is not especially hostile toward you

>> No.21914464

>>21914456
>pretentious reader
Wow, you're the first one.
>>21914459
Perspective of your suffering, cowboy. Try to keep up.
>>21914460
Are you retarded? Comic illustrates a point, no?

>> No.21914469

>>21914464
Kill yourself. You're not insightful or intelligent

>> No.21914471

>>21914464
>Perspective of your suffering, cowboy. Try to keep up.
Suffering doesn't have a perspective. It either is or is not. Like if I rip your teeth out with pliers, there is no perspective where that is pleasurable.
>Comic illustrates a point, no?
The only point the comic illustrates is that there are some people who make life harder for themselves than it has to be. It still doesn't negate the universality of suffering in every perspective.

>> No.21914475

>>21911940
you're a bit long in the tooth to start coping with mysticism, and your "logical conclusion" is just another layer of desire spun as intuition. service to humanity is well and good, but you must do it with a clear heart.
>save myself
>save others
clouded heart. you will save neither. your revolution will go untelevised or you will starve, and you will fail to reach nirvana. still willing?
learn to be normal, since that appears to be your most restrictive self-belief and consequent source of suffering.

>> No.21914477
File: 1.65 MB, 1240x826, E1B3CD85-F06B-464F-B097-6D2AD4B76AF0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21911614
>needless suffering
insipid preoccupation.
if particular arbitrary stimuli is your primary concern instead of intrinsic qualities you have no business dealing with eternal subject matter. if the eternal does not exist within every conceivable and potential state of being, it does not deserve central rumination as per first principles.

complete suffering, complete joy, complete melancholy, pieces of any and all combined within an infinite fractal of permutations. A true prime would cause any and all states. And would find fulfillment in any subdivision as a reflection of the absolute.

>> No.21914479

>>21914469
Yes I am. Check it. You're very clearly angry because you're unwilling to address the pain you're feeling inside.
>Suffering doesn't have a perspective
You have a perspective of your suffering. As in once you rip your teeth out with pliers you can think of the pain in a different light besides "I am suffering right now"
>some people who make life harder for themselves than it has to be.
Hey, you got it. Except instead of some people it's most people.

>> No.21914483

>>21914471
>>21914479
Forgot to quote link.

>> No.21914484

>>21914451
You're right, and they're seething. "Al mal tiempo, buena cara" is a common saying in Spanish. And the people that I know that suffer greatly, do the best with what they have. People should be less losers.

>> No.21914489

>>21914484
>People should be less losers.
Amen

>> No.21914491

>>21914477
dude...................... fractals............. 1 is 0 and 0 is 1 ............ nothing is anything bro............

Kill yourself

>> No.21914496

>>21914484
>some people have evolved a tolerance to changeless suffering built up over long years of suffering
>therefore suffering is a non-issue
What is this fucking swill. Zoomers are so sheltered and retarded

>> No.21914505

>>21914491
>nothing is anything bro
never said this. I said OP is over occupied with a particular when any particular has to be understood in relation to a hypothetical absolute when talking about infinites and metaphysics and eternals.

If you have something of consequence to consequence to say, say it.

>> No.21914511

>>21914505
>le eternal is in le everything... god is in this sodomizer's shit-crusted dick.... love and light....
Retard. Monism and its consequences...

>> No.21914526

>>21914479
> You're very clearly angry because you're unwilling to address the pain you're feeling inside.
Everybody is feeling pain inside. There are those who admit it, like me, and those who pretend they are actually happy with their state of deprivation and misery, i.e. the deluded masses and psychologists, like you.
>As in once you rip your teeth out with pliers you can think of the pain in a different light besides
The pain will be there no matter how you think of it. That is the universality of suffering. Try to keep up. You don't seem to understand what was said.
>Hey, you got it. Except instead of some people it's most people.
No, it's only some people. Which means the comic is totally irrelevant to what's being discussed here. The same would apply if it were most. Besides, the fact that people make life harder for themselves to begin with, considering that free will is an illusion, is itself a form of the universality of suffering.

>> No.21914527

>>21914496
yes anon, this is particularly a zoomer sentiment indeed. a demograph particularly known for their tolerance of burdens and forbearance in solemn quietude.

fucking retard.

>> No.21914537

>>21914527
The zoomer "sentiment" in question is the denial of the pervasiveness and depth of suffering as an ontological FACT. Literally too dumb to remember that for every one person or animal that has adapted to hardship, there's at least one other that was broken by it

>> No.21914538

>>21914526
>Everybody is feeling pain inside
I used to. I don't anymore.
>The pain will be there no matter how you think of it.
That's not true. Pain subsides unless you keep picking at scab with forever suffering.
> Try to keep up.
Hey look, it's that thing I said. Did that get to you? I know it did.
>You don't seem to understand what was said.
I disagree.
>No, it's only some people
>Everybody is feeling pain inside
Nice consistency. Have you noticed that you're on both ends of the argument?
> Which means the comic is totally irrelevant to what's being discussed here.
No, the comic is appropriate and precisely communicates my point to those willing to hear it.
>considering that free will is an illusion,
You still get to make choices that are of local consequence to (You), no?
I see you're entrenched in suffering being out of your hands. Good luck to you, little masochistic piggy.

