[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/lit/ - Literature

View post   

File: 52 KB, 720x493, photo_2023-02-19_02-31-59.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21691045 No.21691045 [Reply] [Original]

how would you rank his works, which is the best? I finished zarathustra and looking for the next one, suggestions?

>> No.21691055

>>21691045
>The antichrist
Short, concise based
>Genaeology of morals
A better version of beyond good and evil
A lot of the aryan stuff is in here

>> No.21691065

>>21691045
Why another thread? Put this in one of the other dozen

>> No.21691070

>>21691055
I see, thank you. I'll go for the genealogy of morals then. I've delved pretty deep into the ''aryan'' stuff, with Serrano and other esoteric Hitlerist/Hyperborean mysticism stuff. Of course I enjoyed the overman pills in zarathustra.

>> No.21691078

>>21691065
I could've, but what's done is done. What was your favorite work?

>> No.21691118

>>21691045
Are you getting anything out of it anon?

>> No.21691139

>>21691118
To be honest, yes, many beneficial thoughts and ideas came to my head while reading it. Somewhat fusing with the stoicpill.

>> No.21691172

>>21691139
That's nice, a stoic huh?
I think one should take the lessons of discipline, choosing how to react i.e. not being ruled by negativity and move on but you have your own path i'm sure.
Perhaps you should question your motives, where you want to go and what you want to achieve.
This will lead you to guidance of what to read.
Good luck in your search anon.

>> No.21691186

>>21691172
I can't, more like don't want to classify myself as anything really, but I like some of that stoic mindset. Agreed with what you say, I've found getting to know the ''occult'' helps with all of that, it's all corelated in some way anyway. I started sleeping on the floor after reading Zarathustra.

>> No.21691217

>>21691186
>>21691186
Okay i understand anon just remember that while delaying gratification and manipulating the environment is intelligent, being smart just to fuck yourself out of enjoying life is stupid.
If you really want to go deep on the occult and understanding yourself maybe you should look into P.D Ouspensky's account of Gordjieff in " insearch of the miraculous".
Again it depends how you want your life to be, this is kinda meta stuff but i guess you're literally looking for it.

>> No.21691243

>>21691217
how would you go about enjoying life? I guess we're all different in this aspect... I might've lost track of what I'm after and now thinking about all thoughts become scrambled. I'll note that work, have looked into Gurdjieff before.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rasho1zv-co
pretty comfy music

>> No.21691277

>>21691243
I've actually not looked into his music since i feel he's a corruption of his own teachings.
"do as i say not as i do" then again it works as a pleb filter, he is all that he seems to be but also stumbled onto some real knowledge and imo makes the wrong conclusion about it in the end.
Occult knowledge is occulted because it's not for most people, give it to the wrong person at the wrong time and it can really fuck with them.
Where your attention naturally gravitates and what annoys and irritates you guide you to what you want to engage with.
Whether you want to indulge in it until you've had your fill or think about why it's interesting/revolting to you and what that means in relation to you is one way to go about life.
What is desireable and why?
There are a million answers to that question and not all of them pretty, figure out which bubble is for you and feel free to walk away if it no longer interests you.

>> No.21691307

Zarathustra
The gay science

Genealogy of morals sucked and he's so narcistic that it can be hard reading his longer works

>> No.21691313
File: 89 KB, 840x480, krishna.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21691070
The point of the geneaology is that all words which we use denote systems of authority, which has been set by the strong
All weakness is signified as the subhuman and the strength of the hyperborean root races lives on in aristocratic forms of life
Thats why evola's cultivation is the "aristocracy of the soul" for a fascist revival of "traditionalism"
Its all there, which is why i laugh when jews claim nietzsche had nothing to do with fascism - he is basically the grandfather of fascist thought.

>> No.21691322

>>21691277
>>21691277
I'll be honest, I never looked deeply into him or Blavatsky and similars, because of their race, who knows if better or worse... the musics alright though.
Might be enough to fuck with someone, but could it be even worse when you're doing it (magic et al) and nothing works? Up to a point... For years I've thought about the do what you love thing, never can figure anything out.

>> No.21691331

>>21691313
Familiar with that, nice, seems it will be a comfy read then. On a semi-related (pic) note, I was Arjuna in one of my dreams and Krsna was speaking to me, about the importance of trees, lol.

>> No.21691347

>>21691045
>which is the best? I finished zarathustra and looking for the next one
Go through from the beginning again, On Truth & Lies in the Nomoral Sense, Birth of Tragedy, epigrammatic works to Gay Science, then read TSZ once more -- but do Geneaology of Morals before taking on Beyond Good and Evil. The late works won't be parsable without this, and will take on a new light with Zarathustra as a key. Be thorough.

