[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 49 KB, 500x634, 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21855856 No.21855856 [Reply] [Original]

Your time is valuable, so let's get to the point. My name is Greg Farmer. You can call me G. Farmer. A few months ago I retired from teaching woodshop and moved back home to Atlanta, GA, so that I could spare my elderly parents the displeasure of moving into a nursing home (Hi, mom! Hi, dad!). With all this free time on my hands, I decided it would be fun to write a series of interconnected novels about paranormal and occult topics set in my home city, and maybe throw in a couple 4chan memes. However, after getting halfway through my first book and running out of ideas, I realized I wasn't a very good writer, and no amount of edgy attention-seeking antics would ever change that.

Have any of you guys ever given up on writing? What did you do afterwards? I was thinking I would put on my bathrobe and record myself babbling about insane contrarian nonsense so that I could upload it onto the Youtube, but then I realized how embarrassed I would be if my parents saw their grown son doing that in exchange for literally nothing. Should I do TikTok instead?

>> No.21855881

Don’t give up! This is a great and very original idea! All of us here believe in you, G. Farmer!

>> No.21855909

Mr Farmer, you seem to be giving up on your dream out of wholehearted passion for the talent of writing. I suggest you adopt a more cynical frame of mind – the American dream is dead, and you never had a chance. This approach would allow you to begin to excuse yourself for undercutting your own sense of ethics, dignity, and respect for fellow authors, so that you can begin to aggressively flock your wares at every opportunity. You've acknowledged you're untalented, so your efforts are unlikely to be met with success at first – fake it until you make it! Make videos and posts suggesting you have already been successful in writing and amassed a small fortune from the proceeds of staggeringly large book sales. Make videos in the basement of your parents' home and imply it is your own home. When they kick you out and you find yourself moved in to a shoddy bachelor apartment, take a carefully cropped video and claim you have moved into a Chicago penthouse. Remember, Mr Farmer: you weren't given an honest shot, so anything you do to get food in your mouth is excusable. Happy travels, and don't hesitate to link your Amazon storefront on /lit/, over and over and over!

>> No.21855980
File: 1.22 MB, 2208x1018, 1609714277374.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

You've come to the right place, Mr Farmer. You can do it; we can help.

>> No.21855999
File: 76 KB, 645x355, callofthelathe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21855909
>Happy travels, and don't hesitate to link your Amazon storefront on /lit/, over and over and over!
haha, that's a fun dream but I don't think Kindle would want to publish the stuff I'm writing. The only thing anyone wants to read these days is zombie stories and spaceship adventures, and that's only if you can get them away from facebook/instagram (haha!). No one's interested in an honest American story about average men with a commitment to improving their community through positive youth mentorship.

>> No.21856789

>>21855980
real?

>> No.21858161

bumpin for a dumpin