>> No.21914545

>>21914538
>I used to. I don't anymore.
Yes, you do, which is why you're posting right now.
>That's not true. Pain subsides unless you keep picking at scab with forever suffering.
The pain and deprivation is always in the background. You choose to acknowledge it or repress it via thoughts. Your choice, clear from the previous post, is repression via thought.
>Nice consistency. Have you noticed that you're on both ends of the argument?
They are two different statements with different meanings. Reading comprehension, please.
>No, the comic is appropriate and precisely communicates my point to those willing to hear it.
The comic does not demonstrate any universal point. I could just as easy create a comic with a guy drowning in endlessly deep water. Your comic is contingently created with a contingent, non-universal meaning.
>You still get to make choices that are of local consequence to (You), no?
No. You're born into your situation, that's it. If you make good choices in life, that is thanks to your demon, or double. Either way, it is suffering.

>> No.21914553

>>21914538
Dukkha is a condition of restlessness and dissatisfaction rooted in impermanence/anicca as an ontological fact. This is why the Buddha distinguished between dukkha and pain. This is why you're a fucking retard and the other anon is pushing your shit in

>> No.21914555

>>21914511
Ah, so this is your level.
Sorry for wasting both of our time.

Hope you have fun with your willful obstinance, champ.

>> No.21914556

>>21914537
>things break, oh no
You're talking about your own attachment to certain outcomes not some le "ontological" fundamental.

>> No.21914567

>>21914556
Death and decay are universal. You're a fool.

>> No.21914584

>>21914537
no anon, thats all too overly particular and situational to illustrate essential nature of things.

You should probably read aristotles whole autism on predicates and subjects before making really inelegant truisms. Then again, its usually the most retarded who cling to hard truisms like this.

>> No.21914586

>>21914567
>things break, oh no
Apparently none of you retards meming about suffering can think. It looks like you're from the same mainstream pop media branch of retardation as pop atheism and pop communism since you all use the same kind of mindless non-logic like just repeating your conclusions over and over.

>> No.21914593

>>21914545
>Yes, you do, which is why you're posting right now.
Pain is the only reason to post? I'll tell you what. This will be my last reply here. Make it really hurt with the final word.
>The pain and deprivation is always in the background
It is not.
> You choose to acknowledge it or repress it via thoughts.
I've chose to address the reasons I felt pain and it stopped.
>Your choice, clear from the previous post, is repression via thought.
My choice is acceptance via thought. Your choice is denial which is more akin to repression.
>They are two different statements with different meanings. Reading comprehension, please.
Yet you've chosen to address neither. Yes, they are different statements with different meaning, but they do happen to share a common thread. If everyone feels pain why is it that only some people suffer? What are the other people doing?
>The comic does not demonstrate any universal point.
Sure it does. You have a perspective of your suffering just like the guy in shallow water has a perspective of drowning.
> I could just as easy create a comic with a guy drowning in endlessly deep water
Sure you can. Then you'd be making a different point.
>No. You're born into your situation, that's it
You're born into a situation and you have a choice of how you're going to perceive the situation you're born one of which may exclude suffering.
>If you make good choices in life, that is thanks to your demon, or double. Either way, it is suffering.
Right, just like I said at the beginning of this conversation. I imagined I wouldn't be able to debate you out of your stance. Look, it's happening in real-time. Amazing
>>21914553
.All that esoteric knowledge on buddha and you're still seething. Sucks to suck. Of course, if you think it's the nature of your being to suffer there is clearly no one else to go.
At any rate, I'll be demonstrating my lack of pain now. Cheers fellas. This was fun.

>> No.21914599

>>21914584
Aristotle was an autistic-rationalist and high priest of the survivorship/recency/proximity bias fungal people like you, so I'm not surprised you cling to him. Suffering is the only problem

>> No.21914600

>>21911843
This

>> No.21914604

>>21914586
>things sometimes don't break, oh yes
Is that it?

>> No.21914611

its kinda cringe to primarily be motivated by decreasing pain instead of achieving fulfillment. seems like a mindset that will lead to entropy, apathy, and failure procedurally since you are on the defensive. rather than seeing the world as a stage to enact your want, which is inherently constructivist and directed towards perfection and love.

>> No.21914614

>>21914611
>just comply with your imperative to ravage non-being bro
Eat shit worldling.

>> No.21914619

>>21914604
Why don't you just read the posts? Are you illiterate?
>attachment to certain outcomes
Even if you can't read the posts you can't even conceive of alternatives? Your mind works completely in these braindead dichotomies?
If you wanted things to break but they kept not breaking you would have the same complaint and pretend it's "ontological" instead of a result of your decision to make all meaning in the world hinge on some random material goal that popped in your head.
That you would have the exact same complaints if you wanted nothing more than death and decay shows your real complaint, that you're not omnipotent. Anything standing in the way of your petty material goals is "ontologically" evil according to you which means you're completely deluded by your own ego.