>> No.21691361

>>21691347
>The late works won't be parsable without this, and will take on a new light with Zarathustra as a key.
intriguing, thanks anon

>> No.21691369

>>21691331
You should always listen to your higher self.

>> No.21691385

>>21691322
Yeah, dismissing the music as unimportant was a mistake, thanks for correcting it.
You take the useful parts of ideas, throw them against what you already know, see which hold true while keeping what doesn't in mind for later because it might be that what doesn't make sense yet will after it is resolved at a higher level.
There is more knowledge in life than can be incorporated and reconciled in one lifetime, but which knowledge is useful and wanted by you?
Magic is not my will be done (usually) but thy will be done.
Whose will do you serve and are you sure you're not already recieving their bounty?
Sometimes what you think you want isn't what you actually need and desire or it's a stop on the way there.
>>21691369
This 100%. Try to investigate the symbolism of trees, keep the whole tree with the roots in mind.

>> No.21691428

>>21691385
It's hard to say what it is that I want, I don't know, with my conscious mind at least.

>>21691369
>>21691385
Now I've been reminded of the light body passages in Zarathustra, then I remembered in Serrano works the passages about the twice born Aryan...
I've had so many intense dreams these last years, full of symbology, would like having a Jung-tier person to talk them over with lol. From a empty rundown tibetan temple with a headless black rooster and a small wingless eagle like creature shooting arrows at me to having a 4/5 layer dream, waking up 4 times in dreams, inception like.
During waking life, I don't really know which thoughts and ideas come from my higher self... Only once I've had a full blown vision, quite an unforgettable experience.

>> No.21691436

>>21691045
TSZ and JS are his best works IMO. All his books are fun to read really, but there might be some dry parts here and there though they are few.

>> No.21691463
File: 10 KB, 393x215, carl gustav.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21691428
Symbology isn't beyond you, you don't need jung to tell you what you're trying to say.
Both spiritually and and intellectually you are driving at the same thing, it is fascinating.
I suspect you are teetering on the edge because you're approaching the point of no return.
You have to ask yourself do you want to be of the world and in the world or do you desire to understand and observe?

>> No.21691488

>>21691463
Thanks for writing all this and before that, wise-anon. You are most likely right... Some pondering to do, as I'm torn between the answer to that question...

>> No.21691494

>>21691488
Not at all, it was lovely talking.
I hope you find your path and enjoy walking on it.

>> No.21691595

>Tries to criticize Christianity
>just says assumes a bunch of things j don't identify with at all and he takes for granted
>most just criticises his local churches
What's this guys problem

>> No.21691700

>>21691045
Genealogy of Morals is probably his most insightful book with regard to understanding modern social life. In terms of being an enjoyable read, Ecce Homo is top tier.

>> No.21691702

>>21691595
You seem like the kind of person who hasn’t actually read him.

>> No.21691706

>>21691702
I'm trying my best here. I literally have all his books. Every claim he makes about Christianity he prefaces with a statement that makes me go
>what? That's not what Christianity is though

>> No.21691713

>>21691706
Christianity is for the weak
The strong must forge their own path
Nietzsche identifies himself with pontius pilate,, "what is truth?" - it is imperceptible to him, and so he executes it, and does not mourn its cadaverous spectre.

>> No.21691714

>>21691713
That doesn't actually approach what I said though

>> No.21691724

>>21691714
It does
Since you are clearly defending christianity in some way - pretending like it has any value except as a coping mechanism.

>> No.21691726

>>21691724
But you haven't actually addressed anything I've said.

>> No.21691736

>>21691726
You havent said anything except that nietzsche was mistaken, when i find that he is completely correct
Tell us what nietzsche got wrong

>> No.21691841
File: 30 KB, 298x474, 2452244.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21691428
>>21691463
I have repetitive dreams. Currently most of the time my dreams are about me being murdered or me in a loving relationship.
In the first ones here is always plenty of blood.
First I feel euphoria and then I am invaded by absolute fear when everything turns dark.
In the most vivid of all of them I was in clothes like picrel and dying by puncture wound from a sword, I suppose, and before dying I looked at the gloomy and rocky landscape that surrounded me and i said a weird thing that i don't remember anymore.
But in my infance my dreams were mostly nightmares with ghosts and dreams with me flying without control, In the first ones i usually screamed but had no voice.
The most vivid and repetitive was the one where my father lefted the house, I followed him, but suddenly a ghost got in my way, scaring me like shit.
I don't really believe in the meaning of dreams but some Jungfag can interpret this shit to me?

>> No.21691862

>>21691045
>existing powers commit acts of evil
>some powerless people see this wrongdoing and decide to overthrow the powerful
>succeed in doing so
>have now become the powerful themselves
>condemn the old ways as evil and introduce new ways they see as good
>this means there is no good or evil
Good and evil are an observable phenomenon which exists independent of a person's powerfulness. There are both good and evil strong people, just as there are good and evil weak people. I for one, much prefer it when the good are powerful, and so endeavour to make that reality.

>> No.21691868

>>21691862
Ever hear the phrase "power corrupts"?
This is not a warning but a promise
All that exists is power and its aesthetic

>> No.21691928

>>21691868
power doesnt corrupt , power reveal

>> No.21691940

>>21691928
I would humbly disagree
A good man *rising* to power is different from the heir of the throne
How to keep oneself honest? Ti make oneself lowly in other aspects - but this is not power
Power is royal excess

>> No.21691978

>>21691940
Lies always come from weakness. There's no reason to lie if you're not afraid.
>to make oneself lowly
>Power is royal excess
wtf

>> No.21691989

>>21691978
To be honest to one's nature is to also make peace with corruption
Imagine you had unlimited power - the unholy wrath you could inflict
All men are the same this way, envious of our own ambitions

>> No.21692007

>>21691940
>the heir
I wouldn't call the character of someone born in opulence corrupted.
Most good men do not rise to power simply because they do not seek it, and some renounce it.

>> No.21692032

>>21692007
Its only by momentum that the barrages of wealth give simplicity to a child's body and tyranny to his mind
Those with the softest hands also have the darkest hearts
Again, like i say, to be strong you must come from below, to be at the top only means to fall.
To remain powerful in yourself you must be climbing upwards, not simply gazing on your lessers.

>> No.21692045

>>21691989
>Imagine you had unlimited power - the unholy wrath you could inflict
Why wrath? In humans that's an expression of some kind of impotence, the opposite of power.
If I have unlimited power I am omnipotence, there's no reason to do anything, there is no goal unmet.

>> No.21692057

>>21692045
There is only so much power in the world and only so much we may do with it
That is the fundamental impotence

>> No.21692080

>>21692032
Sure, if we look at institutions of power previously installed , it is corrupted, but i wouldn't call that corruption of character for an childish heir to exert his childish character trough power.

>> No.21692090

>>21692080
The political institutions we possess today are basically managed through the same heriditary aristocracies

>> No.21692095

>>21691045
1. Gay Science 10/10
2. Human, All Too Human 7/10
3. Beyond Good and Evil 7/10
4. Thus Spoke Zarathustra 6/10
5. The Birth of Tragedy 6/10
6. Ecce Homo 5/10
7. The Anti-Christ 5/10
8. On the Genealogy of Morals 5/10
9. Twilight of the Idols 3/10
10. The Will to Power 1/10

>> No.21692101

>>21692090
yeah , i was making a distinction between corruption of power and corruption of an individual character ,the former being ,i think, implied in the saying '' power corrupt '', for which i disagree.

>> No.21692106

>>21692101
Power is corruption itself
Thats the point i am making separately
But corruption leads to death, and death to succession, so it becomes resolved

>> No.21692107

>>21691139
>>21691172
>>21691186
“You desire to LIVE "according to Nature"? Oh, you noble Stoics, what fraud of words! Imagine to yourselves a being like Nature, boundlessly extravagant, boundlessly indifferent, without purpose or consideration, without pity or justice, at once fruitful and barren and uncertain: imagine to yourselves INDIFFERENCE as a power—how COULD you live in accordance with such indifference? To live—is not that just endeavouring to be otherwise than this Nature? Is not living valuing, preferring, being unjust, being limited, endeavouring to be different? And granted that your imperative, "living according to Nature," means actually the same as "living according to life"—how could you do DIFFERENTLY? Why should you make a principle out of what you yourselves are, and must be? In reality, however, it is quite otherwise with you: while you pretend to read with rapture the canon of your law in Nature, you want something quite the contrary, you extraordinary stage-players and self-deluders! In your pride you wish to dictate your morals and ideals to Nature, to Nature herself, and to incorporate them therein; you insist that it shall be Nature "according to the Stoa," and would like everything to be made after your own image, as a vast, eternal glorification and generalism of Stoicism! With all your love for truth, you have forced yourselves so long, so persistently, and with such hypnotic rigidity to see Nature FALSELY, that is to say, Stoically, that you are no longer able to see it otherwise

>> No.21692587

>>21692057
You can be one step further from impotence by not allowing wrath to control you.