>> No.21914626

>>21914619
>meaningless reddit counterfactuals
>twisting himself into pretzels trying to frame dukkha as some kind of egoic delusion
It's retards like you that eventually got me rooting for the elites

>> No.21914629

>>21914599
Ok, then follow simple logic and the iterative process. there is no necessity that requires Aristotle in this. its just a common encoding ground. use mathmatics or whatever works from first principle.

Your accusations of survivorship/recency/proximity bias are petty. the same logic would be faulty if applied to any other subject matter as well and could he used to justify any thesis in general (poorly).

>> No.21914630

>>21914629
>dude investigate the problem of evil and/or universal suffering with numbers
Kek.

>>21914619
>your point that an eternally impotent will-to-power can only seethe at impermanence is a product of your OWN eternally impotent will-to-power! nyeh!
lol shut up. womanish fag

>> No.21914632

>>21914614
how can you ravage non being. how can it be to be ravaged? unless you take non being as a subset of being of course.
>just comply with your imperative
yes, thats how it tautologically works.

>> No.21914643

>>21914632
You ravage it by imposing your will upon it, by trying to violate its uncertainty principle. You can't have the = x totally and objectively without being implicated in it so you despoil everything around it.

>> No.21914644

>>21912324
We come into this world, aside from our biology, a tabula rasa and in all but the most uncommon of circumstances stand to unwillingly inherit that which springs forth what is called "dukkha" here or "sin" there, which really is an individual's summation of genes; behaviors; environments; mental health; etc. that governs how they carry themselves in seeking sustainable comfort and what that "comfort" even is (which is nearly unattainable given reality's cycle of decay)
Given all of this, in what way do we deserve this anymore then a ball I throw up "deserving" to be pulled back down by gravity, or some other law of Nature? Is there no greater irony, in an indulgence of ego through the interrogation of one man's morals, to then claim what they feel is objectively deserved on everyone that which on such a scale occurs like chemicals reacting?
What could lead someone into thinking that the unsolicited participation in such a cruel game could some how justify the constant mass sufferings taking place all throughout it?

>> No.21914647

>>21914630
>with numbers
or anything that makes coherence. I was refering to analytic philosophy with the numbers thing.
also, you are assuming evil and suffering as intrinsic elements instead of potentially prescriptive phenomena.

>> No.21914648

>>21914626
So far you've been unable to read any of my posts or say anything. It's remarkable how delusional people can get. Try to apply your methods of "thinking" in something where you get measurable results. The first step to becoming less retarded is acknowledging how retarded you currently are. Deep down you probably know but never test yourself to avoid facing how utterly braindead you are.
>>21914630
At least admit that this is the fucking "problem" you retards keep jerking off about. Your definition of "evil" is anything that opposed your will, the "problem of evil" is really "the problem of you not always getting what you think you want immediately".

>> No.21914655

>>21914647
Go play with your alphabet blocks in the corner, junior

>>21914648
>the "problem of evil" is really "the problem of you not always getting what you think you want immediately".
Nah it's womanish faggots like you who INSIST on pathologizing these observations that refuse to think outside their lane.

>> No.21914665

>>21914644
>We come into this world
The flesh is moulded into shape by the world. We have no idea what "we" are when talking about the actual phenomena that experiences things.
If the fundamental experience is the same thing that decided it would experience it then it "deserves" what it chose.
>>21914655
You're too braindead to construct a thought, you have to rest everything on vague insults like "womanish". I call you a retard and then attempt to say something, you only do the name calling part and never say anything or address any point in any way.

>> No.21914666

>>21911614
Read Ecclesiastes.
Distrust Buddhism and Gnosticism.
Distrust the Bible.
Distrust your own template of reality.
No one knows anything, really, is my take.
I definitely don't think it's a one size fits all, everyone goes to the same place, type thing.
Unless that place is nothingness.
I think there's a very good chance that whatever you're focused on during your last seconds, as that DMT and ADRENALINE hits, and your brain is throwing everything it's got, THIS IS IT!!
THE BIG ONE, BOYS!!!
KITCHEN SINK TIME!!!!
(and seconds spiral out into minutes and minutes into days and that last second into Infinity)...
Well you see where I'm going with this.
I hope.
No?
Well what I'm saying is that
Your last thought may be the 'heaven' or 'hell' you're trapped like a bug in amber in forever.
Last thought = infinite afterlife
As far as you are concerned.
GL!
P.S.
Why is 'the problem of evil'... a, very philosophically basic, Christianity 101, Buddism-101-type concept...still so widely misunderstood online?
Put succinctly, the evil is from humanity, the evil we e all around us and all get depressed by from time to time is *nothing*... AT ALL... compared to how bad things could be. Ton the limitless excruciating torment that'd possible.
(we exist in a small bandwidth of feeling and even cartel gore deaths like the infamous 'bite the machete' are but a drop in the proverbial bucket compared to the infinite agonies of Hell) and the whole "all powerful", "all knowing", "all caring" God may be an exaggeration from earlier humans poetically calling for God's kindly attentions.
Like a Valentine's.