>> No.21692665

>>21691940
>7 And when they told it to Jotham, he went and stood in the top of mount Gerizim, and lifted up his voice, and cried, and said unto them, Hearken unto me, ye men of Shechem, that God may hearken unto you.
>8 The trees went forth on a time to anoint a king over them; and they said unto the olive tree, Reign thou over us.
>9 But the olive tree said unto them, Should I leave my fatness, wherewith by me they honour God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
>10 And the trees said to the fig tree, Come thou, and reign over us.
>11 But the fig tree said unto them, Should I forsake my sweetness, and my good fruit, and go to be promoted over the trees?
>12 Then said the trees unto the vine, Come thou, and reign over us.
>13 And the vine said unto them, Should I leave my wine, which cheereth God and man, and go to be promoted over the trees?
>14 Then said all the trees unto the bramble, Come thou, and reign over us.
>15 And the bramble said unto the trees, If in truth ye anoint me king over you, then come and put your trust in my shadow: and if not, let fire come out of the bramble, and devour the cedars of Lebanon.
>16 Now therefore, if ye have done truly and sincerely, in that ye have made Abimelech king, and if ye have dealt well with Jerubbaal and his house, and have done unto him according to the deserving of his hands;
>17 (For my father fought for you, and adventured his life far, and delivered you out of the hand of Midian: 18 And ye are risen up against my father's house this day, and have slain his sons, threescore and ten persons, upon one stone, and have made Abimelech, the son of his maidservant, king over the men of Shechem, because he is your brother;)
>19 If ye then have dealt truly and sincerely with Jerubbaal and with his house this day, then rejoice ye in Abimelech, and let him also rejoice in you:
>20 But if not, let fire come out from Abimelech, and devour the men of Shechem, and the house of Millo; and let fire come out from the men of Shechem, and from the house of Millo, and devour Abimelech.

>> No.21692757

>>21691045
I personally enjoyed The Gay Science. I read it in my faggoty doomer phase. Ironically it made me less of a faggot.

>> No.21693661
File: 92 KB, 800x679, ECDoP3sVAAA0I_i.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21692095
GAY SCIENCE LMAO

>> No.21693713

>>21691862
>There are both good and evil strong people, just as there are good and evil weak people.
True, but this requires genuine nuance to understand, so Nietzsche is ruled out.

>> No.21693718 [DELETED] 

>>21692107
I wish he would write like a human being and not directly trying to insult men who have been dead for millennia

>> No.21693726

>>21692107
>With all your love for truth, you have forced yourselves so long, so persistently, and with such hypnotic rigidity to see Nature FALSELY, that is to say, Stoically, that you are no longer able to see it otherwise
Isn't truth an interpretation according to neetch? I guess he's fine just being a hypocrite.

>> No.21693769

>>21691045
Dear Mr. Nietzsche,

I just wanted to take a moment to tell you how much I appreciate your work, and how much it speaks to me as a Zoomer who's obsessed with the movie "American Psycho" and follows Andrew Tate on social media.

Your ideas about the will to power and the idea of the superman really resonate with me, and I see a lot of those concepts in Patrick Bateman's character. He's, like, the ultimate expression of the will to power, you know? And he's, uh, always striving to be the best, even if it means doing some pretty messed up stuff.

But, like, I know that your philosophy is more than just about being a sociopathic alpha male, you know? There's, like, a lot of depth and complexity to your ideas, and I think that's why they're so timeless.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for all you've done, and for inspiring a whole generation of edgy teens and twenty-somethings like myself to, uh, live life on our own terms and, uh, not be afraid to pursue our dreams, even if it means stepping on a few toes along the way.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

>> No.21693782

>>21693769
Brainlet christian stoic

>> No.21693803

>>21693782
As a redpilled zoomer, I have been drawn to the philosophy of stoicism, which has helped me to develop a strong sense of discipline, self-control, and resilience in the face of life's challenges. Stoicism has also taught me to focus on what I can control, and to let go of what I cannot.

One of my main inspirations for exploring stoicism has been Andrew Tate, a self-made millionaire and champion kickboxer who espouses a philosophy of "winning at life" through discipline and mental toughness. Tate's message resonates with me, and I see a lot of overlap between his teachings and the principles of stoicism.