Anyways, opiates.
Get yourself a nice, gentle, easy going habit and, like a good Buddhist, don't get caught up in temporal this is that. Suffering or enjoyment.
Get yerself some substance that's not too flashy or disastrous. That works with your biochemistry. And a reliable source ...like growing poppies and harvesting opium or even the lowly kratom powder, or possibly even marijuana (though that's never worked for me, makes me paranoid and dumb and is smelly and expensive) and relax into your short remainder of time on Earth.
Trust me, when the time comes & you're rushing along there... headlong there...too fast... right into the most terrifying and painful experience of your life (death), you'd eat through a mountain of whatever shit is troubling you now just to have another breath of air and or 'bad day', anon.
Enjoy it while you can.
"COULD ALWAYS BE WORSE!!!"
*comedic drum sound*
wacka wacka wacka

>> No.21914668

>>21911614
>This realization is devastating to me.
Let me take a shot in the dark here, you are, I am guessing... under the age of 30?

>> No.21914672

>>21914665
>le ebil.... is in le eye of le beholder >:)
We all read Nietzsche faggot, stop posting

>> No.21914681

>>21914672
Say something you mindless slave. You keep namedropping shit you read but every time you demonstrate you don't understand any of it. You know words but not meaning like an American creationist.

>> No.21914684

>>21914643
then “it” is. it cannot be dispoiled since its and objectification of the non object. Making it necissarily actual. even hypothetically removing it from the realm of actuality, it becomes essentially unkownable and without addressable quality of any sort. making it supremely, superlatively, irrelevant of ANY consideration whatsoever.

>> No.21914692

>>21914684
>I WANT to chase pre-ontological pussy I'll never get
There is nothing more cuckolded than the realm of action. Even your daddy Nietzsche knew it.

>>21914681
>what if world not ebil..... but u ebil!!!?!? >:)
End it

>> No.21914694

>>21914681
A usual american creationist has more legitimacy actually since they fully admit their position is entirely based on faith.

>> No.21914701

>>21914692
>I WANT to chase pre-ontological pussy I'll never get
first, not the neitzsche guy, secound, uh, yah, I was saying that you cant get pre ontological cause then you would be getting into the ontology of ontology which is just redundent.

>> No.21914707

>>21914684
He doesn't want intelligibility or addressability, he made it clear he hates all form of thought. He resents the world for being intelligible when he is so retarded, everything should be as mindless and empty as him to satisfy his little man syndrome.
>>21914692
>what if world not ebil..... but u ebil!!!?!? >:)
Are you illiterate or pretending to be illiterate?

>> No.21914709

>>21914701
>the neitzsche guy
I never even mentioned anything to do with Nietzsche. The guy deliberately adds confusion to threads to protect his ego.

>> No.21914721

>>21911614
it's all perspective. i was suffering horribly until i realized that God is love and He created nothing but love, and there is no darkness in Him. you see horrible suffering, i see an expression of love. people suffer because they don't understand what true love is

>> No.21914724

>>21914721
>kids with cancer is true love

>> No.21914730

>>21914611
How is breaking from the samsara not the most fulfilling achievement there is?

>> No.21914733

>>21914611
Spoken like someone with zero life experience

>> No.21914743

>>21914724
yeeeup

>> No.21914745

>>21914496
Not a non-issue, just a surmountable issue. Your suffering is only equal to others because of it's nature, not because of it's intensity, even if you think it is. You are a coward, and can hardly be regarded as a man by your ancestors.

>> No.21914751

>>21914745
Tell us how you're a real man then, fagqueer

>> No.21914758
File: 15 KB, 141x100, 1671409090551838.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21914751
You can grow no seeds because your land is untilled and usually I would hope for the best but you're reaching middle age, and you're wasting your days on this? You are a loser. Your existence can be ignored, you can be forgotten, because you have chosen it. I would like you to suffer, and then I want you to surmount this suffering like your family before you, you honorless freak.

>> No.21914764

>>21914758
There's literally nothing you wrote here that doesn't apply just as much, probably even more, to you

>> No.21914773

>>21914764
Sadly, you're wrong, because I'm satisfied in the suffering I've gone through life. Jesus Christ is Lord, and He conquered death. How can even one drop of my blood compare? Lord guide me and strengthen me in my family so my 2 sons do not grow up to be like you, and my daughter does not meet men like you. I want them to live good, healthy lives, and reading your posts makes me sick. You are wasting your time on Earth.

>> No.21914775

>>21914758
cringeball

>> No.21914780

>>21914773
family men are so fucking gay and cringe.