As a Christian, I have also found that stoicism aligns well with my faith. Stoics believe in living in accordance with nature, and as a Christian, I believe in living in accordance with God's will. Stoicism teaches that we should cultivate virtues such as wisdom, courage, justice, and self-control, which are also values that I strive to embody as a Christian.

Stoicism has also become popular on social media platforms like TikTok, where many creators share stoic quotes and insights to help others overcome obstacles and achieve their goals. I have found that the stoic messages on TikTok can be a helpful reminder to stay focused on what really matters and to stay true to my values.

Overall, stoicism has been a valuable philosophy for me to explore as a redpilled zoomer with a passion for Andrew Tate's teachings and a commitment to my Christian faith. I believe that by embodying stoic virtues and principles, I can continue to grow and succeed in all areas of my life.

>> No.21694207

>>21691347
only post ITT with a correct opinion. you can safely ignore the rest—they have no value.

>> No.21694473

>>21691065
It's getting real tiresome.

>> No.21694889

>>21691841
Ghosts haunt. Something is haunting you. Ghost blocking your path means you probs have some kind of mental block that makes you unable to do something you've wanted to do for a long time. Also you "flying without control" sounds like you yourself are the ghost in the dream, which would mean you're overwhelmed by something and have been ignoring it for a while.
Basically, ghosts signify procrastination, deliberate or accidental.

As for being a knight getting killed: Something about chivalry, that you feel your virtuous behavior has failed.

Mixed with the ghosts, it seems you are dealing with a lot of doubt. In yourself, in the people around you, your job, your interests, everything. My guess is that you try to be a good person, but have doubts that you can be or deserve to be.

>> No.21695780

>>21693803
This feels like it was written by chatGPT

>> No.21695960

>>21691045
Start with Dawnbreaker and end with it if you can't stomach it. If you can read Beyond Good and Evil. Then read the rest of Nietzsche and forget what politics poisoned brains told you about him.

>> No.21696655
File: 86 KB, 741x1200, Elisabeth_Nietzsche.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>21691045

>> No.21698668

>>21696655
fug she was a baddie

>> No.21698690

>>21696655
She be mad ripe, yo.

>> No.21699485

>>21693769
You don’t get American Psycho or Nietzsche. Never mind that AP offers commentary on something different in a different time.

>> No.21699690

>>21691045
Why who is good can not strong? if this is not prejudice, pure racism how is all the nihilism.

>> No.21699726

Neetschze is a dumb nigger and people who like him even dumber niggerer

>> No.21699733

>>21699726
There are two types of nietszcheans
Dumb niggers
Nazis

>> No.21699925

>>21699733
And who does not want to read anything of Ancient. Who wants all prepared in substance.

>> No.21700143

>>21691736
Not that anon, but the Jew and, even worse, German*, had understanding of Christianity that was a mix of Judaism and eternal German ambition.

* his bogus claim of being a descent of Polish aristocracy notwithstanding

It is not a coincidence that Luther has pooped up soon after the Teutonic Order got its ass kicked. Germans lost the approval of the popes to use Christianity as an excuse for their own expansion to the West, and they were told to recognize Poles and others as equals. So Luther came out to bitch about Catholicism. Protestantism didn't allow Germany to arise, so Nietzsche started to bitch about Christianity in general.

Nietzsche bitches about ressentiment, because Germans, the eternal losers that haven't won a war since forever, were told to expect to have God on their side. Expecting such a thing has nothing to do with Christianity, which is about having spiritual motivation that is unrelated to the prospect of getting material rewards out of it.

Nietzsche was essentially a faggot nerd that masturbated to the powerlevels of edgy characters, only historical ones. He probably sincerely believed that history, written by winners, was not overblown to make them look better.

What he failed to grasp is that the slow and steady wins the race. He idolized leaders of 99.99% in extreme poverty, who were lords of life and death of common men. In reality, the strong middle class was what has allowed Europe to outpace other continents. And forming monogamous marriages, which has prevented gene degradation, unless you were an inbreeding aristocrat.

Because strong man can be strong only for a limited time, while a united and self respecting populace will outlast any strong man. Christianity was fundamental for it.

>> No.21700160

>>21700143
>to the West
To the East, I meant.

>> No.21700164

>>21700143
I think nietzsche accepts a dance with death for the life-affirming subject
His concern wasnt national - he was a bourgeois anti-deutsch "thinker", a hypocrite by his own estimations, and this is well understood - but what he did neglect in his outer experience he delivered in an inner searching, which i think is valuable