>> No.21914781

>>21914773
You do know lying on the internet is a sin, right?

>> No.21914782

>>21914780
People before and after children are completely different people, to the point I don't think childless people or people without some sort of property on the line should be allowed to vote (like you)(retard).

>> No.21914786

>>21914782
>i have an enormous investment in the world so you should kowtow to everything I say
Nah

>> No.21914787

>>21914786
You have no investment in your own life, so you have no merit

>> No.21914788

>>21914782
So Jesus was a retard, according to you?

>> No.21914789

>>21911957
>eternal life
eternal suffering
>goodness
cheap phenomenological baubles

are you really so easily bribed?

>> No.21914791

>>21914782
Tell your son to stop tearing the wings off of insects

>> No.21914792

>>21914782
There's always something so minimally gay and cucked and broken about men who raise children. And you're here banging your war drum of some ancestral warrior spirit. You never lived free a day in your life

>> No.21914795

>>21914787
What a typically American protestant sentiment. Thank goodness your empire is dying

>> No.21914796

>>21914787
Your investment puts you at the mercy of life and its fluctuations, which makes you its slave.

>> No.21914797

>>21914795
I'm catholic.

>> No.21914802

>>21914796
Jacking off to porn also makes you a slave to yourself

>> No.21914804

>>21914797
American Catholics are just another breed of protestant.

>> No.21914805

>>21914797
You're a faggot

>> No.21914808

>>21914802
>le oversocialized projection
All the same, every last one

>> No.21914810
File: 2.66 MB, 1242x1466, re.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21914804

>> No.21914814

>>21914804
>mfw there will probably be an American alternative pope called Jim-Bawb I in 2050

>> No.21914826
File: 95 KB, 828x772, 1649255632577.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21914475
"Normal" is a life spent in ego drama land guaranteeing another life in samsara hell.

If my purpose was laid out before me which said that in order to escape the Demiurge and save other souls I would have to live a life of suffering with no money, no fame, no recognition and an ignoble death, I would at least consider it if it really was the correct path out. In fact, I would be more convinced that it would be the correct path because it allows no exaltation of the ego in any way.

>> No.21914860

>>21914810
Don't kid yourself. Americanized Catholicism will be just as Disneyfied a bunch of happy happy feel good nonsense as American Protestantism is right now. If we can get Americans to cringify Orthodox Christianity and Islam as well, they would have completed their mission here on earth, and we can finally end America with our heads held up high

>> No.21914871

>>21912339
Have you taken the MBTI? You might be an ISTP

>> No.21914875

>>21912339
Apparently a lot of people find their purpose after travelling. So you could give that a shot

>> No.21915100

>>21912396

No. They believe there can be no Universe with no one in it.

>> No.21915104

>>21914826
getting warmer.

>> No.21915233

>>21911664
In Orthodoxy, carnivores are a symptom of man's first sin seeping into nature. There were no meat eaters in paradise.

>> No.21915246

>>21911716
These posts are meaningless and only serve to actually put people off the likes of Augustine. If you have indeed read Confessions, why would you recommend it?

>> No.21915260

>>21911762
You are right, but at least he is halfway there given that he has realized that the world is ruled over by the demons leading people astray. Whether we call it harvesting loosh or by some other name is not so important as recognizing the fact that we live in a spiritual world. Some of the gnostic stuff constitutes obvious corruption of the truth, overemphasizing and overmythologizing the spiritual planes, but there are likewise some nuggets of truth in there.

>> No.21915297

>>21911664
those bears dont look like they suffering, they look very happy desu

>> No.21915324

>>21911761
https://esotericawakening.com/what-is-reality-the-holofractal-universe

>> No.21915337

>>21911940
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klzB1Q1zqLo

>> No.21915359

>>21911830
You're the one choosing to break communication off. Even though you're responding to posts you're being so disingenuous it's obvious your faith is your attempt to project your internal state(that is, morality) onto the world. Stop looking for recognition, you'll stay feed for demons as long as you're deluded through "one" way.

>> No.21915364

can demons be convinced to become buddhists and seek nirvana?
doesn't making others suffer all the time cause them lots of suffering for themselves? if so, aren't they sick of it? or do they even enjoy it?
is becoming a demon and embracing suffering and samsara a viable alternative to nirvana?
everyone should wish for (everyone wishing) all demons to be happy (at peace and free from suffering), all suffering to be happy (at peace and free (!*) from suffering), and all happiness to be happy (at peace and free from suffering), until everything gains the quality of happiness (and peace and freedom from suffering) = nirvana
*so the suffering wouldn't cling to itself

>> No.21915371

>>21914593
>Pain is the only reason to post?
Suffering is the reason you post. You post because you feel you need to prove something. You feel insufficient. Even if you weren't just trying to "defeat" me in an argument, which is evident by the way you are phrasing your points, then you would still be trying to fix something that you see as broken. Because you see something as broken, you suffer at the sight of it being broken, and so you try to fix its brokenness. Your attempt to do good is motivated by suffering.
>It is not.
It's demonstrable in the case of every human being.
>I've chose to address the reasons I felt pain and it stopped.
Again, the example with pliers. Addressing pain does not stop pain, you just come up with coping mechanisms (generally repression) to feel as if it is ok and you're happy living with it.
>My choice is acceptance via thought.
It's already clear from what has been said that you are not accepting anything. You are denying the universality of suffering. What do you think you are accepting by denying suffering?
> If everyone feels pain why is it that only some people suffer?
Everyone suffers in different ways.
>Sure it does. You have a perspective of your suffering just like the guy in shallow water has a perspective of drowning.
A perspective is not a universal point.
>Sure you can. Then you'd be making a different point.
You're starting to get it.
>You're born into a situation and you have a choice of how you're going to perceive the situation you're born one of which may exclude suffering.
They all contain suffering. Again, different types, different extremities. Heavens and hells.
>I imagined I wouldn't be able to debate you out of your stance.
This is probably because you are aware that you lack the merit of truth, and so you know that someone who refuses to deal in coping mechanisms will of course not be persuades by white lies and other falsehoods.

>> No.21915377

>>21914475
Good post, this is what actual enlightenment appears as.

>> No.21915391

>>21915377
Real enlightenment doesn't appear on 4chan. You have to go to a monastery for that.

>> No.21915395

>>21915391
It does, once in a while. This wasn't it, but it was in the right direction.
Everything appears here.

>> No.21915402

>>21915395
Nope.

>> No.21915416

>>21915364
There are stories of desert monks that even prayed for the demons that assaulted them.

>> No.21915465

>>21911614
Suffering isn't real, you made it up.

>> No.21915470

>>21915100
And a universe with only the chaos of the void is somehow less retarded than a chaos with awesome beauty + terrible suffering? Again, How does one make such a claim without realizing that they are just saying shit based on their limited cosmic viewpoint and not actual statements about reality? It definitely sounds like total schizo shit to me anon. Good luck with that.

>> No.21915475
File: 41 KB, 798x644, B20F4B01-A0C8-4F50-9961-69C71983BF16.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I can’t wait for the Gen Z “BASED SCHIZO!!” era of the internet to be over. This shit is so gay and lame.

Also, if you’re religious, you’re probably the stupidest person in any room you enter.

>> No.21915484

>>21911728
Jesus fucking Christ, kill yourself you stupid, insufferable faggot. Demons aren’t real, demiurge isn’t real, God isn’t real, you aren’t a profound prophet because you read about the gnosticism wikipedia page. There are tens of millions of “schizos” just like you.

>> No.21915486

>>21915470
>numberless sentient beings should suffer eternally for pretty nebula

>> No.21915492

>>21915484
>>21915475
I'm counting the days until you shitwits die out forever, like I will relish the last boomer's last breath

>> No.21915505

>>21915492
>”GOD IS GONNA BEAT YOU UP AND SEND YOU TO HELL FOR ME!!!! GOD ALWAYS PWNS PEOPLE I DONT LIKE PERSONALLY!!!”

Pathetic as fuck bro

>> No.21915519

>>21915505
You're confusing gnosticism with the early 00s Westboro fundamentalism that South Park used to make fun. What's it feel like being so culturally arrested?

>> No.21915523

>>21915484
>Jesus fucking Christ, kill yourself you stupid, insufferable faggot
the irony here is palpable and NTA

>> No.21915531
File: 7 KB, 179x282, 57EBDE89-B044-468F-8AD0-0ECA37A69FB4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21915519
>What's it feel like being so culturally arrested?

I don’t know, you tell me retard who is still religious in the 21st century.

>> No.21915621

>>21915470
>a universe with

No. A Universe without.

>> No.21915650

>>21915486
>Pretty nebula is all there is of awesome beauty in this world
>Disregard the infinity of beings that experience the good and beauty
You aren't even operating off of a genuine experience of reality. You are latching on to schizo delusion because you think it makes you better some how.
>>21915621
A universe without is the chaos of void. Resulting to word games is the death throws of an argument that never was.

>> No.21915652

>>21911614
The thread is so full of needless gay that it seems so apparent that it was made by a flamboyant homosexual, the OP. Both chuds and trannies agree that we are stuck in an endless cycle of gay shitposting unless we figure out how to break out of it.

This realization is devastating to me. How hard is it to create a good thread? Why are we stuck on this garbage board?

>> No.21915686

>>21915650
>death throws
retard

>>21915652
This was a fine thread. Stick to the millionth Sankara thread this month.

>> No.21915699

I want fucking out. Is there any chemical which can induce a heart attack in me so my father and grandma don't think i offed by myself?

>> No.21915706

>>21911614
>chooses to believe in some religious nonsense
>gets sad at the immediate consequences
Maybe next time you can choose to believe god is a rapist and then cry and sulk everyday that gou will be raped constantly after you die lol

>> No.21915766

>>21911658
What is the pali word that is being translated to “situational awareness” in this passage?

>> No.21915820

>>21915766
Sampajañña

>> No.21915870

>>21914733
exact opposite. literally everything you do of merit is in the persuit of something. focusing on pain and suffering is literally what the suicidal do. eating potato chips in a dark room ruminating over pointlessness and pain in a comfortably Air controlled enviornment surfing the web on your computer. Never commiting to anything under the preconception of worthlessness and the fobia of pain of any sort. Until one day you off yourself.

>> No.21915885

>>21915652
>nooo why wont people just ACCEPT my overly particular dillusions that dont have a firm ontological grounding, ahhh!

>> No.21915890

>>21915870
No retard, it's because you think the universe conspires toward love and perfection. The sun is the most wasteful source of energy in the solar system and it is beautiful.

>> No.21915934

Yeah you're retarded.

Suffering is fucking great and that you thin otherwise shows you've been psyoped.

>> No.21915939

>>21915934
lmao I miss when this board wasn't filled with absolute children. Faggot BAP larper. We're not talking about the gym pal sit down

>> No.21916035

>>21915699
fentanyl

>> No.21916043

>>21911614
You're suck a fucking crybaby lol. Man the fuck up and rise against the odds you miserable weakling

>> No.21916167

>>21915484
>There are tens of millions of “schizos” just like you.
That's a good thing. I hope they find peace, also.

>> No.21916186

>>21915364
There are demons (= devas) who became fully enlightened after listening to Buddha's sermons according to some suttas.

>> No.21916205

>>21915297
Nah, but their victims are

>> No.21916218

>>21911774
I think you’re the one who isnt thinking rationally. A loving and caring god could have easily made all animals on earth herbivores or photo-synthesizers. Does god get off on watching animals tear each other apart and watching humans kill each other in wars over resources?

>> No.21916265

>religion

>> No.21916271

>>21912632
>Yes - the Jesuit priest who invented the idea of the Big Bang is correct. His secular intetpretors, however, are categorically wrong.
>because… because… They just are, alright!

*five minutes later*

>it came to me in a dream! Shut up!

>> No.21916272

Attempting to break the cycle is the only thing worth pursuing in this existence. Everything else is but noise.

>> No.21916274

>>21915939
He's right
There is no pleasure, only suffering
If you dont like it unironically kys

>> No.21916281

>>21916272
You break the cycle by killing yourself
Try it

>> No.21916283

>>21916272
Don't paint beautiful buildings

Don't compose amazing music

Don't build awe inspiring buildings

Just sit on the floor and meditate, bro.

>> No.21916284

>>21916274
>there’s no such thing as pleasure only pain
>if you don’t accept my mental illness you should kill yourself

kys. sincerely. End your misery.

>> No.21916293

>>21915475
Exactly
All this reeks of some new-sincere "conservatism is the new punk rock"

>> No.21916300

>>21915484
Based

>> No.21916305

>>21915391
>real enlightenment
>"suck my tongue"

>> No.21916309

>>21916283
What's up with the building fetish?

>> No.21916313

>>21915364
Causing others to suffer is the purpose of life
Or did you forget how your food gets on your plate?
Fag.

>> No.21916320

>>21914804
All religions are just the same breed of cope

>> No.21916321

>>21916309
I actually like brutalism

>> No.21916326

>>21916284
>no u
lol. Dilate.

>> No.21916328

>>21916281
I've already died innumerable times. Doing it once more won't change anything.

>> No.21916331

>>21914721
>i was suffering until i made up a giga cope
What's new?

>> No.21916338

>>21914666
>No one knows anything, really, is my take.
Yet i know that you are a tranny

>> No.21916342

>>21916321
Nice. Gives me Soviet flashbacks tho. Not a good look rn.

>> No.21916343

>>21914477
>i am very smart

>> No.21916353

>>21912772
Satan is God
Deal with it christcuck

>> No.21916361

>>21916353
Jesus is Lucifer.
>muh morning star

>> No.21916363

I had a dream the other night where I stood on top of a hill and loudly declared to God that I would accept my place in His universe and all the suffering that came with it. When I woke up I felt oddly troubled.

>> No.21916371
File: 49 KB, 554x554, Fh0kNveVIAAl8bY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21912181
>feelings matter

>> No.21916380

>>21916361
Lucifer and diabolos arent the same

>> No.21916384

>>21916328
Good
So do it again

>> No.21916387

>>21915890
this is a blitheringly narrow veiw. wtf do you mean by ”waste”? do you mean extension? I think thats more comprehensive term. You just colored something to appear in a narrow way rather than a more full apreciation of an interaction.

Yes, by definition, extention is a process towards perfection, that is the hypothetical end or final object. its iteration and movement in itself. a subject and its object.

>> No.21916388

>>21916384
No thanks.

>> No.21916391

>>21916380
>opposing the cause of god
>not lucifer
10-4

>> No.21916392

>>21916388
Literally, what worth do you have by staying alive?

>> No.21916396

>>21916391
>gets his theology from pop culture

>> No.21916399

>>21916392
Attaining enlightenment. Humanity is the lucky form which has that potential, before you're cast back into millions of years of animal and insectoid life without a slim hope of leaving the cycle.

>> No.21916401

>>21916328
How do you do the remember part? Is the only way to not remember to be a 1st run NPC?

>> No.21916402

>>21916387
>idealism

>> No.21916406

>>21916396
>How you have fallen from heaven, MORNING STAR, son of dawn! You have been cast down to earth, you who once laid low the nations!

>> No.21916413

>>21916399
>enlightenment
>spends spare time on 4chan
You are an embarrassment

>> No.21916418

>>21916406
Ah, so jesus is satan
Makes sense.

>> No.21916423

IMPORTANT SCHIZO VIDEOS

Moksha Reincarnation Trap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Ed40tVGOg

Isiah Simpson - The False A.I. Machine-God Consciousness and Astral-Realm Parasites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy-C7_7tYOA&list=PLPvvuV6NaVRKYtN6nRXHBF1H8zlr_dcYD&index=4

Beware the light.

>> No.21916426

>>21911614
I came to the same conclusion not long ago, but I don't think the demiurge is evil or even uncaring. He's just imperfect and is doing his best to keep things in order.

>> No.21916430

>>21916418
If the devil's greatest trick is not convincing the world he didn't exist but that he is god there's going to be a lot of beet-red religious faces in the afterlife in that instance. Just wish I had front row seats and some popcorn.

>> No.21916435

>>21912181
>>21916371
hmm, you both make convincing points

>> No.21916436

>>21916418
Satan is the devil. Lucifer is the lord of light and not Satan.

Yhwh is Satan

>> No.21916439

>>21916401
Most people don't remember. Some who take certain psychedelics claim to. The only way that is certain is to enter the stream and see it directly with the eye of knowledge (abhijñā).
>>21916413
Any other goal would be what is actually shameful. You live for no reason, knowing there is no purpose to your life other than consumption and trying to stave off your loneliness and decrepitude. It's a sorry state for all beings.

>> No.21916443

>>21916309
all intent is inherently constructivist.
fancying that your construction is actually deconstruction is an absurdity, and just leaves you with small shakey truisms rather than a reflectable muse.

>> No.21916445

>>21916436
Satan (adversary) is the name of "diabolos" (devil). Lucifer (venus) is the morning star, and also a symbol of jesus.
YHWH (I Am) is "The Father".
Its not complicated.
Ha-Satan (the accuser) is not lucifer
Lucifer is the foundation stone
Jesus is called the capstone
Its all astrology.

>> No.21916452

>>21916439
>no u
I dont claim to be holy, you do
Thats the difference here
Youre a larper, im indifferent

>> No.21916467

>>21916402
>any rational analysis of an object with multifaceted qualities instead of a particular fetishization

>> No.21916477

>>21916467
>rational
Thats your first stumbling block

>> No.21916485

>>21916452
Holiness is not relevant to the goal.

>> No.21916502

>>21916485
Why is your goal superior to mine?
Because it makes you seem better

>> No.21916501

>>21916218
>Does god get off on watching animals tear each other apart and watching humans kill each other in wars over resources?
Yes, precisely. If there is heaven, both the kindest and the most vile people in history will be there. Good and evil doesn't matter, what matters is how interesting we are as characters, the stories we create to entertain the audience.
The only objective evil is the end of the play.

>> No.21916507

>>21916501
We are in heaven now

>> No.21916515

>>21916445
>Its not complicated.
And yet you made my post more complicated

>> No.21916516

>>21916439
>abhijñā
>"Divine eye" (dibba-cakkhu), that is, knowing others' karmic destinations
How close am I?

>> No.21916522

>>21916507
Too many normalfags for it to be heaven desu.

>> No.21916690

>>21916522
>Naw dude. Heaven will be full of abnormals. Chu.

>> No.21916726

>>21916283
whenever i'm almost done with creating something beautiful, i get the urge to destroy it.
same when i'm happy and everything is fine, i think because it gets brutally destroyed soon anyways.
i'm sometimes telling myself its related to stream entry, because it forces neutrality, maybe life as a whole is gravitating to neutrality (this would explain karma) with stronger force (because of weaker centrifugal force?) the further you get to the edge, where my bubble is supposedly located.

>> No.21916732

>>21916726
It's a cope cushioning the devastation of having your creation destroyed by doing it yourself rather than watch it undone by something/someone else

>> No.21916752

>>21916732
but is that cope leading to nirvana?

>> No.21916766

>>21916752
It's fear. Zero in and explore it if you want to be closer to nirvana.

>> No.21916836

>>21916690
I see heaven as a hall of fame, why would it need background noise?